The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Who Was Newcastle’s Best Player In Dramatic 1-0 Win Over Fulham?

5:00 pm, Sunday, April 7th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 22 Comments

nufcfulham-fc

Let us know who you think the best player was against Fulham this afternoon, when in another amazing finish Papiss Cisse got us all three points with a goal three minutes into stoppage time – a massive 3 points for Newcastle United.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Fulham?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

22 responses so far ↓

• 1 Alan Pas-de-clue // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM

loving marvs creativity. also anita will be overlooked but was effective in helping the rhythm of our play

• 2 nufc786 // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM

cisse… but gutierrez would be second worked his butt of again and i loved his runs

• 3 Newcastle Brown Alien // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

if wigan win sunderland go into the bottom 3, common wigan, sink the facist scum

• 4 Tommyy // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Can’t fault anyone today bar perhaps Simpson attacking but defensively he was solid. We absolutely battered them second half.
    Just need a bit more fluidity and flair with HBA back and we can start to play some football. Loved Pardew’s passion, we need to see more from him though, he needs to consistently get the results.

• 5 Cool Hand Luke // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Guti for me.

• 6 indian // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Repost

This is why Pardew is the right man for the job. He may not be the brightest,but he is so passionate! He will learn and get better, he will learn new tactics and overcome his short comings,why? Cuz he is passionate about it and cares. I’ll rather have pardew here,than a Laudrup who will just use the club for a couple of years and go away!

Amd after what pardew just did, if anyone on the blog wants him out, I must say I feel sad for them. He is the man for this job, he will get us success

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Struggled to pick one player tbh. Thought the team effort was great. Deserved to win this, even if it didn’t feel like it was going to come….

Come on Cisse!

• 8 toonbrother // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

only one papis cisse. Pardew for a change made nothing but great changes all day today apart from taking gouffran off. Such a relief HTL

• 9 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM

every single player for me was epic today even simpson hats of to Pardew if he keeps playing like this success will come our way in seasons to come.

• 10 toonbrother // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM

cross section of comments from toon fans today:

Cisse totally has to go. Missed the return to Marv. Missed the one on one with Schwarz. And now, missed that chance from the corner. **** off Cisse. You’re not needed anymore. We need a new first choice striker.

Cisse is useless….how can you not score from there?

C’mon Pards are you daft? Cisse is the one who should go.

Cisse. He has all the attributes of a brilliant footballer, all except an ability to read the game

Cisse you twat when will you ever pass to Marveaux???

Cisse just doesn’t have a footballing brain.

• 11 MosesNUFC // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I didn’t watcb the game, but can someone tell me if we played good football and didn’t play hoof ball? Hopefully if we did play good football, this 442 will be the key to our survival!

• 12 matias // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM

1. Gutierrez 2. Marveaux 3. Yanga-Mbiwa

Jonas made us look much more secure at the back and did some epic runs with nice final balls. Marveaux was at his Arfasque best and Y-M seemed looked very calm.

• 13 matt11_25 // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Cisse was dreadful for 90 minutes today but bloody hell he likes to be dramatic. Marveux made great runs today my motm for sure could of had a couple of tap-ins, tho the two CBs n Guti (looked like his old self) played well today. And of course yohan was class.

• 14 toonbrother // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM

@moses we played very well today. Hardly any hoof ball at all. Cisse was lively and dangerous throughout. thoroughly deserved his (excellently taken goal), Marveaux was majestic and Cabaye is just a gorgeous player. The layoff to gouffran which almost resulted in the first goal was simply sublime. Great performance all round

• 15 peaco1980 // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Marveaux by a country mile. I have to say, I thought Anita looked good today too. Yes; Cisse scored the winner, but his conversion is pretty poor. He should have had a bag-full today, and the misses and poor decisions could have cost us dearly.

I’m Pleased for Alan Pardew, as it is a small step away from relegation. I don’t think he’s the right man to take us forward, but with another couple of results like today’s (hopefully) the board will be able to replace him with some dignity.

• 16 francesco-hba // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Gutierrez!! he ‘s had a very good match today as a LB

Cissé miss a lot , and was unlucky, but he offers the 3 points (very important). FOOTBALL IS MAGIC, I screamed in my little french home, i never been in newcastle, but i was happy like you were at the same minute my bro’!! and i lose my voice with this 90th ‘goal.
    I can’t vote Cissé because he had to score earlier today. But thank you Papiss

anyway, Marveaux could have been my 1st choice, but i think Jonas has a very poor season and i never vote for him, but today it will be him.

With Santon and Haidara out, and with the return of our Messi (hatem!!) , i would set Jonas as LB, and Benny as a left or right side

Pardew makes me laugh with his celebration, fantastic!!

bye my english brothers

• 17 peaco1980 // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM

In my humble opinion Krul kept us in the game today as well with a couple of world class saves. His saves were equally as important as Cisse’s goal.

• 18 toonincheek // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Just voted for Tim.
    Not like Fulham had many chances, but
    He kept us in it with a couple of great saves.

• 19 geordiemark // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I voted marv but really all of them

• 20 Oleg G // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Marv was the best. Sharp, fast, creative, trying(!!!)
    Cisse after him, also trying a lot but didn’t give the ball to Marv (twice!, first and second half) and we should’ve been 2-0 after those two. But he gave his all I guess, ran, defended, pressured.
    After that Krul and Saylor. Krul with an amazing save, and Saylor just all over, attacking, defending, entertaining even :)

• 21 markp // Apr 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Yanga-Mbiwa. He was solid all game and kept Berbatov, their only dangerman, in his pocket.

• 22 Owldman // Apr 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM

@5 Couldn’t agree more Guti for me controlled the left side practicaly on his own after Santon went off but cant argue with those who choose Marveux he actualy played better than Cabye who looked half paced in the second half

previous post: Perch Out – Yoan Gouffran In For Fulham