Ben Arfa – I Want To Stay At Newcastle – It’s A Great Club

Ben Arfa returned to the Newcastle first team on Thursday night, when he came on to a tremendous ovation from the St. James’ Park crowd.

papiss cisse and ben arfa afetr goal

Hatem Ben Arfa in action on Thursday night

Ben Arfa has been struggling with a hamstring problem since last November, but it seems like his hamstring is now fixed – at last.

And Ben Arfa has talked to the local press, and says his heart was beating very fast when he was introduced on Thursday night to a tremendous ovation:

“The crowd were cheering really loudly when I came on and my heart was beating very fast,” “It is great to get a reception like that. I could hear them shouting my name and that made me very happy.”

“I want to stay here. Me and my agent have not talked about leaving. I am focused on Newcastle and 100 per cent Newcastle. “”Everything is here. It is a great club. We have a great squad, big ground and great fans.”

There has been continuing news that Liverpool want Ben Arfa in exchange for Andy Carroll in the summer, and while that would be a good deal for Liverpool, it certainly wouldn’t be a good one for Newcastle.

Hatem Ben Arfa has played only 16 times with three goals and four assists this season, and that’s not much considering Newcastle have played around 48 games so far in this busy season.

But Alan Pardew has said Ben Arfa will be involved in the game against Sunderland on Sunday, but that he is not ready to start the game.

But Ben Arfa could be a big factor in helping Newcastle climb the league table over the final six games of the season.

That’s what we want to see and there’s no doubt that Ben Arfa has become an icon at Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Toon Tang

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM

nylon is a joint effort between new york and london

ny = new york , lon = london . im dropping them knowledge nuggats tonight brethren

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Good to hear from the lad. My favourite NUFC player

• Novocastrian66

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Repost: Luke Edwards used to be the Sunderland reporter for a local rag. Now he is the North East football reporter for the Telegraph. Here is his look am at some “historical” derby fixtures.
    Anyone without any knowledge of these fixtures would think Sunderland had the upper hand on our meetings. He basically picks out most of Sunderland’s recent victories in the last 30 years. He manages to squeeze one Newcastle win.
    His prediction for Sunday? 2-2. Hardly balanced journalism. Mackem prick.

• AwToonnufc

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I’m getting sick of the papers saying that there is a swap deal for Carroll and Ben arfa. They can’t expect anyone to believe that newcastle would be stupid enough to even consider it. I’ve said it for ages now, we should stay well clear of Carroll, we’ve got our 35 mil, Liverpool have made them selves a laughing stock. How could you wish for more? Going anywhere near him now will only lead to us looking stupid, Liverpool know he is shit which is exactly why there trying to get rid of him. Even west ham don’t want him!
    Ben arfa is our best player in my opinion. Even if he went for 25-30 mil I would be gutted, we’d not get another player like him even for that much.

• Jayden

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Novo – They’re memorable because all the other results are Toon wins!

• jimmysmith

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Benny’s the shit, lardarse or otherwise, but let’s be honest, the Benfica defending to let him in for our equalizer was as pathetic as anything I’ve seen at this level.

Fortunately, we’re up against the hapless stiffs next, so lightning may well strike twice.

• Graeme

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Of course its a great club – its OUR club and has been for more years than I have been alive.

It was my Grandfathers club, then my Fathers club, then it became my club and now its my Son’s club. Its NUFC, the sum is greater than the individual parts, but its always the FANS club and always will be!!

• Anth

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Benny is the dogs bollocks, by far the most gifted player we have had since Beardsley. I would rather lose any other player than him.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Because of the very nature of this game on sunday we need to be careful of getting half of our star players injured in this fixture alone?

The players will need to keep a cool head, despite the bad tackles from the opposition which wi inevitably come?
    Lets give a good account of ourselves and beat them convincingly with good football and no stupid controversial Yellow or Red cards !

We are Head and Shoulders way Way better than them despite what Di Canio or their Yank owner says ?

I believe we can beat them any day of the week just with playing good footbal which we are well capable of if they were watching the second half on thursday evening?

I do worry about Benny coming on again and being crocked for a second time by an over-zealous Scumbag though?

4-1 to us ? Believe !

• Owldman

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Lets do what we did against Benfica bring him & Marveux on second half after all hes been out so long he needs time , any mention of Tiote?

• Patoon

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

owldman

we need 2 start marveaux, bring benny on second half, starting marveaux take the pressure off cabaye to create sumthing, my team 2 start 2moro would b

Krul
    Debuchy Yanga Mbiwa Saylor Haidara
    Cabaye Tiote sissoko
    Gouffran/Jonas Cisse Marveaux

cant c why we keep starting sissoko up front, he’s a defensive midfielder, play him ther and giv cabaye more of a chance to push forward, Haidara is more defensive than santon, Jonas possibly starting to cover Debuchy when he gets forward