The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ben Arfa – No Ill Effects After Benfica – He’s An X-Factor Player

5:33 pm, Friday, April 12th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 178 Comments

Some really good news today from Alan Pardew, that Ben Arfa has had no ill effects from his hamstring after making a substitute appearance last night,  and setting up Newcastle’s goal when he dispossessed a Benfica player in the penalty box.

ben arfa in action against Benfica

Ben Arfa in action last night – he will not start tomorrow

Ben Arfa is the type of player that Newcastle fans simply love, and you could see (hear?) that last night with the welcome he received from the crowd when he was brought on after 62 minutes –  a tremendous roar.

There could be a number of players back tomorrow including Steven Taylor, Mathieu Debuchy and Cheick Tiote,  but Alan Pardew was giving nothing away today in his press conference for tomorrow’s Sunderland game – other than to say Newcastle will field a strong side. .

This is what some of what Alan Pardew had to say:

“We’ll have to wait and see – I’m not really going to give any news about my injuries and who’s fit and who isn’t available.” “But we’ll have a strong team.”

“Hatem’s an X factor player, there’s no doubt about that.” “He won’t start tomorrow, he’s not ready to start, but any impact at any time he’s there and any time after half time I’ll be looking at him.”

“He seems to have come through yesterday with no ill effects. He’s not that stiff, which we thought maybe he would be because it was a little bit longer than we planned for him to play.”

“But he certainly lifted the crowd and lifted the team. He’s got fantastic ability and we’re very lucky to have him.”

Benfica drew Turkish side Fenerbahce today in the Europa League draw,  and Chelsea are up against Basel – and maybe it’s a second European title for Chelsea in successive years?

And yes Real Madrid drew Barcelona – what a tie that will be – and the final will be between a Spanish side and a German side – either Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund.

Alan also said he thought Newcastle had done themselves a lot of good in Europe by the way they had played, and also the immaculate way in which the Geordie fans conducted themselves at the games – both home and away.

Alan also mentioned how Benfica has shown how they were a class act, by laying flowers at the Bobby Robson statue at St. James’ Park – that was a tremendous gesture by the Portuguese side last night and all credit to them.

Bobby managed both Sporting Lisbon and Porto, so he was loved and admired in Portugal – as he is around the world.

And Alan Prtdew has been simply amazed at the full houses Newcastle have been able to draw in the last several home games – because as Alan said this afternoon, it’s not like we’ve had a great season in the league, like we did last year.

We just have to hope European competition isn’t too far away for Newcastle in the future – maybe the season after next – hopefully. :D

Note – today we are trying to help one of our readers, Bagus Asmanu – who is studying at INTO Manchester – in partnership with Manchester University – and Bagus is completing a dissertation – and some of the work is on the Wonga deal with Newcastle United – and he wants as many Newcastle supporters as possible to complete his questionnaire. Here it is - please help Bagus.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Europa League · European Competition · Newcastle News · Premier League

178 responses so far ↓

• 1 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Glad to see one of my buds met Steve Harper and Rob Elliott yesterday and got a autograph.

Glad to see are ”flair” player is back no offence to the other lads on the team but everytime this lad touches the ball he looks like he is gona create something.

• 2 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Ruddy …if we do finish in the top 10 I think most will be happy!

…there will the few bad apples who will still complain about about MA and what could have been. Most I think will move on a look to next season :) (at least I will)

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM

*be

• 4 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:41 PM

@Jesper If you had said to me before the season began would you take top 10 I would have said hell no we want top 4 but given the circumstances are league position and the injury list most fans just wan’t this horrible season over to look forward to next season so yea I would take top 10.

• 5 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:41 PM

*Show-offs :D lol

• 6 Ashton // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Pardew is confused we aren’t playing tomorrow. Someone should tell him.

• 7 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Jesper

A good Europa League campaign and top 10 finish (especially if we play good football) surely must be seen as a relative successful end to the season?

Well those who think of what could have been have some merit, but there is little point regretting what could have been.

If Pardew can pull it off and get the players he needs then I’ll be confident enough for next season.

• 8 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Kevy…yeah! I think we just need to savor what we can and look to next season. A 10 top would be a great achievement under the circumstances!

…it has been a rotten season in terms of everything :(

• 9 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM

* top 10 finish :)

Ruddy…total agree (think I said everything had been rotten this season so far, but the EL campaign has been great) :)

• 10 Rotonda heights // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Betty swallocks

Not Pardew’s biggest fan but he almost played it perfectly last night. I know we had to go for it but the last 20 mins were like the very best KK days!!

Pure theatre and a joy to watch even though the inevitable heartbreak and glorious failure are still NUFC’s calling cards.

Only very minor criticism was why did Bigi start and Anita could have gone RB when we made the late changes but the cruelty of the near misses and disallowed goals were hard to take. Plus what a time for Cabaye to have his worst game. Yes 2 stupid errors in Lisbon but lady luck was not our friend in both legs.

Great to see Haidara back and looking good. Even better seeing Benny back . He and Marveaux are something else. Just hope Pardew will play both together again in future, though Benny needs to shift some timber!!

Don’t know how to feel today. In parts it felt like the good old days in the second half, but I’m going to really miss Europe next season having come this far this time round.

Don’t want Carrol back as then the last fabulous 20 mins of superb pass and move, attacking football played to feet will be a thing of the past. Maybe it will be for a while now anyway if Pards reverts to defensive mode as per.

• 11 Sir Erec // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Absolutely love this player to bits.

Watching his interview after the match last night you could see the passion he has for football and for this club.

Following his career in the game, this is the happiest I’ve seen him and the most in love with the game he has been in a long time.

With the absolute roar he got from the crowd I think he truly feels appreciated and wanted here, and I can’t see him having a reason to leave in the near future.

like kevymartins said, every time he touches the ball you get lifted off of your seat.

he truly is a magical player and one I hope stays at the toon till he retires

• 12 JackButler // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Can Pardew find a way to fit both Marv and HBA into the same starting 11????????

I truly hope so……………….but seriously doubt it!!!!!

• 13 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM

JB…they did look good together last night didn’t they :)

• 14 do the hatem shake // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:54 PM

JackButler
    defense
    ………….sissoko……………cabaye.

ben arfa……….marveux……gouffran
    ………………………cisse…………………

• 15 Graeme // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM

As long as we go into the last game, at least 4 points above the drop zone, I for one will be happy.

We can write this season off, except for the amazing European run, as a disaster, caused by ridiculous amounts of injury, a failure to strengthen last summer etc. etc

We brought in some fabulous players in January who have all impressed and we now have the basis of a damn good team. With 2 or 3 good “Purple” signings in the summer; a good “Pre-season” and we should be looking to challenge for European footy for 14/15 season.

We should also be looking to attack the FA Cup as its also a European place on offer.

Lets get the scum from down the road sorted first, just to keep them in their place and we can look forward to a much better season next year, bring it on.

• 16 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Jesper,

Glad to see your four-month hissy fit is assuaged, and amused you think yourself now safe to point a finger at the “bad apples.”
    Surely it’s better to sound a warning voice in the good times if you see clouds looming, and get completely behind the club foursqaure when the storm breaks?
    Rather than the other way round?

• 17 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM

BandB

Somewhat antagonistic comment there, not exactly necessary is it?

• 18 JackButler // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:00 PM

@jesper

Hahaha they did mate, just hope Pardew doesn’t revert to type in being overly defensive and we finally see some freedom to our play

• 19 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:02 PM

BandB

How much for a room? Do you’s serve nice orange juice in the morning ;)

• 20 outsidethebox // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM

ed …not sure where you get info from but barca didn,t draw real ..so an all spanish or an all german final could still be on

• 21 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Jack

Well for 20mins at least Pards shown that he has a willingness to attack, we were very attacking in the second half against Fulham and could have won 3/4-0 so I think Pards isn’t as defensive as some make him out to be.

And if he can compliment Marv and HBA in the same team without sacrificing defensive tracking then I think he will play them both, more hope than expectation though haha

• 22 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Ruddy,

“Bad apples” was an antagonistic comment. And one, I feel, where he needs to examine his own statements. I have been consistent I hope. I am not being aggressive, and I hope you won’t make another bid for leadership again of the board so soon.

• 23 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Kevy,

I don’t understand. Are you trying to be funny?

• 24 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:08 PM

BandB

There you go again with your barbed jibes “leadership of the board”.

Hardly apt given my absence from this blog for months now is it? Don’t let facts get in the way of your subtle insults though.

• 25 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:09 PM

BandB Does your milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard?

Lol I’m just messing with you mate.

• 26 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Kevin

Once more, totally incapable of commenting without being inappropriate or grossly offensive.

• 27 outsidethebox // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:12 PM

really impressed with hairdrier last night(carrs done it again ) feel happy with gk,s , fbacks,and midfield just a left footed centre back and a striker for next term …please mr carr..

• 28 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Ruddy,

Thanks for the support. I welcomed you back. First, I think. And I meant it. I don’t want to get into points scoring again.

Kevy

I feel groped. Is that what you intended? ;)

• 29 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:15 PM

@Ruddy inappropriate? I was messing around with him and it’s none off your business…Go try claim the throne through someone else…Don’t even bother commenting about my english it’s just getting old …An why try pick on the guys with the bad english as if your some sort of freak abit of ocd going on there haha

• 30 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:16 PM

BandB

It wouldn’t be the blog if I wasn’t getting into scraps of some sort :P didn’t like your comments, and I am not backwards in coming forwards and I say what I feel. It’s the reason people have issues with me but I won’t be changing any time soon :)

There will be no hindering honest, reasoned debate though so petty point scoring is on neither of our agenda’s I feel.

• 31 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM

And BandB I was messing around as in your name is BandB …Bed and Breakfast …Lol i’m pritty sure you are not offended

• 32 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Kevin

Who mentioned your English? Think you’re highlighting you’re own insecurities there lad.

• 33 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Ha, and here I am thinking he knew she was a woman.

• 34 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Kevy

It’s fine. Honest mistake. I’m a happy Mag looking forward to Sunday, and nowt could spoil it x

• 35 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM

@Ruddy that’s funny considering everytime you have written a comment aimed at me there has been something said about bad english

Don’t even sweat it. I actually feel sorry for you they way you come on here and comment the way you do you must have a pritty restricted life…As they say live a little man

• 36 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Right back to football.

Do we feel Pards has balanced the players in the squad to give the Unwashed a good trimming?

Will HBA or Marv start? Or both?

Has Haidara shown enough to be considered pushing Santon for the LB spot?

And finally, predictions?

• 37 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:23 PM

BandB…do you want a reply or was that just a way to satisfy your own ego?

…four-month hissy fit! you gotta be kidding me!

• 38 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I’m kidding you

• 39 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Get a feeling my presence isn’t needed here for some reason…

Ruddy….I imagine Marv will be starting, but Benny on the bench (based on Pardews comments of today – On Benny, Marv is an assumption).

Haidara is really impressing. Whilst I really like Santon, it can certainly be argued that this young lad is perhaps the more complete player – or at least a better defender :)

3-0 and yes, I’d consider that a pretty decent trimming ;)

• 40 OhSholaAmeobi // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I got confused there, the game isn’t tomorrow!

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Ibiza…your presence is always needed!

…ready for the weekend or is it all work?

• 42 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Kevin

Scroll up there lad. You quote me exactly where I mentioned anything to do with your English, spelling, grammar or punctuation?

I assure you that you will not find a single reference at all.

The “inappropriate comment” was the milkshake comment referred to BandB, but that was due to the fact that I thought you knew she was a woman, you clearly did not so I retract that statement.

As for your other pathetically constructed insults, they don’t come close to offending me, you only offend people by accident with your magnificent political incorrectness.

• 43 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Ruddy,

Pardew reckons HBA will get all or part of the second half, while refusing to comment on who’s fit and who isn’t.
    I think Haidiara is the better LB, though it’s good there is genuine competition for that spot, with Guti and even Anita in the mix . I’d like to see a few others in the position of thinking they were under pressure for their place.

• 44 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM

BandB…sorry but that joke went over my head!

• 45 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Jesper…Have a day in the office tomorrow and a check-out on Sunday, but shouldn’t be too stressful…I hope. Sadly it looks like the check-out will coincide with the Sunderland game…so basically it shouldn’t be that stressful at all :)

How about you?

• 46 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Ibiza

I’d imagine Marv would start too, would love too see HBA start as that would put the wind up the Unwashed, no Gardner, no Cattermole, no Fletcher and their pi$$ poor defence should be no match for them.

Haidara is looking like a seriously good player both offensively and defensively, I’ve had my doubts about Santon for a while and Haidara is reinforcing these views.

3-0? Easy ;)

• 47 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I know I just got here, but I feel a group hug moment coming on?

• 48 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Ibiza,

I caused a spat I didn’t want. Take over with Ruddy, who wants to chat about football. I’m sloping off. Though not necessarily with my tail between my legs.
    Ruddy, thanks again.

• 49 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Ibiza…what are you checking out ;)

…I am ready for the weekend and need some resting time (you’ll need that as well when you are my age lol)

*You cannot miss the derby mate! It’s a most.

• 50 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Ruddy…My thinking is that whilst Benny would absolutely kill them given a start, we probably will anyway, so why risk him for the 90 minutes? Give him a good run out in the 2nd half and build up some match fitness and then we can unleash him against some upcoming teams where perhaps he’s needed a little more…plus given his time out I like the idea of easing him in, if we can.

Let’s all just take a second to reflect on how poor our opposition is this weekend…cocky? Me? What on Earth do you mean? :)

BandB…Whilst we didn’t pull it off last night, did you pop that champagne? Personally thought we gave it a real decent go and was proud of the lads, how about you?

• 51 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Ok ruddy I was unaware that BandB was a woman but anyway …

• 52 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM

BandB

Think you’re spot on there, I think a lot of Tiote’s problems at the early part of the season was due to the serious lack of competition in CM, especially when Cabaye was out injured, it’s no surprise that in his performances since returning from the ACON have been much, much improved, his passing seems sharper, he’s hungrier for the ball and seems on his toes.

If Cisse felt the same pressure I feel we’d see the same upturn in performances (even though in terms of work rate and goal scoring lately has been very good)

Santon will be seriously watching over his shoulder as Massadio is proving himself capable of taking LB from the off next season.

• 53 Blaydon-Toon // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Well lads and apparently lasses …. I enjoyed the game last night was great to see HBA back as he has been sorely missed ! Marv is starting to impress me more and more the fitter he gets ! A midfield with Cabs Sissoko Tiote Marv and HBA is mouth watering and has a. It of everything speed flair muscle vision power look out Mackem we are. I ing to get ya !

• 54 TorqToon // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM

What do I have to do to get crowned ‘King of the blog’???

Always felt I suited a crown and big stick with a ball on!!! ;-)

• 55 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM

BandB

Perhaps it was I who jumped the gun a bit, you were only joking with Jesper, so I shouldn’t have waded in, sorry.

Kevy

See, we can get along? Well perhaps not as I disagree with nearly everything you say.

• 56 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Jesper…Myself in the mirror, of course ;) Some clients out of one of the houses…smart *ss.

I’ll see what I can do…actually, there is internet at the house, so maybe just take my laptop.

• 57 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Torq…king you say!

…well the big stick with a ball or two should be obtainable ;)

• 58 bollance // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Ibiza

Santon being out for a month does not seem so bad anymore now we have Haidara. But also Guti can hold his own at LB.

How many fullbacks do we have at the club! Next season we will have,

Santon
    Haidara
    Taylor
    MYM
    Anita
    Perch
    Guti
    Gosling (well he is not a midfielder)
    Fergi
    Tav

Too many fullbacks so take your pick as they will not all be at the club next season..

• 59 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM

TorqToon

I think WWYCD would have a lot to say about that :P

• 60 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM

@TorqToon basically try bully people

But me on the other hand I’m street wise and not in the kfc sort off way ;)

I have certain nemesis that I could easily say I’ catch you on the rebound homie as in Il see you soon and I won’t be so friendly then thats not a threat its a promise but hey this is a football blog but if you go to come onto a blog and there is a certain person trying to embarrass you constantly it might just come to that.

• 61 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Torq…Would you settle for King of the ITK’s? Not sure you want to be jumping in to the King of the Blog war, plus it’s WWYCD – that was settled a while ago :)

• 62 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Ibiza… :D

…well that won’t be the first time that has happen! I gotta participate in a day in your life. I swear it like “Million Dollar Listing” all over lol

• 63 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Bollance

Can see Fergie being given yet another loan spell, and can see Tav loaned out too.

Gosling’s days are numbered at the club, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t sold/loaned to a Championship club next season as not many Prem teams would look at him.

• 64 bollance // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Torq

Suggestion of an 8 year deal has gone to your head. Like the 1D boys the contact has been pulled.

Did anyone see the video?

• 65 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Bollance…Man, we have too many players :)

I call for a major selling spree…Sports Direct style – “Available at SJP, whilst stock lasts – Get your full-backs here”

• 66 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Kevin

Seriously? You’re threatening me? You are aware that that’s a criminal offence right?

I don’t embarrass you, you embarrass yourself :)

• 67 JP...from The Rock // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM

SORRY FOR BEING THE GRAMMAR POLICE BUT ‘OUR’ IS NOT SPELT ‘ ARE’ FFS!!!!!!!

It’s amazing how everyone does that!

Now back to football- HBA is by far my favourite Newcastle player. He is our x-factor alright, but why should we settle with him being the only one in our team? We should sign Mertens that is of a similar mold as sadly HBA is an injury prone player and we need more of his type on the field to cover injuries.

• 68 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:46 PM

@Ruddy See you monday lad.

• 69 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Jesper…Still haven’t seen that, not sure I want to tbh. Certainly getting in to community though.

• 70 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

*If I have any grammar mistakes then I am excused since I am not English :) lol

…try spelling in Danish!

• 71 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM

JP From the Rock

Careful now, we got “Gangsta Kevin” on the scene, he’ll drop your @ss, that’s not a threat, it’s a promise :P

If we signed Dries Mertens I would be trembling with anticipation and salivating at the thought of our attacking line up next season

• 72 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Isn’t it “see you next tuesday” or have I missed something?

• 73 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Ibiza…you wouldn’t trust me!

…I am so glad you enjoy Community (you do have good taste in movies and music :))

• 74 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Kevin

Make sure you bring Jerry Adams and the rest of Sin Fein…

I’ve an advantage, I’ll know when you’re coming, the sound of your knuckles scrapping the pavement will give you away.

• 75 bollance // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Ruddy

Arguably the gap between the first team and the development squad is widening, meaning it is harder for the players to come through. There does, however seem to be a lot of 16-17 year olds coming through in Ligue1 which we should be following.

• 76 TorqToon // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Ah so Yo is king of the blog?! Never realised. I will now address him as ‘Your majesty’ ! Ha

I suppose king of the ITK’s is a good alternative. :-)

There are always people on here who’s opinion differs and some who clearly don’t support the team, or indeed the ethos and togetherness of the blog. I’ve no issues with anybody of a different opinion to myself, as long as its intelligently backed up, and not needless and unjustified criticism.

Had my fair share of abuse thrown at me…always during transfer Windows funnily enough, but the bloggers I respect and value are why I love this place as much as I do!

Can I get in on that group hug, Ibiza?? :-)

• 77 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Expect the unexpected btw If your faggot ass big brother has anything to say he will get slapped with a Big mac ;)

• 78 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Jesper…Naturally :)

• 79 JAMSHA // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM

“Hatem’s an X factor player, there’s no
    doubt about that.” “He won’t start
    tomorrow, he’s not ready to start, but
    any impact at any time he’s there and
    any time after half time I’ll be looking at
    him.”

Is It Sunday Tomoro or Sat?

• 80 JP...from The Rock // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Ruddy and Jesper – LOL – no mate it’s the English doing it! That’s what bugs me! Foreigners are excused for that. :)

Kevin is it true you might wanna put a cap on my white ass now? lol

• 81 beddersmag // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I cant let myself get too attached to benny. Hes amazing but just cant see him being here long. Hes too good. Only a matter of time before he moves to one of the euro elite eg man utd, madrid etc. On that basis, and for an additonal 10m id swop him for carroll and have a proper target man option. I know im going to get grief for this and its my head talking not my heart, but we could get a decade of service out of big andy. You guys really think hba’s here long term?

• 82 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Well Bollance, as the old saying goes, if you’re good enough you’re old enough. The sad truth is that a lot of our youngsters simply aren’t good enough.

The Swiss highly rate Kevin Mbabu, Curtis Good done well on load to Bradford, Dummett and Newton are performing in St Mirren, Fergie is excelling at Birmingham so perhaps our younger players aren’t too bad but it remains to be seen whether they can make the step up.

• 83 JP...from The Rock // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

oh sorry I think I said it wrong it’s; “bust a cap in my ass!” – yeah that’s gotta be it, it sounds cool :)

• 84 TorqToon // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Bollance – You can’t take my contract away from me!!! That’s my livelihood!!

Wait…do I get an oversized pay off and a ‘pay as you play’ deal instead? Haha

• 85 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Kevin

Seriously, please for the good of everyone else’s IQ. SHut up.

• 86 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Torq…Of course, I mean no one else has taken me up on the offer, but I can always use a cuddle…it get’s a little lonely on this fence at times :)

If you want to stop the abuse, then stop telling lies about transfers that usually come true! ;)

Kevy…Come on now, there is no need to bring Big Macs into this – they’ve done nothing wrong. Shall we stop with the over the top insults and use of words that really don’t belong in a place like this? Banter is one thing, this is another.

• 87 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Woops *Shut :P

• 88 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM

@JP I have no problem with anyone on here except for 1 person who lives very close to me.

• 89 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Ibiza

Kevin is a West Belfast gangster…not that that counts for much these days, he’s genuinely threatening me which I find hilarious

• 90 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Ruddy…No whoops needed. I always find extra emphasis on the “h” has a dramatic effect.

S…Hut! It’s authoritative.

• 91 The Bishop // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM

The one silver lining with Hatem’s injuries is that surely no other club will dare to make a big-money gamble on him. Hopefully he’ll be fit next season and help us push into the top six where he could be convinced to sign a new contract as a result.

• 92 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Ruddy…yeah! I think it might be a case of sending the youngsters out on loan once again.

…but we do tend to build the youngsters up on tyne-side!

• 93 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM

For the record, my inclusion of the letter h in my whoops was not intended to say you’re spelling was incorrect…not wanting to start some form of spelling smack down here :)

• 94 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Anyway go ahead and get back to your footy chat…See you’s later ;)

• 95 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Ibiza

You know how much I like being authoritative ;)

Kevin

Seriously, though, keep this up and you’ll be reported to Ed, keep it up further and you’ll be reported to the police, so wind your neck in eh?

• 96 TorqToon // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Kev – Howay man. Leave all that now. It’s unnecessary mate and playground stuff.

The dream would be to have marv and Benny on either side of the park, unlocking defences, but not sure it will be practical.

In other news, got my chloroform and Brown sack ready as I’m pitchside at St. Etienne’s away fixture at Valenciennes tonight, and I’m not leaving without Zouma and the PEA with me! Ha

• 97 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Bishop…I have tried to convince myself of that silver lining too, I do always come a little unstuck though when I realise it’s all well and good no one else getting him, but neither do we :)

I hope he can get a near full season next year, he really can provide the difference and every team needs one or two of those types.

• 98 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Torq…Good man!

• 99 WWYCD // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:03 PM

King of the blog banter again? Didnt we get past this? It wont turn to a Game of Thrones battle if u want the title Torq seriously it wont!

Now wants everyone fighting about now?

• 100 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM

WWYCD

Hey! Don’t I have a say in this! :P

• 101 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Torq…Don’t fool for it, it’s a trick. The second you go for the throne you’ll be history. Think Cabaye pushing over a ball boy, but much much worse.

• 102 WWYCD // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

It’s like having my own personal guard that I just can’t escape

• 103 TorqToon // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Yo – I will remain a meer minion, sir.

Like a quiet life! Haha

Ibiza – I will try to stop the “lies that come true”!
    Maybe I’ll tell lies that will NEVER happen instead?! Haha

• 104 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Yo…I swore to protect your honour, there is no escape. All hail King Yo, etc etc.

• 105 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Torq…Hmmm…not sure I like the sound of that to be completely honest. Shall we just leave things as they are where you give us what generally is top notch info? Yeah, that sounds better :)

Are they playing tonight then?

• 106 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I like football and I like talking about it, and the people I used to love talking about it too aren’t here as often as they used to be.
    So it’s nice to talk to you.
    Kevy made those remarks without knowing, and he doesn’t need to apologise. But I’ve seen enough of lads threatening each other, and I don’t want that on my account. I thought it was very nice of Ruddy to jump in for me, as he doesn’t owe me it. I thanked him for being generous to me, not for protecting me. If I cause this kind of thing to happen, I will go.

• 107 WWYCD // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Torq
    Quiet life? Id avoid coming on here then mate

Ibiza
    Haha I recall no such pledge but I appreciate it all the same.

• 108 TorqToon // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Yeah I suppose we can leave things well alone.

Yes, sir. Playing shortly. Evening off and watching a game of football between 2 sides with excellent individual players of quality.

Although I’m going for a saints win, and a few more euros added to the PEA’s valuation. Damn him!! :-)

• 109 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:18 PM

BandB

The spat between myself and I may have indirectly started over a comment he made to you, but we’ve had issues with each other spanning over a year.

He’s a bottom feeder who makes racist, sexist, inappropriate comments, as well as threatening behaviour.

This seriously wasn’t your fault so don’t worry. You’re one of the more insightful people here, if you leave then that will be a victory for idiocy.

Don’t let that happen please.

• 110 jimmysmith // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Interesting that Campbell is the one youngster to ultimately emerge this season, although he is far from having seized his chance as yet.

Of all of them I think only Campbell and Sammy have a real shot and they remain long ones.

The “heavy shirt” and size of leap from the reserves makes bringing on the kids a bit fanciful at this stage.

Can only see it becoming harder for them in the short term as the first team appears on an upward trajectory but this needs addressing or we’ll be supporting a team with no local lads which would be a little sad.

• 111 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM

@BandB Don’t this has been going on for a very long time between me and ruddy and I figured out who he was a few months back by his personality alone …The question is what is the point in tryna make a fool out of somone that you considered you as a friend?

Anyway you did cause nothing here so on all accounts do not leave over this lol

• 112 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Kevy

Like I said before, I didn’t make a fool out of you…shine that particular light elsewhere.

• 113 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Ruddy….”The spat between myself and I?” ;) lol

• 114 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM

This is my last comment then i’m off…Ruddy if you don’t want to see me on monday then I suggest you apologize..You know how to contact me i’m usually on it 24/7 if not il see you then.

• 115 WWYCD // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM

jimmy
    Campbell and Sammy only ones u can see making it? Id say Bigi’s the only one who’ll become a first team player for us going by this seasons performances. Campbell, Sammy and Ferguson squad depth maybe

• 116 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Jesper

Hahah didn’t even notice that! lol

• 117 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Kevin

I await to see what you’ll do Kevin. In the mean time I’m reporting your comments to both Ed and the police

Have a nice weekend :)

• 118 WWYCD // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Rather threatening behavior being branded about on here tonight isnt there

• 119 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I learned what little I know about football from watching my kids excoriate and mock each other over football. Some of it was very cruel. But it was play-fighting, and ran off some steam, so they didn’t kick seven shades out of each other about everything else. And now, it’s the only thing that inspires them to hug each other in happiness and shared experience. Which is what they did last night. It’s okay, football is.

• 120 BandB // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I feel really bad about that.

• 121 jimmysmith // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Yeah, but Bigi came in from elsewhere ready to play, he’s a gem more in the Haidarra, Santon category.

I’m thinking of players coming through the ranks.

• 122 WWYCD // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM

jimmy
    Ah right sorry mate thought it was about young players in general rather than ones coming through the ranks

I still reckon Ferguson could have something to offer and maybe Inman though I have no idea how he is rated within the club hes just been impressive when I have seen the under21s play

• 123 DokToon // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:40 PM

umm hello all, sees i missed nothing at all… :(

ruddy @ 109, i agree, wholeheartedly with you….

this place is about love of the toon, not about personal arguments…

enough on that, tough way to go out, but im proud of the lads, nice run imo…

now about those mackems… hope we beat the snot out of them…

• 124 Rotonda heights // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM

why do we need a big target man? The best teams don’t play with them any more. Good teams are more fluid and pass and move.

• 125 Bawbagstu // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Ben arfa was an inspiration last night from the moment he came on. He lifted the crowd and the team in general i though Marveaux was full of running as well and hoping that Pardew puts out the strongest side on sunday and goes for the throats of the great unwashed as i do not think Sunderland have the players to live with ours on our day. Hopefully Ben arfa and will inspire us even from a bench appearence. Hopefully Cabeye will be on his game on sunday as he seemed out of sorts and tired last night and most of the game passed him by. Come on the lads. On another note Ed i have been an avid reader of this blog for over a year now and keep up the good work this site is my source of all my Nufc news day to day.

• 126 Rotonda heights // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I don’t know why Bigi started. If ever there was a game to play pace (Obertan / Campbell) against their high line that was it.

• 127 jimmysmith // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Yeah Inman I like too, he seems to have the physical presence and skill, he’s an Aussie. Any young talent, but particularly Geordie talent you’d hope the club would back to the hilt, but really my point is it’s a long shot getting longer.

Although the next Geordie superstar is overdue if Carroll isn’t gonna kick on.
    It’s just a matter of who and when the Gods smile down on him.

• 128 Rotonda heights // Apr 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM

4-3-3

Krul

Debuchy Saylor MiBiwa Haidara

Sissoko Cabaye Marveaux

Benny Cisse Goofy

• 129 DxK // Apr 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM

REPOST;
    Kevin Keegan was loved because he was so positive and always seemed upbeat.
    In recent years he seems to have lost that sparkle and just spends any interview time knocking Mike Ashley and Del boy!

I do sort of get where he’s coming from, still I think he should keep his powder dry. Some of the players we have now are really top notch.

If we sold;
    Gab Obertan – £2m
    Ryan Taylor – £1m
    Mike Williamson – £1.5m
    Dan Gosling – £1m
    Danny Simpson – Free
    Steve Harper – Free
    Fab Coloccini – £5m

Then that would generate £10.5m and allow us to invest that towards some big guns.

Say that Andy Carroll came in for £12m, Sakho £5m, Nathan Redmond £4m and Douglas on a free along with Hadji-Ba (also free) then that would basically half the transfer fees are raised by outgoings and the squad looks stupendously good.

I’d still like Remy on top of that lot for £8m or whatever his release clause is if QPR go down. Imagine how great it would be to have Remy, Carroll, Cisse as the top three with Campbell coming through and big Shoals as the number 5 striker, pure back up for a year or two.

• 130 DxK // Apr 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Rotonda Heights – that’s exactly the team I’d like to see, although I think Jonas will start and HBA on the bench. I personally would go with your 11 though, that’s a hell of a lineup.

• 131 kevymartins // Apr 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM

@Ruddy sure you will…Are you a man or a mouse? I had no intention of going up to your school on monday just by the fact that the way you mock people I know its gona come back on you one day…You push someone into a corner and there gona go through you to get out…Did you honestly think I would go and beat you? ffs I wouldn’t even waste my time beat’n up a 17 year old kid all over him acting like a moron over the internet.

• 132 bills-son // Apr 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Imo Gouffran hasnt done anywhere near enough since he came back from injury to justify an automatic place in the side.

Marv should defo play on Sunday and if anyone has to make way for him its Goofy. Marv is starting to look a real player for us.

• 133 geordieracer1980 // Apr 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM

There was a link that kevymartins posted on here a few days ago and it was a link to his girlfriends Twitter account. I accessed his Twitter account through that and he comes across as one of the most odious individuals I’ve ever had the misfortune to encounter. He abused everyone, from the makers of FIFA, man utd fans and just about anyone else he spoke to. He seems incapable of communicating in a civil manner and I find his posts very offensive and I pity him for having such a low intellect. Pure scum and I’m ashamed he is associated with nufc.

I expect to hear about him on the news after he has been arrested for abusing someone online.

• 134 yo-yo // Apr 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Rotonda @ !0

Good to see you being won over and not just sticking to the same old like the dinosaurs on here. My views on AP picked up in the last two weeks too after a dubious patch. Good post

Rotonda @124

Quite right – we don’t ….but a mobile target man is still okay – Suarez in space with a 25 yd pass threaded between the FB and CB is a target just as much as AC’s head from a 40 yd long ball.

Have to say things are getting a bit out of hand on here if two Toon fans are squaring up in real life rather than just trading banter in cyberspace. Its not right. We’re not the unwashed.

• 135 yo-yo // Apr 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM

billson

How about Gouffy first half and Marv second ?
    Am a wee but doubtful about Marv over 90 mins, but in 45 he could do a lot of damage with Benny on too.

• 136 jimmysmith // Apr 12, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Marv is a wonderful player but lacks a physical edge. How many Marv type players can an EPL team play. You really do need players who go to war in the shirt. I think this is why Guti, Gouffran get the nod.

Can’t see HBA and Marv in the same 11 from the start for example.

• 137 bills-son // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Jinkyjim, Goofy did really well before his injury but he hasn’t been anywhere near as effective since. The big difference is he isn’t chasing back and getting involved in the play. I just wonder whether he thinks he is a fixture in the team now and doesn’t need to try as hard.

Marv’s best position imo is in the hole behind Cisse. We should imo push Sissoko back alongside Cabaye and that means Marv doesn’t have the defensive responsibility that he does out wide where lets face it he isn’t going to close down or track back.

Marv is a talent not far behind HBA.

• 138 eaststandgeordie1982 // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Bills thats where marv needs yo play his vision is the best at this club.
    From midfield.

Sissoko cabs
    HBA marv jonas/goofy
    Cisse

This team would rip alot of teams up.

• 139 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Did I read that right ED?
    Real Madrid vs Barcelona, and the final will have a Spanish and a German side?

• 140 jimmysmith // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Yes, Gouffran has gone off the boil and may have flattered to deceive.

I’d like to see Marv scrap more, as I believe Pards does. He has come on heaps in this area, but if he can impose himself even more physically for 90 minutes he would be a legit star.

I think Pardew has done a bit of work with Marveaux, but it’s still a work in progress, not unlike HBA in his earlier Toon incarnation.

• 141 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM

What do you lot think we will field against sunderland and what do u think we should field?

I think we should field

Krul
    Debuchy saylor m’biwa haidara
    Cabaye sissoko
    Ben arfa marv gouffran
    Cisse

I think we will field

Krul
    Simmo saylor m’biwa haidara
    Cabaye Anita
    Jonas sissoko gouffran
    Cisse

• 142 Toon Tang // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Leazes- your first team would rip scumderland limb from limb and leave st james’ looking like an abattoir hahaha

2nd is a little safer with jonas and anita in there, he will probs start like that and then finish with your first. bloodbath mate, absolute bloodbath

• 143 jimmysmith // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Krul
    Debuchy saylor m’biwa haidara
    Cabaye Tiote
    Jonas sissoko gouffran
    Cisse

With Benny, Marv and the Slayer introduced as the 2nd half unfolds in a glorious coup de gras.

• 144 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

@toontang

Ano It would be immense with marv Ben arfa gouffran and cisse running at bramble and the rest of their poor defence.

I would run down to pardew and shake his hand if I heard that team being announced like ;)

• 145 Toon Tang // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM

haha too right man, would scare the living daylights out of there ageing immobile rear guard. I reckon whichever team we field though will do a job, i just hope we dont do the old ‘sitting back and defend the 1 goal’ routine that never ever works. we can only hope eh

• 146 yo-yo // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I’m scenting mackem blood with some of these lineups :-)

• 147 BDin9 // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Those at the match last night. Lump in the throat when we all stood up and applauded the lads after Benfica scored.Best fans in the world.

• 148 Toon Tang // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM

yoyo that is indeed the scent of mackem blood mate. I can already see the vultures circling in anticipation.

• 149 t00ntime // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM

HBA is 100% sub.
    Marv/cabaye I think either one might start on the bench will, both were exhausted after fulham game and you could clearly see it was effecting cabaye against benfica.

A fully fit squad, this would be my line up:
    ——————-Krul—————–
    debuchy-mbiwa-Staylor-santon
    ————Cabaye-Sissoko——–
    HBA———-Marv———-Gouff
    —————–Cisse——————

My Squad for tomorrow bearing in mind injuries and fatigue.
    ——————–Krul—————
    Debuchy-mbiwa-Staylor-Haidara
    ————–Cabaye-Bigi———–
    ——Jonas—–Sissoko——Gouff
    ——————Cisse——————-

Dont know if tiote is fit, and I like bigi more than anita (clearly better vs benfica imo). Hba+marv can come on if needed, marv even at HT to replace jonas/sissoko/cabaye/bigi. I think we can do it with out pushing marv to his limits. He is injury prone and last thing we want is to push him to far. After sunday we have pretty much 1 game a week, so can play our strongest team every week IF we remain injury free.

• 150 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

@BD

YEAH THAT BRIUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE LIKE, THEY DESERVED A ROUND OF AN APPLAUSE FOR GETTING SO FAR KNOCKING THE LIKES OF ANJI MACHACKALA AND METALIST KHARKIV OUT

• 151 Novocastrian66 // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Droopy reckons QPR need 13 points to stop up. Based on that we need 1.

• 152 Dannyo // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Almost in Newcastle lads!
    Train currently stationed in Alnwick.

Which one of you tossers is it that I’m fighting after 2-3 years of ridiculous comments? :P

• 153 Dannyo // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Quiet now aren’t ya?
    Yeah, thought so.

• 154 Toon Tang // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM

there all accumulating around central waiting for your arrival haha red carpet treatment and all that

• 155 Dannyo // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Haha, would be as expected :)

• 156 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM

@dannyo

Are you serious or is this some sort of banter that I have no idea whatsoever about? :D

• 157 WWYCD // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Dannyo
    First visit to St James?

• 158 yo-yo // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Dannyo

Are you there yet ?

• 159 Toon Tang // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

leazes , haha aye banter from time back mate. dannyo swore that one day he would arrive in toon and massacre all the posters that had given him grief.

that day is here

• 160 Beattie25 // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM

So it seems since I, the hard man if the blog, took a hiatus things have descended into mindless violence and senseless threats!

Well I say no more. You all must live in fear of a higher power because only then can we live in peace!!

• 161 Best9 // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM

tomorrows Sunderland game? have i banged my head and lost a day?

Real Madrid Drew Barca…..errr…..no;
    Real Madrid V B Dortmund
    Bayern v Barca

hmm

• 162 Beattie25 // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Has anyone ever clicked on an advert via this website?

Can I really get a local slut who wants s3x tonight?

How does she even know I’m on here?

• 163 Beattie25 // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Also why is there an advertisement for cougar hunting?

Are they not a protected species?

• 164 Sazzer // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Will Hughes in – Vuckic and maybe Gosling to Derby with buy back clause on Vuckic. Any takers?

• 165 Graeme // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Some interesting facts relating to Sunday’s game! -

Sunderland average 0.87 points per game on a Sunday in the Premier League, the worst record of any side to have played 50 or more matches on this day

• Newcastle have scored a 90th-minute winner in three of the past four home games in the Premier League

• Sunderland have not kept a clean sheet at Newcastle in a top-flight match since their 3-0 win in October 1966

• Shola Ameobi has scored seven goals in 13 league games against Sunderland – he has not found the net more than three times against any other side

• There have been five red cards in the past five league matches between these sides and four of them have been shown to Sunderland players

The odds are all in our favour, we are 1-3 on lol

• 166 Sazzer // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Probably end up with cheaper french version Boudebouz 1 year left on contract and they might be relegated:

• 167 Sazzer // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Graeme
    Betting on Shola to score.

• 168 yo-yo // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Beattie

The only thing we live in fear of is if you miss your meds :-)

• 169 Graeme // Apr 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Sazzer, I would be happy if Bambi is on the bench, we are a better team with him there. His starting days are probably over, but the scum will be dreading the sight of him warming up with 20 mins to go, if its still 0-0!!

I really cant envisage a draw after the fabulous display on Thursday. If we play like we did against Benfica, we will win the game by 3 or 4.

Bring it on!!

• 170 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM

@ Beattie 161

I made that mistake a long time ago :) . Believe it or not there aren’t hundreds of beautiful woman cruising the NUFC blog looking to have casual sex . Who would have thought ;)

cough….. cough…….. back to football. Here is a little warm up for Sunday.

One of the top 5 days in my life. If time travel was invented tomorrow that is the first place I would go back to. The Dinosaurs can wait :)

• 171 Sazzer // Apr 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Yeah I think so too. Let’s get us safe as soon as possible so we can look forward to next season now that Europa League is over. If we play like we did last 20 minutes next season it’s going to be hell of season.

• 172 Sazzer // Apr 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Beattie
    It’s good old fashioned booby trap, that is usually decorated with big boobs these days.

• 173 Beattie25 // Apr 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Hi guys,

I clicked on the advert and true enough there was a local slag waiting to meet me.

I snuck out so not to disturb the misses and went to the address and would you believe the misses was waiting for me there!!

I’d be mad but she was wearing her nylons.

• 174 Toon Tang // Apr 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM

hahahaa beattie funny as fcuk

• 175 Toon Tang // Apr 12, 2013 at 11:41 PM

nylon is a joint effort between new york and london

ny = new york , lon = london . im dropping them knowledge nuggats tonight brethren

• 176 Novocastrian66 // Apr 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Luke Edwards used to be the Sunderland reporter for a local rag. Now he is the North East football reporter for the Telegraph. Here is his look am at some “historical” derby fixtures.
    Anyone without any knowledge of these fixtures would think Sunderland had the upper hand on our meetings. He basically picks out most of Sunderland’s recent victories in the last 30 years. He manages to squeeze one Newcastle win.
    His prediction for Sunday? 2-2. Hardly balanced journalism. Mackem prick.

• 177 Jayden // Apr 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Novo – what a total knobend…

“Sunderland remained the dominant force in the region” Like heck, they did…

• 178 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Apr 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM

We may have done ourselves big favours in the away matches in the Europa League!

But there is a certain 7 year old who got hit with a Baton in Benfica,s Stadium, who may dis-agree with this Sentiment ?
    We have heard nothing in the Press about any further action?

One can only assume, that the kid is okay and no further action has been taken! Or has there?

previous post: Kevin Keegan – Newcastle Are Still A Selling Club