Papiss Cisse – I’ll Do Better Against Sunderland Tomorrow

In the last seven games in all competitions Newcastle have scored 7 goals, and Papiss Cisse, Newcastle’s number 9, has scored five of them – and three of them have been scored in stoppage time that won the game for Newcastle.

papiss cisse scores fulham 1-0

Papiss Cisse – sweeping the ball home in added time last Sunday against Fulham

That probably puts into perspective just how important this striker is for Newcastle at the moment, and let’s hope Papiss is in goalscoring for tomorrow’s game against Sunderland, where anything less than a win will be a huge let-down – after Newcastle’s heroics this season in the Europa League.

Papiss is the man in goalscoring form at the moment and he now has 13 goals in all competitions, the same as Demba Ba – who left Newcastle for Chelsea in early January.

And Papiss played in this fixture last season, when Sunderland almost got a rare win over Newcastle, but that man Shola Ameobi scored a dramatic equalizer in stoppage time to spare Newcastle’s blushes.

Papiss has told the local press today that the intensity of the game took him by surprise last March, but he will be ready for the derby tomorrow:

“Last season when I played in the game against Sunderland it was difficult for me.” “It was early in my career. Now, though, I know what this game is all about.”

“I remember my first derby. We were losing 1-0 and the manager called for Shola Ameobi.” “He came on and saved us. The fans celebrated so much to see a 1-1 draw.”

“That was the moment I knew how important the game was. This year I will do better.” “I also think the Sunderland game is one for Shola.” “If the manager picks me on the pitch I will try with everything I have.”

“Maybe I will score as well in the game.” “Shola loves to score in this game so we will see.”

Newcastle will have players like Yohan Cabaye, Moussa Sissoko, Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux playing at some time tomorrow, and every one of them can set up the chances for the Senegal striker – and one of these days Cisse’s going to put every chance he gets into the back of the net, and not hit the post or narrowly miss, as has happened in the last several games.

If that’s against Sunderland tomorrow, it’s going to be a happy day indeed for the Geordie fans.

Let’s know how you think the game will go tomorrow.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Sunderland?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:40 PM

If I could say anything to papiss now I would say
    You don’t have to up your game as you’ve been one of the stand out players, but if you want to play better thats fine with me

• JDdubai

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Just stay onside ffs………

• toonLYF

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Newcastle 3-0 Sunderland. Cisse hattrick. Our best striker since Shearer, hands down.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I do agree Cisse needs to work on his off sides but some people need to realize that is just his game to play on the shoulder to the very limit. Frustrating I know but if he was offside 10 times in a game but scored his one chance like he has been lately I will be happy 🙂 . His movement is brilliant and some players just aren’t on his wavelength and pass it too late IMO.

• Graeme

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Cisse banging in 3 would not be a shock. The shock would be if that was then the final score.

If Cisse hits 3 the scum will fall apart and it could be another 5 goal score line – or even more. Pardew will have to pull the front 3 off and put defenders on, to stop it being embarrassing lol. Mon the TOOOOOOON

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I never thought I would say this, but seeing how we have played lately and how we played in the second half against Benfica I hope we will play with two upfront 🙂

…we are sadly not were good at playing 4-2-3-1. We are much better at playing 4-3-3, but Pardew has abandon that one it seems!

• JDdubai

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I dont mind the mis-timed run offside that happens, thats just as much the passers fault as it is Cisse’s, its the many when he is looking along the line or just doesnt get back onside before the pass, thats just lazy play.

However his hold up play has been good recently and he is scoring so cant complain too much, just find it frustrating thats all.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I think I agree with BPC on Cisse…

…sometimes he does remind me of Inzaghi!

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

And I think one player that is the key to unlocking Cise’s full potential is Marveaux. He is probably the best short passer at the club.

Team I would play against The Mackems

———————–Krul———————

–Debuchy—-M’biwa——Taylor—-Haidara–

———-Cabaye—————-Sissoko——-

——HBA———Marveaux—–Gouffran—–

———————–Cisse———————

If we attacked them from the start we would be to much for them to handle in all areas of the pitch and we could beat them by 5 again however I expect Pardew to start Gutierrez and Tiote. But what can you do 😉

• Jayden

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Is Debuchy definitely fit for tomorrow?

• MosesNUFC

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Lineup:
    4-3-3
    Krul
    Debuchy taylor Mbiwa Haidara
    Cabaye Anita Sissoko
    Marveaux Cisse Gouffran
    Prediction: 3-0 to the toon, cisse with a brace, and shola coming on to rub salt in their wounds.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM

BPC
    They have already said bennys not ready to start yet so not sure why ppl keep putting him in the line up, plus what’s the issue with starting guti? He’s been fantastic since the first leg in benfica! Is tiote even fit? Doubt he’ll feature tbh he’d be far too pumped up and be a huge liability for a derby game

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM

@ tads

Got nothing against Guti and he has played well lateley I just think the likes of HBA and Marveaux are better that is all.

• santonthenewmaldini

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Is Debuchy match fit?A derby is a bit of a tough game if you are coming back from injury and not used to the league
    With this in mind this would be my team to start with:

Krul
    Simpson
    Taylor
    Mbiwa
    Haidara
    Sissoko
    Cabaye
    Jonas
    Marveux
    Gouffran
    Cisse

Mclean, Johnson and Sessegnon are their only decent players but compared to our front 3 we should be taking them apart!!!Plus can bring Arfa , Debuchy and Shola on if necessary

• ONLINE GUY

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Hello Lads n’Lasses …RE: mail story on Davide Santon …

I’m Just back from USA in time for the Derby .

First thing I have to do is go out and Buy a new Washing Machine ! ..Domestic Bliss! AAAgghhh !

Went to John Lewis Friday evening and Bump into Davide Santon ..with full Mohican ..looks real good on him , His Girlfriend alongside him …Hair down to her waist ..blonde and beautiful…They are putting a home together right now and they were in for a few domestic bits and bobs ..Asked him about the Hamstring . replied good..good !.He was not Limping I noticed ..walking perfectly..
    (I know what its like ) … They are making a new home together and he is staying right here at Newcastle, going Nowhere… from what I gathered …So far from the Mail reporting that he is leaving ..He is telling me Straight yesterday that He enjoy’s it here and is putting his,and her’s, home together…and that’s exactly how it happened last night in John Lewis.

Tip for you if your after a New Washing Machine !…The John Lewis model is AEG ..top German Built Quality …JL model comes with 3 year parts and Labour !..Meil model 10 years ..! cost ya a grand though…

Feel Like John Shuttleworth here ..Talking About Domestic White Goods …

Got to Go outside now and Feed the Pigeon.

• Novocastrian66

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Online Guy, cracking tale that.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM

BPC
    Reckon Marv will start mate the lads been on fire just think he was to knackered to start vs benfica

• shearermania

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM

okay you might not agree with me on this: but i really dont fancy Anita, i really strugle to see what he offer to our team – to me he is an alibi player….he never makes any runs he just stands there….to me its like playing with 10 men from the off when i see him on the sheet….undoubtedly he is technical player but i cant see what he has to offer..he has no pace, cant pass, cant tackle….ill prefer des hamilton
    could see him as a right back though

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM

ONLINE GUY
    Saw him as I was leaving the match Thursday, he was in reception only caught a glance walking past but didn’t recognise him with the new haircut!
    He looked happy enough though was signing a few autographs etc dont think he’s going anywhere the club seem to think highly of him to

• Tayls

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM

11 lose votes? The mackem 1st team are feeling confident I’m guessing!

• Klatoon

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Shearmania, is that the same Anita who plays for us? Your description fits a certain Danny Guthrie and not our current number 8.

• Ravensd

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM

QPR getting smothered by Everton. Only Remy seems to be showing any life. Harry’s face is nearly drooping down to his knees. Will be good to see them go down and looted. Another club relegated by ‘arry

• ONLINE GUY

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Hi Novo ,

Yes the Missus dragged me along Kicking and screaming first to Fenwick then Price comparison mission at John Lewis ..Open to 8 on Friday now…Davide Santon … I can tell you that he Love’s it at Newcastle and has bought a house here . Going nowhere..Daily Mail full of chit. Muck raking non story.

• shearermania

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM

no i really dont fancy anita….to be honest i think hes sh.!…maybe you dont agree and thats fine – i actually would love to be proved wrong cause i want him to do well but i would rather play gosling instead of him and that says a lot….hes just hiding in every game…sorry ( but to me hes the worst player ive ever seen) maybe i just had to much expectation of him and thought he was a world beater.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Ravensd
    Can’t wait to see them relegated horrible club horrible chairman horrible manager!
    Realistically who would be good to nick off them?
    Remy apparently has a clause but my mate who’s a QPR fan reckons samba doesn’t nor does he have a clause to have his wages reduced! So they will need to shift him quickly!
    I’d prob also nick fuarlin think he’s a decent player not sure why they sent him on loan

• JDdubai

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Best thing with living here is every match live on tv,get to watch QPR relegated live 🙂 Only Remy looks anything today, it really shouldnt make me this happy to see Harry get relegated but it feels so good. Wish they could just bold on til we play them and we can send them down…

Norwich leading arsenal, villa and soton winning too………

• The Bishop

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I think it’s no surprise that Anita has performed better in the Europa League. He will come good when he settles into the pace and power of the Premier League, hopefully within a year. Anyhow, I see him as a Cabaye type player rather than someone that is able to play alongside him, so opportunities may be scarce.

• ONLINE GUY

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Tads //hello

Santon’s Missus to be is a real Canny Lass …Davide is just like Uz ..He’s a Geordie now. He would not be making plans to leave and buying a new house, and I’m sure the club would let him know if they had any plans to sell him….and advise him not to buy a new home..too late, he already did !

• Jamiemac

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Krul
    Simmo (Deb if fit) – Taylor – Mbiwa – Haidara
    Cabaye – Sissoko
    Jonas – Marv – Gouffran
    Cisse

Subs – HBA for Jonas or Gouff, Shola for Cisse if winning, Jonas or Gouff if drawing/losing. Maybe Tiote if winning

Think we have far too much class to lose this match. When everyones fit would love to see this front 6:
    Cabaye – Sissoko
    HBA – Marv – Gouff
    Cisse

• Novocastrian66

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Online; I think I read somewhere that his lass is pregnant too. A little Geordie Santon on the way.

• Jayden

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Could HBA injury be a bluff similar to Spurs at the start of the season? I doubt it, but it’s nice to dream.

• Ravensd

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I’m sure Hoillet would be snapped up by someone too. Might be a good bargain for us, as he;s a winger that can actually cross a ball. Too bad he’s a diving ponce though

• Novocastrian66

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Results not exactly going our way again today. We need the win tomorrow. It would make us safe and dump the mackems right in it.

• Jayden

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Novo – Results are fine. A win tomorrow would see us 11th..?

• davis_toons

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Buy QPR Townsend (English) good player to replace Simpson.

• Novocastrian66

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM

10-4. Lynn will drop us off at 10:30 if you want a lift.

• Novocastrian66

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Sorry everyone for the cryptic message. Got my texting and blogging mixed up. Just sorting my arrangements for tomorrow.

• Jayden

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM

o_0

• Novocastrian66

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Aye Jayden everything is looking a lot brighter now.

• Jayden

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Probably couldn’t have asked for a better set of results – if you’re looking both up the table and over our shoulders. No-one picking up 3 points around us. A draw tomorrow (or worse) would be a missed opportunity.