Alan Pardew Full Of Praise For Di Canio

We’re a little surprised that Alan Pardew is praising Paolo Di Canio so much before the Sunderland game today – but maybe it’s part of the match plan.

alan pardew after cisse goal

Alan Pardew – at the end of last week’s game against Fulham

This is what Alan had to say in the local press this morning:

“If you are passionate about your club, like Paulo is and I am, and you wear your heart on your sleeve a little bit, sometimes it is going to come out.”

“You hope it comes out in the right manner, but it doesn’t always.” “It doesn’t always for me, but apart from showing my belly last week in the Fulham game I was quite happy with that.”

“Paolo is a winner, I have no problem with anything he’s done or said since he’s been at Sunderland in terms of how he’s conducted himself with us.”

“He’s been very professional and that’s how he’ll be on the sidelines I’m sure.” “He knows the spotlight will be on him, as it is on me. As Premier League managers we have to conduct ourselves in the right manner.

“I’ve said before this fixture just carries a little bit too much personal level of intent.” “Actually it’s a game of football and hopefully the best team will win on Sunday.”

“A derby is such that, especially as a manager, sometimes it is difficult to control.” “The passion and the euphoria makes players do strange things, to try and win the game on their own.“

And Alan Pardew is still savoring last Thursday night, even though we didn’t get through against Benfica – but came as close as anything to doing the almost impossible, and Alan talked of the emotions and electricity in the air, at the end of the game on Thursday night:

“It was just an amazing moment. I have never experienced that at any ground.” “I’m not going to be egoistic and think it was just all about Newcastle, it was a little bit of credit for both teams.”

“We are still talking about it now, and that is just the magic of this place. I can’t say anything other than that is what it is.”

Let’s hope there is a celebration for a home win today when the final whistle blows, because Newcastle can do themselves a lot of good in the league by getting all 3 points today, and we’ll be on 39 points and even within reach of Swansea in 9th place – who are currently on 41 points.

We play West Brom next Saturday at the Hawthorns.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• only magpie of nepal

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM

makems voting for makem win and half makems voting for draw.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Bills

Might have been some confusion there. Rotonda pointed it out to me.

My first post to you should have said Ashley has shown he does NOT want to sell players for a quick profit.

• WWYCD

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM

There will be fighting between managers and then Carver will get involved and staff will be sent to the stands

• Tsunki

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Breakfast in the Toon. Winding it up ha ha!

• kevymartins

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM

My theory is that Ashley is trying to build something. Why on earth would we scout tiote and cabaye for what was it 5 years? before we signed them which probably cost alot of money also just to sell them on?

Tiote was the same after his amazing season .Didn’t we reject like a 20m bid from spurs for him?

• bills-son

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Transfer – get it right man, you’d have saved me a little rant 🙂

I’ve left you another reply on the last thread.

• Black and White Blood

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

At the risk of restarting the debate…

People calling for Pardew’s head should remember how expensive it can be to cancel a contract. He’s got 8 years and it’s not going to be cheap to get rid of him.
    This season is a write off, for a number of reasons. Not all of them are Pardew’s fault and I’d imagine there are quite a few aspects of the training/fitness/physio structure that are going to see improvement over the summer. The Wonga deal is allegedly pumping regular money into our youth academy and Carr is in it for the long haul. I’d actually say things are looking up now that we’re winning again.

It’s easy to forget that this is only Pardew’s fifth managerial position and only his third in the premier league. He has never had better players than he has now and he’s been signed up long term. I’m quietly optimistic that he will learn quickly. This season will have opened his eyes to a lot of potential pit-falls and he will be a stronger manager next year if we keep him on. He has already changed the style of play three times since taking over from Houghton and the players he is choosing from Carr’s list of potentials are our most exciting signings in years.

Bottom line: Glass half full fellas.