Pardew – This Lad Is A Special Player For Newcastle

Ben Arfa had has an injury ruined season this season and has only played 16 times for the Magpies with 3 goals and 3 assists, but that appearance record will increase by one today, as he’s expected to play a part in the Newcastle Sunderland derby later today.

ben arfa cisse tiiote

Ben Arfa – a special player

Ben Arfa came back on Thursday night against Benfica, after his last performance was also in Europe when we played against Anzhi in Moscow, and he set up Papiss Cisse’s goal in the 71 st minute.

Most fans would agree with manager Alan Pardew, when he says the Frenchman is a special player,  and he compares him with some of Newcastle’s great players of the past.

This is what Alan had this to say to the local press:

When I looked at Newcastle as an outsider, I always admired the way they played here.” “There was always that outstanding player that lifted the crowd. You had Tino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley and Kevin Keegan.”

“And you have to put Hatem in that category as a special player. We’ve had a few ups and downs with injuries. But he can do things that no other player can do.”

It’s an excellent opportunity today for the Frenchman to show what he can do in the local derby, when he’s expected to be introduced at some point this afternoon in the second half of the game against Sunderland.

Sunderland are above Wigan and the drop on goal difference only on 31 points, and Newcastle are five points above the drop zone.

And since we are on the subject of Sunderland, some late breaking news received from one of our readers Mark McConville – pen name – Markaccus:

12349_10200352294143215_844121555_n (1)

We need a win today.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Transfer Sage

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Bills

After the past few years I think Ashley has shown he is just looking to sell a player to make a quick profit. But before the past 2 years I think fans were right to worry. We lost a lot of players at relegation, (but kept some important ones too), that’s standard and wasn’t a bad thing now. But with him putting th club up for sale you can see why fans didn’t think he was in it for the long haul.

In terms of buying and being ambitious that’s still not settled for me. He didn’t buy last summer, might have saved a couple mill on a few players but sometimes you shoul pay a bit more in order to get the players you need, that was a mistake.

He bought very well in January but until we see our business in the summer we won’t know if he has learned from his mistake or whether he just reacted to being in a relegation scrap and to ensure of status in the league.

I’m not slating the guy, think at worst he is just a standard prem league owner which is fair enough. But until this summer window is done we won’t know the full stretch of his ambition.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Markaccus
    LMFAO quality lad!!!!!

• kevymartins

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Haha that pic is class edd. Just eagles at there ground 😉

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Lol
    Where do they come up with this sh1te!!!
    Swapping Ben arfa for Carroll would be like swapping a Ferrari for a vauxhaul nova!!

@14
    Sorry mate but that is stupid statement, when cabs signed for us he was relatively unknown outside of France and on the fringes of the national team
    Under pardew at Newcastle cabaye’s reputation has rocketed, one of the best midfielders in the league and the first name on our team sheet and one of the first on France’s team sheet

WWYCD
    No one links the mackems players going anywhere is because no one wants them!!! It would cost a fortune, not in fee’s etc but to de louse them!!!

• Transfer Sage

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Love that photo Of the benfica fans. Further proof the Mackems haven’t made it to Europe.

This is the most confident I have been for a derby for a long time.
    They are hopeless, they can’t create and when they do make their one or two chances a game they have nobody to finish it.

I see the crowd driving the players onto the front foot today regardless of the game plan and can see a complete rout.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Tads

But if the manager isn’t too experienced, had a few crashes and can’t get insurance on the Ferrari then maybe the nova is the better option?

Just joking, pardew night want the nova to pop to the shops in but when he is wanton to enjoy his weekend he needs the Ferrari to drive around in.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Canny wait to see PDC loosing his rag and punching one of his players after they get routed!!

• kevymartins

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Lol 5underland fans are bad losers anyone remember we beat them and they started to rip there seats off in there stadium now that was funny…I think they will go down they always looked like they were going to self destruct.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM

tads….Remember though, no making fun of their new manager! The police have asked us to play nicely. I wonder if the police told PDC that old one “sticks and stones may break my bones…”?

• WWYCD

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM

toonarmydownsouth
    Of the mackem squad Id have Johnson, Fletcher and (sadly) McClean but none would be starters in our squad (my honest opinion) but they will be torn apart if they go down

PDC is going to get a whole lot of stick from the crowd today and with his anger management issues I can see a Carver Di Canio square up

• Transfer Sage

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Kevy

There’re a strange bunch like.

I think your right they will go down. I don’t want them to, I enjoy the derby I just can’t see where they will get goals from. Especially without fletcher, he was their only hope.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Wwycd

I wouldn’t take a single player off them. Johnson has totally lost it and what Mancini said about not playing him, doesn’t work and train hard, has exile apparent in a lesser team an he isn’t what we need.

McLean has not managed to get back to last years form now people know his game and fletcher is decent but nothin more in my eyes.

I think if they go down they won’t lose many players, most will stay. Can’t see any leaving and I think they will storm the championship and come back up as winner. Might have a bet on them now to win next years championship haha.

• kevymartins

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM

@Jimmy I’m sure there far past it. I mean just look at suarez and they had alot of money to throw about back then..And it didn’t even come from there pocket torres paid for carroll and suarez and they way we are laughing at them there laughing at chelsea ..And I think most fans hate AC but the reason I would take him back is because he was my hero back then , a young geordie number 9 banging them in it couldn’t get much better than that.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM

WWYCD
    Maybe Johnson, he’s been sh1te this season though agree on fletcher, Mclean I think will vanish soon tbh but would prob take Danny rose, funny that one of there best players is a fringe player on loan!!

Ibiza
    Wonder if they gave PDC the same speech as the fans about the salutes?

Sage
    I’d rather have my Ferrari in the garage all year than drive round in an over priced nova 😉

• WWYCD

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Sage
    I think Johnson can be turned around if he was given something to play for (the club he supports) I know he has lost his fire but on his day he can be a top draw winger. City ruined him when they bought him but thats not to say he cant be brought back

McClean ur probably right plus we have Ferguson whose probably not much different just a little weaker. Id still take Fletcher hes a natural goal scorer and hard worker

I dont know if they’ll go down but if they do I still think players like Fletcher, Johnson, McClean and their keeper will be off and they wont bring Rose in

• kevymartins

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM

The lad wickham has a lot of potential but he needs a move soon or his career is as good as dead.

• Shane

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Mornong guysssss! Today we are all cordially invited to the biggest send off party this side of the hemisphere, the day is upon us! 🙂 today is what its all about, sadly this will inevitably be the last time we get to play the unwashed for a long time, perhaps for the rest of our lives haha, I sure will miss this derby next season. So lets hope the lads go out there and smash ’em, sing your hearts out today and lets give Sunderland a proper send off. 😉 Adios makems. Adios.
    (I appreciate they’re not relegated if they lose today, but it might be our last chance to say farewell to our scabby neighbours)

• magpie6699

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Very nervous! Not sure I like it when we’re favourites. Surely Lawrenson must gave tipped us to lose?

• kevymartins

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

@Magpie surely Savage aswell?

• WWYCD

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Forgot they had Wickham, how much did they buy him for again? Seen him once or twice not been hugely impressed but dont know much about him

• magpie6699

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM

must Have tipped us to lose – sorry. Lads, this is not going to be a stroll. We have slipped up agianst West Ham, Reading (and look where they are) and struggled to beat QPR! Let’s not get carried away – unless it’s after the final whistle!!

• bills-son

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Transfer Sage – when has Ashley ever shown that he was after selling players for a quick profit?

Given and N’Zogbia demanded to leave almost to the point of saying they never wanted to play for the club again. The players who were sold after relegation were mostly mercenaries or players who refused to play in the Fizzy. Ashley didn’t sell one player who didn’t want to leave and left himself with a huge wage bill for a Fizzy team. Carroll was sold for stupid money and even then Ashley didn’t want to sell but was outvoted by Llambias, Charnley and Pardew. Enrique wouldn’t sign a new contract and Barton talked himself out of the club after refusing a new contract six months earlier. Nolan is the only player where any type of case could be put that he was sold against his will.

As with most Ashley negatives – the truth is far different to the reality. Its a myth that Ashley has ever acted as a die hard sell for profit owner. A total myth.

• magpie6699

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

kevymartins – and maybe Keegan as well these days (sadly).

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

According to sky tiote’s still out with santon and colo
    Taylor apparently 50/50
    But apparently Danny graham is only 50/50 with a knee injury so they could be turning up with only wickham!

• Billythefish

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

2-0 win today, was at a do on Friday. Keegan was guest speaker has nothing but good to say about our club, said had no problem with Ashley just that he surrounds himself with people he trusts who give bad advice.
    Said he expects Cabaye to go in the summer.

• Shane

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Magpie6699

Harness them nerves my friend channel them into your lungs and release your war cry, for today we attend the banquet, main course – slayed makems!!

• Shane

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Slain! Not slayed. Sorry guys. Too excitings!

• kevymartins

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I’m not sure how much they paid for him but I think he’s very young .He was on motd last week looked big and strong but he needs a team behind him and not a bunch off rejects …Playing bramble at cb for barca would still be considered suicide.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM

YO
    Think they paid £8 mil rising to £12 mil for wickham, he cost more than cisse!

• magpie6699

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Shane – thanks mate. I will try to be strong and my war-cry will sound today!

• Rotonda heights

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Sage

I’m a bit confused. Did you mean to say

”I think Ashley has shown he is NOT just looking to sell a player to make a quick profit.”

I think the only way people will leave is to go for European football, a higher profile manager and of course more money.

I think with our salary ceiling and relatively unhailed manager etc I’m amazed we’ve managed to get so many good players to come in the first place.

However, I do think Ashley will pay the right money and wages for the players who can take us forward.

• WWYCD

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:47 AM

kevy
    Havent seen out of him in ages if am honest, saw him play in the u21 derby a few months back and he scored (possibly twice) he stood out in their team but not on the pitch. Will probably play a blinder against us now Ive said that haha

toonarmydownsouth
    Christ Bruce’s big buy I suppose paid for the hype imo

• kevymartins

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Also about all this talk off cabaye leaving. Didn’t we bring debuchy here for more than one reason?

• Transfer Sage

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Bills

I accept those sales other than Nolan, like you said, were all justified. It was just the fact we were selling whether here was reason or not high made people worry. The main issue was Ashley trying to sell the club. That’s why people questioned his long term ambition, if he had long term ambition you wouldn’t try and sell the club.

Now though I do think he is trying to build us to a sustainable, profitable and competitive club. The question for me is how competitive. Top ten, top 6 or top 4? It’s simply to early to tell in my eyes.

I don’t think that’s me holding a negative view, just not condemning or praising before its deserved.

• Shane

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Kevy,

We also brought cisse in for more than one reason and by the end of it I swear him and Ba hated each other. Aha.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Rotonda

Yeh sorry. I meant he has shown is not just looking to make a quick profit. He will only see under exceptional circumstances. Huge huge fee or the player is a bad apple or not needed.

Kevy

Cabaye is a top pro. Hard working on and off the pitch. I don’t think he would turn down a move to man utd as it would be best for him. Can’t fault that.

• kevymartins

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM

@Shane I doubt that imo demba ba shouldn’t have even been in that senegal squad just looked like they were 2nd choice because he realized he was never gona get into the france squad. He grew up in france for most of his life.

Cisse buying ambulances for senegal hospitals and ba going to paris for 5 a sides says it all really

• bills-son

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Transfer – Ashley wanted to sell the club because of the horrendous personal abuse he got from fans after the Keegan saga. Fans forget that prior to this he stood on the terracex with fans, drank in the Strawberry and wore the shirt in the directors box home and away. How many Newcastle owners have ever done that?

When he couldn’t get the price he wanted to walk away he decided to stick with it and tough it out. He also decided to run the club himself and ignore the so called experts who had filled him full of sh!t like Allardyce and Wise. Since then he has imo done a brilliant job albeit with some controversial decisions along the way.

We’ve got the best squad we’ve had since the mid 90’s, we are totally financially stable, have money to spend in the transfer market and we’ve warned other clubs that only stupid money will even get us thinking about selling our top players. That to me is fantastic progress since relegation.

I have absolutely no doubt that Ashley will strengthen the squad further in the summer but I also have absolutely no doubt that many fans will still find reasons to doubt Ashley’s ambition and motives.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Bills

I don’t care about him sitting with fans or his reason to sell. The fact he was willing to sell meant at that time he wasn’t ambitious as why would you spend on something you were trying to sell.

I have said for a while now I think he is a decent owner. The selling side of things he has gotten right in my eyes.

The buying he is. Still making mistakes but as long as he learns that’s all you can ask. I think he will strengthen in the summer, everything I hear from people I know suggests it will be similar to January in terms of numbers and quality.

I think I’m fair with Ashley. As log as he shows progress that’s fine with me. He needs to learn some things but he is showing he is glib forward. And if he speds this summer then credit where it’s due. I think every decision is taken on merit, good or bad.

• numba9

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM

lazy journalism they keep coming out with the same yawn stories, cabs to man u, or benny to bin dippers. just because they are trying to get rid of carrol. i dont believe there is any truth in it , and liverpool have just got that coutinho kid and he plays a similar role to benny, i dont think they can afford two of the in there team !