The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Andy Carroll Uncertain About His Future

10:59 am, Monday, April 15th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 27 Comments

West Ham got a good 1-1 draw at Southampton over the weekend, and their goal was scored by Andy Carroll,  who fired one in with that left foot of his from a free kick just outside the penalty box, and he’s now scored 6 goals in 18 appearances for the Hammers, and he’s level on goals with his pal Kevin Nolan, who also has six goals.

Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll – uncertain on future

Andy is unsure of what will happen in the summer, and that’s hardly surprising, since  we don’t think any club will pay the £17M Liverpool are asking for the Geordie striker.

Certainly Newcastle will not be interested at that price, but as we’ve said before, if the price gets somewhere nearer £10M, we think Mike Ashley will go after the local lad and bring him home – and we ‘re sure Andy will be pleased if that happens,

This is what Andy said after West Ham’s game on Saturday:

“I have just got to wait and see, really.” “We’ll see what happens at the end of the season.” “Obviously I don’t know what is happening so we will just have to wait and see.”

“It has been great here and every minute has been fantastic. The lads have been great, the gaffer has been great and the fans are unbelievable.”

“We will have to wait and see. It is obviously a great club and I do not see why not.”

Let’s translate what Andy Carroll was at least thinking – I’d love to go back to Newcastle but that’s not up to me so I’ll join West Ham if that’s the only offer I get.

Newcastle are obviously his preferred choice – being his local club – and Andy came through the Newcastle Youth Academy to become an England International, before joining Liverpool for a massive £35M just over two years ago – and we know both Managing Director Derek LLambias and manager Alan Pardew would like him back at Newcastle..

We need some strikers in the summer, and maybe we can get both Andy and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of St. Etienne, for say £20M total.

We didn’t replace Demba Ba in January, and that’s coming back to bite us, as Newcastle are now finding it difficult to score goals.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

27 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Ed are you trying to push people to suicide? :)

• 2 Mag.no // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Ash1001 from previous post.
    “Pardew and his merry mob are so far behind the times they have trained the football skills out of them.
    Times have moved on ‘Windows used to be on 3 floppy discs, now its a DVD.
    Footballers are fitter, possibly more skilled, oh and they wear fancy boots. BUT some managers are still at the
    ‘Windows on 3 floppy discs stage’ including our own, you only have to look at Southampton to see the difference a modern manager can make, (and he does not even speak English) add to that the desire and motivation to win and you are well on the way. Sorry but PARDEW is not in that mould hes in the Curbishley, McCarthy, Brown, Davies, mould, past it time to move on to the next era, sooner the better.”

Spot on!

• 3 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hopefully pardew will be gone before he can bring back carrol to keep his ”stoke” ideology intact.

• 4 Spreadthetoon // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Rotonda Heights

Completely agree with you re: movement around the pitch. There was acres of space for us to make progress, but little movement and not nearly enough desire. It was shocking.

Movement and passing has long been an observation and criticism we have both had…..in terms that it could be improved vastly!

• 5 hazzy // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM

950 people voted for a man of the match and 22 voted Jonas they must be mackems as he was there best player

• 6 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Ibiza

Some would say it’s a risk but i think Sunderland have played it brilliantly appointing someone as passionate and clued up as PDC to really fire them up. They were gone under O’Neill, totally gone.

I think we are safe but whether it’s now or summer we have to get rid of this guy because for whatever reason he can not achieve consistently good results over a period of time.

Ibiza

We shouldn’t have to ask why is someone good today but not tomorrow, but with Pardew I feel this will always be the case.

I bet even in Ibiza if you went to a local kids club, there would be more impressive passing drills going on than Pardew can muster.

His whole thing is defense but he hardly excels at that does he.

• 7 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

sorry so good I named you twice!

• 8 Markaccus // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Oleg…. you make it seem like these people represent the true nature of all football fans. All those religious groups you mentioned…. those are minorities who use religion as an excuse for violent conquest, when i reality they just want conquest for their own personal gain. Theses hooligans would find something else to fight about if they were no longer able to use football as an excuse to exercise their violent nature. I follow nufc watching games when and where i can. But like most people i dont go on a violent spree if we lose. Please think carefully before you tar everyone with the same brush

• 9 blew // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Another day another Andy Carroll story, with a different heading.Lazy journalists.
    This is for the Liverpool/West Ham Blogs
    Give it a rest

• 10 Beattie25 // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Ibiza

After your attack on the previous thread I think it’s only fair I ask you to revisit my Ed quote. You will see it was a response to another blogger pointing out Ed was dismayed by the result and in a moment of lightheartedness sorely missing from yesterday I exclaimed ‘well that must be it!’. This was a moment of attempted humour.

One thing about my good self is that I tend not to jump to conclusions and would only think Ed would want Pardew out if Ed wrote I want Pardew out.

I wouldn’t spin, recreate or interpret anything someone says as pro or anti Pardew (regarding his future position at the club) unless that person is debating or discussing such things.

If not wearing your heart on your sleeve is how you live i think it’s unfair for anyone else to criticise that. It isn’t a flaw it’s who you are, a person able to keep sense of ones emotions despite what’s happening around them.

Please don’t take what someone said and try to now wear heart on sleeve and pick apart someone so needlessly after missing their interpretation of humour.

• 11 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Bobb52

howay man how deluded can you be.

They should have had 2 nailed on pens courtesy of saylor and we got lucky with saylor falling over.

It’s not the refs fault no one wanted to tackle Johnson or vaughan. stop making excuses man, you’re as bad as pardew.

• 12 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

One man’s sitting on the fence is another man’s diplomacy and tact.

• 13 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Rotonda…Thought I was being ignored there for a minute…

Some would say it is a risk and tbh it is exactly that. It may work out, it may be even more disasterous. Sunderland are looking more up for it now, but in 2 games he’s won one. Let’s see what happens before we start singing Di Canio’s praises.

As to whether we should or shouldn’t have to ask, we are in that position. Seems many are happy enough to point to Pardew and whilst it may be part of the issue, can it be all of it?

As for the local kids clubs here in Ibiza, you bet. Honestly though, that would apply to most British clubs, not just Newcastle.

I am as shell shocked as everyone else and just feel that right now is not the time. Things do need to change, and not just some players, but in our management set-up. Whether that is Pardew or re-inforcements to get a more complete package I don’t know.

Also, can you stop calling me a Pardew apologist? I have toned down use of the “n” word and would appreciate the same courtesy, we can have our opinions, but it’s going to be a tense end to the season and I think we’d all benefit not trying to wind each other up more than we need to.

I will say though, that it is looking more and more likely that Pardew may have reached his level with this club if we want to progress, it was always likely to happen – but I still cannot lay the whole of this season down to him and for me anyone who does is being completely irrational, but that’s me.

• 14 swiller2004 // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Newcastle aren’t getting Andy and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for £20m. it’s just laughable to even suggest it. Niether LFC or Saint-Étienne will sell for them figures. Newcastle aren’t going to be anywhere near Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang he’s going to a top club fighting for honours.

• 15 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM

sometimes you just gotta let it all out and say what your really feel. Bad to keep it bottled all the time for fear of causing offence.

• 16 Beattie25 // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Also back to Pardew can anyone please give me a reason why they think Pardew should be given a chance?

This isn’t a joke or an attempt to shoot anyone down, it really is a question to try and understand.

For example if this were a manager who had (in their career) shown a winning mentality and had shown that his teams to play decent football in the past then I’d stick by him even if we stayed up in goal difference.

All I see is a man who in 10 years+ as a manager has never got a team playing good football, never won anything of merit and has no history of dealing with pressure.

I mean for me this is more than one poor season, it’s a hallmark of Pardew and his ability over the past decade.

Anyway I’d love to hear why and I’m not even joking.

• 17 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Ibiza

why are you so shell shocked though. I have said all season given his previous he could quite easily take us down and people seem surprised because of one previous good season.

There is nothing in Pardew’s cv to suggest hew as ever going to be successful on a consistent basis.

• 18 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Beattie…I will take another look and apologies If I didn’t get the attempt at humour. I’m sure you can understand, humour levels were not at their best yesterday.

However, I do not agree that you haven’t been guilty of such things in the past. Nor am I now trying to wear my heart on my sleeve “now”, if anything I am consistent, of course that is my opinion.

P.S. I’m guessing somewhere in the comments Ed felt the need to say his views on Pardew, which is what brought my comment on in the first place. If I have something to say to you mate, I do and where possible, I say so to you.

• 19 brian kilclines pony tail // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM

so he admitted he got it wrong

• 20 Markaccus // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Ibiza. Thats what gets me about this blog. If people dont like pardew fine. But people who think he should be kept on dont deserve to be called butt buddies of pardew (catchy phrased it something like that). The only time i react badly to the pardew out brigade is when they wsnt him sacked now which would almost garuntee relegation.

• 21 Brutooon // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM

We can signed messi or ronaldo but Alan Pardew would still prefer JONAS !!!!!!!

• 22 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Pardew
    Call yourself a manager, carver Call yourself a coach

1. Please change the corner routine. Try a few short corners.
    2. Get players up to help Cisse when attacking – take a leaf out of Sunderlands books yesterday.
    3. Get your full backs to come short for goal kicks and throw outs
    mix it up as it is far to predictable.
    4. Get men in front of our defence when defending – like Sunderland did yesterday – there 4 man defence came 7 8 men yet counter attacked with pace.
    5. Get our players to have one touch less on the ball which will release Cisse a lot quicker.
    6 Get players to move into a position to collect a pass after they have passed the ball instead of standing still.
    7 Get some passion and commitment back into our team.

Most fans can see the problems
    Easy Eh !!!!
    or Simples!!!!!

• 23 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM

No not all the blame but Pardew sets the tone of who we are, how we play and how we want to be seen.

We need a Virgin (not literally) standard manager but have got a Wonga one. No more mixed metaphors, but there is no point just buying in more and more good players who look great at first and then are ” Pardewed ” out of all their early promise.

• 24 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Rotonda…Forgive me If I am wrong, but I think you said somewhere yesterday that you had expected to win yesterday and that would have taken in to account that Pardew was leading us out?

That is why I was shell shocked yesterday.

Beattie & Rotonda…Sorry, I’m going to be in and out today, so picking Pardews CV apart is not going to happen. For me, it is far to easy to look at his previous jobs and say he has done poorly, but that would be without looking at what he was left to deal with and under what circumstances – which would not be balanced imo.

Much like I can look at a new upcoming manager in an inferior league who has won one campaign and claim he will be a winner.

It’s not that simple.

I will say though, that no, there isn’t really anything to say he will be successful, but he can do a job and when we change I want it to be for someone who has a real good shot at being so, not just change as this season has worked out.

On merit at Newcastle alone, he has given us one great season and one terrible, does that mean he should be given time? If there are no actual better alternatives, then imo, yes.

• 25 Carryingcoals // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Just a quick question for season ticket holders

Can anyone tell me how much a ticket is for West Brom away next weekend please? Any help would be appreciated

• 26 DevonToon // Apr 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Im probably going to get abuse for saying this, but oh well. We where naff 1st half, but still had the best chances. 2nd half was really the all too familiar story of shite officiating. Had our goal stood it looked like game over in my opinion, the scum where camped in their half bricking it…

• 27 toonluvva // Apr 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Same old story about Carroll being repeated on a regular basis.
    It highlights what many Mag fans believe, that we are desperately short of quality strikers and in my opinion need 2 in the summer.
    My suggestion is to offload Tiote, Obertan and Williamson (there are probably others too) in the close season, and to put the money aside for at least 1 striker. This means that Ashley only needs to find the cash for the other one.
    For me they could be PEA, Carroll or even Remy, but we need to land 2 good strikers.

previous post: Pardew And Players Will Take Some Heat For Disaster