Haidara Likely To Return At West Brom

As we had though when the team was announced Alan Pardew preferred Jonas Gutierrez at left back in place of young Massadio Haidara, who had  returned against Benifca,  and we thought he had a solid game, before being replaced in the second half.

Massadio Haidara   -1740187

Massadio Haidara – should return at West Brom

It’s time for Alan Pardew to put the players in the positions they play best in,  and no more square pegs in round holes.

Alan thought that Massadio would have found it difficult with the intensity of yesterday’s game, and we found out so did  a lot of other Newcastle players who wilted to a Sunderland side who had only three draws in their previous nine games in the league.

This is what Alan Pardew told the Evening Chronicle about his left back decision of yesterday:

“That was a tough decision. He is a young boy.” “I wanted to play a bit of experience – people who I think know the game – and in hindsight perhaps I should have played him.

“I did not think he could get through that after Thursday – his first game back – and also get the intensity of it.”

Hey – if they are good enough they are old enough – and we’ve been impressed with Massadio since he arrived in January, and was the recipient of that terrible tackle from Wigan’s Callum McManaman, from which he recovered so well.

Alan’s job this week is to get his act together – and also that of the Newcastle side, so we can play well at West Brom on Saturday, where we were great in last season’s fixture,winning 3-1 and we were 3-0 up at half time.

A result like that would help lift the depression of Newcastle fans next Saturday

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Puppet Pardew's Brainlessness

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I really like this lad and he will only improve. Good prospect for a good price

• Beattie25

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Does playing a player of massive experience in a different position neutralise all that experience?

• Beattie25

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Also not playing him because he might not get the intensity of it.

I think even all that experience didn’t get the intensity of it.

• Carryingcoals

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM

pushy

from last post, thanks for that

• toonheroes

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM

“Alan’s job this week is to get his act together” hahaha Class ED, and bloody right as well.

• JDdubai

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Issue with pardew is picking players regardless of form ie tiote, jonas etc, even tho jonas played well last couple of games, pards has picked him all season when he has been so so poor and limiting to us as an attacking unit.

Bigger issue for me, we have all these foreign players who have been trained to play the “continental passing” way since they were kids, many through clairfontaine academy in France. Are Pardew, Carver and Stone able to teach them this way? As far as i know none have ever proven this or have a history of this. To me the players are better than the coaching team in this kind of football so what will they learn??

I love John Carver by the way, Newcastle through and through but when he was with Bobby we played 442 with 2 wingers and shearer/bellamy up front so there wasnt any real technique needed to our play…either give it to Robert or whoever, hit it long to Shearer or in behind for Bellamy.

But now, i just donta see anyone who can improve the players we have, to develop them. Only way is with HBA, teaching skillful players how to be more British and track back, this seems the limit.

I like Pardew’s passion, he does seem to really care Bout the club, maybe introducing 1 or 2 coaches with continental experience will enable them to move the team on?

• thai-mag

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I think that most people watching the game yesterday new in the first 10 minutes that the team were not up for it, and would struggle to get anything out of it. I think we have been fooled by the french imports, I don’t think they are as good as people say they are

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I have always been against Jonas at LB, as many of you will know.

He did however put in some great performances against Fulham and Benfica, so I can understand the thought process behind him starting.

It didn’t work out.

On Haidara…seems a top lad with a bright future.

• leeb1982

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM

It’s his bags he wants to get together. And come 6pm on the 19th may pee off back to London

• Beattie25

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Haidara will stay if relegated.

——————-Elliot——————-
    Raylor–Williamson—Good—Dummet
    ————Perch———Bigi————
    Sammy——–Gosling———-Ferguson
    ——————Shola———————

Subs: Alnwick, Streete, Moyo, Vuckic, Abied, Amalfitano, Campbell

I reckon that’s mid table of the championship.

Things are looking up!!

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Just finish reading through the hefty amount of anti-Pardew hysteria that resulted from the incredibly dismaying performance yesterday and to be fair I thought it was warranted, but this is the morning after the day before, which is usually when the emotions subside and reason and logic kick in.

I don’t want people to think that I want Pardew at the club indefinitely if he continues to stifle the attacking potential of our players, however, I would be comfortable with him in charge if he showed a willingness to grow and mould his defensive ethos into a much more attacking one, akin with the strengths of this team.

It seems that many concluded after last season that Pardew was, and would only ever be, a defensive manager, whereas many (myself included) were willing to contend that defensive frailties called for an approach that favoured strong defending above cut loose offensive play.

Now that our defense has been suitably upgraded I am beginning to sway towards the approach that clinical attacking play will never be in Pardew’s locker, not enough to achieve sustainable success while playing attacking football anyway.

And as such, should, in due course, be replaced with a manager who can help this bunch of talented players evolve with a more fluid system.

But for some people “due course” means “right now”, whereas for others it may mean, when the season is over, or when Pardew has been financially backed and given a more complete squad with the time to let it gel.

Personally “due course” for me, means given him the close season to buy 3/4 players in positions in dire need of strengthening, let this squad gel and settle, and if a much more fluid brand of football is not achieved within 4/5 months of next season, we should honestly look seriously at replacing him.

We will get nowhere with knee-jerk decisions, and I do genuinely believe we will be safe, but this has been a train-wreck of a season in regards to both injuries and results, and I want it to be over as soon as possible.

From now to the end of the season we should be concentrating solely on getting as many points as possible, starting with WBA, and when we’re safe, let the chips fall as they may.

Sorry about the essay.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM

thai…Even during that first half I felt that we would at some point kick-in. I put in down to conserving some energy. I think we gave Sunderland no respect at all, which I can see as they have been bloody awful and could hardly but a goal until yesterday where they pulled three crackers out of the bag, but still, at this level you cannot afford to show no respect.

If we had got a goal that stood then I feel we would have pushed on and got something, but it didn’t and we never got that injection of fight that was lacking. We can’t just wait for a goal to kick on though.

JD…I like the idea of a different assistant to work with Pardew, offer something we don’t have currently. That isn’t to put down the rest of the management team, but we need something else. That could be the current manager or members of his team, I know which is less drastic. Let’s be honest, if we get a new manager, how many of his current team will be part of their plans anyway?

• Shane

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM

As if to add insult to injury i wake up to Ed pushing stories about Andy Carroll, again. 🙁

Ed, this week has been bad enough. 🙁

In conclusion, 🙁

• JDdubai

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Thought i would show support for our Geordie brothers anyway and smash up Dubai after the match. Difficult to destroy sand but I managed to kick a few sandcastles in down the beach. Didnt fancy punching a camel though…TOOn TOOn!!!

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Ruddy…Could you not have turned up earlier and said that and saved me hours of my morning?

Honestly, so inconsiderate.

• Rainrix

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Just get it over with and sack the bloke already, he couldn’t outwit a game of kerplunk 🙂

• toonheroes

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM

My team for w. brom:
    Harper/Elliot
    Debuchy – Colo – Mbwa – Hadiera
    Marv -Cabaye – Sissoko – Goofy
    HBA
    Cisse

Rip into them at the start and don’t stop until the final whistle. Marv and Goofy swapping sides and HBA doing what he does best which is whatever he wants.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Position available at NUFC. Enquire now for the top managerial position.

Requirements – To be able to complete a game of kerplunk.

Sorted Rainrix, spread the word (no, not the bird word).

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Sorry Ibiza, honestly I was here 1 1/2 hours ago and it took me all that time to wade through the endless streams of Pards bashing last night, sure as hell am glad that I had an early night as that would have been tough.

I do believe Pardew will in effect be phased out of the club, and when that time comes I will thank him for his hard work, for bringing the club up a level in terms of achieving European football as well as over seeing the recruitment of better players and for leaving us is a more stable position to kick on and progress.

I do feel his time here is numbered, but if he is replaced with better quality then I for one will welcome it, but knee jerking gets us nowhere.

• DevonMag

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Well then lads, after it’s all calmed down a bit since yesterday I think I can safely say I’d like Pardew replaced at the end of the season. There’s only been two occasions I’ve felt like this since he joined (apart from the very beginning, obviously) and that was after the Reading game (blaming the fans/shockingly negative tactics) and yesterday. Out of the many managers we’ve had, how many of them would be forgiven for a 0-3 loss to Sunderland AT St James’ with a far superior team?

I’ve never really LIKED Pardew but I’ve also never been desperate for him to leave and think credit has to be given where it’s due, but (as I’ve said to my many Man U supporting friends over the last couple years) as long as we get results I can put up with his smugness and charisma dearth.

I’d be happy for him to leave, now. Thanks for the last couple years, but I reckon he’s taken us as far as he can. I can’t really see us winning anything with him despite his steadfast conviction that he is a ‘winner’.

It won’t happen, but I’d take Laurent Blanc in a heartbeat…or Garcia. Who are the other realistic, decent options? We’re an entirely different proposition from the team Pardew took over; our first eleven is genuinely class and we should easily be fighting for the top 6. I think we’ve gone up a category in terms of who we could attract for the role.

Thoughts?

• Rainrix

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Ibiza… i’d also add must be able to beat a peregrine falcon at monopoly too, we aren’t employing savages now are we? 🙂

• leeb1982

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Don’t see how getting New coaches under pardew will improve anything. Pardew is the manager and he sets teams up and dishes out the orders of how he wants them to play. We have small technical players yet where set up to play hoofball. Don’t mind hoofball if you have the players to do that. Pardew will never get these players to play anywhere their potential on a regular basis. He hasn’t got the tactical know how or the motivational skills to do that

• Beattie25

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Ibiza

You’re moaning about 1 1/2 hours.

I’ve been waiting 1 1/2 years for someone to agree with me.

All of a sudden I’m like so character from the old testemant who people refer to but is seen as myth or legend and a new testemant is where it’s at.

Even though they share my morals they forget who brought down the tablets from mount Sinai.

• Graeme

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Wilted, Ed? Wilted!!

If we were an army team yesterday, they would have been shot for cowardice in the face of the enemy.

A disgraceful performance from Pardew downwards.

• Agent Belfast 007

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Come down off that fence Ibiza you swine…

• Beattie25

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Devon

100% agree and there is a Mazzini e list of potential managers who many think could be tempted.

From the long shots such as De Boer to the more realistic Ole Solksjaer, either way (and to paraphrase Ruddy) ‘his time here is numbered’.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Ruddy…I gave it a go yesterday, but there is no point staying around in that mess. Emotions were too high and understandably so.

I think most people are on the same page to be honest. No one thinks he is some messiah and that he will likely be improved upon. Just that good old question of when and for what!

Devon…I have been a little unfair as to who we could attract as a manger. We do have some great players at the club, but this is still not as easy challenge for a top manager and I do hold fear of who will be chosen to replace Pardew as and when that time comes.

I can’t suggest any names of who could come in, it would be guesswork at best as we don’t know what would be on offer and under what conditions.

A huge summer for Ashley is coming up. Where is he taking us?

• Beattie25

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Damn auto correct

Mazzini = massive

• Agent Belfast 007

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Really like this kid, but he’s fecked, because Pardew thinks Jonas is brilliant & wont drop him. Our worst player all season by a mile in my opinion.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Beattie… 🙂

Belfast…How could I forget about you? You’ll have to come up and get me!

Rainrix…Perhaps we should hold off on getting posters printed whilst we work out the fine details?

Leeb….Open minded as always?

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM

beattie….Would it make you feel better if I said I prefer the word mazzini to massive?

• saxonfenken

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM

As i quoted in a previous blog, Pardew will be going nowhere, so all talk of new managers is total tosh for all you wonderful Football managers who can swop and change managers at will, but in reality get real.
    and also from a previous blog, what right has Alan Shearer to have anything to say about the tem not showing up, if I remember he did not do a very good job when he had a chance, relegated wee we not. Now I have and always will be a fan of him as a player, but he did nothing to inspire a good set of players who let us all down badly.

Yesterday Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko, Marveax our so called best players, and the rest of the team believed all the hype and just thought it would be a stroll in the park. Lets hope they have learnt a big lesson.

• leeb1982

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Ibiza- too right I am

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM

leeb…It was apparent.

Do you still want the pro pardew lot to show their faces? I assume you have a message for us?

• Agent Belfast 007

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I don’t think they will sack him to be honest. Though in my opinion him and his coaching staff should get the chop after the last game of the season.

They’ll stick with him because they don’t want to end up with egg on their faces, after giving him the 8 year contract.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Beattie….wow, just wow. You certainly don’t lack in confidence do you my friend :p

Ibiza

I must admit that if Ashely bit the bullet in the summer, sacked Pardew and replaced him with Garcia, Blanc or Benitez, I wouldn’t be up in arms about it.

I would think it would be a little harsh on Pardew given the fact the board shafted him last summer, but the nature of football management of harsh. I have no allegiances to Pardew, I mean I respect massively what the guy has done for the club but at the end of the day managers come and go, as do players, what is and always will be left behind them is us, the fans, and it is us, not managers or players who make up NUFC.

So, like I said, with that in mind, I’m more willing to accept a more ruthless approach if it brings us up yet another level.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

*nature of football management IS harsh, I should say

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Belfast…Would have thought Ashley liked a bit of egg on his face.

• Markaccus

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Im pro pardew still…. is it going to be a torrent of unwarranted abuse for us leeb?

• leeb1982

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Saxon- who is responsible for motivating and making sure our foreign players understand this game. AP. Yes the players should take the same sh!t as pardew, but I believe we have some fantastic players now and he is getting nowhere near the best out of them as individuals or as a team

1 2 3 10