Newcastle Fans Disgrace Newcastle United And The City

One thing that we just cannot tolerate is Newcastle fans wrecking the good name of Newcastle United – a club we all cherish deeply – and support through thick and thin, and yesterday was thin – very thin – in fact very very thin.

newcastle violence

Northumbria Police try to control fans

But to read that Newcastle fans rioted in the City Center and at the Central Station after the game yesterday was hard to take, when a bunch of Newcastle fans ran riot and even attacked some Sunderland fans, has only served to bring down the name of Newcastle Upon Tyne and Newcastle United.

The news is literally being reported around the world with Fox Sports and other sports news outlets in the US leading with the fan violence story.

And this after Alan Pardew had proudly said on Friday that the club and the City had got some great press in Europe – not only because of our results – but because of our fans being so great and behaving themselves.

Unfortunately it was not so yesterday, and 29 people were arrested after violence erupted following Newcastle’s dismal display and defeat by Sunderland 3-0 – the worst defeat by a Newcastle team against Sunderland since the 4-1 defeat at home in early 1979 – that’s how bad it was.

There is video of the violence showing Newcastle fans picking up empty bottles and throwing them towards the police and even of a fan trying to punch a police horse – would you believe it!

The horse is called Bud and the West Yorkshire Police Horses Twitter account have tweeted that Bud appears to be OK and is doing well,

Newcastle fans got themselves into trouble at Wigan four weeks ago, but that has been cleaned up so to speak, with Newcastle fans sending the small Wigan club that was affected donations and letters of apology, and the side will even play at St. James’ Park too – all expenses paid.

I also got a few notes from their manager saying how thrilled he was with the responses of the real Newcastle fans.

We’re not sure what we do about yesterday’s nonsense – other than to send Bud some carrots or something.

Being beaten by Sunderland in the way we were yesterday, with the red and whites showing all the passion is bad enough, and it’s hard to take, but damaging the good name of Newcastle United and the City is simply unforgivable.

We expect Newcastle to issue some statement today about the violence – and that it is completely unacceptable behavior – even if we were beaten by Sunderland 3-0.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Pardew's Pointless Beard

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Can we stop calling them fans. These are trouble making thugs and nothing else

• LeToonARMY

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

idiots

• BigKirky

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Scum of society

• Edd Case

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I was feeling so angry after watching he game but even more so after watching those mindless thugs fighting in our own city.

What a joke. Have them mackems ever done such a thing? Even when they got thumped 5-1 they didn’t do this.

Sad day for Newcastle and true Geordies everywhere because not only did the mackem’s football team beat us, their people shone above ours too – because of a tiny, idiotic minority.

Fighting with police in our own city – just utter, utter madness.

I’m right behind Ashley and co trying to get the best financial deals for this wretched club – how the hell do you think will want to touch us after the scenes yesterday?

I’m so, so angry and I am certainly NOT ‘proud to be a Geordie’ right now.

• Markaccus

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Apparently they were not at the game. Just p1ssed up tw@s who wanted a fight. That knacker who punched a police horse needs to be removed from the gene pool.

• Edd Case

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM

*how = who….typo…argh

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Thes idiots just made a bad day worse. Yesterday is a day I want to permenantley wipe from my memory

• Pardew's Pointless Beard

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM

This really undoes all the good things about having the stadium in the city centre

• Griff-toon

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Not proud of this at all. Its utterly stupid and it is bad for our reputation. I realy hope the thugs are banned for life at St James park.

No matter how mutch we loose this is never ok. I hope we all agree on this.

• Pardew's Pointless Beard

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Was the guy who punched the horse thinking he was mongo from blazing saddles

• Markaccus

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:02 AM

These people are actually adding credance to one od thatchers old policies against hooliganism. She tarred all fans with the same brush and this behaviour would have given her ammunition. T0$$ER$

• Markaccus

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Ppb. I recieved the picture in an email entitled ‘mongo’ so yes is the answer lol

• Transfer Sage

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Not real fans. Anyone involved ban from the ground

• Tinman

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM

It seems people are finally beginning to see through Pardew and his ‘passion’ for the club.

Maybe in time you will all then realise he DID mess up against Benfica.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM

There were people in the Gallowgate end yesterday sitting near me who have I have never seen at a match before and a quarter of an hour before the game ended were leaving and some of the vitriolic between them and the fans that stayed was pretty awful.

They seemed to have one intention causing trouble

Not the usually Gallowgate banter of late

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:07 AM

There’s always idiots who’ll take advantage of a situation to create problems and confront the police.

I expect huge riots right across Europe this summer.
    Greece, Spain and France are guaranteed to be hit.

Shame the fans didn’t take a lead from the team and wandered home like wimps.

Pardew’s Pussies 0 DiCanio’s Warriors 3

Has our rubber lipped leader handed in his resignation?

• Griff-toon

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Im afraid of what the players feel about this also. It just ruins so mutch and cant be undone.

The pressure of playing for our passionate supporters is hard enough. Knowing that your performance can result in riots is hardly motivating.

• Markaccus

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Charlie. I am not a season ticket holder nor do i get to many games. Id certainly not have walked out before the end just cos we were losing had i been able to make a rare vist to sjp. And as sad and angry i was to see us fail so badly, i would never have turned on our own fans and caused fights. These people are pathetic and do not deserve to be at games.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Pointless, reaction to a bad loss which the Mackems will be talking about for years to come !

The Scum are in a Relegation fight and it Showed !
    We beat Fulham last sunday, and were on our last legs against Benfica by the end of the game last Thursday !

Yesterday HURT! and the Scum were better on the day !
    Some need to come down to planet earth and start thinking how we are going to beat WBA at their place !

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Bunch of idiots, was slapped all over the news making us look a right bunch of thugs

Reading over the comments, I get where people are coming from with pardew, a derby defeat is unforgivable really, and it’s probably the last straw for many who were anti pardew already and yes the summer could be realistically a time to look back at the season and admit it was an epic failure and maybe a change in management is needed
    BUT, no one is really mentioning this, is nobody else completly and utterly disgusted with the way our lads just rolled over? Not one them deserved to wear that shirt yesterday from krul right through to cisse there casual attitude was appalling, people are asking why pardew didn’t have them motivated, well why should the players need some one to get them motivated ffs its one of the biggest most fierce derby days in the country there’s no way any of them should of gone out looking to give anything less than 110% and blood sweat and tears
    The lads didn’t want it, the scum did and that is unforgivable, are you telling me that pardew needed to get some one like Taylor motivated!!!
    Btw if pardew goes in the summer I hope he takes tiote with him because the bloke is beyond useless

• geordie157

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM

It’s bound to have been mentioned in one of the previous posts, but if Moyes is out of contract this summer. Would he not be worth approaching?? he’s unlikely to ever get one of the top jobs in the country, due to Fergs being immortal and the other sides wanting foreign managers.

Would cost us a bit to offload Pards, but could we move him into a new role somehow.

Just think Moyes needs a fresh challenge, we need someone who could take us forward. It’s a long shot but one Mr Ashley should consider.

• bills-son

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM

The sad truth toon fans have got previous rioting in the city – after the play off defeat in the 80’s, the ManU cup final defeat, relegation and now Sunday.

Let’s not kid ourselves – these idiots ARE toon fans – trying to excuse it away by saying they aren’t is nonsense. What kind of toon fans is another matter.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Markacccus
    It was shit couldn’t see the last 15 minutes for people standing up walking out If asked to move on sit down you just got verbal shit

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Can I suggest a change in the banner …

Photoshop a big steaming dog turd onto the top of Pardew’s smug head.

We have to get rid of this joke manager asap.
    Hoof hoof hoof and square pegs in round holes. Then he blames the players.
    Too defensive for the Toon.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Quite funny coming from shearer as he couldn’t motivate his best mates Owen, duff, Butt, Given etc to keep us up.

No one wants us to go down to prove a point that Pardew is a s..t manger. Most of us want him removed asap before he completely sucks the life out of the club.

Pardew goes on about fatigue while ignoring the fact we went out of both domestic cups at the first attempt.

Defense is in Pardew’s D.N.A He can’t adapt or change. Do you really want his tactics for another 8 years? Allardyce couldn’t change and nor can Pardew. Both old school, never won anything English managers who love themselves to death.

Pardew may have had excuses for hoofball with Simmo and Willo. No excuse now.

SBR stupidly got sacked finishing 5th but he also finished 3rd and 4th. Given a lot of extenuating factors Pardew had a one off 5th place season in an otherwise very long and poor and mediocre CV before once again being found out.

Maybe Pardew doesn’t want people watching training sessions because they may be appalled at how little pass and move drills they do, if any.

Yes SAF was nearly sacked and the rest is history but look at his CV before getting the job. Pardew’s doesn’t begin to compare. JFK and Pardew were and are bargain basement and should be nowhere near a club of our size.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Cheik saying derby defeat worst day of his life …. hadn’t realised he was on the pitch!

Perchy would have done a better job.
    Anita would have been better than tired depressed Cabaye.
    Anyone would have been better than Jonas.

Gouffran is our very own Callum McManaman.

Pardew got the team so wrong.
    Pardew got the tactics wrong.
    Pardew got the motivation wrong.

Pardew gets it wrong quite a lot.

I’ve watched some dire crap this year .. it started with preseason.

• BandB

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Ibiza,

Sorry I missed your reply yesterday. I was only half-way home when I posted my question to you, and when I got home, I didn’t spot it. Sorry if I appeared rude.
    To answer your question. I agree with you that Pardew was let down last summer (though I can’t remember that being your argument at the time.) But since then he has been reinforced. I never thought we’d fly up the table though, because we had, after all, lost Ba and, effectively, Coloccini. So it was still a mixed window. But Ashley acknowledged his earlier mistakes, and I was waiting to see what happened this summer to plug the holes that remain. Yes there’s a wage structure and a buying policy that would apply to any manager. But the truth is that some very good players have already come in over several years. The timing might have been questionable at times, but the squad has improved and Pardew’s dissatisfaction with the “youngsters” policy (a policy which was also hailed as a wizard wheeze I recall) was taken on board. So I don’t think any manager would necessarily have to work within parameters that made it impossible to “build”. What has happened is that I’ve become increasingly disenchanted with Pardew. I’m not saying you don’t bleed black and white, but you have a capacity to stay seemingly dispassionate and surgical, that I lack.

• ash1001

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Do not get me wrong, I am not supporting anything that happened in Newcastle yesterday, if they can be caught throw the book at them.
    Yes all Newcastle fans were disappointed, but after the match we had a coffee in Debenhams and no police were in Riot gear, every one was orderly as they walked past, there was not pressure from the police, although disappointed everything was orderly.
    The same when we went down to the Central Station for the train,yes there was a police presence the train but once again no sign of anyone been disorderly, that was 3:45pm. There were police there carrying there ‘helmets on there belts’ but that was it.
    The photograph I think shows ‘people’ (not going to call them fans or supporters) and by the location looks as if they are walking up Westgate Road by the Tyne Theatre, thats not the city centre, yes its part of the city. Why they were walking in that direction I have no idea if it was after the match, so maybe they were out for confrontation with some one.
    I would re-iterate that, there is noway this sort of confrontation should happen, but I do think the papers are thoroughly enjoying distracting away from the Millwall fans at Wembley situation.
    As a 73 year old pensioner I do think we get the thin edge of the wedge sometimes up here in the north from our friends in the south,

• Ari Gold

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Make no mistake about it, yesterday was one the darkest days in the history of this football club, and boy is there a range of those to choose from. It truly was an insipid performance from go to woe. Both the players and Pardew must be held fully accountable for what took place.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Pardews main forte is apparently motivation !!!!!!

Good Players are already been made to look bad and confused with his tactics, but if you can’t get a team up for a home game against your biggest rivals in front of 50,000+ what the hell does that say?

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:41 AM

BandB…Given the hysteria of yesterday I didn’t think you were being rude, but thanks for the belated response.

I have been accused in the real world of not wearing my heart on my sleeve, so your analysis there was probably spot on. I tend to remain calm and keep trucking on, but that does not mean I don’t evaluate, form opinions or change them as I go (not saying that’s what you have said, just expanding).

I did indeed say that we would be okay after the summer window and I have since said that I was wrong, happy may not be the right word, so feel free to edit this slightly, but I am always happy to admit when I am wrong.

I suppose a fair argument would be that I have lowered my expectations of where the toon are and what it will take to get back to where we could be. I have always said it needs to be done in stages, unless of course serious money were to be thrown at it (much like Man City), but this is not an option that fills me with any pride whatsoever. Not sure pride is a word I should be using today thinking about it.

I have seen before what happens when fans lean more towards their emotions, calls for Sir Bobby to be replaced are still fresh in my mind (not to say Pardew is anywhere near to his level – he is not), that I am happy enough to see Pardew for what he is and what he is capable of until we do upgrade to a proven better manager.

People are really quick to point to Pardews CV as a reason to say he isn’t good enough, then in the same post list managers with little to no actual management experience. I do wonder how that can be perceived as anything other than panic / frustration…which I get, but don’t agree with.

• Oleg G

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM

“The are not real fans” that’s what a lot of people say here.

It is exactly what religious people say about other religious people who behave badly.

Muslim about Muslim terrorists – They are not really following the word of god, god is against violence.

Jews about violent settlers – They are not really following the word of god, god is against violence.

Christians about Christian fanatics bigots haters racists and molesters – They are not really following the word of god, god is against all of those things.

Yeah, right.

These are also fans, fans are people and there are many kinds of people, good, bad, evil, naive, kind, violent etc.
    And in any club there are fans from all that spectrum.
    So stop giving excuses and look in the mirror, Newcastle fans unfortunately are not different from any other, there are bad ones as well, bad fans and bad people.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I just watched the video of this plonker punching the horse !

I hope the guy is proud of himself ! Big fine and also a Lifetime ban. He also had a scarf over his face but the Cops jumped on him straight after !

What a Twot !