Newcastle United Issue Statement

As expected,  Newcastle have issued a statement on the behavior of some of  their fans in the Newcastle City Center and at the Newcastle Central Station,  after yesterday’s 3-0 defeat by local rivals  Sunderland.

derek llambias up close

Derek LLambias – Newcastle have issued a  statement on yesterday’s fan behavior

Here is Newcastle’s statement issued this afternoon:

We were embarrassed and appalled by the behavior of a minority of so-called fans who last night were involved in disturbances and disorder in Newcastle city center after the match.

Newcastle United have been working with Northumbria Police, and will continue to do so, in order to identify all of the individuals concerned.

The Club will take the strongest possible action against those involved in the disturbances and will impose immediate lifetime bans on all those found guilty.

These deplorable individuals have no place at Newcastle United and bring shame on the Club and the vast majority of its proper, law-abiding, fans.

It was very hard to take yesterday for Newcastle fans, but we have to take it and move on, and hope our lads will do a lot better, and show a lot more passion and fight next Saturday at West Brom.

Three points would be very nice.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• IITianToon

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Summoned sufficient courage to come back to the blog. Was so depressed on Sunday, and was apprehensive of the depression doubling if I came on here.
    So time to take stock. I am sure if the players needed a knock; they have been given a Mike Tysoneque blow. Lets just hope that now their focus and drive is regained, composure maintained and the intensity kept at 110%. Its important now to get those 4 points as quickly as possible.

• Rainrix

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Swear to god on the preview of the local news i saw some footage of the guy who punched the horse doing a dual “come get some” gesture at the horse. I’d be mortified if i could stop laughing 🙂

• BigKirky

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Just listened to a clip of Pardew on Total Sport on Radio Newcastle and the arrogance is frankly astounding. “My team” doesn’t play like that.

Ridiculous.

• GeordieDan

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Should ban every single one of the idiots who were rioting for life!

No excuse for embarrassing us even more than we already were. Now the whole world has had a good laugh at NUFC fans expense.

Pathetic scum, simple as that.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:55 PM

The bloke who tried to fight the police horse was injured during his arrest, a facial injury.
    After being taken into custody, as he was injured the police surgeon had to be called out to see if he was fit to be detained. The police surgeon later informed the custody officer that the man’s condition was stable.

• dmac

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:55 PM

What on earth is going on with a selection of our fans?! We have some idiots a few weeks back trash a sunday league game, some prick punching a horse and people tearing up my beloved city. Our own city! I wish they would ban that god awful numpty that insists on throwing a yellow/green flare WE ARE NOT EVEN ASSOCIATED WITH THOSE COLOURS! i would like to say its our younger generation but its not.

Im appalled by all of the behaviour – they are shaming our club and they are shaming us as other fans. Its widely reported that we have excellent fans, do they want to change this?

Im glad they are getting lifetime bans. Good riddance to scum.

• dmac

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Sorry for the rant.

• cockneymagpie90

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Sacking pardew now would be suicide… hahahahahahah!!!

Thats hilarious!!!

My nan could manage the last few games and get us results.

Pardew is one of the worst tactical managers i have ever seen.

Anyone could walk in with the players we have and start getting results straight away!

Its not even a gamble, i believe we would be safer without him even with 5 games left.

Whats that? Reading u say?

I will be cautious and defend the game and try and nick a goal.

Whats that? Man U u say?

I will attack, show ambition and try and score as many as we can!

Pardew is a joke!

We concede on average nearly 2 goals a game and score a goal a game.

Weve lost as many as weve won and hes still f****** here!!!!!

• Jayk

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM

The Players let the fans down and then the fans let the club down. Tbh Im more annoyed with the players and manager, they instigated anger when they should have stirred our passions. It was obvious yesterday that many of our players weren’t up for it when in past years players like Nolan, Barton and Carroll, who are technically inferior, but had the passion and drive to do us proud.

• The Bishop

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Couldn’t have happened at a worse time either, now we’re being talked about in the same breath, and associated with Millwall fans.

• daztoon

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM

@cockneymagpie90
    stop fence sitting and say what you really feel

• Novocastrian66

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Jayk; you can blame the manager and the players for many things but they’re not to blame for the behaviour of a small minority of “fans”.
    Every time we play Sunderland at home a bunch of radgies go to the town with only one thing on their mind. To cause as much trouble as possible and to try and assault Sunderland supporters, whether we lose or not. Every year behaviour of this nature happens.
    Do not try to justify their actions.

• dmac

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Who punches a bloody horse.

• cockneymagpie90

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:07 PM

@daztoon

Thats a joke right?

• daztoon

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM

@cockneymagpie90
    yep

• Patoon

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM

The first 1 banned from St James’s Park for life should b Alan Pardew, nj

• cockneymagpie90

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:13 PM

@daztoon
    Haha u never know on here!

I can name so many reasons why we should sack him but i really cannot be bothered.

Iv felt like this for a while now and iv had people on here doubt my opinion and say give pardew a chance its the injuries blah blah blah!

But if i here that one more time im actually going to send a hitman to get rid of him myself!

He might be dead but newcastle will be alive again.

• NewMexico

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Fan behavior was deplorable. However, why doesnt the club issue a statement of appology for a pathetic display of football?

• Tinman

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Agree with cockney 100%.

Been saying it since the massive slump mid season.

PARDEW OUT

• Jackel001

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Just noticed who Wigan’s two games in hand are, if the get anything in those games I will be fooooking amazed!

• Tinman

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Patoon, good call!

• Tinman

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Have to say though don’t think we will go down. ‘we are too good’

• Jarra

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I was surprised after the poor run he was not sacked in January, however he was given 5 new players to strengthen the squad. Can you recall how brilliant they all were when they came in, sadly he has now got them to play his tactics and they do not look half the players that arrived in January. Just to clarify our last 5 games are away to West Brom, West Ham and QPR with two games Liverpool and the last game of the season again at home to Arsenal. God I pray we stay up just glad Stoke are worse than us as hopefully they will take the third bottom spot and drop with QPR and Reading. Its not a knee jerk reaction its based on the full season don’t pick and choose statistics 5th last year quarter final Europe. Be honest its been shocking even Europe was a token effort defending a 3-1 deficit to play the last twenty mins to see how we did. Oh and what about Brighton in the cup. we have scraped last minute wins WBA at home deflected goal last kick, Fulham again this is me thinking off the top of my head. Lets compromise do not sack him as I agree its not the time but if things do not improve and he justifies why Ashley should give him more money to spend on quality players that he can turn into average one’s then even you must ask yourself is he capable to take us forward. I do not think so and believe me I hoped he would of done so as changing managers all the time is shown not to work. Howay the lads stay up and lets debate it in the summer

• leeb1982

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Yes we have had injuries to key players but does he think it’s only us these injuries happen to. The man is so limited in his ability to manage and has very little if any tactical know how. And finally he must do no work in training on set pieces because we have to be the worst in the whole English leagues. Think we scored once all season from a corner or indirect free kick

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Ibiza…was thinking about
    myself 🙂

…has to play on Saturday
    myself as well and would
    probably miss the game then!

• Cisse's Big Toe

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:24 PM

for all the people saying give pardew till jan to prove himself then get rid, it will be too late

we said in jan, if he doesnt pick up by end of season then reassess his position

i believe sacking him now would be suicide but we must get rid of him in the summer, for the benefit of our players, as much as us

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Give him the rest of the season as I think it is to late to change manager unless you have someone lined up like the Mackems.
    But he CANNOT use the excuses of
    1) Injured players
    2) Tired players
    3) No Mid-week games to distract him

• Sack Llambias

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Mr Tuff
    I am afraid I can’t see the humour in a fat moronic fan punching a horse. I also don’t want to be linked to fans who bring disgrace on the region and our football club. I was pleased to hear that the horse is OK.
    Ed is not aware of multiple posting by the parties you have claimed.
    As far as I am concerned anything which lifts the.level of debate beyond the constant regurgitation of Pardew out would be welcomed. As a long time reader I feel we’ve lost a number of the best posters. I know you liken the list I previously drew up to something assembled by Jack the Ripper so I won’t repeat it. Good to see Dannyo back but If you drop your hostility act we might get a few more back. It seems to me that 3-4 followers Just keep repeating the same childish drivel. This used to be a quality football blog. Please don’t see this as a criticism of you but an opportunity to say you got it wrong. Should you feel unable to do so then please just forget it and I won’t mention it again.

• Rainrix

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Ibiza… From previous. I agree we’ve been devoid of confidence all season, another reason for the bad season. Still when we did eventually string some results together it’d got to hell later. you’d think the europe results would’ve gained us some confidence but it hasnt really.

I feel bad defecting, i cant hang with my friends anymore i have to hang out with catchy and his ilk *shudder*. Hopefully this isnt a downward spiral and i wont end up like him. I hope we can still be friends 😉

• Patoon

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Sack him now, i’l take over for free, any of u’s want 2 b my assistant??? My team for West Brom

Elliot
    Debuchy Colo Yanga Mbiwa Haidara
    Anita Sissoko
    Cabaye
    Ben Arfa Cisse Marveaux

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM

jesper…I see. Well if you can’t watch it, maybe it is perfect timing? 🙂

Rainrix…I wont bleat on about it, as for whatever reason this season has been well below what was / is / should be expected and it is normal to look to the manager when that happens.

Of course we will still be friends 🙂 I’m not quite that petty. Or am I?

Here starts the biggest battle in blog history. I shall not rest until your blood is mine!

• leeb1982

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I’ll be your assistant patoon. 🙂 like the line up. No tiote or Jonas. The way it should of been all season

• Tsunki

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM

The problem may be taken care of sooner rather than later – flashback to Crimbo…….

Mike – ‘Soooooo…Alan… whats going on with the team then, results are a bit aht of Ordah aint they?’
    Alan – ‘Its the injuries Mike, the injuries. I need some new faces’
    Mike – ‘so if I get you a few new players, we’ll be ok?’
    Alan – ‘Yep, no problem’
    Mike – ‘Ooooo-Kaaaay….’

Fast Forward to yesterday evening –

Mike – ‘Alan, quick word…’

• Cisse's Big Toe

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM

patoon well if all fit the team is spot on

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Police reporting that the majority of the morons causing trouble were not at the match
    They said that the Newcastle fans that were at the match had dispersed within 6 to 7 mins.

The trouble makers had spilled out of the pubs which had given the excuse of serving breakfasts to open at 10 am.

Makes me sick that it has brought my name the clubs name and the vast majority of fans that attended the toon games week in week out into disrepute.

• Bambams

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I hear what most are saying about Pards out but can you see Ash sacking him and in doing so show the country he got it wrong with the headline making eight year contract – I cant.

I can see a ‘ coach ‘ coming in and Pards gradually taking on a ‘ Director of Football ‘ role….. Whatever that is.

The players look shattered and look fed up….. Thats down to not being happy.
    Unhappy with ( I believe ) the way we play.

I still think we will stay up, worse teams than us and still think the mackems will be below us. They played a poor team on Sunday and it wont be as easy to get three points again for them.

Sorry but Pards is not good enough but is too confident in his opinion of himself to realise he is not up to the job.

Imo

• GeordieDan

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Tsunki>

I’ll bet thats pretty much word for word how it really went. 😀

• sahil

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Just a quick question…
    When was the last time people were actually very satisfied with a performance from us?! Not the result, but the PERFORMANCE
    For me it was probably Stoke or West Brom last season. I actually can’t remember the last time I was sitting there and thinking during a match ‘I’m loving this, we’re dominating!!’ or ‘what lovely passing’. Pardew tends to grind results, not create chances which will lead to goals. So frustrating to watch.

• Rainrix

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Ibiza… One thing i never agreed with, but its always the manager who takes all the flak regardless of any other factors thats what annoys me about my new camp mates :).

Im glad we’re still friends. Also you can have my blood in a few days i imagine i’ll royally piss off my new brethren soonish and i’ll get lynched. Help yourself to all my blood 🙂

• g_lish

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I read this blog most days but haven’t commented for a couple of years, but cannot believe some of the rubbish coming out of this site (not you Ed). This time last year everyone was talking about champions league and Pardew being shortlisted for England Manager.

We’ve had a terrible season, the board have admitted that it was a massive mistake not to improve the squad given our European qualification (this was part remedied in january). We have had massive injuries like we didnt have last year and our squad couldn’t cope. Take 5 first teamers out of every team other than 2 or 3 of the big lads and they would struggle.

we now have a chance for a bit of stability and everyone wants to get rid of Pardew and go back to the bad old days of a new manager every 12 months…. absolute madness!!! Get rid and we go back 18 months, simple as that. Stick with and see what we can achieve with no europa games and a better squad than last year.

I honestly believe the worst thing to happen to Newcastle fans was european qualification. nothing like a bit of success to warp the mind of the simple and confused.

1 2 3 6