Newcastle Player – We’ll Fight To The End – Please Stay With Us

Mathieu Debuchy, Newcastle’s French International right back, who returned to the side on Sunday, after recovering from a hamstring injury, has come out and said the Newcastle players are hurting as much as the fans, after Sunday’s disastrous result.

mathieu debuchy chelsea

Mathieu Debuchy – we’ll fight to the end

Debuchy has said the Newcastle players were devastated after the 3-0 loss to local rivals Sunderland – well we’d be surprised if they weren’t.

I’m only just recovering some feeling in my body, after being completely numbed by the result. 🙁

This is what Mathieu said in the Daily Mirror today:

“I can understand that it’s very difficult for the supporters, but it’s also very difficult for us to take a defeat like that.”

“But I just want to tell them that we really need their support, it’s important for us so I hope they’ll stay with us – they’re a really important part of the club and for us.”

“I want to let them know we’re going to fight until the end.” “Quite simply, the manager was disappointed – with the result and the manner of the defeat.”

“He said we need to get out there and work harder and make sure we get the results we need.” “We don’t have a choice but to get on with it.”

“We’ve got some important matches coming up and that starts next weekend. We need to get to work and make sure we’re up for it and we’ll start next week.”

It was a devastating defeat on Sunday – no doubt about it, but the lads have five games left to make up for that terrible result.

And we need about 6 points to ensure we stay in the Premier League – which is where Newcastle belong.

Mathieu will soon learn that Newcastle fans are very forgiving – even though they go through hell and high water to support Newcastle,  and certainly this has been a difficult season for the team in the Premier League.

But those are good words from our new French right back, who looks a great player in black and white stripes.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Cisse's Big Toe- Not Quite As Anti Pardew As Beattie Crew

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM

will always back the players on the pitch its just the manager that makes it tough

• Eddie

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Pah! Cobblers. Blah blah blah. No more BS. Enough is enough.

• nick_9

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Darrylwe – I can recall making several comments throughout the season that goal line technology is needed, i think it would be used at least 10-15 times a season. You are correct though that disallowed goals and offsides happen much more frequently (every game?) and surely they should look to address that first? I don’t nut the whole it would add ages to the game as sky can show us a replay in seconds. The whole it will even itself argument is silly too, firstly is there any proof it does and secondly why allow it when you can have a definite decision. Billion pound industry yet so far behind

• geordie_upon_tyne

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Heard it all before (GONE FISHING)

• mick1078

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Well I’ve been forgiving them for 53 years : /

• Novocastrian66

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Where will we get another win? 3 games away from home and 2 very tough home games. We need 4 points at least. Losing to Sunderland could have just done us. I’m worried.

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:58 AM

about the officials is it me are does the top teams and lower teams seem to get the officials on there side and mid table teams like Newcastle and Everton always get the back wash.

Hmmm lets think, top teams have the money to bribe the officials and lower teams are skint because they keep bribing the officials, simples.

• mick1078

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I agree with Novacastrian were in trouble can’t see us getting owt against Liverpool or arsenal at home, Shane long will do us on Saturday, of course Andy Carroll and big Sam will rub it in, and when we play QPR Remy will do us, be afraid be very afraid : (((

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Novocastrian66

true mate i really can’t see us winning anything now, i will always back the lads 100% but Pardew no chance unless he can get at least 2 wins and 2 draws from our remaining 5 games and i tell you what it can be done. ( hopefully )

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM

if we played like we did against Fulham and benfica we have a chance to actually win all 5 games all hope is on the lads but can they produce that performance well only time will tell

• Novocastrian66

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Never mind Shane Long what about Lukaku? I think 4 points will be enough, but I’m struggling to see where we will get them.

• mick1078

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:14 AM

My only hope is Wigan lose their games in hand, can’t see them getting anything v man city on Wednesday, the worst thing was the opportunity at home against Sunderland to be virtually safe to be 8 points ahead of Sunderland and to put them deep in trouble, the first 20 minutes we should have been flying in, surely Pardue knew Di Canio would have them fired up and Steven Taylor was found out big style, what’s happened to Tiote f…ing depressed, can’t wait till Saturday to see what our reaction will be 🙁

• Toon-Prodigy

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:41 AM

We’re not going down lads, no where near.

Some good performances still to come this season i think. No more Europa hinderance. Although I loved being in Europe, Now we can look at a game on a week to week basis, we will see an upgrade in performances, fitness and quality. Especially with players returning to full fitness.

• AmericanGeordie

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Deep breathes, lads. QPR & Reading are relegated: 12 points behind us with 5 to go. Further, if you can’t see us gaining anything from our last 5 based on recent form, how do you see Stoke going past us? They have ONE point in their past seven games!

We are tied for 8th in the form table based on the past 10 results. EVERY team below us, plus West Ham, Swansea & West Brom have less points than us in he past 10. We will pick up a minimum of 5 points on the run in to safety. Howay the lads!

• beefman13

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Taylor went from hero to zero in 90 mins, tiote is half the player of last season, i did not think i could possibly say perch for tiote, infact i would have laughed last season had thar been suggested, but it may have to happen, bit of a shocker at the min is tiote, pardew as we all know has his favs and tiote is one of them along wi jonas, it isn’t written in stone thar they have to play every game surely, same a shola gets the nod b4 campbell, christ 47 goals in 13 years for shola, lets give the young lad a proper chance, different class from shola if he gets decent playing time and decent ball, through the middle not wide keft like daft pardew tells him to play of he gets 20 mins, AP infuriates me when he does this. Lost do much oatience with the fella. His ego is close to taking us in to the pits of the championship.

• Jayk

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Did anyone see the linesmans performance for Arsenal v Norwich. First he gives Arsenal the benefit of the doubt and gives them a corner incorrectly. But how on earth can he flag for a penalty from 40 yards away when the ref is 10 yards away and has a clear view. Later he misses another offside which results in a goal. The guy singlehandly won the game for Arsenal the corrupt bellend. Howards performance didn’t surprise me either, every time he refs our games I come away seething.

• Jackel001

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Lads I know that we were shocking on Sunday but to say we are basically down is so so wrong! If we dont get 3 points on saturday but put in a much better performance and come away with a point then we should all be a bit happier!

• JDdubai

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:23 AM

@jayk 16

To be fair to the linesman, he got the penalty decision right, from 40 yards away which was a fantastic call. The ref is the one who you should be arguing against for not see it, not the linesman.

• shearermania

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:53 AM

tiote is a good player in a 442 where he can break down opposition attacks due to his running and tackling but in a 433 or 4231 where he needs to sit in front of the defense and distribute more of the ball makes him ineffective hence cabaye keep dropping deep and tries wonderballs all the time…keep tiote on the bench and let cabaye play the deep pirlo role….also cabaye keeps lunging in and will see red soon i think…..
    my main problem is our full backs – no one can actually take their man on, debuchy is good at bombing forward but dribble- hes just an upgraded version of simmo.

• neblexa

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Toon_Prodigy and AmericanGeordie, thank you for giving me the faith that not all people are clueless. If we had of beat the mackems everyone would have been jumping. Its a derby so in its very nature its unpredictable. We have had the rub of the green last few years. Add a new manager into the mix and you end up with what happened. A total disaster on the day, but that doesn’t suddenly un do all the positives from previous results. Man city was predictable and Wigan was disaster for the officials and shouldnt have stood so you can put them aside, in my opinion. To think we wont pick up any wins is just ridiculous. I will put my neck out and say we will finish 10th. If im wrong and we go down feel free to abuse me.

• lesh

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:34 AM

So, the manager was disappointed eh? Disa-f******g-pointed? I’d have thought he’d be f*****g murderous at least!

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:48 AM

@13 and @14:

It flipping annoys me a bit to see a lot of supporters on here just writing us off! Its as if their hate of all things Pardew is more important to them than the whole Club?

At times like these we see who are the real supporters of the club!
    Debuchy is right? We should be backing the Players and the club and Pardew, yes, Him too! to the hilt ! Thet need us more than ever now !

I wonder what the gate will be at our next home game?

• Whistler

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I wonder what games some people watch before they come on here and post…or indeed, do they even watch the games….

Neblexa
    You’re entitled to your opinion but you talk about the derby, unpredictability, not getting the rub of the green and a new manager…what you don’t mention is that our performance was a disgusting…
    You talk about all these positives from previous results….we’re in a relegation scrap and I’ve been to all but 7 games this season, where were all these positives from previous results? We’ve played garbage football all season and struggled to get results even when we’ve won….guess I must’ve spent more time in the bog than watching the games, I’ve completely missed all these positives.
    You dismiss the Man City game as predictable and Wigan as being down to officials but fail to mention that both performances were utter garbage…people need to put away the Alan Pardew book of excuses and take a deep intake of reality….performances get results and results get points….we are struggling to achieve this with a very talented group of players and this is worrying
    10th place you say?? I hope you’re right, but I somehow doubt it….

• RonVanDam

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:32 AM

The way we are playing, i think we will either finish 13th or 14th. I think Southampton, West Ham and possibly Wigan could finish ahead of us.

Just to comment on our style of play, we play a very pacey game in the first halves and thats where part of our problem also lies. Most of our players gas out by the end of the game. We have lots of quality midfielders and should play a possession based game using the width of the field to frustrate and wear out the opposition and then use that energy to tear the opposition apart in the final 30-20 mins of the game.

We could still use 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 Diamond Wide, 3-4-3 or 3-1-3-3 depending on who we are facing and the formation we’ll be playing against.

For this to work next season we’ll need really good wingers and 2 additional strikers. Maybe one of of AC’s calibre to give us a different option up front.

• Whistler

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Newexpatmagpie

I think people post on here to vent their feelings, I don’t think that calls to question someone’s credibility as a fan….we’re all fans and inside the ground while the games in progress the fans get behind the club home and away….after the game when the performance is reviewed then opinions are expressed…I personally want Pardew replaced in the summer but Ive always backed my club 100% home and away….have done at most games since 1977, and believe me ive seen some real crap down the years…standing in the pouring rain on a wet Wednesday night in a half full ground watching the lads get dumped out of the cup by Bournemouth is no picnic but by your reckoning I’m not a real fan??

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:42 AM

@23:

I accept that the patience of a lot of people is running out, but believe it or not? I still think we can grab the four points needed to be definitely safe?

Maybe i,me a supreme optimist, or just stubborn, i don,t know?
    This is one season, where we have sunk to a new low, culminating in the disaster last Sunday !
    As long as Pards is still manager i will be supporting him and the Lads!

Would,nt it be Ironic if in our last game of the season against QPR a Loic Remy goal at Loftus Road actually sends us down! Now that would really Piss me off!

• TheEPLnNBAfan

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:49 AM

@24

it wouldn’t happen cos we will be playing Arsenal. Wonder how we going to get points out of them when they will be trying their best for Champ League qualification.

• TheEPLnNBAfan

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:51 AM

ops my bad.

respond suppose to be for @26 instead of @24.

• Whistler

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Newexpatmagpie

Don’t get me wrong, I do think we’ll stay up….QPR and Reading are gone and I think we’ll dig out a few more points to stay above 1 or 2 others….but where we go from there is the big question

• SydneyMag

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:35 AM

I reckon give pardew till january transfer window next season, bring in these ‘purple’ players and start off the next season with (hopefully) a clean bill of health and see how things go. If the team is still underperforming then it’s definitely time to show alan the door, I’d argue that if we’re not top 8 by janurary it’s the job centre for pardew.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:44 AM

To be honest, I have stuck by Pardew and said give him time this season. It was the least he deserved after guiding us to 5th. In January I said now we have new players in, and the squad is stronger, then I want improvement for the remainder of the season IF he was to continue next year. We got an improvement, initially, we won our first away game, beat Chelsea, made it past a couple of tough rounds in Europe. But it seems to have dropped away again.

People saying let Pardew start next season, but surely rather than letting him have the start the decision needs to be made, he is either backed and given as much of next season as is palatable, or he goes and we come back to pre season with a new manager and coaching staff.

Personally, I haven’t seen enough significant improvement since January. But he, and every single player, will have my wholehearted support for the next 5 games. I can’t see Stoke getting away from this, I think they are in freefall, which is why I think we will survive.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Oh, and this talk of people not being real fans if they don’t support Pardew is utter nonsense. We all want the best for this club and to see it climbing back up the table. We will never all agree 100% on the way to do that. Every fan no matter how many games they get to, or whether they dislike someone at the club or not, is still a real fan.

• check the toastie

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Debuchy along with Goofy and Sissoko looked the bees Knees against Chelsea before Pardew could get his hands on them, they now look restricted and lacking, the manager is way out of his depth.

PARDEW OUT.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Check,
    I’m not sure I’d level that at Debuchy. Goofy I think flattered initially, and we are seeing more of his actual standard now. Socks doesn’t look the same player, but he has been moved from position to position constantly which doesn’t help.

We haven’t improve players after their arrival for at least 15 years, this isn’t just something we can level at Pardew. The only time we had a progressive coach on the staff was Steve Round, and he quickly left for Everton.

I’m not saying Pardew is progressive, he isn’t. I would be interested to know how much choice he had over the rest of his staff. If he chose them all, then it is his own fault.

Pardew out, well maybe come the summer. We have 5 games to play, and there is no point chopping and changing immediately. Whatever happens this summer, whether he stays or goes, the club need to reshuffle the entire coaching staff, and freshen it up or we will never be able to constantly produce good players for Ashley’s business model. I imagine he will realise this.

• one Tony Green

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I think we all need to take some deep breaths. Pardew could do himself a favour by keeping his clacker shut. He also needs to bite the bullet and drop the likes of Jonas, Tiote and Saylor all three are a liability.
    I have posted before that we are lucky that all the teams below us still have to play each other and will take points off each other.
    I hear what people are saying about backing the team but at the same time people have a right to point out the glaringly obvious. Our opponents must rub their hands when we get a corner. The problem with something as simple as the delivery of a corner has gone on unaddressed all season.
    I actually think we will beat West Brom 3 – 1 and think we will get at least 4 points out of our home games. If you get stuck into Arsenal they are weak and Liverpool have not scored in their lat few games.
    Come The Toon no more excuses.

Colo to come back and score the goal that keeps us up.

• JAMSHA

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:27 AM

On Sat Match Against WB We Need To ATTACK Every Sec….. A 3-0 Win To Us

• one Tony Green

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Have a squint at these fixtures lads and you will see that all the teams below us play each other and Wigan have a backlog of games as well players worrying about not getting injured for the cup final.

Toon Toon

• one Tony Green

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Nice one Jamsha

• TorqToon

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Howay lads, we arent really doubting Debuchy, Gouffran and Sissoko are we???

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Torq,
    I don’t think anyone is doubting them, but Check was pointing out that in his opinion they have gone backwards under Pardews stewardship. I think that is unfair, on Debuchy, and probably Socks given that he hasn’t had a settled position. Goofy I think flattered initially, and has now settled to his level, a solid squad player.