It Was So Difficult Watching Newcastle Lose – Ryan Taylor

Ryan Taylor has given an interview in the Newcastle journal today, and of course the Liverpudlian became a cult hero to Newcastle fans, when he scored that winning goal direct from a free-kick at Sunderland, back in August of 2011. Certainly those are happier memories than the complete disaster that happened on Sunday.

ryan taylor sunderland goal

Ryan Taylor – in happier times at Newcastle

Unfortunately Ryan is still not back from the ACL injury he picked up last August, in the home game against Atromitos, and we’d be very surprised if he plays any part in the last five games.

Ryan has opened up today, about how hard it was watching Newcastle, when we lost 10 games in 13 in the league, and we’re not  much better off at the moment, after the shocking loss to Sunderland.

This is what Ryan said:

“I knew what this club was all about when I walked through the door,” “But being in amongst the fans, you realise how much passion there is.” “To play for a club like this, it means the world to every player, but the fans look at it a lot differently.”

“It is their club. I have seen a different side to how players and fans relate to the club.” “When we were going through that winless period at Christmas, it was doing my head in as much watching as it was the players who were trying to win games.”

“They are my mates playing and trying to win. We were trying to win and not winning. It was a difficult period.” “Even though I was not part of the XI or on the bench, it was still affecting me because we were not winning games.”

“I was trying to help in any way I could in trying to give positive vibes around the place. It was a tough time.” “Through my career, I have enjoyed playing  many games of football, but I have hated missing out on games.”

“This injury has been like any other, I have hated every minute of it. I have hated not being with the boys and not playing too.” “The season hadn’t really started when the injury occurred.”

“We were just two games into the Premier League, we had qualified for Europe and then reality sets in, that you are going to miss the season. It was a right kick in the nuts. It was a hard one to take.”

“But it could have been worse. At least I’m back now so I know I am going to be ready for next season. “Had I done it now or around Christmas, I might have been looking at next Christmas before I could play first-team football again.”

We hope to see Ryan back fit and ready in pre-season, and hopefully Newcastle will still be in the Premier League, and will have brought some good players into the club by early July..

It will be a big opportunity for Newcastle to do some housekeeping on the squad in the summer, and we’ll see a number of fringe players leave the club – for sure.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Ryan mate, this season has been one kick in the nuts after the other.

Be good to have you back.

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM

We have missed his set peices. No one seems to be able to delliver the ball as acurately as him.

• lesh

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome Ryan.

• John Tudor

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM

he is not gonna come out and tell of disruption in club or is he?

• Beattie25 - Anti Pardew Crew

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Re post:

Ibiza

It makes me sick to say this but…we need to steal wins. Blurgggghhhh.

There is no point with 5 games to go to attack it all guns blazing. We need to fight, scrap and win every 50/50. This is a dig fight where 1 win and 1 draw will do it.

We must be rigid, hard to beat and unsettle the flair teams such as Liverpool and Arsenal.

If we win and draw our next 2 then yeah, all out attack for the final 3. But on Saturday we need to fight rather than dance around the ring. Mohammad Ali was the epitome of the this. He knew when to dance and knew when to fight.

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM

What’s with the attitude this morning, John?

• John Tudor

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM

or is it ” we wont get fooled again”

• Beattie25 - Anti Pardew Crew

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Raylor is a good free kick taker but remember we haven’t scored a corner for nearly 2 seasons.

That to me shows its not just the quality of the ball into the box, it’s the movement, tactics and training that make us fail so often at corners.

This season we have been no better than a training ground match for all teams.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Beattie…Agree completely. It’s hard to get your head around seeing as we’ve not played attractively and not got results this season, but we haven’t carried out that game plan to good effect either.

Now’s the time to get that defensive plan tight.

• TorqToon

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Optimist alert !!!!!!!

Been doing some workings out of the league table and fixtures for this week (sad I know…) but just realised how huge a win would be against west brom. 3 points and with the other results going how they should, we would find ourselves on 39 points and 12th place. 8 points clear of the relegation zone and 5 points clear of the next 3 spots filled by Villa, stoke and the scum. Plus 2 points off the top 10.

A draw would see us on 37points, 6 points off the drop and 3 points off the next 3 spots.

Obviously there could be some freak results, but I’ve gone off the following;

Fulham getting nothing from Chelsea and arsenal
    West Ham taking 3 points from Man U and Wigan games
    Norwich beating reading
    Scum losing to Everton
    Stoke losing to QPR
    Villa losing at man utd
    and Wigan taking nothing from citeh and WHU.

This is all irrelevant if we don’t take anything from our next game! Hopefully we will come at west brom like a wounded animal.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Season ticket renewal just come through the letterbox – Ouch

• John Tudor

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM

i was unaware my comments have an attitude merely getting out of bed the wrong side it is a blog i have my opinions am i not allowed to share this is dark time believe me

• John Tudor

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM

. , ., ?

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Torq…The season is far from over and we are still better positioned than many. It all comes down to who is up for it more. Based on Sunday I can see where fans are worried, but it is not over yet mate.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Charlie…Talk about good timing.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM

beattie

Martin O’neil was renowned for set piece goals when at villa. He said he never did anything special.

All he did was get somebody who could put the ball into a dangerous area 8/9 out of 10 and with pace of it…then he would let his players decide for themselves where to attack. It worked for him.

I think with players of the height we now have, cisse, taylor, mbiwa, colo, sissoko….all 6ft plus we should be able to win our fair share if a good ball is played in.

The issue for me is most corners are poor and there is no pace/accuracy…when you only get 1/2 good balls in out of 10 the odds will never be in your favour.

Maybe we don’t practice enough but when we do try something different, cut backs and balls to edge of box, it almost works, been very close, try it more and it might get a goal

• Beattie25 - Anti Pardew Crew

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Taylor is a good bench player but I can’t see any room for him, can anyone else?

I mean I love him to bits but he want get many games if we improve the squad further.

It’s players like him that people love to show loyalty towards yet really we need to improve upon to progress. There is no shame in being so cutting and to the point.

I know a lot will disagree but with 2 left backs in the squad I can see him playing second fiddle to Debuchy until we get another Haidara, a young RB with bags of potential.

Sorry Ryan but that’s football. Fail to upgrade and you’d left with windows 95 whilst your competitors are flashing around their macs.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:42 AM

TorqToon
    I done the same with the worst scenario toon not getting a poin…. BUT

Mystic Charlie’s Doom and Gloom calculator (worst scenario) Newcastle will go down on 36pts will go to the last day of the season
    1pt behind Wigan

draw v Everton
    win v Stoke
    Draw v Southampton = 39pts

Newcastle
    loose all 36pts

Yes – there will be a shock reult or 2 in the run in
    But – Goes to show if we had got a point at Wigan we would of bben safe on my Doom and Gloom calculator

A win in the last 5 will make us safe – hopefully
    A draw would make it interesting
    I think 38/39 pts will make 1 club safe out of the above 6 clubs.

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Torq… id probably expect stoke to gef something from qpr but appartfrom that idagree with you predictions. I still think we should get 5 points at least from our run in.

• TorqToon

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Ibiza – It wasn’t the defeat that got to us all, bit the manner it went down the opposition! I’ve had nothing but grief from makems since then…and hope more than anything we bounce back and show our true quality.

• Beattie25 - Anti Pardew Crew

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Torq

I think we’ll stay up, but if we lose this weekend it could be a long road back.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM

we are 13th now…presuming QPR and reading are down (too far adrift) then that leaves one place

there are teams 14-18th (5) below us…i don’t think 5 teams will outperform us over the season to send us down. It wont be easy, it wont be pretty but we will be safe i think.

Beattie

from previous – i didn’t mean take handbrake off now and go all out, just meant play with a little more intent, like wigan do when they get in trouble and usually manage to escape. But mainly for next year, pards has had us play good football before, so if he can consistently next year i will be happy. Still prefer and upgrade as i don’t feel he will attack as it’s not in his nature to do it every week (or most weeks)…but would love him to prove me wrong.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Beattie…Normally I would completely agree. But….that is also how I felt about Guthrie and Best.

Tricky balancing act, but no R. Taylor is not really a starter considering the players we already have.

• Beattie25 - Anti Pardew Crew

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Transfer

I know what you’re saying but more so to that point is the variety of the set pieces. We need to hit them into a dangerous area but have the right direction when they find their way there. Mix it up a little too.

Pardew is a hit and hope manager and that has crept into the team.

• TorqToon

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Mark – Yeah that game could go either way. Would say QPR have more quality, but Stoke can get a result effectively send QPR down.

Charlie – Yeah I read that recently, worrying times. I tried to bring some light to the blog today! Haha

• Beattie25 - Anti Pardew Crew

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Transfer

I know what your saying but Wigan have a manager who has given the confidence to play that way and they are used to doing so every season. Pardew has been in a relegation scrap once and that was with Charlton and he didn’t inspire them to anything.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Markaccus

Lets get this right. You feel offended but you can say what you like about me. Well if that works for you I suppose. Rank hypocrisy though.

Obviously you don’t regard fellow posters with very much interest if they don’t share your views. You’re targeting me, but if you look you will see

Myself
    Catchy
    Beattie
    Check the toastie
    Stuart 9
    Munster rmag
    Cockney mapgpie

to name just a few who are fed up with it Pardew. So if you’re going to run somebody down as consistently as you do me, at least get your facts in order.

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM

John…. but you were not realy expressing any opinion, thats the issue. Your coments were totally devoid of any constructed argument aseither way and uttely lacking in relation to any of the articles

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Torq…I agree. Whilst our performances this year have left a lot to be desired, that game was by far the worst for me. I’m talking performance only and what a fixture to do it in.

I know no mackems here, so been a little less painful for me on a day to day basis.

• Beattie25 - Anti Pardew Crew

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Ibiza

Guthrie and Best were sold and not replaced. That’s why we miss them.

Don’t sell Raylor for selling sake but if the right option came along we should sell him.

I know Ashley wouldn’t so there’s no pint talking about it. But even post injury and the fact he’s 29 I reckons he’d be worth £4 million to a Norwich, West Ham or a Villa.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Beattie

And at west ham too before he was removed. Tevex and Maccherano dropped for Harewood and Mullins fiasco. Yeah what were Tevez and Masch ever going to do in the game !!!

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Beattie…True. Ashley out or do we have enough on our hands at the minute?

• Beattie25 - Anti Pardew Crew

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Ibiza and Torq

The manner of the loss has been replicated through out the season. Where we just roll over against weakened opposition. The surprise this time was who it was against.

Upon reflection for me I kind of knew it was coming but in the same way never e pelted it.

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Ryan Taylor over the wall…. an’ sold to Liverpool as piece-meal for Carroll ….. (Thats not the chant is it?) 🙂

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM

TorqToon
    Yeah worrying times – lets keep our fingers and other bits crossed we pull out a display we have been waiting for all season

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM

This is a good illustration of how deep we play

I’d expect that we’d at least have more than four players on average in the oppositions half or at least have cabaye further forward.

• John Tudor

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM

no one sticks to the article headline on here believe me my opinion is pardew is devoid of any constructive thought on how to to win we are in a sorry state in his guidance and look at the betting after this weeks games

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Rotonda. There you go again deliberately mis interpreting my posts. Also the other posters you have mentioned dont try and belittle the people on the other side of the argument with subtle little digs. You may think they are hidden but i can pick them out. My point is simple…… your oppinion on pardew is noted and just as valid as mine (but not more so). There is no need to re-post it every time you get the chance. THATS why you get dogs abuse, and that is why i dont like you. I will waste no more time on explaining this as i know you will find a way to twist it around somehow….maybe even blame pardew for it. I will not lower myself any further to reply to you.

• Puppet Pardew's Brainlessness

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Time for a clear out. Pardew to league 1 and take Williamson with him (although he might struggle there). Bring in a recently qualified manager with no prior in the premier league for a fresh outlook.
    with that manager and our players we’ll be in Europe every year and are certain to win a cup! 100% foolproof plan

• Beattie25 - Anti Pardew Crew

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Rotunda

True. He was ‘bleeding’ them into the squad and moving West Ham into the relegation dog fight because of it.

Ibiza

Ashley out 100%. If Pardew deserves to go so does Ashley and Del Boy. But a club owner can’t be forced out without massive up evil, protests and demonstrations and to be fair he has tried to save his club by spending in Jan. A review for the contribution of the owner and MD will likely say ‘mistakes were made and errors have been learnt from’. A review for the manager will be a lot more damaging.

1 2 3 7