Newcastle Fan Apologizes To Bud – The Horse He Punched

Newcastle United were furious with the fans who started a fracas on Sunday, after the loss to Sunderland, to made a very bad day – even worse.

ud

Bud – the horse who was punched – but he’s doing OK

And we had scenes of a Newcastle fan punching a horse – well would you believe it – and the next day the Yorkshire Constabulary were quick to point out that Bud, the handsome horse in question, was OK and relaxing in his stall.

Here’s a video of Bud being molested:

[youtube id=”lIY7qTUd5xY” mode=”normal” align=”left”]

Barry Rogerson, 45, was the fan who punched Bud and he has today personally apologized to Bud:

“I would like to apologise to the horse, to all the mounted section, to people of the North East.” “I am on medication and had been drinking, but that does not excuse what happened.”

“I reacted stupidly. I did not go out to attack a horse.” “I love animals – I’ve got three dogs, a fish pond out the back and I feed foxes across the road.”

Rogerson will now be banned for life from St. James’ Park, as Derek LLambias is furious and wants to stop the bad publicity these fans caused for Newcastle United around the world on Sunday afternoon.

The horse is said to have been startled when a fire cracker went off just in front of him, and Inspector Trevor Thackray, from the mounted police section, had this report on Bud:

“We are pleased to say that Bud is totally fine and resting up after Sunday’s eventful operation in Newcastle. Our police horses are used to dealing with all types of disorder so, while the images on the news may have looked shocking, Bud wasn’t hurt.”

Hopefully Rogerson will think twice before punching a horse again.

And late news just in – Bud has accepted Rogerson’s apology.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Do you think he’s actually generally sorry or just sorry he’s been spotted and ridiculed? Im guessing the latter.

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Ibiza…. Only 9 here i expect a pick me up in a hour 😉

Its actually really sad when in reality giving them a goal kick would result in us being more likely to score. Blame it on pards? Ah i am anyway why’d i ask 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Rainrix…I imagine he’s pretty sorry about the event now, who wouldn’t be? Whether brought on from shame or guilt is a good question though.

Honestly, punching a horse, words fail me.

• TorqToon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Is it safe to talk??

Don’t have to go to ‘imaginary work’ today and took time away from this place yesterday to calm down.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Rainrix…Yes, but this is “ibizas 10am piece of optimism”, not in your sunny slice of paradise.

To be clear though:

This has been Ibizas 10am (GMT+1) piece of optimism. Stay tuned for further updates and apologies for being slightly late.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Torq…Pleased to see you back so soon.

So far so good. I think people were / are still seriously hurting from the result. Doesn’t make it right, but I don’t think it was anything personal.

Amazing how some let go of their anger, from abusing posters to horses, mad world we live in.

• jimmysmith

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I wonder where exactly the gentleman struck the beast.

Was it on the nose?

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Ibiza… Did you notice the hand gestures he did towards the horse? Honestly we aren’t dealing with a smart guy here 🙂

Oh and i thrive on continuity ibiza, my body clocks thrown and i cant breathe anymore. Also ta for brining up the weather, couldn’t resist a dig 😉

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Morning All – Carroll to the Toon is great news… I think we really do need him… mind you – I think we should ban him from the city centre… I do agree that it might be devisive to have it back up but at a cheaper price than we sold is good business all day long… We need to score from a corner too as we havnt since last season I think…

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM

ibiza
    play as a team
    sadly we could take a leaf out of the way the mackems played.

When attacking get 3 or 4 up field quickly to help Cisse with
    When defending get back quickly to sit in front of our defenders.

Takes us half an hour to turn defence into attack to many touches on the ball

We seem to do neither

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Torq… I’d put your thick skin on, its only early no doubt some degenerates will show up shortly 🙂

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Punched a horse on the way into work today… “…Self-Defense” and I’m sticking to it…

• Rotonda heights

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Bringing back Carroll would be the final straw for me. It’s a get out of jail card for a manager who’s been found wanting when he can’t get some really skilful players to gel in his stiflingly negative defensive hoof ball tactics with everyone out of position and his favourites aways playing no matter what.

If Pardew is still here next season we have hugely failed as a club to do the right thing.

Carroll is for a Pulis and Allardyce team, but then Pardew is most definitely in that category sadly. Wish we had Swansea’s chairman when it comes to picking managers and style.

• Ben3arfa

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Punching a horse is a pretty stupid thing to do . But pretty funny also hahaha

I hope Bud accepts his apology though

Move on to football issues now please

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Rotonda – Do you not think he would give us some options… we wouldnt have to play him from the start – just to give us some options… although you are right – it is quite depressing seeing as Norwich pulled off VanWolfswinkel… and at 8.5m (Where were we for that deal?)

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Rainrix…Perhaps he’s some sort of horse whisper, but more a horse gesture…r? Maybe the horse was rude to him first?

More to the point, we probably shouldn’t be trying to find humour in this. Sorry all.

However, I’m not sorry for the dig. It used to playful, but now it’s meant to hurt, such is war my friend 🙂

Charlie…Attack as a group and then defend as a group…quickly. Genius sir!

• TorqToon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Ibiza – Yeah I agree. And maybe I took too much to heart, maybe the straw that broke the camels back. But seemed a shame to stay away, u actually enjoy talking to most people on here.

Had a gloating phonecall from a friend who has said that a colleague journo of his has finally printed some accurate info regards Andy Carroll and Newcastle. Told him I though Liverpool would NEVER accept £7mil for the lad, but he remains defiant that it’s as good as done. Apparently Andy’s mood has improved greatly knowing he is coming home.

This could couple with his improvement in form for west ham, but who knows. I would take him back for £7mil, bit wouldnt go much higher.

• lewytoon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM

judging on how Pardew has done here and at southampton and how Hughton has done at Birmingham and Norwich, who do you think is the better manager?

• tunearmy

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM

“Rogerson said he had pulled a scarf over his face because a filling had fallen out of a front tooth.”

Aye Right!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Ibza
    Easy ain’t it – all this tactic shit drives me nuts!!!!

• jimmysmith

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Geez, he must have been seriously pissed or he’s a total dunce. He just stands his ground calmly with a large mounted horse coming at him at pace and throws what appears to be a fairly collected blow directly at it’s nose.

Astonishing, I’m so proud!

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Rotonda….that is you opinion. Dont dictate to others. Some agree with you some dont. If you cant see that carroll is way more than s long ball player then that is your problem.

• TorqToon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Rain – I’m sure you are right, my friend.

Water off a ducks back today. 🙂

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM

lewytoon – You’d have to say Houghton – who also had a successful apprecenticeship with spurs for 15 years as a coach…

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Ibiza… I wouldn’t find it funny usually, but its so pathetic i just cant help but laugh, but seeing as the horse is ok i dont see why not. I imagine his handlers are having a good laugh about it now as it is.

Find suit yourself. You know we’ve never actually had any proof you’re in ibiza i have a feeling you’re just so depressed at the weather you’ve warped your reality to make it seem like you’re in ibiza. Explains your constant negativity 😉

• tunearmy

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Knacker reckons he’s Mongo from blazing saddles

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Torq… Best way mate heres a piece of advice i adhere to:

“Never argue with an idiot on the internet, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience” 😉

• tunearmy

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Anyone see the cheeky squirt by Mirallas last night? Hilarious… was expecting Wiltshere to go down…

• lewytoon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM

definitely Hughton, he had Birmingham doing very well and now Norwich are above us and dont have as good players

• TorqToon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Rain – Thanks man, appreciate the advice. 🙂

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Torq. I missed whatever went on, but wasn’t surprised to ser there had been more trouble. Either way glad you didn’t stay away on account of spiteful pratts

• Ancientcoptic

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:34 AM

What is truly sad is that this man did not even punch the horse.

I have watched this many times over and it is clear as day he did not punch the horse, nor was he attempting too.

The rag media has already hung him for this crime; so it would be turned into an even bigger witch-hunt if he denied it.

Wiser people that can study evidence will know better.

I am not excusing the behaviour of attacking a police man on a horse, but for goodness sake, what is wrong with people that they cannot interpret simple events?

The old band-wagon headline readers will believe anything before looking at evidence and judging for themselves.

For anyone still in doubt, I adjure you – take a look at this & judge for yourself.

Not the camera angle is deceptive, notice how the strike follows through past the horse?

The horse flinches at the same time as the supporter attempts to hit the police officer, making it look like the horse was hit, but, it is bleeding obvious he didn’t.

It it wrong to hang a man for a crime he did not commit. This man has to live his life with this label now.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Torq…Generally when it starts on here, it’s best just to walk away for a little bit. Truth is, we’re all addicted and one person having a go is unlikely to keep us away.

Interesting news about Carroll. Time will tell, but at that price I’d have zero objections.

Charlie…Too easy 🙂 The really frustrating bit and a huge reason as to why I’ve given Pardew so much time is we’ve seen him and these players do it. It seems to purely come down to confidence / bottle. He needs to grow a pair though at the end of the day.

Lewy…I’m not sure there is much in it to be honest. I could argue that Hoots lost control of the players a bit too much.

Rainrix…Good point, the horse might have even had a little chuckle at it now.

Proof? 🙂 If that makes you feel better mate, I am happy to allow you the delusion that I am delusional and not really in Ibiza.

• one Tony Green

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM

@Torq Not spoken to you before but nice to see you back fella.

As for the guy who punched the horse what a bulls knacker

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM

AncientCoptic – are you a lawyer? 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Ancientcoptic…Not sure there picture shows anything at all. He’s just stood near the horse. Granted watching the about video it isn’t clear what really happens. However, if he hadn’t hit the horse and as you say there is proof to show he didn’t, why wouldn’t the man fight it?

He could have said, overall I was out of order, pills and drink etc, however i did not hit a horse and here I’ll show you that.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM

the picture*

• Ancientcoptic

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Sorry about that, the gif link I used is not working.

You can see it here & working.

• one Tony Green