Ryan Taylor Inundated With Messages Of Support

The tragic news was announced this afternoon, that Ryan Taylor has suffered another ACL knee injury, after he hadn’t even returned to the first team, after suffering the same injury last August.

ryan taylor action shot 99

Ryan Taylor – in happier times at Newcastle

It’s   a severe blow to Ryan, who will now probably miss most – if not all – of next season.

It seems that on Wednesday afternoon and evening, Ryan has been inundated with messages of support from Newcastle’s fans.

On his twitter account this is what Ryan said on Wednesday night:

“Before and I’ll be back 1 day in the near future. Once again thank you for your support, it means so much to me.”

“Thanks for all the supportive messages everyone. It means a lot. For me it’s just another hurdle to overcome in my career. I’ve been here.”

If you’d like to send Ryan a message of support that will help him through this difficult time – here’s his twitter account.

Ryan has so far played 91 times for Newcastle, since signing on from Wigan in January of 2009, and we are hoping he will be able to add a lot to that total, before he finishes his career at our club.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• RonVanDam

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM

1st hahaha (Evil laugh)

• ginola_tonic

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Second lol. I sent him a message.

• RonVanDam

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Hope he gets better. Injuries are never a good thing and dont wish them on anybody. Just hoping he doesnt turn out like Alan Smith when he returns

• arctoa

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM

It’s saddening, but his career as a Premiership player is probably over at this point: two years out is a long way back. If Wigan get relegated he’ll probably end up back there; they have a soft spot for old-boys. Either way, I wish him well.

• AMEOBI

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Sent him all the best wishes.. Our miss this season has been Raylor, without a doubt one of our best players.. come back stronger lad!!

• curmon

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Which ACL is it ? the one that was previously damaged or the one in the other knee. this detail is critical if one is to be totally objective about this injury. So far i have read so many posts from people who emote without understanding the essence of the problem.

• SydneyMag

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:35 AM

man up taylor and walk it off

• RonVanDam

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

@Curmon

I see your point. But at this point of his career any injury is epidemic. If its in the same knee, then he now has a glass knee, if its the other knee then he has two weak legs. Less strength, wont be able to as fast as before, kick the ball in a different angle, there are some factors.
    No one fully recovers from a injury, at odd points of your life they will give you trouble. He should train and play with knee braces to prolong his football career.

• RonVanDam

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:49 AM

* there are so many factors.

Trying to comment at work without getting caught lol

• p

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Tough road back

We have missed the solidness he brings to the team. Pretty underrated player me thinks.

• ilovetoon8788

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Andy Carroll was immense for west Ham today. Man Utd couldn’t handle him at all. He’s so strong in the air and he’s pretty decent with his left foot as well. The 25 yard dipping shot was awesome to see. Too bad it didn’t go in.

I’d have him back in heartbeat. Better than shola on the bench. Nuff said.

And his knockdown for vaz Te goal was nice to watch. I can see him doing those was Cisse.

Get him in.

• p

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:53 AM

He will be too expensive for our liking

• Mister Tuff

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:05 AM

p I’ve been saying for months if nobody else puts a bid in for him he’s headed back to SJP.
    Torq Toon mentioned he had heard rumours that he was returning as well.
    I also predict that he will regain the England no 9 shirt. once he gets back.

• p

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:27 AM

hmmm MT.

I think he would like to come back and Pard’s would like him back too but, I just think a second tier prem team will make him a marquee signing and pay more than us.

I think he would no doubt strengthen the side. I think Brendon Rogers is a bit of a knob for not persevering with him.

• jimmysmith

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Wow, imagine the suppport he’d get then if we sincerely thought he was any good.

Ok, Ok, that was was a wee bit offside. A little ungracious.

True though.

• ilovetoon8788

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Carroll fits Pardews preference of football. Which is defensive and playing hoofball.

Right now we lump it upfront but cisse lacks the presence and height to make anything out of it.

And we have a much better team now then when Carroll left us. More intelligent players like cissoko and goofy who can make something of Carroll hold up play.

Carroll practically bulldozed man utd defence yesterday. And they played to his strengths. I didn’t want him all along but after watching him play yesterday I’m more than happy with him coming back.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:09 AM

Absolutely gutted for tayls!! Genuinely missed him this season, certainly missed his graft against the mackems, that and he and debuchy seem to be the only players we have who can cross!

• 89Norcal

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:14 AM

@16

We havent played hoofball for months now. Think it’s time to dead that argument. Just because we do 3 long kicks a game doesn’t mean we’re playing hoofball.

However, Tiote has been doing his best to get us there again. I lost count how many wayward long balls he put out vs Sunderland.

Carroll would address an enormous problem; our lack of goals from corners. For 7m, I wouldnt mind having him for hold up play and to boss it and draw the DMs and CBs a la Drogba. Plus he’s not the worst finisher (at least when he played for us).

• Puppet Pardew's Brainlessness

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:06 AM

@norcal I totally agree. Every time Carroll comes up I say I’d have him back. His heading ability is second to none and on his day he totally bosses defences with his raw power. The boy could do good for us and cisse could pick up the knock ons or knock downs (a la Nolan).
    I have a feeling west ham may sign him permanently

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Morning lads…

Carroll would give us something we don’t currently have, which would be useful for certain aspects of our game. I’d have him back.

Agree with PPB and a few others that it may be difficult though, he does seem to have picked up a bit of form and if figures are around £7m then I can see at least West Ham wanting to keep him.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:15 AM

For Carroll to score from corners we need someone who can put a half decent corner in more then once in a blue moon. Also, if we bring him back, where is his supply coming from? Certainly not our current wide players. Which leaves just his hold up play, so we want to negate the good passing footballers in the side and go back to being more direct? Might as well let Cabaye, Socks, HBA Marveaux etc leave if that is the plan. Bring Nolan back as their isn’t any beter than him at feeding off knock downs, he has s
    done it his whole career.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:18 AM

That all went a bit dodgy at the end, not to mention the spelling. Time for a coffee…

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Morning Ibiza,

Yeah, Carroll would give us another option off the bench, and a plan B. I don’t want to spend 7million+ on a ‘plan B’ though. We could get someone to be part of a plan a attack for that money.

Also, what if (some) fans get their wish and we get a continental style manager in or even assistant, who says that they won’t have the same opinion as Rodgers. Personally I would prefer us to continue to buy talented footballers, and get in a bit more pace to the side.

If he comes back, I hope he does well and he will have my full support, but the last time he was here, and now at West Ham, the team is built to play to his strengths. Can we say the team is like that now?

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Lilongwe…

I would say a winger or two has to be on our list this summer regardless of Carroll coming or not.

I don’t think Carroll has to play in a direct only fashion tbh, but I get there is a huge temptation to use him that way and time will tell if that would be the main tactic.

I also don’t think he would need to start each game. Clubs are meant to have different strikers to allow rotation and give us options. Currently we just don’t have that.

Carroll with Cisse could quite easily create some space for Cisse, something Ba did a fair bit of from that LW last season.

There are many things, from some personnel, tactics, training etc that do need shaking up, but I don’t agree that Carroll returning would definitely mean going or sticking to a direct approach only.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:26 AM

As for Krul rumours, I think it would take a lot more than 12million. There were reports of bids as high as 20mill last summer, so now he has a new contract why would it drop. I could see us letting Santon go though, as we seem to be linked with other left backs despite Haidara arriving.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Lilongwe….It’s hard at this stage, no one knew with any certainty what Ashley was planning this summer anyway and even less so now.

It’s really hard to call across the board, I’m really just saying I wouldn’t object to Carroll being part of our plan. Still, there is a lot of football still to be played and a lot of decisions to be made after.

As per usual, I don’t expect this to be a dull summer for the toon, not sure if that’s good or bad at this point.

• Patoon

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Think Carroll would do wel, but we also need at least 1 more top striker, Carroll isn’t just dangerous from set plays but could b a real danger from play 2 if the rite balls wer being swung in2 the box so we def need, if Carroll was lurking in the area when a ball is cumn in he creates panic and would free up Cisse wheather the ball is in the air or on the deck but the problem is getting them balls in, our team is not being coached 2 do this

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Patoon…Exactly, we really need two strikers. I’m all for a pacy technical one, but I think with Carroll as well we’d be fairly well set.

• Patoon

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Pardew would prob play Andy Carroll at right back

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Ibiza,
    I don’t think it does mean sticking to a direct style, but that is where he would be most effective. Surely we should be looking to play to common strengths throughout the team.

I also agree that we need strengthening in terms of having the ability to rotate and drop/rest players.

Your point about Carroll creating space for Cisse and relating it to Ba I find a bit of an odd one. Carroll isn’t going to play left wing, which is the only time that really worked with Ba left wing and Cisse through the middle. When they played up front together they were an awful pairing.

Maybe their is someone with a bit more knowledge of Cisse’s past, who can tell us the type of striker he played alongside at his previous clubs.

I hope you are right on the wingers, and think at least 1 will arrive.

As for it being tempting to hit it long, well that depends on how Pardew wants to play, and I’m not sure Pardew is certain on that yet. Although there’s others on this blog will tell you he is from the same stock as the Tw@in the cap and Fat Sam.

• Patoon

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I would love 2 c us sign Shane Long from West Brom, think he’s a real top player and don’t think he would b that expensive but then again is he 2 similar 2 Campbell who is supposed 2 b very good, r we gonna c him being used next season

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Patoon,
    Exactly, but who is swinging the balls into the box from the current squad. Debuchy looks the only half decent crosser, particularly with Raylor out again.

Again, I agree, more than 1 striker is needed, partly so Campbell can be loaned out. But, buying 2 centre backs, 2 strikers, a right back (Simmo gone, Raylor out) and then wide men to get it in the box we are looking at 6 players, not including the younger lads to fill out the development squad.

I would love for Ashley to do this but…. I just think we would be better served going big on a pacy technical striker and spending less on a youngster as a target man/other option. 5million for Carroll and I would be more then happy for the deal, more than that cuts into other transfers potentially.

• jimmysmith

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:46 AM

7 million is far too little for Andy Carroll.

The figure isn’t to be taken seriously, unless Liverpool are entirely desperate to get him off the payroll and the bidder is also willing to meet his wage demands. Which surely we wouldn’t.

Also, would you take a 20 to 30 k a week pay cut voluntarily.

It all seems a very long bow, sadly.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Patoon,
    Carroll started at the club as a very poor left back. Carver and Roeder changed him to a stiker. Maybe he could do a job at Right back, although let’s not start a discussion about wrong sided full backs!! 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Lilongwe….A lot will depend on Ashley and then Pardew and what the actual plan is.

My comparison with Ba is not to say they will be like for like or play in the same position. Key problem with Ba and Cisse in the 4-4-2 is they wouldn’t work together. If there is to be a partnership it needs to have both players working together.

My comparison was really only to highlight that with two goal scoring threats, defenders are naturally pulled away and it creates space for the other. But obviously they’d need to work together, not be in the same space of going for the same balls like a pair of 10 year olds like our boys at the start of this season. I think a huge part of that was Ba trying to get himself in the shop window. Whilst it annoyed me, thank god we had his goals this season.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Danny Graham was 5 million, he has a better record over the last 2 years then Carroll. I’m not saying Graham is outstanding, but on Carrolls recent form 7million is not a bad price. If Liverpool hadn’t (stupidly in hindsight) paid 35million, then people would probably think 7 was a bit high.

• jimmysmith

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Carroll is a young English international center forward, with unique and commanding abilities who as recently as last night rocked Man U’s defense and not for the first time.

He’s worth no less than 12. It’s the wages that are the greatest stumbling block.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Ibiza,
    I get your point about having the 2 goalscoring threats, and all teams need more then 1, hell, the top teams generally have 3/4 (except Barca who have Messi). And you are right, Ba wanted a big move, so was being greedy, although having seen some of Cisse’s finishing and touch since Ba left, was it that he just didn’t have faith in him to pass to him?

I think IF and it is possibly the biggest if at the club, Vukic can stay fit and can get back to where he was then we will see him play up their. He is a big strong lad, although seemingly made of glass, and has great touch and that bit of class about him. I think Pardew and the staff had him down to be a major part of our attacking intent this season, which we were robbed of.

• lesh

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:00 AM

And for Raylor to be injured again and while recovering from his last injury just beggars belief.

Surely we’ve got big big problems n our fitness, training and coaching departments? Maybe the whole structure and staffing needs to be reviewed with a view to minimising injuries – especially jn training – and building upon and better exploiting the undoubted skills our played have.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Lilongwe….I agree on Vukic (or whatever the spelling is 🙂 ). Could be a really useful player if he stays fit.

Back on Ba and whether he thought Cisse couldn’t do it, don’t buy that for a second. I think a big problem for Cisse is momentum has been taken away and his confidence has taken a hiding, along with the team. He can recapture that form and slowly is imo.

Jimmy…I’d be shocked if we can get him near the £7m, hence my if we can, then do it! Considering he’s English around £10-12m would seem within the norm. Wages will all come down to what his options are and how he values his career. He’s still young and can recapture something, doesn’t want to be wasting the next few years of his career mind, what value does that have? Time will tell.