Young Newcastle Defender Likely To Start At West Brom

One of the surprises Alan Pardew made with his team selection against Sunderland was to play Argentine Jonas Gutierrez at left back – and we thought at the time he was going for experience.

massadio Haidara clutching his knee

Massadio in pain after that terrible tackle

And since then the Newcastle manager, who has come in for some heavy criticism after the worst defeat by Sunderland since way back in 1979, said he didn;t know how young French left back Haidara would have reacted in such a tense game.

But we expect Massadio Haidara to start at West Brom on Sunday, and he played well last Thursday ion his comeback game against Benifca, before he was replaced in the second half.

The Newcastle manager needs to stop putting square pegs in round holes and the West Brom game now becomes vital as we are still not safe from relegation.

Haidara was the recipiant of that  terrible tackle at Wigan from McManaman, and he has  said he thought his career may have been over – but he was lucky, and he’s back playing again, and looks as good as ever.

This is what the French U21 International said in the local press today:

“It’s a real pleasure to be back from injury – I really think that my durability will be better now,” “I thought my season was over after what happened at Wigan, but I’m delighted to be able to play again this season.

“The team really needs all of the players available for the last few games, and I’m ready and available to help the team.” “Of course we were very, very disappointed on Sunday,”

“The players, the staff, and everyone at the club are disappointed, because we all know that it was a very important game for Newcastle.”

“We needed the three points, but the first thing we do now is think about the West Brom game.” “We really need to win this game – we want to win it for the fans.”

“If we can do that and stay in the Premier League this season, we will look to end it as high up the table as possible.”

A win is what we need on Saturday, but it will be very tought, although we won there rather easily last season by a score of 3-1.

But the manager, coaches and players are now under the microscope, for an unbelievable result on Sunday, which was completely humiliating for Newcastle fans.

Only a win is an acceptable result on Saturday afternoon, if things are be put right quickly, and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Massadio has played 6 times for Newcastle since arriving from Nancy for £2M in January, as one of the best young defenders in France.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Should have started last Sunday too… arrrgghhhhh

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM

ichrisho… In hindsight yeah but to be fair jonas had a couple of good games against benfica and fulham at LB. Still i would’ve had haidara starting but as we know pards has his favourites 😐

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM

With Rainrix here. All too easy to say he should have started, but Jonas had just had to blinding games.

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Yeah I guess youre right Rainrix… Its just that waht I saw of this Hiadara lad – he seems really accomplished in his position… Was Jonas not the Vice-Captain – I just wondered how the team felt that Cabaye got the Arm-band? We really missed Collo last Sunday… Yanga looked nervous all game… Something I dont if it was mentioned.. (Collo I mean)

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Something interesting about managers salaries within the PL

It looks out of date though, anyone know where you can find an up to date version?

At the time Pardew was apparently on £500k annually. Well below other managers. Be interesting to know what then change to that was after the 8 year contract.

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Antiseptic or whatever from last post…. he admits he hit the horse. There is a close up of him hitting bud sqaire on the nose somewhere. I will try and find it.

• one Tony Green

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Ed bonny lad slow down I am trying to talk to Ibiza.

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Ibiza – Thats a whopping 41k a month… thats awful to say most of his players are getting that a week… surely that cant be right… is there any truth to what “they” say about Pardew owing Ashley money from Casino debt? Or is that just nonsense… ? Maybe that is why he is on low wage..

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM

ichrisho…. Well by the looks of things haidaras going to be brilliant he’s awesome now at 21. About the captaincy im sure tiote got it after cabaye i think? I cant really remember but i think thats what happened. I’ve pretty much repressed all my memories from that day 🙂 But jonas has been the go to vice captain in the past but its been cabs recently.

• one Tony Green

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Cannot believe we are discussing the clown who allegedly hit the horse. Think we need move on it was just embarrassing.

• TorqToon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM

One tony green – Thanyou sir. Nice to finally talk.

Mark – It was probably something and nothing, advised hatembetterthanmessi just to talk about something other than the pardew OUT stuff all the time and got laid into, labelled and liar and told to get a job. Took it to heart rather than laugh it off. Time away to chill was what was needed.

Ibiza – Totally agree. 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM

One tony green…Ed waits for no one!

Re-Post…

One Tony Green…Old enough for sure. Many families do come here in the holidays and it accommodates them fine, not sure I’d say it’s the best place for kids though. It’s close, has sun and beaches, but not “meant” for kids so to speak.

Sounds like I’m talking you out of it now 🙂

Basically, for kids it’s neither here nor there. You’d have a great time, probably like any other family tourist destination. Don’t be worried about problems though, been here 8 years and I’ve personally never had any bother.

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

This shows the blow landing on the horses nose. You can see it depressing buds muzzle. On the video the horses head rears upbat apparent point of impact.

• TorqToon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

On Haidara, he is probably the one player, since come into the side, that we truly missed when unavailable. Be nice to have him back.

Is there anymore news on our goalkeeping situation? Is it Elliot for the weekend or big Steve Harper?

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Yeah same here Rainrix – Was on NUFC TV last night and clicked on the highlights but 20 secs in… ugghhhh no thanks… dont know why I even did it… like I was trying to understand what happened again… 🙂 Worst. Yeah Hiadara is a class buy – I think he has the same attacking preference that Enrique had.. Looking forward to seeing him cement that spot… I wonder what will happen to Santon – would you push him up to Right-wing? Or Left-wing? Or maybe we will go all out and have 5-3-2 with Wing backs… that would be awesome…

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM

ichrisho…I’m no accountant, but I played one in a movie once 🙂

I’m not sure whether Ashley would be able to re-coup Pardews gambling debt, just by paying him less as he’d still need to get the money back to him via the club. Not 100% sure though.

Someone mentioned yesterday, that it had been proved that this story is nonsense, although I haven’t seen it and i’m not sure how they would prove it. Be good to read anyway, think it was pushy who mentioned it?!?

Does make you wonder what type of manager we could get if we were to change though and whether Ashley would pay the going rate for a top manager in the PL.

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM

One Tony Green… I’d just like to point out ibiza hasn’t been in ibiza for 8 years, he’s currently in a cave in western siberia and has been for the past 10 years. Dont listen to any of his advice 🙂

• Rotonda heights

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

markaccus

How I am dictating. You have your opinion I have mine. How is your view any less dictating ?? Like NUFC are really going to listen to me lol!!!

Icrisho

Carrol wouldn’t come here to be an option off the bench . It would be full on 90 min hoof ball as that’s the only system Pardew is really truthfully comfortable with as he clearly can’t coach or do ”pass and move”.

Pardew is an 80?s throwback who was nothing as a player and can’t work with top players who are on another planet to what he was as a player.

It’s been a totally pointless exercise for Carr getting all these touch flair players in if we stick with Pardew.

Carroll isn’t going to move us forward and is that the type of football we really want to see. Poor old SBR would be turning in his grave.

Yes Carrol will nod away a few corners, he may score the odd set piece but then will be injured again. Ironically Carrol’s not the worst on the ground but we won’t use him properly. Players get lazy when someone is that tall and start hitting it 60 yards from everywhere.

It is mouthwatering what we could put out in an attacking
    433 or 343 but if Pardew stays and Carrol comes you’ll have to give your neck muscles a work out cos that ball won’t be staying on the ground and a lot of players won’t be staying at the club to play that c..p.

We have already played more long balls than Stoke this season and for that reason alone I am very sad to see what is happening at my beloved club.

• lewytoon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

on the salaries,

apparently Pardew owes Ashley money from gambling. he has a release fee where if he is sacked before his contract ends he gets a release fee. this release fee is the same figure as what he owes ashley for the gambling debt.

• jimmysmith

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Actually, he does appear to dismiss the onrushing horse in his determination to strike a police officer on the upper thigh, for goodness sake.

Clearly a law unto himself and perhaps not in his right mind

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Torq – Dont take it to heart… emotions runninghigh since Sunday I would say… albeit there is a few bell-ends on here and also sometimes “normal” bloggers can have a bad moment too… Glad to sdee you back on and chatting… we are the nations favourite supporters aren’t we? 🙂

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM

So lewy that is true is it? Mental…

• lewytoon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM

so the little wage is down to his apparent short reign of the club without ashley wanting to pay a lot out to him, then if we get a new manager anything he offers more looks decent to the new manager, but still keeping them earning a lower wage than the rest of the prem

• lewytoon

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM

just what ive heard…

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Torq…. its a shame that fans can’t agree to differ. I accept people want rid. I dont. I get really annoyed when people say the pro pards are blind and stupid. Catchy and rotonda are the biggest offenders. The only people i will call out are people who say sack him now as that is just pointless. I think you were right to say time to move in from an argument people are never going to agree on.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM

One Tony Green…I would like to point out that a long cold winter has effected Rainrixs brain, which wasn’t in too great a state before hand.

Lewy….That is a huge “apparently” though.

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Aye Rotonda – SBR would have not enjoyed Sunday one bit… I do still think that Carroll could offer us something… I know what you are saying about the Hoof-Ball… Classic Williamson… (I hate that guy)… in fact reading your post – I was just thinking the only times we have won or played well is in moments where the players dont follow pardew’s tactics… as in a moment of magic or a loose ball falling kindly… Its all piecing together now… Wait a minute is he an actual qualified coach? 🙂 Have you ever seen him play for _Palace or West Ham…?? He was totally a white Perch… oh wait… 🙂

• tunearmy

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Ancient – heres a different angle

• Markaccus

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Rotonda. You are always making definative statements and word your posts to imply that anyone who does not agree with you is blind or knows nothing. And no matter what the story is about, you always manage to make it about pardew and how bad you think he is.

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

ichrisho…. I’d push him further up so we wouldn’t have to deal with his defensive frailties and just get his attacking goodness.

• ichrisho

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Rainrix – Agreed mate – I think Santoon could be our new Jonas but with end-product. (Again dont get me wrong – we all love Jonas but his stats speak volumes)