Newcastle Pick Up Even More Injuries

When this season is over one question that should be asked and answered, is how come Newcastle players have picked up so many injuries this season, and too many in training.

alan pardew dejected

Alan Pardew – two more injuries

And Alan Pardew has just said that French U21 International Marveaux is injured, and will miss the game tomorrow at West Brom and that Cheick Tiote is now very doubtful for the game.

Marveaux has suffered another groin injury, which is what he was suffering from a week ago, when he was held back from the Benfica second leg game.

And Cheick Tiote is said to be a big doubt for tomorrow with yet another a hamstring problem.

This was the report Alan Pardew just gave on injuries:

“We’ve got a couple of injuries on top of those we knew about,” “Cheick’s a big doubt, and Sylvain Marveaux will miss out with a groin injury.”

We’ve had an unusual series of injuries this season, and only last Sunday Tim Krul dislocated his shoulder and is out for the season.

And  this week Ryan Taylor picked up another ACL knee injury, and now we are told Marveaux and Tiote are out for the vital game tomorrow – presumably injured in training.

Is this just bad luck?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• barkintoonfan9

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM

hatem ben arfa better be off the burgers, he has too start this match!!!

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Re post:

Anyone see that Schrulle is going to Chelsea?

Sad times. Brilliant player. Shame we can’t compete with them.

I’d love us to can and splurge some major cash on a player like Julian Draxler, that guy is immense.

If only we had a billionaire in charge who could afford it.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Ibiza
    Definition of a tree:- A woody perennial plant, typically having a SINGLE TRUNK growing to a considerable height and bearing lateral branches at some distance.

Definition of a bush:- A shrub or clump of shrubs with stems of moderate length.
    However I’m sure you are aware of another “slang” definition of a bush.
    Come on Ibiza you need to wake up to get the jokes you are showing signs of lethargy -bit like a Toon player.

• Rainrix

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Well tiote being out is probably a good thing in reality. HBA can just slot straight in for marv. He’s looked nackered for a while anyway has marveaux

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

What’s going on?

Pardew is injuring them to excuse our relegation?

I’ll try and be helpful with my next post…maybe.

• JackButler

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM

For me it can’t be a coincidence that our injury nightmare began when we moved to our current training complex.
    We pick up more muscle pulls and strains than anybody else.

Either our fitness and conditioning is sub-standard or there is a serious problem with the make-up of the training pitches or both, something that I remember reading about a while ago when Sir Bobby ordered them to be checked

• Markaccus

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Ibiza…. your team from the prev post. Pretty much exactly what i wanted. Same personell but with socksand perch(or gutz) playing deep and cabs as the 10. Socks has a freer role and perch blocks. I think thats basically what jack and sage were getting at too.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Tuff….So the bush comment comes in as we were talking about a female? I get it…I think 🙂

I thought I had used an example of a tree that was in fact a bush…and I was pretty sure a pine tree is in fact that…a tree.

Damn it Pardew, look at what you’re doing to me!

• WWYCD

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Ibiza
    God loves a trier haha and ur 433 idea u know who would be brilliant as lone striker with that? 😉 Zlatan…Balde would be crap 😀

MORE INJURIES?! Eesh u couldnt make it up still HBA in for Marv and Anita/Perch in for Tiote not so bad

• Transfer Sage

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM

jack

definitely doing something wrong, there is really something up with our training ground/methods

I’d be interested to know how long the current fitness coaches have been there, if its a long time might be there work. If not could be the training facilities.

Be also interesting to see players injury records before, during and after playing for us. see if we just have injury prone players or if we make them that way.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Mark…We seem to be losing Cisse with this 4-2-3-1, so we need to get other players joining him. I don’t care what formation really, but players need to press and then get involved. It’s simple really. Just move it!

• Markaccus

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Injuries have been a problem here for many years…. even the most ardent anti-pards cant blame him for that. Ok he has not resolved it but niether has any one before him…. including SBR

• Mister Tuff

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Ibiza my post/clues may have been slightly obtuse -but you got there.

• Markaccus

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Aye. Get their butts into gear andhelp out poor pap.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Yo…You have Zlatan on your books too?

• beefman13

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Elliot debuchy hadiara mbiwa saylor perch sissoko cabaye gouffy ben arfa ciisse.

It really still isnt to bad, cabs further forward and perch n sissoko behind, sissoko can still burst forward when the space is in front of him, cans wi benny n gouffy feeding cisse, hadaora n debuchy bombing wide, no excuses.

• roshan MAGPIE

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM

marveux injured so guti will play wow

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Tuff…Sometimes I need these things clearing up for, I appreciate your patience 🙂

• WWYCD

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Ibiza
    Haha oh how I wish that were true not for the money but the sheer joy of know Zlatan

• Rainrix

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Beefman…. One problem with your line up, no jonas 😉

• ErnestHemingway

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Transfer

This a late reply as I’ve been caught up with actually having to do some work.

I wasn’t trying to say we were an attacking team and I wasn’t implying that we were a defensive team. Merely that we have had enough chances to win games quite comfortably. I don’t need to look at stats in order for me to believe this to be true. I only need to look back at pretty much every game we have played this season and look at the gilt edged chances that we have missed, even when we have been playing poorly. And the lack of quality strikers – indeed, that lack of strikers full stop – is in large to blame for this.

• Markaccus

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Only way to get gutz in is as a dm. Unless cabs and socks sit deep hba no10 and guts on the left. He did canny there switching to the centre now and then v chelsea. Even got a good goal.

• ErnestHemingway

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM

After the January transfer window, I was feeling very pleased with our business. I would say most people were. Two of my close friends were not, however. They said it had been a failure as we had failed to bring in a striker. I laughed. Others laughed. We all laughed and felt sorry for them for not being happy that we had brought in 5 new faces. With the benefit of hindsight, I think they may have had a point.

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Pardew getting his excuses ready for Saturday.

Reporter ‘So Alan, your team lost again today after 4 excellent West Brom goals and this result leaves you closer to relegation, what are your thoughts?’.

Pardew ‘Well you know we had some big, big players out today. Tiote who is a big player for us, trust me. And Sylvain who is another top, top player for us. Without those 2 we looked tired, lacked cutting edge and we had to bring in players like young Hatem who isn’t ready quite yet. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team if I’m honest. Them we had the midweek game against our own u21 team that took all our energy and fitness away, and even though we lost that as well, I can say we did great. Even though we got beat 4-0 today and didn’t have a shot on target, I couldn’t ask anymore from my team. When you look at that pass from Haidara to Jonas on the left wing, if that had have gone to Jonas and Jonas had skinned 6 players before putting in a wonderful cross to Cisse and Cisse heads the ball in the net, we’re talking 3-1 and a totally different game. The officials if I’m honest as well had a poor game. The fans put too much pressure on us to get a result and the 40 minute plane journey took its toll. The bombing in Boston was on the players mind. Rolf Harris being arrested really got to the guys, you could see it out there. The death of Sunita in Corrination Street had a part to play, trust me. We’ll look ahead to next week against Liverpool where I think we can welcome back some big players. Obertan will be back and that’s a bonus. Trust me.’

• JackButler

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM

@Transfer

Simon Tweddle is our fitness coach and has been at the club since 2011 during which time our injury list has grown steadily.

Our first team coaching staff consists of Pardew, Carver, Stone, Woodman and Tweddle………………is that enough?

• ErnestHemingway

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Tiote is no miss at all. Marveaux is but we only managed to sign him as he failed is Liverpool medical and has been a sick note for two years now. This is no surprise to me.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM

ernest

teams have missed guilt edge chances to us too…so could have lost even if we took ours. I think in a lot of games we haven’t created a single chance of note.

Similar to last season in that a lot of our goals are wonder goals, they come from a long strike or a mazey run….not enough team/well worked goals in my eyes.

I think overall we create no where near enough chances, created the 2nd lowest last year but scored a high percentage so we managed to get a lot of wins. This year it’s been the opposite, we haven’t taken many chances but also stuggled to defend.

Last year only man city and man utd had more clean sheets, meant our goals scored were usually winning goals.

• Markaccus

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Beattie….harsh… but flippin hilarious. Death of sunita in corry… lmao

• Rainrix

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Beattie… I didn’t see the old pardew “we was” phrase in there. Come on man you cant leave out the classic “we was tired” or the “we was penned in” excuses 🙂

• lucasnufc

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Much rather Perch than Tiote anyway and we have Anita to cover. Ben Arfa replaces Marveaux. We still have a strong team.

• Markaccus

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Ok im off for a while. If anyone sees torq tell him im on the bus and finding out what i can!

• Transfer Sage

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM

jack

suppose, there must be a reason something goes wrong for us though, can’t be bad luck for so long.

Ernest

marv has been pretty good fitness wise, had surgery to correct his long term problem and not missed a lot of games really since.

• lucasnufc

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Also, Beattie that has helped me chuckle through some work. Quality stuff

• beefman13

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM

rainrix, of course, Jonas will play instead of perch, shame yet again, Jonas has had more kicks up the arse this season than Charlie caroli!

• Rainrix

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Ernest… I dont think its fair to call marv a sick note like, he’s been fit all season really its just pards has an aversion to playing him. He was a sick note in his first season but by the looks of things his groin troubles been cleared up once and for all with his op, one of the main reasons he missed so many games at rennes.

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

If Anita doesn’t play this weekend alongside Sissoko with Cabaye up further than those 2 it’ll be the stupidest thing ever.

A little terrier nipping away and bringing the ball out technically, passing it to a monster with pace and power who can instantaneously change defence into attack, playing it to a man with finesse and grace and can find a key pass out of nowhere and send a through ball to the attackers to create a chance.

Yet some want to play Perch.

He’s a cult hero and a good tackler, but he isn’t anywhere near the player Anita is.

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Rainrix

Ill be honest, I can’t stand seeing Pardew in an interview so I missed his key words. I read them though and can’t believe the tripe he comes out with.

Everyone has their favourites but mine remains ‘we’re safe now, we don’t need to look at it’.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM

what the F**k goes on on the training pitch.
    Got to be something/someway we train our players
    Just gone back to the top of the injury list table with 8 out.

When Paul Ferris was Physio at Newcastle told me that a lot of the players refused to train on the indoor pitches at the training centre as the surface was ungiving on the knees and groin when turning quickly.

Don’t know if they do now or they have changed the surface

Don’t know if its luck but Stoke and Swansea have been sitting at the bottom with 2 injuries each for most of the season.

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM

The fans favourite is certainly ‘they wouldn’t let us put crosses in their box’

Ha ha ha