Rumor – An Official Saw Suarez Bite – Did Nothing

Steven Taylor has lifted the lid on what happened at the training ground last week, and it looks like everything was so flat, after the humiliation that followed the defeat by Sunderland.

steven taylor - yes

Steven Taylor – everything was so flat

With the Newcastle fans furious after the defeat last weekend, when our lads showed very little fight in what was the most important game of the season, Steven said the players were subdued last week in training:

“The lads have been hurting all week,” “It was a flat atmosphere. The gaffer’s tried to get the lads going, but it has been difficult.” “There needed to be an improvement. The lads gave a great performance.”

“In the first half, you don’t get that many chances at West Brom very often.” “The second-half performance was a battling performance.”

“They had some big lads, and we coped with it. “We were at it. We caused them problems. They found it difficult to break through us.” “Their fans were getting frustrated.”

The defense did look more solid than usual on Saturday, and now things are all set up for the visit of Liverpool, who we beat 2-0 in the same games last year.

And they will almost certainly be without Luis Suarez, who showed his cannibal tendencies by taking a bite out of Branislav Ivanovic, who weighs a bit less than he did before the bite.

We expect Luis to get his just reward and a ban of at least 7 games and he will miss the game on Saturday – and this player is very high maintenance for Liverpool.

That’s always assuming the English FA have the courage to do it – and yes that’s a definite assumption – after what they did when Massadio Haidara had his career almost ended at Wigan – absolutely nothing because one official saw it and did nothing.

So they cannot referee the game after the event – phew!! – that was close.

But the FA have very little to hide behind this time – but we’ll just have to wait and see – maybe one official saw it and did nothing.

The FA are probably anxiously awaiting the report from the referee, to see what’s available to them this time so they can again do absolutely nothing.

And we’ve heard no excuses coming from Liverpool, like he hadn’t had his Sunday dinner. 😀

It’s really tough for the FA when you have to do your job, and make some hard decisions.

Yes – I’m being cynical – but there is too much history of the FA doing nothing in cases like this.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Catchy,
    I honestly cannot see what persuaded the club to employ Stone as a coach. He is from the area, fine, but he never played for the club, and he was never a talented or skillful player. He was more of a kick it, head down and run after it type. I can undesrstand Carver as he worked in better times with Sir Bobby, and I think it was more to appease the restless natives after Pards appointment. I would keep Carver, as I said much earlier, I’d keep Bramley from the academy, possibly moving him up slightly, and maybe Woodman, but that is mainly to keep his kid at the club.

I wouldn’t shed too many (1 would be too many) tears over the rest of them.

• Rainrix

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Well considering the police have contacted ivanovic about it i’d say the FA have no choice other than to ban him really unless they want another PR disaster.

• roshan MAGPIE

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM

with our luck this season I am sure Suarez won’t get any ban and will score a hat trick against us

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Good little player Suarez .. if he sucked there probably wouldn’t be such a fuss.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Lilongwe

has Poyet been given a chance? Doing a cracking job promoted first season, in play-offs this season, plays brilliant football to watch.

he was a very good premiership player at Chelsea and spurs and international , has great contacts and is well respected. I would say that’s quite a few up on Pardew already.

Pardew along with most other English mangers has the most UNremarkable CV and low win percentage ever for a near 15 year career.

Sometimes you have to take a chance a la Pochettino and Laudrup. Losing the fear of ” well Pardew is the devil we know” will go a long way.

• BigKirky

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Lilongwe, I know what you mean about Cisse not being as much as an ariel threat as Carroll (who is?! 🙂 similarly to Shearer, but the delivery should still be far better. (I used to play as a winger 😉 Michael Owen got a lot of goals with his head cos he made clever runs, Cisse makes some good runs too.

But remember, crosses don’t have to be looped in, they can be drilled in at a low trajectory, or across the floor, or cut back to the penalty spot of edge of the box. Milner powers them in across the box for example. A cross isn’t just a high looping punt to the box.

Jonas isn’t good at any of these as it’s usually a poor delivery and turn over of possession occurs. Pardew should notice those stats, but he doesn’t, he looks negatively and sees it as a positive way to defend, yet we’ve leaked loads of goals.

Again I like Jonas, but he has to be utilised correctly in my opinion. If being utilised correctly is baby sitting for our left back the majority of the game, then we need a full back who can defend (Haidara has looked good – yet Pardew subbed him???) and either move Santon to left wing where he can attack players more, get a winger you is known for assists and goals, or deal with the situation better where we have emphasis on putting the ball in the back of the net with an effective formation.

• Goodfella

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Liverpool should impose their own ban if the FA don’t have the balls to do owt

• mattyNUFC

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

at first i thought ed had one too many and was on some kinda bender….judging by both the titles’ irrelevancies to the articles and the sheer number of posts…..but then i remembered i’m thirteen hours ahead. all could very well still be possible though.

• jettson1971

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Forget the Suarez bite, the major problem at NUFC is how and why can we dominate 1st halfs but yet crumble away to nothing in the 2nd?? What on earth does AP say to players at half time? where is the motivation? Sorry, but AP has gone as far as he can with his management knowledge and style, it is time to move on up a level, we have the quality in the players but AP s tactics and motivation is worryingly lacking. How many points have we now lost from winning positions this season??
    Hughton was sacked as he had went as far as he could in the eyes of DL / MA the same is now true of AP, time for the next level of manager.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Suarez will get his ban, even if this was seen it would fall under the “exceptional circumstances” rule. I see he has told the club to give his club fine to the Hillsborough charity. Surely if he wanted to make a sincere statement he would let the club keep the fine, and match it by donating the same amount again to the charity.

I do think there is too much hysteria over this, the talk of sacking him, kicking him out of football. etc. He is a nasty bloke, Liverpool knew that when they signed him. Although I think this boy will now have one too many incidents for one of the truly big clubs to go anywhere near him.

I saw that when he was 15 he headbutted a ref and broke his nose. If you did that in Sunday league in the UK you would be banned from playing for life.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM

rotonda

I agree. There are a group of managers, like bruce, mccarthy, pardew, etc who go around on a loop between prem and championship usually and get sacked then take over from another one.

I’d like to take a chance on poyet, management basics are the same at all levels, the only issue would be getting respect of bigger players and with poyet’s background no reason he couldn’t.

• mattyNUFC

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Lilongwe

IF- and that’s if- there is a new manager to be installed, I could care less if Carver stays or goes. It’s hard to judge what type of coach he is….obviously he is either a fan of the direct game or his influence over tactics is not that great, seeing as he’s been apart of reigns both high (SBR) and low (AP).

If a manager like Laudrup came in and deemed him good enough to take the number 2 role, i’d feel comfortable with that. If not, oh well.

• ErnestHemingway

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Ichrisho

Fair play for that abstract theory, I can’t see it myself but I like it nonetheless!

It was once again a game of missed chances. Missed chances create unnecessary pressure. All in all, its a good point away to a team with good home form all season.

I can’t see anyone other than wigans going down, I really can’t. They don’t have the match winners of previous seasons (nzogbia, Moses) to get them out the shit.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

lilongwe

I think he will move to man city, madrid, bayern, this summer, one of those will go for him, he’s just too good for his antics, no matter how bad, to stop clubs wanting him.

Liverpool will use this as a way to soften the backlash from the fans when he gets his move.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Gus Poyet would work for me.

Benitez would be better, I think Ashley and Llambias are horrible bullies and I’m not sure Benitez would take their shite.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Rotonda,
    Again you are using the good player good manager argument. Ferguson was limited as a player. How many caps did Wenger get? Did Mourinho or AVB ever win titles as players? Martinez played in a league 1 Wigan team and people have suggested him as manager.

Pardew has won numerous promotions. He also won the Johnstone Paint at first try with Southampton, Poyet failed in his only attempt. So who has the better record as a manager?

None of this is saying I think Pardew is good, but it is pointing out the flaws in your argument for why Poyet is.

• ichrisho

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Pardew has learned from Fergie how to spolit to game into trying to defend and trying to attack… it sused to be a passionate game of fervour and guile – now Pardew has us tactically confused… he has restricted the players abolities in my book and I think that he needs someone more technical to come in to wotk with him… Carver & Stone need a break me thinks… or to work with the kids…

• Goodfella

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Sounding more and more like he’ll escape a ban (watching skysports news)

• ArtyH

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Looks like this game will have its usual bite to it then?

• Rotonda heights

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Not just us but 99% of aerial crosses and high balls are headed away by CH’s facing away from their own goal. It’s just playing percentages with very little method

Statiscally goals are far more frequently scored through cut backs to an onrushing player, through balls to run on to or square passes on the deck in and around the area.

Only in England do we have this supposed macho mentality to put so much in the air. Win the ball, put it up for another 50/50, repeat.

• mattyNUFC

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

hatem

poyet would be another excellent choice

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Matty,
    Yeah, if Laudrup came in, I imagine he may well go. However I wasn’t advocating keeping him as number 2. I do think it would help any new manager and staff coming in to have someone there who knows the club, and understands the mentality. This may only be during the transition phase, but none the less, I think he could still have a role.

Sage,
    Out of those 3, I could only see City actually wanting him, and from what I have seen in the papers they seem to be after Cavani. Aguero will go to Real, I think that has been in the pipeline since he left Atletico, as they have a reported “gentlemans agreement” that they don’t buy star players off each other.

Bayern, I think will go for Lewandowski, he is a like for like if they do lose Gomez.

• Beattie25

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Isn’t it sad that we are all praying for Suarez to be suspended so he doesn’t play against us.

By rights we should be looking forward to him playing and still confident of getting a result.

We have a small club mentality which has been continuously driven into us since Pardew arrived and I think that’ll be his lasting legacy.

I’d love to speak to him but the meeting won’t happen. It’s an empty promise to have the fans say ‘what a decent fella’. So many of you give him immediate credit based on a few sentences.

If any meeting happens it’ll be behind closed doors with a few hand picked fans and his friends at the chronicle and journal will report all positive things.

The sad thing is is that the usual suspects within the team are spouting his gutter rhetoric. Steven Taylor in the past few weeks has gone from Geordie icon to Pardews mouthpiece and the fans that love his passion lap it up.

The lad is now becoming a joke to a few fans. Potential gone, he’s just a comedy of errors and a footballer without a brain being manipulated by the club into being the spokesmen of the players.

The club is going to the dogs fast and without a shadow of a doubt if we get relegated we deserve it. We have been that bad. Nothing to do with injuries or investment but purely on footballing merit we deserve to be where we are and will deserve to be where we finish at the end.

If the manager, player and a select few of fans can walk away and say the 2nd half was a good performance then we are going nowhere fast.

• jail4pardew

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Ernie Hem, it is going to be very tight at the end of the season, WIGAN wont give up easy they know what it takes but its a close call I agree, they have Kone and Di Santo who are well capable of delivering when it matters.

OH and yoan gouffran, lets stop the talk about finishing above the mackems for bragging rites, we have nothing to brag about, just keep us in the division, there should be a gag put on all players opening their mouths at the momen,t are you listening Saylor your gob runs away with you as well. just do it lad!

• mattyNUFC

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

ichriso

or, um, perhaps….pardew needs the break, since he’s the one calling the shots?

???

• TorqToon

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Goodfella – Whats the latest mate!?

• John Tudor

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM

if he plays we should refuse to play unless he is muzzled

• Transfer Sage

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM

rotonda
    The thing is though it’s easier to put the ball in the air and if you have a centre forward good in the air then it can work and be more effective, especially with limited players.

I do agree cut backs are good, but a hell of a lot of those are cut out as well. I would love to know the exact stats, i don’t think they will be as polar opposite as you suggest, but i do agree with our style of players it would be much more effective keeping more on the ground in the final third.

• ichrisho

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Ernest – thanks – I am glad that I didnt disappoint and be someone who just used a word for no reason… 🙂

Pardew is worrying me, he has lost the fans, the players and now the media… he looks tired and frustrated… you see Stone, Carver and that other bafoon Woodman laughing and joking around the pitch… I am absolutely assured that some big stars like Hatem (Who know they all worship him) and Cabaye (Who must be thinking – not all clubs in England are like this are they? Im off back to france) think that Pardew and the “Coaches” are having a laugh… it gets my goat… I understand that you need to have a little fun to ease the pressure but we are in the shit here guys…. seriously in the shit…. wake up and learn how to coach… not scoring in 1000 minutes from a corner is a disgraceful stat…

• ichrisho

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM

@Matty – is he though? Is he… thats the question… and if he is – calling them have taken their toll…. he looks at deaths door..

• Transfer Sage

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM

beattie

most clubs would be happy suarez didn’t play against them though, you never want top players playing against you, especially in must win games.

• mattyNUFC

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM

ichrisho

good point.

they’re all on 8 year contracts. i’d be laughing too. they probably think they’re all safe no matter what. I know MA has the balls to give AP the sack, I just hope he has the footballing knowledge to know this man can not lead us anywhere.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Kirky,
    I know, baffling bringing Haidara off, I think the way he has started could well facilitate Santon’s departure. There are still rumours we are looking at left backs, so that in itself suggests to me time has run out for Santon and if Milan come knocking it is win win for both the club and player.

I appreciate what you say about different types of cross, but with the players we have, Marveaux, Cabaye, Sissoko, Hatem, they will all look to thread the ball for Cisse. It isn’t just Jonas. Whether I would start Jonas or not is another matter. I just think he is being used as a scapegoat by a number of fans, and as a stick to beat Pardew with, which in my opinion is unfair on the lad.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Lilongwe

Numerous promotions ?????????? Really
    It’s 2 (Reading & West Ham) in nearly 15 years, WH via the play-offs

Plus Charlton relegated – sacked
    Plus West ham virtually relegated – sacked
    Us in 16th now !!!!!

2 record losing streaks at 2 different clubs

Pardew is armed with some great players, but produces appallingly negative direct football to watch.

Poyet’s teams play with style and are a joy to watch and Brighton are a championship team who beat us 2 years running !

How are Pardew’s credentials better on balance?

I said Poyet was a Spurs and Chelsea player to illustrate he had experience of the premiership and it wasn’t entirely alien to him.

Poyet may not be my first choice but compared to the dross we are watching every game I’d take him in a heartbeat.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Beattie,
    Are you telling me you would prefer Suarez to play? Didn’t think so. Regardless of how we play he will cause us problems, so without him we are better off.

• ichrisho

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Matty – they are all on 8-year contracts??? Oh… really… 🙁 No way… Now I can see why they are having the laugh… Its just unbelievable – everytime on NUFC TV… I just want to see a focussed group of players learning their tactics and training hard for the next match so they can WIN…. not these larks pissing about and Bigi with his tongue out all the time and Ben Arfa looking as if he has a stitch after two yards jogging… Want to know whats wrong with the toon this year? Check out the BS-party time on NUFC TV…

• Beattie25

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Transfer Sage

Of course you want to see it. I’ve never heard a fan of the top 4 say ‘I hope he isn’t playing’ they say ‘such and such will keep him out the game’.

Also your point on target men do you mean to say you want a target man? I’m not sure about the conversation but I was just wondering because you say it’s be easier to put the ball in the air if you have a good header of the ball. Surely having a good header of the ball and it be easier to put the all in the air means we’d be playing even more hoof ball than presently?

Again not sure of you want a big CF but I like to stick my nose in.

• TorqToon

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Ichrisho – If lads decide to leave, I very much doubt that they would head back to France given the New tax rules.

Interesting piece of news coming out of France (could be mere paper rubbish) but there is lots of talk about Rudi Garcia falling out with the Lille board over the signing of a player in the summer. Not being allowed the funds for him.

I believe that player to be Remy Cabella of Montpelier.

Imagine if pards was to leave and be replaced by Garcia. Bring in Cabella, keep hold of debuchy, cabs, French influences and flair.

If we are to have a management change, he would be my No.1 choice!

• mattyNUFC

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

ichrisho

oh i know. I have nufctv. it’s like they spend their days kicking balls at one another, wrestling, slapping and basically just f****** around

martinez
    clark
    poyet
    laudrup
    anyone
    please

• TorqToon

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Sage – You got anymore info for us mate? You spoke about a few purples (hate that phrase) coming in and one nearly done?

Was that right? Apologies if I’m incorrect.

1 2 3 6