Suarez Charged With Violent Conduct – 3 Match Ban Insufficient

The FA have announced today that they have charged Luis Suarez of Liverpool with violent conduct after he took a bite out of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during yesterday’s game.

Suarez bites Ivanovic

Luis Suarez – taking a bite out of the Chelsea defender

The incident was not seen by match officials, and therefore can be subsequently reviewed retrospectively by the FA’s disciplinary committee.

That was not possible for Callum McManaman’s vicious tackle on our very own Massadio Haidara a few weeks ago – because one official saw the tackle – and presumably thought it was fair – which is simply ridiculous.

This is that statement issued by the English FA a few minutes ago:

The FA has charged Liverpool forward Luis Suarez with violent conduct.

The charge follows an incident with Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic in yesterday’s fixture at Anfield on 21 April 2013.

The incident was not seen by the match officials and has therefore been retrospectively reviewed – click here for a video explanation of ‘not seen incidents’.

It is alleged that the conduct of Suarez constitutes violent conduct and it is The FA’s contention that the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient in these circumstances.

Suarez has until 6pm on Tuesday 23 April to respond to the charge, thereafter an Independent Regulatory Commission will be convened this Wednesday, 24 April.

Suarez has already bitten another player, when he was playing for Ajax in November of 2010 – and at that time he got a seven match ban – so surely it has to be more than that this time – otherwise this guy will continue to have players for lunch.

It’s simply despicable conduct by the Uruguayan, and it’s bringing some terrible headlines to Liverpool FC, and the fans are furious with their player.

Suarez was given an eight-match ban and a £40K fine by the Football Association after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s left-back Patrice Evra in December of 2011.

Liverpool have already fined Suarez, who has asked the money to be donated to the Hillsborough Family Support Group.

This lad has to get his act together – quickly – and it’s certain he will not be playing at St. James Park on Saturday.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• roshan MAGPIE

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM

hope he dosent play against us last time he ripped our defence apart

• yo-yo

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Bounced into taking action aftre the feeding frenzy in the press. Pity the double standards haven’t changed . ..McManaman should also have faced action – as that was a carer threatening lunge

• yo-yo

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Roshan – he’ll be banned by Weds evening. He ain’t going to appeal unless its more than a 6-7 match ban. It needs to be comparable to the Dutch FA’s action.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Good. Dirty little cheat. I don’t care how good a footballer he is, the guy has zero class.

How people can claim he is good for the game is beyond me.

• Shane

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Dirty little rat.

If I were Ivanovic I’d be getting my rabies jabs!

• eaststandgeordie1982

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Just as well he would of bit steven “the hands” taylor

• Novocastrian66

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM

There is no way Liverpool will appeal any sanction, no matter how severe.Their reoputation is on the line here too. They will not want to be seen defending such a detestable act.

• catchy in norway

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM

ibiza

i have to ask, is it really over the top? it will get him out of the club quicker, and not quick enough

this just didnt happen overnight, this has been coming for 2 seasons if you ask me, masked over by a 5th place

also im not assming anything about how they feel about the guy,
    BUT ifi was a pro footballer, playing for some of the top teams in world football, there is not a cat in hells chance id be happy playing that type of football,
    so i am assuming you think they do like it and thats why there right behind the guy

for me we have a few players that will love pardew as manager, but im gussing the rest will be thinking this is hurting my international carrer,

world cup next year, some tough calls this summer

• yo-yo

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Well Beattie for one would rather he played against us than didn’t play – for the strange reason that he wants us to face class footballers whenever possible to show we can hack it against the best – and that he just wants to watch the best footballers. I’d rather take the points if they come easier without Suarez.

Suarez is to football what Tyson was to boxing

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Ibiza…the sun was in my eyes 🙂

…fatigue, to many injuries, long winter break and not enough investments, negative tactics, EL (ohh wait we didn’t participate in that one 😉 lol), youngsters who didn’t perform (wait…we don’t have any of those either)

Age I think 🙂 lol

• maximan23

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM

lets hope he gets what he deserves and deserts to go with his main meal from sunday.

• Rainrix

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Wow what a shock the FA are being..,…….

•_•)
    ( •_•)>??-?
    (??_?)

….. Toothless 😉

• yo-yo

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM

C***ty from Norway

You trolling again ?

• Markaccus

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM

A mate of mine who is a lfc fan said a few weeks back “suarez is just misunderstood”. I have not had comment from him on this. Suarez is a total b’stard.

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Have to agree with the people condemning Pardews most recent comments.
    As a competitive person in general I see no reason why we should not be trying to win all of our remaining games.
    Granted, I dont think we will, in fact I would almost go as far as saying I know we wont.
    I also agree that at the end of the day it wont make a difference whether we just stay up or comfortably stay up.
    Nevertheless we should be trying to win all of our games. Its a matter of pride. Even if he doesnt think we are going to he should still be trying to get the image of winning them all into the players heads.
    Like Dok says, we need to be positive. Countless studies have shown positive thinking directly relates to positive results so it seems like utter madness to me to go playing down our chances.
    The guy cant do anything right at the moment…

• yo-yo

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Ibiza

Juat in from work but have followed your argument that the biggest issue for us now is simply confidence – and that explains the highly erratic form and some of Pardew’s strange calls.

I think there is a lot of truth in that – we never really got the momentum we needed after the new guys came in – yes they bolstered us but are clearly not being played as a well though out tactical unit – and are not even playing thst well a lot of the time. I’d have to agree that confidence is the killer unknown in loss of form. It is not simply AP’s own loss of form as a manager but also individual international standard players not even being able to pick out 5 yard passes.

• maximan23

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM

poor poor Suarez…..
    bit of more than he can chew….
    goofy twat
    should make him donate his epic teeth to chinese for their miracle cures and save the rhinos and elephants.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Catchy…I think you’re asking the wrong person, as I’ve already answered that part.

I know you feel this has been going on for 2 seasons, I don’t. Whilst there was still work to do at the end of last season, I was more than happy to allow him time to kick on. Has he? Not at all this season. Do I think it’s all down to him? No, but of course, he has to shoulder some of the blame. So is the big question, how much?

I am already on board that if Ashley was to replace with a better manager then i’d be all for it, why wouldn’t I? Despite popular belief, it’s not some big love in between Pardew and I.

A question for you then. If you think we have to force Ashleys hand to replace Pardew, what sort of replacement do you actually think we’ll get? If Ashley has ambition, then surely he will already be looking for a new manager without our help.

My feeling is, if it’s down to us kicking off, we will just get more of the same, so no progress. This season was always going to be a huge learning curve, Pardew had no experience with European football and nor was he given the tools to help him adjust. Basically is was always a tall order and it was made even harder for him (and yes, he hasn’t helped himself along the way).

I’m not going to comment on the players feelings. What they say in the press will be monitored, so any praise doesn’t hold credibility, other than though we can only make assumptions and you know what they say when you assume….it makes an ass out of you and me (ass-u-me).

Agree completely though on your last line, some tough calls this summer.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM

yo-yo…For me it’s key. I do get the argument that part of this “may” be coming from Pardew, but it is guesswork.

I just don’t see how a knee jerk reaction is the way to go. Finish this season and then evaluate.

Having Di Canio come in and do what he’s done doesn’t help argue that change now is madness 🙂

Jesper…Age? That surely can’t be it 🙂

• armchair fan

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Just watched all of our goals from last season on youtube, we definitely miss Ba… What happened to that team 🙁

• NUFCarter

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Yo-yo
    Agree, confidence is an issue evident on the pitch most with cabaye recently. I think a new manager will bring a lot of confidence to the team.
    But I think he won’t be sacked and if he is it will be at the end of the season – which I’m hoping. Because now would be too early. New manager in the summer = new start write off this season and look forward to things nufc deserve. I would like to see Pardew replaced by a better manager I’m sure everyone will because there are plenty but see what he has for the last four games and then send him off with a thanks, but not good enough.

• jonobbad

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Can’t believe it’s still being debated.
    Pardew isn’t good enough for us and never will be.
    Why are fans even making a case for him?
    Why risk giving him time next year to potentially put us back another season.
    Based on the last two and a half years I don’t want him and I think most passionate fans are the best same.
    Stability helps but you still have to be a good manager.
    You can sugar coat a turd but it’s still a turd.

• maximan23

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM

who said pardew is a bad coach…
    who else could take loads of very good international players and turn them into a bunch of clueless drones..
    yes you guessed it alan par-no-clue

• NUFCarter

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM

“Sugar coat a turd” sums it up very well.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Yeah Ibiza…who am I kidding 😉 I am still young at heart 😉 lol

• Shane

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Can anybody from the grammar police help me with this… a friend of mines son has got this tattooed on himself…

“There’s only one way of life and that’s your own way”

It doesn’t make sense to me, should it not read “in” life, not “of”.

??

Suarez will miss the rest of the season and will more than likely remain at Liverpool this summer. It’s sad but it will be yesterdays chip paper in no time at all. A real example eventually needs to be made by the incompetent FA!

• maximan23

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Noun

1.vulgar. A lump of excrement.
    2.vulgar. A person regarded as obnoxious or contemptible

yep sums it up

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I really don’t think Pardew will get the bullet there’s a definite reason Mike Ashley hired him in paricular and it couldn’t have been his CV I think it has a lot more to do with the fact of his outstanding ability to tell us lies with impunity and without an apparent conscience.

• carl

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Catchy
    I framed my response to you before reading other replies. Surely sacking Pardew at this time would totally destabilise the team. This at a time when a game plan is being fashioned for the Liverpool game. Aside from a more creative Anita in place of Perch and Sissoko playing somewhat deeper and Cabaye in a attacking midfield role the side is selected. Watching Saturdays game in the first half it was hard to envisage the turn around in the second half. The. First half movement off the ball was excellent and all that was missing was two further goals and game over. I won’t go over our second half display because it’s had a good airing on here. It does seem that a number of players Gouf, Sissoko Cabaye, Taylor and Gutierrez in particular looked knackered in the second half. This is something of concern but a structured pre season schedule with a full complement of the newly acquired players should ensure a better PL season next time. This is not to paper over any cracks because a shake up in the coaching and playing squad is required. Grass roots to Harper with around 8 players leaving.
    Beattie
    You highlighted the fact that by me saying the end of the season was time enough to judge Pardew and our season as just unnecessary delay. In my world its not unusual to be assessed in terms of performance annually. It seems natural to me when the final whistle of the final game is blown that Ashley/ Llambias and Pardew evaluate
    the season and determine the way forward. Carr would subsequently become involved in looking forward to next season.
    I fail to see your point on Pardew under performing.! As recently as last Friday you forecast a 1-1 draw with WBA. So meeting your expectations. At this stage of the season it’s points not always performance that counts.

• DokToon

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM

this just in from fox sports, usa…

The FA have decided that the so-called “bite” by Luis Suarez is not a reason for suspension, citing the referee who said he did see it, and felt no need to take action. “it was a simple nibble, like one would give to their spouse, nothing more, nothing less”, said the ref, who asked for anonymity.

The FA is looking at a possible diners club card, which would entitle Suarez to all you can eat buffets throught England, and thereby appeasing his vampire like hunger on opponents. When Suarez was asked about the incident, he would only mutter, “i thought ivonovic was russian for chicken”.

More disconcerting, is that KFC is looking to become the new sponsor of LFC, in hopes to keep Luis playing through the end of the season.

• fatash

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Pariah or piranha nasty little man

• Markaccus

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Do people not think suarez should be made to get psychological help if he wants continue in the game. The guy is nuts. He is only a step away from seriously hurting someone. Violence and abuse are both very obviously a big part of his character

• maximan23

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Luis Suarez plays for liverpool and eating in chelsea is a big step up in cusine..he’s used to rats

• Shane

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Suarez comes across that removed from social responsibility that I strongly believe he thinks to himself…

*when I play all the media, all liverpool all football fans look at me as a God of footballing technique and ability, they sing my name and praises. When I do a naughty I get looooong PAID holidays where I can go visit my family and spend some of my fortune.*

He couldn’t care less.

• Eddie

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Shane – “way of life” is fine, as in: the way of life of the Eskimos or the way of life of the French. A “way in life” is not a common phrase and has a much more specific sense – which might be why you think it would be better.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Jesper…Well that’s that excuse dealt with 🙂

Dok… 🙂

• Charlietoon

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Shane he should have got way of life done as “way of life” that way it is clear he is referencing a saying or expression….still pretty lame though

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Shane, with regards to the tattoo, I think the grammar is fine however it still doesnt sound right. He would have been better off totally rearranging the sentence.
    ‘The only way to live is your way’ or something. Sure it could be made to sound better than that as well mind.

Regardless its a pretty corny tattoo 😉

• Alan_Pard_Who

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I think Pardew will blame the loss on Saturday on Suarez.

He will tell us how Liverpool played for Luis and that gave them extra zip and pace and effort.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Shane…Should it just not read “We’re born, then we die, what’s the point?”

Damn you citizens of the blog! 🙂

1 2 3 8