Newcastle To Play Hardball With Coloccini This Summer

We’ve been wondering what the situation is with Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini, and whether his situation has changed since January.

coloccini norwich

Fabricio Coloccini – has his situation changed?

The Evening Chronicle is reporting today that the Tyneside club are ready to play hardball with Fabricio Coloccini over his future, and it is again expected that San Lorenzo, who the Pope supports – will try again to get him back to Argentina.

So we expect Pope Francis to be following this situation closely in the summer. 😀

Newcastle held firm in January in the Coloccini affair, simply because San Lorenzo couldn’t afford him – and they will do the same again this summer, and probably hope along the way that the Argentine will stay on Tyneside, and fulfill the remaining three years of his contract.

Certainly Newcastle have missed Colo a lot when he’s been out – which is a lot this season – and he’s been out for the previous eleven game because of a back injury.

But we could also do without a circus this summer – we had one last summer with the Demba Ba case – when he was available for £7M via that release clause – and the last thing we want is for the Colo affair drag on over the summer.

We think Newcastle want around £5M for their captain, and the club will need to know soon whether he is going or staying, because we’ll need to bring in a top replacement if he leaves.

What do you think?

Note: We are trying to assist in a study on Newcastle United today – and an online survey is being conducted on Premier League teams for academic research purposes by researchers at Pennsylvania State University and Technical University Munich – it will last approximately 10 minutes. Please take th study if you can – it’s confidential. Here it is.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• ichrisho

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

…6million thank you and thanks for everything… Now Douglas – Can we show you around?

• Carryingcoals

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Since january, one area of the pitch we seem to be able to rely on is at centre back. Mapou has looked brilliant in parts and will clearly grow in this division. Whilst Taylor, bar a couple of blips, has been at his most consistent.

I hope Colo doesn’t waltz back in to the team, he needs to earn that. Though if he is to leave in the summer, I hope he features in the last home game of the season so we can give a send off to such a valued star and captain of the past few years.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Hope he stays so this can be our back line next season

–Debuchy—M’biwa—-Collo—Haidara–

Collo is still the best defender at the club IMO and as long as we don’t play a high line he is one of the best in the league. M’biwa is strong and likes to get stuck in and win headers but he is better on the ball and more composed than Taylor.

Haidara & Debuchy like to get forward but not so much that it leaves us exposed. If we could keep them all fit (unlikeley) then we would see a lot more clean sheets.

• jeff

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM

i am jeff and i am probably the most knowledgeable and intelligent poster on this blog. this is how i – a football genius – would line up our squad for the game against liverpool:

elliot
    debuchy taylor mbiwa haidara
    COLOSSUS SISSOKO
    marveaux cabaye ben arfa
    cisse

in my opinion our absolute best line-up ignoring santon > haidara

• Beattie25

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I’d rather we sell Colo who is ageing and doesn’t want to be here and bring in a real leader who is vocal, emotional and talented.

Mamadou Sakho springs to mind.

• firebug666

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Jeff the Genius,
    So you would only field 10 men?

• ichrisho

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

The way I see it dudes is that Collo has already gone home… he has moved all his stuff back and has made plans to be gone by July. Mark these words. July 1st – he will be gone and we should all wish him the best. We dont need him and with hopefully 2 new CB’s or more coming in – we can concentrate on the future and not the past… A hero but one for the past.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

@ beattie

If we could definitley get Someone like Sakho or Alderwireld then I would not be so bothered if Collo left, but although Ashley seems to have turned a corner transfer funds wize I can’t see him dropping another 10 million on a CB considering we will get next to nowt for Collo.

My main worry is that the player that we get will not be as good let alone better than we already have. Collo (baring his first season) is the best CB I have ever seen in an NUFC strip and it would be a shame to see him leave.

• ichrisho

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM

BigPappa – Best CB in NUFC Shirt… really???? What about big Darren Peacock… 🙂

• iceman5771

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Maybe that actually was the genuis part – to field 10 men! You know to think out of the box etc!

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Ichris

I’m only 21 so I haven’t seen many. I would say Collo and Woodgate, maybe M’biwa are the best I have seen play. Bearing in mind I have seen total disasters like Cacapa & Bramble 🙂

• mindshaft

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

We need to strengthen our defence full stop or at least coach them in collective defensive duties, unbelievable we’ve let 60 goals in so far this season, definitely relegation form and only reading and villa have worse

• thepict

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

@9 no best C.B. Albert or Woodgate .- when fit.

• ichrisho

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Cacapa… wow… remeber him… jeez.. .WTF was he? Brazilian only by passport… Darren Peacock and Steve Howey were total no-nonsense defenders during the Keegan Years… No meesing with them… think Ferdinand and Vidic but with class and guile….

• lewytoon

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM

need help please:

does anyone know what order the FA coaching badges go in?

level 1, level 2……………………Uefa A

unsure of those inbetween because dont know all courses

• ichrisho

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

@12 – Good Call – Albert was a gem of a player… totally comanding and had a deft touch when controlling a pass… and a chip (Nice) 🙂

• JAMSHA

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM

COLO CAN GO BACK ONLY IF THEY GIV US 5MILL AN THE POPE COMES TO SJP AN PRAYS OVER THE GROUND SO THAT ALL EVIL CAN B WASHD,OUT

• Ian Toon

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Isn’t life just grand. I am even getting some engagement with Jail( for Ashley) not the other one, on the works of John Steinbeck. But enough let’s get down to the serious business. Already a blogger is saying what he wants from our to be appointed coach. This is good stuff and just what the Pardew needs help camp have been arguing for rather than sack the manager and incur all that it entails.
    Fundementally, football coaching is all about controlling pitch space and how you seek to control it. Quite simple really. You look to make the pitch large when you have got the ball and therefore it’s easier to retain possession and small when you don’t and thereby making it difficult for the opposition to keep possession. I like to see players interchange positions, pass and move and love to see a Cabaye type figure switch play to a moving player. The modern PL game is physically demanding and a number of our players are clearly lacking when it comes to having to keep competing for 90+ minutes. Gouffran for one looks short on stamina but he’s not alone. We need to follow a similar style of football from academy to PL team. This season has been dire with limited movement off the ball, retaining of the ball and
    too much endlessly hoofing it long. We need our quality players to show a little more intelligence in trying to close out games – long ball football is far riskier. I don’t want Carroll let’s invest in brainy football skills not brawn. Firstly though we need to secure our PL status.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM

nikos dabizas!!!!!!!!!!! Lol loved that bloke

• jeff

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

firebug you are an absolute nitwit

colossus = coloccini (our captain)

• Beattie25

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

San Lorenzo have a player called Alan Ruiz who is by all accounts a massive prospect and a future Star of the national team.

If they want colo I’d do a straight swap for thier biggest talent!

• toon22

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Carrolls better than Shola so its a no brainer
    Imo AP will play with 3 CB’s letting Colo come out of defense with the ball,our right and left backs are just about wing backs anyway atm
    For me they key is to play Tiote and Sissoko as DM,yes its a defensive line up but at least if AP is going to sit back in the 2nd half he should put the players on the field who can do it.

• Beattie25

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

jeff

Keep it up! We need more abusive and over confident posters on here. There’s only really me and yo yo.

• rfcready

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM

If you believe that Collo is out with a “Back Injury” then I got a bridge over the Tyne I want to sell. Get him out and get someone who wants to play for us In.

• Beattie25

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Playing 2 DM doesn’t have to be defensive. Look at teams like Real, Man City, Bayern etc…

2 DM to stop the influx of pressure and to counter at speed. I don’t know why Pardew doesn’t play Sissoko DM and watch as he bombs up field from our own half and stretch the opposition like Toure or Viera in his prime.

So many failings in his management and yet people think he deserves a chance and that we should bring in a coach to tell him how to do his job.

• Spoof

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Colo is slow, he can’t head a ball, he always turns his back rather than face a challenge, and physically he is too lightweight, apart from those weakness’ he is ok, just sell the waste of space and get someone in who wants to be here.

• jeff

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

shut up beattie you are pathetic and all your arguments are usually justbstraw men

cant keep a straight face reading your posts, no offense haha

• Beattie25

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM

jeff

Who are you? Are you a friend of mine enemies or a friend of those my enemies despise?

Basically choose your side and choose it carefully for I am the destroyer of reputations, the cleanser of stupidity, the master of the chosen word.

Fear me or join me.

• Guj NUFC

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I just heard someone shout out of a car window outside… ‘My names Jeff and I tried to make people laugh with my first comment but no-one did and now I’m insulting people to make my self feel better’

Well Jeff…

• jeff

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Guj my boy… Been posting on this blog since before u were born

Just havent said anything recently because of the influx of spineless Pardew supporters like yourself

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

@ Beattie

I agree. Sissoko playing as a number 10 worked well for one game against Chelsea and Pardew now thinks that he is a master tactician and that it will work every week. My first choice DM partnership would be Sissoko & Anita, second would be Sissoko & Tiote. Cabaye has not got a good enough Engine to be running around all game chasing and tackling he should be further up the pitch looking for the killer pass.

——–Sissoko——–Anita——–

—HBA——-Cabaye——Marv–

——————-Cisse——————

• Tsunki

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Hope nufc play hardball better than they play football or they are stuffed boom boom aye theng yow.

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Unbelievable Jeff…

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

@ Jeff

The blog has only been going for about 7 years so you reckon guj is 6 🙂

• Guj NUFC

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Jeff you have been posting longer than me? Means nothing, I have my opinion you have yours.

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Have to say Jeff, not a bad 11 you picked there.

Depends on how well Colo slots in as a CDM. Probably lacking the pace. Thats why I would swap him for the anti colossus, Anita.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Ian toon
    For me the coaching is something that desperately needs addressing, bring in some continental coaches, we have a team full of skilled continental players so where’s the sense in trying to convince them there all Gareth Barry’s!
    I also think its the only happy middle for the majority, this season has been poor, by any ones standards, and even Pardews most avid supporters must of feared for his position a few times this term

But I genuinely can’t see MA getting rid of him, but I also don’t think he’s ignorant to the fact that fans will want to see serious questions being answered with some major actions in the summer and obviously there is a major re shuffle that is needed with in the squad and staff

My biggest concern is whether or not pardew can regain the trust of the crowd, lets say next season without Europe he leads us to say a 7th or 6th place finish would that make the majority happy? Would it repair the damage?

• Novocastrian66

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Ed- the pop ups on this blog are making it unusable. Can anyone advise how to stop this please? I use my phone for the blog.

• jeff

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Well im off. Late for work at my six figure salary job

• Guj NUFC