I Feel Fine – I’m Happy I’m Now 100% Fit – Ben Arfa

Good news for Newcastle fans today that Ben Arfa himself feels he is now 100% fit and is having no problem with his hamstring – and it’s important he has no doubts about his fitness.

ben arfa cisse tiiote

Ben Arfa – could start tomorrow – good!

So if that is true then this lad needs to start every one of our remaining games, starting tomorrow against Liverpool, because as we all know – this lad can be match winner – and we need some match winners these days.

We are also short of players who can put the ball into the back of the net – so we’ve got to believe that Alan Pardew will start him tomorrow afternoon against the Reds:

This is what Ben Ara has said in tomorrow’s match-day program:

“My hamstring is completely fine now and I feel happy that the injury has gone and I can return to full fitness. I am 100 per cent fit.”

“I’m happy that I have come back into the team slowly and gradually. The manager and the doctor have put in place a program to ensure I return gradually rather than rush back and get further problems in the future.”

“I am happy with the work of the backroom staff and the manager, because this was my first muscular injury, and it was important that the healing ran its course.”

Tomorrow is a crucial game for Newcastle and when the match kicks of at 12:30 pm we should know the result of the Wigan vs Spurs game – and lets’ hope Tottenham show some good away form.

Another interesting game is Stoke against Norwich with Stoke level on 37 points with Newcastle and Norwich one point ahead of us.

But we also have to help ourselves and whatever the results of the earlier games are – we can do ourselves an awful lot of good tomorrow by winning the game against Liverpool – which we’ve done in the previous two seasons – by 3-1 and then by 2-0 last season.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• yo-yo

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Catchy

🙂 🙂

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Perchy4england, Cisse will have at least as good a workrate as Goofy. But I do agree, I would like to see him up front one day, but I wouldnt drop Cisse for him just yet. He is still unproven at the moment, and Cisse has been in good form recently.
    Would be nice to beat the bin dippers, have a bit of breathing room and try one or two new things out.

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Ed, kick off is 17:30, not 12:30 😀

• p

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM

broken record here but, I would like to see HBA play from the start and then taken off if he is tiring or seems too off the pace.

This strategy of throwing him on with 20 to go against “tired legs” is not bearing fruit.

Put him on from the go, show some positivity and see what happens. It can always be changed. As Ed says, he is perhaps our biggest potential impact player with the ability to turn nothing into a goal.

• p

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Tinman, I think he is on US Eastern time

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Yeah okay Rotonda, your right Taylor has been poor recently.
    I think if we had;
    Debuchy—Colo—Mbiwa—Santon
    next season we would will have one of the best defences in the PL. Thing is Colo aint going to stay, so who is going to replace him?
    We can definately do better than Taylor back there. But he has to stay at the club surely.
    I am also a Santon fan, I think when we are playing good attacking football people will realise just how good he is. This season he has been found out because we have been defending too much, he is simply not suited to that type of game. Hairdryer will be a very useful player in the future as well, hopefully he will come on well.

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

p, I agree, seems pointless to bring him on in the last 20 when we have either been well beaten, or are defending a 1-0 lead! How is he going to have an impact when we are busy getting bombarded by the opposition ha ha.

Ah yeah you could be right about the time thing.

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

IanToon, yeah a bad joke, I was just seeing who would be first to bite. Well done you have won…….nothing!!!

• Patoon

Weimann
    Campbell
    Gouffran

My team 4 next season without spending a complete fortune

• Sazzer

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Sage and CJ toon – Ed is moving fast reponses in previous threads.

Sage on your article mentioning Weinmann. I’m unsure about him. I need to watch him more closely. Where would he play in our team? What would he contribute that Gouffran can’t do or learn?

• Tinman - Pardwho?

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Patoon,
    ————————–Krul————————-
    Debuchy——Mbiwa———Sakho——Santon
    ——–Sissoko—–Anita—–Cabaye————-
    ———-HBA——–Cisse——-Remy———–

3 CM, all lie in front of the defence when we are defending. All are intelligent so know that 2 can go forwards and one lie back when we are attacking.
    3 Strikers so there is always support on the counter attack.

Debuchy or Santon support the attack from the wing, whilst the other one lies back and forms a back 3.

• Patoon

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Tinman

I watched the Cheski game las nite and thot that Valentine Stocker looked a really good player and he has been very good 4 Basel this season and could b picked up 4 in around 4 million, Sakho would prob cost around 10 to 12 million so would prob b the most expesive

• Grafton83

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

This blog is pi$$ing me off with the adverts. Thanks for all the great stories but I’m calling it a day for a while until/if it gets sorted. Bye for now…..

• JackButler

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Bloody, sodding, f**king, pi**ing, tw**ing pop-ups are driving me round the bloody bend 🙁

• JackButler

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Tinaman

Sakho is class and has the grit that we need, would love to see him come here in the summer

• kevymartins

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

@Patoon no chance of remy now city want him.

• kevymartins

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM

@Jack true

On here feels like a illegal movie stream site with all these adds.

• JackButler

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM

@Kevy

They are starting to really get on my last bloody nerve. After a stinking 12 hour sift I just want to come home, go on the blog and bitch moan like an incontinent 80 year old and not have to deal with those hateful things 🙁

• Patoon

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM

kevymartins

Didn’t kno that, he mite come 2 us instead, don’t really think he’s just about the money, lol, greedy b#####d, move 4 Hernandez from Uth then

• JackButler

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

HBA fully fit and raring to go, perhaps our luck could be about to change, all we need now is for master tactician Pardew to play him at right back 😀

• John Tudor

Debuchy – S. Taylor – Yanga-Mbiwa – Haidara
    Sissoko – Perch – Cabaye
    Ben Arfa – Cisse – Gouffran

• JackButler

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM

@Patoon

I think Ashley and co have thrown their lot in with us getting PEA, not sure how much of a chance we stand on getting him, but if not Bony would be my choice

• Patoon

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM

JackButler

hate 2 c us linked with big strikers such as Balde and Carroll cos it can only spell 1 thing, would love 2 c us play football on the ground like Barca, Benfica or my 5 aside team on a tuesday nite lol

• JackButler

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM

@Patoon

The fear is that with a big, powerful striker we’ll simply revert to long ball, which under Pardew, would probably happen, but we have to look beyond that as long as they have a good technical side to their game.
    As for Carrol, the last thing we need is a player with a mile long injury record as we have enough issues with injuries as it is without adding to them

• Transfer Sage

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

sazzer

weinmann is a decent player and gets goals as either a striker or wide player…be a good option to have

also can only have 17 players that aren’t homegrown….he is homegrown so be good to have around

• yo-yo

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Also agree that Perchinho worth running out instead of Saylor as CB. He’s a decent tackler and with Mbiwa there to marshal the defence with Perch’s wee bit of extra pace, we could play a higher line – but they need a ball distributor in front to of them like Anita then Sissokho can play box to box and Cabs further forward.

• yo-yo

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Patoon

Hooper is staying at the Hoops – they’re going to use their CL pot to pay his wages

• JackButler

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Weinmann would be a good addition to the squad, would like to see him come in

• Sazzer

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Transfer Sage
    I think we have that option or suppose to have that option in Gouffran and that I do think he wants to play regulary. Unless we sell Jonas, Marv or Cisse. I don’t see place for him. Even if he’s homegrown.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM

yo-yo

he isn’t staying, he wont sign a new contract with them, have to sell this summer or risk losing for nothing next summer.

don’t want him anyway, much better than him out there, let a norwich, west ham or villa go for him

• Transfer Sage

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM

sazzer

from what i’ve seen of both i think he better than gouffran

i’d get shot of jonas anyway so can have his squad place

we do need a wide forward/winger if not two this summer, he’d be a good option for me.

gouff is better through the middle and so is marv, only ben arrfa is good as wide forward in the squad.

• JackButler

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I think it’s time we saw Gouffran play along side Cisse and not the obligatory addition of Shola to try to change things, think we have gem thats being overlooked

• Novocastrian66

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Sage; Going back to the safe standing debate, you’re right. There were a number of contributing factors to the Hillsborough disaster, terracing being one of them. Fences were probably the single biggest cause of the deaths.
    The new “safe standing” areas are superb.

• Sazzer

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I rather sign Boudebouz or Tadic because Ben-arfa and Marveux is injury prone. Add dominating in air type of striker like Benteke, Balde, Carroll. An AM/ST/Target/Winger like PEA or Siem De Jong(-wing) or Remy.

Even youngster like N.Redmond would get my vote before Weinmann.

Sell Amalfitano and Obertan if homegrown is an issue.

• Sazzer

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Cheap road:
    Boudebouz clause 6 m £
    Redmond 2 m £
    Balde reported 5 m £

• Sazzer

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM

On second thought – Weinmann at 4 m £ might be better than Redmond at 2 m £. But Redmond would probably accept being a fringe player better.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM

i trust the club to bring the right players in so names are just for fun now really

the only question is will they bring enough in

• JackButler

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Redmond could be good signing for us, he’s still very young, has great pace and is technically very good, but is still untried in this league and knowing how talented young english players are valued could cost far more than he currently worth