The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew Promises We’ll Learn From Our Mistakes

11:43 pm, Friday, April 26th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 16 Comments

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has been interviewed a lot in these last couple of days, and he’s still getting hit with questions about what happened to Newcastle this season – let’s face it’s been a diabolical season for Newcastle in the Premier League.

alan pardew - pensive mood

Alan Pardew – we will cope better next year

The Newcastle side has basically the same players as last season, when we were pushing for 4th place in the league at this time last year, and finished in 5th place above both Chelsea and Liverpool, but we are now placed 5th bottom, with only four league games to go, and are struggling against relegation.

What happened?

Some of that is the squad we started with last August just wasn’t big enough, and another factor could be all the injuries Newcastle have picked up this season – and the number – over 70 injuries in total – and type of injuries seem almost unbelievable.

But the Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has vowed the club will get it right for next season, and hinted we will ensure in the summer that we have a big enough and good enough squad for next season.

This is what Alan Pardew told reporters on Friday:

“You learn from those mistakes, you have to,” “That’s part of the process of managing a big club.”

“This is only our third year back in the Premier League, so you can’t say we have been here for 10 years and we have got it all nailed down. We haven’t.”

“But we will certainly next year be making sure that we have as fully fit a squad as we can, and that the squad is big enough to cope with 38 league games and the two cup competitions that we will be in.”

We’ll have to wait and see what the club does in the summer, but first things first – and we are not safe in the league yet – but a home win against Liverpool tomorrow would probably mean we are safe.

We are hoping for a win tomorrow.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

16 responses so far ↓

• 1 p // Apr 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM

hmmm

• 2 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 26, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Does he not consider 400 corners without a goal a mistake ?

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Apr 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM

sazzer,
    I owe the halifax 250 K,do you think my family would appreciate it if I lived in a one bed roomed flat because i wasn’t in debt.

• 4 Sazzer // Apr 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Results are expected to suffer initially but in the long-run we are going to see improvements in players we are going to be able to bring in. And as we have seen lately good players are starting to come in to replace the ones we have lost. After the summer I expect us to have strong enough squad to finish 8 next season, and maybe win a cup. Then you will have to change your name to Jail for Pardew.

If don’t play PL next season then Jail for Pardew

• 5 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM

because he sure as sh*t hasn’t learned from it

• 6 Harley // Apr 26, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I never thought I’d say this but I hope Sunderland win on Monday. If villa lose again I think it’ll be curtains for them.
    Nothing to do with the article I know but just wanted to say.

• 7 Jail for Ashley // Apr 26, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Sazzer,
    Are you joking me,for starters I think ‘Beefman 13’ already called himself that and initially the football regressed but the results improved are you going to say that this relegation battle is a well thought out plan to make the likes of cabaye and HBA think what the fucsk am i doing here,I am obviosly living in a different world to people like you.

• 8 Sazzer // Apr 26, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Jail for Ashley
    It depends. If your debt increasing every month then I you need cut away as much as you need to so that it is decreasing every month or at least stay even. Then you aren’t living over your means. Once the debt is paid off then the amount you paid of your debt with can instead go to increase your standard of living.

And yeah, if you owe Wonga money then you cursed for every day you are late on your pay off.

• 9 Graeme // Apr 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I’m not looking beyond tomorrow evening! A win would be a splendid result, which would go a long way to lifting the doom & gloom and almost certainly secure our status for next season.

If however, we put in a gritty performance and end up with a draw, it wont be the end of the world.

QPR and Reading are gone – its just not official yet and the final relegation spot is reserved for either Wigan or Villa. We could well be safe already, but Pardeaux would be a foolish man to count on it just yet!!!

• 10 northernirishtoon // Apr 27, 2013 at 12:02 AM

‘Only 3rd year back in premier league’

What about the ten before that!

Sack the patronising basterd

OUT OUT OUT

• 11 Sazzer // Apr 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Jail for Ashley
    I didn’t say that they have improved yet but they are expected to do so long-term. Relegation this year would be a huge set back to that. But that ain’t Ashleys fault if that happens but Pardews.

• 12 toonluvva // Apr 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I would be happier if he learnt from HIS mistakes.

• 13 Sazzer // Apr 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM

In short:

Relegation: Pardew fault and players

Hiring and not firing Pardew: Ashleys fault.

If we don’t have stronger squad in September: Ashley’s fault.

• 14 lesh // Apr 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Why oh why are we hearing things that I’d expect to remain behind closed doors?

It’s as though he’s replaying his parts of dialogue with Llambias and Ashley.

• 15 No Plain Saylor // Apr 27, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Anti Pardew people are about to feel some hope.
    Everyone of you are about to ponder at the least.

2 weeks ago Alan Pardew’s sack race odds were 66/1..
    Tonight they have gone down to 4/1.

Now we all know year on year the only winners in the bookmakers are the bookies. For such a massive change in odds so sharpish, one can only assume inside info. And I can’t remember bookies getting something like this wrong. Anyway thought I’d pass that on to the blog, The green milewas on a break, its back on. Good Luck lads :)

• 16 tweaked // Apr 27, 2013 at 6:24 AM