Alan Pardew – I’m Worried And Deeply Disppointed

Alan Pardew had some explaining to do after Newcastle’s pathetic display this afternoon, when we were absolutely hammered by Liverpool 6-0 and we looked awful.

daniel agger first goal

Daniel Agger after scoring first goal after 3 minutes

Newcastle need more experience in the side, and with only three games to go in the season we need Coloccini to come in and give us some stability in defense – we had no such thing this afternoon – and we were continually torn apart.

This is an interview Alan Pardew gave after the game:

“The fans have every right to boo. That performance is not good enough for Newcastle.” “The first goal knocked our confidence. Liverpool looked faster, sharper, better organised than us all day today. We lacked a bit of experience. We got ragged after the third goal – that’s not like one of my teams.”

“I’m deeply disappointed in terms of the displays we had out there today. Liverpool looked that much better than us and that shouldn’t be the case.” “The most important thing is that the team has the experience on the pitch to show that. Maybe we were missing that today.”

“I’m worried,” “I’m not going to criticize my players or the team. It was a collective effort and we fell down collectively.” “I expect to see all my team out there on Monday morning whether their foot is hanging off, ready to train.”

“We need to take something out of our two away games.” “Coloccini’s leadership and guidance will be important to us and hopefully he comes through this week. We’ve got two or three in that dressing room that have been relegated at this football club, so they know what it is about.”

“Sometimes we can get dragged down in a spiral of negativity and I think that’s what happened today. We need to roll our sleeves up and make sure we make a real good fist of these last three games.”

Newcastle have road games at West Ham and QPR in the next two weeks, and we don’t expect anything at all at Upton Park, and based on the form we saw this afternoon, it could be hard for us to get a win at QPR – although we need at least one win to be safe.

We also need more Premier League need experience in the side, and maybe Danny Simpson comes in next Saturday for the suspended Mathieu Debuchy who received two yellows and got his marching orders. And veteran Steve Harper could even be recalled in goal.

20 year-old left back Massadio Haidaira looked in a daze when he was defending in the first 20 minutes of the game, and Liverpool continued to attack down their right wing – so maybe if Colo comes in – then Yanga-Mbiwa could move to left-back at West Ham.

For all the good vibes we built up during last season when we did so well, we are rapidly doing the opposite this season – especially since the Sunderland debacle has been followed by this disgrace.

To say it’s not good enough is simply pointless – so I’m not even going to say that. 🙁

We were humiliated today – again – fact.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• toon252

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Repost

PLEASE READ

I’ve said this since the day he got brought in – Pardew isn’t the right man, I said it last season when we finished 5th – I say it again now – The reason is this:

FACT – In all of his clubs except Reading that he has managed, he has had one good season (Full season) Where he has over-achieved/done quite well – The next season has ended in a sacking or relegation – That is 100% pure FACT

Go look for yourselves if you don’t believe me

• toon252

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM

repost

West Ham – FA Cup Final – Year after sacked in relegation zone

Charlton – Nearly kept them in prem after wining most of his games after appointment, – Year after sacked in relegation zone of champtionship

Southampton – Football League Throphy Winner, Year After Sacked.

• kilcline

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Do one Pardrew, this is your last job in management.

• Beattie25

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM

It’s easy to blame it on Frenchness for me.

I think even if we had 11 Englishmen on the team with the tactics we have we would’ve been beaten 6-0.

When you have lost the team it doesn’t matter where they are from.

• geordiejamie89

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM

GOODBYE PARDEW!

• Joe Blog

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Not gonna read his waffle. Just leave. Now.

• NUFCarter

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Beattie
    Cheers for the link. He’s one hell of a nob!

• JackButler

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM

We all know that the usual suspects will again make the starting line up against West Ham and we’ll be read out the same lame excuses after the game.

I simply cant see where the next point is going to come from and we need to cut this guy lose asap and try to salvage something as if he stays we are as good as down with three games to go

• daztoon-anti christ is that the time

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Pardew knew he had gaffed first half but then going all gung ho second half was a bigger gaffe.The man really is out of his depth

• Slatymag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Nah, I honestly think we have some really good players. Defining World Class is a different matter, but let’s say good enough for a top 10 team in the majority of European leagues ( EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga etc) then I’d say we have more than our fair quota of decent players if managed correctly in their comfortable position; Cabaye, Tiote (I know, I know), Debuchy, Sissoko, Krul, Mbiwa, Ben Arfa, hey even Marveaux and Cisse would shine in a team set upto play to their strengths

But…and I’m not overly criticising our flair players (Marveaux/Ben Arfa) we just don’t play with enough invention to give them the chance to shine. Rather we give it and watch and wait until the move fizzles out.

• geordiejamie89

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM

The sooner Mike Ashley puts a press release out announcing that Pardew has been kicked out for being a see you next tuesday, the sooner the fans and players alike will think that some action is being taken. Whatever “action” Pardew has been taking has gradually made us worse over the course of the season.

• NUFCarter

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM

“that’s not like one of my teams” arragant prick, it’s our team and every team crumbles under you.

• Dannyo

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

After watching the Steven Taylor interview post game, for the first time this season, I’m worried.
    I’m not liking this.
    I want to critisize the team as much as anyone, Pardew, the staff, the player, it’s all gone wrong.
    But the last time we were in this position, and we turned on eachother, it only made matters worse.

I’ll deal with what comes after the season is done, until then, every man and woman working for the black and white army will get my backing.
    I hope we’ve all learned as much from 4 years ago. If you ever where to sing for this team, it’s now.

• santonthenewmaldini

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

This interview is horrific Steven has been thrown to the lions

I hope we had a right barny in the dressing room and get it sorted Pardew needs told his tactics are not working and to change it to a system that works for West Ham

They are one of the teams that Colo and Taylor know how to defend against as does Simmo

Tiote should never play for this club again because he is shite and he is an idiot could have easily been sent off today we need Anita to play so he can offer protection

Arfa needs to play from the start as does Gouffran and Marveux up front with Cisse

What is the point in going defensive last few games?Its not worked for us so we might as well go down with a bang !!

• kilcline

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

@Slatymag

Totally agree fella, so many managers would love to have those players at their disposal.

• Slatymag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Here’s another poll for Ed. How many think we’d be better off in our last few matches with Barton and Nolan instead of Cabaye and Sissoko?

I’m not saying they are inherently bettet players, but in this situation…?

Saying that, Barton was a complete tool last time around!

• Transfer Sage

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:27 PM

This is when boro beat city 8-1

Exactly the same as today…the players not turning up to force the manager out.

Again my view only, feel free to disagree.

• Beattie25

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Dannyo

I’m sorry buddy but you’re talking like we haven’t been behind them. We’ve packed the stadium full and continuously sold the away allocation.

We will continue to cheer and scream and support the team but there is only so much the fans can do.

• NUFCarter

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Nufc 5th, year after sacked…… Bloody hope so!

• G

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Ed, regarding the headline:

Alan Pardew – I’m Worried And Deeply Disppointed

You’ve spelled Dismissed wrong.

• AndyMac

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I will never gloat over NUFC’s demise but the passing od pardwho is surely an inevitability ?

Just leave the players in charge (with a nominal head honcho like Stone or Carver) for the last three games and we’ll get those points. All the players need to know is that Pardwho wont be managing them next season and the spirits in the dressing room will lift immediately.

• rfcready

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM

The love of my life dismantled, I’m feeling so low at the moment and it does not help my son and my best friend are Liverpool fans. Where do we go from here?

• JackButler

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM

We have been asked all season long to be the 12th man for the side, but just for one I’d love the team to inspire us into a reaction and not the other way round

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM

well lads i really truly completely think that we are gonna get relegated now, we are suppose to be a good team when playing at home but we can’t seem to win at our own ground, west ham are gonna dominate us, QPR are gonna dominate us and Arsenal are gonna send us packing.

How on earth can MA keep AP at a club that want’s to move forward not backwards, he’s an businessman and should be able to spot a weak link to our illustrious club.

the players should hang there heads in shame for playing as they did today and MA should send them packing, we need players who have loyalty, passion and commitment to our club but today shows they have none.

• cockneymagpie90

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Those people who argued with me about Pardew throughout this whole season, saying hes a good manager and he just needs time bla bla bla!!!…

Go f*** yourselves!!

TOONPRODIGY springs to mind and i cant remember the others… you know who are!

All i can say is….

YOU WERE WRONG!

• NUFCarter

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Dannyo
    Agree but easier said than done.

• yorkymag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM

William hill reduce odds on toon relegation to 7 s but still see villa and Wigan most likley let’s hope they are right the scum are 38 to 1

• kilcline

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Well said cockneymagpie90!

Pardrew got lucky last year, found out this year. Can eff off back down south

• Transfer Sage

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Jack

It’s no good having an extra man in the stands if thats the only man that bloody turns up.

Not a single player played with pride today. Whether its to force the manager out or not they should all be embarrassed. I’m as disgusted with them today as I am with Pardew if i’m honest, this is not the time for their own agenda, they have to think of the team and what it means to us as fans.

I know you can’t but if possible i’d dock them all their pay this week.

• GeordieDan

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

NUFCarter>

I was just about to post the same quote and say the exact same thing!

“We got ragged after the third goal – that’s not like one of my teams.” – Pardew’s ego could fill SJP by itself. Incredible the gall of the man to come out and claim that after embarrassing himself (and us )tactically every week this season!

Pathetic

• Munster Mag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Dannyo, if i’m not wrong you’ve been singing a misguided pro Pardew tune for a while. Apologies if incorrect. We all want the club to survice in the prem.Personally though, I am hoping we can stay up with the points we have because I cant see us getting a single point now. Maybe 1 , but thats about it. I just hope Wigan and Villa keep losing but they wont. At least they can attack and score – we cant. And Wigan have a manager they believe it. Who believes in Pardew now?? I wonder how the French players feel ….” how the hell did we sign for this plum” ……

• daztoon-anti christ is that the time

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Where’s manxpie tonight

• kilcline

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I would snatch your hand off for a point against QPR, can’t see us getting anything else this season.

• kevymartins

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I wonder what wor shearer will say tonight

• Slatymag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Let’s be honest – Ashley has been a bit of a ***t in the past but he has shown good business acumen lately and really shown how cute he can be in negotiations. He has also has some canny initiatives regarding ticket pricing. By all accounts our scouting network for next season is in full flow with a few really good players mention to be top targets (re Torq Toon). The only thing that is letting the whole business (and that is the whole point for M.A) is Pardew not delivering on the potential of the players that his background team have pretty much stolen from other teams.

• Munster Mag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Geordie Dan – didnt he say last week or after Sunderland …” thats not my team” …!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is also the man who said ” I’m a winner” …..hmmm

• GeordieDan

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

CockneyMagpie>

Well done for pointing out the obvious but telling everyone to go fuck themselves???

Well done pal. You must be so proud!

• NUFCarter

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

3 goals in 6 premier league games……..

• Munster Mag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Slaty, all that scouting will count for jack if / when we go down.

1 2 3 9