Newcastle Could Now Be Relegated – What Happened?

After what was simply unbelievable – the most inept and pitiful performance from a Newcastle side for a long long time, Newcastle are now in real danger of being relegated and our goal difference – which is worth a point if we finish level with another side- is now -23 – the same as Wigan.

daniel agger first goal

Daniel Agger scored first goal after three minutes

The 6-0 defeat was the worst home defeat at St. James’ Park since 1925 – when me father was two years old.

And we have to hope that Wigan don’t make up the five points on Newcastle in their last four games (they have a game in hand), but based on this performance we’ll even be hard pressed to even get all 3 points at QPR.

We’re not sure what happened today, but it didn’t seem Newcastle were ready for this game – and it pains us to say it – but it seems we just don’t have enough mentally strong players in the squad – in other words when the going gets tough they come through – nobody did in a black and white shirt today – and I know my father will be turning in his grave – I know that.

Kevin Nolan was a player like that, who was a real leader and mentally tough, but it seems our new French players are simply overwhelmed by the horror story happening on Tyneside – and the disaster scenario could still play itself out, and we will be relegated.

That’s not an opinion – that’s the truth.

What we said in the match preview before the game was that Newcastle had to take their destiny into their own hands – but this was just so pitiful – its hard to find the right words to even try to explain what happened.

But a proud club like Newcastle United have been totally let done by the team, and the coaches and the management – and that’s the second home game running it’s happened.

This is all very hard to take.

In the last two home games we have conceded 9 goals and not scored one.

Shame has been brought today on the great Newcastle United Football Club – a club we love deeply – it was a lot worse than just a humiliation.

And my web-site has big problems too – the sky is falling in. 🙁

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• nufc786

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Alan Pardew has just appeared in front of the BBC cameras. He spins on his heels, folds his arms and immediately describes his teams’ performance as “just not good enough.”

I think there might be eardrums ringing in the home dressing room still.

• Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter)

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Our Goal difference is now equal to Wigan’s an advantage lost

• peaco1980

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

What happened….we appointed a berk as manager

• Beattie25

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Seriously we need some momentum from somewhere.

Get Blanc in and givve him an offer he cant refuse.

£1 million if he can keep us up in the 3 games.

The fans would go insane and the players would buzz of it.

That is the only thing I can think of?!

• Schwefelberg

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Do not wield the hammer above Pardews throat!

He probabl is unsuitable for us however…

IT WAS ASHLEY THAT WANTED TO RUN THE CLUB ON PENNIES LAST SUMMER.

IT WAS ASHLEY THAT DID NOT WANT TO PAY DEMBA BA MORE.

I said time and time again:—

Every time you think the club can not stoop lower under DISASTER MAN ASHLEY it does!!!

¬DISASTER MAN ASHLEY¬

• Blofal

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM

For god sake Ed. I want to hear you say that today’s performance was just not good enough from Alan Pardew.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Yo yo from previous thread.

There are very few of us who didn’t want him to succeed. Even those who were very anti Pardew, but not only did they want results they wanted performances too, which I think is fair to a degree.

Anyone who is willing him to fail to fulfil their own agenda isn’t a fan. And mark my words, if he gets sacked on the back of this result I won’t be chalking it up as a “pity”

It was downright disgraceful.

• NUFCarter

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM

El teno (is that it??)

• Toon1978

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM

NUFC are sh1t. It’s as simple as that.

• Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter)

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM

NEWCASTLE trending on Twitter in INDIA

Don’t know what to make of it

• mattorr

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Beattie25

I think yours is the best idea so far. I am staying online tonight as I am hoping there is an announcement…..

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Pardew happened and managed to turn a team full of internationals into relegation fodder. Until he is gone I now support Dortmund and Bayern 🙂

• davis_toons

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Who actually apply for the Newcastle Manager Position when it is available?

(Not many right, all are poor quality managers with lots of rubbish execus)

• Mag.no

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Pardew: “…they have to show…”
    It says it all! Of course they have to show heart and diciplin. What an idi0t this guy is! He should say; “this is on me. i started the wrong team/tactics and that dishearted the players. sorry”.

• No Plain Saylor

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Im reposting this, mainly in the hope it makes one or two of you cheer up a wee bit, im beyond repair at this stage tbh.

Alan Pardew – “Well we were tired, I’ll tell you that, having watched the europa league semi finals on wednesday the lads were late to bed. I thought we were on top until debuchy got sent off, we had them right were we wanted them let me tell you. Today I thought Demba was a big loss to us, he’s suffered a knock, I know he’s technically at chelsea but we didn’t know if he’d make it today until very late. The Senegalise FA told Papiss he wasn’t allowed to score, or even get involved very much. As they and the Nigerian prince had a bet on Liverpool. We’ve had a lot of injuries, and ehm you mark my words I thought today was a good response to the west brom game. We’re not used to the pitch either or the ball, we’ve been training with a cilinder cement block, which some of the physios think might be the cause of our injuries, silly, you should watch tiote head that cement. The critisism of the derby game is still affecting the players, they’re hurting believe me they’re hurting.. I fcuked them myself.”

• NUFCarter

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

El teno (is that it??)
    I should be working but I’d rather stay on the blog knowing other nufc fans share the same views as me really relieves the depression..

• Thump

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

@Schwefelberg: The reason Demba left was mostly because of the release clause. We couldn’t offer him anything without that clause. Like it or not, we’re not in a position to pay £80k to players. The only blame I can see with Ashley is giving Pardew such a long contract.

I can’t wait for this season to be over. Seriously.

• jail4pardew

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

In andalusia, only geordie in the bar, who are ya av had for 96 and a half mins! Cheers you knacka idiot mug crap worst manager, gor rhw besr tan though! Who are ya!

• croftus5678

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

@4

agree anything to get us 3 points as atm i can not see us beating anyone atm.

we can look at next season once we have those 3 points but i honestly thought after all the talk from the players and manager we would be giving our all to win that game nvm playing so poor we concede 6.

whats next 9-0 to qpr ?

• nufc786

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: “It was a day that, I am afraid, that started badly and we never really recovered. There were poor goals and defensively we were not good enough today.

“We really didn’t do ourselves justice, we lost a little bit of fight and a bit of heart and it turned into a terrible scoreline for us.

“It is very important now that we get a win, or at least four or five points more to get safe.

“They were very good and we were very bad. There is nothing we can do about it, we can’t turn back the clock. We have to put it right and the only way to do that is 10.30am at training on Monday morning and everyone sticking together.

“We will fight to the end, hopefully that will be enough, I think it will. Perhaps we need a bit more experience on the field and I will look at that in the selection next week.”

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Schwefelberg

Our squad is good enough to not be in the mess we’re in! Aim your anger where it should be aimed, squarely on the shoulders of the manager!

Should we have signed more players last summer? Of course, but we signed 5 players in January all of whom are most certainly good enough to drag us up from our current position.

But it is Pardew, and his brainless tactics, moronic selections, and mind baffling philosophy of football that is the true reason why we are where we are.

• Schwefelberg

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Pardew is just a symptom of the problem not the cause.

Mr. Kevin Keegan was right:–

We will always serial fail under AShley time and time again.

• kevymartins

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

AP on fans: “The only message we can give them is we must come out fighting.” Also says Coloccini will “have” to come back in the team.

AP to ESPN: “We have three games to put it right. We need a win or maybe four points to get us safe.” #nufc

Fcuk off and resign!!!

• Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter)

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Pardew looking for accesories and props to escape SJP

• davetoon

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

#pardewout trending on twitter

but surely we cant sack him now, will leave us with carver as interim manager…

• NUFCarter

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:07 PM

No plain saylor
    Class mate. I better prepare for his interview.

• jonobbad

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:07 PM

We can’t possibly play any worse. We need a change. Only change worth making is pardew out.

• Mag.no

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Schwefelberg
    I actually think we’re run pretty good now. Ashley has made big mistakes, but he learns from it. He will surely learn from the mistake of appointing Pardew too. Pardew is the problem when it comes to team performence, and it has been awful almost all season.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Schwefelberg

Can we sack Mike Ashley? Will replacing the board help keep us in the PL right now?

No. Get rid of Pardew. There is bound to be a young, ambitious manager who plays football the right way and is willing to work under Ashley.

• Beattie25

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

What about the performance we were due to put in after the Sunderland result?

It’s so sad.

• Le Belfast 007

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I don’t think we’ll get another point under Pardew this season. So I would just sack him now, and put Carver in charge for the last few games.

It all boils down to Wigan in my opinion. If they win two games we’ll get relegated.

• davetoon

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

sick of pardew saying “hopefully” all the time. should be saying the players will fight for the fans and to get the points. f##k hopefully

• TimKrulFan

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Pardew Happend

• Blofal

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Since the January signings our performances have not been good enough. That is because they have been mismanaged not because they are not good enough or are not passionate enough.

Playing players out of position.

Playing hoof ball.

Having who I believe is one of the leagues best goal poachers and setting a defensive team around him that provides zero opportunities.

This all brings down morale. It’s not the players fault… they don’t want to be relegated and they are trying!

By the way Carroll scored a good goal today for WBA. And I was disgusted by Guti’s dive today. His extent of his attacking ability is to run the ball down the wing and have them force the ball out or get fouled.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I hope this cheers some people up 🙂

I hope and pray one day we can have a manager like him. If we manage to stay up we need to bring in Jupp Heynkess and see what he can do with this team.

• croftus5678

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

@17

yep perfect answer
    i hated ashley at first but must admit i love the way he’s runing things atm (apart from the 8year contract) although in fairness i would have said that was a good move myself as i hated when we changed managers 3 times in 1 season.

• Eddie

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Pardew is finished. It’s just a question of how and when. The problem with pointing the finger at Ashley is that he’s not as easily replaceable as Pardew.

• kevymartins

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Joseph Barton ?@Joey7Barton 1h
    6-0… F*****g hell!

Joey7Barton 1h
    5-0 WOW! Cannot see the Geordie nation putting up with results like this for much longer…

olivier bernard ?@seedorf77 1h
    I really don’t understand what’s going on ..!!!!
    AND NO EMOTION FROM THE MANAGER !!!!

Says it all really.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

This is what you get if you do job interviews in casinos when you are drunk …

Learn Mike & Derek, you could try selling again because we’d like you to f~~~ off too.

• kevymartins

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Gary Lineker ?@GaryLineker 1h
    Alan Shearer is currently pulling his hair out!!

He has no hair?