The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – It Was An Awful Performance From Us – 100% Correct

9:55 pm, Saturday, April 27th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 79 Comments

Alan Pardew has talked after the second humiliation in a row at St. James” Park, when Liverpool took us to the cleaners – they hammered us 6-0 and we looked a simply terrible side.

steven taylor after the game

Geordie boy Steven Taylor at the final whistle
Yes – it was that bad

Well – first of all let’s hear what the manager had to say after the game:

“Well unfortunately today we got a bad start to the game and we never got going at all, it was an awful performance from us.” Looking from the sidelines we need to do something about that for next week.”

“The most important message is that we all have to stick together and we have to get disciplined and organised for next week because we got run ragged .”

This was the heaviest home defeat since 1925 – and it seems our players are imploding at the exact wrong time – and rather than  standing up to be counted – playing at St. James’ Park in front of 52,0000 mad screaming Geordies seems too much for a lot of  our players – that’s not good.

And rather than being inspired to reach greater heights – it all seems to be too much for them.

It was certainly too much today, and we quickly conceded a goal after just three minutes – and it was downhill from then on – and quite honestly it looked in those first 25 minutes that Liverpool could score at will – it was that bad.

And of course giving up nine goals in our last two home games does absolutely nothing for our goal difference, which has slumped to -23 – the same as Wigan’s – and it was only -19 at the end of our relegation season four years ago.

Unless we see our players stand up to be counted in the last three games of the season – and we try to help yourselves by getting some points – we could see a second relegation in just four years.

And that’s no an opinion – it’s a fact.

We need to see out players fight like hell to stave off relegation – like we see the other teams in the relegation zone doing – and if we cannot do that – we deserve to be relegated.

It was simply a disgrace today.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

79 responses so far ↓

• 1 Beattie25 // Apr 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Nufcarter

• 2 MosesNUFC // Apr 27, 2013 at 9:58 PM

PARDEW OUT BLANC IN
    PLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSEEEEEE

• 3 JackButler // Apr 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM

“Looking from the sidelines we need to do something about that for next week.”
    ——————————————————————————-

Looking from everywhere else we need to do something about the sidelines

• 4 jimmysmith // Apr 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Cabaye is not a leader, then again nor is Colo.

We have no real leader on or off the pitch going in to arguably the 3 biggest games in the club’s history.

• 5 Laurent Blanc // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM

BLANC IN!!

• 6 Le Belfast 007 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Maybe we would of started better, if you had of picked a positive team like. Instead of playing 10 men behind the ball & square pegs in round holes.

• 7 kevymartins // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM

If pardrew is here to the end he mideswell sit all the players down individuality an just ask them how the feel about where there playing and Where would they rather play and get to the board and draw something up because I don’t think he has noticed that 4-2-3-1 bullshit has been failing epicly all season.

• 8 kilcline // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Guys i have just submitted my CV, please support me in my ambition to become Manager of this truely great club.

I will revert back to what worked last year, 4-3-3!
    I will ensure that the ball is kep on the floor and given to our playmakers in the side!

————————Krul

Saylor——-Colo———-M’Biwa — Haidara

———Cabaye——Anita—–Sissoko

Ben Arfa————Cisse———–Gouffran

I will demand pace and temp and i will ensure Sissoko plays how he did in France.

Back me!

I also enjoy drinking copious amounts of lager.

• 9 Beattie25 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I’m not even going to moan anymore or get upset at his comments. Spent too long trying to fight my point and I’m exhausted.

This today was the single saddest moment in my 21 years of watching Newcastle.

To see our team get thumped, to see the fans walk away and to see our own manager run off and not shake our opponents hands, I feel utterly distraught.

I think I speak for most of those who have been branded as Anti Pardew that I and we never wanted this to happen. We warned it might but I personally so wanted to be wrong. I never ever wanted to see this happen to our club.

My heart is actually broken. It has been for a while but today is was smashed into a thousand million pieces.

I have been wrong about one thing though. I said it could not get worse after the Sunderland game.

• 10 kevymartins // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Also he cannot drop ben arfa that is the player we need at this stage off the season more than anyone

• 11 Le Belfast 007 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Kilcline good to see you’re still a retard… ;)

• 12 G // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Our strength is in the ability to attack from the midfield… so you played defensive AP. Genius, snatching defeats from the jaws of victory. Taxi for Pardew.

• 13 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I made a comment this morning on here. Billson and somebody else were discussing pardew losing the players and the comments they make in support.

I said that supporting or criticising comments in the press by players prove nothing as they either suck up or have a grudge. I said the key was we haven’t seen a performance where the players haven’t put in a shift and look like they still play for pardew.

Today looked like the players didn’t want to play for the manager. No way do you lose 6-0 to a team devoid of their star (who has either scored or assisted 48% of their goals) playing at home. Today showed me the manager has lost the players.

This is bigger than tactics or anything else as a reason Pardew must go.

This is just my view, how i saw it, others may disagree but from the way we played in my eyes they players have lost faith in their manager.

• 14 Zero // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM

re post
    I thought Llambias had his last breath drawn in the jan transfer window when he wasnt consulted about the deals…. unfortunately he will be sat there saying ”i told you they were sh*te didnt i” when we all know this has to do with Ashley not being able to accept critism on how he runs HIS COMPANY (not football club) and has appointed a YES man. Seriously what manager would escape this kind of run in form, its tragic we are slowly becoming the scum, a laughing stock of the EPL “dont worry lads”, “i think we will win 2-0?, “next season, just wait till next season”, “hes the messiah”, “our owner has a war chest of 50 million to spend”….. i never though id see the day, i really didnt.

• 15 catchy in norway // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

West Lancs Geordie

thing is

i beleive we have a good enough sqaud right now to chalenge the top 4,

our squad is every bit as good as spuds and ars, but we have the wrong guy leading them

i lookk at man u this season,, and omg, there team is poor by there stds, but they have pissed the league,, the right guy can do that,,

pardew is simply not good enough,, his record speaks for itself

beatiie posted something from twitter yesterday, from2005, nothing from a nufc fan,, but i could have wrote it today, as we are the same as it was back then,

do you wonder why there was low moral at southampton?

i dont

ps

id put the tea lady in charge for the last 3 games, i bet she would get a better response than pardew

• 16 kilcline // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

ha Belfast magpie, long time

• 17 Beattie25 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Sage

I think he has lost the majority of the players.

I think the French lot have had enough and the new arrivals agree.

I think he has Perch and Saylor and Elliot.

It’s 2 different teams out there like it is on here.

Pro and Anti

• 18 Munster Mag // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Beattie, hundreds of miles away from you mate across the Irish sea, but I feel your pain, believe me. But hey, maybe we can have a David Kelly moment again. Sadly Jimmy is right – we have no leaders. Cabaye is a joke – he has a nasty petulent side that doesnt suit the role. Maybe Tayls can help them out, at least in terms of a voice.

• 19 Zero // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

TS

i was saying pards had lost the dressing room before the sunderland match, no way does a manager fail to get his players pumped up before a crucial derby match.

• 20 Slatymag // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Caretaker manager, whoever that may fall to, can’t be any worse. C’mon, can it really be any worse?

Pardew has lost the trust of the players. He over-acheived last season and was quite frankly suprised himself, it’s no shock now that he has came back to his natural level. We have world class players (o.k. we need more goals up front) but there is no way we should be conceding 9 goals in two home matches when fighting a relegation battle.

Get Beardsley, Stone, even Carr, or anyone, to give us a small push that may just, just save us from the drop. A.P has not got the motivational skills to get us out of this mess, and I’m afraid our captain hasn’t got his teamates up for it either.

By the way what was Carr’s managerial record like? I gather it can’t have been much good if he became a scout?

• 21 kevymartins // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

@Beattie your not the only 1..You know I was the first person on here who requested EDD to do a poll to see who wanted him out.

• 22 Le Belfast 007 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I was hoping I would never have to hear from you again Kilcline. You’re probably to blame for this f***** mess in some way.

• 23 Munster Mag // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Beattie, you could see he had lost the fringe players when they embarassed him at Brighton. That was a really sad effort, a shocker. He has been slagging off the europa league all season, as if all our better players were playing in it all the time. I think our real problems will start on monday when Villa beat the Mackems. And they will.

• 24 yorkymag // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Odds on Pardew sacking drop best available 4 some even

• 25 JackButler // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

@Sage

I think the break down between the manager and players has been building for a long time and the Sunderland game was the breaking point.

We played well in the first half against West Brom then reverted to type and the players can see the negative tactics and it breeds a negative feeling.

Today was a total shambles and an embarrassment and I can’t see how he can get us to take the points we are going to need

• 26 Mag.no // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Every single player, but you Pardew… you can leave! Even with superglue you can’t get them to stick together. Next please.

• 27 geordiejamie89 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I won’t go to watch Newcastle again until Pardew is gone. That is not Newcastle United that has been on display recently.
    It’s Newcastle Not So United that he’s been giving us. Roberto Di Mateo took a disjointed dressing room, albeit of a great squad of players, and won the champions league.
    Newcastle’s dressing room is in tatters, and Pardew doesn’t appear to have anything about him.
    He keeps the players capable of scoring goals on the bench and plays as many defensive players as he can, well that backfired.
    Maybe he should have looked to win the match in the first place.
    And do Newcastle do any training on corners or any defensive training?
    They are playing like they haven’t trained once this season.
    The worst two home games that we’ve had to suffer since I was born.
    Goodbye Alan Pardew, you best be gone by Monday, even the most reserved fans, have lost their patience now, and surely Mike Ashley will see this and see what is best. He knows how to sack a manager so I can’t see Pardew lasting into next week.

• 28 Krul to be Kind // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

21 comments in a matter of moments… Ed get more servers warmed up… were gonna need a bigger boat!

• 29 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

@sage
    From the first whistle you could see the players didn’t believe in what Pardew was doing

• 30 Zero // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I think if he is going to be replaced its going to have to be a big name, the french players will not just start playing for a caretaker manager, our players will not stay in the summer for a caretaker manager… it needs to be more than saving the season, it has to be intent, a show of force and determination to get the players to respond in the same way!

• 31 Slatymag // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I really don’t think we need a poll, unless it’s to shove Percy into the tyne.

• 32 Toonboy_84 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I am gutted to see this happening to our beloved club. I really think big mike should make a change. Pardew is so far out his depth it’s embarrassing. It must be curtains for him after the last 2 performances. I certainly won’t shed a tear.

• 33 kilcline // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I want Pardrew gone Belfast!

• 34 cockneymagpie90 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Pardew quoted “All my teams are organised and are on the front foot, looking to win the game, but that wasn’t the case today”….

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Sack him and get him doing stand up…

What a joker!!!

• 35 G // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM

A mate grafting in Kazakhstan has just texted me, asking if the story the AP has been sacked is true? I suspect he’s being wound up, but wouldn’t it be wonderful if the Eastern press had it spot on?

• 36 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM

zero

after the derby i thought it was maybe because he had told them they were tired, lowered expectations , and given them excuses so they just didn’t have to perform, gave them an easy option to not put 100% in.

But after today I feell 100% nobody is on his side now, that is the kind of performance at home players give to get a manager out. Exactly the same as when man city let middlesbrough thump them 8-1 a few years ago.

Beattie

Honestly I think those you said on his side aren’t really just perch and saylor will want a english, old school manager as it gives them the best chance to play, i get that (although i think perch is better on the ball that he gets credit).

Not trying to stereotype but french players tend to rebel and do a lot to get rid of a manager, look how they have acted in recent international tournaments.

• 37 JackButler // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM

• 38 Le Belfast 007 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM

It was complete relegation fodder performance, a carbon copy of four years ago like.

I’m away to watch it all over again on match of the day lol

• 39 kevymartins // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM

@Slaty To late for a poll now but I asked him weeks ago for 1

I have said for weeks we have a better chance of staying up without pardrew and every disagreed but when you think about it now it’s to late to dump him…Let him grind out 1 more win and leave with some diginity

• 40 Zero // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM

His head has got to roll now, surely ashley carnt be thinking of keeping him on for next season… can he

• 41 Munster Mag // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I think to say we have worls class players is laughable to be honest.

• 42 Le Belfast 007 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Me too mate I don’t think you’ll find many people who actually want pardew to stay.

• 43 Slatymag // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM

@kilcline

we ALL want him gone now, mate. Even the most patient of us have had enough.

I hope Ed does do a poll. I bet it’ll be resounding in favour of Pardew leaving. Above 90% surely.

• 44 Krul to be Kind // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM

over recent months my support for pardew waned at the speed of light, any self respecting man would walk away now and let someone try to save the season and the hopes and aspirations of the NE of England, but he won’t because he has no class AT ALL!

He wants the year payout, that much was truly evident today!

• 45 kilcline // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Poyet
    Zola
    Martinez

One of those next season, Pardrew is here till the end of the season.

• 46 toon252 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM

PLEASE READ

I’ve said this since the day he got brought in – Pardew isn’t the right man, I said it last season when we finished 5th – I say it again now – The reason is this:

FACT – In all of his clubs except Reading that he has managed, he has had one good season (Full season) Where he has over-achieved/done quite well – The next season has ended in a sacking or relegation – That is 100% pure FACT

Go look for yourselves if you don’t believe me

• 47 Zero // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM

just think ”New manager” syndrome for the West ham and QPR games…. 6 points and id be much happier.

• 48 yorkymag // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I do think the last few games has raised real questions about the number of French boys in the squad
    They are not as a nation noted for there dogged characteristics if we stay up we need a better mix some Brits a few Dutch and a couple from north of the border
    Debucey was poor today but his indisipline was unaccetable and cabaye is no captain my gran would do a better job

• 49 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM

munster

hopefully sunderland beat villa, need them to stay down the league, can’t have them get points.

I think it could go either way, both sides are playing well at the moment and creating chances, its a real 50/50

• 50 geordiejamie89 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I bet you one thing. If Pardew is sacked and somebody is brought in; the first thing the new manager will do is put Hatem in the starting lineup, and offer Cisse support. Cisse can score goals if he’s given a few chances. Stop playing Sissoko out of position and stop playing Tiote this season, he’s a write-off. Any random player in Jonas’ place, because it would only take a player of Obertan’s caliber to match Jonas’s level of ability. I’d rather see 4-3-3 with Perch Cabaye Anita in the midfield. Adam Campbell Cisse and Hatem Ben Arfa on the right. Adam has the pace that Jonas doesn’t when he arrives on the wings players just laugh at him trying not to trip over the ball.

• 51 Beattie25 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Sir Alan Sigar:

‘Does anyone know what Mike Ashley saw in Pardew?’

• 52 toon252 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM

West Ham – FA Cup Final – Year after sacked in relegation zone

Charlton – Nearly kept them in prem after wining most of his games after appointment, – Year after sacked in relegation zone of champtionship

Southampton – Football League Throphy Winner, Year After Sacked.

• 53 JackButler // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Saylor looked close to tears in that video, the same as most of us are, If Pardew knew how much it hurts us seeing our side ravaged like that he’d do the right thing and walk away

• 54 geordiejamie89 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM

The only people that would want Pardew to stay would be makkems!

• 55 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM

kevy

The thing is before today we had 4 games….i think we are safe with 37 points but be cutting it too close, 1 win would have done.

If we went for it, attacked 90 mins of everyone of those 4 games we were bound to win one at least. By grinding out results we loot like we will lose a lot and at best draw.

• 56 Slatymag // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Nah, I honestly think we have some really good players. Defining World Class is a different matter, but let’s say good enough for a top 10 team in the majority of European leagues ( EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga etc) then I’d say we have more than our fair quota of decent players if managed correctly in their comfortable position; Cabaye, Tiote (I know, I know), Debuchy, Sissoko, Krul, Mbiwa, Ben Arfa, hey even Marveaux and Cisse would shine in a team set upto play to their strengths.

• 57 bringbackemre // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM

why the f is eveyone ignoring that the lads yous wanted to play did play a full half and got battered worse than the boys who played the first half

• 58 Beattie25 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM

It’s easy to blame it on Frenchness for me.

I think even if we had 11 Englishmen on the team with the tactics we have we would’ve been beaten 6-0.

When you have lost the team it doesn’t matter where they are from.

• 59 papscrunt // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I said it before and I’ll say it again. We have no identity as team at all. You can see how Villa, Wigan, The Makems etc want to play. They have a system and a clear understanding of what they are doing. We just seem to be chuck them on the pitch and hope for the best.

• 60 cockneymagpie90 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Kevvy martins…

Shut up, this aint a competition!!

Beattie has infact wanted him gone most of the season and has expressed his opinion since early on so dont give me your poll bullsh*t!

Dont jump on the band wagon of ‘i new before anyone’! Iv wanted him gone all f*ckin season!!

That also goes for a select few others that new what was going on.

People like u have supported him and when everyone starts wanting him out, u call for Ed to do a poll and ur the genius…

Do us a favour and do one u moron!

• 61 jimiley // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Agreed Mr Pardew. It was really shit performance. Worst home defeat for 80 years. Following on from the heaviest home defeat in a derby for 35 years. Successive performances must be worthy of a resignation? Have you no self respect?

• 62 Krul to be Kind // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

TS

We really look like we have forgot HOW to win games… only one man to blame for that!

• 63 jimiley // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Guti is totally crap and yet has played every game. He and Mr Pardew will sink together. Along with Cisse who is crap as well. Offside? whats that?

• 64 cockneymagpie90 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Those people who argued with me about Pardew throughout this whole season, saying hes a good manager and he just needs time bla bla bla!!!…

Go f*** yourselves!!

You were WRONG.

TOONPRODIGY springs to mind and i cant remember the others… you know who are.

All i can say is… ha! :)

• 65 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:27 PM

well lads i really truly completely think that we are gonna get relegated now, we are suppose to be a good team when playing at home but we can’t seem to win at our own ground, west ham are gonna dominate us, QPR are gonna dominate us and Arsenal are gonna send us packing.

How on earth can MA keep AP at a club that want’s to move forward not backwards, he’s an businessman and should be able to spot a weak link to our illustrious club.

the players should hang there heads in shame for playing as they did today and MA should send them packing, we need players who have loyalty, passion and commitment to our club but today shows they have none.

• 66 stuart no9 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM

We really need to sack pards now. delaying it any longer only means less time for a replacement to have any chance of saving us.
    after today, we will not recover under pardew , he is history.
    If he had any decency, he would resign, he would realise we are sinking faster than the titanic and our only hope would be to hire a more , ” tactically astute ” coach, however this is not going to happen , as personal ” compensation ” is much more important than the mess he has inflicted on our club, that could take a few seasons to rebuild. so it is down to mr ashley to save HIS club and save himself about 80M.

• 67 Krul to be Kind // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Cockney

That’s dead clever m8y – getting a kick out of the demise of the team you allegedly support!

Get a grip!

• 68 West Lancs Geordie // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

We set up at the start with a point in mind. Why didn’t he start with a similar line up that finished against Benfica. The biggest problem now is our goal difference advantage has gone as far Wigan are concerned & realistically I think there are only Wigan Villa & maybe Norwich we could finish above. I hate to say it but we do need the Mackems to beat Villa on Monday & then the lasdt match of the season Wigan V Villa could decide who goes down. One win would obviously see us safe but can’t see where it will come from. Two draws should have been enough before today but not now. We need 40 pts.
    And Catchy the Tea lady says she can’t speak French but will go to nite school to learn it if there is a chance of the Manager’s job next season!

• 69 papscrunt // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I think we are just not professional enough. I’d love to see a comparison between us and others. Look at the massive impact Di Canio has made with his training ways. It pains me to say, but we are too British in our thinking. I don’t rate Carver and Stone at all. No other teams has as many training ground injuries as us. And I wouldn’t say our team is crap at all. We have a lot of very good players. They are just poorly coached, very poorly.

• 70 jimmysmith // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Sacking or sticking with the manager right now, with three games to go in such a perilous position is such a massive decision.

The decision really is entirely Ashley’s and not an envious one at all.

If he has lost the players he may realise he needs to quit.

• 71 wynsleap // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM

When a team is in frightening freefall as we are and they are beaten at home 6-0 following a 0-3 reverse in the previous home game it has nothing to do with players performing to their ability, tactics, bad luck or whatever. It basically comes down to the fact that something is usually very wrong within the structure of the club and that is in most cases, the manager.
    Pardew has simply lost the players’ confidence and respect and because of that Ashley should sack him tonight or tomorrow as it will make no difference to our final three results whether he is here or not.
    His team selections are laughable, his lack of positivity, his excuses and his misplaced loyalty to certain players like Jonas and Tiote must be causing grievances in the changing rooms.
    Put Beardsley in charge of the team for the final fling and if, and it’s a big IF, we manage to cling onto our Premiership membership this season Ashley has got to get himself a top respected motivational manager or coach preferably from abroad, with modern tactics, a positive driving approach and someone the players can look up to. And forget about the usual rent a mob managers like Curbishley, Redknapp etc.
    You can chuck all the best players around into this club but if you have a negative, naive and untalented numpty managing them you can forget it.
    Pardew has had his day. Thanks for last year mate but your time is done here.
    Over to you Ashley. You have little time to save this club from losing £60mill and our reputation.
    Don’t forget if you want to play with the big boys importing a top manager is as important as bringing in great players. Oh … and an additional top coaching team would be even better.

• 72 Dulcinea // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Some muppets on here. Will always be 100% behind Ashley. Only complete retards will not see how clearly he has turned this club around (After a tough year or 2 at the start of his reign when maybe the shock of owning a football club and knowing how to properly run it sunk in)

Now as for Pardew, im only pro Pardew in the sense that he is manager of my club right now, and true supporters SUPPORT even in tough times. Would he be my first choice? of course not, there are world class managers out there who are far better, but are we a world class club right now? no were not, are we challenging for world class honours right now? no, so how the hell do any of you muppets expect to attract a world class manager.

I can’t take any of the Pardew haters seriously right now when i read comments from them like “Cabaye is overated, cabaye is a joke” are you serious? a guy who walks into the french national team, who Man united are sniffing around as a possible replacement for SCHOLES? are you serious?

waiting for the regular posters like beattie 25 on here, to respond with something hostile as he beleives he owns the place and doesn’t appreciate an oppising view

• 73 Ben-Arfa11 // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I like pardew but in recent months im getting tired of his excuses and he needs to leave this club a.s.a.p.

We will see in the next few days if mike ashley wants to progress this club in the top tier of the premiership table or relegations candidates everyyear

if we want to be relegation candidates every year then better off sticking with pardew i prefer pardew over redknapp etc you know those over rated oldies who bore the crap out of everyone.

if we want to progress for a top 6 finish every season then the manager has to go for sure

no goals from any corners in a year is an absoulte disgrace set pieces are a crucial factor in winning and losing a game we get a fair share of corners and waste them attrocially something wrong there if we cant put a decent ball in the box and actually score from atleast a few.

also when we go behind in a game the game is usually over when that goal hits the net ok we did come back against chelsea but it doesnt happen often that was just a miracle.

also i wasnt impressed to know that we are the biggest long ball team in the league ppl slate stoke city and west ham for there long ball and hoofball as people call it but atleast it works for them but for us to have more long balls than STOKE CITY YES STOKE CITY there is something seriously wrong there when you got players like anita marveaux ben-arfa santon technically good players yet we play long balls to cisse who is always offside

actually from writing that he needs to go tonight 2moro is to late

• 74 Dulcinea // Apr 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I want to make something clear here, im not defending Pardew – i do actually like the man however im not defending him in the sense that i think he’s the greatest mamager we’ve ever had but he’s our manager right now like it or not and this isn’t all his fault and he’s taking all the flak.

Consider that we’ve brought in 5 players in January. Nealry half a team, do you expect miracles in 4 months?

Consider that some of the players we have are not use to relegation battles, but rather challenging for league titles (debuchy, cabaye anita) and playing in the champs league (yanga-mbia, anita) and may not have the heart for this sort of battle.

Consider we were in the championship not so long ago, and that we qualified for the europa league when we had no right and were punching above our weight.

Consider the fact that having an already depleted team and small squad and competing in the europa league has damaged our season as well. No way would we be in this position of we were not in the europa league (expect this same sort of thing to happen to Swansea next season)

• 75 wynsleap // Apr 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Dulcinea @ 70 – “True supporters support even in tough times”.
    So what you are saying is that true supporters don’t criticise the regime in situ at ANY time?
    I’ve stood, in my younger days, at St. James shouting (sometimes in planned demos) with many other ‘false’ supporters for Bill McGarry to go, for Lord Westwood to go and also for McKeag to sling his hook whilst backing John Hall’s tenure.
    Without us old ‘true’ supporters you probably wouldn’t have had a football club to watch now.
    Being a true supporter isn’t just about blithely accepting any old crap that is given to you but wanting your own club to be the very best and being vociferous in that quest. Grow up man!

• 76 stuart no9 // Apr 27, 2013 at 11:33 PM

dulcinea – it is because of people like you , we are in such a mess. being a so called ” do gooder” you dont help the club as much as you think. in fact you are a danger to the club, for lettin them think they are great when they are totally the opposite.

• 77 Black and White Blood // Apr 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Well this has convinced me once and for all. Gutless sh*te. I actually hated watching us.

• 78 Rake // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I’v actually stuck supporting the team and thus Pardew but yesterday was actually a laughable performance. Pardew needs to leave no fight in a team fighting to stay in the league absolutely disgraceful the players and Pardew need a slap round the chops.

• 79 bobby vee // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Wynsleap/Stuart No9 – You have got it “spot on” lads.
    It is the likes of Dulcinea and other misguided posters
    who are in part responsible for our demise. Ashley has
    turned OUR Club around, give me a break, turned it
    around. have you looked at the league table recently?
    We are a total laughing stock. Here is a club which I have supported for over 60 years MY Club NEWCASTLE UNITED. I have been through the good
    times and bad times, but through it all my unswerving
    loyalty has remained in tact. But what do we have now?
    A club that was respected the length and breadth of the
    land , a Club, my Club NEWCASTLE UNITED now
    in tatters, thanks to THE MUPPETS who have bought
    into a false regime whose ONLY intention is to “bleed”
    OUR Club dry and attempt to extact from us the Pride
    and love we have for OUR Club and City! I have a
    message for these imposters “IT aint going to happen”
    We will not be defeated. A final word “Keep whatever
    faith you may have” Mine IS and ALWAYS will be
    NEWCASTLE UNITED TILL I DIE _ HWTL.

previous post: Last Two Home Defeats The Worst Ever – Ashley Must Make Decision