Pardew – It Was An Awful Performance From Us – 100% Correct

Alan Pardew has talked after the second humiliation in a row at St. James” Park, when Liverpool took us to the cleaners – they hammered us 6-0 and we looked a simply terrible side.

steven taylor after the game

Geordie boy Steven Taylor at the final whistle
Yes – it was that bad

Well – first of all let’s hear what the manager had to say after the game:

“Well unfortunately today we got a bad start to the game and we never got going at all, it was an awful performance from us.” Looking from the sidelines we need to do something about that for next week.”

“The most important message is that we all have to stick together and we have to get disciplined and organised for next week because we got run ragged .”

This was the heaviest home defeat since 1925 – and it seems our players are imploding at the exact wrong time – and rather than  standing up to be counted – playing at St. James’ Park in front of 52,0000 mad screaming Geordies seems too much for a lot of  our players – that’s not good.

And rather than being inspired to reach greater heights – it all seems to be too much for them.

It was certainly too much today, and we quickly conceded a goal after just three minutes – and it was downhill from then on – and quite honestly it looked in those first 25 minutes that Liverpool could score at will – it was that bad.

And of course giving up nine goals in our last two home games does absolutely nothing for our goal difference, which has slumped to -23 – the same as Wigan’s – and it was only -19 at the end of our relegation season four years ago.

Unless we see our players stand up to be counted in the last three games of the season – and we try to help yourselves by getting some points – we could see a second relegation in just four years.

And that’s no an opinion – it’s a fact.

We need to see out players fight like hell to stave off relegation – like we see the other teams in the relegation zone doing – and if we cannot do that – we deserve to be relegated.

It was simply a disgrace today.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• MosesNUFC

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:58 PM

PARDEW OUT BLANC IN
    PLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSEEEEEE

• JackButler

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM

“Looking from the sidelines we need to do something about that for next week.”
    ——————————————————————————-

Looking from everywhere else we need to do something about the sidelines

• jimmysmith

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Cabaye is not a leader, then again nor is Colo.

We have no real leader on or off the pitch going in to arguably the 3 biggest games in the club’s history.

• Laurent Blanc

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM

BLANC IN!!

• Le Belfast 007

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Maybe we would of started better, if you had of picked a positive team like. Instead of playing 10 men behind the ball & square pegs in round holes.

• kevymartins

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM

If pardrew is here to the end he mideswell sit all the players down individuality an just ask them how the feel about where there playing and Where would they rather play and get to the board and draw something up because I don’t think he has noticed that 4-2-3-1 bullshit has been failing epicly all season.

• kilcline

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Guys i have just submitted my CV, please support me in my ambition to become Manager of this truely great club.

I will revert back to what worked last year, 4-3-3!
    I will ensure that the ball is kep on the floor and given to our playmakers in the side!

————————Krul

Saylor——-Colo———-M’Biwa — Haidara

———Cabaye——Anita—–Sissoko

Ben Arfa————Cisse———–Gouffran

I will demand pace and temp and i will ensure Sissoko plays how he did in France.

Back me!

I also enjoy drinking copious amounts of lager.

• Beattie25

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I’m not even going to moan anymore or get upset at his comments. Spent too long trying to fight my point and I’m exhausted.

This today was the single saddest moment in my 21 years of watching Newcastle.

To see our team get thumped, to see the fans walk away and to see our own manager run off and not shake our opponents hands, I feel utterly distraught.

I think I speak for most of those who have been branded as Anti Pardew that I and we never wanted this to happen. We warned it might but I personally so wanted to be wrong. I never ever wanted to see this happen to our club.

My heart is actually broken. It has been for a while but today is was smashed into a thousand million pieces.

I have been wrong about one thing though. I said it could not get worse after the Sunderland game.

• kevymartins

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Also he cannot drop ben arfa that is the player we need at this stage off the season more than anyone

• Le Belfast 007

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Kilcline good to see you’re still a retard… 😉

• G

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Our strength is in the ability to attack from the midfield… so you played defensive AP. Genius, snatching defeats from the jaws of victory. Taxi for Pardew.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I made a comment this morning on here. Billson and somebody else were discussing pardew losing the players and the comments they make in support.

I said that supporting or criticising comments in the press by players prove nothing as they either suck up or have a grudge. I said the key was we haven’t seen a performance where the players haven’t put in a shift and look like they still play for pardew.

Today looked like the players didn’t want to play for the manager. No way do you lose 6-0 to a team devoid of their star (who has either scored or assisted 48% of their goals) playing at home. Today showed me the manager has lost the players.

This is bigger than tactics or anything else as a reason Pardew must go.

This is just my view, how i saw it, others may disagree but from the way we played in my eyes they players have lost faith in their manager.

• Zero

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM

re post
    I thought Llambias had his last breath drawn in the jan transfer window when he wasnt consulted about the deals…. unfortunately he will be sat there saying ”i told you they were sh*te didnt i” when we all know this has to do with Ashley not being able to accept critism on how he runs HIS COMPANY (not football club) and has appointed a YES man. Seriously what manager would escape this kind of run in form, its tragic we are slowly becoming the scum, a laughing stock of the EPL “dont worry lads”, “i think we will win 2-0?, “next season, just wait till next season”, “hes the messiah”, “our owner has a war chest of 50 million to spend”….. i never though id see the day, i really didnt.

• catchy in norway

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

West Lancs Geordie

thing is

i beleive we have a good enough sqaud right now to chalenge the top 4,

our squad is every bit as good as spuds and ars, but we have the wrong guy leading them

i lookk at man u this season,, and omg, there team is poor by there stds, but they have pissed the league,, the right guy can do that,,

pardew is simply not good enough,, his record speaks for itself

beatiie posted something from twitter yesterday, from2005, nothing from a nufc fan,, but i could have wrote it today, as we are the same as it was back then,

do you wonder why there was low moral at southampton?

i dont

ps

id put the tea lady in charge for the last 3 games, i bet she would get a better response than pardew

• kilcline

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

ha Belfast magpie, long time

• Beattie25

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Sage

I think he has lost the majority of the players.

I think the French lot have had enough and the new arrivals agree.

I think he has Perch and Saylor and Elliot.

It’s 2 different teams out there like it is on here.

Pro and Anti

• Munster Mag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Beattie, hundreds of miles away from you mate across the Irish sea, but I feel your pain, believe me. But hey, maybe we can have a David Kelly moment again. Sadly Jimmy is right – we have no leaders. Cabaye is a joke – he has a nasty petulent side that doesnt suit the role. Maybe Tayls can help them out, at least in terms of a voice.

• Zero

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

TS

i was saying pards had lost the dressing room before the sunderland match, no way does a manager fail to get his players pumped up before a crucial derby match.

• Slatymag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Caretaker manager, whoever that may fall to, can’t be any worse. C’mon, can it really be any worse?

Pardew has lost the trust of the players. He over-acheived last season and was quite frankly suprised himself, it’s no shock now that he has came back to his natural level. We have world class players (o.k. we need more goals up front) but there is no way we should be conceding 9 goals in two home matches when fighting a relegation battle.

Get Beardsley, Stone, even Carr, or anyone, to give us a small push that may just, just save us from the drop. A.P has not got the motivational skills to get us out of this mess, and I’m afraid our captain hasn’t got his teamates up for it either.

By the way what was Carr’s managerial record like? I gather it can’t have been much good if he became a scout?

• kevymartins

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

@Beattie your not the only 1..You know I was the first person on here who requested EDD to do a poll to see who wanted him out.

• Le Belfast 007

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I was hoping I would never have to hear from you again Kilcline. You’re probably to blame for this f***** mess in some way.

• Munster Mag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Beattie, you could see he had lost the fringe players when they embarassed him at Brighton. That was a really sad effort, a shocker. He has been slagging off the europa league all season, as if all our better players were playing in it all the time. I think our real problems will start on monday when Villa beat the Mackems. And they will.

• yorkymag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Odds on Pardew sacking drop best available 4 some even

• JackButler

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

@Sage

I think the break down between the manager and players has been building for a long time and the Sunderland game was the breaking point.

We played well in the first half against West Brom then reverted to type and the players can see the negative tactics and it breeds a negative feeling.

Today was a total shambles and an embarrassment and I can’t see how he can get us to take the points we are going to need

• Mag.no

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Every single player, but you Pardew… you can leave! Even with superglue you can’t get them to stick together. Next please.

• geordiejamie89

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I won’t go to watch Newcastle again until Pardew is gone. That is not Newcastle United that has been on display recently.
    It’s Newcastle Not So United that he’s been giving us. Roberto Di Mateo took a disjointed dressing room, albeit of a great squad of players, and won the champions league.
    Newcastle’s dressing room is in tatters, and Pardew doesn’t appear to have anything about him.
    He keeps the players capable of scoring goals on the bench and plays as many defensive players as he can, well that backfired.
    Maybe he should have looked to win the match in the first place.
    And do Newcastle do any training on corners or any defensive training?
    They are playing like they haven’t trained once this season.
    The worst two home games that we’ve had to suffer since I was born.
    Goodbye Alan Pardew, you best be gone by Monday, even the most reserved fans, have lost their patience now, and surely Mike Ashley will see this and see what is best. He knows how to sack a manager so I can’t see Pardew lasting into next week.

• Krul to be Kind

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

21 comments in a matter of moments… Ed get more servers warmed up… were gonna need a bigger boat!

• daztoon-anti christ is that the time

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

@sage
    From the first whistle you could see the players didn’t believe in what Pardew was doing

• Zero

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I think if he is going to be replaced its going to have to be a big name, the french players will not just start playing for a caretaker manager, our players will not stay in the summer for a caretaker manager… it needs to be more than saving the season, it has to be intent, a show of force and determination to get the players to respond in the same way!

• Slatymag

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I really don’t think we need a poll, unless it’s to shove Percy into the tyne.

• Toonboy_84

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I am gutted to see this happening to our beloved club. I really think big mike should make a change. Pardew is so far out his depth it’s embarrassing. It must be curtains for him after the last 2 performances. I certainly won’t shed a tear.

• kilcline

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I want Pardrew gone Belfast!

• cockneymagpie90

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Pardew quoted “All my teams are organised and are on the front foot, looking to win the game, but that wasn’t the case today”….

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Sack him and get him doing stand up…

What a joker!!!

• G

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM

A mate grafting in Kazakhstan has just texted me, asking if the story the AP has been sacked is true? I suspect he’s being wound up, but wouldn’t it be wonderful if the Eastern press had it spot on?

• Transfer Sage

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM

zero

after the derby i thought it was maybe because he had told them they were tired, lowered expectations , and given them excuses so they just didn’t have to perform, gave them an easy option to not put 100% in.

But after today I feell 100% nobody is on his side now, that is the kind of performance at home players give to get a manager out. Exactly the same as when man city let middlesbrough thump them 8-1 a few years ago.

Beattie

Honestly I think those you said on his side aren’t really just perch and saylor will want a english, old school manager as it gives them the best chance to play, i get that (although i think perch is better on the ball that he gets credit).

Not trying to stereotype but french players tend to rebel and do a lot to get rid of a manager, look how they have acted in recent international tournaments.

• Le Belfast 007

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM

It was complete relegation fodder performance, a carbon copy of four years ago like.

I’m away to watch it all over again on match of the day lol

• kevymartins

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM

@Slaty To late for a poll now but I asked him weeks ago for 1

I have said for weeks we have a better chance of staying up without pardrew and every disagreed but when you think about it now it’s to late to dump him…Let him grind out 1 more win and leave with some diginity

• Zero

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM

His head has got to roll now, surely ashley carnt be thinking of keeping him on for next season… can he