The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Disaster Scenario Taking Shape At Newcastle

1:53 am, Sunday, April 28th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 125 Comments

We hadn’t done very well this season when we were knocked out by Benfica in the Europa League two weeks ago last Thursday night – and in fact the team was applauded off the field for their efforts.

mathieu debuchy sent off

Mathieu Debuchy – sent off yesterday for two yellows

But in the three league since then, the wheels have come off at Newcastle, almost completely, and we have picked up just one point, and lost 3-0 to Sunderland at home – which was our worst defeat against the Black Cats since 1979.

And then yesterday, when we needed a win to take us to safety in the Premier League, and make up for the terrible Sunderland defeat, we turned in one of the worst performances ever given by a Newcastle team at St. Jame’s Park – and the worst defeat there since 1925.

So in three games we got one point, conceded 10 goals and scored just one.

We have three games left and our best bet is that Wigan do not get the five points in their remaining four games to catch us.

The next best bet is that Sunderland hammer Villa on Monday night, and Villa do not get the three points they need to catch Newcastle.

The third best bet and the most unlikely, is that we can save ourselves by getting three points from our last three games.

We are at West Ham and QPR in the next two games, and if we play anywhere near the way we played yesterday, we’ll lose both games.

And then we have Arsenal at home in our last game, and given that Sunderland and Liverpool hammered 9 goals past us in the last two home games – we just point out that Arsenal are a better side than any of those two – and the London side always does well at the business end of the season.

If Wigan and Villa catch us and we finish 3rd bottom and are relegated – after finishing 5th top last season – then we have nobody to blame but ourselves because when the chips were down – we crumbled.

And we’ll again be humiliated as a football club.

Just like we were yesterday in the shameful display against The Reds.

It was a complete and utter disgrace and the players and manager let the club down – big time.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Europa League · European Competition · Premier League

125 responses so far ↓

• 1 Schwefelberg // Apr 28, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Most definetely Ed.

But not for Ashley.

People say that Ashley will lose £50 million if relegated.

But he will have much of this hedged out by now.

The owners and founders of Wronga (Senior members of the Conservative Party – did you know?) will be more troubled as

relegation was not in the business model.

• 2 Novocastrian66 // Apr 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Oh well. Looking on the bright side there’s 23 home games to look forward to next season.

• 3 Toon Tang // Apr 28, 2013 at 2:01 AM

aye debuchy’s wild lunge at the end was the most animated i saw him all afternoon. played their strikers on a few times by not stepping up. a couple of times were costly but i suppose in the grand scheme of things it didnt matter coz we were already dead and buried.

night all

• 4 cockneymagpie90 // Apr 28, 2013 at 2:26 AM

The manager has let the team down… which in turn has let the fans down.

Its all stemmed off the clueless work of Pardew.

Goodnight.

• 5 BigKirky // Apr 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I’ve just caught up with the comments. What an abysmal game and after that the players have no confidence in the manager. His position is simply untenable now.

I stayed until the final whistle and beyond. To be fair on Elliot Sissoko and Cabaye they all still came over and clapped us few who had stayed, but still…

I’m ultra flat and sad. Can’t even be bothered to type. Sunderland game was the worst I’ve experienced but I think this has beaten that (and one after another at home). As soon as I saw Gouffran and Ben Arfa doing their pre match warm up on the left side of the pitch instead of the main group I knew we’d lost as he’s just going defensive again.

Hopefully one of the other teams takes that third bottom spot.

52,000 don’t deserve to be humiliated like that. Pardew’s arrogance is on another level.

I saw the guy through the scarf in front of the dugout. Was there prob 15-30 seconds before Carver grabbed it and gave it to a steward.

The movement of Liverpool’s players is pre planned and coordinated unlike Pardew’s abomination of hope tactics. Always two or three runners when one of their players touched the ball.

I’d probably just let Carver have the last three games and let him just try and get some attacking out of them.

I know someone who was working with the playing staff and they left simply because of Pardew, as he was an arrogant and generally not a very nice person. He treated some of the players like crap apparently. Well that’s catching up with him at the moment isn’t it.

Also, the Pardew works on defence 4 days out of 5 isnt necessarily correct as I’m told the players get/got a Tuesday off, so theres even less. (Di Canio had immediately scrapped Sunderlands day off by the way)

If you spend the majority of your week practicing defending, you will have no plan of attack and will be playing to draw or lose.

With practicing ball retention and creating chances you are playing to win and with that, you are in fact defending at the same time.

• 6 Jayk // Apr 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM

The team has no character and is thick in my opinion.

Bunch of merceneries in it for the money, especially Cisse, Sissoko and Mbwia.

The club should make an effort to get more local lads threw the academy.

• 7 Goodfella // Apr 28, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Big Kirky
    You must read my mind

• 8 Goodfella // Apr 28, 2013 at 3:06 AM

From previous thread Pardew please just f off and give us a chance

• 9 Goodfella // Apr 28, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Ed can you please sort this out.pop ups spoiling our site. ( it might just be on iPad)

• 10 jimmysmith // Apr 28, 2013 at 3:15 AM

A walk in the park for Liverpool, St James’ Park.

Our darkest hour!

• 11 Goodfella // Apr 28, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Said this hours ago but WE NEED A NEW MANAGER TO GIVE THE PLACE A LIFT if not were down

• 12 Jamiemac // Apr 28, 2013 at 3:23 AM

These pop ups are a disgrace.. Sort it out!

• 13 Goodfella // Apr 28, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Jamiemac you on a iPad mate?

• 14 pbandj // Apr 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM

It has to be clear to Mike that Pardew must go now. He clearly fails to motivate the players at a vital time (not that the players shouldn’t take some blame) but this was a clear opportunity to face a liverpool side without their best player . The results earlier in the day had somewhat gone in our favor with wigan drawing and southampton losing. Yet we came out looking like a team already defeated. Pardews defensive attitude didn’t help and it was too late to implement changes when we were already 2-0 down. The question is if it’s worth sacking Pardew now or wait until the end of the season when we might be playing in the wankership again…

• 15 MagpieNiff // Apr 28, 2013 at 4:29 AM

3 different browsers = pop up hell. 3 different computers = pop up hell.

• 16 Premiership Manager // Apr 28, 2013 at 4:33 AM

I can’t remember being so disappointed in a season. I’ve stuck with Pardew and Ashley’s business model because I could see the long term benefits however I am now wondering if we could have gotten it more wrong?

As soon as the team sheet was announced I knew we wouldn’t have any chance of winning. Negative does not even describe it. No width, no attacking options and no support for Cisse was always going to be a recipe for disaster. We’d have been better off playing Perch in a back three with two wing backs.

Pardew’s tactics and team selection have been wonderfully inept for a seasoned manager at Premiership level and although he can cite injuries as part of the problem there are much bigger issues at the heart of the problem.

Lambias and Ashley’s business model based on young promising players needs to be balanced with experience and English, home grown Premier League players.

Sisoko is a good player however he is not an attacking midfielder and to get the best out of him we need him to be playing alongside Cabaye so that one can attack while the other holds back supporting the defence.

Width wise we have nothing as our best crosser of the ball is Hadaria with Simpson a close second. How we can have so many central midfielders is beyond me but somebody needs to take a close look at the squad as there are far to many holes in it.

Currently the club lack heart, ambition, pace and experience and this needs to be addressed.

Simpson has had his critics however for me he is a better defender than Debuchy. Ben Arfa is a luxury we don’t need and if an offer came in for Tiote or Anita I’d sell tomorrow.

Lescott is unsettled at City and he’d be the first player through the door with Lukaku or Benteke. Nzogbia and Hoilett would be next as we need two wingers with pace who can run the line and cross the ball or cut in and score when required.

Despite the French revolution and alleged “bargain buys” we need a massive investment if we are to progress and for me I’d start tomorrow morning by getting on the phone and signing up Benitez when the season closes as Pardew lacks the tactical know how, drive, passion and determination to take the club any further.

• 17 davetoon // Apr 28, 2013 at 4:51 AM

firefox with adblock… no ads ever

• 18 jimmysmith // Apr 28, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Our Chateu Lafite is turning into Chateau Disappointment!

Too many Frenchmen on that pitch.

This is the EPL, Ash – can’t get away with it.

• 19 roshan MAGPIE // Apr 28, 2013 at 5:58 AM

how many of you think that we should have added too many German players than French players

• 20 true toon // Apr 28, 2013 at 6:03 AM

After watching the match last night. Here are a couple of Facts

1) We are going down unless we can get at least one win and a draw in our remaining games.

2) We are going to get worse with AP regardless of who we buy and in the championship or EPL.

3) Our star players will leave at the end of the season. NUFC simply have no ambition

4) No players would want to come if AP is in charges and MA not willing to spend.

• 21 JAMSHA // Apr 28, 2013 at 6:30 AM

We R Screwd…. Fkn We Loose Match, an My Reports Shows M Haven TB, Bad Days Ahead :-(

• 22 Santon03 // Apr 28, 2013 at 6:43 AM

watching last 2 games feels like watching the game when Bowyer and Dyer fighting each other. It’s embarassing! pardew has to go

• 23 Williamsonsuks // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Why is Ashley even contemplating Pardews position?
    When I seen the team line up i thought JESUS that’s a defeat. Benny and goofy should’ve started Tiote gets penned in when ever available , completely ridiculous, the guy has been pathetic all season.
    PARDEW PISS OFF YOU NUMPTY!!!!!!

• 24 Novocastrian66 // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM

I want to go and hide until 18:00 on the 19th of May. This season has gone from bad to worse and probably worse again. Shocked but not surprised by yesterday’s result.
    Talking before the game and was given short shrift by the lads for suggesting we’re down and would lose to Liverpool. I cannot see anyway out of this mess.

• 25 Williamsonsuks // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Sacking a manager at this point in the season usually results in disaster, me personally would take that chance right now!
    To concede 10 goals in 3 games is shameful. I’ve not heard Pardew’s excuse TBH not interested, nothing he can say will justify our last 3 performances. Those 3 games were our most important of the season and yet the team were a no show. Pardew has proved time and time again he is clueless. He has no answers when the 5hit hits the fan. What are his tactics exactly. If we would break the game down in reality, It’s a game of football FFS. I was all for giving him 1 more season but Pfft scrap that. PARDEW OUT!!! ACTIVE IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

• 26 check the toastie // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I have watched some shite over the years, however i have to say that yesterday was the most dissapointing and clueless display i have ever seen from a newcastle side.

Pardew should have been sacked at xmas, he is the worst manager in the PL by a country mile.

Just unbelievable. Anybody who didnt see this coming are as deluded as Parsnip himself, people in the ground yesterday still saying that the players Pardew has arnt good enough, having a go at Ashley, it beggers belief. Perch and Tiote over Anita, Sissoko still playing up top, Jonas over Goofy and Benny. Oh My God….

In his post match interview he talked about needing more experience on the pitch. You all know what that means, next week we are going to see Shola.

Inept C##t.

• 27 check the toastie // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I think all the players arnt bothered if we go down as all of their relegation clauses will be triggered. They are all clearly sick of playing for a total balloon.

Never seen a Newcastle team give up in the last 20 minutes like i did yesterday, it was a joke.

• 28 neilinho // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I think judging on the past two days its almost inevitable that Andy Carrol, Loic Remy and a guy we were linked with for SO long Gervinho will probably do us over.

• 29 neilinho // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM

games* not days**

• 30 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:46 AM

catchy in norway // Nov 26, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I love you guys who think that this is just a blip and Pardew will pull us through this,

I love the fact that for 2 years you have been watching that team not play as a team and you still it’s all great,,

• 31 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Sitting in the Bridge having a couple of pints when one of the lds read out the team – thoughts oh shit hes going for the Benfica tactics – hold them at 0-0 for 60-70 minutes bring on Ben Arfa and Goufron to get the goal – OH FU*K back to the drawing board after 3 minutes.
    Why try and contain a team at home – beggars belief.

Parts of the game we looked good passed and moved but we have no cutting edge or movement – to slow in everything they do – As one mickey mouser put it after the game – we looked frightened to do/try anything then that means relegation.

I’ve stood up for Pardew all season had some stick on here but I think it’s time to move him on and the backroom staff.

The toon have got the next two games to win cos they will get nowt at home against Arsenal..
    can see the headlines next week

‘West Hammers United’
    ‘Carroll and Nolan hammer another nail in United’s coffin’

Depressed you bet I am

Check

you’re right
    The players can walk away
    the manager can get sacked, walk away
    I could give my season ticket up
    BUT I CANNOT SUPPORT SOMEONE ELSE – IT HURTS LIKE HELL

• 32 taker83 // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Being in europe is what the team and players want>We were there and lost.Its okay.To say we are doing bad because of europe is STUPID.Alan Pardew should have anticipated things as he is the Newcastle Manager. He together with LAmbass and ASSley failed us.

I dun know wat the fck the players do in training.Steve stone mite be picking up stones, Carver mite have been carving his coffin, Pardew wud have been plucking Assley’s pubic hair.

Alan pardew should LEAVE.Were were made laughing stock by arsenal 7-3, liv 6- 0 and for sure last game of the season, we will get thrashed 9 or 10-0 bcoz the defense is fcked up and the tactics are sht!And yeah gutirez will have goal attempt but unfortunately, the target when up to the stands and hit assley’s balls instead of goal.
    Pardew just fck off…please

• 33 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM

For me you guys who still think Pardew is the man to take us forward must know not one thing about football, you look at tables and think 5th ooooo he is good,

You think fans like me and a few others like me( Beattie for one) just don’t like Pardew , and would not give him a chance or still won’t give a chance because we seen through all the bullshit early on in his career with us

He says what he thinks ppl want to hear, he always has, he loves to point fingers and direct the blame away from him , making himself the victim ,

He was telling you that players like obertan are players that this club needs , when the kid is in the top ten of the worst players ever at Man U and to prove his point he tried to ruin the kids confidence,

Us negative fans where saying last year that 3 or even 2nd place was up for grabs , but Pardew was to scared to let his team attack,

Players like jonas are lost, I don’t think I have ever seen players that are good look so bad in such a short space of time , the football has got so bad you even believe players like perch has proved so much he is now like tiote when infact Pardew has reduced tiote to perches level, cabaye omg what a talent , even this season I watch him and god we are lucky to have him , Pardew has made him look like a pub player because he is out of his best position

Cisse and Ba can work together , but they need a supply line

Why most of you think changing formation will work is beyond me, all formations work , it’s about putting the best players in the right positions to get the best out of them, not about putting your best player on the pitch,
    Get the players to do there job, you say young Ferg isn’t ready I say he is the best crosser of the ball at the club, feed him the ball and say just put quality into the box
    HBA is totally wasted out on the right,, he don’t see enough of the ball,

Your more worried about losing Pardew than our top players , I just carnt get my head around that, players play how the manager sets them up, if they like the guy they will run through a brick wall for him , our players won’t even run for ours,

• 34 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Llambass he is equally to blame , the guy thinks he can walk into football and call the shots, fucking this and f*****g that I’m no mug, he is the biggest mug in football , as now every team in jan will hold out for top dollar or why sell?
    You as fans are saying we need 3/4/5 in jan , think it over, how many top players are available in January?
    We got cisse as his team were about to be relegated and they needed the money, but think back to then we needed defenders , we got a forward, what made it wore was he was also goin to ACN, did we need him, I’m thinking Ba would have scored goals if he had of been in the centre and not left wing, we actually got to fifth carrying ba on the left,

Think of the games we got hammerd , Pardew had no clue how to fix it, errr shola , long ball

He needs sacked now

• 35 thai-mag // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:52 AM

if Jonas kicks another ball for us this season or next for that matter I’ll do my nut, what is he Pardews love child, but away next 2 games I just know he will be playing, I know Pardew likes a gamble, I wonder if he’s had a big bet on us going down at the start of the season

• 36 Dannyo // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Did anyone else pick up on Ryders tweet to Abeid?

“@reelM_abeid if you want an answer to your DM, you know what to do.”

Start the speculation.

• 37 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM

no danyo

still love pardew ?

• 38 The Curse Of Wonga // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM

My mate was at the match yesterday, he got a glimpse of Pardews notebook and it read:

“Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls Ed Balls”

• 39 valle // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I was hoping to wake up to the news that Pardew was gone… am not sure that he will get sacked at all though. I like what MA is trying to do, but im just not sure whether he can/will sack AP. m also not sure that he can appoint someone to take us forward. He needs to go abroad for that and he havnt done so up untill this point in time. If he ends up appointing someone like Di Metteo then it would all have been for nothing. I cant believe the names some of you people are screaming for, sorry but its utter clueless. I have seen Di Metteo, Keegan and Clark mentioned and it piss me off. I would be happy with some foreigner that most of us didnt know much about but who was starting out and had huge potential, but that would take a very knowledgeable upstairs team

• 40 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM

the next page said
    long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls long balls

• 41 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:17 AM

valle

dimatteo and keegan,, sure,, there not good enough

but clarke,, not a bad young manager, still lots to prove, but plays the game the right way

• 42 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Think the fact demba ba is still our top scorer in the PL just shows how poor we’ve been creatively this season!

• 43 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM

ED

PLEASE RUN A POLL,

SEE HOW MANY WANT TO KEEP PARDEW

OR SACK PARDEW

A SIMPLE YES OR NO ONE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• 44 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:24 AM

toonarmydownsouth

this is how it has been for a long time now,, i thought it was like this last season to,

we played with 2 wingers that could not create anything,

relied on HBA way to much

for what its worth, i think pardew has a couple of players behind him, and makes the team up with players from the not behind him group, only because he has to field 11 players

his ego wont let him quit

sad times

• 45 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Catchy
    Unfortunately mate I think if you take benny out we don’t have any wingers that can cross!!
    So you have to ask why the instance on attacking the wings?
    We never try and build well through the middle with short quick passing

• 46 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM

toonarmydownsouth

i dont think benny puts enough crosses in from the wing to warrent him being stuck out there, we lose to much of his game,

and like you say, we have more than enough players to play short sharp passes,

cabaye, marv, anita, sissoko, all have great ability on the ball

our best crosser of the ball is fergy

• 47 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Morning all,

Not going to be around for long, as frankly, don’t fancy the likely abuse that will come my way.

What the fcuk was that? Regardless of who is / was right or wrong, at this point, Ashley or Llambias need to get some control. If Pardew has lost the dressing room then he needs to go. If they want to play for Pardew then he should stay. Whatever is going to get professional footballers playing is what is needed right now, don’t care who is instructing them.

What an embarrassment, absolutely gutted.

• 48 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM

ibiza

whats your thoughts on the dressing room?

• 49 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM

ps good morning

• 50 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Catchy…Honestly I don’t know. I’m definitely not going to argue that they’re all behind Pardew, I’m not sure either way. It could be a case of horrid confidence and fear.

Have to say though, if this is some sort of player protest they can all go fcuk themselves. This is bigger than Pardew, this is our football club. We may not always agree on here, but we do all love our club.

• 51 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Catchy….There isn’t anything good about this morning, but I appreciate the sentiment.

• 52 Keith in France // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Just watched Sunday MoD -couldn’t bear to watch last night! Neville said it was the worst defensive performance he has ever seen in the PL – Shearer was shell shocked I think.

No matter what you think of Ashley – he’s no mug . He’s used to being successful – just look at Sports Direct and their recent results.

Imagine if it was you watching the team you owned play like that -players on 50K+ per week, a manager who has lost the plot and coaching staff just not up to the level required.

You would cut out the deadwood, bring in new blood
    and rebuild the business -in this case the team.

Watch this space!

• 53 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Would be nice to know if Pardew has lost the dressing room.
    If he has he has got to go.
    Something ain’t right with that display yesterday.
    Yeah dippers were good
    But we were shite
    No team = No points
    No fight = No points

• 54 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Catchy
    When you add to that that cisse isn’t great in the air then why constantly pump the ball in
    It’s crazy

I think despite Ashley’s work to build a stable club with good foundations, he’s got it wrong
    He’s got the finances sorted, great but he’s a buisnesman that’s his forte

But football isn’t so why hasn’t he surrounded himself with football people?
    I mean c’mon Ashley get shot of llambais he knows FA about football

Then he’s appointed a manager on the lowest wage in the league, surrounded him with sub standard coaches from an outdated football background in carver and stone, and signed a tonne of players on low wages from an inferior league

He’s failed to upgrade the youth set up and it’s still cat B, to much about NUFC has become about finances, from employing a limited manager to signing players for there price rather than maybe there importance/position

Summer needs to be a complete overhaul because no one wants to a relegation battle every season!

• 55 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Charlie…That’s where it starts and stops for me right now.

• 56 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Ibizatoon

i think what you have to remember is that most of these players have no real connection with our club, there paid to do a job, and like most places of work, some like the boss while others dont,

IMO he lost the french players a long time ago, and he made it worse for himself by adding more of them to the group, thats a huge french click in there,

for me its 2 factors with pardew, his style of football, is not good for our ball players, it makes them look bad players, cabaye, watches the ball sail over his head, thats a crime,
    his treatment of marv and abeid for that matter, has been shocking,

for me,, as you know, not a pardew fan,, but he never does whats best for the club, he tries to help our bad playes, but while doing this he is killing our good ones,,

very poor man manager

• 57 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Ibiza
    As far as I’m concerned there all in this together

Pardew set the team up so wrong yesterday, I mean HBA and Goofy on the bench with anita
    Tiote walks straight back in
    Perch partners him?
    I’m mean ffs were the home team and he set up to contain and defend its ludicrous

As for the players disgraceful absolutely disgraceful
    There professional footballers ffs regardless of tactics you don’t just roll over
    I genuinely want to see tiote flogged on the summer can’t stand to see him in our kit anymore
    Taylor needs replacing ASAP, if that swap deal story is true I’ll drive Taylor to marseille myself

• 58 yorkymag // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Morning all Odds have shortened again on Pardew to go now 9/4 let’s hope the bookies are hearing the right noises .
    The dressing room is without doubt not happy with Pardew but that’s hardly breaking news .
    If I were a bricklayer and my boss asked me to lay a patio I not sure i would be over the moon
    How must sissoko cabaye perch feel playing out of position never mind Cisse up front on his own what ever you think about him he is not a target man.oh and Anita what has he to do to get a game
    And then the kids what has Pardew done to encourage any of our youngsters they have all gone backwards
    Is it any wonder the dressing room is not at one with the manager
    Coupled with all that he is not the brightest .
    The difficult trick now is getting 3 more points with morale and spirit so low but that is again stating the obvious
    I think we will be relegated on goal difference unless a miracle happens

• 59 IITianToon // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I just hope we somehow limp over the line.. Colo and Marv back will be a big bonus IF we play as a team.
    That lunge from Debuchy was the most worrying thing of the day; he clearly went in to get sent off. I hope that wasnt a middle finger to Pards.

• 60 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Catchy…I know they’re not local and that it’s a job to them, however part of that job is to act like you give a toss. As a fan, I’d rather they went to Llambias and just said we’re not playing for him, than go out on the field and play like that, if that is the issue here. I’m not convinced it is, but appreciate it’s extremely probable.

Not sure his treatment of Abeid is shocking at all tbh. Marv? 50/50. A lot of this opinion is based on an interview some time back with Marv saying i’ve been 100% fit for ages, which may or may not be true. Truth is for large parts he is a passenger, although of late, that has improved considerably. Marveaux would actually feature in our most played 11 this season.

• 61 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // Apr 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Sorry lads, going out. Likely catch up with you later.

Off to go punch some livestock.

• 62 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Luckily the astute businessman Mike Ashley has put relegation clauses in to the players contracts so we won’t be faced with a situation Where Pl quality players hang around stealing money while we languish in the lower leagues.

• 63 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM

tads

i fully agree

from top to bottom

DL/AP/JC / ST

for me these 4 have let the club down

i think the players need to look in the mirror, and if there is a problem, someone should have had a meeting with DL and MA to explain why

• 64 yorkymag // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Catchy
    They did and Ba was told to f …off
    Read his comments since leaving
    They simply don’t want to hear

• 65 jasper // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I have posted infrequently all season to criticise Pardew’s tactics and team set up and the self evident lack if team spirit and co-ordination. Failure to support the ball carrier and a total vacuum in advanced midfield. Add to that severe doubts as to fitness levels.

I support MA’s business model in so much as it parallels Arsenal and Everton and sticks to FFP. But his inability to recognise the need for a quality management team is an extraordinary failing. I cannot see ant evidence that AP, SS or JC have anything to recommend them.

Along with other posters my head sank as the team was announced yesterday, to set out for 0 – 0 from the outset was the action of a moral coward bereft of any idea of what to do.

I cannot see how anything could be worse under just about any stop gap manager you could care to mention ( well ok not Kinnear ….).

And asfar as the blog goes more than a few owe Catchy an apology…… You know who you are.

• 66 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Ibizatoon

i think if you look at our whole MF there all passengers,,

when they have movment infront of the or runners of the ball, we have a few that CAN pick a pass,

but we have only cisse up front , santon breaking from LB

im so embarresed to have players like perch and jonas in our MF, im more gutted that some fans think these are good players,
    the fact is the good player we have have sunk so low, they now accept as good players

• 67 NUFC FOR SALE // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I totally agree that Pardew has to go but in the summer not now. If I was ashley though I would let it be known that the change will be made so that the players have something to look forward to next season.
    Pardew is like my grandad trying to use a computer. ..hes from another era. We have good footballers at this club but a manager who has no idea how to get the best out of them.
    Rather than Pardew admitting hes behind the times and reverting to a 4-4-2 with shola alongside cisse he has tried to stick with this 4-5-1 formation to try and kid the world he knows how to play modern football. ..he doesn’t.
    I guarantee jonas collo simpson shola r all back for next game.

On another note I wish people would knock off going on about ben arfa playing. …hes a luxury player this club cant afford.

• 68 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:13 AM

JFA
    Thank f for that, I was having nightmares about coming straight back up!!

I think it’s safe to say that if pards is still here this morning he won’t be going anywhere until the summer atleast

• 69 Patoon // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Hav 2 feel sorry 4 Tiote, he’s clearly a player with zero confidence, has 2 b down 2 management and wot he’s bein drilled in training, a player just doesn’t go from wot he was 2 wot he is out of the blue, and ther’s more than him, Sissoko isn’t a shadow of the player he was when he joined, Cabaye just disappears in games, Saylor looks completely crap, Jonas is complete sh1te but stil starts every game, how pumping the ball up 2 Cisse is ever gonna work is beyond me, he’s not even a good target man 4 a start and even if he was wots he supposed 2 do, he’s all alone, is he supposed 2 bring the ball down and take it round 4 defenders and score, even if he was allowed 2 catch the fckin ball he couldnt do that ffs

• 70 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM

yorkymag

i said this in nov last year, and got shot down,,

both BA and Colo went to AP, and AP said they fought and did not speak for a week, cos there both winners,

BA was sold, im sure he loves it on the banch, colo tried to leave, and in many ways he has left,

• 71 yorkymag // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Jasper
    I am with you ,I missed my first game in over three years yesterday because the football served up is simply awful and my simple protest was to stay at home
    It’s hard to remember worse but then sourness and big fat Sam were close
    I hope for a miracle

• 72 Hatem's better than Messi // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Pardew – “Liverpool looked faster, sharper, better organised than us all day today.”

That’s your job – You’ve had 2.5 seasons to get them to a level of fitness you want and get them organised.

No midweek match, no dodgy pitch or bad decisions, no hiding Alan.

It is all you fault. Time to go.

• 73 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Anyone notice Ben Arfa having a long chat with Enrique on the pitch yesterday.
    Most likely telling Enrique that he be joining him this summer

• 74 yorkymag // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Catchy

I don’t see a solution ,this is probably the worst crisis in leadership at nufc that I have seen in my 30 years
    Where oh where do we go from here

• 75 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:19 AM

NUFC FOR SALE

i think your so wrong about HBA,, our team should be built around him

he is a luxury player out on the right,

he is a no 10, in every sense , not a winger

• 76 yorkymag // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Charlie
    It makes no difference
    We could have messi bale and ronaldo
    Pardew would be unable to manage
    Always has always will
    But I don’t have an answer

• 77 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM

jasper

these posters have as big an ego as pardew,, it will never happen,
    what will happen, is they will go away, and come back in a few month, and act like they didnt want pardew here all alaong

shame on them

billson, manxpie, 2 of my faves :) these know football

• 78 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM

NUFC FOR SALE
    Well I think simmo obviously will be back seeing as debs got sent off, might not be a bad thing since I think he’s upped his game since jan

I think colo returning could be a HUGE boost as long as its for Taylor in order to bring some calm and organisation to our back line

Jonas will probably start, I’m not going to get on at jonas, it’s not his fault he’s picked to play in 4-5 positions a season and always gives 100%

Shola against west ham for half hour could be a good thing, he was the only player who looked liked he gave a fcuk yesterday, he’ll be hurting as badly as the rest of us

• 79 Hatem's better than Messi // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Worst home defeat in 90 years.
    Worst defeat to Liverpool in 120 years.

Then to cap it all out brave brave leader runs down the tunnel without shaking hands with Rodgers.

I still can’t believe the way he ran away. Cowardly little shit.

• 80 Patoon // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM

catchy in norway

Agree about Benny, but the long ball game doesn’t suit him as does it not 4 any of our players, we can’t even c ben arfas real potential until pardew goes

• 81 valle // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM

catchy… In my humble opinion we need to bring a foreigner in who who have a passing/attacking strategy and who might bring in some new schools of thought on how things are to be done in everything from dicipline to diets

• 82 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM

yorkymag

its not easy

but removing pardew, has to be a start,

i think the players will see that they are not stuck with him and play with more freedom

john c and steve s should also be shown the door, these so called geordies have let us down big time,

more interested in lining there pockets than our club

• 83 Hatem's better than Messi // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM

HBA looks heavy, he’s not running passed many … I remember one surge, they all look like they’ve had enough.

I can’t see us getting another point.
    We’re not going to score, we’re not going to keep a clean sheet.

• 84 catchy in norway // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM

valle

agreed

looking around europe , there are many good coaches that would love to manage a top 20 ( in europe) club

great squad, just low on morall

• 85 jimmysmith // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM

My team for away day at the Hammers

Harper

Simmo Taylor Colo Anita

Tiote

Sissoko Cabs

HBA Marv

Gouffran

A bit more experience, and Goofy up front cos he doesn’t fancy the wing and he’s genuinely fast and will put in a shift in his preferred position and let Tiote off his leash, Pards.

• 86 Patoon // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Completely fed up now, not gonna rite anythin on the blog again til Pardumb goes, don’t think i can bare 2 watch any more of our games either bcos it is just making me so so pissed off, so ADIOS AMIGOS and lets hope i’l b back on by 2moro evening

• 87 toon22 // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM

The team has given up.
    The crowd have lost interest.
    AP has run out of excuses and looks lost.

Our only hope is results go our way as we arnt going to get another point this season.How can AP pretend hewill be the boss next season?
    Do you think with AP as boss they will sell many season tickets or fill the ground?
    We could by Messi/Ronaldo/RVP whoever and we would turn them into over weight shite in 3 months tops.

Lets hope some billionare with the lust to spend some money building a team decides to buy the fat one out of the mess he has created!!

• 88 Panzermeyer // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

We’re the worst team in the PL and we’re going down, that’s pretty certain now.

AP will go but the real problem at our club is fat boy, it all starts there.
    He messed up Keegans 2nd coming with the bizzarre Denis Wise has final say on players madness.
    Gets us relegated.
    We get a decent manager who wins the championship and he sacks him and brings in a no-hoper.
    He sells our Stadium’s name and covers it in his own advertiseing. (Does anyone else hate those moving hoardings around the pitch)
    We’re the 20th richest club in the world, but don’t buy top players, just sell them.
    He does a sponsership deal with a loan shark. Which incidentily coincided with our demise this season. Next year our players might as well be trotting out in the Championsip with ‘I love satan’ on their shirts’.

Fat boy has disgraced this proud club. The worst owner in our history. We need someone to rescue us, because just changing the manager wont be enough

• 89 Joe Blog // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Was hoping to hear he’d gone by now. The mere fact he’s not is really grating on me and will continue to, until he’s kicked to the curb!

• 90 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM

catchy

from comments earlier this year carver said pardew does 4 days defensive training then leaves carver friday to work on attacking

if carver is the attacking coach sack pardew now and let him work on attacking all week with them.

• 91 NUFCarter // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I still haven’t come to terms that we lost 6-0 at home yesterday. Was it a dream?

• 92 BandB // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Pardew, or Ashley, Llambias, or the players to blame?
    It hardly feels time for an inquest, while points are still to be fought for.
    But I don’t foresee a fight. From the moment Pardew said: “Eighth was the target…it still is.” my heart was in my shoes.
    A disorderly season-long retreat has turned into a full-scale rout. There’ll be no last stand.
    In my view this stems back to the Ashley fans proudest moment…the sale of Andy Carroll. Ashley was man who’d made his money from playing hardball with great companies that had fallen on hard times. You got people over a barrel, and screwed them.
    Taking the pee over Carroll confirmed to him that football was just the same as selling shoes. It emboldened him to think he could position and retail his club and his players like a marketing strategy.
    Why was eighth the target? Because how do you sell on the players you’ve bought mainly for their imagined resale value to bigger clubs, if you ARE a big club? Eighth was the perfect platform. Money for old rope.
    But the great one hadn’t learned that football is a game played for points, and that footballers are not inert trading commodities.
    Pardew was a manager with previous. His track record showed him to be an old-school manager. Good players came in after the sale of Carroll. But Ba took a while to arrive and Enrique (not sold for “silly money”, but because he refused to be paid on the cheap any longer) still hasn’t been compensated for. It took an injury to Ryan Taylor for him to begrudgingly deploy Ben Arfa, which smacked of his previous misuse of Maschereno and Tevez.
    He spoke last season of relying on players to get a special goal. Last season, the luck held. We should have know it would run out.
    The let-down of the summer transfer window and the decision to retrench had Ba and Colo looking for the door. The rest of the team took note, Tiote among them. In private, Pardew was telling journalists not to expect a repeat of last season. It wasn’t being attempted.
    Pardew is used to being the underdog, and looking to defend and grab one on the break. He did this even against Fulham and Sunderland. At home. He concedes the run of the midfield to the opposition, leaving his unsuited striker, isolated. Even out of form teams and those low on confidence take a look and say “fill your boots lads.” His defence is bigger of heart than brain. We play the worst football in the division and have scarcely scored the kind of well-worked goal other teams score weekly. He snidely blames his players far too often. They do not seem ready to break sweat for him.
    My son turned to me after the second goal yesterday and said, “can we sack him at half time.”
    I suspect some of our posters have a certain sensibility, and have rather enjoyed seeing a Berkshire-based businessman
    dishing out a dose of austerity to the deluded Geordies. Maybe they think we need another blast of icy reality.
    Second tier football is not, to any fan, “a price worth paying.”

• 93 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I hate relying on other results and this season is parallel to 2008 now
    So today we need a reading QPR draw and worst of all we need the mackems to beat villa

• 94 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM

BandB

Selling isn’t the issue. Only carroll was sold for big money, other’s were just near end of contract or release clauses.

Arsenal, Spurs and Dortmund have shown by selling and investing well you can have some success, more so Dortmund but spurs and arsenal are at least pushing for champs league.

• 95 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM

tads

anything can happen with reading and QPR…they can’t catch us so we are fine.

We do need the mackems to thump villa too.

I still have faith we can get a win at QPR though.

• 96 jettson1971 // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Pardew OUT!!
    No tactics
    Nonous
    No idea
    Worst records ever by a Ncle manager, embarressing!
    Time to walk, if he had any credibility or idea he would resign!!
    Not good enough for a ncle manager, last season was a fluke, nowt more.

• 97 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Sage
    I was thinking more along the lines of if QPR are confirmed relegated by the time we play them there big earning mercs will have nout to play for

Like I said its sad to be relying on factors like this

• 98 nico // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I was at the game as usual yesterday but thought I’d think about my post first.
    Tactics yesterday were dreadful. Cisse up front with no support. When Cisse dropped into midfield, nobody switched forward. The whole pattern was very straight lined. We seem to have a lot of players who either can’t think for themsleves, or are not allowed to play their natural game.
    When the new players came, they played with freedom and instinct, got forward and enjoyed playing. This has gone now. The French have never had the greatest temporament, that is showing now.
    There was no fight yesterday, no passion and no belief that the manager knows what he’s doing.
    Sissoko is not a right winger, Gutti is not good enough. Tiote is poor and lost all confidence, Perch is no Marvo. Cabaye’s play is inaffective because there’s no movement and only one run at a time.
    Set peices are rubbish, Cabaye can’t knock a ball into the right area.
    With confidence shot, will we get another point this season?? If we don’t we are down.
    Pardew has had his shot. To late to sack him now, but he has to go. New ideas are needed. I could see what was going to happen yesterday by the side he put out. I didn’t however see that the players would not graft.
    I’m angry at what I saw. Liverpool have progressed so well and looked good.
    6 English players in their starting line up. Good English players, mixed with foreign class players who new what they were doing, and played good football.
    We looked like a Sunday League team.
    Good luck to Pardew to get us out of this slump.

• 99 hotdog // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I apologised to my son last night and when I see my father later today, I would like an apology from him.

Newcastle United eh!!

• 100 NUFCarter // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Bandb
    Fantastic post.
    Was watching motd yesterday and every team in the league plays better football than us even stoke, because we are trying what stoke are doing but at least it occasionally works for them whereas we have no hope what so ever of converting from ‘hoofball’.

Every team even if they are playing shockingly has at least a few glimpses of nice football. Good link up play, runs being made off the ball into suitable areas and some good attacking and defending but no not with newcastle absolutely nothing happened yesterday. We got it either passed it along the back, hoofed it up field or passed it to the corner flag). The football played is a disgrace especially when you look at our players and see what they are actually capable of but this brand of football is getting worse every week. So I’m not expecting any better next week.

• 101 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM

First signing we need is a captain a leader on the epitch cos at the moment we are rudderless aint got no one like Nolan to send a rocket up their backsides or put a arm around a shoulder

• 102 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM

tads

Ah right. I think they should be officially down by then.

The danger with QPR though is the players staying will want to make sure they have a place next year and those leaving will maybe put themselves in the shop window. They could just really attack us which is a problem.

I honestly think we will stay up, did the prem league predictor and even with no points we survive by 1…too close though.

Also a game where villa might lose to chelsea comes at a bad time, its 3 days after chelsea play spurs so villa might take advantage of a tired side.

• 103 BandB // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Sage

I’m not saying selling was the issue, simply because it never worked out that way. That’s not to say that wasn’t how they imagined the policy working. It does make you wonder why so many players were happy to leave. Perhaps they didn’t see a building process in place either. The way it HAS worked out, is that some players have actually lost value this season, simply because they look clueless and in some cases, petulant. The bigger issue wasn’t selling. It was replacements, and why a few quid was haggled over, playing hardball, with the disastrous result of players who haven’t had time to gel (and who seem totally confused) in the jaws of a relegation fight.

• 104 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Also really don’t want to have to face the goners on the last day of the season if we need points to stay up and they still need points for 3rd

If we give arsenal the freedom of SJP like we did with the scum and the bindippers they will slaughter us
    There used to be a time I didn’t care who we were playing, we were the toon and we’d rout anyone on our day
    Now were scared of teams like west ham ffs

• 105 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Transfer,
    If you look at the Modric and Berbatov sales they were screaming for moves.

• 106 toon22 // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM

AP still hasnt been sacked!

Just how bad do things have to get?

• 107 NUFCarter // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM

If we do manage to beat QPR, it won’t be a pretty match and we would win by the skin of our teeth, maybe cisse scrappy goal in the 92nd minute. On the other hand, west ham I am absolutely dreading they played some good football away against city yesterday and they’re not too bad at home.

• 108 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

BandB

Yeh, sorry i didn’t read your post right i don’t think.

I have never questioned ashley for selling or buying. I think he does both very well in terms of the players bought and sold. The issue for me is like you say timing.

Sometimes you need to just spend that little bit more to make sure you get your man. And if you aren’t willing to spend that extra you need to make sure you have a different, cheaper option lined up.

• 109 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Jail

Yeh they were, they were after it but still didn’t have to sell.

I don’t have an issue selling for big money even if the players don’t want out, makes sense to get money to reinvest.

I just don’t think we reinvest it quickly enough.

• 110 nico // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM

What should Pardew do. Well I hope he reads this blog.
    – Play Arfa off Cisse. Give him a free role.
    – Play Cabaye and Sissoko in centre mid
    – Play Marvo and Goufran on the wings
    – Prey Collo is fit, if not work on defensive line
    – Train on Sunday’s (Can’t believe Pardew gave players Sunday off after that (Shocking)
    – Work on movement e.g. more than one at a time to give options to Cabaye
    – SMILE and ENJOY playing

• 111 NUFCarter // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM

The thing is, if we do end up going down it is so hard to jump straight back up from the championship these days.

• 112 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM

nufcarter

West hame are in great form, played well against city and took a point off man utd. Also won a few too.

I was positive going into the last 2 games as we had just been poor but after yesterday a lot showed no fight. Think there is something going on behind the scenes.

Pardew linked with a new coach to help him last week and meeting with fans could well be to appease players who have questioned him.

• 113 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Sage
    Very true but I still can’t believe I’m actually worried about going to QPR away these are teams we should be routing

Charlie
    I really thought we had that leader in cabaye
    If colo comes back and we do improve for the last couple of games then it could suggest cabs isn’t up to it
    If there’s no change then maybe cabs is up to it but we need someone on the touch line who believes in him

• 114 NUFCarter // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Premier league footballers train on christmas day every year but we don’t train on a Sunday?

• 115 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM

nufcarter

we wont have a chance of coming straight back up this time.

Last time we had good experienced pros like smith, barton, nolan, butt, even shola was good in that league. Then carroll came through too.

This time we have full internationals. In a world cup year those players will move elesewhere, if they dont have top level football they wont get selected in their national teams.

We will be left with the bare bones of the squad.

• 116 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Elliot
    Tav tayls Willo haidara

Perch bigi
    Jonas Fergie
    Gosling
    Shola

That’s us if we go down
    Scary

• 117 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM

iv’e said this time and time again we need to approach a 4-3-1-2 formation end of.

we have no wingers that do there job, HBA is best at AMC

Elliot
    simpson, colo, MYM, haidara
    cabaye, anita, sissoko
    HBA
    goofy, cisse

he may as well try this since Pardew is lousy developing 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1.

• 118 jimmysmith // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Obviously we’re a complete pile a shite at the worst possible time and frankly so bad it’s impossible for me to have any clear idea as to how it’s happened. But one look at the table and remaining fixtures would tell you if we did go down we’d well and truly deserve to.

That was surely by far the worst performance by any team in the EPL all season. Even so, we’ll almost certainly collapse over the line whether we deserve it or not.

• 119 Robinio // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM

cant you guys see the bigger picture , the club is rotten to the core and will be so long at that cheap fat cockney bastard remains in charge . Its a complete clear out that’s required starting at the top . Ashley and his cohorts are cancer infecting our great club and need to be hounded out of toon ,

• 120 tweaked // Apr 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM

cant believe i woke up this morning not to see a skysports head line saying AP was sacked with immediate effect are continues dismall performances

• 121 ArtyH // Apr 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Haven’t read all the comments above but IMHO there is a great manager at Chel$ky going goint to be sacked at the end of the season,he is 10X the manger Pardew is. I have changed my opinion of A.P in the last month and am convinced he has to go. He had lost the dressing room and lost the respect of the fans, Re Benfica comments of winning the game in the last 20 mins was evidence enough for me he is a total idiot. Its a 90min+ game not played in 20 mins, TAXI for Pardew!

• 122 geordiejohn // Apr 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM

too many french players and no tactics,play more local lads please.

• 123 LeToonARMY // Apr 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM

We need Laurent Blanc as he can talk to the players in french and kick then up the backside i just dont think Par de clue has the balls to drop shitty jonas to the bench or to play Sisssoko alongside cabaye or to switch the team up as well its like teams know what to expect from us we have become a predictable team Sissoko at the back makes more sense and Ben Arfa in middle between Gouffran and Marveux with Cisse up fromt. BUT pardew wont do that he rather play his pathetic tactics. we neeed a manager like bobby or kegan that have managed at a big club with star player Pardew is just not good enough, His a championship level manager i think he may stand a better chance managing QPR next season . We need Laurent Blanc, Didder Dechamp Arsen Wenger Raffa benitez ole gunna solksjear or Di matteo to come in a switch up our team and i bet they could get the best out of our players.even i would bench Cisse for Ben Arfa if i had to or play them alongside each other.

This would be my team atm if i was manager

Eliot
    Debuchy Collo M’biwa Haidira
    Cabaye Sissoko
    Marveux Ben Arfa Gouffran
    Cisse
    Subs:
    Tiote
    Anita
    Taylor
    Jonas
    Shola

I think if that team was managed well (Not by Par de clue) we would have a better chance of staying up this season

• 124 LeToonARMY // Apr 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I wonder if Pardew reads this blog if so why the f**k dont you learn from your mistakes you 51 year old stale tw**

This would be my team next season with a new manager

Krul
    Debuchy M’biwa Sahko Santon
    Cabaye Sissoko Valencia
    Ben Arfa
    PEA Remy
    Subs:
    Carol
    Bony
    Anita
    Marveux
    Taylor
    Johnson

• 125 toonluvva // Apr 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I’m hoping that the only reason that Pardew hasn’t been sacked yet is because Ashley is still trying to be sure he has the right replacement lined up.

NOT another Joe Kinnear please! This time we need a manager who knows how to get the best out of our squad and can get them playing to their fullest potential.

Mr Ashley, the right replacement will pay dividends for you as with a modest summer investment part funded from the sale of Jonas, Tiote and Williamson will provide the basis for the new manager to move us well up the table next season.

It’s all in your hands now Mike.

previous post: Alan Pardew – I’m Worried And Deeply Disppointed