The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – Whether I Stay Or Not Is Out Of My Hands

12:11 am, Monday, April 29th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 21 Comments

There will be a bunch of new interviews with Alan Pardew today, and of course if he is to get the sack it will happen today – Bobby Robson was sacked on Monday, 30th August, 2004, following the 4-2 defeat at Aston Villa on the previous Saturday.

alan pardew liverpool 87

Alan Pardew – against Liverpool on Saturday

This is what the Newcastle manager had to say today, and he started talking about the language barrier, and was asked if he thought he’d get the sack:

“I don’t think the language barrier is so much of a problem as the lack of experience in certain scenarios,” “A lot of those players will never have been beaten 3-0 at home, never mind 6-0.”

“I think that showed; we became ragged, some of our play was naive and disorganized.” “Well whether I stay or not is out of my hands,” “Until I’m told otherwise, my job is to lift the team and make it as good as I can.”

“I’ve got to make sure I put things right. We’ve got to show we’ve got the fight for this because I think a lot of people will look at us and think we’ve got a great chance of being relegated.”

“We’ve got to prove them wrong but I genuinely believe we’ve got enough quality to get the points we need.” “I’ve got to channel my anger in the right way,” said Pardew. “But if I don’t get a response after this I’ll be deeply disappointed.”

There are no indications that Alan Pardew is to be fired today, but it’s hard to have worse successive results at St. James’ Park than losing 3-0 to Sunderland, and then 6-0 to Liverpool – two of the worst results in Newcastle’s history.

And our French players on Saturday – there were seven who started the second half – didn’t seem to be quite ready for the fight – as they try to come to grips with the culture shock they are now experiencing on Tyneside.

However the 6-0 loss puts Newcastle in line to be relegated, if Wigan start to win some of their final four games.

To think that Wigan could survive (again) and Newcastle don’t,  would be very difficult to take.

That’s the truth.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Premier League

21 responses so far ↓

• 1 Newcastle Brown Alien // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM

A lot of thes players will never have been beaten at home 3-0, emmm more lies, i certainly remember the sunderland game, get out now you waste of oxygen

• 2 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out

• 3 HAZZY1 // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Big-Cisse yeah ok i c what u mean but pardew had 3 dm playing infront of the def but he had not holding mid they were all over the place no link between them thats y we went down 6-0 mbiwa is to new to this league needs to play dm for a season or so to get upto speed 4-4-2 diamond formation would link our def to mid to front thats were went wrong they were to far apart no one could get out without loseing the ball like benny did and they scored they need to stay in there zones or they will be pulled all over the place.

• 4 cockneymagpie90 // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Hes had this midfield available a few times but i new he wouldnt play it as i have no faith in him doing so…

———cabaye—-anita———-
    Benarfa—-marvo—-gouffran

• 5 wolfshead@toon // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:26 AM

i think this hate is getting a bit ott

• 6 cockneymagpie90 // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Wolfshead

Its not bloody hate!!!

Its about wanting the best for the club and that doent mean keeping a guy at the reign because u like him!!!

Sort it out mate, hes clueless.

• 7 t00ntime // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:29 AM

@cockney has that been available?
    HBA hasnt been fit to start for 4months. Marv has only recently proven himself (last 2/3months). Swap anita with sissoko and thats probably lir best midfield but ur right, theres almost 0% chance of him putting that out :(.

Lets concentrate on survival, AP wont be fire till atleast summer.(imo)

• 8 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:29 AM

1 more win just one more win. I am not religous in the slightest but I have said a prayer to the football Gods for NUFC’s safetey. I feel dirty saying this but I have never wanted 5under1and to win more than against Villa tonight. And on that note I’m off to bed, God I hate being an NUFC sometimes :( . Night chaps

• 9 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Supporter sometimes rather ;)

• 10 YorkshiresFinestGeordie // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I would back us to stay up. Wigans next games:

West Brom (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Villa (H)

I can’t see them beating west Brom or arsenal, I think they may villa but I’m not sure about Swansea. I think they will look at that as their easiest game. I don’t think they will get 5 points.

Oh and Ed, these ads are getting of hand man. If your getting money out of it fair enough but it takes me about 5 attempts to get on the page. Haha

• 11 cockneymagpie90 // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Toontime

Sissoko hasnt got the ball retention that Anita has so for me Anita starts and if in need of goals bring Sissoko on to add to the attacking threat but also do a job in defence.

• 12 cockneymagpie90 // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:35 AM

No way is Sissoko a CAM.

Pardew is off his head!

• 13 wolfshead@toon // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM

@cockney
    everyone needs to pull together right now and leave the recriminations till the end of the season or we are doomed :-(

• 14 Grantosuk // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Maybe we are thinking to much of what we have…..

If Cabaye was so good, how come he slipped the net of the big teams, why was he so cheap.

Same as Ben Arfa, why didnt a bigger team come in for him

Tiote, rubbish this season, he was cheap, but why?

Is Graham Caarr that good? If he was, then surely the other better teams would have signed the players he was after.Maybe they have a better incite to what makes a player, no fight, heads drop, not cut out for the premier league and thats the reason why we are where we are.

Same as all the players we have, why didnt anyone else get Sissoko when they had the chance?

We big players up to much.

• 15 kkma // Apr 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM

west ham have nothing to fight for. only big sam wants to revenge for his sack.a few years ago. qpr are hopelessif you watch their game against reading. if we cant get a win in either 1 of these 2 games. we deserve to go down.

• 16 LeToonARMY // Apr 29, 2013 at 1:53 AM

bye bye Alan

• 17 Greebol1892 // Apr 29, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Alan, it’s how you have turned international players used to winning into a bunch of losers.

• 18 sg_magpie // Apr 29, 2013 at 3:52 AM

the bright spot from the liverpool game was helping many people change their minds about keeping alan as manager. he has to leave at the end of the season for the team to fulfil its potential.

• 19 I I I // Apr 29, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I hope Ashley’s in there this afternoon, telling Pardew the next three games will count a lot towards his ability to inspire the lads and show tactical intelligence. Pardew your position is under review and we will begin looking at alternatives immediately. That meaning as soon as the arsenal game is finished there are options for next year. Pardew, Di Matteo, etc etc… WHATS GONE WRONG????

• 20 Owldman // Apr 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Anyone with after thought think that the Europa League may have after all been a millstone around after all its only a few weeks ago that we were dreaming of being in the final.But it was all a dream .In reality, it disguised how poor we really are, and the fact that we appeared to be doing so well probably prevented Pardew getting sacked weeks ago, The yank at Sunderland wasn’t prepared to take the chance with O’neil that Ashe
    Ley has with Pardew & got rid .now we walk the tighrope & hope we can salvage our Prem future 2 down one to go hope it not us.After Pardews team selection on Saturday I think it knocked the hell out of the crowd.My renewal of my season ticket is automatic by direct debit, if Pardew is still there at the end of the season, I am definitely cancelling that direct debit, I am sure I am echoing the sentiments of the a lot of other fans.my team for Saturday Elliot, Simpson, Taylor Collo, M, biwa, HBA, Cabye, Perch, Goufran, Sissoko Cisse

• 21 MAUTITOON // Apr 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM

well,i had been promised “champagne” football by my newly appointed toon manager with players who would get me off my seat,fair enough lo,still awaiting to see that,oh but yes he did manage to get us off our seat to leave our beloved stadium even before the final whistle had been blown with the worst football display ever witnessed.Thanks a lot for all SIR ALAN PARDEW,you’ll always be remembered by dying toon fans.

previous post: Words Are Cheap – Show Pride – Fight Until You Drop