The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew’s Orders From The Board – Save Newcastle

9:23 am, Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 30 Comments

Rumors were rife after the Saturday defeat that Mike Ashley would replace Alan Pardew yesterday – but Alan Shearer on Monday in his column in The Sun probably had it right, when he said  with only three games to go, that wouldn’t be the wise decision.

alan pardew liverpool 87

Mike Ashley – get on with it

Mike Ashley would have needed to ask if Newcastle could get more points with a new manager coming in – and the answer was probably no – and better to give Pardew and his players a chance to redeem themselves.

We have to hope they take that chance.

Both the Evening Chronicle and Journal are reporting that the Newcastle manager has been told he will not be sacked, and he will have three games to save Newcastle and himself.

The manager took a light training session yesterday, and he will have a full training session today, in what may be one of Alan Pardew’s most important games in management, against his former club West Ham, and against his former captain Kevin Nolan and striker Andy Carroll.

You just know Kevin will want to score against his former club.

There will be a huge inquest into why Newcastle’s Premier League season is turning out to be the second worst ever – given the many good players we have, the fact we brough in five new players in January, and that we finished 5th last season.

I remember when I was a youngster back in 1961, when Charlie Mitten was the manager, and we finished 8th of 22 clubs in 1960 in the league – and then we were relegated the next season in 1961.

And Alan Pardew will not likely survive that inquest, and certainly will not be around if we are relegated – when the inquest will then turn to which players will have to leave Newcastle – and we could see nearly all of our French Internationals leave the club –  if we are relegated.

But it’s hard to even think about having to go through all that again, my head is starting to hurt, and obviously we are hoping and praying we can survive.

It may be hard, but it’s within the best interests of Newcastle United that we keep behind the manager and the players for the last three games of the season.

We’ll have a much better chance of surviving if that happens – otherwise it’s like committing Hara-kiri.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Europa League · Newcastle News · Premier League

30 responses so far ↓

• 1 Sawbuck // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Parew can turn upa the Olympic stadium and say Ooops!

• 2 Jackel001 // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Sage

You reckon it was a red card?

I think the mackems will get beat off stoke but will beat southampton so I think we will HAVE to beat QPR!

• 3 Nufcjoss // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

wake me up in 8 years..

• 4 Santon03 // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM

btw who is our football director? I don’t think Llambias is. His job is more lon the business side. Milan has Baresi, Bayern has Bierhoff or Beckenbauer.

• 5 Sawbuck // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Well Lambias Wiki says he;s managing director not chairman. Who’d know? He so anonymous it all makes no difference.

• 6 pawl250 // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Look here is a fact!

Wigan have 32 points from 34 games! Thats less than 1 point a game. 1 Point per remaining game is actually being kind to them. Thats 36 points!

We win 1 game, we are safe def, we draw we have a good chance and right now its possible we are already safe!

West Brom this weekend is a must, I cannot see them getting anything against Swansea before the FA CUP FINAL! Then Arsenal will have them running left and right only 3 days later! Then 4 days later they NEED a win against Villa. Its a very tough ask.

My prediction anything from 38 and up is safe, 37 may well be enough!

Its possible they will get the 5 points, but thats 1 win and 2 draws or 2 wins, its a BIG ask.

If it were so easy why can’t every team do it? Why cant we get 2 wins in 3, or 1 win in 3!?

People need to calm down, this season is almost over. I am worried I admit, you cant afford not to be, but we really need to be supporting the team right now.

Maybe 2 away games is a bonus, I mean the crowd will be very negative at home if we were losing or even drawing the next 2 games!

• 7 Transfer Sage // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM

jackel

I think it was a very soft red but that sot of challenge always runs a risk with refs now. The appeal will go nowhere as the FA will back their man, especially against a club from the north east.

• 8 Munster Mag // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Transfer sage, thanks for your words of encouragement. I was kind of thinking that way till I saw Villa. As you say hopefully qpr wont turn up. Mind you what have West Brom to play for v Wigan?

• 9 Rotonda heights // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Not sure taking advice from shearer who only managed 5 points in 8 games and took us down is the way to go.

• 10 Hatem's better than Messi // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

At least a point v WHU.
    Win v QPR.

No probs.
    HWTL

• 11 lewytoon // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

see bigirimana scored a freekick yesterday

• 12 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM

There once was a little club called NUFC

He/She had

Poor owners
    Poor coaching staff
    poor medical team

All He/she had was sympathetic supporters, who could only offer support

• 13 Rotonda heights // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM

As hard as Pardew has tried we are all but safe. it would take a miracle for wigan to get out of it now after they got that shocking 90 min decision v spurs

• 14 bills-son // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Shola, Colo, Willo, Staylor, Simmo, Guti and probably Tiote – those players will at least fight and give their all. Problem is not one of them is on top form.

The rest of our players – and especially the french ones – are not only out of form they don’t appear to be up for the fight.

Pardew has a massive job on his hands to save us from relegation. Massive.

• 15 Transfer Sage // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM

pawl

100% with you on that…we are playing badly but in between all this rubbish we put in cracking 45 at west brom.

If we had taken our chances we would have been 3-0 up and then even our defensive approach wouldn’t have cost us. Whats to say we can’t do that at west ham or QPR and actually take our chances.

I haven’t a lot of faith we will win 2 but we could, and i certainly think we can beat QPR.

• 16 Sawbuck // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM

While I was on that Wiki I noticed Lambias ran a club in London called the 50 club. It went out of business.

Here’s some reviews from customers:

“More than anything, FIFTY London just felt depressing.”

“I’m not sure I want to admit that I was here. Yes – THAT bad……..Yup, it was that bad. Never again.”

Now where have I heard that before?

• 17 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Newcastle don’t have a director of football

• 18 Jail for Ashley // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Incredible,
    The same people who saw fit to call other men dreamboat 1 and 2 and beasts and panthers are now calling them lousy Frenchmen .

• 19 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM

DL i think his job is managing director

• 20 Jackel001 // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Sage

Agreed, it kind of reminded me of goofys in the derby. If they don’t get in rescinded then they could be in real trouble. Having only Graham upfront…

• 21 Novocastrian66 // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Someone makes me feel good. Then someone makes me feel bad. Someone makes me feel happy. Then someone makes me feel sad.
    Someone please wake me up on May the 20th and hopefully I will feel glad.

• 22 bills-son // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Rotunda – Wigan are capable of getting wins at West Brom and Villa and at home to Swansea. They might only need two even if we pick up another point through a better goal difference.

Wigan’s lifeline might be that they have a settled side and are used to battling. They are also playing decent football and I think they believe they can stay up. That makes a huge difference.

My worry is that we lose heavy again at WH and if that coincides with other results against us the panic and doom will be 10x worse than now. I bet Martinez and Lambert see us as their best chance of escaping relegation.

• 23 Rotonda heights // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM

bills son
    shola fight???

• 24 Transfer Sage // Apr 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM

munster

west brom had nothing to play for last week but won 3-0…so hopefully they just go out, have fun and wallop wigan.

• 25 Hatem's better than Messi // Apr 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Rotten from the top down.

The owner doesn’t want to own us.
    The DM is a uncommunicative crony.
    The manager was appointed with a poor CV as a spin doctor.
    Any one with a voice in the dressing room was deemed a malcontent and shipped out.
    Everything’s been done on the cheap and cheap doesn’t last.

• 26 corkypants85 // Apr 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM

morning all!
    feel a lot more optamistic today for some unknown reason i just think wigan have a tough schedule with a lot of games packed into a short space of time including an f.a cup final looming which will also make them fatigued plus theyve been fighting the drop a few years and there luck has to run out somewhere!

• 27 corkypants85 // Apr 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM

that picture at the top makes me laugh at pardew can picture him saying this

pardew: right i want you to do this lads
    player: right overlap gaffer
    pardew: no you idiot cross your fingures

• 28 arctoa // Apr 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I just ran the BBC predictor with a draw at QPR and nothing anywhere else. In that scenario I had it down to the Aston Villa vs. Wigan game, with Villa safe and Wigan needing anything to squeak past us on goal difference.

Needless to say, I’d expect Wigan to win that match. If our form continues it’s out of our hands. Just got to hope that we somehow fluke another win somewhere.

• 29 woolerbill // Apr 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM

The board say, SAVE US. Pardew got us into this mess. To ask the man that got us into this, shows what kind of board we have and why we are going down.

• 30 stuart no9 // Apr 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM

today is a very sad day for NUFC.
    To hear that AP is staying on to try and save us, is the worst possible news i could have wished for- that news IMO confirms to me – we are down.
    We needed a new man in the dressing room against WHU to talk to the players before the game.
    Tactics is not AP best qualities, so that isnt going to save us, he cant use the good players we haveso what does he do? we need someone who can make them feel 10 ft tallwhen they walk out the dressing room,-not already beaten like pardew will surely make them feel, so for that reason – WE ARE DOWN !

previous post: Pardew Can Still Save Newcastle And His Job