Alan Pardew – I Just Find That Insulting If I’m Honest

In his press conference this afternoon, Alan Pardew seemed to be a little upset at some of the questions he was getting, based on the news that’s been reported in the papers over the last few days, most of which is probably untrue.

sylvain marveaux wigan

Sylvain Marveaux – out for the season

Alan did report on injuries and said both Tim Krul and Sylvain Marveaux are out for the season, but that Italian International Davide Santon has a slight chance to be fit before the end of the season, and he reported yet another hamstring injury – this time to 20 year-old Massadio Haidara.

One question from a journalist got Allan’s ire raised – and it was whether the foreign players knew how important it was for Newcastle to stay in the Premier League.

This is how the Newcastle manager answered that question:

“I just find the accusation that players doesn’t realize staying in the Premier League is important – it’s insulting if I am honest.” “If you think because some of our players are from a foreign country, they are not bothered, it’s just ridiculous.”

“Of course they are bothered. Our frustrations and our professionalism are on the line. But we have our destiny in our own hands, no-one else, and only we can put it right.”

And more than once is the session Alan was asked how many wins or how many points did he think it would take for Newcastle to be safe and he kept answering that he had absolutely no idea, and it was important that Newcastle and the team concentrate on what they had to do – and not worry about what other teams may or may not do.

As far as we are concerned that was an excellent answer, because we should be going all out to secure our safety based on what the team can do – and not hope that teams like Wigan don’t win.

That’s the right approach for sure – and we just hope the lads can bring home the bacon in the last three games – and we need some points on the board badly because was have just one point from our last three games.

And our goal difference has been made worse by a full nine goals – so it would be good if we can score a few goals – but somehow we don’t see that happening.

But if Newcastle can win on Saturday at West Ham and Wigan are beaten at West Brom – that probably would make Newcastle safe.

We hope that happens. 😀

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• BigKirky

May 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Unfortunately Alan, OUR future is in YOUR hands, even with your baffling tactics.

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

@ spoof

“being in that team last year doesn’t make him a good player” ? . You’ll be telling me Van Persie is rubbish next 🙂 . We should go for this back four for the rest of the season as 3 of the 4 got us a lot of clean sheets last season.

–Simpson——–Taylor——–Collo——–Haidara–
    (M’biwa for Haidara on Saturday)

I just don’t get this sudden hate for Collo as a player (not talking about his personal issues) . He is in my top 3 CB’s I have ever seen at the club and we need him back in the starting 11 IMO.

• Spoof

May 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

This public trial of Alan Pardew and his dressing room is now starting to get rather boring, I feel its time to move on and concentrate on Saturday’s match

• KevinHann

May 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Does anyone know of a particular reason we have been having so many injuries? It’s become a common issue for us and plays a massive part to how competitive we are in the league.

Up for some twitter talk? Join me @ColdInTheNight

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Kevinhann,
    I think your kind of spooky, cold in the night suggest you could be a serial killer or you’re Mrs works night shift and turns the heating off on the way out.

• KevinHann

May 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Jail for Ashley – it gives some depth to a conversation, doesn’t it 🙂

Up for some twitter talk? Join me @ColdInTheNight

• Spoof

May 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM

BPC, your twisting my words m8, that’s rather naughty, getting into that team doesn’t mean you are a bad player, it just doesn’t mean that you are good, just like being manager of the year doesn’t automatically mean that you are a good manager
    As I have only been using this site for a short while its natural that you wouldn’t know my opinion of him prior to that, but apart from when in the Championship against poor quality sides I have never rated the guy, its often said that a good player doesn’t become bad overnight, well at the same time a bad player doesn’t become good over night either, especially when they are aged 25 years or more, think back to Colo’s first season, and look at him now, he is still as poor now as he was then, last season he looked decent at the start of the season, as did the whole of the defence, that was not due to good defenders, that was due to Pardew playing with 2 banks of 4 which gave the defenders a huge amount of protection, without that protection you see Colo for what he is, and that is a poor defender

• hdavid23

May 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM

still no reaction from anyone on my suggestion… how about Hitzfeld if Mike really fires Pardew at the end of the season?

• toon22

May 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM

One reason for all our injuries is the fact we buy players with very poor injury records,some we have bought while injured.
    Its a policy which helps get players cheap,and in some cases makes them easier to sign as less clubs want them.
    Also imho our players just dont seem as fit as other teams,whoever is responsible for fitness/medical side of the team needs looking at,maybe send a team to a German club to find out which direction we should go in.

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Kh,
    Yes we need spooky on here as we have pretty much every other character trait.
    🙂

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM

what the hell is he doing in training? More injuries, worse performances. Nothing being checked as we slide inexorably
    under this buffoon. Which other club would stand for it.

Boater

how the hell is my team anything like Pardews
    I would play 433 and wouldn’t have 3 x DMs Tiote, Jonas and Perch and 10 men staying in their own half most of the game. Truly a statement of outstanding muppetry.

• KevinHann

May 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM

hdavid23 – if we go for a high profile name, I’d take Benitez. He has plenty of experience in the league and would give us a fresh start suggesting ambition. And he certainly has drawing power.

Up for some twitter talk? Join me @ColdInTheNight

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM

@ spoof

I’m not twisting your words I am just pointing out that there is talent in last years team of the season and Collo was in it. Pardew only won manager of the year because we overachieved with the team we had not necessarily his management skill.

Who do you suggest we play at the back then ? . The same team that got our worst home defeat for 80 odd years. I’m not saying Collo is the future but who else do we have at the minute that is better ? .

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM

hdavid,
    Do you really think Mashley will fire Pardew, I’ve got an orrible feeling that he has got this stability thing in his plans and is going to see it through.

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Rotonda,
    I think we all know that you don’t like Pards or his tactics 😉

• hdavid23

May 2, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Jail,
    there were rumours going around here that he will fire Pards, and also that Benitez is coming… I’d rather have Hitzfeld tho, better manager

• toon22

May 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Hitzfeld is 64 and the manager of Switzerland for the last 5 years,and has no experience in the UK.Iirc cant speak English.
    Rafa is 54 and un employed in the summer,has won things in this country.Can speak English and has just proven he can sort out a mess of a club.

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM

toon 22

Our fitness levels are shocking which results in injuries.
    Also I suspect Pardew does not do ”passive” training like professional teams but rather lets the players go in no holds barred with disastrous results.

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I would go for Benitez or Jupp Henynkkes. Both out of jobs at the end of the season and they have been successful in the past unlike Pardew.

• fatash

May 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Nowt we can do other than support the team, I don’t think Ashley reads these blogs anyway so lets get behind the lads.

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Jail

Ditto for you and Ashley. lol!

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM

BPC,
    It was disgraceful when he said he talked to Brendan Rodgers after the game and Brenda sympathised and said I know what your up against with a crowd like that after we apparently bood the one good pass we made ? And when he was on about the French players ” bless em ” I nearly puked into me rosebush.

• Spoof

May 2, 2013 at 8:13 PM

BPC, I have to admit that he is not as bad as I have described, I do feel he is way over-rated so I am guilty of going OTT with my critism, with who we have available I would play him, as bad as he is he is still better than Willo, Perch and Simpson, so its a case of whose left, we touched on a 3 man defence which won’t happen so for a back 4 I would go with Mbiwa Taylor Colo Jonas.

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 2, 2013 at 8:18 PM

@ spoof

Fair enough m8 . You just wonder whether his experience might be good for the team as well with him being the only 30 plus player in defence. I reckon he would have been organizing the back four after a couple went in against Liverpool as the lads didn’t seem to care last weekend.

• toon22

May 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Playing Taylor is suicide,he had a big bust up with AC.Its best not to give him a target he hates.Imo Williamsons a better option,he also has played a fair few games with Colo.
    Id go Simmo Coll Willo Mbwia at the back,i would also recall Stever harper in goal,we are going to need a bit of expericnce in goal for this one,they are going to try and batter us.

• Spoof

May 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM

BPC, and thats the exact reason why I would play Jonas, he has been dreadful all season, but his experience could be priceless over the next 3 games

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM

BPC,
    I can’t knock your enthusiasm but when you compare the CVs of Pardew and JFK with the other two sorry mate but two are Nike and the other two are Gola.

• toon22

May 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM

As for Jupp Henynkkes i agree would be fantastic but theres not a chance.
    He will end up at R.Madrid or the like after this seasons CL
    Everyones heard of him now.

• low fell mag

May 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Funny thing this football milaarky (dont know if thats a word,but it sounds sort of right).I have just sat down with a cuppa and the Chelsea game has started on the tele . The wife says Oh Christ ,not football again ,Eastenders is on the other side,.I then replied turn it over ,pet im not really into football at the minute.The look i got off her was a sight to see,she then replied you have never stopped talking all day at work ,all day since August actually.My reply to that is, Newcastle United are part off your life and family.So come you b@stards put it right for these last 3 games.

• hdavid23

May 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM

toon22,
    he’s been a great well-known manager for a long time now, would be great… either him or Hitzfeld and I’d be over the moon

• stuart no9

May 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM

toon22 @ 9 you cant say that all the players we buy are injury prone.. the problems we are having with injuries have been happening for years.
    They put it down to bad surfaces at the training ground and had a new pitch laid, but its still happening, i put it down to training methods.
    My son is a physio at millwall , he also covers for the strength and conditioning coach, very rare do they suffer injuries in training , if they do it is niggly little things , nothing like hamstrings or kenny jacket would have them in his office wanting to know why such an injury occurred . newcastle are doing something wrong

• bills-son

May 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Watching the Benfica v Galatasaray game and the fact is we played very well against Benfica away and only lost because of Cisse missing a sitter and two bad goals.

At home we came very close to turning it around and winning before Benfica got the break away goal.

Pardew managed that team and how the hell we’ve gone from threatening Benfica – who are a top team – to those terrible performances against Sunderland and Lpool is not as easy as ‘Pardew is fkn useless’.

• nufcursed

May 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM

i’m watching the benfica game and i have to say:
    we should buy salih uçan!!!
    what a superb player, controls the midfield, only 19years and would be fairly cheap…
    mark my words: this will become one of the best players of europe in the future no doubt!
    if any newcastle scouts are reading this, take a look at him!
    salih ucan is the name

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Bills,
    I think Pards should be sent downstairs and only brought up to manage European games, squad rotation of managers if you like.

• bills-son

May 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Jail – oustanding idea. Pure geneearse 🙂

• jimmysmith

May 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM

It’s strikes me as ironic that the support for Newcastle is so intense and genuine yet so much that surrounds the club is grubby and unscrupulous.

Maybe that’s why we are considered the most deluded fans in the country. We really are taken for granted and taken advantage of year in year out and yet we keep coming back for more.

At this point I would gladly support a fan ownership model, what ever the consequences.

• kevymartins

May 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM

@Nufccursed now that’s funny I don’t know what game your watching but im watching benfica vs fernabache

• kevymartins

May 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM

@Nufccursed That’s my bad was the comment before your aimed at bill-son

• Munster Mag

May 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Billson, its a good qyestion. Maybe our players are more suited to Europe. Still, we could easily have lost the last 3 games in europe and it wouldnt have been a major surprise. Pardes a funny one. He talks a good game and witters on about the group etc and it all sounds fine, but then match day comes and he oicks under performing guys like Tiote, and never rams home an advantage etc etc. It would be great if we got a bit of luck, and Cisse found top form. I dont buy the injuries bit, in part anyway. If Cabaye had managed to play more earlier games, he’s probably be out now with injury. I wonder why we get so many injuries, There has to be something causing it within the club as we can ussume we dont buy players with bad history records generally ….

• stuart no9

May 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM

i hope pardew is watching the chelsea game,
    that is how you do a half time team talk. 1-0 down at half time- 6 mins gone in 2nd half- 2-1 up, thats hows you do it pardew , you useless piece of s//t.