The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ashley Not Talking To Pardew After Liverpool Humiliation

11:54 pm, Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 8 Comments

Some very surprising news in the Indedependent today, that Alan Pardew and Mike Ashley have not talked since Newcastle’s worst home defeat in 88 years, when we were thrashed 6-0 by Liverpool last Saturday.

alan pardew after the game today

Alan Pardew = hasn’t talked with Mike Ashley

That’s a bit of a shock and maybe there’s not enough communication between manager and owner, as there also seems to be poor communication between the players because of the language problem, where a number of our new French players do not speak English.

Of course Mike Ashley usually communicates directly with Derek LLambias, and he’s hardly been a good communicator since he bought Newcastle six years ago – he certainly never says anything to the fans.

We have to assume that Derek LLambias has told the Newcastle manager his job is safe, at least through the end of the season.

And we reported this morning the Daily Telegraph reporter Luke Edwards has been banned by Derek LLambias from the club, because of his story last Tuesday that there was disharmony in Newcastle’s dressing room, which Newcastle’s Managing Director has vehemently denied.

Pardew also addressed Gary Neville’s comments that there is a language barrier and that the club has lost it’s identity with so many foreign players.

Pardew had this to say about the above two points:

“I have not been part of anyone or any media source being banned or anything like that. For me, you’ve got to get on with it. We’ve had a lot of criticism this week and I’ve had a lot of criticism this week personally.”

“Has Gary Neville been a manager? “I do think he has a point. I have said many times that we would like to produce our own players but he also made a very valid point about the inflationary prices you get for English-based players here. Maybe some realism needs to come into that market.”

“I have to be honest, I would like to have levels of communication greater than they are in terms of ‘is our message and the message of my staff getting through 100 per cent’? We hope it is and hopefully at West Ham it will. We’ve used different forms and will change it if we feel it’s necessary.”

“Cabaye made a point to me this week. He said that when he arrived he didn’t have an interpreter and therefore learned English that bit quicker. We’ve used an interpreter because we’ve got so many new guys who don’t understand the language.”

“It’s like trying to get that balance right of actually forcing them to learn the language – but we do need to understand what their problem is. So there’s a balance to get right.”

Saturday is a massive day for Newcastle United, and we need to get something out of the game at West Ham, although that will be very difficult.

And it will be another very bad day on Tyneside if Wigan manage to get a win at West Brom and we get nothing in London.

That will bring relegation that little bit closer and we hope it doesn’t happen.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

8 responses so far ↓

• 1 JackButler // May 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hopefully the next time Ashley and Pardew speak, Ashley will lean across the desk and in his best Alan Sugar impersonation utter the worlds we are hoping for.

• 2 AndyMac // May 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I’ve just read a quote, attributed to Pardwho, in which he says he HOPES his message is getting across to some of his new French players.,

IF YOU EVER THOUGHT THIS BLOKE WAS A FOOTBALL MANAGER THEN YOU NEED YOUR HEAD EXAMINING !!!!!!!!

• 3 jail4pardew // May 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I have said it many times this fella Pardew is the tony blair of football management, a minefield of contradictions, these French lads we have are virtually all internationals, technically very good also, Pardew has not the nous or skill to play them in a more technical way, it looks like they have not a clue which way the team is going to play, John Carver as well must be making it so hard to get his point across to these lads as well, Pardew also has not got what it takes to drop his darlings, and that is a massive flaw in his character, he is not strong enough. not pnce in this the worst run of results in many years, defeats wise and 8 home defeats has he dropped one of his ?purples? he has sickned me this season with his stubbornness, just to prove he is right, well we are now second favs of the remaining teams scrapping to survive to go down, for me we are favs, wigan show more heart than we ever have this season, if he dosnt shake it up in these last few games we will be sunk, AC and Nolan will be gunning for us as will the gunners as will Remy who may just want to prove a point as well for QPR this scenario is terrifying and we as supporters do not deserve this one tiny bit.

• 4 lesh // May 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM

There is a huge cultural difference between English and French. Add to that north and west African elements and translation’s never going to be easy at the best of tines.

Let’s just hope that the whole squad’s at one and they do what I think they’ll do…. sink West Ham and save our season.

• 5 mickg108 // May 3, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Last time I seen a Team,so out of place,I was a Bairn & dropped my Subbuteo Box…Pards winged it last year,,August He said ” I’m happy with the team I have,,blah blah”…January 5 Good signings,who are not played to their strength’s,,Siss is a CM,wether in attack or defence,,M’Bwia is a better C/B than Saylor (Tug you back,the ball hit me Bollocks),,Anita could lose 10 Metres of Pace & be quicker than Perch,,Haidara (Hamstring Injury) is a better L/B & Winger than Guti (Has to Play ffs ?? ffs),Goofy can cross & Score unlike Guti, Debouchy,will be better than Simpson,once he get’s up to speed & Superglue’s His Dummy in,,need’s to remember Defence is @ the Back ????,,Bit like the French in both WWs lol,

• 6 Sav // May 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM

A lot of rubbish being written – Pardew isn’t talking to Mashley, The French players aren’t talking to the non-French ones…meanwhile, Hatem Ben Arfa IS talking to Tottenham and wearing a PSG tracksuit at the same time. I wonder are Spurs insulted by that?
    The difference between winning and losing is minimal. a couple of things go wrong and suddenly every player is struggling for form. The language barrier can’t help. Everyone knows we should have strengthened last summer. The French 5 are good players but have been flung in at the deep end half way through a tough season.
    Give Pardew and the players a break. Last year’s manager of the season didn’t go bad all at once. Lets concentrate on keeping Big Sam, Nolan and Carroll quiet and get the job done.

• 7 toonluvva // May 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I just cannot believe that Ashley has not been in touch with Pardew after our last 3 results.

If Ashley has been in contact with Llambias, then I think he should have considered talking to the organ grinder and not the monkey.

Perhaps Ashley has had his eyes opened in the last couple of weeks about the calibre of the men he has placed in charge of Newcastle. If so, I hope he is merely biding his time waiting for the end of the season before making the changes necessary.

So Ashley made a mistake in appointing Llambias and Pardew. These things happen in business. The WORST mistake is to realise you’ve dropped the ball but do nothing about it.

For Newcastle’s sake I hope that Ashley has decided it’s too late this season to be proactive, but will make rectify his mistake as soon as he as identified the proper replacements.

• 8 marshy // May 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM

if jonas is in the team tomorrow fatash should sack pardew on the spot.

previous post: Alan Pardew – I Just Find That Insulting If I’m Honest