The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ben Arfa – I Love Newcastle – I’m Very Loyal

10:22 am, Friday, May 3rd, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 19 Comments

We reported earlier today on the statement Newcastle have issued condemning The Sun on their article on Wednesday about Ben Arfa wearing a PSG strip at a local Newcastle gym – something that seems to be a completely untrue story.

ben arfa cisse tiiote

Ben Arfa – furious at Sun story

With so many Frenchmen in the Newcastle side, and Newcastle in a huge slump which could cost us our Premier League status for next season, it’s not too surprising that there are rumblings among Newcastle fans that some of our players are not completely committed to the club.

This is what Ben Arfa said in the Evening Chronicle today:

“The impact of such an article portrays me as an unfaithful person.” “But those people around me know me as somebody that is very loyal.”

“I want to reassure all of the fans and supporters that there are three matches remaining this season and we are focusing on winning all of them.”

“I was terribly shocked by what they said.” “It was an offence towards me and my own pride and honor.” “I think people should check their sources before publishing anything.”

“The club needs support at this difficult time rather than lies that try to destabilize us.” “My thoughts are really for the supporters and the fans who need to know the truth.”

“I’ve always re-iterated my love for the club when needed.” “I want to re-iterate my love again, for the club, the staff and all of the players. I want to make that clear.”

“The consequences in this article aren’t just here in the UK.” “It is international. It gives me a bad image. I know that I can count on the support of the club.”

“We will face what we need to face together.” “I’m going to go forward and fight everything together.” “I was there to do extra work to make sure I’m even fitter for the next three matches.”

“It really shocked me what has happened.” “It was a complete and utter lie. You can watch the CCTV footage from the gym to see that.” “It affected me in terms of my honor as a person.”

“It showed me as unfaithful. Anybody who knows me, knows that I am a faithful person.”

Ben Arfa was born in the southwest Paris suburb of Clamart in 1987, and seems determined to turn things around at Newcastle.

We must say there seem to be some stories in the papers meant to destabilize the club, and we have a feeling that many journalists would just love to see Newcastle take the drop – they did last time and they will this time.

It would be a complete and utter disaster for the club to be relegated again, which is why we need our top players like Ben Arfa to come out fighting in the last three games and ensure we survive.

They also need to play well.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Hatem Ben Arfa · Newcastle News · Other News

19 responses so far ↓

• 1 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I do believe ben arfa is loyal, but we heard the same from ba, so who knows

• 2 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM

“It’s unfair on that group who have done everything they possibly can”.

completely disagree, they gave up against the bin dippers

• 3 cape town geordie // May 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM

He just simply has to start tomorrow

• 4 lesh // May 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Great stuff from Benny. Is he sure your agents are as straight as he seems to be though?

Now, all we need is a sparkling performance by the lads on Saturday. Not a to ask is it?

• 5 catchy in norway // May 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM

mag

lets hope soo :)

but dont hold your breath

• 6 danuneek // May 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I have a plan to keep us up, basically Im going to bet against us in everyone of our last games. Also, I’ll put a bet on for us to get relegated.

My thinking, I have the worse luck betting on Newcastle…

• 7 danuneek // May 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

In fact, I think everyone should do it!

• 8 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // May 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I am going for a 5-0 loss tomorrow,

if i have 0 expectations at least i will not be disappointed

• 9 cape town geordie // May 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I just wonder how our poor defence are going to deal with west hams physical presence

• 10 catchy in norway // May 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM

lets set a record, a new one
    4 own goals
    all from corrners

carrol and nolan to score hatricks

• 11 yo-yo // May 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Catchy

Let me get this right… You want us to lose 6-0 with two hat tricks against us or 10-0 (two hat-tricks and four OGs).

As either result would almost certainly mean relegation and the article is about player loyalty – and I don’t doubt HBAs comments – then can you clear up your onw position.

• 12 WWYCD // May 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Benny I could care less what u wear to the gym just spend more time in it and lose that timber lad

Going for a 1-1 draw tomorrow akin to the West Brom performance

• 13 ilovetoon8788 // May 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Reckon a draw for us. Who cares about though. A draw might just be enough to survive the drop.

• 14 Transfer Sage // May 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

rainrix

I think it could be seen one of two ways.

1. Ashley is ambitious so benitex/other proven man would be a good investment.

2. ashley is trying to spend as little as possible, therefore a better manager could achieve results with less or cheaper players.

Then again he could just keep pardew/appoint a similar man to save money and gamble on mid table…not sure, i’ll judge him in the summer.

• 15 gazzaforever // May 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM

If benny starts tomorow, we ll win.

• 16 Transfer Sage // May 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM

i’m going for a 3-1 toon win

same as west brom game but we take our chances when they come

• 17 Rainrix // May 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Sage.. Well hopefully that is ashleys reasoning. Perhaps with the extra money he might be willing to increase the budget for a manager? The benitez talk has mainly been focused in the north east so the rumours look a lot more believable than the generic paper rumours. Hopefully they’re true.

• 18 mindshaft // May 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Typical tabloid reporting – not sure why this is even a story – who would care even if true, he’s wearing a PSG shirt to the gym ooooh the traitor, he should have black and white stripes and the nufc crest tattooed onto him to make up for it

• 19 ArtyH // May 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

For the last few games we have played in either the first half or the second half, but never both. Its radical but if we played with the intention to attack in both halves but change our attack force at half time so each set knew before hand they had to run their hearts out for only 45mins then they would be changed over might be worth a go. Then tiredness could not be a factor and it would mix up the game play to give WHU a bit more to think of, and attack is the best form of defence. WE need to bypass Nolan and Carrol so we do not get our nose put out of joint as both these two are more than capable of scoring against us.

previous post: Newcastle Need A Leader Like This Right Now