The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Great Wigan Win – We Had Good Goal Disallowed – Pardew

12:30 am, Sunday, May 5th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 125 Comments

Both Aston Villa and Wigan Athletic picked up vital away wins today and the Latics are now just 3 points behind Newcastle with a game in hand which they play on Tuesday night, and Villa are now two points ahead of us, after being three points behind us two games ago.

alan pardew at west ham

Alan Pardew – yesterday at Upton Park

Alan Pardew seemed happy enough with a point after the game – but we really needed the win and we h the chances to win the game – but again we couldn’t put the ball home and have scored just three goals in our last seven league games – and that;s simply not good enough.

Alan Pardew though it was a great win for Wigan:

“It was a great win for Wigan and it has put extra pressure on us and all those around us,” “But you can only do what you can in a game and I thought we were terrific in the first half.”

“I thought we had a legitimate goal that was chalked off.” “I thought it was in at the time. I saw the linesman slip over and it worried me because he is in line with that, and if he hasn’t seen it.”

“I asked him at half-time and he said he had seen it. I don’t know how he did that. It was down to the referee then. I thought by West Ham’s reaction it looked in. And sometimes player reactions tell you everything.”

“In the second half our flair players faded, Hatem Ben Arfa in particular, unfortunately for us,” “We lacked a little bit of punch.” “We had to roll our sleeves up in the last 15 minutes, defend well and the goalie played well.”

“And we dispelled some of the stupid myths that have been thrown around about us – that there is a rift and a lack of unity.” “We put that to bed today, now we have got to show the quality in the group to get us out of this mess that we are in.”

Well, we can talk about it for the next week, but the only truth is that we took one point out of the game yesterday – and we must win at least one of our last two games, if we are to stand a chance of avoiding the drop.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

125 responses so far ↓

• 1 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 12:32 AM

stuart, what we can hope for is if Hughton can be sacked for another manager to take us forward, the same could easily apply for Pardew.

I think he had his vote of confidence in January. His failure to get us to at least midtable safety combined with going out of Europe before the 1/2?s could hardly go unnoticed.

Up for some twitter talk? Join me @ColdInTheNight

• 2 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM

The myths have been put to bed…. really, is this the best we can hope we play…. i sure hope not because if its so then Remy will give a bloody good schooling when we play QPR.

• 3 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM

@kevin, i can hardly say that not making the semis in the europa is something to be sacked for, the league, oh yes please sack this incompetent man, but to be honest benfica are in the final, and could win and showed that we were almost capable of matching them

• 4 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM

@zero
    Elliot was outstanding today mate were a few of the Liverpool goals where I think he could have done better but he is a more than capable deputy.A bit like Harps was to Given.
    I’d have given Campbell a run today mix it up a bit I’m sure Big Sam was expecting Strolla at some point

• 5 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM

ruddy well thanks for that you’ve just totally contradicted your 1st post so well done oh and your 1 about me not replying with insults haha!!
    i find it really funny how only the other day you were telling me not to push my point forcebly but you look a twat now don’t ya!!

• 6 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM

We certainly possess the quality to beat QPR and I expect we won’t be guarding the draw there. All I’m praying for is a little luck, no injuries this week and a couple results our way. But I feel it will go to the wire and Arsenal will need a win in the last game.

Up for some twitter talk? Join me @ColdInTheNight

• 7 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 12:43 AM

NBA – not really, if Pardew won the thing and got us safe, he’d have some ground to stay for next season. I am merely suggesting he doesn’t have that to bail himself out. In the eyes of his superiors, not the fans. Though I’d probably swallow it too somehow if I experienced a trophy and a final day survival combined.

Up for some twitter talk? Join me @ColdInTheNight

• 8 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 12:44 AM

manxpie…. have you answered my questions yet? nope thought not, i find it rarther amusing that you are just as bad as the posters you slate.

• 9 Joe Blog // May 5, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Doesn’t take much for his cockiness levels to go up a notch – we only drew 0-0 Pardupe.

• 10 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 12:44 AM

kevinhann err no!!

• 11 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 12:45 AM

@kevin
    To be honest mate I think the Qpr game will be harder than the Arsenal game as we expect nothing from them.Will Remy be the one to sink us and will floppy chops have the last laugh

• 12 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM

zero ask me again if you ain’t noticed ive been answerin a few so ask me again plz?

• 13 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Manxpie you do come across somewhat trollish, you simply post sometimes to get a rise out of catchy or ruddy, knowing fullwell their responses then spend three or four posts using their irrational heated comments to put down all anti pards people or arguements without substaniating your propards view.

• 14 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 12:47 AM

manxpie see the previous thread i would love to know your views, im not trying to start an arguement just simply curious to your stand point

• 15 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 12:49 AM

manxpie – I tend to look at it as a list of priorities. We need to keep key players, and bring new ones over the summer. Some rebuilding of our reputation as a club would help. Whatever Pardew did wrong this entire season, winning a trophy combined with the injuries and a midtable finish would actually increase his stock (which is still possible and I believe we would have gotten it if we didn’t lose to Benfica in such a manner).

I’m not discussing his likability. What troubles me most at this moment is his ability to keep the players motivated and believing. I think that’s gone now or it’s down to pure professionalism and bits of loyalty.

Up for some twitter talk? Join me @ColdInTheNight

• 16 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 12:51 AM

daztoon – it won’t be easier. I fear the players may crumble much more if we need a result at home and know there is no going back once it’s over. No need to analyze, remember our last two home games?

Up for some twitter talk? Join me @ColdInTheNight

• 17 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 12:54 AM

@Kevin,
    im struggling to workout if hes lost the dressing room, its really strange, the lads were putting in good shifts around christmas, aswell as in the Europa league… i think we were unlucky to go out, maybe with Ba, or Remy or even another striker we would have made the semis, then who knows… but thats a big IF.

My main consern is some of the bizzare team selections and positionings, i really think pards may be just hitting and hoping now.

Last season we won ugly at somepoints, but we loooked like a team, some of the tactics we old but they were effective, no one can blame pards for trying to replicate that. However i just dont get why he does what he does, like shipping out Cisse to the wing, bringing on shola or playing jonas.

• 18 stuart no9 // May 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM

repost.

kevinhann @ 16 yep pardew was giving a vote of confidence in jan.
    Ashley had a decision to make – does he sack pardew and get a new face in to secure our prem status , or does he keep him and get him the players he wants , ? he picked wrong, and now not only do the fans have to suffer ( again) but that poor decision by ash could cost him about 70M.
    Yeah they are mates , but if my mate just cost me 70M i would want to chin him , never mind sack him.

• 19 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM

@stuart
    For sure mate Lambert has had some real beatings this season and the man deserves a lot of credit for getting the best out of what he has and finishing strong

• 20 AndyNUFC // May 5, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Kevin, no offence, but it sounds as though every post you’re trying to gather a cult of necrophiliacs to tweet you.

• 21 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM

@Zero

I don’t think he has lost it. My gut feeling is Europe was the psychological carrot for the players and once it vanished, they were stripped of any feeling of possible accomplishment and completely demoralized to find themselves in looming relegation struggle. They were shocked and to be honest I don’t think Pardew could have prevented that whatever his selection, formation or game plan.

The reason I would like another manager installed is I believe the positives of a fresh start are overwhelming, especially at the risk of losing key players in the summer, even if we survive. We will surely buy others but the team will need another half a season to gel then and we would probably challenge for midtable finish. While a high profile name can really kick-start things and see us closer to the top teams, especially if we do well in the first few games.

All that assuming we manage to avoid relegation.

Up for some twitter talk? Join me @ColdInTheNight

• 22 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 1:04 AM

@Andy

I’m sorry, is it annoying? I just intended to keep it as signature and get in touch with some of you, guys. In a Newcastle-related chat way.

Why? Any necrophiliacs around? :)

• 23 stuart no9 // May 5, 2013 at 1:04 AM

typical pardew comments @ “we were terrific in the first half” what he means is ” it was a vast improvement on last week ” we havnt been terrific all season ! ” we jaded in the 2nd half ” tel me something new alan !
    There was nothing different in that performence to suggest we are in trouble, and we better start playing football to get out of this mess i have put you in .

• 24 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 1:04 AM

zero seriously??/
    i’ve been on here for over 2 years and have always joined in on many posts ask transfer or anyone else
    i’ve stated many times my hatred of catchy for a long time too
    he’s only ever on here in turmoil and your questioning my faith in all things nufc?/
    and i’ve had no problem with ruddy till tonight with him calling me silly,a moron and i think he called me an idiot aswell wouldn’t you take offence with that all i have posted is my views on the team n pardew and i’ve posted many a time about the problems we’ve had this season which is not all down to pardew if there was a better manager available that ashley would pay for then ofcourse i’d want that!
    i wasn’t on after the liverpool game because i couldn’t be arsed arguing the same things that have been argued over n over and was shocked by the performance but again was pardew the full reason for it infact the second half of that game we lost 4-0 with most peoples starting team but again he gets slaughtered!
    there’s alot of pressure at this kind of season so i can understand sum situations but yeah i can also understand that sum of his choices are strange but i still think he deserves a chance if we stay up with his squad fully fit
    thats all i’ve ever said so no trolling here man!

• 25 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

@stuart

Probably it wasn’t a wrong decision, could come good in the end. Given we survive, of course.

• 26 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Does a manager that lead a team into a hole, get credit for getting them out of one? How will we feel about pards if he gets a win at QPR and a draw at Arsenal?

Im not pro pards by any stance, i think hes very one dimensional and stuck in the 80′s however, we do have an extremely out of form striker and a a pretty much new defense. If we do stay up and manager to sign a good striker and a good feeding midfielder like de jong from ajax then, he has no excuses, give him the first 5 matches to see what happens.

Lets face it lads, we aint getting a new manager this season, and i doubt we will get one for next season unless we are relegated, so on a brighter note, what does pards need not to f*ck things up and create a more attacking team. ATM we donot have a fully fit attacking squad selection….

• 27 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:07 AM

How will we feel about pards if he gets a win at QPR and a draw at Arsenal?

Lets face it lads, we aint getting a new manager this season, and i doubt we will get one for next season unless we are relegated, so on a brighter note, what does pards need not to screw things up and create a more attacking team. ATM we donot have a fully fit attacking squad selection.

If this gets posted three times i do apologise but the site is screwing up for me lol

• 28 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM

@manxpie
    You can’t justify most people’s starting line up lost 4-0 when the team that started the second half were already chasing a 2-0 scorline from Pardews negative starting line up

• 29 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Manx

I’m sick of this season, I’m sick of Pardew and I am sick of people like you sticking up for him.

As for contradicting myself, I think I can maintain a degree of integrity even by doing so, such is my superiority ;)

As for looking like a twat it would seem the pot is calling the kettle black.

When Pardew is sacked, and it will be imminent then who will you rush to defend?

My allegiances are to my club, whereas yours are with this con man of a manager

• 30 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM

did the players today look like they were against the manager??
    we played well and pardew was barking them on at every oppertunity didn’t look like they were against him to me?

• 31 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 1:12 AM

@zero
    I don’t think Cisse is out of form he needs service and today proved with the only chance he had he was unlucky not to score

• 32 Laurent Robert 32 // May 5, 2013 at 1:12 AM

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we couldn’t get any points from the QPR game. If we did go ahead, you just know we’ll be sitting back trying to defend it for the second half.

“we had to dig in” “we had to roll up our sleeves” all making it sound like we’ve held up a dam with our bare hands, when in fact we are giving the opposition just more ammunition to attack us and it forces us to to park the bus AGAIN. Criminal.

Pardew thinks he’s a tactical genius and can just revert to ultra defensive once we go ahead, but it’s awful and doesn’t realise that he’s actually harming the side. How he can get a job managing a Premier League club is beyond me. He has no clue of how to play pass and move football which our players are more suited to. He just keeps applying his lower league direct style.

Cisse on the right AGAIN for half an hour is a waste of time. Do we wonder why the lad hasn’t scored as many this season? It’s outrageous management and the tip of the ice berg.

I hope he is relieved of his duties the night after the last game of the season, with a proven European manager immediately brought in. As long as we stay up of course.

• 33 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Also, earlier you were slating Anita in order to justify your continued support of Pardew despite the fact that technically he is twice the player of Gutierrez, Tiote and Perch.

Your pandering knows no bounds.

• 34 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM

lol Manxpie none of that post really equates to keeping him though i mean comeone the mans broken all the worst records possible, but personally i think its a minefield, theres far to much happened this season that was out of his control …injuries etc. like you say you can only work with what you are given. My main gripe with the man is he doesnt appear to learn from his mistakes, his pushing cisse to the wing for ba was unforgivable in my eyes… a clear representation of his squad selection based on favouritism not ability.

Why he plays jonas, i dont think any of us will ever know, and why put shola on instead of campbell, if we get relageted campbell will HAVE to be our next Carroll and drag our ass out the championship, might aswell give the lad a chance now give him some experience.

• 35 AndyNUFC // May 5, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Nah not annoying Kevin, I think you’re totally right about the Europa. Christ imagine if we had 2 games of semi finals to fit in on top of our league crisis! The home leg score vs Benfica and Cisse chance today sums our season up – can’t get over the finish line to press on for a result to send us to the next level.

Quite unbelievable when you count the internationals in our team. We should be midtable easy but I think the Montpellier manager Girard makes sense next year, not only for Ashley as he’s free, but because he won the title on a budget with young players – provided we stay up!

• 36 stuart no9 // May 5, 2013 at 1:15 AM

andy – what makes you think i have a burning desire to have a sexual relationship with a corpse ????

• 37 stavros // May 5, 2013 at 1:19 AM

manxpie

Who is to blame? Aston Villa have had just as many injuries with a far inferior squad. Instead of 5 new players including 3 internationals as re-enforcements they’ve had to settle for children and a new manager. They are above us.

The results alone aren’t the reason people want Pardew to be sacked. It’s that he’s made a lot of mistakes and doesn’t learn from them.

Last week the team were hugely disorganized, shocking at the back, showed a lack of passion and were unable to string too passes together. Is the manager not at fault for that? In this case it’s worse because the manager is also the defensive coach.

• 38 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Just to set the record straight, I’m pretty much alive and kicking, regardless of the team I support.

I can’t help but think if we saw Benfica off, we’d have gone on to win at least one of the Prem games since then. And wouldn’t have conceded 9 against Sunderland and Liverpool.

• 39 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM

well i’m glad your not acting superiour then ruddy :)
    do you not think i’m not sick of this season, do you not think i’m not sick of hearing pardew out or the word cluless
    the fact is i’ve give reasons for this season being terrible and actually looking at the bigger picture instead of blaming 1 guy i’m a moron or an idiot!? really??
    so i apologise for actually putting a reasoned argument to the continuous pardew out brigade on a nufc BLOG because i believe this season has been a nightmare from the shite summer transfer window we had!!
    but hey how dare i!

• 40 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Daz cisse has been out of form all season, his touch has been too heavy more times than not, and some of his goals have been fluky not awe inspiring. he has missed more sitters than id like to think about, although i carnt really blame him, he went from being the next best thing, clubs like mancity watching in awe, chelsea fearing his presence…to being shipped out to the side in favour of a different player.

I think his head dropped for a while, i dont doubt his commitment to the club, i dont think he will even move if we are relegated…. i do think hes lost faith in his manager, as he probably thinks his manager doesnt believe in him.

• 41 Laurent Robert 32 // May 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM

If you fill your side with players who don’t have a history of assists and goals, over a length of time, you will not score goals. It really is that simple.

Even if you do, you can have a poor, negative manager like Pardew limiting our chances further.

The frustration of seeing a class A Prat making a mess of coaching some talented players is very disheartening.

• 42 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:24 AM

manxpie wheres the reasonable arguement for pards not to be sacked? can i have a link to it please.

• 43 AndyNUFC // May 5, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Laurent Robert. Pardew thinks he is a tactical genius? Give over man just accept our team are in the thick stuff and stop just saying the easiest excuse.

It amazes me people who genuinely believe managers set up to draw or even lose a game. It’s our tight owners fault that we didn’t pay Remy enough or had a plan B to compliment Cisse.

Im sick of this interview criticism as well – whatever Pardew says is stupid or untrue – its the sort of witch hunt that got Robson sacked, and no im not comparing them – im just saying appreciate we aren’t playing Edgar, Duff, Geremi and Viduka

• 44 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Manx

You’ve put reason and logic to DEFEND him? Serious contradiction there, because it would seem that reason and logic wins out on the side of those who want to see him gone.

Injuries do not account for it to the extent you purport, lots of teams higher up the table than us have smaller squads, less reinforcements and have injury concerns yet they are safe while we are not.

Also I think “you’re” looking for the word “superior”.

And yes, how dare you pollute us with your mind numbingly, blatantly incorrect point of view, it’s ever so tiresome.

• 45 stuart no9 // May 5, 2013 at 1:27 AM

laurent @31 that is why pardews cv looks like a disastrous looser who hasnt learnt his lesson.

• 46 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Ruddy stop baiting him. we will never have even a hint of a rational debate on here like that.

• 47 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM

ruddy tell me 1 game in the prem that anita has played well??
    and btw i’m not the only one who has noticed this he’s not been anywhere near a 6 mill player so far but wat do i know i mean it’s not as if i train with and watch him every day

• 48 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Zero

You’ll be waiting a long time to get rational debate for someone who claims reason and logic are reinforcements to keep Pardew in a job, right now I am pissed off and he’s an idiot so I feel like tearing strips off him.

• 49 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Manx

It’s hard to debate with you when you refuse to spell properly.

• 50 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 1:30 AM

@zero
    It’s been talked about new players coming in and needing time to settle.Look at Cisse last season came in same time at Christmas bang scored goals galore.this season shipped out to the wing what manager would change something that worked so good only Pardew

• 51 KevinHann // May 5, 2013 at 1:32 AM

On a more positive note I’m in my 12th season as Newcastle manager in FM2013 and I still have Krul, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba in the squad. Oh, and van Persie is garbage but I got a reserve spot for him in AML.

• 52 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Manxpie, ill use the same arguement as you use for pards, Anita has been world class, since when he was playing we were fielding a shower of shite for him to work with. Of course this is all because of injuries lol

I personally think anita has played ok, about the same goes for sissoko who started very brightly but has dulled of late.

next season will tell who are the true purple 11, providing pards doesnt keep playing his favs

• 53 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 1:36 AM

@manxpie
    Man utd away he got took out late on by valencia had a great game and the run of games before that he was our best player by far

• 54 AndyNUFC // May 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM

“Pardew is a negative manager.” aye because he got the 5th in the league and the quarter finals of Europa by not wanting to win and defending all game.

It’s so clear to see we’re either knackered, don’t have a leading presence, or don’t know how to make the runs to make chances and keep the ball.

This is not the manager’s fault entirely. We need a better striking coach, a playmaker in midfield with pace – like Coutinho – and an inside left forward, as well as a physical striker to alternate attack styles.

That being said, hopefully our French lads are more up to the pace of the league next season, like Haidara, and we don’t have a shocking injury tally.

• 55 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Again, i think it needs to be noted… Anita was never ment to be our saviour, hes no world beater on his own, certainly not a messi. I think he was an appeasement signing for the fans, i certainly dont think he was the best choice from Ajax, and they have significantly better players to be bought. (Ajax is the second team i support, Dortmond my third)

• 56 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Andy

He is a defensive manager, how many goals did we score en route to the EL quarter finals? We got there by keeping clean sheets i.e defending.

Most of last season was compact defending and sharp counter attacking, tactics also found prevalently in a defensive manager.

Yes, he’s defensive, that point is not up for discussion, it’s a given.

• 57 AndyNUFC // May 5, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Also Anita was our MOTM against City at home.

He’s the sort of player we needed to have 3-4 other quick, ball playing new faces in with, but as ever our tight owner only signed him as a hope his versatility meant we could hoy him in different positions when injuries picked up.

• 58 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Andy, Ruddy is right hes defensive, too defensive at times (never defend a 1 nill lead at half time).
    We scraped at lot of victories last year on road to our 5th position, winning ugly many a time.

Its not like we regulary were putting 4 or 5 past teams, we certainly aint the entertainers no more.

• 59 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM

zero well if you’d been on here week in week out you would have seen it surely but i’m the troll??
    ruddy so how is your oppinnion more worthy or “incorrect” than mine plz explain because i’m obviously an idiot,moron and mind numbing!!!?
    and also not allowed to have an oppinnion !?
    tell me these teams that have had the same injuries and expectations that we have had and had the extra 14 games plus playing thur sunday after travelling a couple of thousand miles?
    is that not some crazy differences to these higher up teams?
    have these higher up teams had to change there defence so much i mean tell me another team that has?
    tell me another team that has lost players equall to there team in cabeye,collo,krul,arfa,ba,tiote,staylor,cisse,santon,debuchy, and quite a few of them for long periods?

• 60 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I just seen the goal that was ruled offside that was over the line again we were robbed guess that about sums up our season oh well roll on QPR then we can get nothing as usual and be relegated already planning on booking my season ticket for next season cos the home games should be a lot of good matches

• 61 AndyNUFC // May 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Sorry Ruddy but do you think winning 1-0 is being defensive? Because mathetically, of course, it’s scoring 1 more than the opponents.

Plus what’s wrong with a manager wanting us to defend well? Christ I’ve seen people on here wishing we had Allardyce back!

It’s easy to see we’ve missed Coloccini who can play it out and Ba who can physically beat a defence, and have never had a consistentMarveaux

• 62 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Manx

Take a look at Wigan’s injuries and their squad that they have and the very fact that they are in an FA Cup final and 3 pts behind us with a game in hand is embarrassing.

Also if you cannot spell opinion correctly then you do not deserve one.

• 63 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:50 AM

manxpie, that post is exactly why i liken you to a troll its simply bait for the others to feed upon, i have no doubt that both catchy and Ruddy are trolling you in some way shape and form as they do enjoy trying to slap people around on here, that much is very apparent.

Ill point out to you however, that you constantly go to the defense of ”ive been here longest, im on week in week out” something you did last time i posted something you couldnt argue with. This is rarther childish, as if be somehow being on the blog longer (even if true) makes your points any more valid than a new poster?

again you still havnt really answered my questions, either of them, and from what i can tell your arguement for pards to stay is he wasnt backed, too many injuries, who could have done a better job. Personally it needs to be viewed now, who could have done any worse….

• 64 AndyNUFC // May 5, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Zero but who is? The league us tighter than a nuns from 9th down.

If anything I feel sorry for Pardew and the team – I bet he wishes he could have just put kids in the early Europa games, but even then the fans would criticise.

• 65 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Andy

I wasn’t discussing the merits of defensive football, I was disputing the fact that you were claiming he isn’t a defensive manager when he is absolutely positively is.

Please don’t take the simplistic view that because you score 1 more goal than the opposition then you have attacked more than them.

Chelsea scored as many goals as Barca at the Nou Camp in last year’s semi final, did that mean they were as attacking as them? Seriously, that’s being disingenuous.

• 66 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Zero

Talk to me, not about me, height of bad manners and I won’t stand for it, call me a troll to my face or not at all.

• 67 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM

well thats petty isn’t it ruddy you surely know wat i’m saying!
    your coming across more and more like a tosser to be honest but hey ho
    anyways i’m off got work tomorrow good debating with “some” of you

• 68 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Cisse and Santon been fit pretty much all season so you can’t justify them in that list

• 69 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Manx

You’ve debated with no one. I answered your question so in what way is it petty, your grammar genuinely annoys me.

• 70 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 1:55 AM

OK no one seems to reply to my post so who actually thinks the goal from cisse was in without being biased

• 71 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 1:56 AM

No doesn’t look like all the ball is over the line

• 72 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM

the ball only has to be a fraction over the line to be classed as a goal as long as it is over the line thats in

• 73 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM

but as per usual the refs are out to get Papiss 5 goals disallowed in 4 games cmon something aint right

• 74 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Roll on Qpr and hopefully a win so I can start sleeping again HWTL night all

• 75 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM

*sighs* this is really a waste of my time isnt it….

• 76 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM

someone is being paid i can feel it

• 77 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 2:00 AM

toontillidie i thought the whole of the ball had to cross the line??

• 78 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 2:01 AM

@zero
    Lol have another jäger

• 79 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 2:02 AM

zero wat ever fella i seriously can’t remember ever talkin to you and if i’m being called a troll ofcourse i’m gonna defend myself!
    and the fact i asked you to repost the questions you so desperatly wanted me to answer and didn’t says to me that they really weren’t that important or something that i’ve not already answered so ask me again if its that important?
    and btw do you actually know wat trolling is?
    i’m asking you because it seems that you think my annoyance at certain posts and reaction to them is trolling that is deffo not the case its exactly that my annoyance of there posts and my counter to them!

• 80 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 2:03 AM

i can still taste the jager does that count?

• 81 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 2:04 AM

No I think yer gonna need another bottle lol

• 82 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 2:04 AM

@ daztoon do u really think on the performance against West Ham we can get something from the QPR game? i personally would like to see us get 3 points but if wigan win vs swansea midweek it puts us level with the same amount of games to play but their last 3 games are against arsenal man city and villa which i am hoping they dont get anything from but if they do the toon are doomed cos we have no chance against the gunners the last game of the season they are fighting for a CL place

• 83 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM

@ zero from what i read in the rules as long as at least half the ball is over the line it is classed as a goal

• 84 daztoon-anti christ is that the time // May 5, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Toon
    I live in hope mate anti depressant down now time to dream of happier days nite all

• 85 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 2:08 AM

i used to play for doncaster rovers back in the day wasnt a regular first teamer but played a couple and a couple of goals scored were ruled out as not in then the panels looked at them and stated the ball crossed the line even if it wasnt fully it is still a goal

• 86 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Maxpie, well i did tell you where to go look for the posts, as re re posting somtething is a little tiresome, and you did attempt to answer the question on a previous thread but actually skirted it with BS….so your previous excuse of not ‘seeing it’ was invalid, but i over looked this in good faith that you actually may discuss your views in a little more detail.

And yes i do know what trolling is, by your mannerisms to your view point/posting habbits and almost out right refusal to accept other views with harsh over exerting critism to other posters, often irrationally does point somewhat towards a troll.

You now seem more interested in disecting peoples posts for insults towards you than actually debating their view points rationally.

• 87 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 2:08 AM

gn daztoon sleep well

• 88 manxpie // May 5, 2013 at 2:09 AM

well ruddy you’ve spelt marvelous wrong :)
    the fact that grammar offends you says alot about you really and the fact you take things to heart very easily also says alot!!
    gudnite m8 dus tis mak u mad :)

• 89 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM

toontillidie your probs right its not a rule that ive looked at in quite some time, i think the last time my attention was brought to it was the England germany match at the euros, and possible a chelsea match last year…i carnt for the life of me remember who they were playing against.

• 90 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 5, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Manx

I see you took extra care with your spelling until the final line, seems like inadvertently you’re doing my bidding ;)

Except, you spelt “marvellous” wrong. So if you’re going to try and catch me out don’t be an idiot while doing so.

• 91 RonVanDam // May 5, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I wouldn’t say we would win against QPR. Pardew is no Rednapp and qpr have been playing really well lately. Looking at the table, there are 3 other teams who could drop
    Wigan:
    Swansea (h)
    Arsenal (a)
    Villa (h)

Sunderland:
    Stoke (h)
    S/hamton (h)
    Spurs (a)

Norwich:
    West Brom (h)
    City (a)

Norwich has 2 tough games, i can see them picking any points, if Wigan do escape again, Norwich are more likely to go down IF we win our next game

• 92 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 2:19 AM

@ zero
    chelsea vs Liverpool in FA cup Final Andy Carroll and yeah that was also a valid goal just shows how bad refereeing has become

• 93 toontillidie // May 5, 2013 at 2:23 AM

@ ronvandam

i cannot see wigan beating arsenal straight off the back of a man city match so we may still be in with a chance as long as they lose to 2 of the other 3 Villa are playing well of late and could really do us a favour a win against QPR for us could do it but i will not hold my breath as Redknapp has them fighting for a good finish in the Premier league before their demise to the championship

• 94 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Refereeing and the FA have been a joke this season, is goal line tech actually going to be used next season, if so the call for a extra ref on the monitors surely should be implemented. With the amount of money spent and riding on games, it does seem old fashioned now, i think the excuse of it will take away an element of the game is long past its sell by date, the fact that players are not treated equally on the pitch, either due to nationallity, previous form or team

• 95 LeToonARMY // May 5, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Strong team against QPR !!! This match will be like a Cup Final. Its all or nothing for us we have to play for our lives. First person to take the cut will be Guttirez. Then it would be Simpson (unfortunately) Debuchy is better. If we win this game we could start talking about what to do next season !! This is my team for next week
    Eliot
    Debuichy Taylor Collo Yanga
    Cabaye Tiote
    Ben Arfa Sissoko Gouffran
    Cisse
    Subs
    Perch
    Anita
    Guitrez
    Obertan
    Campbell

• 96 RonVanDam // May 5, 2013 at 2:36 AM

I have a question, please help.

If we do go down, and win promotion next year. How much will we earn from promotion AND what will be the difference in revenue from promotion to finishing 10th in the EPL

• 97 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM

RonVanDam doesnt that rely on us coming straight back up?

i think its between 60-85 million for winning the championship, we would only get a parachute payment of around 6.5 million for relegation so we would still see a shortfall for our relegation

• 98 RonVanDam // May 5, 2013 at 2:50 AM

@ Zero

Sorry i ment if we won the Championship. Im still hoping we beat the drop this season and let this serve as a timely reminder for Ashley to invest every summer

• 99 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 3:02 AM

yeah it will certainly a ‘learning curve’ for him, although i can sort of rationalise why he didnt invest, in his eyes by keeping the squad the same at worst we should have been around 10th, but i dont think he anticipated what really was to come. He added some depth, just not enough nor of good enough quality, maybe he wantd our youth to come through god only knows….. lets just pray we dont have to face the drop, as even if we keep our best players it will no doubt set us back significantly.

• 100 RonVanDam // May 5, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Talking about youth, heres hoping Conor Newton, Brad Inman, Paul Dummett and Shane Ferguson start breaking into 1st team next season

• 101 Zero // May 5, 2013 at 3:15 AM

they may be the first team if relegated lol

• 102 p // May 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Well I think everyone agrees, a point away to West Ham is something we probably all would have taken. It’s a good result.

It was just very unfortunate for us Villa and especially Wigan got an unlikely 3 points.

No margin for error now. 3 points at QPR or we are relying on others to mess up. We’ll get a good hiding from Arsenal in all likelihood.

• 103 p // May 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM

oh and might I add, Pardew is an arse clown

• 104 RonVanDam // May 5, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Haha I wonder who the coach will be

• 105 p // May 5, 2013 at 3:28 AM

whar coach, our new coach?

someone shite so don’t get your hopes up

• 106 BandB // May 5, 2013 at 4:31 AM

As the team gathered for pre-season training last summer, double manager of the year Alan Pardew was briefing the press on season’s expectations.
    He seemed to have been well-briefed himself, and this is the gist of his message.
    “We got a bit ahead of ourselves last year. As a result we’ve ended up with a cup competition that is going to be a struggle for us.
    “People think we are in a good position to push for the Champion’s League, but the owner isn’t going to fund that.
    “We should have enough to do well, if we can keep the squad together, but I’ve been given no guarantees.
    “Eighth was the target for last season.
    “It still is.”
    And with that, he set about the unprecedented task of doing what his bosses regarded as desirable…searching for reverse gear.

• 107 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // May 5, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Does anybody remember Pardew’s interview after the West Brom 1-1?

He said how proud he was to get such a “Brilliant result”.

Now if that’s not mediocrity then what the hell is?!?!

It certainly got the team ready for the next 2 games……..

• 108 Greebol1892 // May 5, 2013 at 6:33 AM

this is getting hard to stomach. Pardew brings no. 23 on and shifts Cisse RW. P!SS OFF MAN! Then bringing Gosling on was just senseless!! The lad’s hardly played any 1st team football since we signed him! ALAN – TO SCORE GOALS WE HAVE TO ATTACK AND HAVE PLAYERS PUSH FORWARD TO SUPPORT. WHY DONT YOU GET IT?!?
    Shame Gouffran tired because he has impressed my in his last 3 games. But he seems to be the mandatory sub anyway.

• 109 Greebol1892 // May 5, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Forgot to mention that bald linesman – what a TW@T!!!

• 110 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Don’t deserve to stay up because we have lost to every team that is below us this season except QPR who we have only played at home.

• 111 davis_toons // May 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM

If we are expecting a win against Arsenal, isnt it better to go all out at QPR. There no doubt about that. We Have to Win.

• 112 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 5, 2013 at 7:17 AM

What requests should we ask to be played against Arsenal:

Status Quo – Down, Down Further Down!
    or
    Yaz and the plastic people – The Only Way is Up!

• 113 catchy in norway // May 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM

charlie

D ream, things can only get better

or

Kean – bad dream ??

• 114 toonarmydownsouth // May 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Just watching MOTD and villa and it made me think, when was the last time any of our lads had a pop for goal just outside the box, or even shoot full stop!’

• 115 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM

catchy
    the requests will be better than the football served up by the toon.

Didn’t relise the linesman yesterday was the same one that ‘didn’t see’ Manamans tackle on Haidara and the hand ball for Wigan’s winner.

• 116 Lebanese Toon Army // May 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Morning lads!

This is actually my first post on this blog, which I decided to write just to share my views on the hugely disappointing season we’ve had.
    Let me just start by saying that I’m not here to defend or attack Alan Pardew; I’m just trying to analyze things the way I see them.
    It has been such a painful season for all of us. However, I sometimes feel annoyed at the way some friends on this blog keep pointing the finger at AP for this season’s failures.
    It amazes me that people have been ignoring the following facts:
    1. AP over achieved with a bunch of average players last year. We punched way over our height.
    2. Everything has gone against us this year, starting with the disastrous summer window.
    3. Most factors that contributed to this season’s debacle are out of AP’s hands. It is not his fault that MA did not invest in the team when he should have done. I mean, not only was our squad too small, but also our team was no more the unknown, surprise package of last season. Yes we did sign 5 players in January, but let’s not forget that all of them are new to this country, new to the much highly-physical and technical league, and all joined at a very difficult time. We just cannot expect those signings to be saviors. Apart from Debuchy, all other four were unknown, unproven, quantity and they still are. Mapou was captain of a mediocre side that won a mediocre league. Haidara is a kid signed from an even more mediocre side. The same applies to Sissoko and Gouffran. They came from a slow league to the frantic league that is the Premier league, and have played more many games than they are used to, and are capable of. They were thrown straight in, did not have a pre-season to gel together. The fact they are all French does not necessarily mean that they can just break into the team and hit it off immediately.
    It is equally not AP’s fault that we had to suffer sooooo many injuries. You may blame the medics, the training ground surface but honestly, can AP be blamed for this?

I agree with you that some of AP’s tactical and selection decisions may have been poor, BUT, the guy 1) is only human and can succumb to pressure like anyone of us and 2)can only work with what he has got.
    Most of you criticize his continuous selection of Jonas, but who else does he have at his disposal? Sameobi? injury-plagued Marveaux – when available? Gouffran who is not a winger?
    Many of you equally criticize his persistence to bench Anita. I fully agree with you. He should play him, in place of under-performing Cabaye. Tiote is not and never was the most technical and creative player. He has always been and will be an old-fashioned defensive midfielder whose best contribution is breaking up play and at that the boy is still good. Cabaye seems either exhausted, unable to handle pressure or disinterested.
    Then comes the selection of Cisse. The poor guy was deployed on the right wing to please a mercenary who jumped ship at the first opportunity – good to see him struggle at Chelsea. Cisse is equally so unlucky with the amount of goals he scored but got unluckily disallowed/ ruled out. Still though, he frustrates me with his inability to stay onside, although he does give his all. If I were AP, I would partner Ameobi with young Campbell at QPR, and use Cisse as a second half sub impact.

Guys, criticizing should not turn into slating. Yes, AP has done some mistakes. He is only human. Is he too defensive? I don’t think so. It is just that he has got the players to play offensive/attacking football.
    We cannot just say that the guy has no tactical nous, cannot change the game, etc… This is after all, the same manager who masterminded THAT comeback against Arsenal, some great wins like the ones against Man Utd, West brom away, Swansea away just to name a few. He guided us to 5th last year and this cannot be pure luck, the same as this year cannot be blamed purely on bad luck. He guided us to the quarter-finals of the EL.
    All those calling for Benitez or Girard cannot be serious. Rafa is only ever interested in his own CV. as for Girard, well winning a mediocre league when all the usual competitors were having a transitional season does not warrant such support from us.
    Just look at the passion AP showed when he jumped into the crowd last month to celebrate Cisse’s goal.

Let us hope this just a summer cloud , and come the end of the season, we can all celebrate our survival, put this trauma behind us and plan for an assault on the top six next season.

• 117 Hatem's better than Messi // May 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM

If Pardew was happy with that then we’re doomed.

He’s yet to really wake up to the fact we are in a relegation battle.
    Wigan and Villa are fighting for their lives. Ultra competitive for 90mins. Like it’s the last match they’ll ever play.

I didn’t see that from our side. It was a relief to keep a clean sheet but I can’t think of any player on the pitch that was at war. Fighting for their lives? Too little too late, I think we’re down.

• 118 Roger // May 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Here is my idea what happended in the next games.
    We have 6 teams in danger, this are
    Newcastle
    Norwich
    Wigan
    Sunderland
    Southampton
    Aston Villa

NUFC had to play against QPR and Arsenal
    and will catch 3 points against QPR

Norwich 3 points against West Brom at home,
    nothing in Man City

Wigan 3 points aginst Swansea, nothing in
    London against Arsenal and 1 point against
    Villa at home at the last matchday

Sunderland 1 point on monday against Stoke
    and 3 points also at home against Southampton

Southampton 1 point against Stoke at home and
    nothing in Sunderland

Aston Villa 0 points again Chelsea at home and
    1 point in Wigan

At the end of the season

NUFC 41 POINTS
    NORWICH 41 POINTS
    WIGAN 39 POINTS
    SUNDERLAND 41 POINTS
    SOUTHAMPTON 40 POINTS
    ASTON VILLA 41 POINTS

You see what is the game for us we had to win,
    it is the game next weekend against QPR.
    If we loose this game we go down, I´m sure.

Howay the lads
    Roger

• 119 Hatem's better than Messi // May 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I think we need to win both.
    We have to be favourites to go down.
    It’s like they are all on valium and Wigan and Villa are taking adrenalin.
    The sleeping giant that snoozed it’s way to relegation.

• 120 Thump // May 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM

QPR won’t roll over. We saw yesterday that they could match Arsenal for most of the game and I’m not sure if that was Arsenal at fault or QPR picking up their performance levels. Either way, we’ll have to play bloody well to beat them.

• 121 catchy in norway // May 5, 2013 at 8:58 AM

115Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM

find this best song that suits us right now

• 122 eaststandgeordie1982 // May 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM

We are down he has took us down, hes so predictable its unreal i called the shola for HBA at half time took all of our creativity off and could of cost us the game.

• 123 kww // May 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

last season pardew has openly stated his preference for 1-0 victories after we won a game 1 nil against some other team.
    he said something like 1-0 is very professional even though the fans might prefer more goals.
    he’s a defensive coach.
    he lacks alot of experience tactically with the ball on the ground. the single biggest reason his tactics worked last season was Ba, who was perfect for his tactics, but we sold him in January. additionally, the combination of Jonas, Tiote and Cabaye worked well last season. For various reasons like loss of form, fatigue, age, the same players have not performed regularly. Lastly, fringe players like ameobi and best contributed some important goals , while this season, our only goal source is cisse.
    best has gone (profit!) and ameobi has regressed (age maybe). Of course there are all those defensive injuries Pardew has to deal with, Saylor, Colo, Santon, Raylor.

most people here on his blog don’t acknowledge the reasons above are beyond his control. so pardew’s an unlucky man to have been dealth all these cards in the first half of the season where all the damage was done.

That all said, the club’s recruitment policies this season was well intentioned and long term to transit the club to play more continental football, but Pardew will at least 1 full season without any distractions like injuries to be comfortable with it, but people saw it as the messiah for the season.

Pardew has not helped himself by always selecting his favorites (cabaye could have been rotated a bit to prevent exhaustion with anita, guti maybe rotated with perch). cabaye just came off an euro tourny, and will require extra care but pardew has not managed that well at all. as a matter of fact, pardew seems to lack some nuous managing a bigger squad (like harry redknapp at tottenham).

its probably unfair to pardew if he’s sacked in the summer, but sadly it’s probably true that a new manager will probably bring better results next season.

• 124 ErnestHemingway // May 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Song title to sum up this season…

That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore

Joey Barton would like that one, too.

• 125 toonluvva // May 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Does anyone wonder if Pardew is put under pressure to select “Purples” such as Tiote and Jonas even when they appear to be out of form?

previous post: The Captain Is Back – He Makes Such A Difference