The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle-Born Youngsters In Big Demand – May Leave Magpies

3:13 pm, Monday, May 6th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 167 Comments

Good news today about two of our 21 year-olds, who have been on loan at St. Mirren, and it’s that both Conor Newton and Paul Dummett have been offered new contracts by Newcastle United.

St Mirren's Conor Newton and Paul Dummett celebrate

Conor Newton and Paul Dummett after winning the Scottish League Cup
They both look good in black and white stripes!

But the youngsters could still think their futures lie outside of Newcastle and St. Mirren, Bolton Wanderers, Huddersfield Town and Doncaster Rovers are all said to be interested in the players.

Both have done very well north of the border, and were in the St. Mirren Scottish Communities League Cup winning side that beat Hearts 3-2 earlier in the season.

It looks like they may stay at St. Mirrren and if that’s the case it seems like Newcastle would not demand any fee from the Scottish Premier League side.

Their agent is Spencer Downey, and this is what he said today:

There is still an agreement to be reached on matters like the lengths of the contracts, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.” “Nothing has been decided yet and there is interest from other clubs.”

“But Newcastle have been impressed by the way Conor and Paul have been treated during their time in Scotland and have agreed that, if they do sign for Saints permanently, they will not ask for the compensation fee they are entitled to.”

“Instead, they will just ask for a sell-on clause to be inserted in their contracts that will see them take a share of any future profit.”

This is what Conor had to say today, as he ponders which move to make:

“I haven’t accepted the deal from Newcastle yet, we’re still talking, but I know that other clubs have been on to my agent.” “I owe a lot to St Mirren. It’s been a great season for me, but nothing has been put down on paper about a permanent move here.”

“But it would be an option I’d consider as I’ve loved my time up here.” “It’s still early for me. I would like to test myself down south at some point in my career, but I’ve only been playing first-team football for the past four months, so I’m not naive enough to think I’m just going to walk into the side at Newcastle.”

“So the next few months are crucial for my development.” “But I would love to make it at Newcastle and get a chance to play in those black and white stripes.” “It’s what every lad from the city dreams of. Right now, though, I will just bide my time.”

Here’s an example of two of our younger players who have come on a ton playing regular first team football, and it’s an example that could be followed by other youngsters who cannot yet get into the Newcastle first team.

Better to play every week at another club, and then they can always come back and see how things are at Newcastle, when they are better and more experienced players.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Conor Newton · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Paul Dummett · Transfer News and Rumours

167 responses so far ↓

• 1 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Re post:

Ernest

You profess some intellect but your intelligence is a creation of your own imagination.

You sir have a case of self delusion. You own perceived grandeur is polluting your imbecilic words and your opinion is falling deaf on open ears.

You’re resorting to Machiavellian tactics to avoid the embarrassment of being wrong and that is the shallowest form of intelligence.

I wish you would pipe down and submit your misgivings but you shall continue on trying to manipulate history and twist the words of others to try and fight this battle in what is a winless war.

Why don’t you go off to old trafford to support the club you hold in such high regard? You’d be better suited there with the rest of the prawn sandwich brigade.

You talk of players like they make the history of the club. Does having Bobby Moore at West Ham make them massive? New York Cosmos had Pele once. Napoli had Maradona. The list goes on of major superstatrs pplaying for clubs with solid historis but are not considered major forces in world football.

At times pre Ferguson Man Utd could be considered a major club, but they could also be considered a small one. Dennis Law back heel to relegate them. ‘springs to mind’.

You are a man caught in his own hype. An aspiring journalist perhaps? Someone who dreams of creating his own blog? A writer of the future?

You can learn all the words you want to, you can be taught how letters create sentences and how to correctly put them together in order to form cohesive points in the beauty of the English language.

One thing you can never be taught is how to win an argument. If you try to start it you best be confident you can win it.

Man Utd before Ferguson were a big club but they were not above average in terms of heritage and history here in the UK.

You cannot argue that point by throwing names into the mix you spouter of buncombe, you huge cacafuego, you sycophantic piece of shit.

• 2 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Getting his head stuck in Derek’s giant cat flap after losing his keys is too good for Ashley .

• 3 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM

So chalk that down as another win for the Beatrice.

I have a better record than Floyd Mayweather.

53-0.

• 4 Lilongwe Geordie // May 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM

They have come on for going on loan and playing first team football. What a shame the powers that be wouldn’t let Conor go out on loan 3 years ago to league 1 when we were in the championship and he had several offers. Who knows what level he could be at now.

• 5 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Sign them up, get them out on loan to a better league than the SPL and see if they can cut it.

Same for most of our U21′s.

They need Championship/PL experience for an entire season. No good letting them waste away in the U21 league.

Sammy, Fergie, Inman, Abied, Good, Newton, Vuckic, Dummit etc.. all need to go out on loan for a full season.

• 6 Lilongwe Geordie // May 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Beattie,
    They all needed to go out a few years ago. They may get to stay here and play for a championship side if we aren’t careful”

• 7 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Lilo

That is true.

By the way my respect for you has gone up 10 fold.

Not many people are insulted by me when I am fury mode and can put it to one side and still be polite.

Respect to you and I apologise for an harsh words.

• 8 DokToon // May 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

gmorning all…

just got caught up reading all the posts… would it be an acceptable statemen to say it was a good thing we got a point on the road, even tho wigan got all three?

• 9 Spellcheck // May 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Beatrice,if i was in opposite corner 2u i would take great priv

• 10 Spellcheck // May 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

OOPS!! Great privilege 2 knock you on your egotistical arse!!!!! With ease i have no doubt u prick!

• 11 solano // May 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM

We need these young’uns because they have vital lower League experience – exactly what we need after the French exodus when we’re in the Championship.. What a plan!

• 12 Lilongwe Geordie // May 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Beattie,

No worries, I think everyone’s tensions can run high, that is why I tend to avoid this place on match days, as I can see my self insulting a few people, as I have done on numerous occasions in post match pub debates/games in the past!

The club has done a disservice to a number of youngsters in the past by refusing to allow them to go out on loan, with their reasoning being the coaching is of a better standard. Even if that were true, nothing replaces actual match time. I ‘m sure others will have been refused loan time in the past, I know Conor was as I had done about 15 reports on the lad in our reserves and under 18s for a number of clubs who were interested. To my knowledge 3 approached the club and they said no.

My worry is the same happens to the next crop, Campbell, Satko, Streete, Mbabu, Alnwick, and in the following years Gillihead and Armstrong. They need to be out on loan at 18 to a club that plays the game the right way. A link up with Crewe, or a club with a similar focus on good football and development, would be ideal for the future development.

• 13 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Lilo

ironic if they go out on loan to a club that plays the right way then come back for Pardew’s defensive hoof ball!

• 14 santonthenewmaldini // May 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Its just a shame that we totally stunted these boys development if they had went to somewhere like St Mirren when they were 18 and then the Championship till they were about 21 they would most likely be ready to have a go in the 1st team next season people slate the SPL but St Mirren have played much better football too watch than what Pardews team has served us this season !Its a good development ground before players move to the Championship and we should be setting something up with St Mirren so they take our youngsters every season who are around the 18 age group

As it is Newton has only played 1st team football for 4 MONTHS!!!At 21 this is unacceptable and our club has failed him just like we have failed Abeid and Ferguson who have good skills but have been wasted sitting on our bench for 2 seasons

I worry the same fate will happen to Vuckic and Campbell

Even though he is a wee thug that Mcmannaman is some player for Wigan I think Campbell would have had the same impact for us given a run of games up front but Pardew would never risk it these last 10 games that Shola has came on and done NOTHING at all if Campbell had came on for 20 minutes each game I think he would have been involved in a couple of goals for us but we will never know

• 15 Tinman - Pardwho? // May 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Lilongwe,

It seems so simple to send our youngsters out on loan to these clubs. Nearly all of the lower league teams who are pushing for promotion have one or two loanees to boost their squad. Surely this means there is a high demand for our players, especially if we make a point of sending them out, more clubs will look to us for our youngsters.

It seems that we havent been doing it. If/when we stay up this season, hopefully we can have a good run in the premier league and get this very simple problem sorted out. Sending youngsters out on loan benefits everyone, I cant see why its not done more often by us.

• 16 Tinman - Pardwho? // May 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Oh and also, sending them to a team where they can learn how to be a winner, like these two at St Mirren, is absolutely priceless.

• 17 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Beattie ,
    That was an impressive list of players you mentioned in a previous post,but you have to remember some good players have been shipped out as well at a tidy profit,I’d say if you looked at the list of the top 20 richest clubs there would be similar lists of good signings .

• 18 Lilongwe Geordie // May 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Rotonda,
    Hopefully if they go out on loan they won’t be coming back to Pardew.

Tinman,
    I think the club seems to have finally realised this given the number of players we have loaned out. For a few of them though it will most likely be too late for their careers here.

The whole path through needs looking at, if Ashley is serious about developing our own youngsters then he needs to have clubs in place where these lads can go to learn their trade for 2 years, depending on their ability. Not playing that development slop underneath Beardsleys tutelage or sitting on the bench.

Whatever happened to Michael Richardson?

• 19 Tinman - Pardwho? // May 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM

We need to get Bigi out to a Prem club next season. One of the teams who comes up would be a good option. High hopes for that lad.

• 20 Tinman - Pardwho? // May 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Lilongwe, did Richardson not get a bad injury?

• 21 Lilongwe Geordie // May 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Jail,
    I don’t think Beatties point was necessarily the money spent or recouped, it was the quality of players we have bought under Ashleys policy. No one will argue that he tries to spend as little as possible per deal, but with the players Beattie listed, even an average manager should have us mid table.

• 22 Lilongwe Geordie // May 6, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Tinman,
    I think he went to Gillingham in January, but when I checked their squads he was never in, so an injury would seem to make sense.

• 23 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM

lilongwe,
    It’s just going round in circles pal there’s those that believe that had he of been backed in the summer we wouldn’t be in this mess and those of you believe that another average manager who wouldn’t have walked after being sh1t on could have done a better job.

• 24 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 4:21 PM

JFA

Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t defending Ashley. I was incriminating Pardew.

The player list was in response to a poster who said that Ashley ‘s transfer policies were the reason we were so low. Whilst they are a reason, we have brought in quality recently and unfortunately his shit policies mixed with an awful manager have led us down. Not one or the other but both.

• 25 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Lilo

You said it better than I

• 26 hibbitonthewing // May 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Repost (trying to keep up with Ed)
    Beattie25.
    You do talk some trollish noise at times but more often than not cause me to hesitate(and smile) before I (rarely) post.
    But ‘cacafuego’ in a football blog has my utter admiration.
    My new favourite word.
    Awesome.

Meanwhile a point of view.
    Ernest writes well and from the heart but I fear has just gone too far with blinkers on.
    As I’ve previously posted I’m of the sceptic turned supporter turned head-in hands brigade re Pardew.

Ashleigh – think he’s delivered on expectations from day one: Made some godawful decisions that have no place in football or SJP. Learned from them(ish) and put some faith in other ‘experts’ to do their job properly whilst he re-appraises his investment. Take it or leave it – it’s called being an owner.

Pardew? He can’t execute against his objectives. So he should go. Take the emotion out.

The players? Showing themselves for what most players are – a set of salaried pros who need direction, pressure and orientation to reach elite levels. Check out Dave Brailsford Sky Sports cycling as a pretty good example of what can be achieved.

Us? Hope against hope we get the right results till the season ends.

Then get a group of people(coaches) to ignite the spark behind this team that really could be seriously competitive. The analogy has been used before but the ingredients are there. They’re unfortunately currently being massacred by at least one greasy spoon chef.

• 27 Lilongwe Geordie // May 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Jail,
    Pardew could have been backed better, there is no doubt in that. Where the blame lies for that, be it Ashley refusing, Llambias and Charnley being their charming selves and putting everyone’s back up, Pardew and Beardsley honestly believing that the young lads were good enough to step in when needed. Who knows, I know where your thoughts are on that matter, for me, it is a bit of each.

What I also think is clear though, given the talent that we do have, we should not be in this position, and a better manager would have us higher up in the league. Particularly given the new lads in January. Yes, they wouldn’t settle in immediately, but they showed enough initially to suggest they could get us out of this mess. Now they just look hopelessly confused.

Nobody at the club is innocent in this debacle of a season, and all must take some portion of the blame. unless we come up with a sizeable amount of cash, we can’t oust Ashley, we can however get shot of Pardew and try again next year. Time will tell whether Ashley/Llambias/Charnley have realised their mistakes.

• 28 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Who is spellcheck?

Ha ha. That was hilarious.

It is either an intentionally funny post filled with irony as one man makes satire of the post modern trend regarding online social mediums or he is thick as fcuk.

Either way bravo!

• 29 chris_g // May 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM

santonthenewmaldini // May 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM says:
    “Its a good development ground before players move to the Championship and we should be setting something up with St Mirren so they take our youngsters every season…”

Interesting that you mentioned that – I noticed this item on nufc.com (who are usually pretty reliable) so it looks like the wheels are already in motion:

“Contract claims
    ….
    PS: Buddies assistant boss Tommy Craig was among the crowd at Friday night’s Newcastle reserve game, where it’s believed he was assessing possible loan targets for next season among the home ranks.”

• 30 davis_toons // May 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Mourinho, Andre Villas-Boas and a considerably less bald Steve Clarke.

• 31 davis_toons // May 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Didnt know that ABV was a former scout. Must have known lots of players then..

• 32 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM

hibbitonthewing

Thanks. I hope one day I can real in my anger and try to be funny more often.

I am bipolar when it comes to NUFC. One day this blog will be a good place to be I think.

Regarding your post I agree entirely with it’s contents. We have the foundations to do something spectacular, we have for years, but nobody seems to be able to get the right mix.

I still think one day we’ll be title challengers. I think it is near if we can add the right manager and build momentum for the next few seasons.

We could be the next Twente, Montpellier, Lille, Dortmund, Napoli, Athletico Mardrid etc…

That’s why I don’t understand people who think Pardew is good. I suppose it comes down to those who accept mid-table and those who will never accept less than top 6.

Part of me wants to say ‘Ashley wants to make us a mid table club so he can make easy money’ and part of me wants to believe he wants more.

To be honest I still sway towards the easy money mentality.

• 33 davis_toons // May 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM

On QPR

We got a better defensive force then QPR.
    We need to score.

QPR weakness is Defence….expect for least weekend they did ok. Hill kinda on form. Other than that he was always another weak link as well.

• 34 Cisse's Big Toe // May 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM

worst case scenario we go down, team for next season?

elliot
    tav taylor willo ferguson
    obertan gosling perch sammy
    shola campbell

futures bright ;)

• 35 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Has anyone seen Stephen Mbia on twitter?

He’s asking Joey Barton to swap clubs again so he can go back to Marsaille. QPR fans are going mad.

Ha ha. Hope their dressing room is as divided as our.

• 36 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

CBT

I really think that team would struggle in the Championship.

• 37 hibbitonthewing // May 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Beattie25
    It’s a magnetic place to sway to.

But..

my hope is that like many successful retailers – see Phillip Green, Terry Leahy .. even Gerald Ratner – who just got his PR spectacularly wrong – their ultimate desire is to drive as much footfall through their tills as possible.
    I think the goals of NUFC fans who want what you (and I think most of us) do and Ashleigh are actually surprisingly aligned. The upside is that Ashleigh has no emotional blinkers on to just wish for a new Keegan era (which by the way I adored at the time).
    It’s just we have a few barriers to success:
    Pardew.
    Possibly the rest of the coaching staff.
    Potential relegation.
    B..gger.

• 38 northernirishtoon // May 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I am starting to get the feeling that Ashley will keep pards on no matter what happens

I think we are all building ourselves up to be massively let down in the summer

Ashley is a stubborn man. After having the word ‘stability’ rammed down our throats all year long, who actually thinks he will do what’s necessary and eat a big slice of humble pie whilst doing it. Not me

We can only hope the he realises that stability can only be achieved with the right personnel and that pards is not the man for the job

• 39 Lilongwe Geordie // May 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM

CBT,
    I take it you doubt we will sign anyone? Haidara won’t be going anywhere, so you can put him left back, move Fergie forward as Sammy has proved at Boro he struggles at Championship level.

Inman is likely to start and Vukic would play the number 10 behind Campbell.

That team would still struggle, though. I think it unlikely that we wouldn’t bring a few in though.

• 40 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM

It seems to me for Ashley to succeed he needs a no man as much as a yes man.

He needs a man with footballing knowledge who isn’t blinkered by the Geordie passion who had the balls to tell him ‘no, you shouldn’t do that’ and has the guts to tell him whats best for NUFC and in turn the business he runs.

Having a casino boss as a MD of football is a disaster. Having a second rate manager in charge of a top notch team is a disaster.

He needs someone to tell him to get of both these idiots, mates or no mates, and to hire people who can bring the best out of the club.

If he did that I doubt anyone would hate him as much and he would find his business would make more money and generate bigger incomes.

• 41 santonthenewmaldini // May 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM

chris_G

Aye Tommy Craig used to be a coach here ages ago think it might have been when Hughton was kicking about?

St Mirren do play decent football they have given Celtic a run for their money in every game I have seen them play this season plus they are quite a good family friendly club so they would keep our youngsters on the straight and narrow these days

But all this youngster development is all fine and well but if you have a chancer like Pardew in charge who plays youngsters out of position when they get a chance its not going to work

• 42 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM

northerirsih

I think that stability and the 8 year deals were by-products of Llambias.

I think he advised Ashley to give Pards the deall and that it is he rather than Mike that has rammed it down our throats.

I agree though I don’t think Pardew will be sacked, not whilst Llmabias is there to protect him.

Sacking Pardew would be an admittance than Del Boy has fcuked up. So he will do his level best to be proven right,

If Ashley is as clever as people say he will fire them both.

Wouldn’t that be the best morning ever if we stayed up and then them 2 were gone.

• 43 Lilongwe Geordie // May 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM

NorthenrIrish,
    Yes he is stubborn, but he is also a ruthless business man, and this year one of his businesses has failed dramatically. That is why I think Pardew will go. He will want to root out the problem, while some will point to him being partly to blame, a large portion lies firmly at Pardews office door.

Hibbit,
    I agree, Ashley has different reasons for a successful Newcastle, but I feel that is his aim. He isn’t going to chase success wildly, but that will be his aim. Through NUFC success his sports direct marketing gets a wider international audience, allowing further global expansion. Without NUFC playing top flight and regular European football, the benefits of his advertising are diminished. That is where he will make money through the club, not the club itself.

• 44 Cisse's Big Toe // May 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM

my impression of ashley hinges massively on whether pardew stays or goes. support pardew for the next two games to keep us up, we need to all get behind the team.

but i really do think if we are told he is staying next season we need to lodge some kind of formal peaceful protest to big mike

• 45 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM

CBT

I’d go for that.

• 46 Spellcheck // May 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I love a slice of irony whilst watchin the snooker & readin blog noncho Beattie spout his Shite. Each 2there own tho.

• 47 Cisse's Big Toe // May 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM

would like to see inman given a chance next season, hes really progressed this year. would be ironic if he was the linking attacking midfielder we so desperately need

• 48 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM

CBT

I wouldn’t even wait until he has backing.

After the Arsenal game we should do a peaceful protest to urge the removal off Puppet and Dekker.

If we get relegated that peaceful protest turns into a violent one. Sorted.

• 49 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Spellcheck

Who is winning the snooker?

• 50 Cisse's Big Toe // May 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Beattie, sounds like a plan, and it was 14 10 to ROS last i saw, now about to be 15-10

• 51 Spellcheck // May 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Ronnie 15 – 10,with great ease i may add!!

• 52 Cisse's Big Toe // May 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM

oops i didnt realise spellchecker was a poster and that was a direct question, how rude of me

• 53 Thump // May 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Beattie @ 1

*slow clap*

• 54 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM

yo-yo

IMO

i think this whole senario we are in right now is down to many things,

mike has had his part to play in this too, he has a great business idea , but he has the wrong ppl implementing it, he wants the Arsenal model, where venger is making the club millions, and again , i have no real problem with that
    instead ov wenger, we have clueless pardew and this is why it has all fell apart

the writing was on the wall when he let carrol go for a great fee, he didnt put a fight to keep him, in fact that was the last time i really seen the fans do anything

that summer came, barton and nolan where next out the door, but for me where replaced by quality players,

this is where i started to be impressed with what ashley was doing with the club, we bought one dud player, for the life of me , i still can not see why we bought obertan

obertan is where i started to question pardew, week after week, we played with inafective wingers, i could not see why obertan was included in the match day team, jonas helped talyor out but obertan didnt do his job at all, and i got pelters for saying so,
    you could see obertan getting worse week after week, but pardew sent him out week after week, you had HBA coming out in the press saying he was ready, for pardew only to say he wasnt, there was no control

yet week after week we GROUND OUT results, the football was crap, and that is being poilte,

i watched cabaye and thought wow what a player, only to watch him start playing further back until he was siting right beside tiote

the whole of last season, i sat watching matches and thinking how did we win that, in lots of matches,

cisse came in, ba got shifted to the left, and we carried him for the rest of the season, it was all about cabaye who had been moved further up again, cisse who cloud close his eyes and shoot and score from anywhere and beny, game we won were down to bits of magic from one of these, not team performances

a few of us said as much only to be mocked, look at the table, your mad, you dont know football, your a sunderland fan

then this season kicked off, we hadnt lost anyone, which was good added anita, who while i think is a goo player, i would have prefered a CB, but overall i have to say i wasnt upset to much

then we started to play, omg, we were even worse than before,,
    yet fans by the hundreds come on her to protect pardew, its not his fault,
    its DL
    its MA
    its europe
    its Injuries
    honestly , fans were using any excuse they could to try and protect pardew
    facts were coming out that we played more long balls than any other team, but pardew was saying we never got our passing game going today,
    pardew took us on 23 MATCH run without winning a game,
    fans would say its ok,, give him until the end of the season,
    he needs more players,
    a few of us just got pelters for saying its nothing to do with who he hasnt got,
    its more to do with what he isnt doing with who he has got,
    our players can not pass to each other,
    our players dont create chances yet its cisses fault

fans only sat up and took notice when sunderland beat us, then we got hammerd by liverpool

why???

lee ryder
    ed
    printing stuff as if all is ok,,

we should have been getting together to get pardew out,
    then DL
    im sure if my life was a missery going into work everyday, im sure i would quit

i realy think a lot of fans should take a hard look in the mirror, and accept there part in us going into the championship,
    its sad to think they went to the match and shouted his name like he is some kind of hero,, when did he get this status?

i support the club
    i like the players
    the manager comes third,
    he is always the one that carries the can,

yet fans have let him turn the situation around, he is god

• 55 elpaso_geordie // May 6, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Keep them both hopefully as they can both start next year in the championship.
    Elliot
    Tavernier Taylor Williamson/streets Dummett
    Sammy Newton Inman Ferguson
    Shola Campbell

Not sure how good this would be but id like to see the team play, all academy lads apart from Williamson n Elliott and we have Jak Alnwick who meant to have potential.
    Bit of local pride in this team at least

• 56 elpaso_geordie // May 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM

If we go down Uwe Rosler is a good shout for me…..
    Has done a great job at Brentford as they were really struggling before he went there and they have no money to spend.
    He is german and look at the German sides now – personally I think he will be well advanced in training methods and have a formula about how to play the game.( would be nice to be able to tell how we are trying to win a game again) + Fitness wise I don’t think there are any fitter players than the germans

• 57 BandB // May 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Beattie,

Jail has been talking a bit recently about the Keegan court case. I have a friend who was VERY close to all that. Maybe that person will write a book one day. Ashley believed that all he needed to do to win that case was strong-arm a few people and conduct himself with all the charm and honesty of Heather Mills on a bad day. The court’s verdict would have destroyed better men. What he sees in Pardew is a creature cut from the same cloth. Arrogant, bullying, sneering, superior, slippery and convinced that if they take themselves at their own estimation they will be kings of the dunghill. You would have no time for anyone like that. Would you?

• 58 boater // May 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Tomorrow night’s league clash is the biggest game of our season. We don’t have a win in our armoury, and are reduced to the hope that a comfortable, mid-table Swansea side can somehow rouse themselves in a midweek kick around on our behalf. Diabolical.

• 59 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // May 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM

did we lose to derby county that went down with 11 points. surely can’t happen again.

• 60 Thump // May 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Had a load written up and then hit back.

Bollocks.

• 61 northernirishtoon // May 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Catchy

You can’t say he didn’t put in a fight to keep Carroll. He turned down 30million

• 62 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM

BandB

There are a few differences between Ashley, Pardew and myself.

The first being that I am not successful in life despite all my obvious faults and secondly I never hod court with horrible people.

In real life I am a placid, humble and quiet man it is only in this environment do I become so self aware.

I wish we could say that Ashley and Pardew are just creations of their habitat but I feel that they are both shits in real life too.

• 63 BandB // May 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Solano

Thanks for the shout out. Very generous of you.

• 64 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Thump

I hate when that happens

• 65 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // May 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Beattie 25 is a Nice guy. So back of Ms

• 66 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Indian

I still love you

• 67 BandB // May 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Beattie,

I feel your outrage homey, I really do. This format suits me too. Though the pay ain’t so good. I’d love to sit down with you and a few others and tell some hair-raising tales of what you never get to hear. You’d wipe your feet leaving the town, and never look back.

• 68 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // May 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I love everyone!

• 69 BandB // May 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Indian

Back off what?
    You seem to have taken a cap I didn’t knit for Beattie, and rammed it firmly over his eyes.
    Mrs is fine.

• 70 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 5:51 PM

BandB

Are you not coming to the annual nufcblog awards? We could have a chat then.

• 71 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // May 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Mrs B

pardon me, but beattie is a nice guy.

• 72 BandB // May 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Beats,

I wish there was one. I bet it would be the most mild-mannered affair imaginable. I’d love to come. Except I’d have to bite my lip and clap while you won.

• 73 BandB // May 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Indian,

Who’s saying he isn’t?

• 74 Marty-Toon // May 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Lads of people wanted Solskjaer in as manager lol
    Didn’t see how Molde got on at the weekend but they had 1 point from the first 6 games before the weekend.
    They are the best backed team money wise in Tippeligaen.
    It’s not like they sold their best players last season after a great year.
    They sold a CB to Southampton but he hasn’t got them playing any good at all now.
    He’s not ready for the PL if he can’t make it continuously in the little league over here

• 75 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM

BandB

And I would have to show great humility after winning my 5th award of the night.

• 76 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Just announced on Total Sport that ex player Steve Carney has sadly passed away

• 77 lesh // May 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Beattie, was your post @ 1 an open letter to Pardew?

• 78 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM

northernirishtoon

for me this is all hear say, i think he would have snaped there hands off, 30 mil for an unproven player

i dont think he has anything to do with any transfers in or out of the club

• 79 lesh // May 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Beattie again

If Ashley is as clever as people say he will fire them both.

Agreed!

• 80 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // May 6, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Beattie

That would be a change after last 2 years.

• 81 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // May 6, 2013 at 6:06 PM

So who r we supporting tonite?

• 82 Cisse's Big Toe // May 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

done the predictor with realistic results, worst case scenario us losing both, with the addition of wigan winning all remaining games just to see what the battle is like with the rest of the bottom.

i have us relegated by a GD of 1 from norwich with 4 pts separating 12th from 18th. man this years a be tight

• 83 Cisse's Big Toe // May 6, 2013 at 6:09 PM

i think stoke are safe on 40 so id like them to get 3 pts

• 84 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 6:09 PM

lesh

When I’m debating I just imagine that person is Pardew so yes in a way, it was aimed at him.

• 85 Cisse's Big Toe // May 6, 2013 at 6:14 PM

its between us norwich and sunderland for the drop i feel. it shows just how pivotal those matches against wigan and sunderland were.

won those and we would be cruising right now, in 9th no less, which we all would have taken as a relatively successful season given all thats happened

now i have been one of the biggest backers for pardew to be sacked, but results wise (ignoring performance) maybe it was oh so close to being completely different with pardew hailed as a decent manager

you just have to take decisions we have had againt us this season, together with injuries to see how unlucky we have been. our luck has levelled over two seasons

• 86 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Cisse’s Big Toe

if you watch football on a peice of paper and only look at tables, then yes
    it may have been classed by some as ok

• 87 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // May 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM

A former NUFC player passed away. Surely pardew cannot use that an excuse

• 88 Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter) // May 6, 2013 at 6:25 PM

* as an excuse

• 89 scout // May 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM

The main problem seems to be we have 1 striker, its shocking really and if we go down that is why. Theres no goals in the team, we play qpr next there bottom with 25 points and favourites to win the game. What the hell happened, im so angry its eating me away

• 90 israeli_fan // May 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM

i dont want to sound negative but the bookies are way more optimtic than me on our chances to avoid relegation ..

theres no way we will win at qpr as we won once away all season, and arsenal at home im pretty sure we will lose as this game gonna be huge for them, so if norwich will get a point at home against wba (likely), so i can see us going down.. according to the bookies we are 6/1.. if i wasnt a supporter i would bet 100$ on this

• 91 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Ok,
    regardless of whose to blame for our demise this season I think it’s pretty much certain the vast majority of us want rid of Pards,who would you like to replace him from the list of unemployed former LMA award winners,I don’t fancy Curbishley the choice is limited btw.

• 92 Graeme // May 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Indian Mag

Pardew doesn’t need an excuse

HE IS an excuse!!!!

• 93 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 6:33 PM

scout

Worse than that is the fact we have played with one striker all season despite having 2.

Ba was main striker until Jan with Cisse playing RW (this still makes my blood boil) and now Cisse is CF with Gouffran playing LW (despite being a CF himself).

Pardew!!!

• 94 israeli_fan // May 6, 2013 at 6:34 PM

i still dont understand why AP doesnt play 4-3-3 on a regular basis.. forget last year, even this term on the limited occasions we played 4-3-3 we played pretty good.

and to be honest jonas is a good central midfielder in this system

• 95 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Cisses big toe,
    After we finished fifth and Spurs finished fourth last year the fact that they might still finish third would have me thinking 9th was a tragedy,just shows Pardews propaganda speeches aren’t given in vain.

• 96 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM

JFA

JFK

• 97 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Beattie ,
    It’s a mess no matter whose to blame pal,criminal absolutely criminal.

• 98 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

JFA

True. Many thought Spuds would struggle because the sold Modric. We were led to believe we had a better transfer window than them.

Ha ha ha

• 99 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Beattie ,
    Get him some beta blockers and I’d have him over Curbishley all day long.

• 100 Beattie25 // May 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM

JFA

Is Joe Kinnear was still here no way would we be relegated.

• 101 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 6:58 PM

catchy,
    where was this 23 match winless run your on about.

• 102 northernirishtoon // May 6, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Cbt

I don’t think 2 wins is the difference between a good and bad season.

Over the course of the whole season we have been absolutely awful and it’s hard to think that two wins would actually leave us in 9th place.

Jesus, imagine we had played anywhere near our potential, or even attacked teams on a regular basis. Where could we have finished?

Instead we are acing the very realistic prospect of playing championship football next season

Oh my word!!!!! Where did it all go wrong?

• 103 scout // May 6, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Alright Beattie mate, the bloke is a clown, im starting to think he wants them to go. West ham werent even bothered, the games are running out and the trapdoor gets closer. Im praying Swansea beat wigan tomorrow night. Ive been ticking all day about our current plight, wonder what fergie and wenger think about it.

• 104 ToonDownSouth // May 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM

catchy

When on earth did we go 23 games without winning…..??????/

• 105 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Myself and WW… were having a conversation one night about how,if everything is so bad behind the scenes then how come Debuchy and Sissoko signed,well maybe with all this relegated clause and so on,maybe they’ve took a lesser wage but with an amazing get out clause so really don’t give a fusk what happens to us.

• 106 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM

TDS,
    I think catchy prayed to Odin that we would lose 23 in a row and as he makes his own home brew now believes that happened.

• 107 scout // May 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Or maybe dubuchy is no better than simpson and sissoko is actually worth 1.8 million and not yaya toures clone as some on here believe

• 108 BandB // May 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM

With regard to the discussion on what to do next, and whether we are all full of wind and pee.
    My family decided that Wonga was the last straw. We won’t sit in a ground while Mr Ashley sits and thinks. “I’ve torn down your heroes. I’ve given you The Sports Direct Arena. I’ve given you Pardew. Yet you still turn up and cheer, you ignorant Norven peasants.”
    You couldn’t slip a beermat between the London-based Talk Radio talking points on Newcastle, that we are a backward little club in the sticks with deluded fans, and that espoused by the people who run our club.
    To my family, Wonga was a calculated insult from a guy who believes that he and his fellow beneficiaries of rip-off Britain are untouchable.
    Assuming that I will pay to watch the kind of football Mr Ashley deems is quite good enough for the likes of me is a very particular kind of contempt
    I won’t be protesting outside the ground though. If a police horse were to trample me, I’d imagine a chuckling Mr Ashley pressing the replay button over and over again.

• 109 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Jeezus H Christ,
    Can you imagine the fall out if it was exposed that some mysterious sarf larndan geezer had 10 M on us to go down at 16s.

• 110 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Just imagine what a Wenger could do with

Ben Arfa
    Cabaye
    M’Biwa
    Debuchy
    Sissoko

It’s criminal Pardew being allowed to manage quality like that. What the hell is Ashley playing at?

• 111 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Band B,
    If we go down I will definitely stay away and those who say you’re only hurting the team,what foes it matter anymore.

• 112 scout // May 6, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Ill never buy a shirt with that sponsor on it making millions from people in the s**t its criminal.

• 113 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM

scout

debuchy and sissoko looked great before they were pardewed and would again under a proper manager, not a ”it’s all about me” preening narcissist.

• 114 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM

agree about wonga though. Kind of sums up a beer swilling ashley and a grubby Llambias. Virgin was too good for them

• 115 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I said this a long time ago that boycotting was the only way to beat ashley and I got shouted down on all sides. Short term pain for long term gain.

• 116 scout // May 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Must admit sissoko looked superb against chelsea when he notched the 2, he looks uninterested now mind

• 117 lesh // May 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Beattie, if your posts are sort of open letters to Pardew, which of his egos are you writing to? He seems to have a deluded one and one where the players are ‘him’ , well disciplined and on the front foot. But when results go against us, well there’s always an excuse – never his selection or tactics.

However, at the light fades on a terrible season, we’ve got to get behind the lads and show them it’s they we support!

• 118 northernirishtoon // May 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Gary Neville made a good point on mnd there that ‘Wigan will never die wondering’

If only we applied the same mentality?

• 119 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Jail

catchy may not be 100% factually accurate but you get the idea. he’s hardly far off is he.

With us Pardew did manage to equal his record losing streak at west ham. that’s some going at 2 different clubs

• 120 p // May 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM

can’t wait for the next fortnight to be out the way, put everyone out of their misery (at least until August)

• 121 scout // May 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM

If the players follow orders we are down. Time for a hero to step forward

• 122 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM

scout

so would you be if you were a box to box player played as a right winger!!!!

• 123 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Rotonda,
    I said it too and got almost hounded off the blog, I like going to the games as I have done for years but if we go down or even stay up and an amount in line with the 20th richest club in the world isn’t spent on players I’m staying away.

• 124 scout // May 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Your kicking a ball about mate against some bang average teams. If he had anything about him he would put a shift in. Did he sign a contract saying he can only play one position on the pitch?

• 125 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 7:50 PM

scout

there would be no goals in any team who play 3 x DMs at home and stick 10 men in their own half for long periods.

A lot of teams play 1 striker but get support to him. We don’t.

• 126 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Rotonda heights

why is it that only some can see this, yet MOST dont

• 127 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Rotonda,
    I am not speaking out of turn here as catchy will read this and slag me later but the guy is a fuskin idiot an illiterate fool who thinks that by being relegated it will do us a favour and that a large part of our demise is certain fans ( who have never had the privellige of attending SJP) have contributed to that, also Mike Ashley deserves a pat on the back for giving us our stadiums name back.

• 128 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM

trouble is you could buy Pardew Barca and he’d f..k it up.
    Not first season maybe, but definitely second!!!

• 129 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM

jail

out of all that,, you pick up on one thing,

very sad, i counted something wrong, and its the only thing that matter to you

yeh you love the club,, i can tell

• 130 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Look, heres the village idiot now !

• 131 scout // May 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Who will get goals from our midfield apart from cabaye? Ben arfa just runs with the ball until he loses it and obertan would run out the gate if you left it open. No wingers and 1 striker we are easier to read than the beeno.

• 132 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 7:57 PM

scout @131

Nearly fell off my seat then. lol!!!

• 133 manxpie // May 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM

how long was this record winless streak then it certainly ain’t anywhere near 23 games like!?

• 134 p // May 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I took my littl’n to football practice the other day and noticed that the coaches’ footballs had the initials AP on them.

That sent a shiver down my spine.

However, fortunately this guys footballing philosophy is nowt like Pard’s

• 135 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Band B,
    I am forever the cynic where Mike Ashley is concerned, do you think it’s entirely possible that he would tear up a contract with Virgin to replace it with the same financial deal with an irreputable loan company just to rub our noses in it.

• 136 scout // May 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Roto lol
    Its true mate, dunno howcold you are but i remember a winger called stephen glass , he was no worldbeater but knew his job

• 137 yo-yo // May 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM

CAtchy

So you’re proposing some kind of boycott ?
    The renamiong of SJP caused a lot of folk to think about a demo, but I don’t think anything came off in practice.
    If you followed BandB you’d simply vote with your feet and stay away from the ground, and/or any merchandising – but how would you get that to be a protest movement rather than a one off ?

• 138 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Jail for Ashley

i been to plenty of matches, home and away
    been to hundreds of reserve games to

i dont think it will do us any favor to be relegated and have never ever said that

you have turned what i said about losing a few games into me wanting relegated to suit your argument,, so in reality your the idiot,

i think a very large part of this is the fans fault, you all sat there cheering him like a god,

pardew pardew pardew,, jumps in the crowd,, and you all love him,,
    you have a beef with ashley, yet you go and watch the match??

i really dont understand why you go, does ashley train them ?? your a complete tool

• 139 BandB // May 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Jail,

Reading you got me posting on here. And a HUGE impact I’ve had :)
    Catchy sometimes gets on my tits too. And that’s quite a bit more, tit-wise.
    Catchy is the anti-Ibiza, without the calculating, smiley talent to claim the middle-ground, while being an out-and-out partisan.
    Catchy doesn’t really believe going down is a price worth paying.
    Ibiza does.
    He talks some shite. So do you. I admire your passion. Both of you.

• 140 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Jail

Getting relegated to get rid of Pardew is a step too far for me but maybe Catchy was taken out of context a bit.

It’s starting to hit me that when I can’t get to games there won’t even be live streams to watch any more!!! If Pardew is still here maybe that’s not such a bad thing!!

• 141 northernirishtoon // May 6, 2013 at 8:08 PM

1-0 stoke

Get fcuking in

• 142 manxpie // May 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM

yesss stoke 1 up wish sunderland had played every monday!

• 143 roshan MAGPIE // May 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM

yes stoke

• 144 archaeomag // May 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Jonathan Walters – nice one – made by Charlie Adams

• 145 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM

BandB

Your female perspective on all things NUFC is very refreshing and yes most of us are guilty of talking c..p at times! But as you say it’s only because we care. Maybe too much!

• 146 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM

yo-yo

i can honestly say

i have not bought a single shirt while ashley has been in charge

and yes, i think something would be done about if ppl didnt turn up for a match,,

trouble is , to many chickens, all love to moan, but wont do a thing,

ppl turn up to watch what? are you a hero cos you can sit through 90 mins of pure bordom ?

• 147 LeToonARMY // May 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM

COME ON STOCK

• 148 Big Pappa Cissé // May 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I have given up supporting Pardews teams. I find myself cheering on the sides that play Wigan,Sunderland & Norwich because I am never confident of wins these days :(

• 149 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Band B,
    You are not wrong , I have admitted to talking the most shite on here tbh.

• 150 yo-yo // May 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Its at times like these I do wish we had the German 50% + 1 model of club ownership – with real care to keep the local identity of clubs and also not price normal people out of going to games – £10-15 would really help. Barca is some kind of Catalonian anarchist collective too I think – but they pretty much invented it.
    I don’t think the NUST group have got very far with communal ownership so there can’t be that much support for it.

The debate earlier about keeping a core of players who have bought into the club identity is more difficult to achieve without a rock solid local development and scouting network… Shearer @ Southampton suggests its a very longstanding problem – and even KK got that one hopelessly wrong.

• 151 Schwefelberg // May 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Jail

That is exactly it with Wronga. Hyenas hunt in packs. They see the people in old industrial regions as gullible Untermensch to be ruthlessly ripped and expolited and it is their own fool fault.

• 152 roshan MAGPIE // May 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

lads how much is the goal difference between us and the mackem s

• 153 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

BandB

your a gurly lol

well i never

• 154 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 8:14 PM

BPC,
    I’ve always supported Stoke and Wigan ‘n that.

• 155 yo-yo // May 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM

roshan

Mackems -13
    Toon -23

• 156 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Schwelfberg,
    Untermenschs, now that’s a curious word.

• 157 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM

sunderland have 10 goals on us

• 158 Big Pappa Cissé // May 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM

QPR away is looking like the biggest game in a long time

• 159 catchy in norway // May 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM

yo yo

do you think my coment 54 is wrong

• 160 yo-yo // May 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Scwefelberg

Untenmensch – wow you into Nietzsche ?

That’s better than Beattie’s forays into online dictionaries :)

• 161 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM

yo yo

I think it’s a great idea in theory but there is just too much apathy here sadly.

• 162 BandB // May 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Jail,

I don’t really don’t know what happened over the Virgin contract. I was closer to it all personally when SBR was in charge. I knew SBR.

But I got did get a Watergate-style account of how Keegan took Ashley to the cleaners.

Ashley isn’t a genius. He’s a thug, with money.

My last beer-

• 163 Zero // May 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Seems to be a rough game for the Scum, could easily get some players injuried or sent off at this rate

• 164 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Yo yo,
    I havent bought the magazine 4-4-2 for awhile, , Ive heard about all these different ideas they have in Gormany, how do they attract top players though if they cant afford top wages, unless of course there’s a lot more in this football malarky than the likes of Mike Ashley are letting on.

• 165 Schwefelberg // May 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Jail

Here is another one for you:
    Ashley and Llambias are Kulaks.

• 166 NUFC_LEAZES END // May 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM

they’ve got empty pink seats, everywhere
    they’ve got empty pink seats, everywhere
    they’ve got empty pink seats, everywhere
    sunderland fans are feeble

• 167 Spotlight Kid // May 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM

JJ Rousseau (18th century Genevan philosopher and all round polymath) once said ‘Slaves lose everything in their chains, even the desire to be free of them.’

For well over 40 years this club’s supporters have subsisted on a diet of hope, failure, big name signings, disappointment, promised big names, failure, more promises, occasional minor triumphs (like winning promotion or losing finals), new owners, more promises…

And now in local folklore the eternal ‘chicken and egg’ conundrum has been replaced by the ‘Ashley and Pardew’ conundrum. Is it Ashleys’s fault for appointing and maintaining such ineptitude – or is it simply Pardew’s fault for being inept…?

Or are we all missing something, because as long as Ashley is here there will another Pardew. And as long is there’s another Pardew this whole cycle of failure will keep repeating and fans will chew each other to bits on blogs in the utter frustration of it all. They have forgotten how to do anything else.

Must say Sunderland look toothless this evening so far….

previous post: Yohan Cabaye – I Want To Stay In The Premier League