Newcastle-Born Youngsters In Big Demand – May Leave Magpies

Good news today about two of our 21 year-olds, who have been on loan at St. Mirren, and it’s that both Conor Newton and Paul Dummett have been offered new contracts by Newcastle United.

St Mirren's Conor Newton and Paul Dummett celebrate

Conor Newton and Paul Dummett after winning the Scottish League Cup
They both look good in black and white stripes!

But the youngsters could still think their futures lie outside of Newcastle and St. Mirren, Bolton Wanderers, Huddersfield Town and Doncaster Rovers are all said to be interested in the players.

Both have done very well north of the border, and were in the St. Mirren Scottish Communities League Cup winning side that beat Hearts 3-2 earlier in the season.

It looks like they may stay at St. Mirrren and if that’s the case it seems like Newcastle would not demand any fee from the Scottish Premier League side.

Their agent is Spencer Downey, and this is what he said today:

There is still an agreement to be reached on matters like the lengths of the contracts, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.” “Nothing has been decided yet and there is interest from other clubs.”

“But Newcastle have been impressed by the way Conor and Paul have been treated during their time in Scotland and have agreed that, if they do sign for Saints permanently, they will not ask for the compensation fee they are entitled to.”

“Instead, they will just ask for a sell-on clause to be inserted in their contracts that will see them take a share of any future profit.”

This is what Conor had to say today, as he ponders which move to make:

“I haven’t accepted the deal from Newcastle yet, we’re still talking, but I know that other clubs have been on to my agent.” “I owe a lot to St Mirren. It’s been a great season for me, but nothing has been put down on paper about a permanent move here.”

“But it would be an option I’d consider as I’ve loved my time up here.” “It’s still early for me. I would like to test myself down south at some point in my career, but I’ve only been playing first-team football for the past four months, so I’m not naive enough to think I’m just going to walk into the side at Newcastle.”

“So the next few months are crucial for my development.” “But I would love to make it at Newcastle and get a chance to play in those black and white stripes.” “It’s what every lad from the city dreams of. Right now, though, I will just bide my time.”

Here’s an example of two of our younger players who have come on a ton playing regular first team football, and it’s an example that could be followed by other youngsters who cannot yet get into the Newcastle first team.

Better to play every week at another club, and then they can always come back and see how things are at Newcastle, when they are better and more experienced players.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Re post:

Ernest

You profess some intellect but your intelligence is a creation of your own imagination.

You sir have a case of self delusion. You own perceived grandeur is polluting your imbecilic words and your opinion is falling deaf on open ears.

You’re resorting to Machiavellian tactics to avoid the embarrassment of being wrong and that is the shallowest form of intelligence.

I wish you would pipe down and submit your misgivings but you shall continue on trying to manipulate history and twist the words of others to try and fight this battle in what is a winless war.

Why don’t you go off to old trafford to support the club you hold in such high regard? You’d be better suited there with the rest of the prawn sandwich brigade.

You talk of players like they make the history of the club. Does having Bobby Moore at West Ham make them massive? New York Cosmos had Pele once. Napoli had Maradona. The list goes on of major superstatrs pplaying for clubs with solid historis but are not considered major forces in world football.

At times pre Ferguson Man Utd could be considered a major club, but they could also be considered a small one. Dennis Law back heel to relegate them. ‘springs to mind’.

You are a man caught in his own hype. An aspiring journalist perhaps? Someone who dreams of creating his own blog? A writer of the future?

You can learn all the words you want to, you can be taught how letters create sentences and how to correctly put them together in order to form cohesive points in the beauty of the English language.

One thing you can never be taught is how to win an argument. If you try to start it you best be confident you can win it.

Man Utd before Ferguson were a big club but they were not above average in terms of heritage and history here in the UK.

You cannot argue that point by throwing names into the mix you spouter of buncombe, you huge cacafuego, you sycophantic piece of shit.

• Jail for Ashley

May 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Getting his head stuck in Derek’s giant cat flap after losing his keys is too good for Ashley .

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM

So chalk that down as another win for the Beatrice.

I have a better record than Floyd Mayweather.

53-0.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM

They have come on for going on loan and playing first team football. What a shame the powers that be wouldn’t let Conor go out on loan 3 years ago to league 1 when we were in the championship and he had several offers. Who knows what level he could be at now.

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Sign them up, get them out on loan to a better league than the SPL and see if they can cut it.

Same for most of our U21’s.

They need Championship/PL experience for an entire season. No good letting them waste away in the U21 league.

Sammy, Fergie, Inman, Abied, Good, Newton, Vuckic, Dummit etc.. all need to go out on loan for a full season.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Beattie,
    They all needed to go out a few years ago. They may get to stay here and play for a championship side if we aren’t careful”

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Lilo

That is true.

By the way my respect for you has gone up 10 fold.

Not many people are insulted by me when I am fury mode and can put it to one side and still be polite.

Respect to you and I apologise for an harsh words.

• DokToon

May 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

gmorning all…

just got caught up reading all the posts… would it be an acceptable statemen to say it was a good thing we got a point on the road, even tho wigan got all three?

• Spellcheck

May 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Beatrice,if i was in opposite corner 2u i would take great priv

• Spellcheck

May 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

OOPS!! Great privilege 2 knock you on your egotistical arse!!!!! With ease i have no doubt u prick!

• solano

May 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM

We need these young’uns because they have vital lower League experience – exactly what we need after the French exodus when we’re in the Championship.. What a plan!

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Beattie,

No worries, I think everyone’s tensions can run high, that is why I tend to avoid this place on match days, as I can see my self insulting a few people, as I have done on numerous occasions in post match pub debates/games in the past!

The club has done a disservice to a number of youngsters in the past by refusing to allow them to go out on loan, with their reasoning being the coaching is of a better standard. Even if that were true, nothing replaces actual match time. I ‘m sure others will have been refused loan time in the past, I know Conor was as I had done about 15 reports on the lad in our reserves and under 18s for a number of clubs who were interested. To my knowledge 3 approached the club and they said no.

My worry is the same happens to the next crop, Campbell, Satko, Streete, Mbabu, Alnwick, and in the following years Gillihead and Armstrong. They need to be out on loan at 18 to a club that plays the game the right way. A link up with Crewe, or a club with a similar focus on good football and development, would be ideal for the future development.

• Rotonda heights

May 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Lilo

ironic if they go out on loan to a club that plays the right way then come back for Pardew’s defensive hoof ball!

• santonthenewmaldini

May 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Its just a shame that we totally stunted these boys development if they had went to somewhere like St Mirren when they were 18 and then the Championship till they were about 21 they would most likely be ready to have a go in the 1st team next season people slate the SPL but St Mirren have played much better football too watch than what Pardews team has served us this season !Its a good development ground before players move to the Championship and we should be setting something up with St Mirren so they take our youngsters every season who are around the 18 age group

As it is Newton has only played 1st team football for 4 MONTHS!!!At 21 this is unacceptable and our club has failed him just like we have failed Abeid and Ferguson who have good skills but have been wasted sitting on our bench for 2 seasons

I worry the same fate will happen to Vuckic and Campbell

Even though he is a wee thug that Mcmannaman is some player for Wigan I think Campbell would have had the same impact for us given a run of games up front but Pardew would never risk it these last 10 games that Shola has came on and done NOTHING at all if Campbell had came on for 20 minutes each game I think he would have been involved in a couple of goals for us but we will never know

• Tinman - Pardwho?

May 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Lilongwe,

It seems so simple to send our youngsters out on loan to these clubs. Nearly all of the lower league teams who are pushing for promotion have one or two loanees to boost their squad. Surely this means there is a high demand for our players, especially if we make a point of sending them out, more clubs will look to us for our youngsters.

It seems that we havent been doing it. If/when we stay up this season, hopefully we can have a good run in the premier league and get this very simple problem sorted out. Sending youngsters out on loan benefits everyone, I cant see why its not done more often by us.

• Tinman - Pardwho?

May 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Oh and also, sending them to a team where they can learn how to be a winner, like these two at St Mirren, is absolutely priceless.

• Jail for Ashley

May 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Beattie ,
    That was an impressive list of players you mentioned in a previous post,but you have to remember some good players have been shipped out as well at a tidy profit,I’d say if you looked at the list of the top 20 richest clubs there would be similar lists of good signings .

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Rotonda,
    Hopefully if they go out on loan they won’t be coming back to Pardew.

Tinman,
    I think the club seems to have finally realised this given the number of players we have loaned out. For a few of them though it will most likely be too late for their careers here.

The whole path through needs looking at, if Ashley is serious about developing our own youngsters then he needs to have clubs in place where these lads can go to learn their trade for 2 years, depending on their ability. Not playing that development slop underneath Beardsleys tutelage or sitting on the bench.

Whatever happened to Michael Richardson?

• Tinman - Pardwho?

May 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM

We need to get Bigi out to a Prem club next season. One of the teams who comes up would be a good option. High hopes for that lad.

• Tinman - Pardwho?

May 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Lilongwe, did Richardson not get a bad injury?

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Jail,
    I don’t think Beatties point was necessarily the money spent or recouped, it was the quality of players we have bought under Ashleys policy. No one will argue that he tries to spend as little as possible per deal, but with the players Beattie listed, even an average manager should have us mid table.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Tinman,
    I think he went to Gillingham in January, but when I checked their squads he was never in, so an injury would seem to make sense.

• Jail for Ashley

May 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM

lilongwe,
    It’s just going round in circles pal there’s those that believe that had he of been backed in the summer we wouldn’t be in this mess and those of you believe that another average manager who wouldn’t have walked after being sh1t on could have done a better job.

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 4:21 PM

JFA

Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t defending Ashley. I was incriminating Pardew.

The player list was in response to a poster who said that Ashley ‘s transfer policies were the reason we were so low. Whilst they are a reason, we have brought in quality recently and unfortunately his shit policies mixed with an awful manager have led us down. Not one or the other but both.

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Lilo

You said it better than I

• hibbitonthewing

May 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Repost (trying to keep up with Ed)
    Beattie25.
    You do talk some trollish noise at times but more often than not cause me to hesitate(and smile) before I (rarely) post.
    But ‘cacafuego’ in a football blog has my utter admiration.
    My new favourite word.
    Awesome.

Meanwhile a point of view.
    Ernest writes well and from the heart but I fear has just gone too far with blinkers on.
    As I’ve previously posted I’m of the sceptic turned supporter turned head-in hands brigade re Pardew.

Ashleigh – think he’s delivered on expectations from day one: Made some godawful decisions that have no place in football or SJP. Learned from them(ish) and put some faith in other ‘experts’ to do their job properly whilst he re-appraises his investment. Take it or leave it – it’s called being an owner.

Pardew? He can’t execute against his objectives. So he should go. Take the emotion out.

The players? Showing themselves for what most players are – a set of salaried pros who need direction, pressure and orientation to reach elite levels. Check out Dave Brailsford Sky Sports cycling as a pretty good example of what can be achieved.

Us? Hope against hope we get the right results till the season ends.

Then get a group of people(coaches) to ignite the spark behind this team that really could be seriously competitive. The analogy has been used before but the ingredients are there. They’re unfortunately currently being massacred by at least one greasy spoon chef.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Jail,
    Pardew could have been backed better, there is no doubt in that. Where the blame lies for that, be it Ashley refusing, Llambias and Charnley being their charming selves and putting everyone’s back up, Pardew and Beardsley honestly believing that the young lads were good enough to step in when needed. Who knows, I know where your thoughts are on that matter, for me, it is a bit of each.

What I also think is clear though, given the talent that we do have, we should not be in this position, and a better manager would have us higher up in the league. Particularly given the new lads in January. Yes, they wouldn’t settle in immediately, but they showed enough initially to suggest they could get us out of this mess. Now they just look hopelessly confused.

Nobody at the club is innocent in this debacle of a season, and all must take some portion of the blame. unless we come up with a sizeable amount of cash, we can’t oust Ashley, we can however get shot of Pardew and try again next year. Time will tell whether Ashley/Llambias/Charnley have realised their mistakes.

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Who is spellcheck?

Ha ha. That was hilarious.

It is either an intentionally funny post filled with irony as one man makes satire of the post modern trend regarding online social mediums or he is thick as fcuk.

Either way bravo!

• chris_g

May 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM

santonthenewmaldini // May 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM says:
    “Its a good development ground before players move to the Championship and we should be setting something up with St Mirren so they take our youngsters every season…”

Interesting that you mentioned that – I noticed this item on nufc.com (who are usually pretty reliable) so it looks like the wheels are already in motion:

“Contract claims
    ….
    PS: Buddies assistant boss Tommy Craig was among the crowd at Friday night’s Newcastle reserve game, where it’s believed he was assessing possible loan targets for next season among the home ranks.”

• davis_toons

May 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM

• davis_toons

May 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Didnt know that ABV was a former scout. Must have known lots of players then..

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM

hibbitonthewing

Thanks. I hope one day I can real in my anger and try to be funny more often.

I am bipolar when it comes to NUFC. One day this blog will be a good place to be I think.

Regarding your post I agree entirely with it’s contents. We have the foundations to do something spectacular, we have for years, but nobody seems to be able to get the right mix.

I still think one day we’ll be title challengers. I think it is near if we can add the right manager and build momentum for the next few seasons.

We could be the next Twente, Montpellier, Lille, Dortmund, Napoli, Athletico Mardrid etc…

That’s why I don’t understand people who think Pardew is good. I suppose it comes down to those who accept mid-table and those who will never accept less than top 6.

Part of me wants to say ‘Ashley wants to make us a mid table club so he can make easy money’ and part of me wants to believe he wants more.

To be honest I still sway towards the easy money mentality.

• davis_toons

May 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM

On QPR

We got a better defensive force then QPR.
    We need to score.

QPR weakness is Defence….expect for least weekend they did ok. Hill kinda on form. Other than that he was always another weak link as well.

• Cisse's Big Toe

May 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM

worst case scenario we go down, team for next season?

elliot
    tav taylor willo ferguson
    obertan gosling perch sammy
    shola campbell

futures bright 😉

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Has anyone seen Stephen Mbia on twitter?

He’s asking Joey Barton to swap clubs again so he can go back to Marsaille. QPR fans are going mad.

Ha ha. Hope their dressing room is as divided as our.

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

CBT

I really think that team would struggle in the Championship.

• hibbitonthewing

May 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Beattie25
    It’s a magnetic place to sway to.

But..

my hope is that like many successful retailers – see Phillip Green, Terry Leahy .. even Gerald Ratner – who just got his PR spectacularly wrong – their ultimate desire is to drive as much footfall through their tills as possible.
    I think the goals of NUFC fans who want what you (and I think most of us) do and Ashleigh are actually surprisingly aligned. The upside is that Ashleigh has no emotional blinkers on to just wish for a new Keegan era (which by the way I adored at the time).
    It’s just we have a few barriers to success:
    Pardew.
    Possibly the rest of the coaching staff.
    Potential relegation.
    B..gger.

• northernirishtoon

May 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I am starting to get the feeling that Ashley will keep pards on no matter what happens

I think we are all building ourselves up to be massively let down in the summer

Ashley is a stubborn man. After having the word ‘stability’ rammed down our throats all year long, who actually thinks he will do what’s necessary and eat a big slice of humble pie whilst doing it. Not me

We can only hope the he realises that stability can only be achieved with the right personnel and that pards is not the man for the job

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM

CBT,
    I take it you doubt we will sign anyone? Haidara won’t be going anywhere, so you can put him left back, move Fergie forward as Sammy has proved at Boro he struggles at Championship level.

Inman is likely to start and Vukic would play the number 10 behind Campbell.

That team would still struggle, though. I think it unlikely that we wouldn’t bring a few in though.

• Beattie25

May 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM

It seems to me for Ashley to succeed he needs a no man as much as a yes man.

He needs a man with footballing knowledge who isn’t blinkered by the Geordie passion who had the balls to tell him ‘no, you shouldn’t do that’ and has the guts to tell him whats best for NUFC and in turn the business he runs.

Having a casino boss as a MD of football is a disaster. Having a second rate manager in charge of a top notch team is a disaster.

He needs someone to tell him to get of both these idiots, mates or no mates, and to hire people who can bring the best out of the club.

If he did that I doubt anyone would hate him as much and he would find his business would make more money and generate bigger incomes.

1 2 3 5