The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Magpies Need To Placate Fans – Give Us Two Wins

11:47 pm, Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 75 Comments

Given what Newcastle United have put their fans through since we were eliminated from the Europa League, and for most of the season, if truth be told –  Newcastle must go all out to get two wins in the last two games for the fans – who have gone through hell and high water this season.

newcastle fans last night

Newcastle fans celebrate last night’s great result for the club
Picture shown in the Independent

Indeed if Aston Villa are beaten at home by Chelsea on Saturday, in the only league game to be played that day, and Newcastle win at QPR on Sunday, we are mathematically safe because in the final game of the season Aston Villa entertain Wigan.

So that means after the QPR game we could be safe – officially – if we win.

We’ve always said that Newcastle United are not an easy club to support, and certainly since the 1-1 draw with Benfica, Newcastle have managed to be beaten 3-0 by Sunderland – the biggest loss to the enemy since 1979 – and that 6-0 Liverpool disgrace in the next home game was the worst defeat at St. James’ Park since 1925.

So here’s the point – Newcastle have two games to go,  and have to try to make up for these recent results,  and what has generally been a terrible season in the Premier League.

Two wins and 46 points will go a small way towards making up for it.

And we expect Alan Pardew to say tomorrow that we are not safe yet – which is true – and another reason to win on Sunday.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League

75 responses so far ↓

• 1 Spotlight Kid // May 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM

4 points would do it – let’s not be greedy!

• 2 Beattie25 // May 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM

When did Ed get that picture of Ketsbia9?

• 3 JackButler // May 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Two win’s Ed? I still think we’ll need Wigan and Norwich to drop more points as we seem incapable of getting ourselves out of the mess we are in

• 4 Beattie25 // May 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM

northernirish

More so is not the injuries but when we have had a fit team we have chopped and changed too much and at the begging of the season played the kids too often due to players having niggles, not serious injuries.

We have had a chance to have a consistent 11 but by malpractice, misuse and consistent failings we have struggled with and without injuries.

• 5 kevymartins // May 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Also @northernirishtoon and to state the obvious he has such poor judgment on players..It took sylvain marveaux like a year and alot of bad injuries to finally get a run in the team he would much rather play jonas over him witch as we all know is crazy marveaux is a great little player…

The list of his faults does not end the guy is moronic

• 6 Beattie25 // May 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM

kevy

I remember last season he had Benny siting on the bench for months and only brought him in when Obertan got his ingrowing toe nail. Then when Ben Arfa showed his quality Pardew thought he himself was a genius and all his supporters on this very blog said he handled it brilliantly and shouldn’t have started Ben Arfa.

Poppy cock of the highest order.

• 7 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM

with the contract deal with Pardew i think the writers on blogs have it all wrong, with all this 10 million nonsense on his contract has got to be compensation if other clubs come in for him but it will cost MA about 1.5 million if he sacked him

• 8 Carryingcoals // May 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Whether you love Pardew or hate him, I think he’s now in a lose/lose situation with fans and will get berated for whatever he does.
    One arguement is we go all out on QPR and go for the win (a view I’d ahve 100% supported had wigan won tonight) or does Pardew stick to his current away set up and play for a point. If Newcastle get the point and Wigan lose to Arsenal next tuesday its job done.
    Of course I want a win, hell I want two wins but should be be more pragmatic?

There is much to be decided and I believe there are many twists yet to come, its so hard to speculate when any team in the bottom half can go down.
    Here are some thoughts on Pardew’s current predicament….

• 9 northernirishtoon // May 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Kevy

Marveaux is very very good no doubt about it but for me he goes missing way to often. He can thread he eye of a needle but once or twice in a game is just not enough

Apart from arsenal away and anzhi away he has really put a decent 20 mins together

A player like him needs to thrive in a team full of confidence which can carry him at times and we have not been able to do that this year.

• 10 JackButler // May 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

If Pardew gets more than a years money in way of payoff after being sacked I’d be amazed. You don’t become a self made billionaire without knowing your way around a contract and say what you like about Ashley, he’s no fool when it comes to money

• 11 stuart no9 // May 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

repost
    beattie @47

— i thought ashley wouldnt be that naive as to not have some sort of clause in the most ridiculous contract in world football !

• 12 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM

sir alex about to retire? mourinho going to man u? he said he is going to where he is loved and man u fans want to see him charge and would love him, interesting times ahead…

• 13 northernirishtoon // May 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM

* he hasn’t really put

• 14 Graeme // May 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Black & White – Other clubs coming in for Pardew pmsl – I so hope you’re right, but somehow I doubt it!!

You will have to pries his fingers of his desk to get him out of SJP. After this seasons performance, an honourable man would recognize how badly he had done and submit his resignation immediately after the Arse nil game.

Somehow, I just don’t see it happening – he doesn’t understand the concept!!!

• 15 manxpie // May 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM

northernirish 1st of all jesus i’m apologising to beattie
    but that previous post shows wat pardew has had to deal with now i’m all for a better manager but them statistics you posted says a hell of alot and beatties even more really?
    remember before the january window we ALL new we had a SMALL squad

• 16 JackButler // May 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Can’t see anyone else coming in for Pardew as all club’s seem to have their mascot situation sewn up

• 17 p // May 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

there is a position as the village idiot going though

• 18 Beattie25 // May 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Jamie Hardesty

That is a good blog by the way

• 19 stuart no9 // May 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

graeme @ 14—— we may just have to make our feelings known to pardew on the final day of the season- see if he understands that !

• 20 kevymartins // May 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

He has just got it all wrong injuries aside…I don’t think there is 1 person alive that think’s he is getting the best from his players. Cabaye example was arguably one of the best cm’s in the league untill pardrew started to play him out of position trying new stuff etc

• 21 Beattie25 // May 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I can’t honestly believe that Ashley would stand for such poor standards in his stores never mind his football club.

• 22 northernirishtoon // May 8, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Manx

The thing is, pardew could of come out of this season with a bit of cred

If he had insisted on playing an attacking brand of football. Shut his mouth instead of being a press whore (as someone put it earlier) and left tactics and substitutions to someone else then he might of been alright lol

Unfortunately no matter how bad the injuries have been. He has put the nails in his own coffin with the majority of fans the last few weeks and I can’t see now will ever turn that around. Maybe if we are in the top 6 by Christmas, that might appease the majority

• 23 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM

i heard that Pardew got rejected a staff job at sports direct, but i think he going for Gregg’s

• 24 manxpie // May 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM

beattie can i ask you?
    do you think we’ve got our best squad in “ages”?

• 25 p // May 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I tihnk Pardew will stay if he relegated and get fired if we stay up

• 26 Carryingcoals // May 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Beattie25

cheers mate, very kind of you, thanks.

• 27 imre-varadi // May 8, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble guys but the chance of Pardew getting the sack is very small. I am not sure how many of you go to the games but he STILL has most of the crowd fully behind him and until that changes he is in very little trouble at all
    Even after the Sunderland and Liverpool games, fans were moaning more about individual players than Pardews tactics
    I must admit I have never been a fan of him but I cannot see him going nowhere. We have had a terrible season but I think Pardew will argue that Europe has had a negative input to the season and our small squad could not cope with the injuries.
    The only way I can see him getting sacked is if we are relegated and I hope it does not come to this. I cannot see Wigan picking up anymore points from their two games. However it would be nice for us to do it by ourselves. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy a home game for a change

• 28 JackButler // May 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Beattie25 – Ashley’s no mug although there are plenty on here that like to believe he is. He can see what’s going on with this idiot in charge of the side and I’d be amazed if he didn’t cut Pardew lose come the summer and finally bring someone in who can get the best out of the players we have

• 29 northernirishtoon // May 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Carryinggoals

What do you put this seasons demise down to and if pardew is given another season do you think he can succeed

• 30 Beattie25 // May 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Regardless of injuries Pardew has misused most players when they have played.

Tiote has played too often despite poor form. Same for Jonas whom has also been used in a variety of positions including LB. Cabaye has been turned into a very poor DM running around like a headless chicken. Anita has been used sparsely in the PL and has played in lost of positions. Sissoko has continued being used at CAM for reasons unbeknownst to all. Goofy is being used as a LM when he is a CF. Ba was pandered to too much and as a result Cisse was played RM and is now a lone striker expected to cope with long balls and direct play.

I could go on but I’ll be repeating myself.

• 31 kevymartins // May 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM

@manxpie I’ll answer that question

I think that squad has alot more quality than what chris hughton had. Not much missing but a few strikers and a winger it’s almost perfect. But yet it’s not performing I don’t blam the players though it’s not there fault cdm’s are playing as right wingers ..Just go watch sissoko playing cdm or cm for his previous club looks something special closest thing to a yaya toure or patrick vieira and young.

• 32 Graeme // May 8, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Stuart @ 19

I fly back to UK at the weekend and look forward to watching Pardwho listen and squirm to 90 minutes of abuse over his deluded management of our proud football club.

The two clowns who appointed the village idiot should also be left in no doubt as to our opinion on their parentage!! Their next appointment has to be 200% better than what we have!!

• 33 p // May 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM

carrying coals, I don’t think it is a lose/lose

if he goes for the win and they win, it’s a win! if he goes not to concede, the defend well a nick a goal without conceding, it’s a win.

It’s only a lose/lose if he loses and so it should be.

• 34 manxpie // May 8, 2013 at 12:29 AM

irish you might as well said not be a manager lol
    the fact is he’s had horrendous circumstances (see that ruddy not a spell check in sight!) and your post kind of proved that tell me another top 6 team that has HAD to play that amount of players and for large proportions of the season?
    i’d love to know the record for most used defensive line-ups!?
    we must be top surely?

• 35 Beattie25 // May 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM

manxpie

I think if the players were played correctly I truly believe we have the best team we have had for 10 perhaps no perhaps 15 years.

We have so much quality. All I can do is encourage everyone to think back to when we signed these players and how envious all the other clubs were.

They knew we had bought quality.

However even if you have a the most impressive cooking utensils and a the most expensive ingredients you still need a good cook to bring out the best in the meal.

Pardew is serving up broth despite having the materials to make steak.

Some people don’t mind broth and will eat it up when served but others will demand steak if it can be done.

I will eat the broth but refuse to enjoy it and dream of eating steak cooked by a genius.

• 36 RonVanDam // May 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM

@ Beattie25 Post 3

Spot on mate. Its been a while since we scored lol

• 37 JackButler // May 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM

@imre-varadi – Ashley will not want someone in charge who threatens to cost him millions through sheer incompetence. The results and performances have been pathetic and the players reactions and opinions will have a massive impact on his position.

But it remains simple.

If Ashley wants to take us forward then he sacks and replaces Pardew with the right man.

If he wants to fight relegation year on year with any quality players wanting out, then he allows him to retain his position

• 38 manxpie // May 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM

kevy but tell me these wingers that are so great that they don’t play?
    do you remember that arfa has been pretty much missin all season
    and please don’t give me ober as an option :)?

• 39 Carryingcoals // May 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM

p

You are most correct fella! But the joke is ( or was supposed to be) that because we are so bad away from home and because Pardew faces a tirade of abuse regardless, it is a lose/ lose as I very much doubt we’ll win – even against such a poor side!
    So more generally its a lose/lose for Alan rather than the game itself, of course we have the opportunity to gain 3 points :)

northernirishtoon

Hi, first of all I’ve refrained from commenting on the blog lately because I cant be bothered for the constant Pardew bashing. Thats not to say he doesnt desevre criticism or shouldnt be replaced, but rather Ive grown tired of it. Im not going to sit here and defend the guy for the countless, continued errors he makes.
    What I would say is he is part of the overall probelm, perhaps the biggest part of course. But the season has been so poor for many reasons. lack of summer investment, Ba going, europe, adpating to different training preparations, injuries, not being able to field a consistent 11 like last year, tactics, payers etc etc etc

Should he get another year – I really don’t know. We want stability, but we want it from someone capable. I believe we will come back stronger next year provided we survive, perhaps Pardew will get more time. Like any asset in a business though, his position can be upgraded by something – or someone – more capable. Question is, can we get an upgrade to come in?
    As a manager he’s been poor this season though I cannot help but like his personality. Thats just my opinion. Apologies for the essay!

• 40 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM

i got to agree with some of you who say Pardew won’t be sacked, MA is using this club to make big profits for himself and couldn’t give 2 hoots about our club and the fans, he will buy cheap and sell big, i honestly think he got a big money rush when he sold Carrol and he knows he can do it again

• 41 northernirishtoon // May 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Beattie

Good analogy lol

Are you sure that a steak can be achieved though, or in reality is the best we can get a pork chop

• 42 northernirishtoon // May 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM

What am in on about?

Time for bed

• 43 beefman13 // May 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Tell you what Fulham and Southampton the mackems and Norwich are all sitting very uncomfortable at the moment, I bet Delia`s seat will have a few sticky patches on it, there but for the grace of god, I really cant call it.

• 44 northernirishtoon // May 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Carringgoals

Pretty much agree with everything you said there except his personality. He’s is too arrogant for his own good to the point where he can’t admit he is wrong therefore he will never learn from it

In my opinion that’s his biggest failing and the main reason he will never be a top manager

• 45 kevymartins // May 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM

@Manxpie In all honesty you cannot criticize ben arfa for missing games he has been through alot with are club I mean alot of people thought his career would never be the same after that leg break…The staff should have knew that..And obertan pff I actually thought when we signed him he would be decent for us because of his pace but now I just think did they even scout him or watch him what the F are they doing buying players like that. We need a winger like how jonas was in his day …Someone energetic who gets up and down the pitch with ease and also is a great attacker and good with the ball at his feet..Just can cross better.

• 46 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 12:47 AM

as iv’e got 4 years of coaching experience under my belt and iv’e just realized now what Pard’s is doing wrong and thats tactical advantages.

for instant- when we play at home we should play the teams best advantages and go on attack and let the opponents handle our situation but for some reason Pardew does the opposite and tries to counter the opponents tactics fair enough against big teams and away games this can be crucial but for weak and home games it’s stupid

• 47 Carryingcoals // May 8, 2013 at 12:50 AM

northernirishtoon

I see what you mean, I really do. His arrogance can be a huge downfall of his. Perhaps personality was the wrong word for em to use.

The reason I personally like Pardew and I could be wrong in thinking this is the fact that he is an outsider, he’s not from the area yet he does seem to have taken to it and understands what football means to the city. Ok many people will read that and think well who gives a sh!t, but I quite admire how passionate he is and how much I genuinely believe it means to him being a part of that.

We are suffering at present but last season I loved his confidence. I guess some fans will never forgive him for this season (especially if we do go down) but when I see him fist pumping when we score a winner or showing some passion I can’t help but enjoy it.

It’s all part of the entertainment and I’m a sucker for that. However if we got a continental manger capable of getting Cabaye et al playing well together then I’d prefer to have that!

I guess I just dont dislike Pards as much as most. I wont defend him where he has done wrong (many times, more as the season goes on it seems) but I wont slate him blindly (like many do) when there are parts of him I enjoy.

• 48 kevymartins // May 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I also think they will be straight back in for carroll and I actually think it would be great to have him back…But when you have a long hard think about it really for that cash you could fire in bids to try tempt the likes of lukaku benteke away.

• 49 Carryingcoals // May 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Will he ever be a top manager, no I think not but I’d love to see him get a win this weekend when he cares so much.

I guess his position is akin to Jonas. The mentality is there, the effort is there but yet the quality and required final product is abject. And I for one think thats a great shame.

• 50 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 12:53 AM

another instant our 433 has been in somewhat a dominated tactic for us and we should play this at every home game and weak team away but instead Pardew plays a 4231 then converts it to a 442 in nearly every game, does he realize that a 4231 is a very weak tactic compare to our 433, a 4231 would only work if we had players like Man u Man city and Chelsea type players

• 51 Jamiemac // May 8, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Jesus, people STILL banging on about Pardew. Soo boring.

• 52 manxpie // May 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM

beattie by your standards the broth n steak scenario was pants lol
    but my poin’t is people keep bringing up that we’ve got the best squad in “ages”!
    1 we haven’t been able to use it and
    2 these new signings should have been signed last summer!plus the fact that 5!!!!!!! of them need time to settle into a new league,language,n culture but some of you are saying its the best squad we’ve had and it should work instantly!?
    tell me another team in prem history where thats worked i’d love to see the stats on that i mean QPR have done well on that haven’t they/
    next season is the time to really judge imo and the constant pardew/player bashing on this blog is shocking and certainly doesn’t make me wanna post it’s depressing like!
    i mean just today u’ve all pretty much smashed fergie n sammie but u must have forgot pardew had to play them earlier in the season n europe!!?
    and why owe why do people wan’t martinez as our next manager!?
    did none of you’s see his reveling in relegation?
    now you all hate pardew but he got us 5th with a new squad?
    but you want to see us pass the ball about countless times n lose
    load of shite even swansea who are renound for good footy have really only just got out of it but i suppose there lucky and haven’t had a game changer in michu all season!!??

• 53 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM

seriously i think Rafa Benitez would be perfect for us he uses a 4231 in attack and suddenly switch to a 4411 in defense, now thats a tactician.

HWTL
    HWRB

• 54 Jamiemac // May 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Carryingcoals

Completely agree with everything you’ve said. Pardew will always have my respect for what he did last season.

• 55 kevymartins // May 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM

@Black&white I think he should not be playing that period ..We do have the players for it but he doesn’t see it that way he would rather play

____________tiote______perch____

sissoko__________cabaye_______gouffran/jonas
    ____________cisse_________

Instead of

___________cabaye___tiote/sissoko________

_______benarfa_____marveaux___gouffran
    _______________cisse________

• 56 Mark the Mag // May 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Fans on here are saying Ashley is a business man he is no mug, he knows what hes doing.
    Well he might have good business acumen but he knows sweet fa about football. If he ran his business like our football club he would be on the dole.
    He says we still owe him money but what about all the free advertising he is getting with his sp**ts di**ct, desercrating on our stadium. If you stand on the town moor all you can see is his cheap advertising on our temple. Ashley is our main problem, he needs to be removed before we can move forward.

• 57 Beattie25 // May 8, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Preferred starting 11 during tenures:

Kevin Keegan (4-4-2) – Srnicek, Barton, Peacock, Albert, Beresford, Beardsley, Lee, Batty, Ginola, Shearer, Ferdinand.

Kenny Dogleash (4-4-2) – Given, Pistone, Peacock, Albert, Pearce, Gillespe, Lee, Batty, Barnes, Shearer, Tomasson

Ruud Gullit (4-5-1) – Given, Barton, Dabizas, Charvet, Domi, Solano, Speed, Hamman, Lee, Ketsbia, Shearer

Bobby Robson (4-4-2) – Given, Hughes, Dabizas, O’Brien, Bernard, Solano, Dyer, Speed, Robert, Shearer, Bellamy

Graham Souness (4-4-2) – Given, Carr, Boumsong, Bramble, Babyaro, Solano, Parker, Bowyer, N’Zogbia, Owen, Shearer

Glenn Roeder (4-4-2) – Given, Carr, S. Taylor, Moore, Babyaro, Milner, Butt, Emre, Duff, Owen, Martins

Sam Allerdyce (4-4-2) – Given, Beye, Faye, Taylor, Enrique, Milner, Smith, Geremie, N’Zogbia, Owen Viduka

Kevin Keegan 2 (4-4-2) – Given, Beye, Colo, S. Taylor, Enrique, Milner, Butt, Guthrie, Duff, Owen, Martins

JFK (4-4-2) – Harper, R. Taylor, Colo, Bassong, Enrique, Barton, Nolan, Butt, Gutierrez, Owen, Martins

Chris Hughton (4-5-1) – Krul, Simpson, Colo, S. Taylor, Enrique, Barton, Nolan, Guthrie, Smith, Gutierrez, Carroll

Alan Pardew (4-5-1) – Krul, Debuchy, S. Taylor, Colo, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gutierrez, Cisse

Look at those teams and tell me which is the strongest in terms of individual quality.

I would say the current team is one of if not the best we’ve had in the prem but the one thing that is undeniable is we have had more shit managers than shit teams.

• 58 manxpie // May 8, 2013 at 1:04 AM

kevy i didn’t critisize arfa at all thats my poin’t obers shite where’s the replacement??

• 59 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 1:04 AM

kevymartins

personally i wouldn’t use any of the tactics iv’e said, our main strength lies in midfield so i would with our players use a 4312 tactic

• 60 Carryingcoals // May 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Jamiemac

Thanks, until next time, take care all

Beattie

Really good/interesting post there – just before I go, was that written from memory or did you get it from a site?

• 61 kevymartins // May 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM

@manxpie I wasn’t saying you criticized him I was saying nobody can really slate benny when the staff knew he might not ever be the same with that horrific injury and they signed obertan as his back up lol now that’s quite funny obertan as ben arfa’s back up.

• 62 manxpie // May 8, 2013 at 1:07 AM

beattie but tell me how many games has pardew been able to play that with a decent bench?

• 63 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM

4312 when players are fit

krull

debuchy, colo/taylor, MYM, santon
    anita, cabaye, sissoko
    HBA/Marv
    cisse, goofy

what team could bypass these players?

• 64 Beattie25 // May 8, 2013 at 1:09 AM

manx

Nobody expects it to work instantly and if that’s what you think of us you are massively mistaken.

I for one will say that Pardew has been given a bad hand and that these things don’t come together overnight but at the end of the day he still has made too many mistakes and has shown absoloutley no progression in 2 1/2 years. Mix that in with the fact we have found ourselves in a relegation battle and it is indefensible.

No amount of injuries (minor and major) should put us in this position. With the injuries, lack of investment and new players settling we should be at bare minimum 12th-10th IMO.

We are still in terms of footballing talent miles above the bottom 8 and should be feeling dissapointed with mid table but grudgingly accepting it.

Pardew has made too many mistakes, he has shown no capabilities of overcoming the issues a manager should be able to overcome (the reasons you gave) and looking to the future I cannot see where we are heading so for that reason he should be fired.

• 65 kevymartins // May 8, 2013 at 1:11 AM

@B&W now that’s a team that would walk all over qpr

• 66 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Beattie25 @64

very true mate

• 67 Beattie25 // May 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM

manxpie

How many times did any of the managers get to play their best players?

For Gods sake man Shearer was out for a full season and we finished no less than 13th. We had a shitter team and bench back then.

We have better individuals now and it is the managers job to get them playing as a team. If he cannot he is at fault.

• 68 Beattie25 // May 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM

carrying

It was a bit of both (I used wiki and thought back to who was preferred despite injuries etc…).

• 69 Black and White with an army lol // May 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM

kevymartins

true mate but i think this tactic could walk over many teams in the PL, there’s not 1 team in the PL that use this tactic and wouldn’t be able to counter our tactic because they have never occurred against this type of tactic, well except the big teams who have played against this tactic in champions league.

• 70 manxpie // May 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM

kevy thats the joke of the century lol
    but where in our squad are the wingers/
    we’ve got….
    arfa
    jonas
    ober
    you can prob add marv to that but he’s been shocking every time he’s played there
    now take arfa away n marv thats what options we have in the wing department but supposedly we’ve got the best squad ever?
    see wat i’m getting at?
    i don’t doubt we are building a great squad but we’re no where near the best squad ever

• 71 Mark the Mag // May 8, 2013 at 1:19 AM

beattie
    what would be your best 11 combined out of all those teams ?
    krul
    debuchy-colo-albert-Enrique
    solano-cabaye-batty-ben arfa
    —–shearer-carrol

• 72 Mark the Mag // May 8, 2013 at 1:22 AM

beattie
    and to back up your point about us having possibly the best squad in 15 years, I have 5 ( could have been more ) from our current squad.

• 73 manxpie // May 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM

beattie so finishing 13th then 5th isn’t progression??
    and “IYO”!! we should be finishing in 12 to 10th?
    on wat beattie?? was it on the tiny squad we started with or the very inexperienced squad we’ve got now??
    add in the injuries where we’ve played wat must be the most changed defence or at the very least the same as the relegated teams?
    it annoys me when people say “with the squad we’ve got!” !!!
    half of it has never played together ffs but it’s supposed to be instant and everything is supposed to fit in to place!?

• 74 Jinky Jim // May 8, 2013 at 2:38 AM

BLACK AND WHITE ARMY WITH A LOL
    You have 4 years training and you have just worked it out,my 10 year old grandson work that out last season ffs.

• 75 toonluvva // May 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM

2 wins is well beyond out ability with Pardew in charge.

Although we MUST beat QPR Pardew is not the man to instill any confidence of doing just that.

As far as Arsenal is concerned, we’ll be lucky not to get beaten by a larger score than Lpool managed.

Sad to say we are actually waiting for other teams to fail rather than winning for ourselves.

Expect to see a large number of players seeking to leave in the summer, and faling that being away in January. Of course this can be prevented by sacking Llambias & Pardew.

previous post: Newcastle Must Now Beat QPR And Get The Job Done