I’m Very, Very Happy To Play For This Club And These Fans

Yohan Cabaye has been talking to the local press today, and he has reassured Newcastle fans that he has no plans of leaving Newcastle, after what has been a disastrous season for us in the Premier League – and after battling last season to be fourth top – we are battling this season to be 4th bottom and avoid relegation.

yohan cabaye at Benfica

Yohan Cabaye – I’m very very happy to play for Newcastle

It’s not the right time to talk about what will happen in the summer until we reach safety,  and hopefully we can advance that cause big time by winning at QPR on Sunday.

But that’s a difficult task for this Newcastle side, who have won only one game in the last seven – and have won only one game away all season – at Villa Park.

This is what the 20 times capped French International had to say:

“I have three years contract left and now my mind is just to save the club.” “We have two cup finals then it will be the holidays.”

“But I am at Newcastle. I don’t want to think about the future with two games left.” “I am very, very happy to play for this club and these fans.”

“We all made some mistakes at the start of the season.” “That’s why we are fighting for relegation.” “But if we learn from our mistakes, no problem.”

“We are only human. And we all make mistakes, but now is time to learn and prepare. We need to finish strongly and then prepare well for next season.”

“We have to be ready to fight and play and be ready again in the Premier League like we were last season.”“For me, Loic is a good player. He’s a good finisher. He’s a good striker and he’s quick.”

Loic Remy is a little bit of a worry for us on Sunday, because he looks an excellent striker, and it’s such a pity we missed out on him in January – but he’s already making noises about wanting to join Arsenal in the summer.

Newcastle need to survive in the Premier League first – and then build up our squad in the summer, and then go all out for a top six position next season,  and forget about the disaster that was this season.

And we hope we still have Yohan Cabaye at the club.

Maybe he can get a goal for us on Sunday?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• catchy in norway

May 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Lilongwe Geordie

lucky you

i was up at the reserves every match years ago, stopped going about 10 years ago,

if you went when marcelino was playing,, i thought he was amazing with the kids,, should have been first team, but yeh , we know why,,

one kid i thought was amazing, orr, he went to hull,

was very surprised when SBR chose shola instead of chopra,, chopra back then was outstanding, he chased like bellamy, scored like own haha , at that level anyway

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Catchy,
    Fergie is the only one that had a chance, but again he hasn’t really looked outstanding at Brum, good but not top drawer. i agree, he could have played more, but would see how he did over a full season. For example, Marveaux has looked good in bursts, and has assists, but has rarely looked goo for more than 20 min patches.

Tav isn’t good enough. He looked all at sea on occasions. He should have been on loan in the championship this year for the full year really to see how he got on.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Hmmm…If I was the sort of person to read between the lines I’d say Cabaye blames lack of transfers and Pardew accommodating Ba too much, thankfully I’m not that type of person 🙂

As for Remy, he can be a tricky player, but he’s not the best or even one of the best in the league. This game in theory should not be the hardest, but it is one of the most important so the lads will need to attack it in the right way (just look at how most of the league have got at them this season Alan, homework done 😉 ).

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM

lilongwe

from all the reserve/under 21 games i’ve seen this year campbell should have had a few more minutes as a sub.

Pardew himself said nothing betweem him and shola and his pace gives us that different option up front we have lacked a lot.

Too much on him now to chuck him in with just 2 games left, he needed time to come through.

Also the odd sub game he got he has been stuck left side, kids need to be in the position they know when they come on, don’t see why pardew wont do that.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Ha, I used to go watch regularly even before scouting. I have to say, as far as Chopra goes, he reminded me of another kid that I used to love watching for the juniors, Paul Brayson. Broke records left right and centre for goalscoring but never quite translated that to first team. Chopra has done the same, although seemed to have found his level at championship until all his personal problems.

As for Shola, I think he has suffered from the same issue that you think Fergie is having. For most of his career he had top quality strikers blocking a regular run in the team, and when he had a chance in the championship he scored several, and then got injured. He has in my opinion being unlucky in his career. Maybe he would have been better served had he left.

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM

ibiza

Remy doesn’t seem the level of van persie, aguero etc but he is one of the best outside the manchester clubs.

He has pace, skill, good shot, audacious enough to try something different…think he is a right handful and hopefully he isn’t bothered in trying this weekend.

• Santon03

May 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Lilong

So.. who has good potential in our current youngsters? beside Fergie, Vuckic.

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM

lilongwe

I think chopa is very much like obertan. Had everything needed to be great at junior level, physical talent is great.

Just not good enough upstairs to then exploit his physical advantages when up against experienced pro’s who know how to deal with it.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM

TS…Not knocking him, other than that he didn’t come to us 🙂 My point was we are capable of dealing with him if we’re on top of our game, we’ve dealt with better. I am aware we’ve also been given the run around by lesser players too….oh the joys of the toon.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Sage,
    For me, Campbell would have got more time had we been safe. I think the fear with him is that more minutes in such a pressure cooker situation could make or break him. Pardew is ultra cautious/negative with most things seemingly and has been again with this, fearing the worst, rather than thinking this lad could be great.

He is one of a number of kids that I hope go out on loan next year, we always have great potential coming through but it is never realised, and never will be if they stay to play under Beardsley at Development level.

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM

santon

i know it’s not a question for me, but been to around 10-12 games for under 21’s

I think our hopefuls are fergie, campbell and vukic…thats it.

• Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter)

May 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM

QPR have won 2 league games at home this season.

Against Fulham and sunderland i think.

Bet Pardew will say “one of the toughest places to go to”

Afer Mbia’s incident Doubt he will play and how much fight will the team have.

People say they will be in shop window, if i were a FC i would’t touch them with a barge pole. No that i touch anything with a barge pole

• Santon03

May 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

SAge

heheh it’s ok.

Not even Streete or Inman?

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

ibiza

yeh we have a good chance to stop him, we can handle him.

lilongwe

Yeh maybe, but he should have maybe had a some sub games early in europe maybe. I do want him on loan next year though, somewhere in the championship, same for fergie and vukic.

• cyprus

May 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM

“ganiyu // May 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM

@ cyprus perch is quality defensively, tiote imo should be sold asap. Nufc need aanother dm as i dont even rate bigirimana

Also, i think pardew is a decent manager who can take this club to greater heights.”

Ganiyu,
    I must say I disagree on both points. I was pleasantly surprised by Perch’s solidity, but that’s about it. Great squad player, but can’t take us to the next level. On the other hand, Tiote is a star in one of Africa’s best teams. Even though he has not had a good season (also see most of our top players), he has technique, is an enforcer, AND, unlike many of our players, is always available for the ball. Check any video of a game with him in, if you doubt this.
    One of our team’s biggest problems is that it is disjointed: there is rarely more than 1 player available to pass to and a lot of ball watching by people who don’t have the ball.

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 8:46 AM

santon

not streete at all i don’t think.

Inman possibly, just don’t think he will cut it at the top level.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Santon,
    Nicholson looked a good prospect, but time has passed him by. In the next cluster coming out of the academy, you have Streete, Campbell, Satko, Alnwick who all have great potential. I haven’t seen much of Mbabu, but reports suggest he is top class. We have Adam Armstrong and Alex Gillihead coming through the ranks, both are top drawer. Unfortunately, I live in Malawi now, so have to satisfy myself with snippets from NUFCTV.

However a friend f mine out here and I have started working with a local academy to send the top Malawians to South African clubs to gain experience and have trials. I’m also currently doing my African coaching badges, which is the equivalent of UEFA B.

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM

cyprus

I’d have perch in for tiote as i think perch is solid and knows his limitations so keeps the passing simple, also always shows for the ball.

I think tiote is better but at this moment in time he needs dropping so he knows he isn’t guaranteed a place when playing like a headless chicken.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I missed out Aarons on that list. He looks a good type, lots of ability and seems to have the right attitude. Woodman is a given, but still very young.

• cyprus

May 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM

On your second point, I am committed to not criticizing our coach for the last two games, so please don’t push it… Still, to tempt you a little, how many goals have we scored from over 300 set plays? This is clearly a coaching thing and we may have a world record in that stat.

• cyprus

May 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Transfer,
    drop yes, sell, no. Players of that status (despite the pirouettes and aggression!) don’t usually come to our team.

• ganiyu

May 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Mbabu, amalfitano, bigiramama and curtis davies were wrong signings for pardew, instead he should have brought in some experienced players to save this club

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Santon/Sage,

I think Streete will. He has injury problems this year, he will be much more impressive next season, particularly if we can loan him out.

Inman, he has great talent, but it is too late to make it here now. He may well go to a championship club, and then grow into a prem player, similar to Scott Sinclairs route to the Premiership.

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM

llilongwe

i forgot about those two, alnwick and woodman…both looks good.

• Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter)

May 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I THINK THIS SUMMER WILL BE THE MOST EXCITING SUMMER IN THE PL HISTORY FOR A LONG TIME

TRANSFERS (EXTRA MONEY)
    MANAGER MERRY GO ROUND

JUST HOPE NUFC ARE PART OF THE EXICTEMENT 😥

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

lilongwe
    agree on inman

just not convinced on streete, hope you are right though…you know more than me with your qualifications and scouting work so i’ll trust you on it.

• Santon03

May 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Could we like hijack Ajax academy coaches? they always produced great talents and they often get youngsters from Africa and South America.
    I like French players, but this is too many. I like to see more South American players or Italians.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Ganiyu,
    Curtis Davies? If we had signed him, he is an experienced prem Centre back, we didn’t though. I don’t think the others are wrong signings, i just think we needed to do more. Other than maybe Amalfitano, that one still has me stumped.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Santon,
    The issue for South Americans, or Africans coming here as kids is work permit regulations. Most of continental Europe are more relaxed on those issues than the UK.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Sage,
    Hopefully Streete can stay injury free, he seems to pick up long term injuries too often. If he manages a full pre season, I think he will really kick on.

• cyprus

May 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Shouldn’t Carr take some of the blame for those second tier players?

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Cyprus,
    Second tier players? Which ones?

• cyprus

May 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Sorry if you have the ‘In Carr we trust’ T-shirt. Didn’t mean to use Carr’s name in vain.

• Santon03

May 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

cyprus

No, you can’t expect to find perfect gem everytime.

• cyprus

May 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Lilongwe Geordie,
    Amalfitano, even Bigi and others who just won’t cut it in the big time….

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

lilongwe

I think we need to strike a deal up with some european teams and buy players but loan them to these sides for a few years to develop them.

• Santon03

May 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

cyprus

even big teams who buy stars can make mistakes. Like Sinclair, Garcia to Mcity

• Transfer Sage

May 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

lilongwe

Do you know why players at our club, especially ones we bring through get injured a lot? I’m sure the training ground was updated to prevent this, must be something to it.

• LeToonARMY

May 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Surely if we stay up we should have enough money to get some decent players in and a decnt Manager thats used to winning cup not relegating teams.

• cyprus

May 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Good point Santon.

In managers’ defense since I have been critical, it is players who make managers look good, more that the other way around, I think. Harry had top players at Spurs, he did well. At QPR he flopped like any of his predecessors would have….