Pardew To Speak To Ashley Soon – It Could Be Goodbye

Once Newcastle are safe in the Premier League – and that could come as early as Sunday afternoon, if Newcastle win at QPR and Aston Villa lose at home to Chelsea tomorrow – Alan Pardew will be speaking to the Newcastle owner Mike Ashley about the season, and how to take Newcastle forward – and whether he  is still Mike’s choice to take Newcastle forward.

alan pardew dejected

Alan Pardew – will speak to Ashley once we’re safe

And speaking to the BBC today, Alan was  asked if he wants to speak to Mike Ashley directly,  and this is how Alan answered that question:

“As soon as I know we’re in this division, that’s what I want to do with Mike,” “He can tell me where he’s coming from and we can clear the air about how we want to take it forward.”

“He could turn around and say, ‘sorry Pards, see you later and thanks very much. He could do that if we don’t make it, he could do that if we make it.” “Unfortunately for me I have to accept that decision.”

We know there are strong emotions on both sides of this issue – whether we should keep Alan or whether he should be sent packing.

But we’ve been reticent to put out much on the topic when we are still fighting for our lives in the Premier League, and we certainly don’t want to upset the Newcastle band-wagon.

But as soon as we know – hopefully that we’re in the Premier league next season – we’ll have a poll and that kind of stuff, and say one or two things about what we think will happen with the Newcastle manager and why.

But until we are safe in the Premier League,  it’s not the time to talk about the manager’s future.

Let’s support the lads and hopefully we can even have a decent couple of results over  the last two games.

Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare At QPR?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Carryingcoals

May 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM

sorry Pards ha dear me

• Krul to be Kind

May 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I like the links we are currently having with rene Girard.

What he could do with this team would be immense and would be a seemless fit given the amount of French lads in the side!

• Hatem's better than Messi

May 10, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Dangerous bringing in a French manager who can’t speak much English.

It would really split the dressing room if French was spoken by the manager. So he’d have to speak English and Girard can’t. He’s been learning English online for a few months. So good luck with that.

• MrMojoRisin76

May 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Since the Premier league began there have been 3 managers that have delivered a top 5 finish for us,but hey,the next one has got to be better,right?,and everyone knows the way to build a good,successful team is to sack your manager every 2 yrs.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM

He is paving the way for his own dismissal, he knows he is on his way out.

• Tsunki

May 10, 2013 at 5:48 PM

DL – ‘Mike, Pards wants a word with you’
    MA- ‘Who the hell is”Pards”?’

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 10, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Mojo

Forgive me if I am wrong, does this mean you are advocating supporting Pardew on the basis that he is in the company of SBR, and KK for getting us in top 5?

Seems like a somewhat simplistic view of proceedings.

• Tsunki

May 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM

BTW – What did Aaln say about Remy? ‘We failed to get him and ended up with only Cisse and that other nugget, y’know, thingy er Goofoff or sumfink…anyway, thankfully, I did have the foresight to sign that lad to back up Krul or we would have been totally stuffed, Sissoko I think his name was..”

• wreker16

May 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM

There’s hope yet!

• valle

May 10, 2013 at 5:59 PM

We finished our highest position under Dalglish, although he didnt manage us the entire season I admit and he managed to rip that team apart after that… But still, its 4 managers who have gotten us top 5 and even Roeder managed top 7 and I sure as **** wouldnt want him back.

• Spoof

May 10, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Ed you are saying that now is not the time to debate Pardew’s future, not the first time you have done that this week, but you right an article about it which is aimed at creating a debate, if you don’t want the topic to be debated then don’t start a debate.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 10, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I’m nearly certain that Pardew will not be in charge next season. If there is any justice in the world he won’t be anyway

• Beattie25

May 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Oh no not Mojo again.

• valle

May 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Our highest most recent position* It should say

• Ulster_Toon

May 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Might be one of the few. But if he goes i will remember him for the great year we had last year, genuinely disappointed he wasnt the man for the long run. This year has shown up some of tatical abilities though. I want a new manager and backroom staff brought in this summer. Rafa would be good, wouldnt mind lee clark though or even some of the other names thrown around

• Beattie25

May 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM

George Burley got Ipswich Town to 5th in the PL.

He won the LMA manager of the year award and the FA manager of the year award.

A year later he got his team relegated and is now managing Apollon Limassol.

Yeah let’s keep Pardew because all managers who finish 5th are great!!

• mkhalaf

May 10, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Pardew should stay,, we finished in the top 5 last year and had NO reinforcements in the summer even though we were playing one more game a week, then our main players got injured and the youngsters backing them up did not perform as expected and that is why they were shipped out on load, pards thought that Sammy fergie abeid vuckic gosling would break through to the first team but found out in the Europa league that they lacked quality,, so we brought in reinforcements in the summer (French to fit in the squad as fast as possible) and unfortunately it was/is difficult for 5new players to integrate successfull in a squad with so much pressure on them to carry the team out of a relegation battle and especially with no time or summer camp to help them mix in the squad smoothly,,, don’t blame pardew we over achieved last year to much of HIS credit (manager of the year) and we under achieved this year not due to his tactics but due to the youngsters not performing, players getting injured, no summer reinforcements, playing twice a weak, and new players not having time to integrate ,, give pards a fucking break!! We need stability! Isn’t that what we were all begging Ashley for! All great clubs must have stability at manager I say we give pards a chance to see what he does next year!! Please let’s rally behind pards I know emotions are running high now but its the best thing for the club,, we need stability give pards 1 more season to prove that he is not a fluke and have him for once start the season with a big enough squad and c how he performs

• Laurent Robert 32

May 10, 2013 at 6:10 PM

His delusions grow greater by the second.

Strange quotes about how Ashley could fire him. If he was sure of his role in an 8 year deal, he might be a bit more confident. He may know that if he doesn’t reach a set target, it opens up a clause for Ashley to fire him or something.

Just have to see if Sage’s info is gold.

He’s obviously a bit worried. Good, pack your bag Alan, and take your negative, stone age football and dreadful player choices elsewhere.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 10, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Pardew talking verbal acid on Radio Newcastle now.

• Spoof

May 10, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Why are so many jumping on the “Pardew’s tactically naive” bandwagon when the accusation is complete nonsence, last season we played completely different style’s against Man U. Swansea, Stoke etc which all brought great results, the difference this season has been that due to so many injuries he has been forced to play very poor squad players, Shola, Sammy, Perch, Williamson, Obertan etc, howay lads, be sensible, the best tactician in the world could not get that lot playing decent football, but now that we have a better quality of player to chose from the confidence from poor results has gone, without confidence teams struggle, so lets cut the crap and be sensible.

• Tsunki

May 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I think he has had all the fair goes anyone could ask for. If there were promising signs I would like to see half a season more to watch it pan out but I have trawled up that long hill and back down again, rain snow and biting cold to watch the most uninspring drivel from seemingly talented players who have had the will to carry on drilled out of their skulls by bewildering team set-ups. The mackem loss and the humiliation by the skiprats has enforced an overnight polarising change in my opinion of him and his methods. He cannot even set us up to be a dull and grimly dogged defensive unit which I am sure even Curbs or that hammer-faced bloke who assisted Shearer would have been able to.

I think its the waffle which has finally tipped me over the precipice. Calls to get behind the team, and unite the city and ‘come on lads leave off the criticism just because we lost horribly in a humiliating fashion against all odds to the worst scum side in living memory, give over get real’ or words to that effect I find insultingly patronising to some of the best suppoort you will see in this land.

I think it would be good to get a bulk purchase of those giant foam hands and flog them at the Arsenal match so we can all en-masse wave a giant goodbye. What do you think?

• Beattie25

May 10, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I will chose to ignore the post @19 and pretend it was never written.

• King Panth

May 10, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Pardew has to go at the end of the season simple as that. Lots of talk about Benitez coming, i dont know if he would come and work in the set up we currently have. I think he would want to identify and sign his own players, not players recommended to him by Carr. Lee Clark would do a hell of a lot better than Pardew. Clark did a great job at Huddersfield, they went about 40 games unbeaten if i remember rightly. He is a Geordie as well so he wants success as much as we do. He has done well at Birmingham under extreme restrictions, he started pre season with only a handfull of Profesionals, as well as having no money to spend.

• Tsunki

May 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Spoof – I admire your rallying bravado, I really do, but I think its gone beyond that now. Its all too possible we could still go down, and if there is a safe bet in the game about which manager could turn a mathematical possiblity of it into a reality, Pards would be odds on every time.

He did have all the problems you say, but overall his methods even more so behind the scenes have been as responsible as any other factor to bring us down. Just the fact he cannot address fitness and injury problems shows he has a determination to go his own way despite results shouting otherwise. He’s a dead man walking. Results are King when it comes to being a manager of a football club.

• Jail for Ashley

May 10, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Not only is Pardews random bullsh1t demoralising to the squad it is also detrimental to the atmosphere around the place,how can he claim that the four goals Rely has scored would have enabled usbto concede fewer than than the two Gouffy has put away.
    Beattie ,
    I done some research on LMA winners and it makes me slightly ashamed I defended Pardew as a winner of this award.

• Beattie25

May 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Pardew:

”I will contuinue to do job with honesty and dignity, with pressure I’m under. I love this city, and enjoy being manager here”

Blurgh… I think he is looking for brownie points and support. Don’t fall for it. Makes me sick.

Honesty and dignity?

• Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter)

May 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

let me b the first and say, pardew out

• nightfa11

May 10, 2013 at 6:28 PM

for me the best option is blanc… knows epl..won everything as a player..knows our players..proven manager…doesnt need big transfer kitty..

• Spoof

May 10, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Post 21, its true m8, if you haven’t got the players capable of playing decent football, you have no choice but to hit it long and hope, its been bloody awful and frustrating, but what other option has he had ?, I’m not saying he is the world’s best manager, but this season I do sympathise with him, the gods have not given him a fair chance so I feel we should, coming 5th does not automatically make you a good manager, I feel he had a lot of luck to achieve that with such a small squad, but being involved in a relegation battle doesn’t automatically make you a poor manager, I feel he has had a lot of made luck to get there, but what frightens me the most is that I honestly do feel that we have the makings of a really good team/squad, a new manager would as they always do like to put there own stamp onto the squad, Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko, Cisse and Ben Arfa amongst others could all be at risk, if a new manger came in we would all hope that a bit of tinkering would take place and we would improve, but lets not forget how Dalglish tinkered with Keegans squad, or Souness tinkered with Sir Bobby’s squad, at times you have to be careful of what you wish for

• Tsunki

May 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM

King Panth @ 22 – er I think one of the problems Lee had was that he DID spend quite a bit of money….

• King Panth

May 10, 2013 at 6:30 PM

If we lose our next 2 games and still stay up, what is the betting Alan “trust me” Pardew will come out and say he knew what he was doing all along and we were safe after the Fulham game. He spouts so much bullshit it is embarrasing, bigging up Remy and then saying he does no fear him. Does not fear him my arse, what is the betting we go defensive with Cisse issolated up front on his own, against the team bottom of the league. He truly is a gutless bullshitting tit.

• mattnufc

May 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM

What Pardew said today was laughable.
    He said he was annoyed he was lauded for his tactics last year, but criticised this year.
    No, we have never had good tactics under your tenure. Was that spat with Coloccini just a dream?
    I believe Pardew is the only person who thinks we play good football.

• Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter)

May 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM

what did pardew say on talksport? crux?

• IndieGeordie

May 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Someone who looks at Sissoko and says he is a #10 should be nowhere near football teams let alone managing a football club!

And Pardew says he is a midfielder – cum – #10!!!

• Spoof

May 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM

King panth, all managers big up their opponents, Fergie, Mancini the lot of them, its called respect.

• Jail for Ashley

May 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Beaattie,
    On the train atm so forgive typos,did he early say with honesty and dignity ?

• King Panth

May 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Tsunski, im not sure about Huddersfield, but all the players Clark has signed at Birmingham are freebies or loans.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Spoof

I think the sensible approach would be to move him on. No matter what he does next season (in the off chance he is in charge) he has lost a lot of the fans.

For me, I cannot forgive the 3-0 humiliation to 5under1and, for that game to be followed up by the 6-0 annihilation at the hands at Liverpool at home is too much for me. Even if we had a good season up until that point that for me is too much, but the reality is that we’ve had an awful season thus far, and Pardew has been a massive factor in this awful season.

It is naive to claim that had Ashley backed him in the summer we’d be experiencing the heady heights of 5th again, these are merely circumstances, circumstances that he, as a manager, is employed to work with.

He was in no way given an impossible task, but he is on the verge of doing what many of us thought was impossible for us this season.

So, with all that in mind, my sensible conclusion would be to get rid, start afresh and move on.

• Spoof

May 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM

IG @33, I would agree with that, he should be played a lot deeper, I also think Gouffran is a scorer and not a creator, but that’s only my opinion, which doesn’t mean anything as I don’t decide the tactics, all I do is support the team and the “manager” even if I feel he is wrong.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM

King Panth

Clarke spent a small fortune at Huddersfield, it was part of the reason he was given the boot.

1 2 3 9