The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

My Only Worry Is To Get Newcastle Safe – Pardew

8:55 am, Saturday, May 11th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 17 Comments

Yesterday and today Alan Pardew has talked about his Newcastle job with the press, and whether he will be fired because of Newcastle’s terrible Premier League season that comes to a close a week tomorrow.

mike ashley   -880074675

Mike Ashley – thinks – what do I do about the manager this summer?

If Newcastle don’t win at QPR tomorrow this will be our second worst season ever in the Premier League and the worst away record ever in the Premier League for a Newcastle United side.

Alan Pardew has said he’s going about the business as normal, and doesn’t fear the sack, even though he admits that could happen.

And to be fair to the manager he’s been under tremendous pressure over these last few weeks, and he comes through as a very tough guy mentally – and that’s to his credit.

This is what Alan had to say today:

“I never fear for my job.” “I don’t think my contract is cast-iron either.” “I’m not going to say ‘that doesn’t matter – I’ve got a long contract’.”

“I’m hurting about performances, I’m hurting about the way we’ve played.” “I’m hurting about results – we should have had better results.”

“Some of the performances have been good.” “But we haven’t got the points.” “For somebody who prides himself on tactical knowledge and the way I assemble teams, that’s been a major disappointment.”

“In terms of my confidence, and worrying – no.” “The only worry I’ve got is getting this team safe this year.” “After the year we’ve had, I’ll treat that as a minor – a little – success.”

This season has been terrible for the Newcastle fans, and  it looked like in the middle of March we would so OK being joint 10th place with Fulham, but being beaten by Sunderland and amassing just 5 points in the last seven games with other defeats of  4-0  and 6-0 have wrecked our goal difference, and gone is the cushion we had against relegation.

But a win tomorrow at Loftus Road would almost certainly be enough to save Newcastle. 😀

A win tomorrow would be great – it would be absolutely fantastic – given the ;ain and suffering Newcastle fans have gone through this season.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Financials · Newcastle News · Premier League

17 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM

having carpet grip rod hidden in his shoes is too good for Ashley .

• 2 Hatem's better than Messi // May 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Yep get us safe, shut up and then resign …

• 3 davis_toons // May 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Pardew admits that he is poor in tactical knowledge?

• 4 stuart no9 // May 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM

this guy is one total idiot . He is a danger to our club.
    He dosnt realise where he is going wrong so how can he put it right. he is blaming everyone at the club for last season, and he reckons he isa tactical genius , and sets histeams up in the correct fashion , really disturbs me .!

• 5 Hatem's better than Messi // May 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Stuart

What’s he going to say?
    He’s a narcissistic egomaniac.

Not clever saying your boss has under-achieved to the national press.

Bye Alan don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

• 6 davis_toons // May 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM

2003- Ferguson signed Ronaldo for £12m from Sporting Lisbon

Peter Schmeichel (£505,000)

• 7 catchy in norway // May 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM

my only worry is him staying

he was right , the city is linked to the club & he single handely is dragging it down

there is a dark cloud that follows him

• 8 northernirishtoon // May 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Quote from pardew in journal

“We’ve been running with really and truly a couple of strikers in Gouff, who’s come in (and Cissé). I think it’s hard for a French player when he’s been playing wide for Bordeaux – as the wide striker – to come here and crack it as Newcastle No 10. I think it put extra pressure on him and the team.”

When did this happen? Am I missing something or is pards talking nonsense. Maybe he’s mixed up sissoko and gouf? He’s losing his marbles

• 9 Toondog2 // May 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM

The Man is delusional. What Tactical nous?
    He hasn’t a clue.
    Nearly the worst defence in the EPL, yet he blames not having another striker when Ba left .

• 10 Rotonda heights // May 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Funny to see Pardew say Ashley has failed as an owner! I can see that P45 being prepared now (well hopefully!)

I missed the BBC interview with Pardew. Were the questions just very tame as per ? Or did anyone ask any of the following:-

1) Why are players played out of position. Anita can’t get a game despite 3 successive m.o.m’s. Cabs is played too deep, Marveaux is often on the bench and Cisse is sometimes a winger!

2) Why does he always play his favourites regardless of form. We all know who they are.

3) The reasoning behind his many bizarre substitutions?

4) Why are we always so negative, dour and and negative, ie playing 3 x DMs at home with 10 men behind the ball in their own half for large periods?
    Why do we always sit on 1-0 leads and not go for a second killer goal?

5) Why do we play so many long balls when we have some terrific technical flair players? Why use those tactics for such a good squad ?

6) Why is there not more attacking coaching?

7) Why are out set pieces so unimaginative and laughably unproductive?

8) Why is Shola our only plan B?

9) INJURIES – what are you doing in training? Why was Ben Arfa brought back to start a game on a plastic pitch in sub-zero conditions with inevitable disastrous results?

10) Why are the players so unfit?

Finally. Why is everything about him and not the club? Why does he say things go against him personally instead of the team?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Does anyone know if any of the above were mentioned?

• 11 Rotonda heights // May 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Hatem

he’s probably not fussed. he knows he’s got a pay out coming no matter what. Was playing vets 6 -aside last night and this west ham fan kept giving it about another 7 years!!!

• 12 GeordieDan // May 11, 2013 at 9:40 AM

After Debuchy’s blatant giving up in the Liverpool nightmare I would start Simpson against QPR all day long. I am still disgusted he just threw in the towel like that. Not acceptable for an NUFC player and he needs to make it us to us-but next season

Debuchy needs the Summer to sort his head out and not only get his confidence back but learn how to play in our side.

Simpson has his critics (myself included at times) but he always makes us look more solid when he’s played lately as Debuchy’s defending has been shocking and when attacking he has been muscled off the ball easily by Enrique and Danny Rose-completely ineffective.

Tiote, Jonas and Debuchy should be dropped for this game and I bet Pardew starts all 3 in a defensive 451 formation!

FFS I can’t wait for this season to be over and Pardew’s one-way bus ticket is paid for and delivered!

Here’s hoping its with us still in the Prem.

• 13 Rotonda heights // May 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Geordie Dan

So true

• 14 davis_toons // May 11, 2013 at 10:22 AM

“He needs to go to Munich or Dortmund and see how they organise a defence. That’s what I call organisation and tactical nous.”

Thats is very true.

He needs to under study some german managers to improve on his football studies.

Way off the current modern football game. He should follow Sir Alex to retirement before his name got further tarnish.

• 15 Toondog2 // May 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Davis-toons
    But not as our Manager!!!

• 16 Phil K // May 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM

YOU are the main cause of our worries, Pardew

• 17 toonluvva // May 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Pardew’s only worry is that we won’t be safe.

Strange, my only worry is that the team are relying on you for our safety.

Llambias & Pardew out and hopefully soon.

Ashley, this pair of clowns will have us back at the bottom end of the table this time next year and we might not escape!

previous post: Alan Pardew Makes The Case To Keep His Job