Play Danny Simpson At Right Back Againt QPR

Alan Pardew has a decision to make tomorrow as to who he starts at right-bank for Newcastle, given that French International Mathieu Debuchy has served his one match ban after being sent off in the 6-0 trouncing against Liverpool.

danny simpson in new strip

Danny Simpson – start him tomorrow

Danny Simpson will be leaving the club this summer, when his contract runs out, so the future of Newcastle is with Mathieu Debuchy at right back – that’s true.

But when you look at the game Debuchy had against Liverpool (poor) and the game that Danny had in the 0-0 draw at West Ham last Saturday (solid) – Danny should be preferred tomorrow and deserves to keep his place.

Danny also has stacks of Premier League experience, and he’s never let Newcastle down and has played for a long time with the two center-backs Fabricio Coloccini and Steven Taylor.

This is what Alan Pardew told the Evening Chronicle today about the situation:

“There’s a decision to be made.” “Danny was absolutely fabulous at West Ham.” “There have been a few negative things said about Danny.”

“But when we’ve really needed him, he’s come to the fore.”  “He played a lot last year in that top-five run.” “He’s been a terrific servant for us.”

Alan has to play his best team tomorrow  and if it means for this game or the last two games even,  that he plays Danny Simpson – for his extra Premier League experience and the fact he’s in good form – then so be it.

Danny has played 84 times in the Premier League for Newcastle over the last three seasons, and Mathieu has played 12 times for Newcastle since arriving in January.

And Mathieu will have ample time in the seasons ahead to rack up some first team appearances for Newcastle, but we must get a result at QPR tomorrow,  if we are to stay in the Premier League.

That’s job one at Newcastle – in fact it’s the only job that matters right now.

Play Danny Simpson at right back tomorrow.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 11, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Debuchy please

• Bambams

May 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I have to agree. Debuchy needs a pre season.
    Hopefully in the premiership!

• magpie6699

May 11, 2013 at 6:11 PM

watching the cup final. 0-0 half-time. Desperately hoping for extra time, penalties plus Wigan lose. Also 3 of their players to be taken off injured and another 3 to be red-carded. Not much to hope for.
    Gosh I’m so sporting!

• WWYCD

May 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Unfortunately Simmo isn’t the future RB so I’d be shocked if Debuchy wasn’t back starting tomorrow even if he is yet to settle

• mattnufc

May 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Offer him a contract then Pardew.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 11, 2013 at 6:17 PM

We need our attack minded players on the field, that means Debuchy needs to be marauding down the wing, he’s a tidy defender too so for me it’s a no brainer.

C’mon Pardew, do the right thing for once man.

• Tinman - Pardwho?

May 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM

That is one of the biggest heaps of sh!t I have ever heard!
    Will be shocked and apalled, yet again, if Debuchy doesnt start.
    French International, one of our best players, or Simpson…

What a heap of crap article this actually is.
    Shows how fickle people are saying they would start him when a few months ago he was being called worse than terrible

• gdw298

May 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Debuchy. One decent game doesnt put Simmo above an International. He was our weakest player last season in a team that had Willo. He was rubbish for the 1st half of this season, thats why Ashley bought a RB as our 1st piece of business in Jan. If he was as good as he’s been made out, someone would have signed him in Jan on a pre-contract, or we’d have offered him a new one.

• TimKrulFan

May 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I can almost guarantee Simpson and guti will play tomorrow. Wigan are looking impressive hope they win and manage to stay up at sunderlands exspence.

• Jamiemac

May 11, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Simpson please. Debuchy is has been shocking defensively recently and a clean sheet tomorrow is vital.

• JAMSHA

May 11, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Yes Plzz Play Danny…

• Offkey

May 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Pro Pards people – Can any of you who keep talking about injuries show me some of the figures. I have looked at our injury totals from this year and last (injury league) and whilst substantially higher this year, I cant help think that is down to mainly fringe players with long term injuries. Can you persuade me otherwise with facts? ………….I am actually interested and not being sarcastic.

• jimiley

May 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Play Simpson and we lose. Simples. A Championship player at best. You know naff all Ed!!!

• toonarmydownsouth

May 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Offkey
    Not disputing your point but do you not think squad players play a pivitol role in a season with a european campaign where you need to rely on squad rotation?
    Rafa has said how playing in europe this season has heavily effected his squad with fatigue, although injuries are not the only reason for the league position i dont think you can dismiss them all together

• Offkey

May 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Example of figures I am talking about (in post 12) and looking for but cant find (these are fictitious)

2011-12 Colo out 12 games 2012-13 Colo out 18 games
    2011-12 Krul out 4 games 2012-13 Krul out 8 games
    etc.

• northernirishtoon

May 11, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Think boys are a bit harsh on Simpson

He’s been a good servant for us

I’m not sure who I would start. On one hand debuchy is more attacking but laid down at Liverpool and looked a fish out of water
    Danny is solid at the back and probably better defensively but couldn’t cross his legs and struggles to pass it to a black and white shirt

Decisions decisions

• northernirishtoon

May 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM

McManamon is playing well

Sign him up!!!!

• Offkey

May 11, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Tads – I understand what you’re saying mate. I wasn’t trying to make a (back handed) point but just trying to understand it more. If you look at the figures I am trying to find above, it is so I can base my opinion on facts rather than just thinking its mainly Pards fault. Of course games played and other figures would also have to be looked at.

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

As much as I hate Mcmanaman he is gunna be some player like. I would take a trio of Kone, Maloney and Mcmanaman from Wigan when they go down.

• TimKrulFan

May 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

We need a win not a draw Debeuchy please

• toonarmydownsouth

May 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Northernirish
    I think it’s harsh to judge debuchy that critically purely on the liverpool gamthe whole squad looked out of there depth and i dont agree he got sent off just to run away as people were suggesting at the time, for me it was a challenge purely out of frustration
    QPR are without samba and to leave debuchy out seeing as he seems to be the only player who can cross would be madness
    Danny did well at west ham, but debuchy has done well full stop
    One bad game doesnt make him s bad player

• TimKrulFan

May 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Wigan are playing insane.

• JAMSHA

May 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM

jimiley

wat inpact has debuchy made????? playn debuchy we are losseng…. play simo n ul stay in.bpl… watch out… simo haters

• toonarmydownsouth

May 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Offkey
    Its alright mate i get where your coming from
    I do think that injuries have played a part this season but also think there have been more factors
    Like 5 new players going straight in to the first team with no time to gel, key players looking desperatly out of form, poor tactics etc
    We have just imploded this season!
    I dont blame pardew solely for the mess where in this season but i do think his position is untenable now

• Jackel001

May 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Wow it just shows that some of you’s haven’t a clue about football.

For me debuchy showed that he couldn’t give two sh!ts against liverpool, look at his second yellow and how he just ran straight down the tunnel like he couldn’t care. Plus he was in enrique’s back pocket all game. Now I’m not saying he isn’t a good player but I just think he needs more time and time isn’t what our squad has atm.

Simpson gives everything each game, he may not be the best but remember the west ham game, he had one of the best I’ve seen him, now whether thats to do with wanting a new contract I don’t know but for me it HAS to be Simpson. All the bull about how deb ” Hes an international” is laughable, if a player isn’t playing well drop him, international or not he hasn’t got fully to grips with the premiership which is understandable.

I’m apprehensive about the squad selection tomorrow but one name I would start is Simpson!

• northernirishtoon

May 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Toonarmydownsouth

Wasn’t been overly critical of debuchy mate just thought he laid down and your 100% right a lot of the other players did too. Just making the point that I think boys re being unfair on Simpson as he’s been a good servant and always put in a decent shift

• JAMSHA

May 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM

@ Jackel001 agree with u

• toonarmydownsouth

May 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Really hope wigan hang on…………..then get done in extra time so there absolutley knackered when they play a fast paced arsenal

Citeh down to ten men though…….

• matias

May 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Still 0-0. Hope ManC scores at the beginning of ET to force Wigan to really press for another half an hour.

I wouldn`t mind Simmo starting. Debuchy could be used as an impact sub. I`d like Guti too but otherwise I hope to see the flair players on. Anita for me isn`t a player for tomorrow.

Oh, City down to 10 men. Hopefully the ref evens that out soon.

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM

If City lose this Mancini is a goner

• Offkey

May 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Tads – At the moment, my view on our current plight is somewhat harsher on Pards (well its what Mike calls him) than yours. However, I will freely say that is based on my perceptions and memory rather than anything more concrete ……wouldn’t mind seeing a good analysis of it all……suppose I will have to wait till the end of the season, they usually pop up then

• Jail for Ashley

May 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM

tads
    That mirrors my thoughts exactly

• toonarmydownsouth

May 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Northernirish
    I agree simmo puts in 100% but for me we need our best attacking side out tomos and for me that would have debs at RB
    If we were playing for a draw or a clean sheet then fair enough but we need 3 points tomos, samba is injured and we need to utilize his crossing ability against them

• LeedsMag

May 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Sad to admit that Wigan are a much better team than us, probably going to beat Citeh and get a tremendous lift for the last 2 games and a demoralised Citeh will fail to beat Norwich on the last day = us being relegated again .I’m so p***ed off

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM

OMG

• toonarmydownsouth

May 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Ahhhhh cant believe wigan have won the FA cup’

• Offkey

May 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I really dislike Wigan…….hope they go down.

• magpie6699

May 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Pee po belly bum drawers!

• toonarmydownsouth

May 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Thats mancini sacked in the morning

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Well Martinez has done something Pardew hasn’t. Would you still not have him now 🙂