This Was So Important For Manager, Players And Brilliant Fans

One player who has settled in quickly at Newcastle is Yoan Gouffran, and the French U21 International had another good game at Loftus Road yesterday.

yoan gouffran GOAL QPR

Newcastle players celebrate going ahead 2-1 yesterday after 35 minutes

And Yoan Gouffran has quickly become a favorite on Tyneside and his third goal for the club yesterday was monumental –  it was the winner – and it keeps us in the Premier League, and we’ll pick up that massive £60M next season – and the club will become even more financially stable.

Yoan has played 14 times for the club since arriving in January, and he had this to say today about the fantastic win yesterday:

“This is so important for the players, the manager and of course our brilliant fans.” “After the game everybody was happy.”

“Now we need to finish the season well against Arsenal.” “Then we can really start looking towards next year. This is so important to the club.”

“The players have worked very hard to win this match.” “They were strong and worked hard to get the points.” “We’re happy to win the game. I think we deserved it.”

“Of course I was happy to score, especially as it won the game and the result was so important to the club.” “It was a good moment.” “The game was very difficult. The last few minutes were difficult, but we held on to win. We are there now.”

Yoan took his goal brilliantly and it was great work from Jonas Gutierrez as he challenged goalkeeper Robert Green for the ball, after a bad pass back from Jose Bosingwa.

The ball fell to Yoan who hit it first time into the back of the net, and fans couldn’t believe how easy it was for Newcastle to score that goal must have been a huge relief for all the five Frenchmen who joined us in January.

Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Haidara and Yoan must be delighted that we are safe –  because they didn’t join Newcastle to be relegated.

All five of them will be better players next season,  after their fiery baptism in the Premier League over the last four months.

The intense criticism, our massive crowds, our brilliant fans – the passion that is Newcastle United – they will have experienced none of this in their homeland.

Welcome to Newcastle and the Geordie Nation.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• yo-yo

May 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Torq

Where’s the big announcement then ?

• Thump

May 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM

If we’re stuck with Pardew, can we get a message to him explaining that sitting on a 1 goal lead is not the best idea?

• Rotonda heights

May 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Wolfshead

Hardly backpedalling. If you read most of the comments here I would say 80% want him gone more than ever with 10% not sure and 10% diehards like Manxpie and Ian toon still in love with him regardless.

Not backpedalling. Just resigned to another 7 years of dismal mediocrity.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Outsidethebox,
    I agree, top 8 is the minimum requirement next season whoever is the manager. I was like you, in that I was willing to let Pardew show me he can adapt and improve after bringing in the new faces in January. Unfortunately he has not shown me enough for me to justify potentially wasting a full season by starting with him, and then sacking if things go wrong.

My biggest issue is who we would replace him with, although I think Rene Girard would be an improvement and would fit in with all of Ashleys provisos.

• Tommyy

May 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM

It makes me angry that Pardew will probably be here next season, what have we done to deserve this? I just really dislike the man, regardless of his managerial ability. Then throw in his managerial ability and the less said the better.

What’s this big announcement?

• yo-yo

May 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Thump

That’s all part of improving the culture of professionalism and excellence that we need. The killer second goal that SAF always went on about. His sides were told to always go for the killer goal

• Le Belfast 007

May 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Write him a letter Thump..

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I just don’t get how people can defend Pardew saying “he has had a lot of injuries” . Yes we have had more than our fair share but are we now supposed to completeley write of seasons because of players picking up knocks under Pardew.

Anytime someone says to me that he has had a lot of injuries I ask them this question :

Injuries included, have we had a better starting 11 to field than any other team outside the top 7 ?.

Most people would say yes but still accept a relegation battle which is madness. And none of this give him 10 games into the season rubbish, we should bring in Rafa, let him have 20 million and a pre season with the players and then we can start challenging the top 7 again.

• Mag.no

May 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM

To read that Alan Pardews job is safe is a punch in the stomach. Keeping him after a disaster of a season and poor football over two full seasons is a bigger mistake by Ashley than hiring him in the first place.

He’s made watching Newcastle incredible tough. We don’t dominate, we don’t entertain and we don’t evolve. Pardew getting another chance is a disaster for me personally, and i think it will be a disaster for the club as well. I hope i’m wrong!

I can see a lot of players leave if we keep Pardew.

• Le Belfast 007

May 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM

And don’t be sealing it with a kiss.

• Thump

May 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I thought about it, Le Belfast, but I question his literacy.

@yo-yo: I miss Keegan’s football. However many they score, we score one more. Bit us a few times but bugger it if it didn’t make us smile!

Aye, what’s this announcement malarky?

• Indian Magpie (HD_07 on Twitter)

May 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Rotonda @ 3

Just resigned to another 7 years of dismal mediocrity.

I shudder to think what if he gets an extension 😥

• nimo

May 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I think the big thing is wether players now feel the need to jump ship. If cabaye goes I think there is something gone wrong behind the scenes especially if he moves to manure or the likes in the prem as he would be forever depressed the amount of games they play n he’s the main man here built a team around him and I personally don’t think he’s as good as the hype some games he’s amazing then next looks no better than huddlestone or someone of that calibre

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

BPC,
    Another question people blaming injuries should ask is why are so many pulls and strains happening in training? Are we not preparing the players properly? Is our fitness training unsuitable? Do we not ensure players warm up/down properly before and after sessions? Who is responsible for overseeing the structure and the implementation of training?

• wolfshead@toon

May 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

@rotonda

i shall rephrase then there is less personal abuse abuse which was unwarranted and distasteful to say the least personally i think pards is the best manager we could have cosidering the pool that ashley is likely to draw from benitez etc is pie in the sky so dont be too quick to call for his head unless we have a disastrous start to the next season in which case ash will move sharpish i feel

• yo-yo

May 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Thump

Torq has some ITK stuff he can’t wait to spill…..

• yo-yo

May 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Lilo

Total clear out of coaching staff required

• Le Belfast 007

May 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM

If he was to actually change his tactics & style of play & stop being so f***** negative. It wouldn’t be to bad.

He needs to stop picking the same underperforming players every week aswell. Yesterday was a prime example, i’m no fan of Danny Simpson like, but he didn’t deserve to be dropped yesterday.

And maybe he could start to make subs that actually effect the game.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Nimo,
    Cabaye won’t be going to Man U now, Feillani will be Moyes first signing.

• Beattie25

May 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM

The players:

We need to finish well against Arsenal.

The manager:

I don’t care if we get beat 4-0 of Arsenal.

Who is motivating who?

• Thump

May 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

@Le Belfast: In all fairness, I don’t think he can be blamed for the subs yesterday. Perch for Tioté was a necessity with his hamstring pulling up and Gouff for Obertan made sense because Gouff was being marked out of the game. The only one I really questioned was Harps on for Arfa. Cisse seemed the obvious choice because he’d done nowt in the second half. Need a second striker in to put him under pressure because this season he’s been a shadow. Makes me wonder if his impact the other January was the exception rather than the rule.

• Phatoon

May 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Beattie,

That Arsenal 4-0 quote was said in jest. To show how relieved he was a safety. I wouldn’t read into it….

• Le Belfast 007

May 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Think Cabaye will go to Psg, if he goes anywhere.

• Jonny

May 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

As much as I dislike Pardrew and his philosophy, I think I’m willing to give him one more season to win me over again. Anything outside the op 7/8 with this squad and no Europe will prove to me that he has to go. Although if he was to go now, I’d be ecstatic!!

• Hatem's better than Messi

May 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

When you are in a relationship and it starts going pear-shaped every little thing about someone can start to really annoy you.

I’m there with Pardew. I just don’t like anything about him. He annoys the f### out of me.

We have to move on, plenty of fish in the sea, we can do better.

He doesn’t want Europe, no one wants relegation … so we’re stuck fighting it out for eighth in a good season if he can field his fist Xl.

Any one else fancy 80+ Pardew press conferences next season … I don’t think my mental health can take much more of Pardew.
    My general mood improves and declines with NUFC fortunes.
    I’m not in a good place right now. Not being relegated should be a reason to celebrate, right? I just don’t see any hope. That was almost his best starting Xl yesterday and they were pretty poor again. After two and a half seasons we should be seeing a slicker unit on the pitch.
    Jonas just doesn’t show for passes if he’s touched the ball recently, its like he’s saying “I’ve done my bit, touched it once, give it to someone else now”.
    If Pardew is still manager next season I might take up gardening.
    Guess we’ll know in a week or two if there hasn’t been a change.
    I hope there’s a big protest at the game.
    We need a manager who loves creating fluid, attacking teams for 90mins. Play to get goals 100% of the time.
    Pardew loves shutting up shop, that’s his biggest problem. He tries to influence games too much from the touchline.

• Thump

May 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM

@Phatoon: A lot of us have only read the interview so it’s difficult to pluck the tone out of the text, y’know?

• TorqToon

May 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Yoyo and dreamboat3

Wouldn’t say I had a huge announcement lads. Just pass on things I’ve heard, which has really hinged on us keeping top flight status.

Further to when we last discussed this, many people still insist to me that the AC deal is as good as done and does NOT involve any kind of player swap. I don’t hear much English based info so not sure how accurate it is. Although I’ve been told by several sources.

We are revived our interest in Belhanda (whom expressed interest in us in January) and this might or might not hinge on the Rene Girard situation. But as I’ve stated before, he speaks regularly with Yanga and even watched a game at SJP recently.

Currently in talks with Emerick-Aubameyang’s representatives and despite public opinion, stand a very good shot at this.

And also believe that we have a contingent watching Mustapha yatabare and alharbi El Jadeyaoui (guingamp and angers respectively) who are setting ligue 2 alight this season.

However, think we should be looking at slightly younger players than this to bring on. But alongside that, need a manager adept at bringing through youth.

• Get-Well-Ryan-Taylor

May 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Well put I can’t even stand to look at him anymore, he’s got to go.

The football we play is shocking.

• Le Belfast 007

May 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I wasn’t talking about yesterday Thump. I was talking about the season in general. That Shola sub (the game changer) lol jesus christ !!

• Jonny

May 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Also, when city get rid of Mancini and Martinez leaves Wigan, Pardrew will be the third longest serving manager in the league behind wenger and pulis! Wow.

• Phatoon

May 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Thump

I still think Cisse’s got lots of goals in him. He’s had a few goals wrongly chalked off. Yesterday’s one was (correctly called) but unlucky (99/100 of those get given).

He just needs players on his wavelength. When Cabaye is on form, the passes and runs made are brilliant.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Thump,
    Look at Cisses past record before Newcastle. This season is the exception.

Yo-Yo,
    Agreed, a total overhaul of technques, culture, set up from the u18’s through to first team. I actually think our U16 staff do there job pretty well, it is when they hit the inbetween area of U18/Development/first team that they lose there way. The philosophy has to be the same throughout the club. There is no point the kids playing tactics which suit attractive attacking and expansive football, when the first team that they are trying to break into play defensively, and more direct.

• Beattie25

May 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Right guys I’m going all in on an opinion on who could be our next manager..

Paul Clement.

Assistant to Carlo Ancelloti at PSG and worked under Mourinho and Hiddink too.

Knowledge of PL and French football and is an Englishman.

Will be a free agent if Ancelotti leaves PSG and has been endorsed by Carlo as a manager with great potential.

It would be a big risk but his knowledge of the infrastructure of big clubs, his mastership of fitness and training and his youthful desire could be a great mixture.

I’d take a risk that he’d be better than Pardew and if not, well then we move on.

• yo-yo

May 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Okay Torq you’ve persuaded me.

I’ll settle for Belhanda, Remy, PEA and AC – or even any three of the previous.

Put Strolla out to grass

Seriously we do need more creative options than just relying on Cabs distribution

• Beattie25

May 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Belhanda and Benny in the same team?

Even Pardew couldn’t fcuk that up.

• Ian Toon

May 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

49Ian Toon // May 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM

BandB- Re your targets are for public consumption scenario. I bought into your, when talking about Anita, bringing a water colour brush to a paintball fight line but not this latest one. You’ll remember Fat Sam and how he used to project himself as a football god, well Ashley frequently describes his brand of football at the toon as being ‘turgid ugly football’. When Pardew’s brand of play is criticised in his presence I am told that he regularly draws on a favourable comparison with Allardyce. You make a massive assumption that Ashley understands football he doesn’t . He is learning but slowly. He
    does have financial targets and prospective signings have to be individually presented and fully costed. This practice apparently was broken in January because of the special need cases pushed by Pardew. I said yesterday that Pardew’s hand had been strengthened because Ashley fully recognises that big mistakes were made by him in not pushing the boat out last summer. He genuinely fully acknowledges this major mistake and Pardew feels he has license to offload a large part of the responsibility for our demise. Ashley has compared and contrasted the impact on Spurs with different budgets and timing of investment. of their shorter run in the Europa. This aspect is easy for him it is the translation into football circumstances that he has a problem with. MA is also not inclined to entrust the Manager/ Head Coach role to a foreign manager with know PL experience- not really sure why!….. He does want to change the coaching at a few levels with some responsibility for the older so called prospects to be assessed on a
    more regular bais. Emphasis remains on progressing through from academy and on loan programme with additional numbers permitting free movement. One area where Pardew has been criticised is over the quality of fringe players who have largely failed to progress from additional exposure- in Europa. The Brighton game was a wake up call for Pardew and co as anyone at the game would testify.

• yo-yo

May 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Lilo

Listened to an ex Barca player talking about Pep’s coaching routine styles with 5 on 3, one touch passing and keeping possession on very small pitch. Apparently the conecntration needed for the 3 to keep the ball was so intense that it was harder than match day passing.
    It’s that culture of excellence, skill and expectation we need.
    And totally agree – we need the same way of doing things throughout the club.

• sparky55

May 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I’ve heard the same thing about carroll…deals already agreed in principle…4 year deal on 60k a week and now we’re safe the deal will be concluded pretty quickly.

As for Pardew I’m gutted to report the word is he is going to keep his job and replacements for Cabaye and Debuchy and Anita have already been identified.

I’m gutted…I don’t think I can bear the thought of watching more of the same dross we’ve been served up this year and I live in hope he gets off to a bad start and Ashley finally loses patience…but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Can’t believe he’s still gonna be here next year…can’t find the words to adequately describe how I feel right now…FCUK FCUK FCUK!!!

• davis_toons

May 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM

“Who is motivating who?”

Very true..some communication problems that needs to be sort out.

During pre-season, pardew got to work something out. If is going to be the same excuse and reasoning then properly most fans will turn against him.

Time needs to be given but..there are deadlines as well.
    For me: 2nd half of next season, we should be climbing tables; better performances from the players; better setup play;

eg. No More sending long balls to Williamson and hoping that he can head on and someone will attack it.

Please change to something else or learn from Stoke some technique to setup set-pieces, corner and movement.

Pardew got to Change. If no Improvement of any sort, he got to Resign. Its very fair now.

(Not that we didn’t want a stable manager but the manager might not be the one we are asking for, it might not have the general expertise to carry us to the top end of the table)

ps: 1st of all, why did we employ Alan Pardew? Not many wanted him to be appointed. Just because someone shows some”link” and prove that he win some games? That is not good enough, bro. Properly is lower wages..

The other day he was saying Top10 and now he say Top8 if he can have all the players fit.

His words change faster than Indians flipping prata.

So next season aim was top 10 or top 8? ..so long we don’t repeat this season again. Who cares right?

(thats how low this club ambition is)

…just hope that next season Cardiff will not hammer us at home.
    Hull with not set their new winning records on us.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

May 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I wonder if Pardew ever reads this Blog?

The whole team have under-achieved this season, and we will probably be served up the same next year ?

Not sure if i can take much more of the Negative tactics?