It’s All Rubbish In The Media

It seems to us that the press did a good job, or at least had a good attempt to try to destabilize Newcastle, when we were really struggling, by coming out with reports that there was some conflict between the French contingent and others in the squad.

Newcastle United's Fabricio Coloccini and Mike Williamson celebrate after the 2-1 win at QPR

Coloccini and Willo at the final whistle Sunday – we’re safe

That was immediately denied by Derek LLambias, and certainly the last two games our lads showed a little more steel, and a lot of that was because Fab Coloccini returned to the side.

Mike Williamson, who had a solid game alongside Colo on Sunday, says there is not such conflict in the dressing room:

“There has been a lot said about it, a lot of speculation but you could see the commitment and the euphoria after the game between the players.”

“There is a lot of passion now and we are a very tight bunch.” “Maybe a lot is said about it in the media but it is all rubbish because the lads are tight, everyone doing it for themselves as much as each other.

“There is a lot of relief in the changing room and with the fans. It was a tough, tough game. We had to show resilience and character and I felt that is what was needed.”

“We are aware of what the fans have endured this season.” “As players, maybe we have not hit the heights both personally and collectively but we just want them to know it wasn’t through a lack of effort and commitment.”

“Hopefully we showed them that and we can enjoy the last game, the fans can have a great day out and we can try to get a big scalp against Arsenal.”

“We’ve got the strength and depth and whether we add a few in the summer or not that is down to the manager, but I feel we have all the quality and the attributes to replicate what we did last year.”

“I know it has been a tricky, tricky season but hopefully with a bit more of a rub of the green we can do what we did again.”

Those are good words from Mike, who’s a great professional, but we wonder what his future is in the summer, since he’s played very little this year.

He played well in the Benfica quarter final, and also did well on Sunday deputizing for the sick Steven Taylor.

We hope he stays at the club and fights for his place – since he’s now an experienced Premier League player – but he may want to move to pastures anew to play more first team games.

Note: I’ve had a few complaints about some of the comments – so please keep religion, race and creed out of the comments – and refrain from attacking readers who do not share your views – respect other people’s  opinions – many thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• kevymartins

May 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Repost

People on here are crazy wanting mcwaterface…He has been good because he has been underestimated but if you had watched the game tonight arsenal knew what to expect and gibbs had him in his pocket all night I don’t think he got 1 cross in or got to the by line once… It’s gona be the same with shaun maloney a celtic reject…Wouldn’t have them anywhere near our club where better than that.

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Kevy

I think Mcmanaman has got some ability. I’d take a shot on him.

Yes it was a horrendous challenge on Hiadara but the lad has got some potential and if he was cheap I’d take a punt.

Not my first choice but he is decent and could be very good IMO.

• Markaccus

May 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Gibs owned bananatits tonight, kevy. Wonder how his injury is.

• Bearsize

May 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Shola is poo

• Markaccus

May 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Beattie… how much of anissue would the tackle be do you think? (Not his tackle)

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I can’t speak for catchy and my reputation lies in tatters more than most but one thing you can’t take away from me is win, lose or draw I hate Pardew and his management of this club.

• 89Norcal

May 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Goes down to the public craving stories of catastrophe, especially at a a great club like NUFC. But it begs the question who the hell are these people, because I’ve never me anyone who eats up locker-room-row gossip or enjoys reading about teams destabilizing and sabotaging themselves. Fact is they exist.

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Markaccus

I think it’d be more of an issue with the fans than the manager or the players.

I’d for one would want to hear an apology if we ever did sign him (which isn’t going to happen anyway) but that one tackle shouldn’t define his career.

Lets see if he does it again before branding him a Barton or a Thatcher.

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Bearsize

You’re my new favourite poster.

• kevymartins

May 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I hope graham carr has been busy and the club surprise us all and spend some funds.I hope ashley realizes the more you invest the more funds with interest you will return in years to come.

• Jamiemac

May 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Chant to be chanted vs Arsenal:

We love you Pardew, we do
    We love you Pardew, we do
    Ooooo Pardew we love you!

• Markaccus

May 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Fair points beattie. If he turned up with some flowers chocs for haidara then maybe worth a punt.

• manxpie

May 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM

manxpie // May 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM

zero yeah but seriously i’ve really held back but that post to pappis really annoyed me lol
    even though pappis had give clear and positives to HIS reason for what he’d said!
    but catchy questions HIS and many other posters football love now beattie at least shows he likes football but catchy’s constant “you don’t like or understand football”!!! does my head in and there is one thing for sure i enjoy football and i enjoy SUPPORTING my club!!

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Kevy

I hope Ashley realises that the clubs around us are also owned by billionaires and will be without a doubt strengthening.

The scum, Southampton, Fulham, West Ham, Swansea, Liverpool and Villa.

Even clubs with smaller than our own will invest, I mean Norwich have already signed a £8 million Dutch international striker.

We don’t only need to invest but we need to invest big time in order to equal and go beyond the other clubs outside top 6.

• manxpie

May 14, 2013 at 11:38 PM

681manxpie // May 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM

beattie wat the hell was that???
    no abuse?
    your softening man!
    can i ask you are injuries this season, an excuse or the truth?
    (martinez was my sauce for that question)?

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Chant to be chanted vs Arsenal

We want purples!!!

• jimmysmith

May 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM

It’s only to be expected that Pardew will carry the can for this woeful season, but isn’t it more likely that the whole management personnel are modest in quality. Pardew, Ashley, Llambias, Carver, Stone, Beardsley – plenty of hacks among that lot relative to the standards and requirements of an elite football club, you might well think.

Mort seemed excellent but had more important things to do with his time ultimately. Hughton a great number 2. I’d love him back in that role. Carr seems great. But who else of real quality have we had in Ashleys time. Even KK seemed washed up the second time round.

If there’s to be a culling, then I’d suggest it needs to be long and deep and that in itself would be an admission that we are nowhere near as far down the track as we might imagine.

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Manxpie

People assume I think Pardew is to blame.

I don’t.

All his excuses are valid, there is no escaping that.

My issue is with his ability as a manager. I don’t think he has the skill, others do.

When it comes to injuries, bad luck and lack of investment there is no denying those have been contributing factors.

Anyone who would deny that isn’t formulating a honest opinion.

• manxpie

May 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM

beattie on mctwaterman weren’t everyone last season saying the same about mclean from the scum i believe he’s one of them players that’ll have a good season then a couple of shockers he aint got the speed or the skill to be a top player i’d rather invest in a promising 17-18yo than him like and who can put in a sporting challenge not a career ending one?

• kevymartins

May 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM

@Beattie I like it 😉

We want purples should be song as loud as possible for 90mins even if were getting hammered 6-0 just keep signing we want purples.

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM

jimmy smith

I agree. You can’t just sack the manager if that was to be the choice.

The sword would have to fall on the heads of many a man for their errors and missed targets.

• Markaccus

May 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Manx. Catchy insults znd belittles people in an attempt to bully people into accepting his view. Thats just what he is. A bully. He even resorted to calling me a baby when i reported the bullying. There are one or too more like him. Beattie and me have had words but usually he agrees to differ. He still sucks camels balls, dont you, beattie 😀

• Markaccus

May 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM

PURPLES IN!

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM

The only English player I would go after is Scott Sinclair. I don’t think the guy has even played for City in the PL since leaving Swansea and he is a real talent IMO. Wages could be a problem but even if we could get a loan with view to a permenant deal we should go for it.

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Manxpie

I never saw the appeal of McClean, even taking away all my hatred from the scum, I never thought ‘god he’s a talent I wish we had him’.

I think bananaman is having far too much good press at the moment but he seems like he’s got some decent skills and ability and I would like us to take a chance on a few cheap English players who have some talent.

He might not make the grade but best for us to see then some other team in case he ends up being good.

He wouldn’t walk into the starting 11 but would be good to have for the cup competitions and making the odd appearance.

• Beattie25

May 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Markaccus

I do indeed.

I just have this weird online personality that goes from intelligent poster to absolute twat.

I don’t know why?! I try to calm it down but it overwhelms me like I’m Jekyll and Hyde.

I did it earlier with norcal.

I wanted to post something clever and ended up laughing because I disagreed with him. It was pathetic really but hey, what can you do?

The blog makes fools of us all.

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Outs – Obertan, Willo, Shola

In – Doumbia/Hernandez/Pea/Remy, Sinclair, Alderwireld/Sakho, Kerim Frei.

• Markaccus

May 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM

He is a raw talent. He could be moulded. However not even i think pardew is no the man for that task. If he stays then we would need someone else in charge of the younger players. Would that work at the toon?? No sure myself

• Markaccus

May 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Ah its all water under the bridge. The only issue i am holding on to is the catchy insults. He spoils the blog.

• manxpie

May 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM

beattie i faackin actually laughed out loud at this

Manxpie

People assume I think Pardew is to blame

now i know but you don’t say often enough!?
    there is many many reasons for this seasons failings pardew has actually said he fooked up chopping n changing the team early on that to me says he’s learnt something and the only other big reason absolutly down to him is him playing cisse n ba together but i can understand it but the rest really has gone against him

if you look at when he took over the players then and the players now hes had to deal with a hell of alot plus got us 5th i mean he’s got another record this year for playing the most ammount of players this season 32!
    now i know you thought last season we didn’t play pretty football but do you expect that with a pretty new squad?
    and again this season the starting squad until january was very down beat (due to the summer imo) and bad form and injuries compounded that
    then we got 5 new players from a lesser league coming into the hardest league in the world to change our whole season round and again he’s had to deal with that and i personally think hes done that well and may i add cabeye,santon and cisse he’s brought them all to this league and they’ve looked very good
    my stance after all that is he deserves a chance to actually have a full squad and actually put his mark on the team which lets face it he hasn’t had the proper chance much to alot of posters want to say i bet if you asked him his best team since he’s been here you’d be very surprised!
    this season has been a rightoff for me he deserves a full squad to see wat he can do if a much much better manager (better than benitez he’d ruin this squad we’ve only just built up!)
    then yes ofcourse but who is better with prem experience and that ashley would actually support and pay for??

• John Tudor

May 15, 2013 at 8:18 AM

hi

• Owldman

May 15, 2013 at 8:56 AM

When Moyes went to Man U, Wigan chairman Whelan said that he didnt think Martinez would go to Everton, he would go to a big big club, i dont think the big boys employ managers that get clubs relegated, for all their good football they are now a Championship team.are they still allowed in the Europa League after their relegation even though they won the FA cup?

• stretchintoon