The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew Speaks More About The Coloccini Situation

12:15 am, Saturday, May 18th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 100 Comments

Alan Pardew has talked more of the Fabricio Coloccini situation, but our fear is that this will not be resolved for some months – and we’ll have another long-running saga – much like we had last summer with Demba Ba and that release clause in his contract.

fab coloccini in action

Fabricio Coloccini – situation could drag on

The Newcastle captain’s future will be one of the first things on the agenda next week, and Alan Pardew had this to say about the situation in the Daily Mirror today:

“I would like the crowd to show them they love him. He has been a fantastic captain, especially in the last few games when we have got over the line. He has brought leadership onto the pitch.”

“His situation is hard for me to discuss. It is a personal issue and difficult to comment on his feelings of wanting to return home.”

The fee Newcastle will probably demand for Coloccini is at least £6M, and we expect San Lorenzo, the Argentine club supported by Pope Francis to be back in for the center-back.

But on his press conference yesterday Alan Pardew did say there was a chance that Coloccini could stay at the club.

One thing that will be important and we know nothing about is whether his personal situation has changed since January.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Fabricio Coloccini · Newcastle News · Premier League

100 responses so far ↓

• 1 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 18, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I really am not sure what to make of the coloccini situation, one article makes it sound like he will stay, another makes it sound like he wants to go, i say shut up about it just now, and when the time comes make a statement, and act upon that quickly

• 2 Jamiemac // May 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM

The thing is, the successful clubs in England have succeeded through stability. I haven’t enjoyed this season one bit, I just think it would be harsh not to give him until January at least. We’ve got nowhere from constantly rotating managers so I think it’s time we gave one a good run.

• 3 Roppa // May 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM

If Ashley retains Pardew as manager for next season, it will show a complete lack of ambition, & moreover, contempt for the supporters of NUFC – who have, with the exception of 5~ 6 games this season (10%), seen their team outplayed / outperformed by almost every team they have played against – despite us having by far the better players. Pardew is a loser, who has failed to win a major trophy in 15 years as a manager. To retain his services after all season long he has been exposed as being incompetent, is an insult to all NUFC fans!

• 4 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM

jamiemac, well look at chelsea, last year they changed managers, won the champions league, this year, changed their manager, won the europa league and qualified for the champions league.
    now look at newcastle, last year, one manager done really well, this year, same manager, done appallingly, I think it’s time for a change, there is evidence it works

• 5 Laurent Robert 32 // May 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Stability with poor foundations is guaranteed collapse.

• 6 G // May 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM

The way AP has been speaking about the Colo situation, would seem to portray that Colo has all the power in this. I’m fairly certain there is a contract that suggests otherwise, with his signature on it?

• 7 Jamiemac // May 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Yeah but your chelseas/citys have bag fulls of money. Any manager could come into them and do well. I would bet my life on the fact that if Moyes was sacked when Everton finished 17th they would be nowhere near where they are today.

• 8 Laurent Robert 32 // May 18, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Right on, Roppa.

• 9 MacToon // May 18, 2013 at 12:27 AM

It is actually the norm now in Europe and South America to change managers after a few years, not saying I want that here neccesarily but we can always live in hope we’ll hit the jackpot someday, I just don’t see it with either Pardew or Ashley here. Always live in hope though :sigh:
    I’ve wasted another year of my life hoping we’ll be succesful or atleast entertaining, I’m rapidly running out of years to waste.

• 10 Mister Tuff // May 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Percy isn’t exactly saying Ashley said he’s safe. He is saying he believes he will be the manager next season. I hope two entirely different explanations.
    Ashley and Dastardly are the types not to stab you in the back themselves -they will throw the knife from distance or get somebody else to do the cull.
    Arsenal seem to be playing better – and we could be in for a beating on Sunday.
    Despite the Guardian story I remain hopeful that Percy will get the black spot -otherwise football oblivion beckons.

• 11 nimo // May 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Here’s one for you guys been talking to my mate who’s a scout in France asking if we’re interested in anyone but he says word is that we’re sniffing round sakho n another cb but our main priority is to get some serious premier league quality. Our scouts are mainly doing the rounds in the Belgian leagues trying to take the young talent.
    Apparently we did enquire into Rooney which was immediately knocked back as its not the challenge he wants Now everyone wants to keep it quiet as from our camp it’s embarrassing and from there side don’t want other clubs thinking only teams like ourselves are interested
    We are also monitoring modric and Ashley is thinking of making a big bid for him as not working out as planned but depends on there next manager etc. we have also enquired into van der vaart but he’s happy where he is. Looks like we are trying to buy well this year

• 12 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 18, 2013 at 12:35 AM

jamiemac, yes, but the fact is we had a good season, so there were the foundations for improvement along with the stability, and after acquiring a better squad, yes it wasn’t a huge improvement, but none the less better as we added and never lost players, we have had a dire season, proving that pardew cannot carry on his success, it’s the same with throughout his entire career, look at west ham, FA cup final 1 year, shocking the next

• 13 Jamiemac // May 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM

True mate I just think there’s not many better managers out there (if any) that would realistically take the job. He’s had one good and one bad season so I think one more should be given to see which end of the spectrum he really is at. I really enjoyed some of the football last season so I’m optimistic we can get that going again but if he was fired I wouldn’t be too fussed as long as somebody decent comes in.

• 14 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 18, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I hope if he stays he proves me wrong, I just cannot see it, but if he does stay I will get behind him, like I would a new manager, I just wouldn’t be happy about it

• 15 stuart no9 // May 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM

hang on a bit – has it been made official that pardew will start next season ? all we know is ashley went to the training ground had lunch and thanked the players.
    It is pardew who is saying “he expects to be manager next season” nothing official.
    Ashley has not yet said if he will be manager , or pardew would have said that.
    The fact that ashley has not told him to his face- and that pardew EXPECTS to me manager speaks volumes.
    Why didnt ashley tell pardew he is going to be manager next season ???? its not over yet ! maybe a vote of confidence may just be the final nail in his coffin ?

• 16 nick_9 // May 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Newccy brown – nor can I. I have been waiting to be proved wrong all season but I’m still waiting. We’ve stayed up by the skin of our teeth and have looked lacklustre all season. In pardew gets another season which I’m sure he will as its the easy option for Ashley then he needs to stop p1ssing about and realise if he doesn’t ask for players he won’t get them. None of this ‘I’m happy with the size of the squad carp” from last summer as it makes you sound like you don’t have a clue or are being the yes man many fans think you are. We need strikers, wingers and a cb, don’t scrimp and scrape and see us go short again. Get the lads passing and moving as well you dinosaur. We’re Newcastle united fans we want to be entertained or see our side go for the win, no defensive manager is going to be adored here unless we’re getting the wins, the rubbish records this season show we aren’t getting the results or the performances. I just want to some a desire to win and some improvements Alan ffs

• 17 stuart no9 // May 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM

laurent @ 5 great point- the foundations must always be built first, then the building , or the building will collapse.

• 18 stuart no9 // May 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM

laurent — sorry for repeating what you said – didnt mean to.lol

• 19 Sawbuck // May 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM

The point’ll come for mash and llambo when its cheaper to cut Colo loose than to pay up every week and that’s probably now for them.

• 20 runheed // May 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Newcastle is becoming the boring unimaginative club. A culture of boring and unimaginative football is backed up by a boring and unimaginative manager, a boring and unimaginative owner and a boring and unimaginative chairman. Just you watch, next season will be boring and unimaginative…..

• 21 stuart no9 // May 18, 2013 at 1:49 AM

alien@14I—” hope if he stays he proves me wrong, I just cannot see it, but if he does stay I will get behind him, like I would a new manager, I just wouldn’t be happy about it”

sorry mate but i just dont get you or your point.
    does that mean – if you bought a new piece of furniture , you get it delivered , and you dont like it , you would rather keep it and be miserable every time you looked at it , rather than send it back to the shop and get something you like and are happy with for your money ????

• 22 89Norcal // May 18, 2013 at 3:00 AM

runheed

A season in the PL for Newcastle is rarely boring. Maybe breathtaking, maybe maddening, maybe heart-stopping, but rarely boring :)

I think the Pardew haters club can take solace in the fact he’s on much thinner ice. I can’t see MA having issues sacking him by next Jan if we are still wallowing in the lower mid-table or getting hammered by Sunderland. The whole stigma about the 8 year contract must have had some influence.

• 23 AaranD // May 18, 2013 at 3:52 AM

We either have to keep him for the sake of ‘stability’ or get rid of him this summer. There is no point keeping him on till January, which by then the damage could be already done and we have another ‘write off’ season! Ashley has to come out with full support of Pardew or end it sooner rather than later.

• 24 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // May 18, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Just saw Pardew’s interview with Match of the day after the QPR game.

He says that the team showed “wonderful application”.

What the f**k does that mean? What does a team with ‘poor application’ look like?

Could they apply to pass the ball a bit for once? Maybe apply not to hoof it quite as much (we are after all statistically the team who uses the most long balls in the league- that’s right, more than stoke….).

The only application I want to see is that of another manager plonked on Ashley’s desk/food tray in front of the TV.

• 25 ilovetoon8788 // May 18, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Pardew remaining as manager is a very sad news if true.

Since he has been here. I find it so hard to watch our matches. I don’t quite anymore too.

The footballing is truly disgusting to watch. Since he came, we have almost zero attacking play. They look clueless with the ball.

We need a better modern European manager.

• 26 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 18, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Match day requests for Sunday – howsabouit the PA man playing the Great Escape

• 27 cyprus // May 18, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Football is first and foremost about results. But, damn it, it’s also about entertainment and we don’t do that any more…

• 28 Hatem's better than Messi // May 18, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Problem is that he’ll have a good season because everyone will be trying to get to the 2014 WC.

I could coach them next year they are self motivated.
    It’s the season after the world cup … two years time when we’ll find out about Pardew.

Sack him now – we have no style.
    0-3, 0-6 record losses – lousy to watch.

• 29 check the toastie // May 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Cabaye – French International
    Sissoko – French Internationl
    Ben Arfa – French International
    Cisse – Ivory Coast Internationl

Other ‘Experienced squad members,
    Marveaux – Class player cud be international
    Gouffran – great reputation in france, nice player
    Tiote – Ivory Coast Int,
    Gutti – Argentinian International
    Perch, Willo, Simmo, Obertan, all present last year when fifth. Haidara.

Boat loads of youngsters who played at times quite well in Europe League, who have now been dismissed as shite by this arrogant self trimmer.

Pardew is a lier when he says we lack experience, he is also a liar when he says his team play football on the front foot, he is also a liar when he says he will be manager next year.

He will get the bullet as season tickets will not be renewed with this balloon in charge, the most inept manager in the PL, would sooner have Steve Bruce, Alan Curbishley, Owen Coyle, Dave Bassett, Tony Pulis than this clown, has no idea whatsoever.

At least with Big Sam you knew what you were going to get, this clown treats every fan as a fool, the shite that spews from his mouth. Unfortunately some are taken in by him, we have been shit since he came, we were just resolute for a bit last year. Finished 5th with a negative goal difference, work that one out.

• 30 Charlietoon // May 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM

For fracks sake if someone wants him they should pay for him. As it is he is worth a great deal to us because of his skill in bringing the ball out from the backs and his leadership on the field. He is the ONLY distributor we have that operates at centre half

• 31 catchy in norway // May 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM

jamiemac

come on man, not many managers better that would work in the toon?

your right , we are not madrid or any of those top clubs, but we are a huge club in our own right, top 20 richest club in the world, a fantastic squad,
    i really dont see why we can not atrract a very good manager, im not joking when i say i would swap any other manager in the prem right now even the relegated teams, im not saying they would be my choice , but i think pardew is the worst footbAll manager in that league , he does not know or understand football, i think he reads books on how it should be played , tells everyone who will listen how we play, only problem is he forgets to inform the players,

the guy is a cancer at our club, something evil that should be removed asap, or we will start to lose vital organs, ie the good players we have

• 32 catchy in norway // May 18, 2013 at 7:42 AM

check

com on mate,

cors he needs more experienced players, not many of ours are used to fighting relegation, there normally fighting for trophies, at the other end of the table

• 33 Hatem's better than Messi // May 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Pardew was in charge when all our experienced players were sold.
    He’s also been in charge for at least two transfer windows when he could have replaced them.

So who’s fault is it that we don’t have more experienced players in our squad?

The guy insults our intelligence time and time again with these excuses.

• 34 check the toastie // May 18, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Would just like to add PARDEW MUST GO. By 6 oclock tomorrow a want Benitez to have been announced as our new manager.

• 35 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM

So we want more players who is used to fighting relegation?

…and why would we want that? there is a reason why these players are down the table every season; and there is a reason why we have found our self down there this season!

I have said this many times before you cannot buy Newcastle out of its mess long term. It needs to be fixed from inside!

• 36 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM

*within

• 37 check the toastie // May 18, 2013 at 7:51 AM

We have experienced players, in fact Jonas and Tiote play like two old age pensioners, and Cabaye is starting to look that way as well, wonder why, training and coaching must be inept.

• 38 catchy in norway // May 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM

hatem

, u have said for a very long time now that he is taking the piss out of us
    trouble is we have idiots who still believe the words that come out of his mouth, these guys claim to like football

i do put ed in this group, love the fact he provides a great site, but i fo question what he knows about football, wonder if he even likes it, for me backing pardew, is like admitting your clueless

• 39 dubzy // May 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Mike ashley must have shit in his eyes ,if he can enjoy another season of that hoofball then carry on…..theres not 1 game i can think of watching that was any better then any championship game….keeping AP as manager is bad for every NEWCASTLE UTD supporter his record specks for it self 37% WIN RATIO WHICH IS 1 OF THE WORST IN THE PREM……FORGET 2 STRIKER JUST GET 1 STRIKER AN PUT ALL OTHER EGGS IN 1 BASKET AN GET… rafa benitez if that man had our squad and an exrta striker next season we would finish top 6-8 ,ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT

• 40 Jamiemac // May 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Catchy

It’s not admitting your clueless is it really though? Those willing to back Pardew like myself haven’t been happy at all with this year however there were many games last year where we played good football. I could name you some but I did that only last week. I’d like to think now we have better players (January signings) we can start to replicate the success of last season.

On paper we’re probably joint 7th best squad in the league so I think give Pardew until January, if we’re lower than 12th boot him, if not keep him on and re-assess things in the summer.

I’m tired of us changing managers every time something goes wrong. It’s time to give one a chance like Everton and Man U did.

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM

This morning is always so quite in the morning :-) (where are all the morning ppl, parents and dog walkers?)

…we all know the youth consumed by alcohol (and that include Ibiza) will be on later!

• 42 Hatem's better than Messi // May 18, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Catchy

I’m amazed that more people aren’t angrier about the displays this season. People pay hard earned cash to watch Newcastle. They deserve better than Pardew.

I think Ed does a great job keeping fairly neutral in his articles, he’s even stropped commenting with his personal views.
    He must sit shaking his head at some of the arguments posters have with each other, myself included.
    I’m sure Ed bites his tongue sometimes.

Get angry everyone!

This is your club, show your emotions.
    Don’t accept mediocrity anymore.

PARDEW OUT!

• 43 sparky55 // May 18, 2013 at 8:08 AM

FACT…Colo doesn’t want to play in a team managed by Pardew…remember those famous words spouted out by pardew that really put the final nail in the coffin???

‘WE’RE BOTH WINNERS!!!!’ hahahaha still makes me smile every time I see that one!!

Worst possible news ever if news pardew staying is correct. I’ve hardly watched any MOTD’s this year cos we’ve been playing so poorly and losing most of the time, and the footballers in the team hate playing for him so will no doubt leave in the summer now.

You can see it now…as soon as it’s made official, 6 players will ring their agents saying ‘get me out of here’

Keeping pardew means a complete squad rebuild…sacking him and replacing him with anyone who has penchant for playing a passing game could keep this great squad together and we’d have a great chance of being in that 5th to 8th group every year and competing in the cups and mebees in the odd year competing for 4th…but keep Pardew and we’ll be struggling every year playing hoofball to Andy Carroll

Just the thought of it makes me feel sick

• 44 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 18, 2013 at 8:09 AM

*morning = blog 😉

• 45 Hatem's better than Messi // May 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM

JamieMac

But not this one. Pardew isn’t the guy we need, he’s not a good coach. He’s Championship level.

Sure go for stability with someone like Benitez.
    Can’t you see the difference in class between Benitez and Pardew?

• 46 eaststandgeordie1982 // May 18, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I am 100% going to sell my st next season game by game if pardumb is in charge im sick of watching how we play and its killing me inside.

• 47 Hatem's better than Messi // May 18, 2013 at 8:17 AM

If we get beaten tomorrow, everyone should stay instead of walking out.

It’s the last and only opportunity to show Ashley how we feel.

Pardew Out!

• 48 sparky55 // May 18, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Hatem BTM…Championship???? you’re convinced he’s that good?????

• 49 croftus5678 // May 18, 2013 at 8:17 AM

@catchy / hatem and the rest of you talking blks about fans still supporting pards ^^

just because some fans are supporting whoever is in charge and getting behind everyone at the club trying to cheer and lift there spirits so they dont hear miserable t***s like you lot with your “worst manager in the world” ect ect does not mean they are bad fans ! it infact means they will support our team through thick and thin and do not only support nufc in the good times.

i would welcome a new manager but i am not anti pards and CAN see sense in keeping him next season and i’m not pig headed enough to look for the “see i was right” comment before the wellbeing of my team.

to be a good fan you must listen to both sides of a debate and be unbiased in the opinion.

• 50 sparky55 // May 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM

croftus…we’ve listened to both sides…we’ve thought about it…we’ve processed the data and WE THINK HE’S A FCUKING MORON

• 51 discrepancia // May 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM

an on pardew- we were 14-15 when the board backed him and brought 5 players in january …
    and we are 15 nowafter 5 months
    so where is the progress

• 52 sparky55 // May 18, 2013 at 8:24 AM

The song that gets the most managers sacked and should be sung out loud tomorrow when we inevitably go1-0 down is

“you don’t know what you’re doing…you don’t know what you’re doing”

If we ensure that message rings out loud and can be heard by the FAT one on tele tomorrow night then we might have half a chance of seeing Pardew off….otherwise it’s another year of heartache for sure

• 53 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // May 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM

“Pardew is staying” !

Anyone on here, thinking he is going to be going anywhere soon, must be on the wacky bakkie?

I had thoughts about replacements: Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, Temuri Kets, even Laudrup coming from Swansea?
    There are not many Trainers who would be willing to come to Newcastle, because the Fans turn too quickly from Praise to Hate !

A lot were loving Pardew last year?

When Sir Alex and Moyes took over at Manure and the Toffee,s, (some of the kids on here would,nt remember that?)
    Their first few years were not very successful either, and before anyone here starts throwing insults, i know Manure have had money and investment over the years! It took Manure and the Toffee,s years to build up their success.
    Those Clubs did,nt manage to do that by changing their Trainer every time they had a bad season?
    This is the main reason, i think we have to stick with Pardew, despite most on here hating him? Moyes was hated by the Everton faithful back when he first went to them?

We Mags, however, are some of the most impatient, in the league, after all, it,s now been 54 years, since anything worth anything on paper has been won ! We are also Unique and i believe the best supporters in the League?

But, realistically speaking, being Newcastle Manager is like a Poison Chalice! The job almost killed JK, who just could,nt hack the pressure from either the Fans, the Press or the Club itself?
    If Pardew was sent packing today, who would be coming in to replace him ?
    Pardew,s biggest and most annoying tactic just recently is that he can,t learn to keep his Gob shut? I had preferred the silence of: “No Information about the Club at all”! than to hear the tripe that comes out in Pardew,s intervieuws!

So, summing up then, its another season with Pardew! Like it or not? More shite tactics, negative play, Hoof ball when Carroll returns and the rouination of many a good French, Argentinian, and Italian International with Negative play !
    The crying shame is that we will never know how another manager would of played the decent team which we now have?

• 54 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Jesper…By calling me a youth you do know you’re opening the door to be called old again? :)

No alcohol buddy, just hungover with work 😉

So, everyone in a good mood after reading Pardews latest offerings?

Not going to be much fun to be had on here today, is there?

• 55 eaststandgeordie1982 // May 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Wow comparing pardew with fergerson thats amazing, stability has to come with a good manager stability with a bad manager does not work if he stays i can see a few players wanting out so where does that leave us.

• 56 magpiemover // May 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM

remember chris hughton saying his job was safe and a week later he was gone i really think this could be the same situation lads i have not given up on the hope that he will be sacked

• 57 roshan MAGPIE // May 18, 2013 at 8:36 AM

yes hope shola goes sick of this guy

• 58 croftus5678 // May 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM

@49 sparky

is that because some of his decisions are not what you would have done ?

he’s done a lot of things last season i dont see sense in either ! personally i would have played goofy up front and pushed sissoko in midfield.
    i dont understand why we do not have a better counter attack and why we do not get players in the box for corners.

thing is he got 5th season before this and luck or not is just an excuse for those who cry it was luck then ye sure but this season is bad luck ect ect so no excuse and pards has never been in a 3rd season after a bad one when other managers have seem to have pulled it together.

a new manager may come in and get the best out of players for one season before the players get used to them in the second season and them back to square one again.
    also any decent manager will not come into our team and not be able to buy there own players ! only use what we have and any bargains we can pick up on the way.
    the risk of keeping pards for half a season is around the same as getting a new manager in imo and its only the fans pressure because we have had a bad season thats making the situation worse.

i would love to see how many take there comments back if he ever did stay and take us up the table…..just like the demba ba out crew!

• 59 jettson1971 // May 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM

@50 Discrpeancia

Great comment, after 2.5 seasons we are no further forward than where we were when CH sacked, if the mackems can sack O’Neill then surely we can get rid of a tacticless arrogant moron, who thinks way above his station!!
    Time for AP to go, he tacticless, clueless and has no plan B.

• 60 roshan MAGPIE // May 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I want pardew obertan guti shola out get out of our club

• 61 Jamiemac // May 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM

croftus and Newexpatmagpie

Some other bloggers finally talking some sense!

sparky

How is he a moron? How could a moron guide us to 5th place winning manager of the season in the process..? If you say ‘luck’ then I could say to you that this year he has been unlucky? That’s why he needs a 3rd season to balance out the 2.

As newextpatmagpie pointed out, how long would it be before catchy and co start parading BENITEZ OUT if things dont INSTANTLY go to plan?

You blame Pardew but look at the players:
    Colo – rubbish before injury, looked scared of the ball
    Tiote – appalling all season
    Anita – Can barely make 2 in a row 5 yard passes
    Cabaye – I’d be surprised if his pass accuracy was over 50%
    Cisse – How one striker can go from incredible to absolutely atrocious baffles me. If he was anywhere near form we would be mid table easily.
    Debuchy – Appalling. Headless chicken.
    Sissoko – Had 2 good games then started refusing to pass. Ran with the ball with his eyes closed.
    Mbiwa – Some good moments but far too many amateur moments when playing CB.
    Santon – Very sound going forward but sussed out quickly defensively.

Now all you ‘haters’ will probably say ‘oh it’s Pardew’s fault they’re playing rubbish.’ Why? Pardew doesn’t tell them to not make 5 yard passes which was the core of our problem. Our players this season were awful. Only positives will be Marveaux coming through and Krul.

• 62 OneAlanShearer // May 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I wonder how many of the band wagon jumping hysterical spoilt children are those that enjoyed Pardews 5th place finish last season?! Stability is what’s needed, horrendous luck with injuries before we even started the season plus not buying a minimum of 5 players and ba leaving are why we have had a poor season. Pardew tried to protect leads at times which the players did t do well at but I think he’s right that he needs leaders on the pitch which we’ve lacked, just because players are internationals doesn’t make them leaders and the best part of our first XI has been unavailable so what’s he done wrong. He kept the team motivated until January, they stuck a sticky plaster over the situation and colo got back just in time to save our skins. A summer of transfers and we’ll come out fighting. Have a backbone people. Sick of the scapegoat mentality, I bet we finish top half easily next season, easily. Cue abuse for disagreeing with the bandwagon.

• 63 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

discrepancia…The January signings were to prevent relegation for this season, as we were already spirlaling. I don’t know many teams who can just throw 5 new players in, from a different league, in the midst of a relegation battle and look different class.

Whether Pardew stays or not, the squad will be better for it next season. They’ve had a baptism of fire and with a pre-season with the rest of the team they should be a lot better.

On the matter of Pardew “fans”, the issue is not that you dislike Pardew, there are plenty of reasons not too, as there are reasons to take the view that he will do better next season, the issue is when anti-Pardew fans start labeling the pro-Pardew lot clueless, blind, non ambitious, not real fans, etc, etc.

That also goes the other way, just because someone doesn’t believe in Pardew, doesn’t mean they’re not a Newcastle fan.

Everyone would benefit from not making it personal, we all have different ideas, but we all do love the toon, right?

• 64 sparky55 // May 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

dont agree croftus…keeping pardew means we’ll lose our good players because they hate playing for him…it means a rebuild and I’d rather get someone in who can keep the squad together and get them playing football again…much less hassle than rebuilding the squad after all our good players have left.

Less disruption the better and keeping pardew = massive disruption

• 65 Hatem's better than Messi // May 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

croftus

The problem is that anyone could coach us to a top ten place next season.
    We have a team full of young internationals and the WC is looming.

It’s the season after the WC when you need a quality coach.
    So no I won’t be taking back anything I’ve said if Pardew does well next year. The year after sure … but that would mean about 160+ Pardew press conferences (pre and post) … no thanks.

• 66 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // May 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM

@54:

Iwould never ever compare Pardew with Ferguson or Moyes who:

In managerial capacity are leagues ahead of Pardew in Managerial skill and use of tactics?

My point was that, at the start of their club careers at their prospective clubs, they too were not all that popular with their fans and most certainly so in MOYES case?

• 67 Hatem's better than Messi // May 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Ibiza

Shame about people using the words “clueless”.

Wasn’t it you and OV that used the word “negger” all the time?

• 68 Jamiemac // May 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Anyway got to run.. Have a good day all.

• 69 sparky55 // May 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Sorry Jamiemac…we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one…all the french players in our team we’re brought up to play the 5m pass from a very young age in a country who are light years ahead of us from a training perspective and since they’ve arrived in the UK and had Pardew coach them they’ve become inept…why is that then???

Most of our team are internationals…you don’t get to be an international nowadays without knowing how to play football the modern way…so why are they collectively playing so badly???

Maybe something to do with the manager and coaches??

• 70 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Hatem….It was Hatem and the word was dropped upon request (yes, some took a little longer than others). Truth is, I believe the word is meant to mean someone is being negative, which I struggle to see how they weren’t being?

I get to some degree how that particular phrase, being close to what is an awful word to use may cause offense, hence the refrain from using it, but it’s actual meaning? Not really.

It would be like me taking offense to being called a fence sitter.

Have to say I like this theory you’re using that the players will automatically inspire themselves next season due to the World Cup, funny really, you’d think if they disliked Pardew so much and wanted out they’d try and inspire another club in to buying them and not serving up the dross we’ve had this year.

• 71 eaststandgeordie1982 // May 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Fergie was told that he had one game to keep his job and he won it, moyes had them playing better football they could see it was changing. Yes we finished 5th we had alot of bad performances aswell, but how bad were chelsea and liverpool that season now they have changed managers look at them now. I want stability but i cant see pardew being the man for the job.

• 72 croftus5678 // May 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM

@63 sparky

thats fair enough its what your thinking and no one knows if its true or not just yet.

i’m hoping its false tbh as the players are all coming out and saying theres no rift and they will be better next year and the only worry for me atm is collo unless ofc a big team with big money comes in for someone a-la ba then i’ll probably understand them going (apart from simpson and some that dont cut the mustard)

more interested in the signings coming in tbh the strikers/wingers that will not make us so dependant on cisse.

• 73 stuart no9 // May 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM

charlietoon@29 is it some sort of secret, but ,,who are you talking about ????????

• 74 Rotonda heights // May 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Pardew – I Will Remain Manager – There’s No Uncertainty

What a truly horrible and depressing headline to wake up to.

Chants for tomorrow

Pardew for England
    Rafa Benitez

etc etc

• 75 croftus5678 // May 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM

@68 sparky

pls bare in mind these guys are new to the prem which is a lot better than the french league and that they are playing with players who they have not played with before so they need to learn there games ect and yes pards will have put a lot of pressure on them to get results so they would not have chance to do that and we pressure pards to put pressure on ect.

i hope the lads come good next season as esp mbiwa was a class player and with some no pressure teambuilding he could be our formula for a solid defence.

• 76 archaeomag // May 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Shola must sleep better in his bed now the fans have found someone else to slag of . .

• 77 The Guru Munro // May 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM

God people are so manipulative of the facts in order to strengthen their arguments.

Do not listen to these people that throw the name of Ferguson and Moyes into the same context of Pardew. They are talking rubbish.

Ferguson pre Man Utd had won lots at Aberdeen and had overthrown the old firm and taken a small Scottish club to become European champions. the reason a select group of fans wanted him out was due to the fact they hadn’t won anything under him after 3 seasons not because their very talented team were in a relegation dog fight. Ferguson had promised to topple the Scousers and this promise had not come true.

Moving onto Moyes. Everton fans had been used to relegation battles, awful football and mediocrity for 10 years before Moyes showed up. He took a very poor set of players and in his first 2 seasons got them playing decent football. They flirted with relegation but the quality on the pitch and the apparent change of direction warranted another chance for the man. It was noted how weak his team was and most Everton fans wanted to stick with him due to the fact they felt their team had no more potential than a weak PL side. Moyes has changed that but they are hardly successful. They are a top 8 team that hasn’t win anything in the 11 years under Moyes and in fact won more in the 11 years previous.

Stop looking at twitter for information and turning the sentences into bullshit essays comparing Pardew to anything these 2 have done. This is a unique case that deserves to be treated individually.

Your argument carries not validity and has less weight than a helium balloon. Pardew must be sacked for the future of our club.

Not for next season, or the one after but for the next, 10, 20 or even 50 seasons.

We are going nowhere quick and his ever lasting legacy over the next 7 years will be hoof ball and mediocrity.

• 78 Hatem's better than Messi // May 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Ibiza

Who knows if Pardew is allowed to continue to badly coach our squad perhaps some will tell their agents they want to move on. Perhaps they all enjoy life together in the NE and will just endure Pardew? I don’t know.
    The WC self-motivation is obvious though?

• 79 bzak12 // May 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Pardue must be deluded if he thinks he is safe and will find out tomorrow where he stands with the fans.
    He has been on thin ice all season but signed his resignation letter with the Liverpool game.
    Has anyone heard of talk of a bedsheet protest at tomorrows game calling for Pardue Out?

• 80 archaeomag // May 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM

@ Hatyem
    Who Knows?

• 81 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Hatem….Perhaps they will, that I am always open to and have said many times, if there is a problem between Pardew and the players then Pardew must be sent packing.

They have already said, whether true or not, that they will be looking to bring in a new or some new coaches to assist Pardew. It is yet to be seen whether this means a coach with a different skill set, if it is then we should see some improvement to the playing style whilst keeping some stability.

The WC point will be true to some extent, I just find it * Not sure what word to use* that you’ve already taken any credit for next season away from Pardew. He may as well not even come in to work for the next year then.

• 82 croftus5678 // May 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM

@79

my attention will be on steve harper tomoz

• 83 south coast toon // May 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM

well if hes stayin lets hope we are all wrong, but for god sake send someone else out to do the interviews because if we,d played crap we dont want to be insulted being told we were good etyc,i,d like to see a class manager come here like benitez but if that aint happening id rather stick with pards until one can be found, dont think bringing martinez ect in would make to much difference hes been at wigan sometime and look were they are, just worried we going to have cisse isolated all season again,and maybe we aint going to attract the better players we need but hay ho this is what its like to surport the toon

• 84 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Morning Ibiza…you most not work yourself this hard mate 😉

…by the way had a conversation with Ruddy the other day (and read up on your conversation) about Parks and Rev! Glad you like it and I found it funny Ruddy was making references to “Ron Swanson” being the greatest TV charecter ever (just like I had told you ;)) lol

• 85 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Jesper…I try not too :)

I noticed that, you need to be careful or you’ll be called out as being the same person!

• 86 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I try not to*

Apologies, have run out of coffee, tea isn’t cutting it all.

• 87 Laurent Robert 32 // May 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

If people can’t see the awful tactics that he’s enforced since he’s got here then there’s not much hope of understanding why it’s bad in the future, if he stays.

Look at all those West Ham fans and Charlton fans, theu’re saying exactly tue same things that are happening now.

• 88 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Ibiza…no worries mate 😉 I am hitting all the wrong keys on this pad as well!

…haha would be funny if ppl started to think Ruddy had multiple posters!

By the way I woke up the other day in cold sweat shaking because I dream Pardew had be replaced by no other than Steve Bruce (then I realizes I had read that horible bit of news on here)

*what a releave that was! lol

• 89 Hatem's better than Messi // May 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Ibiza

Just stick a big photo of Rio de Janiero up in the dressing room so that the players walk passed it on their way to the pitch.

Pardew could be in for more awards. (Bet he doesn’t give me any credit in his acceptance speeches!)

• 90 Laurent Robert 32 // May 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I’ve come to the point where I couldn’t watch the screen to look at his illusionary facial expressions yesterday on SkySports. Just listening to him was making me very uncomfortable.

He’s so comfortable with lying that it’s actually just highlighting his arrogant personality.

On a positive side, Harps will get a great reception.

• 91 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM

*dream = dreamt

• 92 jonobbad // May 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Newexpatmagpie
    Maybe if pardew tried the wackie baccy we might show more imagination as a team.

Forget injuries
    Forget europa cup
    Forget league position
    Forget manager of the year
    And one person tell me you still love watching the football we play.
    Other than one or two games, I have found myself hating the football and getting bored and thinking about switching off.
    Pardew needs to go now.
    All you people saying give him six months. … er you guys were saying that before this january, he has had new players had time to improve and what did we get? 3 0 to scum and 6 0 to liverpool.
    Imo if you want whats best for the club then you also want pardew out!
    Hwtl

• 93 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Jesper…I had that same problem. Steve Bruce, give me a break :)

I think Ruddy does have another username, I think it’s Iantoon or something (Ruddy and Ian, light hearted humour :) )

Hatem…If it does us well I can handle that.

• 94 stuart no9 // May 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM

croftus@ 48- sorry mate your post is nonsense and is designed to get a response for an argument as opposed to stating a factual comment.

your wrong . We care about our team , we dont like too see , what our team have become . You are someone who goes to the match – meet your mates before the game- have a pint with them – watch the match – go home. it is probably something you have done for years .to you it is a day out . regardless of how they perform, .
    We want better football ! why is that so bad,?–

-if you need to question anyone’s loyalty i suggest you start with your own as you have never truely wanted pards to do well and not wanting that for our club is appauling. ————

We have wanted pards to do well – the fact is = HE HASNT , -open your eyes man.————–

why. ? what on earth has that got to do with being a good fan???????total rubbish.

sorry but your comments dont make any sense at all – but then again you are are pardew fan !!!!!!

• 95 Ginger // May 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Well, it looks like old Alan Pardew is staying. Since he is, I think we need to adress these following things or we’re just going to get into deeper sh*t:

1. Fix set pieces, doing the same thing over and over again is simply moronic.

2. Find a formation that is fluid and will work with our players. Don’t pretend we’re using 4-3-3 then go into 4-4-2 two minutes into the match.

3. Drop players that aren’t in form. What’s the point off having a big squad if you’re not going to rotate the players when they do bad? Cough cough GUTTIEREZ cough cough.

4. Use your substitutions more wisely. If we’re losing one nill, don’t swap a CDM for a CAM… It’s moronic to say the least.

5. Either fire John Carver or focus more on attacking. We look unimaginative going forward, so if it’s true that Pardew does defensive work four times a week… Stuff him. Let John Carver experiment with them. If not, sack John Carver.

6. Don’t buy English players unless there young or a good value for money. I do not want to see terrible English players in here just because there English.

7. Loan youngsters out if you’re not going to use them. There’s no point keeping them here as they’ll gain nothing.

8. Focus more on the cups. We have a rather good squad, so give those who don’t get much of a chance in the cup games. But still field a strong side.

9. Don’t hold onto one goal leads, I think it has worked once or twice this season other then that Pardew has cost us many points. I wonder were we would be if he continued attacking.

10. Sack the medical team. What the heck actually goes on in there? Do they get tortured? Far too many injuries.

11. Stop making up excuses. Learn to take the blame for once.

12. Utilize attacking players more. Marveux should play as many games as possible, he is one hell of a talent and hopefully we’ll get to see that next season.

13. Play players in their right position.

14. Clear out the dead wood.

15. Invest in positions we actually need, for example wingers. There’s no point in signing another fifty CDM’s just to play them on the wing anyway.

That’s all I can think of this early morning.

• 96 Indian Magpie // May 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM

People talk about how this Utter rubbish manager got us 5th, but since then he has only talked about finishing top 10

• 97 stuart no9 // May 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM

jamiemac@ 61—— why were all those players good international players , but as you said , are c//p now ??? and WHO bought them ??????

• 98 hazzy // May 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Although I am by no means a fan of Pardew or his style of football (In fact I have been calling for his head for months), I do think we should give him another chance and put this season down to bad luck. If we look at the Prem Table were only 7 points off 8th position and if someone can honestly say we would not have got another 7 points if our team had not been decimated then I would have to disagree.
    Our squad right now is more than enough for the Prem and two cups next season maybe need another Striker and replace anyone who leaves. I am confident we’ll challenge top 6 and with a good run maybe top 4 again.

• 99 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // May 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM

At the end of the day Lads we all want the same thing ?

If that is with or without Pardew? I just don,t care as long we get half decent football every game at St James and start winning away games with attractive football ? As for the criticism about twisting facts to win an argument???

@77:

I have never used Twitter in my life! Would,nt know where to start with it? As for twisting facts, and being manipulative??
    Well you can say that about me if you,de like, but the fact is at the end of the day it is,nt going to make a difference either way ! For the time being, Pardew will be staying me-thinks!
    I,me thick skinned and have had comments on here much stronger than you can come up with!

As for the other two managers, i don,t doubt for one minute that thay have achieved more in their long club carreers than Pardew will ever achieve at any club, let alone us?

Now, i have other things to do and will come on here again this evening! BYE,BYE!

• 100 stuart no9 // May 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

jamiemac@61 — can you really not work out why these players have gon from goo to bad ? you have said it yourself , they are now “FOR SOME REASON” poor . got it,- have you twigged on now . surely you must now know WHY they arnt performing ????? com on jamie , i’ll give you a clue- whos job is it to get the players playing ???????? there you are think about that one , you may come up with answer!

previous post: Pardew – I Will Remain Manager – There’s No Uncertainty