Newcastle Need Two Players In Quickly This Summer

After the game yesterday we were in no way criticizing the performance of our lads in the Arsenal game – in that first half we were the better side, and the game could have gone either way – but of course if Newcastle had won it 1-0 things would have felt a lot different today – and a lot better.

newcastle players lap of homor

Newcastle players on lap of honor yesterday

But the season was not decided on the last game, and it was the last six games, and the previous two home defeats that have put a damper on our season.

And so we ended up 5th bottom – and we just have to hope that the team can come back next season and play like we played last season – and challenge for a top six position – that must be the goal.

Steven Taylor seems determined to put things right next season, and he had this to say in the Evening Chronicle today:

“We can’t wait to ram the words down their throats.” “We will make St James’ Park a fortress again.” “And we’ll make sure we have teams on the back foot all the time.”

“Arsenal came here and were nervous. We’ll make sure that teams can’t play and are under pressure next season.” “We’ve had people trying to jump on the bandwagon and cause problems.”

“I have been here 10 years and seen it so many times.” “We sat and talked about it in the dressing room afterwards as a group.” “And we know that people will try to cause arguments or say whatever they have to say.’

“That performance against Arsenal shows that we are together.’ “Next season we can’t wait to get going again.” “It will be difficult pre-season and the gaffer has made that clear.”

“But after the summer we’ll be back and we’ll enjoy it and get back to business.” “It has been a hard season as a football club.” “As players we have to accept that.”

“Next season we can kick on.” “There’s no Europe.” “But we’ve got a small squad and hopefully we can add a few.” “Let’s see if we can get back to winning ways.”

“Injuries and suspensions haven’t helped or players playing out of position, but it was important to put on a display to send the fans home with some hope for next year.”

“The Liverpool game was in people’s memories so it was vital to put in a good performance.” “You can see that we played with some freedom because the pressure was off our shoulders.”

We still don’t know what happened in the Liverpool game – which was our worst home defeat since 1925 – and the performance was certainly one to match that.

But we have to look forward now, and the first thing this week is the meeting of the minds of Ashley, Llambias, Pardew and others, and then presumably what comes out of that meeting is our transfer targets for this summer.

Getting a couple of good players through the door early this summer, would help to lift the mood of Newcastle supporters – that’s for sure.

And if the news was to be believed,  that was the plan before we collapsed against Sunderland and Liverpool, and got ourselves in relegation trouble – so it  could still happen.

We really hope it does.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Rainrix

May 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Erm whose words is he talking about there?

• discrepancia

May 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

if anyone doubt what kind of manager benitez is and how could compare to pardew :

• niafron

May 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Paris will make an offer for Benitez. You can forget about him…

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Rainrix…Noticed you mentioned Neville Neville earlier. I met his brother in Australia a few years back, nice bloke.

Who would call their kid Neville Neville. Clearly hated him 🙂

• Alan_Pard_Who

May 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Ibizatoon

In your support of Sack Llambias’s continues regurgitation of other people’s post you’re trying to set an unwelcome precedent.

Supporting this idiot not only encourages him to post more idiocy, but it also welcomes him to steal others well thought out arguments to continue trolling.

You used to be the well balanced individual who would see the validity from all sides by digesting the thoughts of others.

Recently you have started down a path from which there may be no return by insulting your own intelligence with bias and ill structured opinion.

I have a high opinion of you but recently you have become everything you used to hate, a nonsensical radical who would rather find peace through denial than face war in order to stand by your convictions.

U am sure you have hated

• gazzaforever

May 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I dont like benitez, and paris is about to sign naples coach

• WWYCD

May 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Ibiza
    I am currently reading Gary Neville’s autobiography and it explains why he has the name purely down to the inherited stubbornness within the family rather than hatred

• Alan_Pard_Who

May 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM

* I am sure you have hated this season as much as anyone else but you are refusing to grieve and accept the truth and by wanting to kill what you perceive to be negativity you are lowering your usually high standards of integrity.

• Rainrix

May 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Ibiza…. Perhaps they just have a crippling lack of originality, or maybe they just wanted to mindfudge the entire world. Either way his parents were trolls 🙂

• tom68

May 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Alan_Pard_Who

Well said mate spot on.

• Sack Llambias

May 20, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Alan Pard who
    I have merely posted a few I thought were good. A lot are just not worth reading and it takes so long to get through them. I won’t re-post but you are going over the top.

• DokToon

May 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM

gmorning all,

my two cents:

this season can be compared to relations with a girl (or guy, for the ladies on here) you thought the world of, then once you got them into bed, it was nothing liked you pictured it would be…no fireworks, no spark, no passion…

once it was done, all you could think was, “glad thats over”…

• Sack Llambias

May 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Alan
    Why call me an idiot? Have you read some of the posts on here.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Alan_Pard_Who…Behave 🙂

Firstly, people have reposted others points for as long as I can rememeber on this blog. I didn’t know this was something Sack Llambias did religiously.

I generally do read through most of the posts on this blog on a daily basis and yes, there are good points from both camps, as well as dross from both camps.

Can you tell me what the difference is between the following:

1) “I for one like to read through the positive and negative posts or chose to ignore individual posters if they are bordering on insane.”

2) “By saying you wished not to sit through something’s and read through the things you believe in is a step down from your once proud persona.”

Aren’t both supporting the idea of filtering what one would deem rubbish?

Another question, what does “U am sure you have hated” mean?

As for your critique of me, am I really in danger of losing peoples respect? I best change my methods quickly.

• niafron

May 20, 2013 at 2:56 PM

@Gazzaforever

Naples want to sign Benitez… But Naples’coach come below Benitez in PSG’s priority, anyway, those are the reports of the french press.

• Jail for Ashley

May 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM

For what it’s worth,I quite enjoy the posts from sack Llambias.

• Sack Llambias

May 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Ibizatoon
    Sorry that you have to be bothered by this. Those complaining need to look at some of the posts this morning. I am off.

• Indian Magpie

May 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM

did any 1 see this

indykaila News ?@indykaila 15h
    According to north east sources, #Pardew was acting very strange behind the scenes today. Interesting week ahead for him. #NUFC

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Yo…Lies! It can only be a question of hate 🙂

Rainrix…Name trolls, like it.

Alan…Thanks for clearing up that last line for me.

Every toon has hated this season for sure. However, we are allowed to draw different conclusions as to what the problems are. That’s not refusing to accept what you deem to be the truth, it’s just the way we see it.

I for one am not convinced Pardew is the man to take us forward. I’m also not convinced he’s as bad as many make out. I know without much doubt that there are areas in which we can improve our set up, without firing the manager and am of the opinion these should be addressed first. Disgusting approach!

I have always said that if Ashley has more ambition for us then he will go and get a better manager and i’d have no issue with that. That doesn’t appear to be the case, does it? If we force his hand, do you really think he’s going to bring in an improvement? I get the feeling we’d be forcing a like for like replacement which will get us nowhere.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Sack…No worries, I threw my opinion in there 🙂

Anyway, I hope you’ve learned your lesson. It’s okay to repeat posts if the majority agree with them, otherwise it’s a big no no!

Jail…Careful, you may risk your integrity!

• Dragon64

May 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM

1st time so here goes.
    supported this crap for over 40 yrs now and now fed up of supporting them.
    it will never change at newcastle you always say as we always do next yr will be diffrent and it never is.
    the game against the bin dippers was the last straw he should of gone then and if we had gone down so be it. if he’s still there at christmas it will be too late why wait until then get rid now.
    i don’t reply thinking that he is the one when he is not and if the grammer upsets anyone get a life that all i have to say on my one post….thanks

• Alan_Pard_Who

May 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

People who do not fear losing the respect they have earned are either in denial or arrogant.

The difference between the 2 is that I will chose to read through 100 comments to find interesting points. Everyone has a voice that is deserved to be heard, but if they use that voice and it is a pollutant, then they deserve to be ignored.

What you were asking for is pure filtration of the blog so that only those with positivity can be heard because you don’t want to read the other posts.

Part of being on a public forum is hearing opposing views, something you used to do respectably and with great dignity,

Have you become so dissatisfied and disillusioned that you no longer have patience to hear opposing voices and would rather everyone accept that the opinion of those that Sack Llambias posted are the only ones that matter or are true?

It isn’t a critique of such, as i have no right to critique you, it is just an observation.

I know you won’t care what I think of you, my issue is you used to care about what others had to say and you used to be a levelled person whom everyone felt was the voice of reason. Recently you have used that voice without its usual reason that we have become accustomed to and hugely appreciate.

I know you are tired and exhausted on a footballing level, as are we all, but you shouldn’t lose what made you so unique.

I used to religiously read your every post as it seemed to find the centre between true truth and falseness in every word spoken.

Now I must admit I breeze through your posts like it was another Ketsbia dream team.

If you want people to repost then it has to be balanced and I think it is good for people to read other people’s opinions but not when it is used as propaganda by an individual who is obviously suffering from multiple personality disorder, is no better than a internet troll and cannot find a cohesive argument in his own mind (s).

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Alan_Pard_Who…You have taken one comment from me and made it my gospel approach to the blog?

I am on here almost every day and read pretty much every single post, and as you admit, am known for chatting to pretty much everyone and their mother, no matter what there viewpoint.

I find it bordering on pathetic that as today I didn’t read through 200+ posts and had the cheek to say that I thought that 3 points that had been reposted were valid, that all of a sudden I am not open to reason or debate.

I have not said anywhere that I want the blog filtered. Stop jumping to conclusions.

I think you’ll find this started as you took to being out of order to someone who felt the need to re-post some bits he found interesting throughout todays offerings. And I’m the one trying to filter the content?

If you look closely, you should be able to see you’re more guilty than I of what you accuse me of doing.

Anyway, I don’t want to get in to this really, I don’t see what any of us have to gain. I suppose I shall be condemned to Kets status, sorry to have let you down.

• croftus5678

May 20, 2013 at 9:22 PM

@23 ibiza

is it try to pick on ibiza day ?
    just ignor it as i havent seen you change and tbh i dont think you can change the person you are.