Our Man Of The Match – A Great Acquisition For Newcastle

We were big fans of Mapou Yanga-Mabiwa before he arrived at Newcastle in the summer, and of the five new Frenchmen he’s probably performed the best – along with Yoan Gouffran, who again looked good yesterday – but we still don’t know what Alan Pardew keeps taking him off in the second half.

mapou yanga-mbiwa 98

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – what a player this lad can become at Newcastle

Mapou was our Man of the Match in the last game of the season and we though he was outstanding at left back – and maybe full back is his best position, although he;s played very well in each position across the back four in his 20 appearances for Newcastle.

This lad is going to be tremendous acquisition and he has the leadership and guts to make him a firm Newcastle favorite in the future.

Mapou got 36% of the vote followed by Steve Harper, who had a steady and strong game in his 199th and final appearance for the Magpies, after 20 years at the club.

Steve would be a great buy for some club on a two-year deal – and maybe Lee Clark at Birmingham will sign him this summer, to replace Jack Butland who joins Stoke City.

Here are the results of our Man of the Match poll for yesterday – and it’s still open if you want to vote.

And we point out that two of the top four were new signings in January, and Sissoko and Haidara are out injured – so the five new players in January could all turn out to be excellent signings for the club in the long term.

Now there’s a positive thought! 😀

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• DokToon

May 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM

repost:

gmorning all,

my two cents:

this season can be compared to relations with a girl (or guy, for the ladies on here) you thought the world of, then once you got them into bed, it was nothing liked you pictured it would be…no fireworks, no spark, no passion…

once it was done, all you could think was, “glad thats over”…

• TurkishFan101

May 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM

@DokToon

Are you seriously relating s_ex to to Newcastle’s season?

• Jail for Ashley

May 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Having his sizable pockets used to house elephant dung is too good for Ashley .

• Indian Magpie

May 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM

did any 1 see this

indykaila News ?@indykaila 15h
    According to north east sources, #Pardew was acting very strange behind the scenes today. Interesting week ahead for him. #NUFC

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM

pre season for our january players will be huge, they can reach their potential and we become a force again, if they do and we sign 4 players we could be top 6

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Dok….Good morning sir.

Sadly, we need to get in bed with this girl again 🙂

• Markaccus

May 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Yanga was class.

Late here today. I can see that i have missed nothing different.

• Rainrix

May 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Dok…. Wait, theres suppose to be a different reaction to love making other than “thank god its over” ? Have i been doing it wrong? 🙂

• ToonMauritius

May 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

good afternoon mates,
    our chance of getting Benitez seem to be very slim

• Jail for Ashley

May 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

And since Mike Ashley arrived we have had three of our worst  seasons in the Premier League ever – 2007-2008 (43 points), 2008-2009 (34 points) and now 2012-2013 (41 points).
    I have done some research and found Pardew was only here for one of those seasons while a very rich fat bloke was here for all three.

• WWYCD

May 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM

JfA
    I don’t see ur point….wait….ur saying that…..nope gone

Maybe ur losing ur touch 🙂

• Tsunki

May 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Indy Kaila – self-promoting ITK who used to be good at 2nd guessing. Used to be, that is. I will promote him a point if his Rafa predicition comes true though 🙂

• Alan_Pard_Who

May 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM

People who do not fear losing the respect they have earned are either in denial or arrogant.

The difference between the 2 is that I will chose to read through 100 comments to find interesting points. Everyone has a voice that is deserved to be heard, but if they use that voice and it is a pollutant, then they deserve to be ignored.

What you were asking for is pure filtration of the blog so that only those with positivity can be heard because you don’t want to read the other posts.

Part of being on a public forum is hearing opposing views, something you used to do respectably and with great dignity,

Have you become so dissatisfied and disillusioned that you no longer have patience to hear opposing voices and would rather everyone accept that the opinion of those that Sack Llambias posted are the only ones that matter or are true?

It isn’t a critique of such, as i have no right to critique you, it is just an observation.

I know you won’t care what I think of you, my issue is you used to care about what others had to say and you used to be a levelled person whom everyone felt was the voice of reason. Recently you have used that voice without its usual reason that we have become accustomed to and is hugely appreciate.

I know you are tired and exhausted on a footballing level, as are we all, but you shouldn’t lose what made you so unique.

I used to religiously read your every post as it seemed to find the centre between true truth and falseness in every word spoken.

Now I must admit I breeze through your posts like it was another Ketsbia dream team.

If you want people to repost then it has to be balanced and I think it is good for people to read other people’s opinions but not when it is used as propaganda by an individual who is obviously suffering from multiple personality disorder, is no better than a internet troll and cannot find a cohesive argument in his own mind (s).

• Markaccus

May 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM

What was indy kialas rafa prediction?

• Markaccus

May 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Bloody hell! Even mr neutral ibiza is being pulled to bits now. This blog is doooooommed 😀

• Markaccus

May 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

…..although my arrival seems to have brutally murdered the blog.

• sirjasontoon

May 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Indy Kaila IS A CNUT !

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Wouldn’t want it to be missed now, would we?

Alan_Pard_Who…You have taken one comment from me and made it my gospel approach to the blog?

I am on here almost every day and read pretty much every single post, and as you admit, am known for chatting to pretty much everyone and their mother, no matter what there viewpoint.

I find it bordering on pathetic that as today I didn’t read through 200+ posts and had the cheek to say that I thought that 3 points that had been reposted were valid, that all of a sudden I am not open to reason or debate.

I have not said anywhere that I want the blog filtered. Stop jumping to conclusions.

I think you’ll find this started as you took to being out of order to someone who felt the need to re-post some bits he found interesting throughout todays offerings. And I’m the one trying to filter the content?

If you look closely, you should be able to see you’re more guilty than I of what you accuse me of doing.

Anyway, I don’t want to get in to this really, I don’t see what any of us have to gain. I suppose I shall be condemned to Kets status, sorry to have let you down.

• Rainrix

May 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Markaccus…. Not just killed it you’ve murdered, cut it up and then mailed the parts back to its wife. Well done sir fine blog killing! 🙂

• ToonMauritius

May 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM

the blog is deserted, may be all the lads are disappointed due to our poor season in the league

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Tsunki….Self promoting? Bit harsh. It’s not like this ITK always starts sharing news with “Big news coming up…”

I see no good reason to not have faith 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM

SirJason…Is that a cashew nut? Todays abbreviations really confuse me 😉

• WWYCD

May 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Ibiza
    Condemned to Let’s status? U assume u were ever held in a higher regard? 🙂

• Alan_Pard_Who

May 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

All in all this blog is in regression as one of the most interesting, informative and credible NUFC forums on the Internet.

The regulars have an agenda to create their own personal blog with rules that all must abide by.

It is supposed to be open to all people and we are supposed to talk about the good and bad about nufc.

Things are bad at the minute so we should accept that, talk about how to improve it and find ways to move forward.

With the angry JFA unable to offer anything other than attacks on Ashley, the seven sides of Ian Toon, the self important loudmouth of Yo Yo and the now sterile voice of the new and improved Ibizatoon this blog is on its knees amongst many others the blog is on its knees.

• Just seen the new England home kit.

Looks really horrible in my opinion.

• WWYCD

May 20, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Kets bloody auto correct!

• Ashton

May 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Can you imagine Pardew staying and we sign Carrol next season?? It would be a long ball galore! We’ve played the most long balls in the league this season even though we don’t have a target man and cisse is awful at winning the ball in the air but with Carrol, it’s gonna be biblical!

• Markaccus

May 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Rainrix.. that actually made me laugh ou loud. Good job my boss in the office!

Ketsbiza…. that has a ring to it, ibiza, dont you think?

• Jail for Ashley

May 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

jeezuus Christ on a bike Alan Pard who,
    Your making him out like some kind of human rights campaigner whose started using child prostitutes.

• Tsunki

May 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Shut up ketsy2 I have lost all faith in you. I hope you get filtered like coffee. Mmmmmm…coffee.

Ibiza what have you/I/We done? The blog has imploded! Press the red button! Normality and reason are defunct,

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Yo…That’s what I’m being told mate. Oh well, I suppose it was good whilst it lasted, just wish I had known sooner 🙂

Alan…Once again, only seeing it from one angle. Can the same not be said of those who want Pardew out? Very few talk about anything other than how useless Pardew is and how we need rid of him a.s.a.p. Many of them then go on to attack anyone who feels differently. But yeah, it must be us trying to cleanse the blog of a differing opinion.

• DokToon

May 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM

ibiza, good day to you too sir, and yes, we must 🙂

rain, no you havent been doing it wrong, try to move back to your home on whore island, and itll be better 😉

turkish, excuse me for trying to attempt some humor today, kryst….

• Markaccus

May 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Shane…. it cant be as bad as the most recent home strip. All that red piping seemed to give it a pink hew. Please say they have put some blue back in it

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Markaccus…It does have a certain ring to it.

Tsunki…I’m colour blind, which button is, god the pressure, errmmmm…let’s try this on…….

Coffee is a good idea.

• WWYCD

May 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Haha what the heck is going on? This is a football blog is it not? What’s with all the speeches!

On its knees indeed. Personally I’d guess that a few names have dropped off because the conversation is constantly the same, the arguments and inability to be allowed ur own opinion has gotten out of hand and because there is no news to talk about but hey I am all for blaming Ibiza and JfA

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hmm…cutting the word off early didn’t work there seeing as “on” is an actual word. Damn it all, can this day get any worse? 🙂

• Alan_Pard_Who

May 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Ibiza

“Saved me having to scroll through the endless complaints.”

That is the level of post you have been using recently and I doubt I am the only one who thinks that you have become alien to what you were once.

Maybe the jokes of being on the fence means you have descended from its neutrality and you have taken sides.

Perhaps you are fed up with all the endless Pardew out complaints?

It doesn’t really matter as my point has been made.

People are welcome to repost as much as they want regarding interesting opinions of others but when this is used as a tool by a tool then it should be highlighted not supported, that is finding the middle ground you once camped in.

You will now think me a fool and will now perhaps chose to ignore me from now on as I have seemingly insulted your pride, but I speak for many who wish the old Ibiza would return, yet I am the only one who may say it.

Good luck and I shall return when I can.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Yo…Easy now, before you know it I will be accused of being Pardew and JFA being the fat man himself…whoops, the cats well and truly out of the bag now….

• Markaccus

May 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Alan pard who wants to filter out ibizas filtering. If someone was to filter alan, then this blog would be like smirnof vodka…..TRIPPLE FILTERED! The purest blog vodka in the world. Blodka!

• Jail for Ashley

May 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I’m sitting in Newcastle airport and there is a distinct lack of black and white shirts among the holidaying families,the JD sports shop only has three pairs of Toon shorts left but a boat load of shirts displaying the wonga logo.