57% Of Fans Still Want Carroll Signed At £15M

We thought £15M would scare Newcastle away from signing Andy Carroll from Liverpool, but the results of our poll are that most fans still want him signed.

y carroll west ham

Andy Carroll – no interest yet from Newcastle

Newcastle fans by 57% to 43% think Newcastle should still go out and try to sign the Gateshead lad for £15M, although it looks like Newcastle are not interested.

It seems that Andy is still a little dubious about moving to east London and West Ham, although that may be his only option, if no other club comes in for him.

And to make matters a little bit more difficult, that heel injury he picked up last Sunday in the 4-2 win against Reading when former Newcastle captain Kevin Nolan hit a hat-trick, will now keep him out for four months and not the six weeks as initially thought.

So Andy will not be available until September, and he will miss the whole of pre-season, and it shows again that Andy misses a lot of games through injury.

Here’s the results of the poll, and the poll is still open, if you haven’t yet voted.

Should Newcastle Sign Andy Carroll for £15M?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

And there’s been some misleading reports about the 25% sell-on clause that Newcastle have with Andy Carroll – but that only clicks in if Andy is sold for more than £35M – and Liverpool get a profit,  which is not going to happen.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• 89Norcal

May 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Really strange, who are these people?

btw indykaila tweeted earlier there there will be an update on Pardew’s job on Friday.

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I want andy, but not at this price, 10M and I say yes, but 15M could get us doumbia

• HAZZY1

May 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Toon-Prodigy Like I said m8 im not to sure myself but it is the name repeated but I still think we will be stuck with Pards but we have been linked with the De Jong brothers and Adil Rami, A.Negredo, Scott Sinclair, Ryad Bouldbouz even pards must change his tactics if we sign even 3-4 of these they r all ball to feet players apart from Negredo who is a target man but can still use both feet.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

May 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Wow!

…but then again there is nothing like using other peoples money 😉

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

@ Newcastle Brown Alien

Exactly m8. Doumbia would be my dream target, the guy is scarily quick and a great finisher. Similar to Obafemi Martins but a lot better. I would have Carroll back but not for that kind of money.

• jdizzle

May 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I would love to see the De Jong brothers sign for us. Siem especially.

• Dragon64

May 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Now it’s Friday come on. Why does it take a self made billionaire so long to get rid of someone who next yr will take us down. As he is clueless and tactics beyond believe . Not rocket science

• Toon-Prodigy

May 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Hazzy,

Aye, pardew is here to stay, I very much doubt he would of came out and said he is 100% sure he will be here next season if he was on the fence in anyway.

Todays meeting was to discuss the future and to determine where it all went wrong and what can be improved I would of thought.

Harley,

Don’t base this blog on how many supporters you think Pardew has lost. There was not one boo at the game against Arsenal.

Personally, Im well and truly on the fence because I have seen enough viable problems to why we have finished where we have this season and played the poor football we have.

I know many like me aswell away from this blog. Infact I know alot. Next season will be nothing in anyway like this one, unless people want to cry at his interviews, which should be irrelevant to start with in my view.

• jimmysmith

May 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

He’s worth every penny of 15 million to a club like Newcastle.

He’s a player for the occasion, who feeds off the passion and adulation of a big crowd and who is tailor made to play in front of 50 000 screaming, adoring Geordies, and added to that at 15 two years after getting 35 for him, you are almost obligated to bring him home if he wants to come back .

Remarkable player on form and a safe as houses proposition in home games.

• HAZZY1

May 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

jdizzle No promises but im told we r back in for both Siem wanted to join last summer but we couldn’t agree price Luuk did want to come but got offered a chance in germany the 1 league he has wanted to go to but has not settled as for the rest they are just names getting banded about so will have to wait and c Martinez we should know by Fri.

• dcdick

May 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Is he still here ???

• Ballad of a Geordie

May 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Toon-Prodigy

How do you know next season will be nothing in anyway like this one? It could be worse, we could get relegated and not win the FA cup

• kevymartins

May 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I bet kets has watched this celebration 1000 times…Lol never gets old

• HAZZY1

May 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Toon-Prodig Ive also heard Pardew wants to get a coach in to help with his decisions as he knows he has made really big mistakes this yr no names yet but will let everyone know when I do.

• Joe Blog

May 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Carroll should be signed, so then he can fist Pardew up his aris, then swing him around and chuck him out of Newcastle, in a hammer throw fashion.

• jdizzle

May 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I am on the fence about Pardew. To be honest, before the Liverpool game I was pro-pardew – got us 5th last season and he did quite well in europe for the lack of experience (we were unlucky against benfica).

However, after the Liverpool game (which I went to live and on my birthday), I have to say that his tactics have been a bit dodgy in terms of how to utilise a player’s strengths

To be honest, I think last year flattered Pardew in retrospect – it is in my opinion that we got fifth because what ever Cisse touched became a goal.

• gfp13

May 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Carroll is a good player when in form but 15 million is a bit excessive to me. As for pards to be gone… I doubt he will and if he does go I don’t want Martinez in for sure

• donkey

May 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM

doumbia yerre mayby i would have him over carrol but theres no way we would get him for 15 million plus carroll already proven in the premier league getting worried if we dont sighn him back because i dont no what top striker is going to want to come to us after the season we have had

• Toon-Prodigy

May 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Ballad,

My view is..

We won’t have our best players missing for half of the season. Or at the same time for that matter. This season is a one off. We will be able to field for the most part a consistent starting 11 like the season before last.

We won’t be losing our top scorer in January.

We have no Europa league, which suits the size of our squad and quality in depth right now unlike last. This will give us more time to prepare for games and more training ground time between games.

We will be playing two or three up top with our new Striker(s) coming in instead of Cisse up on his own. More goals. We won’t see a drought like we have seen since January when Ba left.

We shouldn’t have the off the field distractions and problems such as Cabaye and Colo.

We will be building the squad once again without making the same mistakes as last summer.

• GeordieDan

May 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Carroll £15million?, Aubamayang £12 million? Bony £10 million?……..

The 1st 2 aren’t coming here this summer and the 3 rd was publicly slated by our board a few months back.

I’m starting to wonder just who exactly our targets are and if those targets decide to tell us to get stuffed because we nearly got relegated this season do we actually have a plan B, C D, E, F for all positions we need covered.

Based on past experience I have to doubt our board even have a plan A at this stage. 🙁

• GeordieDan

May 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

And let it be known here and now that I will be epiplectic? if Pardew brings in Carlton Cole as our “bosman”.

I would frog march the pair of them back to Disneyland if they think they belong at our club.

Forgot just how much I hate the transfer window BS now since that nightmare of a season started. 🙁

• donkey

May 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

wilfred Bony would love it it we got him people say hes slow playing in a week league etc but hes perfect for nufc right now got everythink you would want in a number 9

• Ballad of a Geordie

May 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Toon-Prodigy

Hahaha are you Pardew? only joking 🙂

• GeordieDan

May 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

donkey>

I think he’d be class as well but maybe not alongside Cisse.

I love Cisse but he’s not the fastest and we need at least a couple of very fast forwards in my opinion toscare defences.

Last season every defence knew that we were slow as hell and clueless going forward and that we’d end up just lumping it forward or losing possession pretty quickly.

I’d much rather have PEA or if he really has lost interest in joining us (who could blame him) another super quick up and coming striker.

• jimmysmith

May 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Pretty depressing season that. A bit difficult just shrug it off and start with a clean slate and shiny new outlook all of a sudden I imagine, especially so since Pards has been blowharding otherwise, it seems to me.

Changes will probably have to be made and quite possibly to key personnel.

Cabs and Debuchey really did trail off noticeably towards the end, Tiote was frankly a liability all season,
    HBA contributed practically nothing as examples.

There are question marks about almost the whole first team really.

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Dan, what did bony say about the board?

• Toon-Prodigy

May 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Ballad,

Wey aye im Pardew! 😉

Seriously though, next season will be totally different. The main reason im convinced is because of who we are.

This is NUFC. Always surprises in store, sometimes bad, sometimes good. I can only see progress to be made from this season minus the problems and distractions.

8 or above is nailed on through my eyes. Alot depends on this striker they bring in though.

• jimmysmith

May 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Newcastle need a marquee signing to freshen up and revitalise the squad.

Someone to lift the mood of the crowd and the players.

Not really Ash’s style though, is it.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Jimmy,

Im the total opposite, I’v wanted this season finished since March when I seen the injuries mount up again. Very easy for me to shrug this season off. If it wasn’t for our Europa exploits I would of been on Prozac for the remainder of the season 😉

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I hope that should some of our top players are sold we replace them with players of equal quality such as, siem de jong for cabaye, etienne capoue for tiote (although tiote is awful), jeremy menez for HBA etc

• GeordieDan

May 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Newcastlebrownale>

Not Bony saying it mate just when his representatives started linking his name with us in January our board went out of the way to say he’s not a player we’re even interested in and we wouldn’t take him if I remember right?

Agents always talk BS in transfer windows but if I were Bony after the season he’s just had I’d not been keen to join a club that publicly said I wasn’t good enough and just barely avoided relegation ourselves.

He should be in demand from a few clubs that did better than us and haven’t previously knocked his talents.

Like I said before I think he’d be great for us as he’s powerful and a very good finisher but we also need pace up front which he doesn’t really have from what I’ve seen.

• Cisse's Big Toe

May 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

this is why we need a barton, turned this game around

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Dan, ah right okay, I don’t know why the board would say a thing like that, the man is a beast, and we have been playing shoal, it doesn’t make sense, but that’s our board for you

• Toon-Prodigy

May 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Fast clinical forward brought in for the win!

• NUFC_LEAZES END

May 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

@toon prodigy

Are u Alan pardew by any chance? 😉

• Toon-Prodigy

May 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

• Toon-Prodigy

May 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

^^^^^^^
    According to the Daily Star He’s staying. Think we all knew that anyway didn’t we..

• Ballad of a Geordie

May 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Toon-Prodigy

I hope so, fingers crossed 🙂

• jimmysmith

May 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Toon prod, I was really thinking about the players and the need to to take steps to lift the squad in the aftermath of a season like that.

I don’t imagine you can just draw a line under it and expect to bounce straight back.

Although having said all that and clearly believing that we need this off seasonright now to re-group, I’m actually mortified there’s no more football .

I’m desperately anxious to see the team redeem itself and am missing the action terribly already.