The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

57% Of Fans Still Want Carroll Signed At £15M

11:15 pm, Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 110 Comments

We thought £15M would scare Newcastle away from signing Andy Carroll from Liverpool, but the results of our poll are that most fans still want him signed.

y carroll west ham

Andy Carroll – no interest yet from Newcastle

Newcastle fans by 57% to 43% think Newcastle should still go out and try to sign the Gateshead lad for £15M, although it looks like Newcastle are not interested.

It seems that Andy is still a little dubious about moving to east London and West Ham, although that may be his only option, if no other club comes in for him.

And to make matters a little bit more difficult, that heel injury he picked up last Sunday in the 4-2 win against Reading when former Newcastle captain Kevin Nolan hit a hat-trick, will now keep him out for four months and not the six weeks as initially thought.

So Andy will not be available until September, and he will miss the whole of pre-season, and it shows again that Andy misses a lot of games through injury.

Here’s the results of the poll, and the poll is still open, if you haven’t yet voted.

Should Newcastle Sign Andy Carroll for £15M?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

And there’s been some misleading reports about the 25% sell-on clause that Newcastle have with Andy Carroll – but that only clicks in if Andy is sold for more than £35M – and Liverpool get a profit,  which is not going to happen.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Andy Carroll · Newcastle News · Poll · Transfer News and Rumours

110 responses so far ↓

• 1 89Norcal // May 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Really strange, who are these people?

btw indykaila tweeted earlier there there will be an update on Pardew’s job on Friday.

• 2 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I want andy, but not at this price, 10M and I say yes, but 15M could get us doumbia

• 3 HAZZY1 // May 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Toon-Prodigy Like I said m8 im not to sure myself but it is the name repeated but I still think we will be stuck with Pards but we have been linked with the De Jong brothers and Adil Rami, A.Negredo, Scott Sinclair, Ryad Bouldbouz even pards must change his tactics if we sign even 3-4 of these they r all ball to feet players apart from Negredo who is a target man but can still use both feet.

• 4 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Wow!

…but then again there is nothing like using other peoples money 😉

• 5 Big Pappa Cissé // May 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

@ Newcastle Brown Alien

Exactly m8. Doumbia would be my dream target, the guy is scarily quick and a great finisher. Similar to Obafemi Martins but a lot better. I would have Carroll back but not for that kind of money.

• 6 jdizzle // May 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I would love to see the De Jong brothers sign for us. Siem especially.

• 7 Dragon64 // May 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Now it’s Friday come on. Why does it take a self made billionaire so long to get rid of someone who next yr will take us down. As he is clueless and tactics beyond believe . Not rocket science

• 8 Toon-Prodigy // May 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Hazzy,

Aye, pardew is here to stay, I very much doubt he would of came out and said he is 100% sure he will be here next season if he was on the fence in anyway.

Todays meeting was to discuss the future and to determine where it all went wrong and what can be improved I would of thought.

Harley,

Don’t base this blog on how many supporters you think Pardew has lost. There was not one boo at the game against Arsenal.

Personally, Im well and truly on the fence because I have seen enough viable problems to why we have finished where we have this season and played the poor football we have.

I know many like me aswell away from this blog. Infact I know alot. Next season will be nothing in anyway like this one, unless people want to cry at his interviews, which should be irrelevant to start with in my view.

• 9 jimmysmith // May 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

He’s worth every penny of 15 million to a club like Newcastle.

He’s a player for the occasion, who feeds off the passion and adulation of a big crowd and who is tailor made to play in front of 50 000 screaming, adoring Geordies, and added to that at 15 two years after getting 35 for him, you are almost obligated to bring him home if he wants to come back .

Remarkable player on form and a safe as houses proposition in home games.

• 10 HAZZY1 // May 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

jdizzle No promises but im told we r back in for both Siem wanted to join last summer but we couldn’t agree price Luuk did want to come but got offered a chance in germany the 1 league he has wanted to go to but has not settled as for the rest they are just names getting banded about so will have to wait and c Martinez we should know by Fri.

• 11 dcdick // May 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Is he still here ???

• 12 Ballad of a Geordie // May 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Toon-Prodigy

How do you know next season will be nothing in anyway like this one? It could be worse, we could get relegated and not win the FA cup

• 13 kevymartins // May 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I bet kets has watched this celebration 1000 times…Lol never gets old

• 14 HAZZY1 // May 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Toon-Prodig Ive also heard Pardew wants to get a coach in to help with his decisions as he knows he has made really big mistakes this yr no names yet but will let everyone know when I do.

• 15 Joe Blog // May 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Carroll should be signed, so then he can fist Pardew up his aris, then swing him around and chuck him out of Newcastle, in a hammer throw fashion.

• 16 kevymartins // May 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

This is a decent watch… http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01m1lmr/The_Premier_Leagues_Most_Amazing_Moments_Full_Version/

• 17 jdizzle // May 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I am on the fence about Pardew. To be honest, before the Liverpool game I was pro-pardew – got us 5th last season and he did quite well in europe for the lack of experience (we were unlucky against benfica).

However, after the Liverpool game (which I went to live and on my birthday), I have to say that his tactics have been a bit dodgy in terms of how to utilise a player’s strengths

To be honest, I think last year flattered Pardew in retrospect – it is in my opinion that we got fifth because what ever Cisse touched became a goal.

• 18 gfp13 // May 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Carroll is a good player when in form but 15 million is a bit excessive to me. As for pards to be gone… I doubt he will and if he does go I don’t want Martinez in for sure

• 19 donkey // May 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM

doumbia yerre mayby i would have him over carrol but theres no way we would get him for 15 million plus carroll already proven in the premier league getting worried if we dont sighn him back because i dont no what top striker is going to want to come to us after the season we have had

• 20 Toon-Prodigy // May 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Ballad,

My view is..

We won’t have our best players missing for half of the season. Or at the same time for that matter. This season is a one off. We will be able to field for the most part a consistent starting 11 like the season before last.

We won’t be losing our top scorer in January.

We have no Europa league, which suits the size of our squad and quality in depth right now unlike last. This will give us more time to prepare for games and more training ground time between games.

We will be playing two or three up top with our new Striker(s) coming in instead of Cisse up on his own. More goals. We won’t see a drought like we have seen since January when Ba left.

We shouldn’t have the off the field distractions and problems such as Cabaye and Colo.

We will be building the squad once again without making the same mistakes as last summer.

• 21 GeordieDan // May 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Carroll £15million?, Aubamayang £12 million? Bony £10 million?……..

The 1st 2 aren’t coming here this summer and the 3 rd was publicly slated by our board a few months back.

I’m starting to wonder just who exactly our targets are and if those targets decide to tell us to get stuffed because we nearly got relegated this season do we actually have a plan B, C D, E, F for all positions we need covered.

Based on past experience I have to doubt our board even have a plan A at this stage. :(

• 22 GeordieDan // May 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

And let it be known here and now that I will be epiplectic? if Pardew brings in Carlton Cole as our “bosman”.

I would frog march the pair of them back to Disneyland if they think they belong at our club.

Forgot just how much I hate the transfer window BS now since that nightmare of a season started. :(

• 23 donkey // May 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

wilfred Bony would love it it we got him people say hes slow playing in a week league etc but hes perfect for nufc right now got everythink you would want in a number 9

• 24 Ballad of a Geordie // May 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Toon-Prodigy

Hahaha are you Pardew? only joking :)

• 25 GeordieDan // May 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

donkey>

I think he’d be class as well but maybe not alongside Cisse.

I love Cisse but he’s not the fastest and we need at least a couple of very fast forwards in my opinion toscare defences.

Last season every defence knew that we were slow as hell and clueless going forward and that we’d end up just lumping it forward or losing possession pretty quickly.

I’d much rather have PEA or if he really has lost interest in joining us (who could blame him) another super quick up and coming striker.

• 26 jimmysmith // May 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Pretty depressing season that. A bit difficult just shrug it off and start with a clean slate and shiny new outlook all of a sudden I imagine, especially so since Pards has been blowharding otherwise, it seems to me.

Changes will probably have to be made and quite possibly to key personnel.

Cabs and Debuchey really did trail off noticeably towards the end, Tiote was frankly a liability all season,
    HBA contributed practically nothing as examples.

There are question marks about almost the whole first team really.

• 27 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Dan, what did bony say about the board?

• 28 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Ballad,

Wey aye im Pardew! 😉

Seriously though, next season will be totally different. The main reason im convinced is because of who we are.

This is NUFC. Always surprises in store, sometimes bad, sometimes good. I can only see progress to be made from this season minus the problems and distractions.

8 or above is nailed on through my eyes. Alot depends on this striker they bring in though.

• 29 jimmysmith // May 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Newcastle need a marquee signing to freshen up and revitalise the squad.

Someone to lift the mood of the crowd and the players.

Not really Ash’s style though, is it.

• 30 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Jimmy,

Im the total opposite, I’v wanted this season finished since March when I seen the injuries mount up again. Very easy for me to shrug this season off. If it wasn’t for our Europa exploits I would of been on Prozac for the remainder of the season 😉

• 31 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I hope that should some of our top players are sold we replace them with players of equal quality such as, siem de jong for cabaye, etienne capoue for tiote (although tiote is awful), jeremy menez for HBA etc

• 32 GeordieDan // May 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Newcastlebrownale>

Not Bony saying it mate just when his representatives started linking his name with us in January our board went out of the way to say he’s not a player we’re even interested in and we wouldn’t take him if I remember right?

Agents always talk BS in transfer windows but if I were Bony after the season he’s just had I’d not been keen to join a club that publicly said I wasn’t good enough and just barely avoided relegation ourselves.

He should be in demand from a few clubs that did better than us and haven’t previously knocked his talents.

Like I said before I think he’d be great for us as he’s powerful and a very good finisher but we also need pace up front which he doesn’t really have from what I’ve seen.

• 33 Cisse's Big Toe // May 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

this is why we need a barton, turned this game around

• 34 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Dan, ah right okay, I don’t know why the board would say a thing like that, the man is a beast, and we have been playing shoal, it doesn’t make sense, but that’s our board for you

• 35 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Fast clinical forward brought in for the win!

• 36 NUFC_LEAZES END // May 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

@toon prodigy

Are u Alan pardew by any chance? 😉

• 37 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Here lads,

• 38 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

^^^^^^^
    According to the Daily Star He’s staying. Think we all knew that anyway didn’t we..

• 39 Ballad of a Geordie // May 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Toon-Prodigy

I hope so, fingers crossed :)

• 40 jimmysmith // May 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Toon prod, I was really thinking about the players and the need to to take steps to lift the squad in the aftermath of a season like that.

I don’t imagine you can just draw a line under it and expect to bounce straight back.

Although having said all that and clearly believing that we need this off seasonright now to re-group, I’m actually mortified there’s no more football .

I’m desperately anxious to see the team redeem itself and am missing the action terribly already.

• 41 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM

NUFC LEAZES,

Ahh you got me, What gave me away.. My job is safe!

• 42 donkey // May 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

i feel you dont really need pace upfront as much as people think would rather have the speedy players down the wings for me a strikers best asset is his timing which i think bony has plenty of

• 43 jimmysmith // May 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

The Daily Star is about as reliable as Viz, but in this instance I think on the money, even if they did make it up.

• 44 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Jimmy,

I think the players should be ok and raring to go for next season. They all seem to hold the same belief that we should be in the top 8 (going off interviews from them).

Im sure they are dying to put these wrongs right, thats my personal view anyway.

They will all be lifted once we get other bodys through the door also. Especially a striker of quality to go with Cisse.

I can’t wait for next season, im the same. Even though im glad to see the back of last season, I hate this part without football.

• 45 Black and White with an army lol // May 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM

AP is staying so now all our nightmare’s can now commence next season relegation seems to be the option now under AP and MA mustn’t be a good businessmen if he’s willing to keep him here

• 46 AMEOBI // May 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM

RIP to the poor lad in Woolwich, unbelievable scenes. How can you do that to a human is beyond me.

• 47 NUFC_LEAZES END // May 23, 2013 at 2:24 AM

@toon prodigy

The part that gave you away was when you said no europa suits our squad :)

P.s will you resign please

• 48 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Nufc,

Ahh, I see. Well we arn’t well equipped are we to be honest. We need more purples to succeed in multiple challenges, and our first team players need to be on the park also!

Lol, Mike wouldn’t like that, who else would take the blame..

On a serious note, I’v heard Wayne Bridge was at the Newcastle training centre today. Dear me, I hope thats false.

• 49 Mister Tuff // May 23, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Wayne Bridge is 32 and is out of contract now. He is a left back. ???
    I’m now wondering about Santon.

• 50 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Tuff,

I know! 32? Left back?

What’s making me wary is he wants experience in and I think Bridge is on a free.

Lets hope it’s rubbish

• 51 Santon03 // May 23, 2013 at 4:57 AM

with 15mil we probably could get PEA, but that will ruin pardew’s plan. AC will complement pardew’s genius tactic and we will probably break the record for long ball stats in a season by 4000

• 52 Novocastrian66 // May 23, 2013 at 5:00 AM

According to the BBC sport attendance survey we are the 8th best supported club in Europe.

• 53 Santon03 // May 23, 2013 at 5:00 AM

For 15mil and injured until september, I would rather get Huntelaar.

• 54 89Norcal // May 23, 2013 at 5:09 AM

@Novocastrian66

Alot of masochists in Europe then :)

• 55 Novocastrian66 // May 23, 2013 at 5:11 AM

@Norcal. Makes you wonder how many would turn up if we were any good.

• 56 89Norcal // May 23, 2013 at 5:38 AM

True, we could be one of the most highly valued clubs in Europe.

Someday! :)

• 57 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 5:39 AM

• 58 89Norcal // May 23, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Indian, lmao that story is hilarious.

I’m sure you envisioned yourself throwing some plastic teeth onto Pardew’s silver head when you read that.

• 59 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 6:07 AM

89Norcal

Absolutely, hope more fans do that too. good piece about NUFc in mail by adrian durham

• 60 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 6:34 AM

was da blog down????? so hard to login… tought pardew was out

• 61 Shearer.Milburn // May 23, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Anybody think it might be a good shout to keep an eye on lukaku this year… I can imagine chelsea loaning him out again and we could look at a loan with option to buy should chelsea decide they dont need him….

• 62 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Carrol out for up to 4 months with a heel injury,

Is he a good player? Yes.

An injury prone player? Definitely

15 million is better spent elsewhere

• 63 Shearer.Milburn // May 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Jackbutler… 15m would buy us doumbia!!! Lets hope it does!!!

• 64 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 7:06 AM

how many people did the poll and can you trace their IP address’ back to mackem land or something!

CARROLL = HOOFBALL

CARROLL = OUR GOOD PLAYERS LEAVING

CARROLL = LOWER END OF THE TABLE

CARROLL = TROUBLE IN THE DRESSING ROOM

and worst of all…CARROLL = PARDEW…because no sensible manager who wants to play football would even consider having him in the team

surely this is a bad joke

• 65 Shearer.Milburn // May 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Sparky, all those votes probably lead back to andy carrolls io address lol

• 66 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Shearer.Milburn

15 million would buy us a whole host of better players, Seydou Doumbia being just one of them, Kévin Gameiro, Javier Hernández, Wilfred Bony, Moussa Sow would all be better bets than Carrol

• 67 HullMag6 // May 23, 2013 at 7:12 AM

On reflection I feel Andy might be worth the risk after all we’re getting that extra tv money. He’ll do whatever it takes in the shirt, leading the line and understanding the passion needed at times.

Carroll, both de jongs, a winger or 2 and a cb or 2 depending on colo.

Plus either improvements in coaching or a new management team.

• 68 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 7:13 AM

@65…lol…never even thought of that one..too early in the day…I take it you work night shifts!

• 69 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM

shearer.milburn…we’re both wrong…it was Hullmag6! lol

• 70 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM

After a nightmare of a 12 hour night shift, Pardew better be sacked by the time I get up or there’ll be hell the pay

• 71 Shearer.Milburn // May 23, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Na, I start work at 9 but ive just had my eggs and the grey matter is up and running. I would like andy carroll at about 7 million but if the figure is closer to 15m then ill take doumbia or pierre emerick boomeranng lol

• 72 catchy in norway // May 23, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Sad day

• 73 Shearer.Milburn // May 23, 2013 at 7:24 AM

How come catchy??

• 74 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 7:24 AM

jack butler..I’m praying with you there brother…thought we’d have had confirmation either way by now and the barstewards stringing this out are doin’ me head in.

the longer it goes on the more I dread he’s staying but like i’ve said before…we have to look at this as the beginning of the end…if he doesn’t go now he’ll be gone by xmas so patience is the key

• 75 Shearer.Milburn // May 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM

What does everyone think of martinez??? Sign him up???

• 76 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I would…but that’s also a split down the middle with the bloggers on here…i think he’ll be great with a squad of internationals who can play football…he might need a good defensive coach like steve bould at Arsenal but he’ll defo get the lads playing lovely football again

I’d welcome him with open arms

• 77 Shearer.Milburn // May 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Me too. I think wigan were unlucky to go down this year. They played some cracking football and always looked like they could cause problems going forward, unlike us…

• 78 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 7:38 AM

sparky55

Shearer.Milburn

If it wasn’t for 2 odd goal victories over QPR we would have gone down.

Martinez is one hell of an upgrade over pardew

Pardew’s best quality is that he is cheap. Right down ashley’s alley.

• 79 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM

not wrong indian…he’s light years ahead of Pardew which proves beyond doubt Pardew has pictures.

• 80 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM

for all those touting martinez, I’m not saying he wouldn’t be an improvement to pardew, he would, i hate pardew, but his team dont perform for 30 games of the season, and every year just survived by the skin of their teeth, i’m not sure i would want that as a fan

• 81 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I don’t think that would be a problem with the quality of the squad we have now…Just about every game they play they go down playing good football but with the quality of our squad I think we’d score more goals than wigan playing the same way which means we’d win more games…IMO

• 82 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I don’t know if any of you read this mornings The Journal or nufcblog.co.uk but there is a brilliant article by Stardust that sums up the way I and many other supporters feel – and I know which way I want to go

• 83 Santon03 // May 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM

It seems that we are stuck with pardew as manager next season probably 7 more years. All I wish is pardew to listen what most fans want and that is for the team to play like The Entertainers way, not trophies.
    If the team plays like The Entertainers, good results will come automatically and possibly winning trophies eventually.

• 84 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Charlie

Link

• 85 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM

sparky, I can see your point and he would probably thrive on a larger and better quality squad, but i don’t think he is proven as a quality manager, when liverpool wanted him i though rodgers was a better choice, likewise with tottenham and avb so if pardew does go and we are linked with him, i would rather someone else who is proven as a quality manager e.g rafa (although that won’t happen)

• 86 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Indian
    Heres the link to the article on the on; http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2013/05/21/carr-or-pardew-to-go-mike-ashleys-big-decision/

• 87 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Carrol injured again well there’s a surprise.
    I’m glad as it’s Pardew’s get out of jail card as he clearly can not coach technical players properly and Carrol would just mask this with non-stop hoof ball and we’d finish 12/13th. No ambition, no progress, Just another backward step.

• 88 gaz 44 // May 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM

We need a big guy other teams have 3/4 ppl they can aim at on corners free kicks etc we have Steve t n mike Williamson and since ba left I worry about us defending corners

• 89 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM

NBA

We’ll never know till he has proper money and is backed, ie not having to play Caldwell in defense every week !!!

Spurs had a different manager 2 seasons running and got to the Europa league 2 years running with an equally lengthy injury list but no mention of this and tiredness.

Just can’t see how we can keep on with a guy who doesn’t even want Europe. Where’s the ambition in that case?

• 90 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM

charlie, that’s a cracking article, it shows to everyone the inefficiencies of pardews tactics, we do have players in a sort of barca mould, cisse up front like villa, hba like messi darting around, cabaye like xavi or iniesta etc, although not as good. And that’s the way we should play, free flowing attacking football, exposing ourselves at the back, and making our defence substandard to be fair, and against teams teams like manu or chelsea, we would get demolished, much like barca did against bayern, but against lesser or equal teams we would demolish them, yes our defence wouldn’t be amazing, but when our attacking players lose the ball, they would swarm the player like lake flies and get it back and attack again. Pardew feels playing hoofball is the way forward, even when we have no target man, and if carr loses his job because he finds amazing attacking players, that pardew cannot get to work properly, as he plays them wrong, then i have to say that will be the one of the biggest injustaces fat mike has ever created.

• 91 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 8:34 AM

rotonda, i think he could be good, but he would be a risk and i’d rather a proven manager

• 92 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Its going to be so funny if pardew does get sacked.
    All these people saying he will definitely here will feel like tw@s.
    Nobody knows if he will be here or not for definite.
    Here’s hoping for Ashley to don’t he right thing

• 93 Owldman // May 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Those of us hoping for big signings in the summer can forget it, announcement in the press this morning Pardew to carry on as Toon manager , that and the story about Wayne Bridges sum up Ashleys plans for next season

• 94 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM

To do*

• 95 Harley // May 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Toon prodigy

Couldn’t reply last night as it was bed time.

My point is not that I want pardew out my point was that he is going nowhere

Too many people on here are lobbying for him to be sacked and discussing who they think the manager will be. They are only going to be even more disappointed when it doesn’t happen.

I’ve not called once for his head although I do have concerns that he is unable to change. We play bad football, probably the worst I’ve ever seen at st James’. Even when we finished 5th most of the football was bad to watch (not all admittedly) but the results were happening and this is what’s important.

This season the football had been worse and the results shocking. The stats and tactics have also been woeful. However he does have that 5th place finish on his cv so it’s a tricky one.

A lot on here just want him out. That scares me a little as some of the names being mentioned Clark, Martinez, Mclarem, Bruce send shudders through me

I’m all for replacing him with a top manager with a proven record if we got a chance to but not for a sideways step.

Anyway my point was he’s going nowhere.

• 96 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I’v just read that article on co.uk. And once again people dismiss the fact we have missed Ben Arfa, Colo, Cabaye, Tiote for half of last seasons games. Our best players. We never had the back up the first part of the season. It’s ok saying ‘i dont buy into the injuries excuse’ but when you are missing your best players constantly throughout the season for large periods with poor quality to come in and then five new players being brought in amd expected to gel fit in and do well, it’s a very telling excuse. Take Messi, Iniesta, Zavi out of Barca with poor back up to step in and they would have problems aswell.

These articles are being written as if we have had our best players available and 100% fit for the full course of last season. It’s not the case.

• 97 Harley // May 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Oh and I’d love Carroll for 15million.

• 98 89Norcal // May 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Why on Earth would Carr be on the chopping block? He’s repeatedly brought us in great talent for pennies, and if anyone advocates he has too much French bias; they should know that is one of his few options considering their affordable fees and our tight owner, though I give the latter credit for shelling out a little more in Jan.

• 99 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Brown Alien
    Yeah
    one of the best articles I have read in a long – balanced – and points the finger to our problems and I know which way I want to go – and with the right manager we could have a very good team playing attractive football.

• 100 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Harley,

Just in time, i’v caught you before I hit the sack. Been on nightshift.

Im concerned aswell, taking on a new manager and bringing someone in who could be poor will have set us back 3 years stability wise.

Pards is staying, the stories are all coming through now online. The gazette etc.

• 101 89Norcal // May 23, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Anyone hear Stoke wants to offer 3 million to Rafa?

And is it true about the pay-out clause in Pardew’s contract? There’s no way Ashley would sack him now then..

• 102 magpie6699 // May 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM

The Chronic says:
    1. Pardew staying pro tem
    2. No interest in Carroll.

So what are people now going to talk about? Perhaps change the subject??

• 103 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM

charlie, i want everyone who is a pardew fanboy to read it and see how the would defend him after it, as i can’t see how anyone could possibly say that pardew is the right man after reading it

• 104 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM

BREAKNG NEWS

PARDEWS JOB IS SAFE AFTER MEETNG WITH M.A

WE ARE FK FOR ANOTHER YEAR NOW :-(

• 105 stuart no9 // May 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Morning every one , just woke up to the bad news that pards is staying . is that official now ??

• 106 stestickle // May 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM

People saying there are waiting to see i he can change the guy cant change been the same for years he thinks of himself and his own ego supporters are split at the moment give it another six months everyone will want rid.

• 107 HullMag6 // May 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Martinez would have us playing prettier but without the results. We need someone with a bit of grit and can empower the squad I’d love Rafa too take over but we’ll have to see how serious MA is about bringing success to the toon – no half measures.

If AP stays more coaches needed with attacking mindset.

• 108 Toon-Prodigy // May 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Newcastle brown alien,

Im not a Pardew fanboy, I’d welcome an upgrade so long as it’s an upgrade. But it wouldn’t be for half of the stuff that is being bandied about on the blogs.

There is a problem with that article and it is misleading like a lot of the comments also.

Last season, the injuries to key players and the timing of them also, affected the team no end, the quality and depth was insufficient. It played a huge part in our terrible run back in december.

I dont buy into the concept “I don’t buy into the injuries”.

It played a massive part in the quality of football we all witnessed last season.

• 109 nufc 11 // May 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Put the 15million in context how much money are we after losing due to our poor preformaces this season? Letting Ba walk was a firable ofensive for DL we are talking 15million fee plus wages now 4 AC look at that amount wen all we had to do was give Ba his 80k which he deserved look at the money wed have saved in the long run, how short sighted was our board.

• 110 HullMag6 // May 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM

If AP stays more coaches needed with attacking mindset.

Waiting until Friday? I think MA is waiting on a decision by a potential replacement of they say no then he stands by AP if they say yes then au revoir pas de clue

previous post: Newcastle Are Top Of The Long Ball League