New French Youngster – Newcastle Top Six Next Season

Massadio Haidara, the 20 year-old French U21 left back,  seems to have settled in well since arriving in January for £2M from Nancy.

Massadio Haidara   -1740187

Massadio Haidara – played 8 times for Newcastle last season

And Newcastle fans have already taken to the youngster, after he received that terrible tackle from Callum McCallum, which went completely unpunished by the referee during the game, and be the FA after the game.

Luckily for Massadio, he was not badly injured and he returned to the team after a few weeks recovery, but in the last few games of the season, he had a slight hamstring pull and wasn’t risked by manager Alan Pardew.

This is what Haidara said in the Newcastle Journal today:

“We have not had a team meeting to set out the objectives for next season yet but my own personal hope for the team is the top six,” “I think that we have the qualities to do that and I know many of the other players feel the same. “

Obviously we will sit down in the summer after the season finishes to discuss what our aims and hopes but we should be aiming for that, in my opinion.”

“We are a big enough club to be fighting for a top six place and Europa League.” “It’s been an excellent start for me,” “The end of the season hasn’t been that great.”

“I have picked up a few knocks here and there but overall if I look back it’s been a really fantastic experience for me. My settling-in process has gone from good to even better to be honest, and hopefully next season I can step up and really push on.”

“I will head back to France this summer, see my family and friends. I want to look after myself and rest up to make sure I get up to top form. After a break I want to come back very strong.”

Haidara will find it difficult to get in at left back next season, because Italian Davide Santon and fellow Frenchman Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa are ahead of him the in the pecking order, and Mapou showed in the last few games he can be a top left back.

In fact it’s going to be interesting to see which position the 23 year-old former Montpellier captain plays for Newcastle next season, as he has already played in every position along the back four.

Massadio was brought in for the future, but the lad has already shown he’s a top talent and will only get better at Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Tsunki

May 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM

He’s a better LB at this stage than Santon. Unless Santon kicks on a bit I think he will be second choice for most managers. Most.

• spitfire_

May 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Pardew don’t want EL… you are fired Massadio!

• Paps

May 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Nowing Ashley, the press release tonight will be to announce Pardew’s contract extension

• Indian Magpie

May 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Regarding Anita,

My theory is That Alan Pardew has not played him because he is too short and Aln Pardew believes He Cannot

HOOF the ball very long 😮

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

May 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I like our players have aspiration for more 🙂

• TorqToon

May 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Morning gents!

Whats this about a press release? Has anything of interest happened with regards pards and Mike Ashleys meeting?

• Tsunki

May 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

repost –
    The only problem I see with Anita is that Alan has no idea where and how to pay him. Whenever he is on the pitch he gives a good account of himself, always looking busy, always looking for something to be involved in. Trouble is, our midfield has been a virtually non-existent shambles so its been mostly a waste of energy for him to create things there.

Cabaye, Anita & Sissoko are actually players who should be orchestrating play. Jonas, HBA, Marv should have interchanging free roles. Perch, Tiote and the like gaining possession, holding and releasing from the back. None of the above happens because Pardew wants them all to over as one schoolboy mass up and down the pitch in waves leaving gaping holes behind them as they move forward.

If you look at our team during a game, virtually everyone in the middle of the park looks frustrated and lost the whole time. And that includes the opposing side ha ha.

• Indian Magpie

May 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Given our History

The press release will be

Ashley and LLambias going on a retreat for 3 months

• John Tudor

May 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM

and some variation in set plays wuld not go amiss

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Given the meeting takes place today, it seems odd that a press release has been arranged for 6pm unless they know the outcome. We surely wouldn’t have a press release to say he is staying, so…….

• Rotonda heights

May 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

poor old Anita,

He must have been suckered in along with Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux in to thinking he was joining a team and a manager who would play progressive, pass and move modern football.

Just can’t see how Anita can flourish when Pardew wants to go a defensive route 1 all the time and bringing back Carrol will only enhance that even more.

• Rotonda heights

May 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Lilo

Don’t mess with my head !!!!

• Jamseyd24

May 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Seriously agree Santon should be pushed up the right wing. Also ED why dont you do a POLL to see who wants Pards to stay or go??? would anyone else be interested in this????

• Rotonda heights

May 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Tsunki

Excellent description

• Indian Magpie

May 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM

THERE IS NO PRESS RELEASE

• Rotonda heights

May 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Jamsey

Only trouble with a poll is that Ian Toon will invent a load more multiples to defend Pardew

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Rotonda,
    Ha, apologies. Still it is either they are decided, or they are giving Pardew a chance to talk his way out of the sack, in which case the release will be cancelled. I think Pulis getting the boot at Stoke may actually help. Ashley’s ego will think that Stoke are a nothing side, and if they sack there manager for finishing 3 places higher then we did, ours should go to!

• Indian Magpie

May 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM

ANITA could be our Javier Zanetti

• Rotonda heights

May 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I know I should give them all a big swerve, but what is that other guy Carr’s twitter account. I only follow indykaila but I’m clutching at straws.

Stoke fans have finally been put out of their misery, surely it’s our turn now?

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Indian,
    How do you know? To be honest, Sage seems to have a decent inside track, so if he says there is one scheduled, I’m inclined to believe him.

Any more on that Sage?

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Rotonda,
    CWarr07 however, he has a catalogue of incorrect predictions. He also said that the meeting was yesterday….

• ToonDownSouth

May 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Rotonda

We never get put out of our misery. That’s the curse of NUFC.

• John Tudor

May 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

pardew go

• Rotonda heights

May 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Thanks lilo

I know, I’m just desperate now !!!

I’m sure it will all be a massive anti-climax though.

• Indian Magpie

May 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Lilongwe Geordie

I was joking, do you not have a sense of humour, or did you not find it funny 😀

• sparky55

May 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Hiadara will be left back next year because colo will be gone moving Mbiwa back into the middle and Santon will be back in italy.

Anita would only have got more playing time next year because tiote and Cabaye will be gone too.

Anita only got off the bench in the last game because Cabaye was injured…it’s a disgrace and he know’s it and that’s why he’ll be gone too…Pardew’s only coming out with this bollox about Anita because he knows he’s losing Cabaye and therefore needs Anita next year but Anita isn’t staying and who can blame him.

• Rotonda heights

May 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM

TDS

Now aged 52, I really am starting to believe that !!!

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Indian,
    Ha, sorry. Probably a bit of both! 🙂

• Tsunki

May 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM

So……

Rene Girard… anyone? 🙂

• sparky55

May 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

yes please!

• Laurent Robert 32

May 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

If Ashley, Derek, Pardew, Carr etc are discussing the failings, surely Carr has sway over Pardew with the quality of players brought in. He’s maximising the low budget outline which Ashley set out.

Pardew is handling them in the wrong manner by misuse of tactics. Carr has more to back his beliefs than Pardew has. However, they should have invested in the summer. That doesn’t excuse clueless football though.

• sparky55

May 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

he’s got a good enough track record to keep the footballers at the club…colo is long gone but Girard can persuade cabaye to stay and that’s the most important thing…tiote can go for me…but we must try and keep cabaye at the club

• jeff

May 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Just spoke to ashleys missus. Pardew isnt getting sacked.

• Indian Magpie

May 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Either

Pardew gets fired today

or

Gets fired at Tomorrow by me

Don’t worry only by a marble 😮

• Laurent Robert 32

May 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM

The rise of emotion that there is a possible press conference, will be a similar drop in sickness if the statement says Pardew is staying. Rollercoaster.

• TorqToon

May 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Lilongwe – Morning mate. Just trying to catch up on the goings on. Did sage mention about a press release?

His connections are very much admin based and it’s extremely possible that he is correct as be the right type of info his friend would be privy too!

So…Will it be a show if support for pards, or a termination notice?

If the latter…We should go all out for Benitez or failing that, Girard!

• sparky55

May 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM

because pardew won’t be able to keep cabaye

• martoon

May 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I really can’t see Pardew getting the boot – I think the best we could hope for is, say, bringing in a new head coach with Pardew concentrating on the management side – but I’m doubtful.

• Spotlight Kid

May 22, 2013 at 9:58 AM

NUFC PRESS RELEASE:

Those journalists imprisoned in the bowels of St James’ Park under special executive measures following the printing of seditious material harmful to the regime of His Supreme Highness General Ashley and his prime minister Sr. Alan P. Pardew will be released in return for assurances that there shall be no re-occurrence of such allegations; on pain of permanent exile.

MESSAGE ENDS

• jimmysmith

May 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I’m better defensively than Haidarra and I’m pushing 50, although to be fair to the lad, I do remain a fine physical specimen and have lost none of my skills, even if I say so myself. None the less, his decision making and positional sense in defence is crazy car crash material.