The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Offer New Deals To Four Youngsters

2:33 pm, Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 171 Comments

Newcastle have today offered a new one year deal to former Walker Central play-maker Michael Richardson.

michael richardson nmnmnmn

Michael Richardson – offered one year deal

Newcastle want to keep the 21-year-old and could well send him out on loan at the beginning of next season, to get mor first team experience,  after he had loan spells last season at Gillingham and Leyton Orient.

Newcastle have also offered a new one year deal to Australian Brad Inman, who scored 8 goals while on loan At Crewe Alexandra in 26 appearances and was in excellent form there earlier this year.

Newcastle have also offered new one-year deals to Conor Newton and Paul Dummett, who did so well wile on loan at St. Mirren earlier this yea and kept getting rave reports north of the border..

All four players are 21 years old and all but Inman were born and bred  in Newcastle, with Brad being born down under in Adelaide.

All four are in the squad for the Citibank Hong Kong Football Club International Soccer Sevens to take place this weekend – and we’re hoping the lads can win the tournament for the seocnd year in a row.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Brad Inman · Conor Newton · Michael Richardson · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Paul Dummett

171 responses so far ↓

• 1 ToonDarnSarf // May 23, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I wonder if this page can go an hour without mentioning Andy Carroll?

Oh…oops…

• 2 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Martoon…. it depends if the shower is broken or not ;)

Rainrix… Your role is clear then. Blatantlyfakewebsite.com is genius.You are therefore our new website executive and will also be responsible for pasting abuse about other teams all over the internet :D

• 3 Rainrix // May 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Markaccus… If im in the website business can i take over the chronicle as chief sports writer? That way i can insult players face to faee.

“ah hello mr gerrard! excuse me a moment while i fit immobilisers to my wheels you thieving scouse troglodyte” :)

• 4 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM

TDS
    it makes a change from the usual Pardew bashing, I just hope I haven’t spoke too soon ?

• 5 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Repost to show I take my responsibilities seriously –

Catering Executive it is! Here’s my first job, the dirty work of giving out the bad news…

C.E. – I know you’ve been here many years, and have served us well in the past, but we’ve had quite a few complaints about you recently. These wouldn’t be so bad but now we are being threatened with an investigation by the Health & Safety executive, and you now that we wouldn’t be able to defend you. You’ve caused too much damage for us to just cover over. Were going to have to call it a day, sorry. You’re being replaced

Chicken Balti Pie – What? Replaced what by?

C.E. – We’ve got an almost identical clone to the greggs Steak Bake lined up.

C.B.P. – I can change, I…can.. be a …a… Korma Pastie…or a…er…

C.E. – Please don’t make this any harder than it already is…

C.B.P. – Its because I am Indian, isnt it? ISN’T IT?

C.E. – …………………………………………………………. Forget everything I said, I didn’t mean it ha ha ha just a joke ha ha ha got you there – right back to work enough of this joshing around ha ha….

• 6 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Rainrix
    if you were the chron’s sports writer you would be getting pais off Mike Ashley, would that not be a conflict of interests ?

• 7 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Rainrix…
    Hahahahahahahaa class!

Yes. Yes you can. Do that.

• 8 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM

• 9 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM

catchy in norway // May 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM

240Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM

i think your a fool if you think i only come on here to slate the manager,
    what is the point of watching something you dont enjoy? i see no point to wasting my time with it,
    does it make you a better fan to sit there and be quiet and put up with them just taking your money with nothing to show for it, so you can come on places like this and say iv been a supporter for 50 years,

what do they say , a fool is easly parted with his money,

i guess im not a true fan then , , but over this last season iv really had my eyes opened to how much crap ppl can put up with,

these ppl who sit and watch and accept it, have no right to ever slag the clowns or the players off, not even if they pay money to watch the game,

Lol
    Big difference catchy, the lads your talking about would make a difference if they stopped watching, because Ashley will miss the gate receipts!
    I don’t think he’s gonna notice you switching off the telly!!
    Enjoy your silent protest!

• 10 Rainrix // May 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Spoof… Who is playing the blog fatman here? I guarantee whoever it is i have compromising photos of, they’ll keep me on :)

• 11 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Didn’t the mclarren f1 pit crew have a competition with some scouse mechanics to see who could change tyres quickest?

Apparently, not only did the scousers change the tyres quicker, they also had time to respray the car red and sell it to ferrari!

• 12 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

catchy – can’t remember what I said mate. But you’re right in thinking I am a fool. But now I am a fool WITH ALL THE PIES HA HA HA!

Was that too much?

• 13 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Good afternoon all, how’s it going?

• 14 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Rainrix…. tsunki sells the pies. I think he prefers “catering executive” to “blog fatman”

• 15 ToonDarnSarf // May 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Spoof – I’m bored with both to be honest. Pardew will be our manager next season so we should get behind him. Carroll almost certainly will not be our player next season so who cares?

• 16 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Rainrix
    your a true gent, a scholar, salt of the earth, now make sure your burn those photo’s of me, kind sir !

• 17 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Hi Ibiza – I/we are in charge of the pie department. I nearly fired the Balti Pie but he played the race card on me. Its hard being a top exec.

• 18 Conaldo (The Wizard - Member of the Triangle of Intelligence) // May 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

ANDY CARROLL!!!!!

Sorry ToonDarnSarf, spoiled it there.

I hope everybody is well, and getting over the terrible dissapointment of last season. We have a few months to refill our tanks with deluded optimism, and come out rearing to go and ready to win the league come August 17th.

Its been stupendously hectic on my end of the tinterweb, as such I have not posted very much at all. (Thats just an excuse, I can’t stand yous really… ;) )

I won’t be on the blog much untill nearer the end of july I think, but I’ll still pop in when I can.

Is the mobile site fixed yet anyway?

Anyway, hopefully we will have made a few excellent transfers by the time I am back here regularly annoying you folks (*Desperately trying to contain laughter at the thought of us doing transfer business sensibly or early)

I hear Titus Bramble will be available on a free in the summer…

Anyhoo, I must go now, as quickly as I came, back into the night (well daytime).

Untill the next time,

• 19 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Afternoon ibiza.

Just to keep you up to speed, i am buying the club when i win the lottery on friday.
    You will be torqtoons assistant coach, focussing on continental styles and training methods. You were given this important role due to your experience living in spain and being surrounded by attractive footballing sides.

• 20 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Spoof
    So you’re not going to admit you’re wrong. I wasn’t responding to all your posts today, just the bit about us matching the offer through the clause. The one that doesn’t exist. You just try and brush it off but you are full of sh1t.

• 21 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

TDS
    I couldn’t agree more, but that’s society for, a good signing is on the blog for a couple of days, anything negative is on for months and months, sadly you just get used to it.

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Tsunki…Hello, I didn’t realise you / I had started a new business venture. What do I need to know? Am I in charge of preparation, cooking or sales?

Perhaps I can be the tester..er?

We have ways of dealing with those who play any sort of card. PC nonsense will not be tolerated on our way to the top!

• 23 catchy in norway // May 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

i think your a fool if you think i only come on here to slate the manager,

what do they say , a fool is easly parted with his money,

• 24 Rainrix // May 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Spoof… Thank you for the tribute, consider them burnt!

(Discreetly puts photos into a file marked “future blackmails”)

Markaccus….Its hard for him to defend that title when he needs to grease up his joints with lard just to get out of his armchair :)

• 25 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Rainrix.. as long as the same lard does not go into thw pies. The pastry will taste funny.

• 26 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Wizard…Nice to see you, even better to see you leaving so quickly ;) Take it easy.

Markaccus…Sounds good, will have to talk it over with Tsunki to make sure I can fit in with the new pie venture. I come with a lot of experience. I’ve spent the last 8 years teaching the local kids all about hoofing the ball, they’re starting to get it now.

• 27 martoon // May 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Well I suppose I had better put my serious hat on again. Catchy I agree with you that the football has been pants and Pardew is probably lucky to still be in a job. BUT I can’t just stop watching and supporting NUFC because I am a fan and a supporter and I bleed black and white. I just have to hope that things will improve next season and if not then the owner will do the right thing.

• 28 Jamiemac // May 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Krul
    Debuchy-Kouyate-Mbiwa-Santon
    Sissoko-Cabaye
    HBA-Marv-Sinclair
    PEA

TASTY team

• 29 Jail for Ashley // May 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I don’t know how long this Pardew debate is going to drag on, I think it was obvious he would be staying after Dastardly made his comments in January and Ashley could hardly fire him after admitting he made mistakes or should I say getting Dirk Dastardly to admit it through Pardews uncontrollable rubber lips, I think that’s why the crowd were a bit lenient with him, however if we start poorly next season then I can see the crowd turning nasty.

• 30 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Are we back on the old “real fan” argument?

How disappointing.

Can people not understand that for some it’s about seeing beautiful passing etc and for some it’s just the enjoyment they get from the competition?

Many have been raised watching all sorts of football, and let’s be honest, English football hasn’t got a great history for fancy slick style, has it? Where are these “pure” footballing people come from and why are you now considered better fans?

Just wind your necks in a little. We all support the club ffs, which is what we are fans of…Newcastle United.

This isn’t http://www.beautifulfootballblog.com

• 31 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Ibiza…. i appointed tsunki into his position so he will fall into line with my wishes. He can consult with you after training sessions and you can lend a hand during half time on home games flogging the pasties. I also wish to appoint a “sandwich artiste” to raise the quality of the bacon butties.

• 32 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Markaccus…Well who am I to argue with the guy who cuts the cheques?

Fancy letting me know what your lottery numbers are going to be for tomorrow?

• 33 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Jamiemac

sinclare has a rib removed so he mayb out for long time… so dnt think we may go for him

• 34 santonthenewmaldini // May 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Newcastle have failed these 4 youngsters

At 21 they should have at least 2 or 3 full seasons in the Championship and SPL and be ready to stake a claim in our squad !

Inman has looked good in the lower leagues he works hard, scores goals and can play right wing surely he would be worth a shot next season for a few games?

• 35 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Ibiza…

I dont actually know, but i established earlier that typing in capitals means a statement is true. So i typed “MARKACCUS WINS THE EUROMILLIONS ON FRIDAY” and said id buy the club. Torq then asked who i would have as manager et.c the rest is history. There is a full list a few articles back :-D

• 36 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 3:09 PM

jono
    I made a post which clearly said that imo, we showed a lack of ambition because we have been frightened off making a bid because of the offer West Ham have made, I mentioned about a sell on clause which was reported in the Journal this morning, you claim, but can’t prove that a clause doesn’t exists, I then made it clear that the clause was not the issue of my post, what was the issue is that due to a refusal to compete in the market we have lost out, I also said that the player in question was not the issue, it was solely the lack of ambition from the club.
    You then come back and tell me that I’m full of shit, you need to have a look at yourself, you are incapable of taking in reasonable comments, time after time I have repeated myself about the issue of the post, but time after time you prove yourself to be incapable of listening to people.
    Now before you start to harp on about only dealing with facts, which idiots like you revel in, can you prove that there is no clause, no you can’t, and this is a blog where people give opinions ard their views, so if we deal with facts only then this forum like all other forums would have to close down, so why don’t you crawl back under your rock and take your futile and pathetic little attitude with you.

• 37 Toon Tang // May 23, 2013 at 3:09 PM

jamsha, i would question why sinclair has had that rib removed.

that dumb peg of his must not be offering up the goods

• 38 Le Belfast 007 // May 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Yawn….

• 39 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Spoof…You’re full of sh*t mate.

Mark..Oh, so you’re not really going to be the new owner? That’s a shame, I think this blog running the club would go really….well?

Tang… :I thought something similar when I heard that too ;)

• 40 donkey // May 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM

well i had faith in MA to sack pardew but doesnt look like thats going to happen now. i just hope now AP and MA can prove us all nufc fans wrong next season and sighn us a proven forward this summer. hope and faith is all we have left now

• 41 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Ibiza
    hows that ?

• 42 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Ibiza. Of course i am. I typed it in capitals. It works. Honest ;)

• 43 Le Belfast 007 // May 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM

He ain’t going anywhere all them bloody itk accounts are full of shite as per usual.

• 44 catchy in norway // May 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

martoon

its nothing about not being a supporter,, but i refuse to feel depressed about football,

i feel that if i watch the football , i end up feeling down about it, even when we win, its only a temp high, cos when you think about it, we dont deserve to win most of the games we win,

this might sound mad, but i like it when we thrash someone, i love that feeling, you have this superiority feeling over them, most teams get a thrashing at some point, even man u, most teams can trash a team too, where it all clicks for that day,

i feel we have the squad that is very capable of dishing them out, but feel we will not get to see them very often,i think its sad when your a fan, and you start to worry about teams in the bottom half, and think that your the team that will end there winless streak. and not only that they make you feel lucky that they didnt give you a whipping,,,

no i dont have coaching badges, but even i could get this team in the top 6,

JFA is right,, only 1 guy to really blame

we are just his toy

• 45 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Spoof. Are you claiming a wicket? :D

HOWZAAAT?!

• 46 Jamiemac // May 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Ah right Jamsha didn’t realise that!

It’s clear we need a CB, LW and ST. Who would people like brought in for them positions. (being realistic) If we can’t get Sinclair then maybe Mcmanaman LW or maybe Afellay on loan if that’s possible

• 47 catchy in norway // May 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

sex lifes of the potato men

thats a great film

• 48 Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand // May 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Spoof…Only playing with you, seemed you were having a hard time with someone, so thought I’d ermmm….help.

Markaccus…What a relief. So do I need to relocate or can I do this over Skype?

• 49 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Markaccus
    honestly, how many times to I have to tell him what my original post was about, its like hitting your head against a brick wall

• 50 Munster Mag // May 23, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Disappointed that pardew has been kept on and think it will prove to be a mistake in the short/medium term. What becomes interesting now is how Ashley will back him.
    1. Will he get decent funds , or did we spend it all on the 4 Frenchmen?
    2. Will Pardew be able to buy players to suit his football beliefs.

Sadly the answer is probably “no” to both questions.

Finally….will guys like Cabaye stay , and try to convince other French talent to join us ? I doubt it. I think he knows whats what at NUFC now.

An opportunity missed.

• 51 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 3:20 PM

• 52 DokToon // May 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM

need a friendy tour for toon here in the americas, so the neanderthals in this region realize theirs a better club to support than manure….

• 53 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Ibiza
    yeah, sorry, Jonobbad has taken a fraction of one of my posts in an attempt to make an issue out of something which didn’t really exist, whilst trying to get my message across he has just been ignoring it, I finally snapped.

• 54 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Ibiza… you will need to be present 2 days before each game. I will provide a private jet for this purpose. The rest of the time you can research continental styles (and foods) and skype your findings to torq (or tsunki) when required.

• 55 catchy in norway // May 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM

LMFAO

LOOK WHO IS IN THE PICTURES

• 56 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Spoof
    I read a 3 line post from you about the clause. I don’t care for any posts I haven’t read before that. You were using false info as fact in your post. Thats all I was bringing up tool

• 57 jordijohnty // May 23, 2013 at 3:25 PM

“Europa League winners could earn Champions League place”. I dont really think we could handle the champions league. Ashley would decline a place in the CL because it might affect his managers preperations for beating relegation

• 58 Midtoon // May 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM

NUFCfans (@nufcfans) tweeted at 3:18 PM on Thu, May 23, 2013:
    San Lorenzo president Matias Lammens tells @lacicloneta he’s on his way to England to secure a deal for #NUFC defender Fabricio Coloccini
    (https://twitter.com/nufcfans/status/337573192271011840)

Sakho?

• 59 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I’m not making an issue just wandering why you use false info to back something up.
    If I didn’t see an earlier post it’s because it didn’t interest me. I don’t care for what the bigger picture was but it was false info which is what I was pointing out.
    Then you tried to back it up with more false info(llambias said it) which is why it’s still going.
    That is the last I will say on that matter because it’s pointless.

• 60 ToonDarnSarf // May 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Apart from replacements and youngsters, the only players I see us signing are one striker and one creative pacey attacking midfielder/winger.

Those anticipating lots of big signings are barking up the wrong tree.

• 61 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Spoof, yeah i had a quick look at the post it seems it has been taken out of context. I thought there was a sell on clause too.

• 62 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Spoof
    Just read you saying I ignored you. Read the blog and you will see I didn’t post at all. Its called being busy with other things to do.
    The fact that was enough to make you snap says a lot about you.
    Lmao get a grip

• 63 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Jeez. People read my posts but don’t understand them.
    The only context was people using lies as facts.
    Thats it no more.
    Some people need to get out more the sad acts.

• 64 ToonDarnSarf // May 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Media made up the sell-on clause. It didn’t come from either club. Besides, most sell-on clauses are only if the player is sold at a profit, and only on the profit amount.

Another example of people getting confused between reality and Championship Manager…

• 65 catchy in norway // May 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Samuel Ameobi ?@Sammy_Ameobi mai 21 Just compared and as if Shola has less body fat % than me! Madness!!!

yeh right

• 66 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM

As some of you may have found out I am not a real fan.

I don’t know why it hurts so much

• 67 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I have finished my book on the life of a Catering Executive at SJP, its harrowing reading at times, especially half times. I was thinking of calling it ‘The Hunger Games’.

What? You’re kidding! A Film as well? Damn!

• 68 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

jono
    as I have said numerous times, the clause is irrelevant, but here is where I got the imformation from

and the relevant parts are these

West Ham United agreed a £15m fee on Tuesday to make Carroll’s season-long loan permanent and although a 25% sell-on clause would have allowed them to effectively match the Hammers’ offer while undercutting them, the overall package was too expensive to tempt them.

but according to you, I was given false information, if that’s the case then you prove to The Journal, I’m sure they will right an apology. Prove it or not, it doesn’t alter the fact that you have failed in an attempt to turn my post into something which it wasn’t.

• 69 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Who will play me?

• 70 toonking // May 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM

jono
    if the ranking means that much well we might as well not bother looking for a decent manager.
    we were 85th last December even Birmingham had a better ranking

• 71 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Tsunki…. your life as catering exec?? I only appointed you about a hour ago :D

Anyway, i have just finnished writing a book about a hidden cypher i found in my copy of the mona lisa…. it’s called “The Da Vinci co…… dammit!

• 72 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

jono
    now you are being silly, I said that I was not sure when it came to Llambias, and when it was mentioned that it didn’t come from him I just accepted that, you now say that I used more false info, sorry that is just plainly wrong, read the article where I got the info from, its there in black and white, what more do you need

• 73 DokToon // May 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

lmao mark…

• 74 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Catchy – strange though it may seem, although you have been pretty vocal from early days about Pardew, and i have advocated supporting him until his excuses dry out, at this moment in time I think we are closer in philosophy than we have ever been, so theres a milestone ha ha!

However, although I think it is time to upgrade Pardew, it seems the board and him have made some arrangements for a last-ditch go at sorting the situation out, and I don’t think he will be given much longer than Xmas. So, although I understand your frustration about the playing and coaching style of the Pardew setup, I am forced to support the lads until he either comes up with the goods or gets on his bike. As another poster recently said, its what we do.

• 75 donkey // May 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

i personally think aswell we will get one striker and mayby a winger this summer will only get a new centre back in if colo leaves really dont hink we need 5 -6 new players like everybody thinks on here the new sighings we got in the tranfer window need time to settle in sissoko and Yanga-Mbiwa will be immense for us next season plus the other 3 we got aswell

• 76 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM

jono
    I tried to take us away from the clause as it was not what my post was about, you would not accept that and you kept bringing it back, that is ignoring someone, it seems as if we will have to agree to disagree on this, but for me the subject is closed, we should both just leave it, can we agree on that ?

• 77 Jail for Ashley // May 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM

There is an article in NUFC.com about the Carroll deal and sell on.

• 78 Le Belfast 007 // May 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Skunki your earlier comedy routine was garbage

• 79 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM

@51

They may have Pards at the bottom, but they also have Benitez ranked 19th worst of all PL managers this season, I mean they even have the likes of Adkins, McDermott and PDC as finishing way higher up the managerial rankings than him, which is ludicrous, as none of those had to come into a sh*t storm with the fans on their back and player power dominating the changing rooms.

Benitez finished 3rd and won the EL but apparently Chelsea “finished miles off the pace compared to where they were when he took over”

Firstly, his early days at Chelsea were difficult, but he finished strongly, so to place him 19th is mental.

That article is in no way factual. Just someone, spouting opinions.

Effectively, it’s no more informative than this blog.

• 80 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Markaccus – an hour is along time in those concrete pie booths, you’re only ever minutes away from death when you are facing a Meal Deal. Anyway, its a bit like Wor Al’s ‘story so far’. I was thinking of a quadrilogy, you know, like the 4 bottles of Coors for £12……. :)

• 81 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

catchy…you’re right…potatoe men is a fcuking hilarious film!

• 82 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Toon king.
    Where did I say it meant anything. Just posted a link for others to read.
    I want pardew gone and I accept he is here to stay for another season anyway.
    I think he has done awful but on my list I wouldn’t have put him bottom. Thats probably the biggest compliment I can give.

Spoof
    I was just pointing out you were wrong, move on. I didn’t read all your posts I started at one and responded that’s all. It escalated from there.

• 83 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

El Belfasto – praise indeed from the highest critical source.

• 84 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Donkey. Id add a right back to the 2 you outlined as simmo is a gonner. But we dont need 5 or 6 first teamers. If we bring in a few younger squad.players then thats ok too.

• 85 Ian Toon // May 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Tsunki- I just knew there would be a meeting of minds

• 86 Le Belfast 007 // May 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM

There’s no way in a million years there’s a 25% sell on clause like. I could believe 5% or something like that, but you don’t buy somebody for 35 million & then agree to a 25% sell on clause.

If it’s true it’s the worst deal in the history of football lol

• 87 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Life is boren with pardew onboard…. time to find a job n enjoy

• 88 Ian Toon // May 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Belfast- Thought you were doing a this is your life!

• 89 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM

jono…wasting your time on here today mate…everyone’s eating pies laced with the finest hash…they’re all high as kites!

• 90 Ian Toon // May 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Jail- Apparently it only applies if Liverpool sell at a price in excess of the purchaser ice.

• 91 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Belfast doing a this is your life? bit of a big ask that one.

• 92 Le Belfast 007 // May 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I’m just glad you value my opinion skunki.

With me being a genius in all things…

• 93 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Tsunki… i am getting speilberg in.

Tsunki and the meal deal of death. Script writes itself.

• 94 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I’m pretty sure the 25% sell on fee was in the off chance that he was sold for over 35million, that we would then get a 25% fee for any profit made on a subsequent higher transfer.

• 95 Ian Toon // May 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Benitez had no responsibility for transfers in and out. Not a level playing field. He was a coach.

• 96 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 43s
    ‘The Journal’ reporting #NUFC are looking to move for #Aubameyang this summer. They are very interested, but unlikely they will get him.

• 97 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Ha ha these sell on clauses cause such mayhem, especially sad in this case because nobody is going to pay in excess of £35m the scousers paid, so effectively it doesn’t exist, unless AC’s swallowed a crate of gold ingots recently. I think potential signing clubs will be more worried about his wage bill.

• 98 Le Belfast 007 // May 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Still working on it Ian…

• 99 Ian Toon // May 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Betenke has not yet signed a contract @ Villa. He’s waiting until after Intermationals.

• 100 toonking // May 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM

without replacements we certainly need 1 LW and 1 striker.
    What we need most this summer is the player with the attitude and motivation. cabaye HBA marvo and debuchy all might be good players but they don’t know enough about the English game and give up far to easily when we go behind.

• 101 catchy in norway // May 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Tsunki

haha

i see many have came closer to my way of thinking,

trust me when i say, im 100% behind the team, just not the manager or his coaching methods ,

thats not football to me,

im not bothered that they may give him until xmas, for me this is another year wasted on him, even if a new coach comes in, we would have lost 4 month of this season

i think if ed ran a poll , he would see that there are more against pardew than for him, and by some amount to, so pardew is living on borrowed time, the next slip up, i dont see him lasting,, and we all know that is just around the corner,,

you simply carnt play defensive football and win,, you will win a few, but inviting pressure like he does, causes trouble

i also think no matter who he brings in, there levels will fall,,

fans at all of pardews ex clubs will testify to that, so this is not a one off,, its his style

• 102 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

JB

Realistically though, considering he is one of the hottest properties in Europe right now, has had a great season and is on the radar of a lot of clubs, it was always going to be unlikely that we would get him, even if we had a good season.

I’m not going to be cut up about it if he goes somewhere else, he’s a class act.

• 103 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Tsunki…. does that mean west ham have a “gold ingot pie”? Get on it imediately! I want platinum pasties at sjp STAT!

• 104 Ian Toon // May 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Belfast- your not as miserable an old git as I was led to believe!

• 105 toonking // May 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM

jonjo if it doesn’t mean anything to you then why did you post the link when it could have been left to catchy

• 106 Le Belfast 007 // May 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I was under the impression the Carroll deal was all last minute.

30 million up front & we’ll throw in a 25 % sell on clause lol

Not even the scousers are that stupid….

• 107 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Ruddy

It was always a long shot to think we could get him mate. Ambition doesn’t equal Newcastle these days :(

• 108 lesh // May 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Markaccus.

It is with great regret that your recent recruitment drive has left me with no alternative than to tender my resignation.

I must make it clear that this in no way reflects my respect and admiration for you as an individual but sadly, recent appointments to the most senior posts in the club have caused some concern.

Whilst I recognise that those who live and work overseas are most certainly equipped to draw on their proximity to continental coaching methods, food, wine and talent, I fear you may have overlooked the need to exploit the UK.

There are many clubs in the south east of England and many from which I could draw from, for the benefit of our great club and more particularly, match its ambitoms.

Crawley Town, Eastbourne United, Hastings and Lewes have much we could learn from but, you seem to have ignored the potential such great footballing sides have to offer. In doing that, I am deeply disappointed in your judgement in not selecting me to serve you and the club, which is near to my heart.

Yours etc……

• 109 donkey // May 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Markaccus rb guti anita r taylor santon Tavernier Yanga-Mbiwa can all play there already could do with some younters i suppose but would rather loan out payers like camball this season vuvkic so they got the experince

• 110 toonking // May 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM

all rankings in football are just a pile of nonsence and that will never change while the main leaders of them know very little about football.

• 111 Midtoon // May 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM

French media on Twitter saying unlikely we will get Pea. Alternatives?

• 112 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Preparing myself for the inevitable arrival of Carlton Cole to give Pardew the experience he’s after………………….and before anyone say’s anything we all know it’s gonna happen

• 113 Tommyy // May 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Well we are truly in the mire by my reckoning. Pardew still here, Colo leaving and looks like we’re doing our standard all eggs in very few baskets in player recruitment (Aubameyang).
    I see the summer going something along the lines of us scrabbling around trying to find anyone who is willing to join in the positions we need after a woeful season of awful football. It’s unlikely many of these so called ‘purples’ will be willing to join us now.
    I think this will be the hardest summer we’ve had in years for player recruitment.
    I’m sure we won’t get our top targets and we’ll get some more lightweight deals to make up the numbers under the presence that they were players we wanted all along.
    I think we’ll struggle again and Pardew will be out by Christmas with yet another season wasted. Then it’ll be back to square one in the summer when many of the players jump ship and we have to start over again.

• 114 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Well now that Belfast is here I’m off. Later.

• 115 Le Belfast 007 // May 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Getting rid of Shola & signing Carlton Cole.

Like swapping Dog shit for Cat shit.

• 116 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

JB

It would an unbelievable sign of ambition if we managed to snatch PEA from the other clubs who are inevitably interested in him and can offer him so much more in the way of money, CL football, playing stlye etc so for that reason I wouldn’t be distraught

I would be distraught if Carlton Cole was the alternative though…

• 117 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Belfast

It’s gonna happen mate, we all know it…………Pardew and Ashley hate us and want to see us suffer :(

• 118 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Lesh! Dont be so hasty! I left an open invitation for people to apply for any position within the club. Now, if you wish, we can discuss the “Bloody southerners management team”. You can lead this, with tds, tads, and any others who are southern based as your team.

• 119 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM

*style

• 120 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Markaccus

I’d offer my services to scout Ireland for players, but take one look at our National team (the supposed cream de la cream of Irish players) and I think…what would be the point?

I’m sure this sort of apathy is to be encouraged yes?

• 121 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Take care tsunki. Get the oven on.

• 122 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Toon king.
    Why not? Why is it Ok for catchy but not me.
    Its a public blog you didn’t have to click the link.
    I thought it was interesting all the same.
    Why are some people so defensive over pardew? I don’t get it. Mark my words this time next year he will not be here. That is my opinion but I’m certain of it.
    There really are some tools on this Web site

• 123 Tommyy // May 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Carlton Cole won’t be coming here purely because of the fan uproar if he did. I bet Pardew would take him though.

• 124 lesh // May 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Interesting that since it’s become likely that Pardew’s staying, Martinez has been granted more time to think about whether or not he’s staying with Wigan!

• 125 toonking // May 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM

the team for next season that I would like is
    ____________krul_________
    debuchy_colo/CB_saylor/mbiwa/santon
    marvo___sissoko/anita_cabaye_LW
    ________cisse/striker/HBA if he stops being selfish

what I can see then happening is we can play in a much better organise 4-3-3, 4-1-3-2 and 4-2-3-1
    basically like this
    GK
    FB_CB_CB_FB
    ___CM__CM
    RW___CAM___LW
    ______striker

• 126 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM

if we send in markaccus do you think he could talk owen out of retirement

• 127 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Yeah ruddy… id be in the team before most of the current ireland squad. Keep your eyes open for a bargain though. I have appointed a good team of scouts… of which, ketsbaia would like many of irelands ‘scharneresque’ players.

• 128 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Tommyy

And what fan uproar is that???

Like when Jonas plays every week?
    Like when we see poor tactics every week?
    Like now, when Pardew is staying?

Fan uproar is nothing but a whimper, if Cole was brought in nothing would be said or done other than people bitching on blogs like this

• 129 toonking // May 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM

jono
    you said it meant nothing to you so it meant nothing unlike catchy who never stop trying to prove things everyday

but if you still insist on you post well just think of my post about the ranking as the same think only I add info on why I posted it.

• 130 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Markaccus

We’ve many Scharner-esque players, and by that I mean dreadful footballers who wriggle their way into PL teams despite having incredibly limited ability and a very questionable temperament.

Although, half our national squad is either Scottish or English, so they’re not really ours :P

• 131 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM

toonking…you’re making a very brave assumption that the team will stay intact…which I very much doubt now that Pardew has been confirmed as staying.

At least 4 of the players in your team won’t be here next year

• 132 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Jono

Interesting our not, surely if you dissected it you’d have realised what sort of old tosh it really was.

The article had Hughton 4th. 4th!?! I mean, he done well enough I suppose but 4th best manager in the league!? Behave.

• 133 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

NB Pardew has not officially been confirmed as being NUFC manager for next season

• 134 lesh // May 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Markaccus…. Being in charge of Tads, Tds et al would be an honour but I could not take on that role unless they fully agreed with the appointment.

As that’s unlikely and the damage is done, I may have to seriously consider the approaches being made by the local swivel-eyed loons

• 135 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Ruddy

They don’t have to confirm him as manager for next season

• 136 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Jack Butler

Until Pardew holds a press conference confirming it, it really is still only speculation.

• 137 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Just for the record folks, I now fully expect Pards to be NUFC manager for next season, just think we should approach a wait and see attitude until we receive confirmation of sorts

• 138 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM

If capitals = shouting / definateley come true…what does bold mean?

• 139 tequilamag // May 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Spartky,@131 maybe your making a few assumptions of your own saying 4 of that team will not be here next year.

• 140 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Lmao @ swivel eyed loons.

Athletico mouth-breathers

Real duelling banjos.

• 141 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Ruddy

He has no need to hold a press conference, the only time we would hear something is if he’s sacked, other than that we#” not hear from Pardew until closer to pre season

• 142 toonking // May 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM

my own defense on him is fully down to me knowing that if he did leave our next manager won’t be any better yet the team will loose its best players.
    I have followed Ashley throught his time at the toon and he hasn’t once proved ambitious with how much he spends on transfers when he wanted to sell the club all he wanted all that money he spent to save us from admin to be included in the price also he still hasn’t said anything to the press. and as soon as Wonga did bring our true stadium name back what does he do buyes the naming rights of rangers.

• 143 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Jack Butler

Given the speculation that’s surrounded his future, I would like to think the club, or Pardew himself would make some form of statement.

If not, then it will be bad communication…nothing new there then I suppose.

Sparky

A bold statement? Hoho

• 144 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Sparky… bold text means assertive but non agressive… maybe :D

• 145 outsidethebox // May 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM

the bookies reckon toon will finish 8th …and mackems 15th for next season (for info only)…

• 146 stuart no9 // May 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM

got to say – hats off to walker central , they are doing a sterling job. when i lived round there as a kid it was just a wreck – hence the name monkchester rd wreck. to see what they have done with it makes me feel very proud to born and raised in walker -even though it was ,and still is a deprived area – i loved it , still do even though i dont live there any more . keep up the good work lads.

• 147 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM

tequilamag…lol… I can’t sensibly defend that one but I do know the essence of what I’m saying is in fact correct…just you watch

• 148 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Ruddy

We have no communication with the club, they don’t tell us anything and I can’t see anything changing.

If Pardew’s future was a big media story then maybe we would hear something but it’s not so nothing will be said imo

• 149 Tommyy // May 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Jack Butler,

Good shout, or should I say perceived fan uproar. It won’t happen because it would obviously further alienate an already teetering fan base. Fans won’t accept Jonas starting or Pardew staying if it continues to bring terrible football and results for much longer.
    We’ve been admirably patient as I think any other club would have sacked Pardew by now, and any comment from anyone saying otherwise boils my blood.
    It won’t continue though if things don’t buck up and quickly. Pardew surely knows that next seasons start HAS to be good or the fans will be booing and the banners will start to fly.

• 150 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Right. Home time. See you all later. No messing about in the board room while im gone.

• 151 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Tommyy

We used to voice our opinion to the club more when we were around the top of the league than we have done during a relegation season and this total debacle of a season.

But sadly I can’t see anything changing next season but agree that he has to be on borrowed time

• 152 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM

JB

You could be right, perhaps it is my own wishful thinking that the club would think enough of us as fans to let us know for definite one way or the other.

If they don’t then those who desperately wish to see him sacked will probably cling on to little morsels of hope, which is just cruel on poor Catchy haha

I want to see him gone too, but it does look like he’s staying.

• 153 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM

…So where are be going to go from here! Any thoughts? ;)

• 154 toonking // May 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM

sparky
    out of all that team the main ones I think may leave for better clubs are krul marvo HBA and cabaye and out of them i only have marvo and krul as a must keep, cabaye is a maybe but HBA at the minute is too selfish IMO

as for the others well i don’t think the risk of them leaving for big money and big clubs is high i put it down to other reasons
    anita maybe gets sick of not starting which could be a reason for marvo too
    colo personal
    debuchy if cabaye left he follows

when comments like yours are mentioned it’s more reason i hate transfer windows as a Newcastle fan with this owner we have.

• 155 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM

He’s not getting sacked just yet but it’s defo the beginning of the end…he’ll fall flat on his face and be out by November…you heard it here first…or maybe 63rd…but he’s defo a dead man walking

• 156 Ketsbaia9 // May 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Carlton Cole is better than Shola but he was at his best when he played for Chelsea. Shola did ok for the England U21′s.

So many players start off well in their careers and then decline. Emile Heskey was very good when he started his career at Leicester and then went downhill.

• 157 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

toonking…sorry if I’ve hit a nerve but you’re 100% agreeing with me!

• 158 ToonDarnSarf // May 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

There won’t be an announcement about Pardew staying because that’s not actually news. And if they did announce it, then it would be clear that Ashley seriously considered getting rid of him. No business works like that.

Of course there must have been a post mortem of our recent season, and Pardew will be told that he needs to do better. But then he’ll have outlined his plans on how to do this.

I just hope there are a few good early signings and if anyone key is leaving, then they leave for big money and as early as possible.

• 159 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

If he stays and goes on to prove that he incapable of changing how he approaches the game next season, he’ll be sacked, Ashley wont pay out for a quality manager and we’ll end up with Curbishly or any one of a host of poor managers who cant get themselves a job

• 160 Tommyy // May 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

This is true but then again what has it done for us? Absolutely nothing but start the slide toward relegation.
    Fans have begun to wise up since then and are more tolerant nowadays, but not so tolerant as to allow more poor performances and midtable next season I’m sure.

• 161 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM

For me logic dictates that Pardew won’t be sack next season unless we are on collision course (he have accepted tis season)

…and if he is keeping faith with him I cannot see him sacking him anytime soon (unless everything goes haywire)

That’s the sad realization of being a NUFC supporter these days :(

• 162 G // May 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Great, now Markaccus has gone, us sh*te merchants in the press can do a stitch up peice outlining what a poop job he’d doing of running our club, and how we were better off under the previous regime.

• 163 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM

jack…not sure i agree…at the end of the day cashley is a businessman who will ensure his investment in the club is not endangered….Pardew is as low as he will go because of the debt…IMO the next manager will cost him and that’s why he’s giving pardew one last chance toprove himself until such time he sells it to an arab

• 164 Ketsbaia9 // May 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM

So it looks like Coloccini if definitely leaving, so we need to sign two quality centre along with at least two attacking midfielders and at least two new strikers this summer.

We’d still need to bring in 2/3 new players in january.

• 165 kevymartins // May 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Hurry up and bring the big man home.

• 166 toonking // May 23, 2013 at 4:43 PM

sparky not quite 100% the reason i believe they leave is them 4 want extra money and champions league.
    why would these have joined Newcastle two years ago if they hated pardew.

• 167 JackButler // May 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM

sparky55

His investment is being endangered by sticking with Pardew as results went our way and we retained our position in the PL.

There are managers like Benitez out there today who would cost nothing in compensation but getting in someone mid season would cost him in compensation and then wages plus additional money come the next transfer window.

If Ashley was willing to pay that amount out say come November then why not now?

Thats why we’ll end up with a Curbishly type as he’d be the cheap option, just as Pardew, JFK, Shearer and Houghton were

• 168 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM

toonking…they didn’t realise what a useless tw@t he was 2 years ago…if he was going for them now then none of them would join!

• 169 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM

jack…we’re sort of agreeing…

If I was fat boy i’d have got rafa in now and told him he’s got no budget til he proves he can get the team playing again.

but i’m not …and fatboy isn’t anywhere near as clever as me…lol

• 170 beefman13 // May 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

To me it looks like the gang of Three being MA DL AND AP are in a pact, its a closed shop, my feeling is the five year plan wont be seen out and MA will sell up within 18 months, and DL AND AP WILL GO AS WELL, that’s the conclusion I have came to, I do see us bringing in some decent players in the summer and letting some go also, but I cant see us being consistant from game to game with Alan Pardew in charge, we all know that the toon did not put in one whole consistant 90 mins in the whole of last season, which is quite staggering, maybe that is the only thing that was consistant the consistency!!!!

I just wonder how AP is going to handle any bad runs we go on next season, well I do know the politicians hat will be back on to blame one thing or another, I suppose AP has been the most consistent thing this season with his wineing on about the same old same old, oh how im looking forward to that?!?!

Yes its definatly a CLOSED SHOP, THE FELLA PARDEW SHOULD HAVE GOT HIS P45, NO IFS OR BUTTS.

• 171 Abu Qatada - more popular in Europe (and lasted longer) than Pardew // May 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Well now Pardew’s confirmed as staying good luck and I really hope he and the board prove every one wrong, I’m more than happy if we achieve success even with some one I don’t like.

Must say I’m a bit disappointed that their meeting was all about discussing what had gone wrong last season, I had hoped they discuss how they would put it right this season because there’s no way Pardew has the ability to figure it out himself!

I don’t suppose we’ve bid for anyone yet?

previous post: Carroll Situation Similar To Michael Owen’s In 2005

next post: San Lorenzo Want Coloccini – President To Meet With Newcastle Captain