The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Striker Could Ask For A Transfer

10:08 am, Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 290 Comments

We noticed this year that Shola Ameobi got very little playing time under Alan Pardew, even though we were short of strikers and didn’t replace Demba Ba in January, after he joined Chelsea.

shola ameobi hand on head

Shola Ameobi – could ask for a transfer this summer

Shola signed a three year contract just after Alan Pardew arrived two years ago, and it runs out next summer.

Newcastle have apparently already offered the local lad an extension to that deal, but it seems he is mulling over his options.

Alan Pardew had met with Shola last week to ask him what his intentions were, and it seems ironic if Shola decides he wants to move on,  when the Newcastle manager is trying to bring players with Premier League experience into the club this summer.

Papiss Cisse and Shola Ameobi were the only two recognised strikers at the club after Demba Ba left, although Yoan Gouffran can play there, and we have 18 year-old Adam Campbell quickly coming through the ranks.

If Ameobi does ask for a move with 12 months remaining on his contract,  we think Newcastle would be willing to let the local striker leave, and we’ll have to bring in yet another striker.

Shola also has a poor record with injuries,  and when he was introduced in the second half at West Brom he injured his knee, and was out for the season.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Shola Ameobi · Transfer News and Rumours

290 responses so far ↓

• 1 hotdog // May 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM

REPOST 32hotdog // May 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Rotonda – how exactly would that go? Packing in Newcastle after following them for 50 years!

• 2 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM

33toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Rotonda
    That’s your choice mate, you’ve probably spent thousands on following the toon, but I’d hope you had the sense to think that those who still follow aren’t real fans!

• 3 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Not saying shoals a world beater, but if he goes we have cisse and Campbell…….,
    3 more CF’s needed if shola goes

• 4 89Norcal // May 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM

To be totally honest it would probably be Championship football for Shola, who would take him in the EPL except for absolute peanuts?

• 5 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM

TADS – don’t waste your breath mate! true fans might SAY they will stop supporting this team…but they never will!!

Plastic fans who walk away and find a ‘re and better club’ we’re never true toon fans to begin with.

• 6 Spreadthetoon // May 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM

repost

Well MA & DL have backed AP……well I hope they made it clear that a repeat of last season will not be tolerated……I hope. So the owners have backed the mgr so there is no where to go with this for now….so posters writing “PARDEW OUT” are clearly wasting there time and energy posting it….it ain’t gonna happen or at least it ain’t gonna happen now.

So I guess the main thing is now the transfer window and the relaxation of summer. Personally I’d like to see us move quickly in the market, show ambition and signal to the other players that NUFC mean business. It will settle players in quickly and also assure our existing players that NUFC wanna go places. I want us to sign these 3 players without any departees…..other than perhaps Jonas (who’s been great for the club but is past his best), and bring in the following, in this priority:-

1.Siem De Yong
    2.Jermaine Lens
    3.PEA

Do that….and we’re in business for nxt season! HWTL

• 7 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM

So long shola

Go ruin someone else now, if you can find some 1

Take your inept brother with you too please

• 8 89Norcal // May 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Don’t think we would offload Jonas.

Pardew is clinging to his out-dated philosophy regarding Jonas: that NUFC fans will support him unconditionally as long as he runs his ass off every game.

I got the chills when I saw Pardew congratulating him at half-time in the Chelsea game, when he scored that header. The bad kind of chills btw.

• 9 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Torq
    No arguments here mate!!
    Any news mate? I’d like to see us really revamp the development squad this season
    Maybe with harps leaving it will pave the way for that beast of a lad from Toulouse?

• 10 Wayayman // May 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Ok, anyone disputing or on the fence about Pardew’s ability as a top level manager/coach think about this…

You can agree with his excuses about the Europa lge draining our tiny, teeny-weeny squad, but bear in mind that in the group games we never started the same 11 as we did on the saturdays either side of the europa games. Hell, we pretty much changed the full team.

You can argue about injuries, moaning that any team in the league would have been as badly affected by injuries to their top players. But hang on, most teams have had injuries to contend with at some point. e’re the only ones who seem to consistently get injuries to our best players (Collo, Krul, Hatem, Cabaye, Marveaux, Shola. Ok, maybe not Shola…
    So we need to ask ourselves WHY do we get these reoccurring problems? Clearly, the medical staff are inept. Or, does the manger rush the players back too early ???

You could also whinge about your top scorer leaving mid-season. But then again if we were flying as high as we were last season, and the coaching was top class, producing the style of football we all (footballers included) crave, would that top striker have wanted to leave?

You might look at the fact that Cabaye, Tiote, Hatem, Jonas have all had seasons as bad as they were brilliant last time round. Or you could put it down to the fact that last year we were one of the luckiest teams in the league and every one of out players were on top form at the same time making the team almost pick itself. Players in good mental states play better than ones with clouds hanging over them.

But what you can never ever argue with are the facts. That Pardew’s substitutions are beyond baffling – replacing one player with an inferior one in the exact position, or bringing off a well perfoming left back and moving an ineffective LM/CM back to left back, and bringing on a DM in their place while we are LOSING.
    Or bringing off players who can unlock the door (Ben Arfa(, or ones who run all day for you (Goofy) and replace them with Shola.

Or just by never ever subbing Jonas who looks a shadow of the player he was for us.

Like has been said many times on this blog, Pardew has barley a plan A let alone a plan B or C.

Watching the tactically aware managers move things around DURING game. I remember this past season watching Spurs all over Man C and on the half hour Mancini took off his left back and replaced him with an attacking midfielder, going 3 at the back till half time. The turn around was instant. He didn’t sit back and hope to get to half time still level, he saw the problem and rectified it by putting the oppo under some offensive pressure. Sadly, we’ll never have a manager who understands a game like that. Not for the next 7 years anyway.

• 11 sirjasontoon // May 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Good Riddance.
    Proper Shit and so is Sammy.

• 12 Laurent Robert 32 // May 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Gutted.

• 13 alex84 // May 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Torq,
    Hi, never spoke before on here but admire your stance to stay positive.

I for one have tried to give Pardew a chance this season, even argued with Catchy, but after what we have witnessed this season do you not think we could be in for more of the same, Pardew’s managerial career pans out the same at every club he has been at, he has not learnt at all from previous mistakes, I will support the players and club as always but I can not support a manager who has a philosophy that would make Don Howe like he coaches Barca players

• 14 Spreadthetoon // May 23, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Shola’s been a legend……but he missed the opportunity of a ACON medal and the experience and confidence that would have given him.
    Shola’s been loyal to this club for many a year despite loads of “fans” slating him. I think Shola should make a move to another club cos’ for whatever reason he doesn’t seem to fit the mould irrespective of the manager. I.E. Serveral managers have never chosen him as an out and out striker game in game out. Shola’s not getting any younger so he may as well play somewhere else and continue to enjoy his footy!

• 15 89Norcal // May 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Wayayman

That’s basically my views atm. In terms of managerial faults, Pardew does himself no favors with his subs, but a few times he’s taken chances or set up tactics that paid off.

That’s one of the things keeping me neutral. But if his tactics don’t improve with a clean slate I would like him gone. But I’ll support him until then because having the monumental hatred of the Geordie nation on your back is a major disadvantage to begin with.

• 16 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Nigeria would never have won the AcoN if this donkey was in there team

• 17 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Spread
    Well said mate
    Sad to see all the legends leaving, an end of an era!

• 18 Offkey // May 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Chris Kamara ?@chris_kammy 1h
    On my way to St James’s Park, I have a meeting with Mike Ashley it could be a long one!!! Not sure if cutting the grass is my forte #whatis?

What do you make of this?

• 19 Spreadthetoon // May 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM

TADS
    Ey don’t get emotional TADS…..we’ve still got AP…………….he’s “special” and a “legend” in his own right! LOL :)

• 20 89Norcal // May 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Indian “Magpie”

stop b**ching. You’re starting to trip off my mackem radar honestly man..

there are some truly epic trolls on the internets after all.

• 21 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Offkey
    Unnnbelliiiiieeeevvvaaaabbbbllleee

• 22 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Spread
    Lol!

• 23 jordijohnty // May 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM

right, lets get this straight. Pardew stays. his dire football will get him sacked before xmas. then what? who would we get as a replacement half way through the season when anyone decent will already be tied up on a long term contract? you couldnt make this sh+t up!

• 24 Hatem's better than Messi // May 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Can’t see anyone wanting him.

His strike rate is poor.
    His injury record isn’t good. He rarely plays two or three matches before injury strikes.

He hasn’t the stamina to keep on making runs, so he strolls around, usually offside.

We’re stuck.
    Contract extension, you have to be joking.

• 25 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM

First good headline in ages.

Hotdog

Giving up is easier said than done but I think my long suffering girlfriend, friends etc would be delighted as I think my pessemistic and depressing personality is heavily linked to supporting NUFC. I really think it could be as simple as that! Supporting NUFC should come with a mental health warning!!.

Torq

I think many people feel quite correctly that short term pain for long term gain in the form of a boycott is perhaps the only thing that may effect change.

A couple of matches with empty stadiums would concentrate Ashley’s mind considerably in a way nothing else would. Either that or continued mediocrity for the foreseeable.

I have supported some of Ashley’s initiatives. You don’t get to be a double billionaire by not implementing some good ideas and concepts.

But the combined effect of having a creep of a chairman, an inadequate of a manager, a lack of fit and proper medical and fitness staff gives the impression of jobs of the boys and a total lack of professionalism, compounded by a controversial sponsor it doesn’t paint a particularly appealing picture.

• 26 stuart no9 // May 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM

TADS — you said – i said – real fans should stop supporting the team – sorry i didnt say that! if someone else said that , not my fault , but to blame me for another persons quote – is a bit out of order , dont you think , if you want to pick an argument with me , thats fine – all for that , but make sure i said it first !

• 27 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Morning Alex.

I completely agree with your stance on pardew. But I think that he can be the easiest option to blame. He has been at fault, and tactically is poor more often than not. However I also believe his coaching staff have been inept. If pardew is to stay, I would completely revamp our coaching setup and get rid of our antiquated staff and replace with modern continental coaches and coaching styles.

TADS – As far as updates go mate. I’m hearing more and more about Siem de jong his apparent interest in this football club. Everybody knows our confirmed interest in PEA and we are I’m constant contact with his agents to try and hash things out.

Yes he has been linked with Dortmund, but he is more keen on England than he is Germany. Plus he is a fan of pardew and has extremely close friends already in our squad.

So who knows?!?

Belhanda still would love to come to us, as he spoke of in the winter window, and that now would come down to money.

Yanga is doing the groundwork and as his best friend, is extremely influential in his decison!

Gonna be a busy summer!! :-)

• 28 Offkey // May 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

tads – I expected better from you 😉

• 29 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Offkey

probably a tasteful mobile betting link up to go with Wonga!

• 30 Sambo from belgium // May 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Apparantly Vermaelen from Arsenal is for the grabs for arround 6 million…I would get him without thinking..

• 31 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Torq

Pardew could teach Belhanda to track back on the other side of Benny!! Another great talent but will be totally wasted here.

• 32 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Lol
    Plus he is a fan of pardew. Lol
    I’ll make this easy. Give me just 1 reason why.
    The only fans of pardew are Jonas, mike Ashley and a few passive supporters on here.
    Lol
    Thanks for cheering me up.

• 33 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Torq Toon

May i ask you a question?

PEA is a fan of pardew? is that true.

• 34 Spreadthetoon // May 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Torq
    Has your keyring gotta a secret recording device! Keep it ringing……LOL :)

• 35 alex84 // May 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Torq,

Yeah I think that is the only option, leave Pardew to man manage the players, learn from continental coaches and who can get the best out of the personnel that we have, I think it would do him the world of good and any coach and manager should embrace new ideas never standing still, look at Fergie.

I really do hope we get a better manager but if not, this is the only way forward.

• 36 Roppa // May 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

If it is true, that Mike Ashley has retained the services of the ‘esteemed’ Alan Pardew, it is a clear statement of his intentions for NUFC. With this one decision he has clarified his position and stated quite categorically that he has no ambition for the club. NUFC is a ‘convenience’ for him & for Sports Direct – it also allows him to pamper his best (maybe only) buddies Lambias & Pardew, and to reward them with their friendship by having them on the payroll – irrespective of how effective they are. For Mike Ashley, NUFC is simply an asset that he will keep ‘ticking over’ until he can sell it on for a handsome profit. I sincerely hope I’m wrong, but it looks to me as though as long as Mike Ashley owns NUFC, Pardew’s job will be safe!

• 37 jdizzle // May 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I can see Norwich and Chris Hughton wanting him

• 38 Midtoon // May 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Torq – Good to see you on here mate. Whole heartedly agree with your views re pards.
    Wait did you say Pea is a fan of pards?
    Who are his friends in the squad?

Belhanda and de jong would be the link we need between mf and att. But does that mean Benny and yohan are off?

• 39 Spreadthetoon // May 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM

defo need a shake up of back room staff….medics perhaps and defo coaches, better fitness levels and training should ensure less injuries…..

• 40 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Torq

After 50 years i think i consider myself a real fan and if I could walk away it wouldn’t be to support another team, I would just to take a break from being routinely disappointed.

• 41 GeordieDan // May 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Woah there’s some cat-fighting going on in here today.

Later ladies. I’ll come back when there’s football on again! 😀

• 42 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM

There is one notable absence from here since “the news” was announced. Probably dissolved into a pool of sorrow and frustration.

Good luck to shola if he goes. Has occasionally pulled us out of the sh1t in games. I don’t hate him like some emotionally scarred individuals on here, and he isn’t totally useless. I will always remember him as a makem slayer. I think one of the relegated teams would profit from his experience. I’m thinking reading would suit him.

• 43 Hatem's better than Messi // May 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Rotonda

Three home defeats to end a miserable season and there was hardly a murmur of discontent.
    The Toon Army weren’t singing “Pardew Out” or “You Don’t Know What You’re Doing”.
    A couple of matches with empty stadiums would be a miracle.
    People have paid for their season tickets so they’ll go.
    Attendance might drop below 50,000 if we have a bad run but we’ll still sell out for ‘A’ games.

The supporters in the stadium can have a say in club affairs but need to vocalise their discontent instead of walking out.

• 44 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Rotonda – I just hope we can shore up our defensive midfielders and therefore HBA and (possibly) Belhanda won’t HAVE to constantly track back.

Indian – That is true, my friend. He has often spoke about pardew (the man) and always kept him in high regard for his love of the French players and the respect and decency he and MA treat their foreign contingent. He loved the French day SJP put on and knows that he would be idolized by 52,000 fans every home game!

Told him that myself.

Spread – I will adapt the keyring to make it able to record! Haha

• 45 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

jdizzle

Yeah Van wolfswinkle can learn from him

• 46 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Torq
    Busy busy then!
    A funny one mate but a mate of mine has a box at arsenal, he told me last summer I think we were interested in konscielny, didn’t think much of it but he reckons we’re still interested, would be a great colo replacement but given his recent rise in the arsenal rankings can’t see it being true, just wondered if you had heard him mentioned?

Offkey
    I’m sorry I’ll get me coat!

Stuart
    I’ll be honest I was pretty riled up by Indian mags comments after he’s spent so long abusing anyone who didn’t finish a post with pardew out!
    So maybe I’ve missed a previous debate and read your comment wrong, if I have then you have my full apologies, but I still don’t understand the need for people to justify there support?

If like Indian, you can change your team then surely your not a fan, bug if like you, me most people on here you want the team to do well but will continue to support them through the hard times you are?

I don’t think anyone would turn there noses up at a new manager, but if, like it looks they have, the board have backed pardew, then surely it’s better to hope he has learned and can turn things around rather than hope he doesn’t just so he gets sacked?

• 47 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Torq… morning…. was there not something about pea going to monaco?? I might have mis heard like.

• 48 sparky55 // May 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Shola’s better in the dressing room than he is on the pitch and therefore has a value but are we so irrationally delusional we really think PEA will come to newcastle.

As soon as he speaks to the other french lads in the team he’ll off in the other direction in a flash.

The really stupid thing about the decision to keep pardew is the fact we’ll lose our good creative players along with tiote as a result …it beggars belief Ashley isn’t aware of the player unrest which means a lot has to be done in the summer…but at the end of the day the net spend will leave Ashley in credit because we’ll get a lot more than we paid for the players that will leave so maybe Ashley’s not so stupid and wants to get some of his loan money back out of the club before hopefully selling it

• 49 GeordieDan // May 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Torq>

I had no idea Tanga was PEA’s best mate. Could be handy but thought you’d said the other day that PEA wasn;t impressed at all by our league position and was looking elsewhere?

Gobsmacked he’s a fan of Pardew like! Must be something lost in translation?

• 50 GeordieDan // May 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Tanga=Yanga. :(

• 51 Spreadthetoon // May 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Rotonda
    I do not think that AP would be allowed to “repeat” last season.
    He will be under tremendous pressure to perform. AP will state the size of the squad and claim that he needs further backing. MA will provide that backing this summer tfr window….that I am confident of……so AP will not have any excuses this season coming……he will need to perform….and I think that is a fair and considered position. If we’re in the pooh in October then I think he will be gone.
    Most people are not a MAJOR fan of AP. But he is the mgr of our great club. We back our club whatever, mgr’s come and go but SJP remains. Hold in there…..we could all be pleasantly surprised but agree that probabilities of law would indicate that APs days are numbered. He will be the one under pressure to perform. Stick by the club man, we’ve got great players and probably one of the most exciting squads/teams that we’ve had in a decade….support them even if you don’t like the regime. Back our club.

• 52 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Rotonda – That’s not what I would class as walking away. A break from this club is sometimes a good thing. But we both know you will still read this blog and let NUFC affect you every single day! :-)

• 53 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Torq toon

Thanks

pardew has love of the French players, its carr more likely

• 54 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Did i miss an announcement ? has it been 100% confirmed pardew is staying?

• 55 jordijohnty // May 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Do you think ashley, or lameArse, ever get of their backsides and have meetings with key players. If I invested 15million on a person for 4 years, I would damned well make it my business that everything was OK

• 56 GeordieDan // May 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Ameobi hasn’t been played this season because he has either A)Been injured or B)Been absolutely shockingly poor when he has came on.

The guyhas averaged aroun 3-4goals a season for the last 11years or so. If you played most centre backs up front all season they’d bag that many goals without too much effort.

He didn’t even show up for the derby (nor did anyone else) and that was the one reason we all wanted to hang on to him lets be honest.

He might be a very decent bloke and great around the club but prolific he is not, fast he is not and a player capable of even being ranked as a 4th choice striker at a premiership club supposedly aiming for top the most certainly is not.

He needs to go to make rooms for those who can do the job.

• 57 Ian Toon // May 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Owners/managers come and go but you always support the toon. It can be a daunting challenge but I am looking for lessons to be learnt and a much better season in prospect. The owner/Manager undoubtedly were complacent going into a season with a third more games in prospect. Players in early will ensure a squad going into pre season training with the best chance to perform well.
    Rotonda – I didn’t really ever have you down as a flip flop flaky fan or a prima donna. You might at least wait until the fixtures are out to capture your imagination.

• 58 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Morning Mark – I think Monaco are being linked with anybody and everybody mate!!

Dan – I think it’s more Pardew the man, than pardew the manager!! But the respect is there, I just think he (pards) needs more backup and support from our so called coaching staff.

Im not sure that was me about PEA as I’ve not been with his club to hear that for a while. I can imagine he wasn’t impressed. But as I said, luckily the French press are over emphasising our injury problems and blaming that, and mistakes by Mike Ashley last summer, for our season. Pardew hasnt come out of it as bad as he has in the English press.

He may very well end up elsewhere, but it won’t be for lack of trying or ambition from this football club. They’ve been working solidly for months on this lad. But in football, nothing is ever certain.

• 59 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I cant see us signing Perry Eminates A-Boomarrang. He will surely be in a euro team? I hope i am wrong and that Torqs usually reliable info remains as such 😀

• 60 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Rotonda – Nothing official mate!

All mere paper talk.

• 61 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

GeordieDan

Decent Bloke – poor footballer

Roy keane – totally opposite

Who would you have

• 62 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Torq…. i must have missed something in the media… have Monaco suddenly become very rich? I remember in the mid 90s they were a great side. Henry and trezeguet (spelling?) were around then.

• 63 nufcsquirt // May 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I usually try to defend ameobi but this season you cant defend him, has been absent most of the season, and when he has played he has not affected the game at all, sorry shola but i think your time is up.

• 64 lewisnufc // May 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Anyone heard that Arsenal are only after 5 mill for Vermaelen?

I’d take him like. Got that prem experience Pardew’s on about…

• 65 Midtoon // May 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Can you imagine they attacking talent at our disposal if we had hba, cabaye, belhanda, pea, cisse in the squad. We would have at least 3 game changers in pea , belhanda and hba.

• 66 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Markaccus
    Mega rich mate in the last 24hrs they have apparently bid for falcao and a joint £70mil bid for Rodriguez and mouhtinio(?) from porto

• 67 wolfshead@toon // May 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM

i dont know why they gave shola a new contract other than he was here and he was cheap?

• 68 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Indian. Does the fact that ameobi is a nice bloke but poor player qualify him for the pure vitiolic hatred that you direct towards him? Hatebis a strong and horrible emotion and should not be felt towards somone just because theybare not good at something. He isnt hurting anyone. Only unstable people hate for such trivial things.

• 69 fergies left foot // May 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM

regarding our striker targets; A player in the Jermaine Lens, PEA, Remy-mold is a must! How can you want WIlfred Bony? Scores goals for fun in the eredivise, yes, but can only play the central target role. this leaves us with the same dilemma we had with ba and cisse! and that utrned out well.. hm.

id like to see a striker who’ll start as LW but can cover up for cissé in the middle when injured or tired. thoughts?

• 70 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Tads… holy sh1t. Instant CL semi finalists at least with that lot.

• 71 fergies left foot // May 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Belhanda is a good call midtoon! would be happy with mertens too, although unlikely.

• 72 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Mark – They are loaded mate! Owners last valuation was around 7 billion.

They are buying falcao, Moutinho, Rodriquez so far, all for a bargain price of €180mil. They also want tevez, Diego Lopez and Patrice evra.

I would say that PEA would struggle for a place of they secure their targets.

• 73 GeordieDan // May 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Torq>
    Glad your still confident we’re doing all we can to get him here behind the scenes. Also that Siem De Jong link you mentioned is VERY interesting.

Could that be a deal that sneaks through under the radar? Hope so.

Indian>
    Can’t argue with that.

• 74 lesh // May 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Offkey @18.

If kamara’s on his way to meet with Ashley, it’s succession planning in action.

Kamara’s record speaks for itself as an ideal successor to Pardew. His three months as Stoke manager was a disaster and the team could not recover from their poor form and were relegated to the third tier.

Early days but maybe an indication of the ambition we want to see!!

• 75 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Pardews Puppets

• 76 fergies left foot // May 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

*turned

• 77 ichrisho // May 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Morning All – I can see we have folk deserting the club, folk not going to matches next season, folk giving up entirely… Look Ladies and Gents (an’ I have had to accept this since the aftermath of the 7-3 drubbing by Arsenal) MA owns this club outright. He can do as he pleases when he pleases. He wants to keep Pardew – He keeps him. He wants to paint the whole club bright Red and White – He’ll do it. Fans meh…. As AP said – even if we went down folk would still come in their thousands… they all (at board level) know that folk will come anyway no matter who is signed or who the manager is… I mean if 50,000 turn up to watch Joe Kinnear (Case in point)… I have learned though 15 years supporting the Toon that we as a unit of supporters are being weekly abused through our emotions… We care too much – they dont care enough. MA isnt a man who forgets getting threatened or his family abused and all I know is he WILL DO what he wants and if you dont like it. Simply funk you… All the ramblings and suggestions arent going to change anything… Lets just focus on the next season and support the guys in the shirt. Forget about MA, DL and AP… we have no choice until they’re gone but to put up with them. Focus on the team and support them as we always have done. Its easier on the soul and makes the connection to NUFC a footballing one not anything else.

• 78 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Fergies left foot….
    Agree we need a nippy striker. But i also think we need a bony-type too. We are woefully short of options up front.

• 79 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM

They are not in CL

• 80 aidytoon9 // May 23, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I could never walk away from the toon as it has been in me since being a kid. But it is true as we often feel let down by the club.
    If pardew stays then well ok, dont forget we did finish 5th, the thing that gets me is he seems to make regular tactical mistakes.
    Also demba has been a massive miss which is obvious.

But hey I am really looking forward to next season as I always hope something will change and we will win something.
    Can you imagine this blog if we do.
    HWTL.

• 81 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Torq…. ffs the world has gone mad 😀

Forget what i said to tads about semi finals. Winners with that lot!

• 82 Griff-toon // May 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Hello lads,

Time to back Pardew and stay positive. Nothing else we can do about it :)

He has got us 5th before, surely he can take us forward again. Things need to be changed and he has the summer now to do it. And players need to get their head sorted for the new season. With a good second striker and maby a new nr 10 role I think we will se a change. Fingers crossed players stay injury free.

• 83 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Indian…. in which case as soon as they qualify… they will go on to win it i believe.

• 84 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM

WE WILL NEVA EVEA WIN CUPS… WE WILL ONLY WIN TEA CUPS….. EVERY CLUB WILL BE CHASENG FOR TROPHYS BUT ONLY NEWCASTLE WILL BE TRYN TO SAVE OUR SELF FROM RELEGATION

• 85 Ginger // May 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Wouldn’t be that bothered if Shola left.

Love the bloke but he’s terrible.

Don’t rate Bony either.

• 86 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Jamsha – stop shouting! :-)

• 87 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

So where are we going from here? any thoughts?

• 88 toon22 // May 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

It would be at least something good about AP staying if Shola went.
    Im sure we will find someone who can score a couple of goals a season.

• 89 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Torq….. but typing in capitals makes it true 😀

• 90 hugotoon // May 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Without a respected manager to replace Pardew, following a 16th placed finish there is NO CHANCE that we will sign players such as Aubumyang, Sakho, De Jong. Anyone that believes we will sign those players are delusional, thats why this season has been so damaging; it leaves behind a legacy of failure.

• 91 Griff-toon // May 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Jamsha

Only 1 year ago we where 5th. Stop beeing so dramatic.

• 92 marc // May 23, 2013 at 11:14 AM

i think we should bring in bony,pea and a couple of cb’s
    i think then we could be a force next season
    playing bony up top pea to the left goffy to the right with benny/marv just behind and cabs and anita playing proper football (the passing game) through the middle also the new cb’s should be first team standerd so i would play 4-2-3-1

• 93 Griff-toon // May 23, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Markaccus

Oh no, that means hugotoon’s coments that there is NO CHANCE to sign good players is true?

• 94 jimmysmith // May 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Love Shola, but he like Harps only had half the career he should.

Rare touch for such a big lad and a real beast on his game in the last few years.

But I’ve also seen him contrive every possible way to miss, many times over, and that is quite a shortcoming in a striker who struggles for fitness anyway.

Even so, some cracking goals and memorable performances, although time ofcourse marches on.

One more season and then the MLS or Japan where he would be a star for a year or two, and maybe even a World Cup appearance at the end.

• 95 GeordieDan // May 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Marakkus>

😀

• 96 fergies left foot // May 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM

markaccus, agree, just feel that we can be without what happened earlier in the season. wilfred bony seems to be in high demand. not sure if he’ll be happy on the bench for half a season. still think cissé is our man! having said that I wouldnt benteke coming in 😉

what a player! 7million pounds…

• 97 fergies left foot // May 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM

*wouldnt mind

• 98 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Hey, leave my marakkas out of this : D

• 99 ToonDownSouth // May 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Markaccus

I seriously doubt that. Manchester City have performed poorly in Europe, despite their expenditure – that should be evidence enough that buying a few good players doesn’t make you European champions.

Monaco were in Ligue 2 last year – it’ll take more than a boat load of money to see them anywhere near the top of Europe.

• 100 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM

TorqToon

I WANT TO SEE US GET SOME COMES DOESNT MATER CARLING CUP 😐 ..

• 101 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Fergie… total bargain at 7 mil.
    We should type it in capitals that he is coming!

• 102 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM

some cups***

• 103 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Mark – Is that right?! Capitals make it true???

NEWCASTLE UTD AGREE 4 YEAR DEAL WITH SIEM DE JONG!!!!

Hows that??? 😉

• 104 GeordieDan // May 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Markaccus

Apologies for the name change mate. 😀

That ‘writing in capitals makes it true’ line made me chuckle. haha

• 105 Griff-toon // May 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Is the transfer window open again? When does it open?

• 106 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Griff-toon

an wer do u see in the nxt 1 year newcastle headng???? 2-3 rd?

• 107 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Jamsha… you want to get some comes???? Erm, wrong website, fella 😀

• 108 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM

mistake :mrgreen:

• 109 cjtoon // May 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM

hi all,

Great news about Pardew then… :p

im at work so cant stay long but i cant be bothered listening to any more excuses! the newest one from Pardew’s idiots guide to football manager excuses is ‘we have no experience’

well we have, in an 11 of: krul, santon, simmo, colo, saylor, jonas, tiote, cabaye, perch, cisse & shola 1167 premier league appearances between them (4-3-1-2)

that works out at an average of 106 games apiece and roughly 2.79 seasos of pl game time.

Lets compare that with a couple of teams that finished above us in the league

saints; team of boruc, clyne, shaw, yoshida, fonte, schniederlin, lallana, davis, rodriguez, ramirez & lambert has a total of 448 is on average 40.7 apps per player and 1.07 seasons worth of pl playing time.

swansea; team of vorm, taylor, rangel, williams, chico, britton, dyer, routledge, de guzman, ki & michu has a total of 676 (routledge with 163) which is an average of 61.45 pl apps per player and 1.62 seasons worth of premier league experience

West brom; team of foster, olsson, mcauley, ridgewell, jones, yacob, morrison, brunt, dorrans, lukaku & long has a total of 1151 pl apps and on average 104.6 pl apps per player which is roughly 2.75 seasons of pl experience each on average.

Obviously our squad has changed now and has less premier league apps in it but im sure these other teams will bring in more players with no premier league experience over the summer.

I think all of the other three teams play better football than us, by a long way. I would say other than in striking/wing positions we have by far a better squad than the other three too. Im not trying to say these are the best teams from each squad or anything like that but i feel physically sick at the thought of another season of constant blame deflection.

pardew has no pride, if its true that he has kept his job why cant he have the decency to stop thinking everyone is so intellectually inferior that we cannot see straight through all of these mythical reasons as to why we are average to watch at the best of times.

I have hated this season from start to finish, its been a masterclass in how to do everything possible to be unsuccessful, with the final piece in the jigsaw being the fact Pardew has somehow got away with it.

hearing this today has just tipped me over the edge:

Pardew said: “It is a difficult league. We could have finished in the top 11. If you’d have said that at the start of the season, and getting to the last eight of the Europa League, you’d have said it was OK. It is just the way we got there was unsavoury, and some of the performances.”

would 11th have been O.K? simple answer, no.
    Unsavoury – horrendous
    some – 95%

cannot believe he cant just think about what he is saying before it falls out of his mouth.

Rant over

Have a nice day fellow sufferers.

Cj

• 110 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Worrying signs already as far as the transfer market goes, AC £15m minus our sell-on %, would take it down to £12/13m, and what do the club say, that’s too expensive, and he is an English international aged just 24, so we can already see how this window is going to pan out, we either get them at half price or we miss out, and like last summer, it will probably be the latter, and still we insist that either the manager, fitness coach or who or whatever are the reasons for our failure, incredible.

• 111 Griff-toon // May 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM

JAMSHA

In 1 year, 2-3rd?? Well that would be great but a tad optimistic wouldnt you say?

I never thought we would get 5th again this year. I thought we would be between 10-6th place. And thats what I think we will be next year. Of course im hoping we push for 5th and god forbid 4th. But im trying to stay realistic.

We need to build on something. 10th – 6th next year and push on from there.

• 112 ichrisho // May 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I reckon AP is waiting on MA getting someone in before he faces the music…. No-one asking questions why he hasnt appeared on the radio to talk down to the fans yet?

• 113 stuart no9 // May 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM

TADS – i understand completely !
    I, the same as you ,was expecting fire works today on the blog, , regarding pardew for different reasons and every one has an opinion . some think its good news – some think its bad , feelings are running high , and we do lose our ability to stay cool and calm and treat this blog for what it is – a blog , not a warzone , if i came across as being ” up my own ar/e ” it was not intended.

• 114 Ulster_Toon // May 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Why are we even offering him an extension? Not premiership standard at all. Surely we need better squad players than shola

• 115 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Dan…. nee worries. I am prone to the odd typo myself.

• 116 marc // May 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM

marv/benny
    Sissoko
    Tiote
    Haidara

• 117 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Griff-toon

With pardew in charge its diff to get in top 10, so i think if the man stays till the end we would end up 13-14th….

• 118 marc // May 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM

next seasons team i think would be great if we could sign those guys plus keep colo

• 119 JAMSHA // May 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

m gona take a nap… feeln ill…..

PARDEW OUT….U SUX

• 120 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Spoof

have to wait and see what happens, no point getting worked up before it happens. See who we have signed by the end of august.

Carroll is not the type of player we buy currently, so we haven’t refused to pay as fee too high, more because w probably have others in the pipeline from Carr.

• 121 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Torq… sod that….

MARKACCUS WINS THE EURO MILLIONS TOMORROW NIGHT.

Now… who fancies a new owner at nufc 😉

• 122 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Stuart
    Lol yeah mate no worries, soz for going off!
    Well we’re stuck with him so I’m trying to stay upbeat, that might change by the end of pre season though! But really do hope if he’s staying he can turn it around…not saying he can but fingers crossed!
    Have to say I don’t blame pardew entirely, like Joey Barton said you pay peanuts you get monkeys, lowest paid manager in the league
    Think it’s time for mr Ashley to stand up or sell up….

• 123 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Mark – Who would your board members??

Blog only…!

Manager?
    Assistant?
    Coaches?
    chief scout?

Might I suggest Ibiza for our PR manager??!

:-)

• 124 Mag.no // May 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I have a small question for you guys.

The £60m a team get from relegation spread over 4 years, is that £60m spread over 4 years even if they bounce straight up again? Or is it £15m for that one year the team is down?

• 125 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM

TS
    what worries me is that with the % cut that we would get £12/13m for a proven English international was still classed as being to much, you only get what you pay for, if AC at that price is classed as too expensive then we have got to ask ourselves, Just what and who are we looking at, and that frightens me.
    Incidently, I’m not too sure if I would want AC back, but Pardew does, and if this is how Pardew’s targets are getting valued, then we should all be worried, for those who want Pardew out, would a new manager make Ashley him value the likes of AC differently to what he does now, we all know he wouldn’t, we all have bigger and more important things to worry about than who the manager is.

• 126 Laurent Robert 32 // May 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Cjtoon. Great post. Some of our eyes are wide open to what is going on and it’s unacceptable.

• 127 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Sage – Got any good news for us mate? :-)

• 128 stuart no9 // May 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM

spreadthetoon @ 51 – good balanced post !

• 129 Griff-toon // May 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Markaccus

Could I please be responsible for marketing and sponsor deals :)

• 130 WWYCD // May 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Pardew staying, Carroll not coming, Ashley still Ashley and unhappy fans….fun season ahead boyos

Really not looking forward to this summer and Torq/Sage stop trying to get my hopes up! Bunch of jerks!

• 131 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM

There was no sell on clause. No proof of it anywhere.
    Some people live in their own fantasy world. A lot like pardew.

• 132 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Jono
    clause or no clause, it still doesn’t alter the issues raised

• 133 low fell mag // May 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Just logged on ,and by all the blogs posted, it looks like Alan has kept his job.
    Gutted!

• 134 tom68 // May 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Spoof

The sell on clause is a % as long as he is sold for more than 35 million. Any less than that no money to us.

• 135 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM

spoof

Yeh it’s odd. If you back the manager then get the players he wants, if not get different manager, it’s simple.

I think carroll isn’t proven though. He has shown over his 3/4 years in the top league he gets a lot of injuries and other than an initial purple patch with us he is far from prolific. He has shown to be a decent 5-8mil player at best in my eyes.

• 136 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM

torq

nothing for you, sorry

• 137 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Yo – nice to see you too, mate! :-)

• 138 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Torq/sage
    So it just my poxy gooner mate who’s heard about are supposed prolonged interest in konscielny?
    Cos if he’s winding me up im going to kick him the nads!

• 139 Laurent Robert 32 // May 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Of course new players will come in and improve the team. That is just papering over the cracks though. They are in no shape or form individually of colletively.

If we have no overlapping or little pre-planned one-twos or structure with a common attacking purpose outlined, how is that going to change with more new players? It won’t.

Nothing has changed right up to the Arsenal game so how do you expect to see changes next year?

Players, can play and interlink regardless of a manager. It is their job to implement maximum cohesion between individuals to outscore the opposition, and win the game.

• 140 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM

tom68
    this is part of the report in this mornings Journal

“West Ham United agreed a £15m fee on Tuesday to make Carroll’s season-long loan permanent and although a 25% sell-on clause would have allowed them to effectively match the Hammers’ offer while undercutting them, the overall package was too expensive to tempt them.”

none of us know for sure exactly what the clause is, however unlike jono, I feel there will be one somewhere, its gets mentioned in the press too often for it to be false, but as I said to jono, the clause doesn’t alter the impression that we will possibly suffer the same way as we did last summer

• 141 WWYCD // May 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Torq
    Haha 😉

If PEA and Siem sign up this summer it will with drawn my jerk statement haha

• 142 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

TADS – news to me mate.

• 143 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Torq
    Yup gonna kick the git then! 😉

• 144 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Yo – I just hope we open the cheque book mate!

I can’t see us NOT doing to be honest! Lessons learnt from last summer.

• 145 spudzzz // May 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Get Vermaelen for 5million GBP !!!

• 146 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM

TS
    as far as AC being proven goes, that is your opinion, I happen to agree with you, but thats my opinion, but its the lack of manager support for a player who Pardew only last week said he would like to get back, which is just plainly wrong and very concerning, a leopard never changes its spots, will Ashley ever give a manager a chance ?

• 147 LEROI // May 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM

i think this is a realistic list of striker targets for pardews(not my choice just pardews reality) hoofball scenarios along with prem experience and age criteria.
    ken jones or cam jerome from stoke
    darren bent ( i know he’s 29 but if he’ll play like pards says he’ll be signed) or andreas weimann from villa
    maybe loic remy since the top 6 clubs wouldnt touch him now he’s an alleged rapist.

• 148 Lynxie // May 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Jimmysmith @ 93:

‘Rare touch for such a big lad and a real beast on his game in the last few years’

I take it that ‘rare touch’ is a euphemism for absolutely woeful? Either that or you are clearly watching the matches through the medium of radio. Or possibly ‘jimmysmith’ is a pen name for Stevie Wonder??? Hmmmm Curious.

• 149 WWYCD // May 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Torq
    Ashley’s a penny punching rude word mate I can see him ignoring lessons. I wouldn’t be shocked with a few sales and then replacements brought in but the players we need to come in joining? I am doubtful

• 150 Laurent Robert 32 // May 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM

If milk is sour in the fridge, you don’t just leave that carton in there because you don’t have any others next to it and want stability of a fridge which will last. You go and get a fresh carton. Pardew has grown thoroughly distasteful and needs chucking out.

There is a reason why there were so many against his appointed in the first place. We are staring at it now and have been even last year with performances. Clueless.

• 151 jimmysmith // May 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM

He speaks very highly of you pal!

• 152 geordie157 // May 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Think it is time for Shola to move on, bring in Aubameyang and possibly Balde or Mbokani

that would give us four strikers all with different attributes

• 153 ichrisho // May 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

#PardewIn and #FunkNUFCfans #SpDirectArrogance

• 154 geordie157 // May 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM

moves for Benteke or Lukaku would also be good, but I can see them asking for stupid money for them.

• 155 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Torq.. thats a tough one.

I understand that your current job would lend expertes in a few of those roles… so you would get one of them. Which do you think you would be better suited too? I will discuss the remainder with others 😀

• 156 Harley // May 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Obviously we all have our own theories on what is being said at this meeting but mine is as follows.

Ill be gobsmacked if pardew isn’t on some sort of final warning. I bet they have discussed what went wrong and how and then promised to help solve the problems.

However the first sniff of a relegation bate again and I think pardew will be gone in a heart beat. There’s no way the board will invest all of this time and money to be fighting relegation again.

There’s no excuses for next season. Well have a better squad, no Europa, hopefully not as many injuries and our new French players will have settled better.

I’m ok with pardew starting the season, I’m up for giving him a chance. But he’s on a tightrope.

Having said that I’d swap him tomorrow for a definite upgrade.

• 157 geordie157 // May 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Scott Sinclair is definitely a player who’d fit in well, 5-6mill should do it.

• 158 LEROI // May 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM

If vermaelen has been placed in the auctioneers window at 5m it’s only to insight a bidding war between the likes of man utd,chelsea and man city. He’s a quality cb (not a bad lb either)thats just had a poor run of form lately. he could easily walk into the likes of liverpool,spurs or 99% of the premier league’s,bundesliga or serie a’s defensive line ups. Reality check we got ney chance.

• 159 Jackel001 // May 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Afternoon lads.

Well it looks like Pardew and “Hoofball” are here to stay. Can’t say i’m happy about it, can see our summer being bland with only 1 or 2 new players coming through the door. Our pre-season I think, will show MA and co that that made a MASSIVE mistake AGAIN not showing Pardew the door.

I think they have gave him 10 games for next season and out of those 10 games I think we’ll win 2, draw 2 and lose 6. Obviously that’s form of relegation.

For the life of me I can’t understand how MA after the Sunderland game and Liverpool game, how we were humiliated, can sit and basically say ” You’re keeping ya job but you must do better” wow.

• 160 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Laurent
    in your opinion can you see any manager succeeding when Ashley is the owner, already transfer targets are being missed due to a refusal to compete in the market, we made a profit last year, we have the Wonga cash, the sky cash and even with possibly as much as a 25% discount, we still get outbid by the mighty West Ham. I fully understand why you and so many want Pardew out, but the bigger question has surely got to be, could anyone succeed under Ashley’s stewardship.

• 161 low fell mag // May 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Next season is massively at the crossroads for our club.
    We have on paper,.,probably the best squad for many a year .
    There is a man called Rafa out there ,looking for a job in the Premiership ,who with fine tuning could take us to heights we crave for.
    Or we stick with Mr Pardew and we will end up loosing ,some of our great squad and end up fighting and flirting with relegation.
    Next year the Premiership is going to be fantastic,with Wee Ferguson retired ,the arrival of the special one and Pelegreni ,but unfortunately we are not going to be on that ride,
    B-stard Pardew.

• 162 jimmysmith // May 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

If Pards got away with another season like the last we’d have one of two clear choices it seems to me.

Anarchy or lobotomy!

• 163 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Jimmy…. anartomy or lobotarchy 😀

• 164 LEROI // May 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM

spoof.

in reply to the question you posed laurent.
    i was going to say i think martinez would survive but then i looked at the league table and realised he failed at wigan and our stewardship isn’t in reality much better than their penny pinching stewardship.

• 165 stuart no9 // May 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Getting good players will improve the team , but getting good players will not improve the manager. stuartno9- 23-05-2013. -just a thought !

• 166 spitfire_ // May 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM

It will be long long long summer and long long long next season if this pr!ck is stuck with us.

• 167 DS_NUFC // May 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM

indykaila News @indykaila 33m

Looks like the Newcastle board had no bottle from what I hearing. #NUFC

• 168 Laurent Robert 32 // May 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Spoof, I realise that as well with Ashley. He has a massive responsibility as well. Although he has some good initiatives in place he has a lot of bad ones too.

But someone has to come in and buy the club. In rhe meantime that isn’t happening so we have to watch what we are being fed week in week out.

It depends, behind the scenes, if Ashley wanted to pay a good manager the equivalent to a player.

Pardew is literally clueless when it comes to tactics and has continued not just last season on the season before, but in his other clubs as well. The consistency is Pardew’s career disappointment.

• 169 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I just like proof before I believe anything. I don’t just make up details suit my argument.
    They paid 35 million, well over the odds. . Why would there be a % aswell.
    And I think it would have been documented at the time.
    Lamearse told us they even charged interest for the late payment and was gloating about the deal. If there was a clause imo he would have told us then.
    Therefore no clause exists.
    Spoof. Would you not agree with that logic?
    I know it definitely doesn’t mean there isn’t one but it’s more likely than there is.
    And then people talk about it as fact.

• 170 stuart no9 // May 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM

harley @ 155 — yes i agree on that one . what should be made aware to pardew is – the first time in the bottom 3 – hes gone ! no ifs or buts , rous.

• 171 LEROI // May 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Pardew has seemed to take players that looked great before he managed them at the toon and made them play like different players altogether. The best example of the lot is sissoko he was amazing against villa, chelsea and southampton then Parsnip got his tendrils into him and turned him into a well a headless chicken with no clue about getting into space, passing to players in space or when to shoot at goal.

• 172 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Leroi
    all managers have got to work under restraints, what all fans should do is to look and see if the restraints are suitable for the potential which the clubs have, if the manager has the suitable backing and still fails, sack him, if the backing is not sufficient to propel the club to the standard which is expected then you cannot blame the manager as his job is an impossible one, we all accept that we should be better than what we are, but has the manager been given that opportunity, and will any manager whether it be Pardew, Rafa or whoever get that chance ?
    Lets be honest, would Rafa join us after witnessing the reason why we are going to lose out on AC, not a hope in hell

• 173 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Yeah!

That’s the way to go, every time we do poorly, next time we should drop our targets.

• 174 Laurent Robert 32 // May 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Even the give him to Christmas line… he hasn’t corrected his faults this year, so how on earth will he suddenly see them now the season has finished? He should be analysing the game as it is being played, not when the season is finished.

There is a distinct lack of movement off the ball. This is a coaching flaw. Sitting back and letting the opponents attack you is a tactical and coaching flaw. This was happening when we finished 5th. I spoke often about this to friends. Playing poorly and picking up points will only get you so far. It works for Man Utd because they have plenty of games where they are pretty much unstoppable. When we finished 5th, those poor performance games were our standard games.

When he eventually switched it to 433 we looked the best we had been in a while, only for him to ditch a proven winning and more attractive formula.

It simply defies common sense and logic.

• 175 roshan MAGPIE // May 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Looks like the Newcastle board had no bottle from what I hearing.#NUFC
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT’S THE MEANING OF THIS

• 176 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Spoof

Maybe the club have told the manager carroll isn’t getting signed, not because he is too much money to spend on a player but because they have said it’s too much on that one player.

If they offer 15mil they could get PEA who is a much better striker (in France) but his skills look like they would transfer as he is a quick player too.

• 177 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM

jono
    as I said it doesn’t really alter the issue, correct me if I’m wrong, but was it not Llambias during his drunken rant who let the clause be known, and due to Liverpool never denying it, which you would imagine they would if it was false, they also have fans who wish to know what the situation is, then you have to believe that there is some truth in it, not that it matters, its the issue which is important and not the clause.

• 178 martoon // May 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Markaccus – I don’t mind being manager – I would make a complete mess of it and the fans would hate me. BUT as long as I was sacked and walked away with a million pounds in my back pocket I would be happy :)

• 179 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Well if sticking with Pardew and mediocrity is the status quo then let’s hope a white knight is out there somewhere ready to buy us now that Ashley has put down his clearest marker down yet that ambition for this club is non-existent.

Tacky owner, chairman , manager and sponsor.

• 180 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM

On shola Ameobi

This eason 1 goal that got us a win, so he got us 2 points. if it wasn’t for his goal we would have finished 17th behind mackems on GD

Last season he scored 2 goals we got 2 draws, 2 extra points we would have finished 5th again

Hope it defends his 1.5 million annual salary

• 181 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM

at the end of the day Ashley is not a good owner for the fans, no big, exciting signings…sure some talented players but we aren’t getting world beaters in or big names players anymore…which is nice (as long as they aren’t past it).

But he isn’t any worse than a lot of owners in the league…only 6 clubs significantly more productive than us, man utd, city, chelsea, arsenal, spurs and liverpool

• 182 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Ok have thought abbout which blog members i would have as my management team if i owned the club.

Controversially i would have Beattie as Manager and (believe it or not) catchy as assistant. Both advocate attacking football and i would feel we could have a nice flowing style under them.

Coaches. Head coach would have to be torqtoon as his current job would help him cut down on stupid practices leading to injuries. Asisted by ibiza as they are both currently foreign based and therefore fmiliar with continental training techniques . This will in turn suppliment our style of play.

Scouting. Transfer sage. Its all in the name. Assistants? Ketsbaia (he is sacked if he gets scharner) and naiafron although he isnt around much these days.

These appointments are based on who i know best so far on here. Other applicants very welcome. As you see from my manager and assistant appointments i dont just go for who i get on with. Equal opportunity employer 😀

• 183 Midtoon // May 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Roshan indykalia has had alot of heated conversations with nufc fans on Twitter. He’s a lfc fan and doesn’t like pards. However right he is for other clubs I’ve yet to see him get anything right about nufc. Covering his tracks from saying pards was going and rafa was replacing him.

Pards is here much as I dislike it.
    We need players
    Coaches
    Sports scientists
    And then we can push on. Here’s hoping.

• 184 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Martoon…. i have a cushy seat on the board lined up for you, mate 😀

• 185 G // May 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I think I will take a break from my anti-AP rants, and just give my take on Shola. If Shola does leave, it will be a shame for me. Whilst I’m sure a lot of people have a point regarding the fact that he was never going to be a 20+ goals a season striker in the Prem, I hardly think that that is Shola’s fault. Lets look at his history, every manager bar Souness has rated Shola, with a certain SBR giving him his debut (Still got that picture of Dennis Wise squaring up to him, and Shola just laughing). He has also scored some of the most important goals in our clubs recent history, and whilst he is not prolific, and always seems to take 1 touch too many, and looks far from normal when he runs, he hasn’t exactly discraced himself either. I am particularly impressed how often he has played through the pain barrier to help the cuase. Something some of our more-exotic players could take as a great example of team work. I always personnaly saw Shola more as an impact sub in the Prem, and never first 11, however, he has not let us down, and the standards of his football never quite reached what we hoped they would, he wasn’t a bad player for us either. I hope if he does leave, and plays on he has great success in the future. For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t be upset if he stayed another year.

• 186 mindshaft // May 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM

We’re stuck with Pards although I hear Ashley has demanded new coaching staff – not sure if additional or replacements for Carver / Stone

Think we’ll actually do okay next season with a couple of additions and a lack of injuries – I’m not saying we’ll play brilliant football but top ten should be easily achievable

Teams to struggle next season

Cardiff
    Hull City
    Watford or Crystal Palace
    Norwich
    Stoke
    Southampton
    Sunderland

Any three out of that lot will be relegated

• 187 LEROI // May 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Maybe this lack of basic football knowledge is not all down to Pardew but when i’ve watched these same players we have bought playing astoundingly well for other clubs before they joined us and then suddenly lose all recallection of when its right to pass,shoot and tackle, then i have to turn my attention to their coaching and management staff because this is the variable that has changed for the player the most significantly.

• 188 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

For all I’m not a pardew fan and think we could and should aim higher than him he has shown results improve slightly with new/better players.

So hopefully with a better team (new players coming in) and the amount of stick he has got, come close to losing his job, then he might learn and have been ordered to take something on board.

He may have been told to attack, play nice stuff, get new coaches to teach him, etc etc….so hopefully if he stays he will improve.

I imagine he won’t but i won’t rule it out.

• 189 Rainrix // May 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

indykalia is simply cwarr mark 2.

• 190 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM

G

In reality shola is not a prem league striker (he has moments where he looks it, but most of the time he looks terrible).

Hopefully he will move to a decent championship side (showed he could do it when we were in there).

He stayed loyal as we were his favourite club and probably the best we could do, so not hard to stay loyal (like shearer who could go to man utd, etc) but he has still given his all for us and shows some passion. For that I will always like him.

• 191 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Can any list any of the imp goals that shola has scored

I remember he scored 1 against Accrington stanley in Carling cup as it was then.

Don’t know how imp that goal against barca was

• 192 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

With a proper manager we could maybe even despite Pardew only getting us 16th still attracted some good players in.

Wih Pardew staying stand by for the Jay Spearings of this world while in the outbox will be Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Anita, Colo, Marveaux and the dismantling of potentially our best ever squad.

• 193 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

TS
    I can see your point, but Pardew and Ashley did not start speaking this week about transfers, they have been discussing it for a while and Carr has been looking for suitable players, last week Pardew said he would like AC back, only now that it has became clear that we will have to pay more than a “bank breaking” £10m have the club decided that he is too expensive, if Pardew was told that we would not be signing him a while ago then not even Pardew would have said what he did, so what has changed “the fee”, will PEA cost more than £10m, probably, so who will the 3rd target be, and so on and so until be get a nobody or some club are daft enough to sell there asset at half price, out of contract will probably be our best hope, unless the last option is taken, last summer’s option of doing without

• 194 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Markaccus

can’t believe you haven’t included me in the coaching set up. I’m equally if not more radical than beats and catchy!!!

• 195 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM

UCL Final in 2015 to be held in berlin?

WTF

They would never do it in stadiums like SJP, Anfield or emirates

• 196 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM

spoof

I think it’s hard to know true ambition of the owner until the end of the summer, 15mil might be too much for carroll but 15mil might be ok for PEA. we just don’t know until end of the transfer window.

Indian

Shola got a winner vs QPR, last year he got a draw with spurs by scoring off the bench. He played a good few games too in linking up with Ba. Set him up against everton this season.

He isn’t a world beater but he does a job, he gets asked to do a job and he tries to do it. He can’t help it if he isn’t good enough.

• 197 TorqToon // May 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Mark – It would be an honour to serve as your head coach.

Does mean I’d have to look at Ibiza everyday but that would be the only downside! :-)

Sage would do a great job scouting and Beattie would give some cracking post match interviews! Poss in the same ilk as one Mr. Holloway!!! :-)

• 198 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM

indian

berlin stadium holds 74,000….why is that a bad idea for a venue.

• 199 martoon // May 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Markaccus – I suppose that will have to do. Actually I think I agree with your choice of manager although Catchy as assistant is controversial. Mind you I would look forward to giving him some stick :)

• 200 DS_NUFC // May 23, 2013 at 12:59 PM

why are we being linked with the likes of wayne bridge and jay spearing if this is true we are going backwards

• 201 G // May 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Lets not forget that Shola is nowhere near as bad a player as he is villified for, and also he came from a generation of players who’s names were often in the press for very wrong reasons (Dyer, Bellamy etc). Shola did well to stay out of the limelight for his partying (although I am informed he does like to party, just doesnt court the publicity). Indian Magpie, I hope your comment about which important goals he scored was an ironic statement. Quick answer would be ‘All of them’.

• 202 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

TS

They are just promoted back in Bundesliga? why not westphallonstadion.

Atleast have it in stadiums where UCL isplayed

• 203 lesh // May 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Torq @128….. Fraud I disagree with your suggestion of Ibiza as PR manger – he’s best suited to the role of MD as he appears yo have the wisdom, ability to take an overview of situations and keep a level head under pressure.

Assistant Manager – I would say must go to Catchy, ever so supportive of Pardew when he’s needed!

Director of Football? There’s only one candidate for sure: Step forward…… Sage.

European Operations must be given to Nigel Farage!

I trust you all take these suggestions on the spirit intended and in the interests of Newcastle United

• 204 Indian Magpie // May 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM

G

Like 2nd goal in a 6-2 defeat to Man U

• 205 clinath@ed // May 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Rotonda….ffs we can even start a fight over a mythical/hypothetical management setup on this blog lol!!

• 206 G // May 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Ha ha, good retort, but still, I feel your’e missing the point mate.

• 207 DokToon // May 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM

gmorning all…

fine day as a toon fan… if my boss tells me, “dok, youve missed corporate goals, your leadership is a joke, and you fail to inspire the troops”… ill simply ask for a contract extention… if pards can silver tongue MA and keep his job, itll work for me…

mark, id also like to apply for a position, whatcha got for a member on this side of the pond? :)

• 208 lesh // May 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM

• fraud = first

• 209 LEROI // May 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM

PEA will cost 10m+ and he will go to a team in the champions league or europa league. Lets all just wait and see which one of my ”pardews reality list” comes true because forwards with fast track personal ambition like PEA, Kevin Gamiero,Lewandowski and even the likes of Lukaku,Hernandez & even Danny ”2 goals” Welbeck will not want to earn their way to playing in the champions league or earn the right to a big wage packet by dropping there (not mine) standards to play for a club very,very nearly got relegated this season.

• 210 clinath@ed // May 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM

try and pick a team from the bloggers…..and let the action begin.

• 211 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Rotonda…. i was thinking of letting you loose on the development squad… (Not in a catholic preist way 😀 ) . Get the new style embedded into them early.

• 212 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM

G

You’re p*ssing into the wind with him. I genuinely think Indian would commit grievous bodily harm on Shola if the opportunity ever arose, such is his hatred for him.

Markaccus

I would apply for a position, but somehow I’d see myself as Nigel Clough when he went to Leeds, just winding everyone up.

(Wonder will anyone pick up on the fact that I referred to myself as Nigel Clough…hehe I’m a sneaky sausage trying to wind people up…)

Ahem, anyway I’m too humble to think I’d be of any use to you… 😉

• 213 G // May 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM

@209, you could select me at Right Back, although by that I mean right back out of the way where my eratic style can’t do any damage!

• 214 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Dok… well since you are accross the pond, I would simply add you too the scouting set up. Nip down to south america and bring me back some brazillians (footballers only 😀 ) and some other latino talent.

• 215 marc // May 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM

my team for next season if we could get the deals done i think could be strong and competing IN ALL CUPS

Tim Krul
    Mbiwa Coloccini new player Santon
    cab’s anita
    benny/marv
    goffy bony pea

subs
    cisse
    debuchy
    marv/benny
    Sissoko
    Tiote
    Haidara

• 216 DokToon // May 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM

mark… soem good NA talents as well… western hemisphere souting, i like it.. does it include season tix ? lol

• 217 clinath@ed // May 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Mark…nip down south and bring back a brazillian….there’s a joke there somewhere…!

• 218 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Ruddy…. if you are really in the mood for a truely odious comparison then you can be the dreaded ‘director of football’ a la Dennis wise!!

Actually, Catchy may fill that role better 😉

Ruddy is promoted to assistant mngr and catchy to dof

• 219 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM

If shola goes i would be happy, even though carlton cole would be his replacement, i can only hope then, that in the summer we get a replacement for best and ba as well so we never have to play him

• 220 LEROI // May 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM

on the shola article, i wouldn’t mind letting shola play another season here but i do wish Pardew would realise he only got 15mins of effective premier league standard energy per game in him these days, sometimes Pards brings him on for 25-30mins and he is really only effective for first 10 or 15mins then he disappears or keeps losing the ball.

• 221 G // May 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Markaccus, have I missed somebody here? Who is doing Dirty Derek’s job, or is your new position dual roled?

• 222 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Ruddy
    be careful “young man”, your dad might come down and give you a roasting, and a roasting off Brian is not something to look forward too. lol

• 223 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Dok, yep any seat in the house. You will have to let me know when you cant make a game so i can donate the match ticket to a disabled child or something. I will be loved.

• 224 LEROI // May 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM

would anyone hoy a 8.5m bid in for jordan rhodes?

• 225 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Leroi
    Ashley would expect a far better pedigree than Rhodes for £8.5m, .85 of a mill, then there is a chance

• 226 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Spoof

Ahhh damn meant to say Brian! Wrong clough!

Well that counts as a fail…

• 227 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Markaccus

You’ve solved the riddle, you are now among the blog elite.

Catchy is in fact the Dennis Wise of which you speak…imagine Catchy as Director of Football with Pardew in charge!

Thanks for the promotion 😉

• 228 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM

G. … Martoon has that job as i already know him in the real world. We worked together for a couple of years.

• 229 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Ruddy
    you’ve just ruled your self out of the PR job, your statements are as correct as Pardew’s lol.
    was that far of me, or a bit harsh

• 230 LEROI // May 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

i bet blackburn would ask for more then ashley would offer less for their cheek haha.

• 231 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM

far, mean’t to be fair

• 232 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Clinath. Yeah thats why a specified footballers 😀

• 233 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Ruddy

Hehehe yes it just suddenly occured to me. Does his scouting on you tube too, maybe??

• 234 G // May 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM

@227, must have missed that one. Wasnt’ angling for a job like. Put me down for the press corps. In fact, make me Mr Bird.

• 235 Sack Llambias // May 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Ruddy
    I think you mean Brian Clough.

• 236 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM

well we all know the Ashley transfer script from last summer, find out how but the selling club want then make a final offer which you know will get turned down, but at least he can say he tried, fool that he is

• 237 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Spoof

Unlike Pardew I’m going to tell the truth in my statement to the press, ahem, here it goes:

“To tell the truf, we was tired today, I thawt we worked hard in telling that joke about Nigel/Brian Clough but we just couldn’t get it over the line, make no mistake about that. If I’m being honest the Europa League hurt us, to be fair, it distracted me from making that joke, and Mike knows he has some responsibility, make no mistake about that. We was tired innit, but we’ll continue to work hard for Newcarrrrstle, educate the fans innit, and get it over the line.”

You’ll not get that kind of honesty from Pardew 😉

• 238 Sack Llambias // May 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Dennis Wise for Kit man.

• 239 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Ian

I know, I think you’ll find I corrected myself when shown the error of my ways by Spoof.

Now f**k off.

• 240 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Indian Magpie like a fly on the proverbial when a Shola article comes up. Why not give it a rest and save us all having to scroll past your vitriolic tosh about a Newcastle player.

Shola was not great, but not that bad either, and has been a very useful player who got us out of some scrapes on occasions, not necessarily to score goals. I can’t recall him losing us many games, or bringing the club into disrepute or slagging the fans off, so why are you in his face all the time. So you don’t rate him as a player well fine we heard you the first time a year or so ago which is why you last got humiliated into leaving the blog so pipe down you idiot, we get it. You are a perennial self-promoting blog troll whose support of this team is merely a supposed springboard to raising your social networking profile.

Shola’s sell by date is fast approaching more than likely because one of the things Pardew agreed in his stay of execution talks was a revamp in the striker department. I expect 2 in, maybe Cisse out. I can almost guarantee Pardew will string Campbell along in the reserves again. I hope he gets his chances in the cups and takes them.

I still think Pardew is on borrowed time, but for now, moaning is a waste of time so its time to get behid them all and speculate on the miserable transfer windw coming up :)

• 241 Sack Llambias // May 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Are you reading with an Irish or cockney
    accent.

• 242 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Hmm Rotonda has not replied to my offer as youth team coach. Its a good opportunity to mould players into superstars….

• 243 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Ruddy
    you sound like a Pardew clone, are you sure your not him heh heh heh

• 244 Sack Llambias // May 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Beattie would be a great Dennis he’s small.

• 245 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Ian

If it needs explaining then you clearly aren’t as smart as you purport to be 😉

Spoof

You’ve got me, it’s me! I am Spartacus…I mean Pards!

• 246 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Markaccus

And I’m back in the room! Yeah no worries put me down for that gig then. I can always work my way up if Beats or Catchy blow it !!!

• 247 outsidethebox // May 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM

reality starts to kick in…need to focus on summer….need keeper cover…get SHAY GIVEN on loan …need centre back
    get VERMAELEN £5 Mill…need scoring midfielder TOM INCE …£12 Mill …need striker ask for lukaka/ba on loan ..sorted

• 248 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Ruddy@238
    Ian hasn’t spoke yet, another Pardewesque gaff, you couldn’t make this up, I think you need a lie down. heh heh heh,

• 249 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Spoof

Ian is a man with many faces…you just need to spot them when they arise. He thinks he fools me, but he does not.

But yes, I am lying down as we speak, great minds eh? haha

• 250 Black and White with an army lol // May 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM

out of all the teams aiming to go forward we are the only team at present going backwards it’s pathetic, MA is using this club to expand his business and has no interest in taking us forward, MA only interest when talking to AP is that to keep this club from relegation end off.

face it i we were after these so called players who have qualities to take us forward don’t you think MA & DL would bid for him A.S.A.P, no, why because MA doesn’t want us going for Euro & Champions league because it will cost him more money to take us there.

i said in January that MA will bring in very good players on the cheap so he could make a profit and look what’s happened, i also said AP won’t get sacked even if we got relegated or stayed above relegation spot, well well do i need to say more.

our key players will probably be sold off soon and we will have to suffer that fact that we are gonna start bringing in less than average players just to keep us above relegation and when the time is right MA will sell the club to another un-ambition chairmen

• 251 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Spoof
    No it wasn’t let slip by Lamearse. Post a link but you won’t find one.
    The argument was we could match west hams offer by under cutting them and Liverpool make the same money because of the clause.
    So it actually affects the whole argument. Makes the whole thing invalid actually.
    Wanna make anything else up to suit you?

• 252 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Ruddy
    another gaff, you aren’t Pards, because I’m Pards lol

• 253 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM

G has volunteerd for press.
    Griff-toon is in charge of marketing.

• 254 Transfer Sage // May 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM

g

I can be the other full back. left back..in the changing rooms

• 255 Sack Llambias // May 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Tsunki
    At least we’re not getting JFK back. Any news
    on reported Kamara meeting with Ashley.

• 256 toonarmydownsouth // May 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Tsunki
    Yes mate yes! Absolutely spot on, just because he’s not our most gifted player doesn’t mean he deserves the abuse he gets of the troll

• 257 outsidethebox // May 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

leroi at 221 …yeah worth a go if they get no joy from benteke or lukaka ..i think they need two strikers in so rhodes would be a good shout …i think rhodes and tom ince should be the type of player toon should go for..and could also get..

• 258 jonobbad // May 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Why would a top player like pea move to a club that’s not in Europe, blame Europe for nearly getting them relegated and also have no desire to get there by aiming for top ten?
    Some players have ambition. Players as good as pea will not come here this summer. 5th top to 5th bottom in 12 months. Ridiculous.

• 259 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

JFK – 😐 its probably better not to tye that too many times. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice…

• 260 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Spoof

That’s entrapment! Truth is I work as a janitor at a top University, despite being smarter than anyone else there. Sometimes I see equations on the board and I’ll just solve them.

My best friend is Ben Affleck..

• 261 JP...from The Rock // May 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM

‘Apparently offered ANOTHER EXTENSION’ to his contract??? WTF!!! Alan Pardew is delusional if he thinks Strolla Ameobi is our saviour to our lack of goals!

This is the most useless CF in the League if not the world!

TAXI FOR STROLLA NOW FFS!!

• 262 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Rotonda….
    Careful. That might leave you tagged as caretaker!

• 263 lesh // May 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Ah Ruddy, such eloquence (now f**k off).

Most definitely Head of Media Relations for you

• 264 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Yeah Rotonda….only room for one caretaker in these here parts…

• 265 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM

jono
    whatever, if you are incapable of realising that the clause was not the main issue of my post, as I pointed out on more than one occasion, but you then want to continue with a meaningless debate, fine you do that, but do it on your own, I’m not interested, but will you please tell the Journal and any other press outlet which mention the clause that they are wrong, and reason they are wrong is because you have said so, thankyou.

• 266 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Lesh

One does try one’s best, wouldn’t want to desecrate the subtle art of the English language would we 😛

• 267 derekm // May 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I really wonder exactly what relationship both Alex Feruson and David Moyes had with their respective fans in their second season as managers of both Manu and Everton -if I remember they were both on their way out due to the fans not being happy with them. The difference between both NUFC and those clubs is that the board GAVE THEM TIME. Ashley has to stick with Pardew for at least another year having looked at other successful clubs ( yes I call Everton successful compared to us, I’d watch them anyday last year compared to our struggles ) and noted they gave the managers the chance to build. Pardew was let down last year by lack of summer spending and bad luck with injuries to a small squad. You have to assuem that when he played soemone out of position it was because there was no one else fully fit.

• 268 DokToon // May 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM

or i can bring a needy kid from this side of the pond, an epic make a wish trip ….

ok all we need now is someone on this blog with 500 mill or so to buy the freakin team, and its all in place :)

• 269 Newcastle Brown Alien // May 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM

derekm, the thing is pardew is playing our players wrong. our players are flare players who thrive on quick ground football, not hoofball

• 270 lesh // May 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Some shrewd observations @181 Markaccus.

In the light of your insight into people, may I suggest you for the role of Director of HR and Staff Development.

• 271 catchy in norway // May 23, 2013 at 1:57 PM

next season i will not watch a single game with him in charge,,

i think the clown knows nothing about football,
    he carnt spot a good player
    he carnt use good players

under this clown we rely on indervidual skill rather than team

he keeps strola and saylor around because there both ass kissers, pretend geordies,

he boils my piss

i hate DL, i dont understand his roll in this,

MIKE ASHLEY , i was starting to get on board with his ideas,, but now,, i think its back to being a toy, a pass time for him,,

i carnt sit back and watch this every week without it have some affect on my real life,

i will check in here for the crack,, but i have fell out of love with football

• 272 donkey // May 23, 2013 at 1:59 PM

the 25 pecent of future fee with andy carrol would only apply if liverpool sold him on for more than they payed us

• 273 Greebol1892 // May 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Nice lad & good luck to him but ever since he broke into the 1st team I never rated him as a footballer.
    Poor workrate & lazy, never scored enough, too many injuries, limited passing ability, always offside (MUCH worse than Cisse), constantly giving away daft fouls, etc, etc. but GREAT penalty taker! One of the best alongside Beardsley I reckon.
    Let’s move forward and look for a replacement asap!

• 274 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM

catchy hang tight mate there’ll be another manager along in a minute just wait.. then you can give him a rough ride :)

• 275 Griff-toon // May 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Markaccus

Thank you for the position of head of marketing :)

As my first task on the job I would like to remind you all that there is only 8 days and 10 hours left to renew your season tickets!!

Hurry up and help fill the war chest of Pardew and Carr so we can strenghten the squad for the next exiting season!

• 276 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Ok lets see… Summary time…

Manager and assistant… Beattie and ruddy

Director of dennis wisedness…. catchy

Coaching staff… Torq(head) assisted by Ibiza

Scouting team… led by tsage. Ketsbaia and naiafron to assist in europe. Dok to search the amercas. I will add lilongwe to scout africa. There wilo be trips t the east too.

Youth development… rotonda. Emphasis on drilling atacking football into the kids.

Press executive… G. Its his job to give the media bs!

Marketing… griff-toon… sell us to the world likea cheap harlot!

The dirty dekka role…. Martoon. And may god have mercy on his soul!

• 277 ToonDownSouth // May 23, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Everyone’s started having a laugh, and catchy still chimes in with the same post he’s been peddling for 2 years now. *sigh*

• 278 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM

If there’s a job in charge of the pies, I’ll throw my hat into the ring…..

• 279 Tsunki // May 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM

TDS – sigh now mate, imagine what he’ll be like in 5 years…

• 280 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // May 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Markaccus

*Wipes tear from eye* This is the single proudest moment of my entire life, is this what personal fulfilment feels like?

• 281 estechco // May 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM

None of us know the real specifics of whether a sell on clause exists or not, but the following link seems to go with a fairly logical conclusion, that we might just have got away with including…

• 282 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I just hope this newly formed team don’t become too successful, I would hate to think that we would have nothing to moan about lol

• 283 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Spoof… and with that world class quote you are promoted head of PR! You will work closely with G on media and press reputation!

• 284 Mister Tuff // May 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM

The job of Chief Executive is a very important role – one of the attributes of the role has to be the ability to deal with loads of different people at the same time or confusion will prevail. Also if replacing Dastardly there has to be an element of a lack of footballing knowledge. I therefore accuse the Blog Board of not checking CV’s correctly and recruiting their mates.
    Clearly with the attributes I have highlighted there is only one person to replace Dastardly —-it’s got to be Ian Toon.

• 285 Markaccus // May 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Tsunki….. how does “Catering Executive” sound?

• 286 Munster Mag // May 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Disappointed that pardew has been kept on and think it will prove to be a mistake in the short/medium term. What becomes interesting now is how Ashley will back him.
    1. Will he get decent funds , or did we spend it all on the 4 Frenchmen?
    2. Will Pardew be able to buy players to suit his football beliefs.

Sadly the answer is probably “no” to both questions.

Finally….will guys like Cabaye stay , and try to convince other French talent to join us ? I doubt it. I think he knows whats what at NUFC now.

An opportunity missed.

• 287 Griff-toon // May 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I take it that I am alowed to use agressive marketing.

My new strategy is to single you out 3 at the time:

Tsunki – Your position as head of pies gives you free season tickets. Just because i like pies.

The rest of you need to pay, we need the money! Us beeing on the 20th richest club list is missleading. Have you not heard about agent fees?

Ruddy, Markaccus and TDS

Have you renewed your season ticket?

• 288 Munster Mag // May 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM

DerekM, Moyes was known as a young guy with pedigree. That’s why they waited. Pardew isn’t. End of !

• 289 Spoof // May 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Markaccus
    would that be a wise choice as I have stated that I don’t want success as it might get in the way of a good moan, so do you really have our best interest at heart, I call for a vote of no confidence with Markaccus, off with his head as an example to all lol

• 290 yo-yo // May 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Well Catchy we’ll miss your well honed phrases and poasitive outlook :)

Seriously though we will only get players in of sufficient quality IF we aim for fifth place and the EL again. Unless the terrible trio can convince players of PEAs, Gameiro, Seim etc., calibre that we are aiming for Europe again and they are key to the plans then we’ll end up with the also-rans.
    Aiming that high and correcting the errors of this dire season is essential and if AP isn’t up to it then Mashley has to get someone who will.

previous post: No Interest In Carroll – This Striker Is Newcastle’s Top Target