A Positive Update On Ryan Taylor

Ryan Taylor had surgery in Vail, Colorado last Saturday by the world-famous Dr. Steadman, and the surgery on his right knee went well – very well.

ryan taylor traning

Ryan Taylor – a few months ago before hos second knee injury

We learned about Steadman a few years ago when he operated on players like Ronaldo (of Brazil), and Newcastle’s Alan Shearer and Michael Owen, and he ‘s generally regarded as the best knee surgeon in the world – and that’s why his clinic is based in Vail, where there are a lot of knee injuries with skiing.

Here’s some tweets from Ryan starting before his operation last Saturday:

Chilling before my op tomorrow at the Colorado Rockies vs San Francisco Giants, no idea what’s going on here

Welcome to baseball.

Thanks for all your kind messages it means a lot to me, I had a successful operation yesterday, its gonna take a little longer than expected. But I’ll keep fighting and I can’t wait to put on the black and white stripes again at SJP, thanks again for all the support

Good look to Harps today, I’m sure the toon will give him a good send off, great servant to the club for 20 years. Enjoy the game Harps

Day 3 post surgery an everything is going really well. Just gotta be patient in the next few months, I’m just happy it’s gone well.

Can anyone guess what this is, and where it came from??

With a picture of a long rod ….

Few right, the long rod has just been removed out of my tibia from when I broke it in 2006. Weird looking at it, as it was in there 7yrs

Here’s Ryan’s twitter account and we’re sure he’d love to hear from you – maybe you can send him a message of support to help keep his spirits high.

Ryan should be 100% once he returns to football some time next year – Dr, Steadman’s reputation is awesome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• JAMSHA

May 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Lets Go Taylor

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Poor Stoke fans, going from Pulis to Hughes….. That could have been us, we should all be grateful to our Mike and Derek for saving us from that fate. 😉

• TorqToon

May 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Yo – Jupiler pro is a league we are now starting to
    Show plenty of interest in. So many Of today’s top players are from Belgium and you only need to look at the national side to see the quality. Prices are cheap and you get plenty for your money.

Cheikhou Kouyate is a powerhouse!! Senegalese International (French speaking!! Ha). I think 23/24yrs old. Not a goalscoring defender but solid and reliable. Would cost around €7mil I would say. But signed on a free by anderlecht so all profit.

Maxime lestienne – now he is the real deal! 20yr old winger and lightning quick! Known predominantly for his assists over his goals, he has played at all levels of youth international setups and should, imo be given a chance at senior level. Would cost best part of €5mil which seems a lot for a 20yr old who isn’t in the full national side, but once he is called up…his value will soar!! Sign him now before he is properly discovered.

• WWYCD

May 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Torq
    Knew my scouting was good haha what about Matias Suarez he looks fantastic on youtube and has a transfermakt value to match

• Bearsize

May 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

There is only one person who is more poo than shola! mark hughes! This guy knows where the camera is. Full of shiza and biggest drama queen on the touchline not to mention his huge ego. If hughes was to take over at toon at any time i think i would beg MA for pardew to stay. Hughes is a virus. Poor stoke

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

How is Shaqiri getting on at Bayern? He hasn’t featured when I have seen him, same with young Dale Jennings who went there from Tranmere. Anyone any ideas? If Shaqiri can’t get a game he could be worth a look at, and Jennings is a great prospect, one we should have looked at 18 months ago before his contract ran out and Bayern nipped in.

Amazes me that clubs in the Prem are so ignorant to the lower leagues, and moan about how expensive young British talent is that they fail to scout a player who was out of contract and allowed Bayern to get him uncontested.

• outsidethebox

May 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM

hope he can stay involved with toon over next year it will be long one for him….
    need keeper cover ….get shay given on temp loan…
    full backs ok
    centre backs need left sided ..try for sakho or vermaelen
    midfield need goalscoring am…try for tom ince
    strikers go for jason rhodes and ano …
    hope alan is reading blogs

• toonarmydownsouth

May 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM

On stevie Taylor saying we don’t need CB’s…

That’s purely because he knows his days our numbered as a starter, mbiwa and colo if colo stays, mbiwa plus new CB if he leaves, tayls simply isn’t good enough!

On pardew a few posts back
    I think the arguement that he won’t learn and it will be the same next season falls short on the fact he’s asked for a new coach, if he wants a new coach he must be acknowledging that he’s made mistakes and struggled to be more inventive with his tactics?
    Maybe there’s hope maybe not will find out soon enough

I’m going to take a leaf out JFA’s book…
    Being the first strip to hand out of Ann Widdecombes bikini waxing kit is to good for Indian mag

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Lilongwe Geordie

Maybe thats why we keep Pardew
    cos knowing us we would go for Hughes, Pulis, Warnock or someone of their ilk.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Outsidethebox,
    Re Keeper cover, I think they will stick with what we have, in the expectation that Alnwick is ready to play a part in the odd game, and capable of sitting on the bench if required. Tough to keep 3 good keepers happy, so easier to use a kid coming through.

Ince would definitely be on my list, but is probably on a few clubs. Rhodes, I think Blackburn would want a high price for him, which I doubt MA will want to pay for a lad playing at Championship. As I said earlier, I would break the bank for Lukaku. The boy has the lot, and if West Ham are confident he would join them, then we should be equally confident he would join us.

• Indian Magpie

May 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM

TADS

Everything is tooooooooo good for me.

• TorqToon

May 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Suarez is a somewhat undiscovered player. Winger / striker and reminds me of Angel Di maria in many ways.

Tricky and full of flair. Former player and players player of the season a couple years ago. Nearly signed for a club (can’t remember which one!) but had it cancelled due to a failed medical. Costing around €10mil and at 25, he is a big signing, expensive signing, but worth the money. Best friends with lukaku (played together). He and HBA laying on chances for lukaku and pea….wow!!!!

Ok maybe I need to calm down a touch! 🙂

• Indian Magpie

May 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM

New coach will turn Jonas into flash, We will not defend one goal leads, No wierd subsitutions will happen. Players will play in their positions.

Pardew will ask a new coach, where should i play sissoko LB or RB?

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Charlie,
    I think that was the entire point of what those advocating keeping Pardew were saying. It isn’t ideal, but he is staying, so we might as well move on and hope he proves all us doubters wrong.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Lilongwe
    To true move on
    Thats why I would give Pardew till December because my worry would be we would bring in another Kinnear.

• WWYCD

May 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Torq
    Haha so Suarez and Lestienne added to my high hopes list 🙂 Sakho or Kouyate as well then some bleeding strikers and Jordy Clasie 😀