Frenchman Going To USA To Learn English This Summer

One of the major tasks for our five new Frenchmen – and maybe some of the other Frenchmen at the club – is to learn English this summer – so they can speak to their team-mates and manager – that should help.

Massadio Haidara metalist 98

Massadio Haidara – coming to the states to learn English – kind of

One of the new lads is 20 year-old Massadio Haidara, and he’s coming over to the states so he is forced to learn English – which seems a decent idea.

This is what Haidara told the Newcastle Journal today:

“I am going to the United States in the summer so will have no choice but to learn English.” “It will be good to keep learning English while I am on holiday in the summer.”

“I will try to make sure I advance my English – I think it is very important to help me to settle in. “The manager hasn’t told us especially to go away and learn English, but I think he knows that it’s important we understand English.”

“There won’t always be an interpreter there for us to translate so we need to learn the language to understand what is going on – whether that’s on the pitch or in our life.”

“We need to be able to speak English. That is a big thing for us this summer.”

That’s not a bad idea to go on vacation in an English speaking country, but of course the Americans speak English just a little bit differently than the English. 😀

Maybe we’ll see Massadio give an interview early next season – so we can see how his English has come along.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Joe Blog

May 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Go away and learn in English > goes to USA to learn English.

Lost in translation? 😆

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM

really like this kids attitude, he wants to do well and succeed, i predict a big future

• stuart no9

May 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM

going to the states to learn english???? i’m lost!
    there’s something i’m missing here !!!

• scout

May 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Be easier to get Pardew to learn French oh and does cisse want to spend a weekend with a linesman

• NUFC_LEAZES END

May 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM

that’s why hes learning English in America^

May 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Hmmm…Going to a country that seems to struggle to understand the word water to learn English?

Nice try Haidara, enjoy your holiday, but don’t pretend you’re learning to speak English 🙂

• NUFC_LEAZES END

May 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I just hope doesn’t do what I did when I was in L.A.
    asking for a hot dog and chips with salt and vinegar on, only to be given a hot dog a and a packet of salt and vinegar crisps :/ he’ll be massively disappointed

• JAMSHA

May 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM

so we are wasteng our time telln our players go learn english… insted of playn some frndly match and preaprng us for nxt season

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Jamsha

Good to know that you think that having a team that can actually speak to one another is a waste of time…seems legit.

• JAMSHA

May 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM

pardew needs to learn english, he doesnt know the meang of passng game…… u tell him to play passng game he tells the players to hoof the ball

May 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Jamsha…I don’t think it’s instead of a pre-season, just that during his holiday time, he will be somewhere that the native language is English…well sort of anyway.

May 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Hey Ruddy, how’s things?

• JAMSHA

May 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Ibizatoon

lol mate he can learn that hea to we have saylor who can teach them

• JAMSHA

May 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM

anyways i dnt feel good about our tranfer targets… ma n.co busy enjoyn in.cassinos… n our targets are been signd by others n den we are left with players like c.cole

May 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Jamsha…I get that 🙂 I suppose what I’m trying to say, albeit badly, is that all this is, is his holiday time – basically it has sweet fa to do with language learning.

But it makes a nice story.

• JAMSHA

May 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Ibizatoon

hehehe 😀 …. dammmm i cnt wait for da nxt season… so bored

May 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Jamsha…After the season we’ve just had and knowing how hot and cold our owner can be at this time of year, it’s hard to be too optimistic about this window.

My head says it’s not even June yet, but there is a fair bit of activity going on elsewhere and if we miss out due to them being tardy etc I wont be happy.

Not a lot that we can do about it though, so I will cling on to whatever optimism I can for now.

• WWYCD

May 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Personally I think good on him trying to learn English in his own time can only help his future with us hope the other French lads are following his lead

• toon22

May 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

This window will be like all the rest under MA.
    Its all about what other teams do,we will probably wait to see if we can sell someone for a profit.
    Then use the cast to bodge our team.
    He will gamble on getting AC on some kind of last min deal.
    Im not going to bother even looking at the paper talk as it will be just that,talk.
    The only reason we bought all those frenchmen ar chrimbo was they were cheap and he gambled they would keep us up.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Not too bad Ibiza, withdrawal symptoms kicked in so I have reverted to “football manager” haha

I’ve taken over Newcastle, gutted half the squad and managed to sell Tiote for 15million quid 😉

• WWYCD

May 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM

We are playing Blackpool in a friendly maybe linked with a transfer? Hopeful thinking

• niafron

May 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Bonjour messieurs.

Personnaly, i learned english in Morocco…

• Vest

May 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM

He’ll probably get a bit of summer over there. He isn’t guaranteed sun in this country 🙂

May 27, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Yo…Stop being so positive 😉

Toon22…What about the summer window of 11/12? Cabaye, Ba, Santon, Marveaux.

Wasn’t too shabby.

Ruddy…Good old football manager 🙂 I’m about to make my adjustment to sun, parties and women. Roll on next season 😉

• WWYCD

May 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Ibiza
    Haha u haven’t seen my wish list of players? That’s positivity haha

• lesh

May 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Now if he went to Louisiana, he could be speaking French. Should send him to deepest Northumberland to learn English…. Oh hang on…..

May 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Yo….I haven’t seen it. Have you been collaborating with Kets?

• Shiremagpies

May 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Alrite guys how’s tricks, see we’re all suffering with the withdrawal symptoms already, this is absolute murder.

• toon22

May 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM

All AC money.

• lesh

May 27, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Or Sunderland?

May 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM

toon22…Ahhh, we’re back on to total net spend?

Pass 🙂

May 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Shire…Says something about our mental state that we’re missing the rubbish we’ve watched this last season!

• niafron

May 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Tbh, i once heard a man from Lousiana speaking “french”, i barely understood.

• Shiremagpies

May 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Ibiza very true, it’s quite sad waking up convincing myself we will have some positive news on here, but as per nothing think we would be used to it by now.

May 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Niafron…I really want to go to Morocco. Supposed to be an amazing place. Never heard of someone learning English there mind 🙂

May 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Shire…Let’s just do what the rest of the press does, make up news. That should keep us going until we get some actual news.

• WWYCD

May 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Ibiza
    I’d be surprised if some didn’t think that mate haha 6/7 names on the list

• Shiremagpies

May 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Funny you should say that Ibiza jus been to my local shop (kandola stores) and overheard them speaking Indian I heard Cavani and newcastle, now I’m not ITK but it might be a start for us to keep us occupied

• niafron

May 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Was a bit special.

I teached french in a language school and my best friend there was the english teacher….

His french was perfect, but i was eager to demonstrate i could match him in his own speciality, so i learned english as fast as possible!

May 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Yo… 🙂 Go on then, share your wisdom with me.

Shire…You know what, I met some people today, talking Spanish obviously. Now I didn’t get a word they were saying, but it is possible that it was about Cavani heading to Newcastle, in fact, I’m now sure of it.

I wonder what number shirt he’ll be given?

1 2 3 6