Newcastle After 23 Year-Old Algerian International – Again

Newcastle have been linked with Algerian winger Ryad Boudebouz since the summer of 2011, and it seems the versatile midfielder would look at any offers that came in for him this summer.

FOOTBALL/FRIENDLY GAMES/SOCHAUX v DIJON

Ryad Boudebouz – one year left on his contract

Ryad has only one year left on his contract at Sochaux, and therefore would come at a bit of a knock down price, and Sochaux are likely to want to sell him this summer than lose him for nothing in a year’s time.

And the Algerian has opened the way for interested clubs to come in, since he has told French Radio station RMC he would look seriously at any offers for him this summer.

He has been at Sochaux since he was just 14 years old, and he can play anywhere across the midfield, and would seem to be a decent buy, depending on the fee.

As well as Newcastle, Real Betis and Marseilles have also been linked with the player who stands 5’9″ tall and the 23 year-old has played 15 times for Algeria and was in their 2010 World Cup squad and played in the 0-0 draw against England in Cape Town in the group game.

Newcastle were linked with this player a year ago, and with only one year left on his contract – the Tyneside club  are likely to be even more interested now – since Newcastle   are always looking for a good deal.

Yet another French speaking player coming to Newcastle this summer?

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Spoof

May 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Now this is more like it, a decent player who would not cost the earth.

• Slank

May 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM

He isn’t French, must be something in the story.

• Sazzer

May 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Get him now!

• toonarmydownsouth

May 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

@GFN_France: According to ‘Bild’ Bayer #Leverkusen are ready to make an offer for #Aubameyang as a replacement for Andre #Schurrle. #ASSE #CFC

• toonarmydownsouth

May 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM

He’s sh1te
    He’s free
    He’s never heard of stevie t
    Langil Langil!

• Spoof

May 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Slank
    he plays for Algeria due to parentage, but he was born and brought up in France.

• Rotonda heights

May 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

we hear nothing but injuries and tiredness from pardew but Anita and marveaux can’t get a game and amaltifano – what’s that all about?

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM

This is a familiar story. Swear I’ve heard his name mentioned before….

Does anyone know what his actual position is? We desperately need specialised wingers (not whingers, we’ve already got that covered).

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Rotonda…Both Marveaux and Anita got a fair few games tbh. What they didn’t get is consistent games, which was certainly harsh on them.

As for Amalfitano, have you seen him play? Should we have expected to see more of him?

• Spoof

May 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Rotunda
    Marveaux and Anita were also tired, tired of waiting for a chance lol.

• Sazzer

May 28, 2013 at 4:41 PM

He’s RW /AM but like Benny can play left winger. He is a mix between Zindane and Arfa.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Sazzer…Fairly cr@p then? 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

May 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Amalfitano was never going to feature this season, that was stated when he was signed

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM

he would be smashing

• tequilamag

May 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Anita played 25 times Marveaux 29. out of 54 games played in total. Roughly 50%.

• Slank

May 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Spoof @ 6

Bugger !

• Spoof

May 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

tequila
    I have to say that I didn’t realise that they played as often as that, how many of those games were as a sub, do you have that figure as well.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Tequila & Spoof…

Off the official site I have it as

Anita – Starts = 18 / Subs = 8 / Total = 26
    Marv – Starts = 11 / Subs = 13 / Total – 24

But those don’t include any EL games.

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I don’t understand why amalfitano was signed if I’m honest, he’s like a youngster, only not too young so by the time he has developed he will be past his best

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM

A link for you fine folk…

• tequilamag

May 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Spoof I was wrong Anita actually played 25 times in the PL and another 12 cup appearences . The second highest most appearences of his career,
    Marv played 22 Pl games with 14 cup appearences again the second highes season total of his career. CBA to work out how many were subs though.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM

We’ll try that again then..

• tequilamag

May 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Cheers Ibiza. I would have liked to see more of both especially Anita but his appearences dried up when Cabaye was fit again.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Fine. I am retiring from posting links.

Tequila…Where are you getting your stat facts from? 😉

• WWYCD

May 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Ryad? Ince? Lestienne (we have not been linked but I am damn well linking us) good! I want wingers!!!?

• Spoof

May 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

So in reality, Anita has played just over half the season, and Marveaux even less, they must be puzzled as to why this has been the case, especially when we have struggled so badly, but its all history now, time to look forward to the future, and as far as looking forward to the future goes, I might be better off living in the past ?

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Tequila…My biggest gripe tbh was seeing Anita getting automatically dropped for Tiote after a run of MOTM performances. I can half understand it on reputation, but it doesn’t sit too well with me.

Still, it’s his first season in the PL, we were in the sh*t house for a good long while, I can understand the want to go with what you know, even if it isn’t what we all would have done.

• tequilamag

May 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Ibiza, I just make them up mate.Seems to be the fashion on this blog to make cr@p up to suit your argument.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Tequila….I would never make things up. Wait, did I make that up?

Spoof…In reality he has started roughly half, yep. I do think we’ll see a lot more of him next time around though. As for the future or past idea, I’ll get back to you in the future.

• Spoof

May 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

tequila
    very cynical m8, true but cynical

• Newcastle Brown Alien

May 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Ibiza, I can understand why he was dropped as in the 11-12 season tiote was class, what I don’t get is when tiote was terrible he continued to get games over anita, and even the average but versatile perch was getting games over anita

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Right then…Off to go meet the plumber, what an exciting life I lead!

Take it easy.

• blissna

May 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Off Topic: Every day I see Obertan on the banner and Ryan Taylor not on it, makes me want to cry.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Alien…Quickly before I go – Again, I think it’s more to do with experience. We were in trouble and I guess he just thought that with Tiote he needed time to pick up his game and when putting in Perch it was because he was reliable. Not spectacular, but 9 times out of 10 gets the job done.

It could have all been so different, but the reality is none of us know it would have been better if Anita had played instead.

Anyway, until next time.

• tequilamag

May 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Ibiza, I can understand that. You could have 20 people picking the team and it is unlikely you would get any 2 of them agreeing on the best 11/ formation. Pardew has never picked the starting 11 I would have chosen in the 2.5 years we have had him as manager. But then I don“t see how they are in training or who has a knock and is not 100% fit.
    It`s easy to be an armchair manager but real life is a bit more complex than that. I don`t think Pardew sees Anita as being physical enough to do the Tiote role, more as cover for Cabaye .

• tequilamag

May 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Spoof. sad but true. Hard to wear the rose tinted specs and support Newcastle.

• Spoof

May 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Ibiza
    when you get back can I have the DeLorean, and more importantly will you give me Biff’s results book ?

• Spoof

May 28, 2013 at 5:11 PM

tequila
    tell me about it ?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM

One week 2 days since the season ended and Ryad Boudebouz must be at least the 30th player been linked to.

How many by the end of the transfer window we will be linked to and how many will we sign????????