Should Newcastle Sign Loic Remy For £8M This Summer

Loic Remy changed his mind at the last moment in January and signed for bottom club QPR instead of Newcastle, and finished the season with bottom club QPR, and via the £8M release clause in his contract he will now be looking to leave for another club.

loic remy

Loic Remy – looking to leave QPR this summer

And only last week the French International was charged with rape along with two other men, and he has to face an upcoming trial against that charge, although it could turn out that he’s innocent of that.

So those are two reasons why Newcastle may elect not to sign him, and he has said he’d like to sign for Arsenal.

On the other side of things Loic is a good player and scored six goals for QPR in 14 appearances since January, and we could have done with those six goals at Newcastle, and also £8M is a decent fee for a striker of his class.

So here’s the question – should Newcastle try to sign Loic Remy this summer for £8M.

Let us know what you think.

Should Newcastle Try To Sign Loic Remy For £8M This Summer

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Jail for Ashley

May 28, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Being locked up in an iron maiden is too good for Ashley .

• yo-yo

May 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM

That’s me 100% NO. Do we want another Barton in jail ?
    Contract could cut his pay if he got a sentnecve nut the whole process ain’t going toi keep his head on his game – too risky.

We should have at least three of our targest sorted out by 1st July so we fanas can get an idea of what they’re up to in terms of sorting out the mess that is Toon recruitment after the last year. Too little too late. If Masley is commutted to the club then get us the players. If AP can’t gel them, into a Top 6/8 side then get rid of him – no more excuses.
    Hope for Siem de Jong but the names I’ve seen are mostly fantasy

• yo-yo

May 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM

thick fingers small keys

• tweaked

May 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM

yes if he doesn’t go to prison

• Indian Magpie

May 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM

God helps those who help themselves and

Supporters suppor those who show at least an inkling of ability

• HullMag6

May 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Voted yes but with a caveat any allegations proven dont touch with johm terrys barge pole.

Wish Pardew had gone but he isnt the team HWTL

• Jail for Ashley

May 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Santon ,
    From previous thread,I don’t know how much you use this blog or other NUFC news sources,but if you have limited computer access and live outside the area I will forgive your ignorance,Pardew was told and clearly stated that we would be bringing four first teamers in last summer,it was only when Ashley thought that spending 15M might only get us 7th and that by spending next to nothing should get us 10th that the snivelling Pardew decided we had enuff in the tank.

• winnynufc

May 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Had his chance lets move on to other targets, someone who really wants to be here! Move on HWTL!

• Santon03

May 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Toon-Prodigy

Let’s hope nomore excuses next season and hopefully reapeat miracle.

Hatem better than Mesi
    AC was sold at just before the window closed, I don’t think anyone could get replacement at very short time with good quality and nobody expect the fools would accept 35mil. Based on my assestment of pardew is that he is arrogant after 1.5 good season and got over confident that he will do wonders in EPL and Europa with pretty much the same squad. I think not much addition to the squad just an excuse by pardew because he was in trouble. The team that he put on Europa was different team and they did well. It was the hoofball, tactic, and coaching was his downfall. I have never seen a team that didn’t once score from corners in one season. Our injuries are mostly on the training ground not matches and I haven’t seen we dominate entire match last season, it’s one good half and one very bad half. 6-0 at home was the climax.

• brighter

May 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I dont think he is a good player at all.

• davetoon

May 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM

maybe he could be Pardew’s new wingman 😉

• Santon03

May 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM

JFA

I know your hatred of Ashley is it possible that the truth unlike what you said?
    When you mean sources, did you mean reliable source inside the club? I don’t have any reliable source and yes I live outside England.

• Jail for Ashley

May 28, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Santon,
    I will name my source as Alan Pardew who clearly stated in one of his interviews that we would be bringing in the said four players.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Morning all,

See Ed has received some criticism for daring to suggest we should be backing Pardew as a part of our club…the cheek.

Pardew out!

Now that I’m safe…

Santon…Even if we forget everything thing else said last summer, after the Raylor injury Pardew said that he would need an extra body now, only for two days later to say we were fine (or something along those lines / timescales). I can only assume he was told they weren’t getting anyone else at that time.

As for Remy, yes we have all had a sour tasted left in our mouth, but he is a decent enough player. Would prefer someone like PEA, but would prefer Remy to no striker at all….charges pending of course.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

May 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

sour taste*

• Toon-Prodigy

May 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Santon,

I agree.

In regards to Loic, I’v voted no.

I think he is a quality footballer and he is well worth 8 million but he seems a troubled character to me. His personal life was often spoke about back in France aswell. He seems to go off the rails quite regularly.

Personally, I’d skip him. I don’t think our vibrant nightlife will do him any favours.

• mindshaft

May 28, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Well the CPS must think there is a case to answer so I’d give Remy a miss, shame as decent player but we do NOT need an alleged rapist on the books – I’d be surprised if any club would touch him with this hanging over him although this a footballer and they seem to have a different set of rules than the rest of us

• Greebol1892

May 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Talented & proved he can cope with PL… BUT I think just a little too much baggage i.e. can he stay out of the papers? I don’t think so and I think he will probably go to Spurs or Arsenal anyway. Voted NO.

• croftus5678

May 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM

i voted yes not that its ever going to happen !
    the fact is he’s a great player and would improve our team 100 fold.

bad news is too high for wages and nobody likes to admit he made a mistake and he will be worried the fans will be against him if he joined here after what happened (which some are)

not even worth the time thinking about imo.

• usmagpie

May 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Ok, how do I put this in words that are not going against codes online.
    What the bleep are we talking about this shower of bleep, He joined QPR because of an xbox game with the owner. No offence but bleep him let him stay with qpr the greedy bleeping money grabbing bleeper.

• Noah Another Ameobi

May 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

he would be a boost to our attack but i think his wage demands would be to high

ive found this video talking about this topic